Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Danbury 2 stars

78 Federal Road, Danbury, CT 06810, USA

#12 of 15 hotels in Danbury

Pleasant staff, breakfast waffles were very good.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Iron missing, wall sconce missing light cover, burn holes on mirror, cleaning products had odd smell, broken luggage rack

Pleasant staff, breakfast waffles were very good.

Comfortable stay at a reasonable price
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Breakfast was anemic. We ran out of juice. We only had oranges for fruit. We understand that it was not meant to be a high-end breakfast with lots of options, but it could have had a few more options and then a bit more healthier.

Property has clearly been recently renovated. We appreciated the surface re-do and clean and comfortable bedding. We needed to stay in the area at the last minute, and we're relieved to find that we could get a room through booking.com and book ahead to make sure that it was there. The property manager was friendly and efficient, too.

Awwwfullllll

See above

The toilet was broken the first night. We informed staff the next morning. We were assured the toilet would be fixed. However, the next morning same problem. It took hours to fill back of toilet to be able to flush the toilet for 5 family members 4 adults one toddler. It was unacceptable, uncleanliness, and time consuming. We should not have to fill toilets while on a cancer respite for my son. We rented 2 rooms. Good money was spent to fill toilet to be able to flush. Very unhappy. Staff did nothing and when we returned to our rooms the key locks were changed and we had to go back downstairs after a long day to get into our room with our belongings which we had already paid for!!! Terrible experience.

Clean, near the pool, liked the sofa for my son, saw...
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

No towel racks, pool is not heated, pool needs painting, drink machine was empty

Clean, near the pool, liked the sofa for my son, saw groundhog out in yard with baby too.

I would not stay here again. Have stayed in many choice hotels before.

Toilet would not flush. Front desk gave me a plunger to unclog it which I was able to do. Room had odor and when I asked for spray, front desk gave me a can of spray that I was able to use but asked me to return it after I sprayed. Would have preferred keeping the van since the odor lingered all night.

Location was great. Breakfast good

Served purpose, but could have been better served elsewhere
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't appreciate being called at 11 pm and asked if I could get by without housekeeping the next day. It was never made clear if this is a 'green' policy of the hotel's or if they're short-staffed, but someone should have looked at the clock before calling guest rooms. Breakfast was mostly variations on white flour, although to their credit there were eggs and sausage patties available most days. Alas, the eggs were rubbery, sitting in water, and frequently had gone cold. The sausage patties were greasy to the point of being inedible. There are not enough towels in the bathroom and extras have to be requested. The drawback to the fitness room was a lack of water and no A/C. It was quite stuffy and hot in there. Amazingly, they do not have either NECN or NESN on their cable package, which should be basic for every hotel in New England.. No Red Sox, no weather. Pitiful.

The wifi was fast. There were a fridge and microwave in the room, which helped, and the heat/AC unit was new. The grounds are well-kept. Fitness centre has a 3-station combo gym, plus a treadmill, recumbent bike, and stair climber, all in very good condition.

Very pleasant. Good place to recharge your batteries.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no where to walk. Nothing nearby. Access off the highway is difficult if you're coming from the wrong direction.

Bright. Clean. Spacious. Room well set up. Had a laundry. Good breakfast. There was a small problem which was quickly fixed.

Satisfactory rest stop for an overnight
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Breakfast was disappointing. Juice dispenser didn't work, milk didn't taste right. Eggs average.

Likes all the electrical outlets available and handicap handrails in bathroom.

It is suppose to be nonsmoking but our room smelled very...
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

It is suppose to be nonsmoking but our room smelled very heavily of cigarette smoke. When we questioned the front desk about it we were told we must be wrong because smoking was not allowed.

My daughter, my 2 grandchildren and myself stayed 1 night to attend an Eightieth birthday party.

I am totally disappointed in Quality Inn and Suites. I understood that there could be a pre-auth hold on my account, to check if the card was stolen, for the amount of the room. This did not happen. When i checked out nothing was said about a hold on my account for $200 in case of vandalism or theft and that it would be removed in 3-5 bussiness days. This was also never stated through booking.com when i pre registered for the room. I now have a hold on my account which is preventing other bills from being paid and will cost me money in fees and no end of trouble!! I am going to put in a poor review to booking com and on face book. I will never book another room with quality inn and suites and steer anyone i can from doing so.This property was in Danbury CT.

The sausage was excellent - the scrambled eggs brought back...
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

we were surprised by the charges on our credit card when we arrived home we made a reservation (a month before our stay) for Saturday night the cost was around $80 - my wife called and changed the reservation for two nights (Friday and Saturday) - we checked out on Sunday - when we checked to credit card on line my wife noticed that we were charged over $100 dollars for Friday night - it seems to me that the price should have been the same for both nights - at least we should have been told of the increase and why.- surprises are not a good thing when it comes to overcharges!

The sausage was excellent - the scrambled eggs brought back memories of my navy days when the cook shifted to powdered eggs after a month at sea.

Vaulted ceiling nice touch!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Vaulted ceiling in room, seemed huge, comfortable beds and feather pillows, good location off highway while on the road, great reception when checking in and out

Nice comfy hotel

Good location as it is close to alot of things but right on the main road so we did here some traffic noise im the room.

It was very clean and comfortable

For just me and no family, it was fine.

see above

The bed and pillows were SO squishy and comfortable. The staff was friendly for the little I interacted with them. It's off the beaten path so to say; I never came down for breakfast so I can't comment; the room was clean enough for me ( the bathroom was clean but the grout needs to be hit with come pink mold cleaner). Towels were fresh and fine enough. But the tub was very clean; but no one came in to make the room on a daily basis-- pool was fine. It served my purpose of an inexpensive place to stay for a short trip.

It was pleasant without any major issues.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

The lighting in the room could have been better. There were plenty of lamps, but having one big light could have been useful.

I loved the extra space, the updated television, free breakfast, indoor pool. The staff was helpful and friendly.

outstanding for the $ i will be back!!!!!
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

staff very friendly room was great breakfast much better than others at the same price point and the indoor heated pool was icing on the cake thanks

NOT good!
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

1.) too expensive for what you don't get. 2.) basement room. 3.) toilet backed up 2 x and 2 other rooms on the floor were also effected. 4.) had to wait 3 hrs before someone would come and fix the backed-up problem. 5.) 3-days they didn't change the sheets 6.) over cooked eggs ... dried out... horrible! 7.) limited TV stations ... programs. ...watched Bloomberg the entire 3 days+nights. 8.) location: out-of-way, not anything around ... in walking-distance. i will...would not stay here again. no.

...nice staff! professional.

I will definitely return on my next Danbury visit.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Great service and the hotel hosts/owners were super friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with them. Welcoming feel - and the fitness room was a plus.

6.0
    Rooms were clean and comfortable, but the hotel is in need of repair and renovations
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This side entrance to the building was not locked the entire stay. In addition to this, the housekeeping staff left my hotel room door open while I was out for the day. Did not feel safe.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The stay was just ok

The hallway smelled. The ice machine was not working. The laundry was out of order. These are items that should be posted ahead of time so that your guests can make other arrangements.

The room was nice and clean

the food was very tasty but by 830 the food was gone even...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the food was very tasty but by 830 the food was gone even though they said till 9 they will have food they need to plan for more food cause if it is good people take more than they should so plan ahead. .make sure there juice all day cause kids love juices not just coffee. meaning free . the room was spotless . the pool was so nice. will come again to use the pool.

Not Happy!!!
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The place was filthy, the staff was unfriendly and overworked. The smoke alarm in our room was hanging with wires exposed. In the middle of the night water came pouring into our bathtub from the room above us. There was duck tape taping a piece of the stairs back together. Not happy!!!!

Smoke detector was broken - we had to get a battery from...

Smoke detector was broken - we had to get a battery from front desk - even then, it keep beeping. It must have beeped all day while we were out but no one fixed it.

It was clean,beds comfortable, staff very pleasant.
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The ice machine was broken only one in whole place. Needed to fill up the soda and water machine. Need to have water machine. Coffee at nite only warm. It's a shame that the property next door although. Scant is not kept tidy. Detracts from the Quality Inn.

It was clean,beds comfortable, staff very pleasant.

Absolutely disgusting!!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in had the most horrible smell. When Iasked for another room the staff member could not offer me a resolution as they were fully booked. He came up to the room admitting the smell was awful and offered me a can of room spray. He also opened a window. The smell was of stale urine mixed with maybe a deodorizer. We would have just left except every hotel in the area was completely booked. We got up the next morning and left as soon as we could. At checkout I was asked if the smell improved. Never a discount or free night was offered. I'm so disgusted!!!! Nobody should stay at this hotel!!!!! They are stealing your money!!!!

Location was fine

Not what expected, had to do some dusting because of allergies

The room ok. Furniture old in need of upgrade. No hair dryer. TV was in and out due to bad cable connection. We had made arrangements ahead of time for a room with a couch in it at no extra charge, was not what they wanted to give us, but did and upon check out our pre paid bill had another almost $19.00 charge on it. It is listed as taxes but we were under the impression that what we pre paid was the final amount.

The beds were comfortable and the linens were nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Not worth the money
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

It was not easy to fine off I-84 East, the outside appearance was very "off putting". I thought I had made an awful mistake. For the money it was nothing like I have booked with other servers.The room was only worth $70.00 including tax. The breakfast was awful and the location was very small and in the lobby. The food was not appetizing. Sorry

Unfortunately for the money nothing

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

good value but not easy to get to downtown Danbury from Federal Road.

Pool hours - 10 AM to 10 PM - with place to go when you get up! Fitness room had 2 our of 5 machines that did not work.

Breakfast was not impressive at all. It could use m ore choices, plain yoghurt, more fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc. Oops - put that in the wrong place

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Basic

Room was cold; ran the heater on its highest setting for the 9 hours we were there. Temp was maybe 63F. Window was cracked, on ground floor no security bar for window.

Location was close to the highway. Room was clean. Breakfast was the usual continental stuff , plus fresh waffles, sausage and eggs.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Stay away

Building was in disrepair. Stairs were falling apart. Refrigerator was disgusting inside. Staff was never at desk. Heat didn't work. I could go on forever

The bed was very comfortable and the location was great!
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

The whole floor was under renovation which was not mentioned before booking. I honestly wouldn't leave the room without my boyfriend it was that creepy.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was great!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

We must have been the first people to occupy this newly...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Because of current renovations the door frame and jamb to 303 were very rough and bent. I actually did not feel safe. The door would lock but it looked as if it could be kicked in by a toddler. The hallway was NOT air-conditioned and clearly being remodeled at the time. It was old and smelled stale. I'm certain this will become a non-issue very soon, if the remodel continues as the rooms have been.

We must have been the first people to occupy this newly remodeled room. It was SUPER clean and new. Remodeled decor is modern: grass-cloth embossed wallpapers, pleasing tones of charcoal, steel blue and wheat. The new wall-mount air-conditioner unit was whisper quiet and speedily cooled the room to a consistent level. The Bed (room 303) and pillows and comforter WERE AS COMFORTABLE AS A European 5-star hotel I stayed in last time I traveled. BEST BED IVE SLEPT IN a long time. Better than my bed at home! Heavy curtains meet completely in the center with no light leaking thru. Bed positioned out of view of the door so no light coming into view from the hallway. Bathroom, on the small side but impeccable. Extremely bright LED mirror lighting made makeup application easy. towels were soft, not too thick. New floor tiles were matte-finish, not slippery. Breakfast was adequate serve yourself style, hot eggs and sausage were fresh, very clean service area, and available by 6am.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Stay Away From This Place
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

The first night we were there the fire alarm was pulled at 2:50 or so in the morning. This went on for a good hour. No compensation of ANY KIND!!!!!! The bed was not level it slopped down towards the head. The room had a horrible cigarette smell to it for a non smoking room. Very loud all nights that we were there. Lighting from the parking lot lit up our room were lights weren't even needed. Pool entrance was nasty and I mean nasty!!!

Price

Too far from highway

Price

nice quite
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

pool was to much chlorine

nice clean quite

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Room was musty and the air conditioner was not working properly

Property was clean, nothing like the pictures I saw.
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Property was clean, nothing like the pictures I saw. It’s a modest hotel.

Great place for value and convenience! Wonderful staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was wonderful. Incuded outdoor grassy area with chairs and lounges though pool was indoir.

not a great place for family
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

the hotel is old and smells really bad, carpets are dirty.

Nothing really, just a hotel for overnight stay. Free wifi is ok

It was awesome.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was not warm. No tv guide, like channel guide.

The waffles were like fluffy clouds you can eat. Super clean. Pool was awesome.

Pleasantly surprised
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Recently renovated and very clean. Rooms were a good size with microwave and refrigerator. Excellent value.

good stay
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

could hear people talking through the walls

Great breakfast selection.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dog barking in room 2nd floor. Pita.

Great breakfast selection. Coutiius staff.

The fruit for breakfast didn't look good

The fruit for breakfast didn't look good

Pictures of pool inaccurate
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Close to where I was going

Area small for a large group of people. Did not eat

A good night's rest

No problems.

Clean, convenient, comfortable

Excellent Amenities with good hospitality.

Excellent Amenities with good hospitality. Staffs are too friendly and made us to stay comfortable .

Friendly and convenient to Frank Pepe pizza.

All ok

Friendly and convenient to Frank Pepe pizza.

Serve red our goal
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Stayed there a few years ago. Property looks tired

Won't be back
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facility wasn't especially clean.. Breakfast barely passable

Bed was very comfy

Bed was very comfy

Staff were very helpful and organized in the face of a snow...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Couch was very small. Floor lamp bulb socket needs fixing

Staff were very helpful and organized in the face of a snow weather event.

Did not allow for the quote on Booking.com or take our CARP discount, will not stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

The cleaning chemical odour.

The breakfast was adequate. The room was clean.

Good yet expensive

Too expensive

Comfyness

The room was large ,clean ,comfortable ,it looks like it was...

The room was large ,clean ,comfortable ,it looks like it was recently remodeled

Forced air heater

Forced air heater

Superrrr
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I really like it I will go again

Good
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Do to a system error my second room was not available

I like the 10% discount at Applebee's.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

I like the 10% discount at Applebee's. Thanks!

Very clean room, very friendly staff, good value
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Pool heater wasn’t functioning, but said they were fixing it the next day, which was good.

Very clean room, very friendly staff, good value

Continental breakfast very good

Ummm? Nothing

Continental breakfast very good

Better breakfast.

Better breakfast. Cereal seemed old

Staff was super, manager went out of her way showing us...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was super, manager went out of her way showing us rooms before we settled on one.

Was ok
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We used the pool, could have been cleaner

overpriced for what you get.
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

carpets in elevators and hall ways were dirty..Breakfast was subpar at best.

room was large and comfortable.

Smelled like a sewage plant very very discussed with it.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

Smelled like a sewage plant very very discussed with it.

All in all it was a good stay

Not much breakfast offered

Breakfast needs more options

The rooms were amazingly clean and it's really really...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms were amazingly clean and it's really really large it was an excellent property very comfortable and very very nice

Noise

Noise

Everything was fine

Everything was fine

Enjoyable and relaxing

Lobby area could be a bit bigger, but it was clean and professional looking which is the most important thing.

Good breakfast. Modern looking inside

Everything else it was good I like all about it
    • Queen Suite With Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

I did not get to walk around there with my son cause there's wasn't walk side

I like everything from there

The side door wasn't secured at night.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

The side door wasn't secured at night. Meaning locked. Woke up to ants on the bathroom floor.

Old needs renovation

It was clean, I slept like a baby. Breakfast was good. I think the price was just right.
    • Queen Room - Non Smoking

The bed and Pillows were fabulous!