Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park 3 stars

#52 of 62 hotels in Durham

6.1

5.9

Horrible

The facility was old and beat down. It was not clean at all, the pictures online are very misleading. The location of the hotel is not in the most desired part of town. The hotel hallway was do filthy and looked looked like a scene from the movie The Shinning.

A satisfactory, convenient and serviceable place to lay your head for a night, nothing more.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was not available because some person had tried to jump the fence and gotten stuck in it, and they had to cut the fence to get him out. I don't understand why the lack of a closed fence would make it so two adults couldn't swim; perhaps it's a local ordinance. We were very disappointed, given the unremitting mid-nineties heat and humidity; the pool had been one of the reasons I chose this place, and while the front desk agent apologized, we weren't offered any sort of compensation for not being able to use the pool. Also, the first room I was given reeked of cigarette smoke, so I asked for a new room, which I was given with no resistance. The new one smelled of old, damp, musty carpeting, which was also visibly stained and dirty. They really need to replace it. The bathtub looked old and dirty as well. My son wanted to take a bath, and I told him not to. He took one look and agreed.

A good place to lay your head for a night on a long road trip. Very convenient to Route 85, with a Cracker Barrel next door, and an easy drive to Duke and the center of town. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and the place was quiet, so we slept well. The shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water. We were able to park right outside our room, which was very convenient. The room was painted a nice, bright Tuscan yellow.

Never again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The entry halls , carpets, all doors were filthy, in desperate need of paint & or replacement. We had booked two rooms for our family & neither room was cleaned in the four days we were there. There was a padlock on the pool gate. When we asked about the padlock, we were given different reasons by different staff members.....but, the padlock said it all!! We would have changed hotels immediately if we had not been focused on our granddaughter, who was recieving medical treatment at Duke.

The location was just a short drive to the Duke University Medical Center where our granddaughter was recieving treatment

Was just an overnight stay but would stay again

There really wasn't anything that we disliked

I was unable to have breakfast because of test being done at Duke but my husband said it was ok The bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows and the room and bathroom was clean

Reasonably comfortable, but not worth the price.

The facility is pretty old. It took 2 tries to get a functioning iron. The room had a strong, strange odor. The price was way too high for this facility.

Good location.

Overall not recommend to stay there

This was an unpleasant stay - starting with the check-in, the hotel did not have my booking record because Booking.com did not transmit appropriate information to the hotel, and the young lady at the front dest was lack any intention to help except saying nothing can be done. And worse, prior to check out, I got a call in the early morning asking my credit card security code with absurd reason - obviously the credit card number was leaked.

The cleaning staff were nice and helpful

Very restful accommodations and charming, friendly people.

I was looking forward to having grits during my North Carolina stay,for breakfast, but did not find grits at breakfast.

The breakfast choices were good and varied day to day. Good assortment of juices and the coffee was great. The staff behind the counter, the cleaning attendants and the breakfast stewards were all friendly and attentive.

Very restful accommodations and charming, friendly people.

Good price for a city location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room did not have comfortable place to sit,small room seemed crowded. Bed was high and not easy to sit on. Outdoor hall and windows not clean but I understand there was construction. Lobby and breakfast areas nice.

Location was convenient, price reasonable

Good customer service but rest was not so good but they are renovating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the sausage was hard and the eggs where cold and for being on the keto lifestyle that is all i could eat so didnt eat :(

the front desk was very welcoming ended up getting in way early and was going to just throw my stuff in my moms room since she been there but the gm let me check in early.

I was visiting family so the location was close, the bed comfortable and the free breakfast was good

The property is older and currently being renovated. It appears they put up a wall to separate the entrances to the rooms from the parking lot and it makes it very inconvenient to unload your luggage. Needs better maintenance work.

The food was fresh and plentiful. Each morning the place was set very well. Quality was high and there were many options to choose from. The staff I encountered was helpful and pleasent.

Dissatisfied with customer service the lady told me my...

Dissatisfied with customer service the lady told me my reservation threw booking.com wasn't showing up so she tried to charge me more for the room..I showed her my email conformation for the room and how much they charged me..around 2:30am in the morning front desk called to see if I checked in I told her yes..That morning looked over my bank statement I was charged again after front desk called me,now I've been charged twice for the same room..Called front desk several times asking for clean towels which we never received..The room was very nice..But the customer service was awful..

Don’t expect too much.

The pillows were as flat as you could get. I had to stack 3 together to make one pillow. When I went to check out a day early, I was double charged for the night I wasn’t even going to be there.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Too noisy as I was able to hear people talking in the next room as well as in the hallway. The floors throughout the hallways and in the room felt as though they were going to fall through with every step.

The room was clean and comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel to friends for the price and cordial of the staff.

Everything was good until the last night stay, when a group of guests were checking out. They had the front entrance blocked with ALL their things. Had to step over and around . The day of checking out the manager came to the room about an hour before check out time to find out if we're going to check out. I thought that was disrespectfull when we had more time before check out time

The breakfast was decent. Coffee could have tasted better. The room was nice and clean upon arrival. Did not have enough bath cloths the next day when housekeeping came, had to wait over an hour for some to be washed. The spread on the bed was way too thin

Extremely friendly staff.

Hallway smelled and was dirty. Carpet in my room was dirty and the room itself had a funny smell. Bathtub was rusty.

Extremely friendly staff. Great location. Great price.

overall it was very good for the price and amount of time we stayed.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The heater/ac unit in my room was no working right only would go freezing or very hot.

it was close to the physicians I needed to see. The rooms wer nice and the breakfast was perfect.

Inexpensive, clean, very close to 85 and many other venues.

Very outdated. Needs some upgrades like new carpet, faucets, etc. Ice machine on 3rd floor inop.

Inexpensive, clean, very close to 85 and many other venues.

Good place for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room had a moldy smell and construction crews would hang out too close to the building making for a lack of privacy. The noise generated by the construction crew was also loud. The pool was closed so made for a bit of a disappointment. Seasonal?

The price was the best due to short notice on taking this trip. Made it easy to travel to and from Duke Univ Hosp.

For one night it was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpet in both rooms were very dirty. Made the rooms smell like dirty carpets. Having carpets cleaned or repaced would definitely be a plus for hotel

Everything was clean except carpet breakfast was very good

Very unpleasant even for one night.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Carpet disgusting/stained/dirty. Very outdated decor Unpleasant room odor Safety lock on door didn’t work Noisy

Staff, coffee, breakfast, TV, HBO, breakfast area was nice.

Room is clean and comfortable

Custodian was rude and displays poor customer service and refused to give us drinks after we arrived 10 minutes after 10AM for breakfast. She said we were late.

Room is clean and comfortable

The cost for our stay was quite reasonable, but this may be due to the dire need for an update.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The carpet was filthy & in need of replacement. The sink stopper was unconnected to the knob. Tub finish was worn & in need of replacement. The desk chair was too large for the desk & room.

Breakfast was quite nice. Staff were friendly & helpful.

WOULD NEVER STAY THERE EVER AGAIN!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was notable for a large crack in the wall between the beds. The bathroom was notable for mold and hair on the floor. The sink was outside the bath and toilet area. The air conditioner smelled. There were hairs in the sheets. My son refused to sleep on the bed. I had to go to target and buy him a sleepingbag. Though the hotel was "smoke free" guests smoked near the doors and in the hallways.

If I ever end up in a hotel this miserable again, I am never using booking.com again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Third floor security doors broken; anyone can enter into hotel hallways. Walls grimy, needed washing. Carpets old, had obvious food and other trash on them. Needed vacuuming. Sheets changed on first day only; towels not replenished even though left on floor. Had to call for new towels. Coffee pot not cleaned, nor was used filter removed. Stains on walls of room and bathroom. Small roaches in room. Found broken glasses from previous guest on floor beside bed. Even the toilet paper holder was broken. Seriously. Left tip for housekeeping, and service actually got worse. Was informed because booking was through booking.com, they could not give me better rooms or any accommodation for my troubles. This hotel is really horrifying. Do not stay here.

Staff at the desk was very nice, when they weren't swatting small roaches on the desk.

We needed two rooms quickly for a reasonable price and this...

We needed two rooms quickly for a reasonable price and this hotel fit all of the criteria. The location is good, the rooms were fine and we felt safe. We would stay here again.

Ew, never go there

There are bed bugs, it's scary and not clean. The smell of the aisle sucks. Room service woke me everyday and when i asked for a do not disturb tag they gave it to me then remove it after few days without asking.. i saw a staff taking a pee at the parking lot.. it was ugly I wouldn't ever go back.

A dump, but close to Duke.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a damp smell in our room. Couldn't get extra pillows. On the way to our room outside the elevator door locks were busted off. Didn't feel safe. The coffee condiments had been opened, stirs and creamer taken out, not a good feeling. Paint was chipping in our room and out. The shower looked clean, but we were to scared to use it. We stayed on the third floor, the floor felt like it was crumbling underneath the carpet.

Bagels

Good Value for the price, Mid Rated Property

I got sick after staying; could've been the AC being too cold but not sure. There seemed to be blood stains on the carpet; tried to ignore and hope for the best.

The front desk staff was nice and the breakfast tasted good!

The price of the room.

This was an older facility and it was evident in the halls. The ice machine on the third floor was not working properly.

The price of the room. The accommodations met my standards for a short trip.

As a young woman traveling by myself, I would not suggest...

As a young woman traveling by myself, I would not suggest staying here. I did not feel that safe at all. The location was okay, close to a lot of things, but the other guests made me feel uncomfortable at times. A lot of loitering around in the parking lot a night.

Dirty

The first night we got there was late like 1:30am. When we woke up in the morning at 7am, there were ants crawling everywhere in the room. We called the front desk and they stated that they had no other rooms until Housekeeping comes at 9am to clean the rooms of guests that checked out. We had appointments that we had to go to so we would have to wait until we got back. When we did get back around 12:15pm, we noticed that the door to our room would not lock. We had our laptops and our dog in the room. We immediately went down to the front desk where the manager states AGAIN, we would have to wait for a room. My husband was not going to stand there and allow them to blow us off again. We got a new room after he yelled and complained. Both rooms did not have enough towels. We were told to come to the front desk to get them. Both showers had what looked like black mold. Totally disgusting!! We will never stay there again.

Would definitely not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled very bad and didn't appear clean. Color of room depressing. Cigarette butts and trash on outside deck. Pool out of service.

Breakfast was pretty good.

Will not stay again.

Room was very small and not maintained well Paint pealing off bathroom ceiling, carpet dirty and door to room was in poor condition. Mattress was well worn and was not conducive to sleep

parking was easy, staff was helpful, location to Duke was good

Very Unhappy!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Filthy, locks were broken, wiring faulty in rooms. Was listed as 4 star, but certainly wasn't even close. I'm really disappointed in book.com.

Near Duke University

0nly one ice machine for 3 floors.

0nly one ice machine for 3 floors. it was on the 1st/ floor. hard to find no signs to tell you where it was. they should give you a ice bucket when you check in ,if your room is on the 3 rd/floor

No Nextime
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Several times my guest was locked out of room due to an issue with the locks on the door.

Location was convenient to Highway, places to eat, pharmacy, gas station, grocery.

Affordable, good staff and breakfast. But the room was really terrible. Not staying here again.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The disable room at the first floor was awful. It seems no maintenance was done on the whole room. The paint on the walls and doors were flaking off. The sprinkler system had too much cob webs on it. A couple area of the carpet was torn off; you can actually see the concrete floors. The furniture seriously needs replacement. The worst part was the bathroom caulking in the shower seems had black mold marks. This room needs a major make over. Finally looking at the entrance door, from the inside of the room, so can obviously see water drip marks which i believe starting to have corrosion. I believe as a whole this room needs a major make over.

The continental breakfast was good.

Great Stay at Quality Inns and Suites

The remote control for the TV stopped working

The free breakfast was great, good food good coffee maid service was exceptional, friendly and helpful staff Arrived for check-in early, no problem got a room rightaway

Would not stay again

Carpet stained and dirty , bathroom toilet had leak - water in bathroom floor , had to get towels so wouldn't step in it . Bed mattress would slid off side if you tried to sit on edge unless it was the end of bed . Breakfast only fair . Will not stay here again if in area!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Not bad for a night.

The shower dripped all night. Walls are paper thin. Lots of noise, including a noisy air conditioner. Carpet was grungy.

Reception staff was nice. Parking was free and convenient.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

IF YOU ARE DISABLED DON'T STAY HERE
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not handicap accessible. Smelled. Every time I turned on the air conditioner there was a nasty smell. I went through a can of air freshener in 3 days. The food wasn't fresh. Milk curdled before I finished breakfast. Not very pleasant

The price per night. And the lobby was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

On
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room had a very strong fresh smoking odor...like maybe the cleaning people had been doing the smoking...also the toilet had urine in the bowl...and the roll of toilet paper was on the bathroom floor .it was around 5pm. So we wasnt an early check in...the girl at the desk..I think her name was vangie ...was quick to move us to another room.. And said how sorry she was.. Since it was suppose to be a 100% smoke-free hotel...saw several people after that standing in the doorways of rooms smoking...I think they would be better to have smoking rooms and non smoking rooms...cause apparently no one pays attention to the non smoking hotel....

Staff at the desk was nice even though she was very busy.....she changed our room immediately and apologized for how bad the room was

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The cost of room was reasonable. A little more attention by the housekeeping is needed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathtub and shower curtain had mold on them. The door stuck and was very hard to open.

Public areas were well maintained and presented a good impression.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

My stay wasn't very good,I called the front desk several times to let management know.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom tub water wouldn't drain out. I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the room vents.There were other customers in another room talked during the night until about 3pm.The quietness was missing.

I like the breakfast buffet.

Good stay🙃
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was panties on the back of the bathroom door when I got into the room.

The staff was friendly and courteous. They made me feel welcome and appreciated as a guest.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Very average but value for money

Breakfast was very average, also, they took the money when i arrived when they originally said it would be on departure

The rooms were a good enough size and the facilities were clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Room was clean.

Hard to find, needs a sign. I requested ground floor, because my dog cannot climb stairs. I did not get it. Clerk was not very friendly. Room was so far from elevator, it was difficult to get my pet to ground level when she needed to go. The hotel was far more rundown than the pictures indicated.

Room was clean. It was in a good location.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Never again

Booking directly from hotel because we checked out day early and didn't get any money back. The staff were rude. Couldn't get extra pillows, toilet paper or towels. Room wasn't clean.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Convenient location with clean rooms

Unfortunately my tub drain was clogged and drained very slowly.

The location was great for what I needed. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The Wi-Fi was a great bonus

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Never stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything else... They put me in the wrong room. The shower didnt work. Then the first lady who took my information forgot to tell me I was suppose to be in another room.. They put me in the wrong room. No shower was working and it was nasty

The waffle maker ... Thats it

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Not what was expected!
    • King Room - Disability Access

You could see through the outside door. The coffee maker was unplugged and had to move deck to get to plug. The toilet was for 2-3 year olds. All electrical outlets loose when plugged in.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

If you are allergic to mold, don't stay here. I will never return to this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was mold on the wall (not even near the bathroom), the top floor was incredibly creepy and needed updating. There were rust stains in the tub that looked like someone had vomited in it. Mold in the shower. The breakfast could hardly be called that. The hot items were sausage, a halfway decent white sauce and mashed potatoes. (WTH?) The coffee had to be thrown out it was so awful. I was not asked if I enjoyed my stay when I checked out. I was prepared to take my complaints up with someone then, but they did not ask, so I voiced them here and on Trip Advisor.

I have a more detailed review on Trip Advisor. There was very little positive about this visit and I am NOT a complainer so it really took a lot for me to post a review about this. The only good thing was that the bed was fairly comfortable and the AC was good.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

It was close to the person I was visiting.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Previous visitor must have spilt something on run - stained - wall splattered - wet towel found in drawer. No remote - clock had no backing - battery hanging out

It was close to the person I was visiting. Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Arriving at night a nightmare
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

received a 1st floor room that had mole in the bathroom area and to date they didn't adjust my bill for the 1st night as agreed by the night manager. they did move me the following night for the remainder of my stay to the 3rd floor which was fine.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Great and convenient location...easy to find!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Uncomfortable beds and pillows. Carpet needs replacing. There were items in our room that didn't belong to us when it was tidied up the next day. Short staffed at check-in...I felt sorry for the clerk, and actually helped her open the washing machine and put towels in the dryer so the guests that needed them would have them...I didn't mind as I'm helpful when I see people need it. Also, too many smokers surrounding the building on the balconies/walkway. We were there for my mom's Dr appointment, so we didn't expect the Hyatt. It was an okay stay. I would stay there again if I knew the carpets had been replaced. Also, I thought the curved bottom bathtubs could be dangerous to an elderly person.

The breakfast was nice. Typical self service hotel food but good and very clean dining area. The shuttle service to the hospital was wonderful.

we'll NEVER stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were dirty, the carpet had probably never been cleaned; and the towels felt like wire pads. The manager acted as though we were going to steal something.

The breakfasts were very good. The sheets were clean.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Met the need, but just barely...

Rooms, bathrooms, and all carpeting is old, worn, and in need repair/renovation, only one towel per person of each size per person, no extra blankets, no complimentary shampoo; strictly a budget hotel

Good location for us traveling on I-85, Cracker Barre next door, reasonably good breakfast, competitive price

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Breakfast hours were relaxed.

No electric kettle for boiling hot water. Faucet was difficult to operate - water was too most of the time. Using Styrofoam for plates n bowls during breakfast is bad as it could not withstand heat- it melted when toasted bagel was placed on it.

Breakfast hours were relaxed.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

The folks are nice, but the place needs a makeover.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were roaches in the room. The pillows and the bed were very uncomfortable. A wet, used, towel was left from the previous guest.

The location was perfect and the people were nice.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I booked a room for a person who is disabled I received a

I booked a room for a person who is disabled I received a conformation however when I got there I was told it was not available. I think this is wrong had I not had other persons meeting me there I w0uld not have stayed. I WILL NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

the bed was comfy.

the outside door into the hallway on 3rd floor was damaged and unlocked all the time, a safety issue. The carpets seemed old/dirty in the hallway.

the bed was comfy. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

AC would not keep the room cool.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

AC would not keep the room cool. The floor felt damp and smelled. The refrigerator dud not cool. My mother got bit my some insect while sleeping and later had to visit urgent care.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Not High on My List

The air conditioner unit was too noisy and the fan had to run all the time to get A/C. Breakfast was not very good.

The location was good and easy to find.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

the stay was nice but the capet was dirty need to be shampoo

the sheet were dirty on Friday night, we got too itching in bed could not sleep because of dirty sheets. the carpet was fifty need shampooing s crack at the bottom of the door, a snake could have crawl under the door. needs signs where the ice machine, couldn't, need more parking space for handicapped people.

wife didn't like the eggs, but husband did wife did not like the link saucage, wife love patttie saucage. need to cut the headages, wife and husband love decaf coffee,bagels, bread cimmon rolls. the tub and sink were clean.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great cisea
    • King Room - Disability Access

Quiet, the eggs were terrible, try scrambling them , the staff was friendly. It is very close to the mall and restaraunts, parking was an issue but overall it was a great stay

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

When something is broken, it not fix quickly.

When something is broken, it not fix quickly. Ice machine on 3rd floor and my alarm clock were broken, the whole time I stay there. I reported it the first day.

Our stay was brief but very pleasant. We will stay here again, the next time we visit Duke

Extremely comfortable bed, very clean room

Rooms was big

Pool dint work

Rooms was big

Smelled weed outside
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smelled weed outside Bathtub dirty looking

The staff were nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were hard, the pool was closed (which is why I chose the location).

The staff were nice.

The staff was very very helpful!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very very helpful!

The room stinked like tobacco, the fridge was leaking on the...

The room stinked like tobacco, the fridge was leaking on the carpet and the neighbors TV felt like they were in the room

yes I was a pleasure place

Staff

Nice friends people

was very dissapointed!

soft mattresses and extra soft pillows. no filters for coffee machine. the whole room looked like it was reasy for a total renovation

location was ok