Reviews of AC Hotel Kansas City Westport 4 stars

560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111, USA

#13 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

My view was an alley.

Modern deco. Loved the LVT floors. Very clean. When you walk into the hotel it smells wonderful and inviting. Staff were friendly and professional.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Streets were blocked in front of hotel on Friday and Saturday night and we had to call for directions. Directions were unintelligible and it took half an hour each time to get to hotel. People kept saying go north when we don't live there and don't know where north is. Room was way overpriced for what it was.

air conditioning

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

More handicapped parking spaces. Had to park a ways away most of the time.

The staff was extremely nice and very accommodating. I'm handicapped and in a chair and they helped me with everything and made sure I had what I needed.

The hard floors made it very clear what the people above us were doing. I would have loved to see a free breakfast option at that price per night.

Bed was comfy and shower was refreshing, although the hand held shower head was broken and did not work

No breakfast for us because we had a discount rate. Bed was hard as a brick. The chairs in the room were horrible. The swivel chair was hard, the back was not high enough to rest your head on the back, and no foot rest to put your feet up. The other chair was hard and like a kitchen chair (no arm rests or wheels

Room was very clean. We had enough towels for our showers. Staff was nice and helpful.

Only down side was our monitor for our air conditioning was broken so we couldn’t turn the ac down. Could have called and had it fixed but we were too tired and too late to mess with it.

Very close to Westport nightlife. Lots to do within a 2 min walk. Staff was very friendly and nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upon booking the price changed after I'd entered my payment information for two rooms. The rooms and the entire facility looks great in pictures but is very cold and uncomfortable. The bedding had spotting and I am convinced the linens were not changed between stays. The walls are thin and one could hear a pin drop in the next room. I listened to an entire conversation coming from the adjoining room. One of the rooms we rented smelled strongly of mold or some unpleasant odor.

Very little to like in this situation and the facility. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful inspite of the rest of the experience.

The walls seemed thin. You could hear the TV playing in the next room and everything that happened in the hallway. We had thought that we were hearing the music from the bars nearby, but when we went outside, realized that it was the music playing outside of the hotel on the speakers near our room.

You can tell this place covered over what used to be a bad hotel. Thats what it feels like. They had good design ideas, but they were poorly implemented. Our cool sink struggled to drain, the toilet paper holder was barely hanging from the wall, and there was only 1 tiny window. The wallpaper was cheap, and not everything was installed by professionals.

The room above us unfortunately left their sink on over night so our room had a major water leak at 3am and we had to change rooms. The hotel did comp our night which was nice, but the inconvenience was hindering.

Fitness center, location to Plaza

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff wasn't very helpful or attentive. They only allowed one vehicle per room for parking, so my friend had to park on the street and she ended up getting her car hit. There was plenty of room to park at the hotel but they wouldn't budge on giving us another parking pass.

Location was good for walking to Wesport bars, but a little sketchy part of town.

Loved the atmosphere of the hotel. A little more intimate which was good for my wife and I. Being so close to Westport is a great perk as well.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The overall design/setup of the room was not very comfortable. Trying to be too "hip" or "European". I get it, but honestly it was a little much. Breakfast was insanely over priced and offered little. This is Kansas City, not Tokyo. Also, there were no rugs or mats in the room. Because of the winter weather every time we walked in the room we were slipping around and then got our socks wet.

Location, Staff, Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

How short and busy our trip was; wish we could have sat by the fire and gone to the lounge.

We liked the location and how clean and modern the hotel was.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

We are locals but just got away from the kids for a night. Westport is a great location especially if you are looking to go out. Hotel was basic but very nice and clean. My husband won't stop talking about the rain shower. Bed was really comfortable and staff was very polite.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room we had the bathroom had a sewer smell, probable the seal around the stool. They were extremely accommodating and changed rooms without any problems.

Facilities are excellent, love the modern design and having rooms without carpet is wonderful for allergies.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I'd say the hotel is a little overpriced, especially for how small the rooms are. The bathroom is the worst part. The door is a tempered glass - you can't see right through it, but you can see shadows. It also doesn't latch all the way closed, so you can see into the toilet/shower area at the right angle. Couple that with how small the room was, and there not much to be left to the imagination. I would not want to stay in this room with other people around. The square toilet seat was also weird. As a smaller person, I felt like I could have fallen in. I'd stay here again, but only by myself.

The staff was nice and service was quick. The rooms were very clean and looked newly remodeled. Beds were comfortable. I loved the location of this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

We requested over the phone 1 room king and other 2 queens, got 2 kings, front desk changed immediately. The sink in the bath area was very slow to drain, the remote did not work, they replaced immediately

Bed was great, bar was great, breakfast great

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The noise transmission from the hallway to the room was absolutely atrocious. You could hear a normal conversation in the hallway, much less a loud tipsy patron sounded like they were screaming directly into our room.

The hotel is modern and well located in the Westport area of KC, which is close to many restaurants and bars. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom layout is awkward. No real privacy between it and the bedroom. Glass door looks cool, but every little noise comes through. Like the look, but not the feel of the hard surface floor in the bedroom. Our window was foggy, no doubt due to a broken seal, so couldn't really see through it. We had a 2 double bed room and space was a little tight. Got a pretty good deal, otherwise it's a little pricey.

Stayed here a few years ago, prior to the renovation, so was impressed with the overall design - very sleek and modern. Lobby, bar, and other public areas are very chic. Free parking is a plus. Westport is a cool, funky neighborhood, close to the Plaza and a short drive to other KC attractions.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The floor in the room could have been cleaner. The air went off during the night.

Liked the proximity to restaurants. The hotel did offer shuttle service to several areas.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

PARKING!!!! HATED IT! the sign on 'barricade' states HOTEL Parking ONLY--yet that was NOT the case. the sign states all others will be towed...I did ask about this and was told they don't have 'plate numbers' WHY NOT? I would be more than happy to supply my plate number is asked. I checked in @3pm on Friday --after going to room we drove to plaza. Later, I pulled in Friday evening after 11pm and was told there were no open spots...I should find somewhere else to park....Like hell I will! --I paid $200 per night for Fri/Sat and I WAS NOT parking on the street b/c this `lot was 'public' for NON CUSTOMERS within the 'party area' I did NOT know that when I booked. So on Friday night I parked in (security guard) Levi's spot-on Saturday night I parked right under the canopy at front door. I was not the only guest concerned with this 'parking arrangement' I don't understand why you would let NON hotel people occupy your entire parking only to alienate your CUSTOMERS parking? TAKE DOWN PLATE NUMBERS-- and actually tow those vehicles who should not be there--WHY DOES YOUR SIGN INDICATE YOU WILL TOW? WHEN YOU ACTUALLY TELL ME YOU CAN'T BC YOU DON'T TAKE PLATE NUMBERS OF GUESTS. WHY IS IMPORTANT TO SAFEGUARD VEHICLES OF DRUNKS AND NOT THOSE VEHICLES OF PAYING GUESTS??? I DO plan to visit KC again soon....but if the parking policy does not change, I will NOT be staying at the AC Marriott again. thank you....btw- LEVI and PHIL deserve special consideration b/c they kept my car safe overnight, despite the lousy parking policy....THANK YOU LEVI and PHIL! PS, I was in room 318 8/5-8/6 2016.

The room was great! the hotel was great- very updated, classy. Best staff were overnight shift: Levi and Phil. A also spoke to 'Fosha' on Saturday afternoon regarding parking...I felt that she had a fake name as well as fake 'concern'

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was amazing! Very nice, clean, great amenities such as free parking and free shuttle to area attractions. The staff was perfect, so friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver was the best!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great location, comfy fresh smelling bed, the rain shower spoiled me. Close walking distance to food and shopping, the shuttle took us to our destinations the staff is amazing

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was completely booked up but they were nice enough to give us a room away from a bachelor party and switched us to a king since our friend decided not to join. The staff was so friendly and seemed to really love being there

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

We were only there one night. I can't think of anything I was unhappy about.

The location was perfect, everything we did was a short walk away. The room was pleasant and the bed very comfortable. Also, Elizabeth, who checked us in, went out of her way to help us out.

Everything was wonderful!

The bartender, Michael was so knowledgeable about where to dine, what to see. The staff was kind and very helpful.

n/a

Melvin at the front desk was very helpful and cheerful. We also appreciated the shuttle to go to dinner.

View...

Decor...

Toilet issues at night and security gave me a plunger (??!!). Really???

Shower curtain was moldy and comforter had stain

STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY!BARTENDER WAS GREAT.

Shuttle service

Staff was wonderful. Shuttle driver great. No issues,will stay again.

Floors were disgusting and sticky, comforter was ripped.

Modern, updated

The breakfast was in a lower floor and has no warm food

Wooden floors, modern bathroom

Small room sink area was terrible sink would clogg up right away and no room to get ready with 2 people

Shower

Great location for night life and trying different places out

An additional parking pass would have been nice for the person that met me there as parking in that area is terrible.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

More comfortable chair in the room. Bed was a little too firm.

Shower was excellent. Not too fond of the toilet seat.

The room, especially the bathroom, is quite small. Bathroom offers very little privacy.

Trendy neighborhood

No Microwave

For the price breakfast should be included.

Very clean and modern. I love the design of this hotel. The free area shuttle is amazing and made this such a great value!!

Prom weekend so loud kiddos running around

Very friendly! Front desk had cab information memorized and directed me to amazing restaurants

The bed was a little too hard.

I enjoyed the location and the staff was very friendly. Additionally they had a free shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The cleaning lady wasn't nice, the room seemed bigger in photos than in real life.

The modern rooms

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Breakfast. Just go to the corner cafe.

Outstanding hotel for a chief's game weekend. Great location.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Room was clean and minimalistic which is ideal. It was nice to not have carpet for cleanliness reasons. Bathroom and shower were great!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Bathroom not real. Lean and bed hard

Location and staff were great

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room is not sound- proofing.

The room is extremely clean. All the staffs are helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Thank you Marlon!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Ummm...nothing

This hotel is great! Clean and modern, will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

LOCATION--LOCATION: Westport at your feet and free/easy parking.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Price of breakfast

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

AC kept resetting itself to very warm or very cold. Could hear tv and people talking next door.

Room staff location

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The rooms were spacious and lovely. The shower was AMAZING!!!

Loved the location! Easy walk to all the area shops, restaurants and pubs.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be close to everything and a short walk to the night life!!!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Breakfast was terrible

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needed more coffee packs in our room.

Fantastic location and free parking. Free shuttle to Sprint Center!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

For the price there should have been a breakfast included

Clean modern

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Facility was overpriced I spent $ $326 the rule is bunnies the sink did not function properly aesthetic elite looked appealing major maintenance needs to be done

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The new renovated hotel is vastly inferior to the quaint comfortable original. The comely brick has been replaced by a grim metallic facing. Overpriced breakfast (the old hotel breakfast was free) was skimpy, lacking the hotcakes and customer designed omelettes of the original; slippery shower stalls--- very dangerous!; almost no storage in the room (only one small drawer); no soap or lotion provided; the new room with no carpet looked barren and bleak; the room was greatly overpriced. Never again. There weren't very many customers, and some of them echoed my complaints. I don't think this place can survive.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

Overall stay was exceptional! The staff was super friendly. Room was great! Definitely, worth the cost. Will be back next time we want to have a night out on the town.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Wasn't crazy about the bathroom sink being in the same area as the bedroom. Makes the room feel bigger but it's an awkward arrangement.

Great location in Westport. Close to everything. Free parking is great.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

One of the shuttle drivers had a hard time understanding English and took us to the wrong destination, so I had to use Google Maps to get us to the correct place. Sink clogged easily.

The staff was great! We enjoyed the fact that we could use the hotel shuttle to take us to and from different places around the hotel. Very modern and clean.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Not a huge deal but there was a repairman in our room when we got there. Door opened and he blocked us from coming in. Quickly finished whatever he was doing and apologized. I was a bit flustered and didn't get a straight answer as to what he had "fixed."

Location is perfect as we like walking to dinner and World Market across the street! Room was cool design. Stayed here before as Q so this was first time since update. Front desk sent us to Beer Kitchen since Thai Place was closed (arrived at hotel at 8:45 pm) and it was very good.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Comfy bed, very clean and modern, had all the amenities, shuttle driver picked me up and dropped me off on a few occasions, SO nice, staff very friendly and helpful, excellent location, only one window but not a big deal. Great large flat screen tv. All good!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Prices are a little high, although I realize that you incurred considerable expense with your recent extensive remodeling. Also, when the room is booked, it needs to be crystal clear about whether breakfast is included in the cost of the room.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Came home with bed bugs, very surprised. The toilet seat was uncomfortable for a man to sit on. It is squared off and small. Noisy crowd at night drinking and returning to rooms. Woke us up.

The beds were comfortable. The location was good because we could walk to restaurants and drive to museums easily.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

We had to move rooms right when we got there since our toilet didn't flush. The breakfast was not our style... We expected fluffy eggs and maybe some biscuits and gravy after our long night out on the town... We paid extra for the room so we could have breakfast included. Mistake. Waste of money. The breakfast was some non traditional nonsense. Thank god there was cereal and yogurt. But worth the extra $30.00..? No way! Go to iHop.

Loved the modern warm feel. Floating bed! And comfy! Mini fridge in the room was a plus. Bar area was nice and bar tender was friendly. Had a drink while we waited on our cab. Nice place! Even had a game on for my husband to watch while we waited.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

The ''modern' theme made this place very uncomfortable and not practical at all. rooms are extremely small in size, you cant even stretch your legs. The 'modern' restroom's glass door did not close fully (designed that way), and it was weird to have it partially opened while you did your business. The 'modern' square sink did not drain properly. The wooden floors were not clean and you could feel your feet collecting dust. The desk attached to the wall is more of a shelf.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

Bar service was poor. Shuttle was stopped at ten. Last time we attended an event, shuttle took and pick us up. We had to take a cab back.

We loved the room. Especially the mattress. Best sleep we've had. The last time We were here, it was the Q. Really like the updates We will be staying there from now on, while in KC. MO.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

No privacy in the bathroom and because of that will not use this hotel again. For the price the room was very small and didn't include breakfast.

Bed was comfortable and the room was very clean

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

Poor lighting, bathroom door was a bit awkward opening outward and in the way of someone at the sink area.

Very clean and modern hotel, fun to stay in once.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2015

We were in town during their grand opening. Executives from the hotel chain were there, one was quite rude to us. They all appeared to be oblivious to the actual paying customers, they prioritized backslapping & self congratulation above customer service.

Clean& comfortable.

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse AC Hotel Kansas City Westport traveller photo gallery