Reviews of Quality Inn Central 2 stars

1632 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205, USA

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Definitely wouldn't stay here again, nor recommend it.

Most of the ceiling was discolored suggesting a flood from the room above. The rooms and general appearance of the hotel was faded and not particularly inviting. Could hear noises from nearby rooms very easily. Hallway carpet and walls were dirty.

Good parking, beds comfortable, and all amenities available. Bathroom clean. Easy checkin.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great Location, Great Value, Knowledgeable Associates !!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that we couldn't stay longer. It's nice to see that someone changed the shower heads since we visited.

David went out of his way to help us because I booked the wrong date. Please let him know that after I was driving 10 hours in the car they I appreciated his knowledge and kindness. It's a real pleasure to meet someone who does uis job so effectively. David is an asset to your company. Please forward this information to Sandra and put a copy in his file. Thank you, Sincerely, Margaret S. Roach 10/15/18

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nice breakfast.

Bathrooms. First room, tub faucet leaked all night and no hot water in sink. Switched to another room and bathroom door wouldn’t close

Nice breakfast. 24 complementary coffee/tea

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great place to stay; very clean, friendly staff & great breakfast. Would definetly stay again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very surprised with the breakfast. I was able to eat early, 6am before having to leave. Many great choices, definitely a A+ in my opinion! Staff were very friendly and hotel was very clean!

We were on the second floor, room 250.

We were on the second floor, room 250. They were doing renovations starting with the room right next to us and the room right across from us. Why they choose to put us there I don't know even one of the workers said it. Then there was one worker who was outside looked intoxicated I know it because he had a glass with either beer or alcohol in it and he was being very obnoxious saying words I don't want to say telling my son to go f himself for what reasons I don't know and we had to walk away before something serious happened to him I was pissed for a while and then Shrugged it off and hope we never saw him the rest of us a stay. And we didn't thank God

For a two star hotel it was pretty decent for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When i checked in, the old man was very unpleasant, he could barely stay awake and was pretty darn rude. He should not be working there, He was the only rude person i saw there, the rest were nice. But i was surprised to see some of the employee's listening to headphones at the front desk.

I loved the overall location of the area, very easy to get right on interstate 87, and go to any destination, the pool and hot tub were nice and the room was pleasant, the bed is definitely firm. The coffee at breakfast was hot and delicious, the breakfast was okay, but filling. I would go back

The breakfast was very good.

I think there could have been more washcloths. I also think that it was a little bit too far away from UAlbany.

The breakfast was very good. Everything was available. The bed was comfortable and the staff was super friendly. Overall it was a good experience.

Review

The property was clean and very well kept. Staff very polite! This hotel provides a very nice free breakfast with lots of choices. Beds are very comfortable. Nice rooms with fridge and microwave. Great hot tub and pool! I would definitely stay again. Enjoy!

HORRIBLE!!!

Staff was terrible, asked to speak to the manager “Sandra” and wasn’t allowed to ... room smelt like Pee and very musty, there was mold on ceiling and sheets were damp. Went to call front desk and phone didn’t work. Walked down to front desk and he said he would call maintenance man. Got back to room and my wife was dealing with an over flowing toilet! Went back to front desk and was told there were no more rooms to move me to., and there was no maintenance person to call... (guess they lied earlier about calling him) was given a plunger for toilet a can of spray for for smell, and was told to use my cell to call hotel if I needed them since I had no phone, sorry about my luck on the sheets and then was given my bill with no sign of a discount even....oh and other guests near me were complaining as well!!

Leaving!!!!!!!

The waffles were very good, however the rest of the...

There were dead bugs in the room. The room also felt very stuffy.

The waffles were very good, however the rest of the breakfast felt like fast food. The internet was good and fast. The hotel is easily accessible.

Over all met our needs, and saved us from having to buy breakfast out

Stained carpet in the hallways. Pool needed to be cleaner

beds are comfortable and the location close to our points of interest NYS Museum and Empire Plaza for fireworks and Fun Plex. Close to the Colonie Mall (Christmas Tree Shop)

very relaxing and enjoyable stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

When we arrived, our reservation through booking.com did not apparently get "passed on" to the hotel... however, the manager, Sandy, was absolutely wonderful, and was able to accommodate our double room, double queen original reservation, at the price noted on booking.com. The staff was very pleasant. Facilities were clean. Good value.

A DUMP!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived at 7pm to dirty, stained sheets. And no one showed up to change them after calling the front desk. I then ended up stripping the top dirty layers off myself. Insult to injury, I awoke at 7am to the beeping of a smoke detector needing a battery change. literally, “The GRUMPY OLD MAN,” at the front desk said, “if it bothers you that much, you can take the battery out...if you want to!” He then states, “you’re Checking out today anyway.” It was 7 In MORNING! My check out wasn’t until 11am! No professional courtesy at all! Zero, basic customer service.

The manager fixing an otherwise terrible experience.

Pretty good place for the value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was just a little to hard for my liking. Others might like that, but I like a soft comfortable bed.

The staff was wonderful and the price was great! Compared to other places in the area, I would likely choose to stay here again. The hot tub was nice and they kept it open an extra hour for us.

good price but didn’t expect a great experience.

Room service trying to barge in twice hours before checkout to clean the room to get it ready for the next guest. Also my husband took a bath in the tub and the drain stopper stuck and wouldn’t release the water. In trying to move the lever to get the water out of the tub so I could shower it snapped off leaving a tub full of water.

The price

We stayed at this hotel because if the great location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I Know That Everyone is out to save money these days, but have one if these guys in a suit come to the hotel and take a shower.

The ladies who checked us in at the desk were excellent. I enjoyed speaking to them on many occasions.

Friendly family hotel located in an accessible area of town.

The pool was cold, but understandable as our stay was in the winter season. However the whirlpool made up for it !

Staff was very friendly ! The cleaning staff even found us in the parking lot before we departed as we left our son’s stuff animal and blanket In the room after we checked out. We were beyond grateful, I don’t know how a three hour car ride or nights following would have resulted without his favorite elephant and blanket. Staff was always smiling and greeted upon arrival into hotel and departure throughout our stay.

Good for a six hour nap and shower.

The room smelled like smoke and there were many broken fixtures in the room.

The beds are comfortable, the breakfast was good with many different options and the price is great.

Clean, quiet, comfortable, affordable, and awesome breakfast we would definitely come again.

Was in a non-smoking room but seemed our neighbors in the room above may have been smokers so twice smoke was smelled coming through the bathroom vent. Closing the bathroom door prevented the smell from entering the room.

Was clean, quiet, comfortable, and affordable. Our room was on the first floor near the car and lobby which was a plus. Although we didn’t take a swim the pool seemed to be fun and my family absolutely loved the breakfast.

Awful

We waited three hours for a room. Barely got a discount. Staff was unhelpful besides one lady who was kind but everything was out of her control. Booking.com never sent our paperwork through so it was as if we never had a reservation. Our rooms floor was very dirty and looked like it hadn’t been vacuumed in awhile. Not a place that I would ever recommend and I would never recommend somebody to go through booking.com

Great stay. Will be back again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

ALL the staff was friendly and helpful. Very neat. Great location. Love the pool and hot tub. Stayed last year, stayed this year and plan on staying there again every year we go to visit our friends. Nice breakfast and very comfortable and quiet rooms.

I had absolutely a wonderful stay while visiting
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like the location the hotel is in its next to a lot of fabolous places I dined at some good places located around the surrounding area in not to mention the staff were very friendly courteous and polite the morning breakfast you guys serve is great

Nothing more to say

Perhaps a larger dining area.

My husband, two girls and I had to travel downstate to attend a family funeral and your staff was most accommodating with our late arrival/check-in. We were able to relax that evening in the pool area and had a wonderful night's sleep on exceptionally comfortable beds. The breakfast was delicious and the staff generous with their time and very friendly. All in all, a welcome experience under our travel circumstances. I will definitely stay here again whatever the occasion.

Convenient & economical

many long strands of hair on bathroom floor. lousy coffee. so-so breakfast offerings. remote puny, maybe needs batteries.

Easy access off major highway. Quiet area. Beds and air handlers comfortable. Woman who managed free breakfast paid attention to us, kept area clean, and restocked quickly. Good water pressure, plenty of hot water.

If I could have left I would have but I prepaid.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that our room wasn't ready when we got there. I also didn't like the fact that the staff just walked right in on us when we first got there. And I also didn't like the fact that the staff did not respect the do not disturb sign on our door and went in anyways. If I didn't already prepay I would have went to a different hotel the first night.

It was close to the airport and the highway

Would not return
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room and hallway had a real musty/moldy smell. That made it unpleasant to be in the room and try to sleep. Not sure about the neighborhood. We walked over to a nearby restaurant and were hustled by two different men. The breakfast and breakfast room staff were indifferent.

The desk staff were very friendly.

Couldn't ask for more helpful staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room could really have done with better lighting, cleaning was not very thorough! Dust under the bed and behind bedside tables/wardrobe/desk. It all just needed a good freshen up!

Staff were very friendly. My robe went missing on day 1 and the manageress kept checking with people until it was eventually found 3days later. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet. Good breakfast.

Liked the free breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Phone not working. We asked for it to be fixed several times but no one came to our room to even check what's the problem.

Liked the free breakfast.

good price, clean,good location. but needs little more care about customer comfort. ( hot tub).
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hot tub which is a game changer when booking a room was not working right. we went to front desk ? NO help. next day we saw the manger who told us the hot tub was working right, with the excuse the jet where turn down! NOT a bubble to be had? I don't thing he has ever seen a real working hot tub. when tub is not working right is't not more then a Bathtub, and not filtering water to keep Clean. very disappointed. next time will use other hotel!! .with working tub. #2 Security door on our side never locked allways open?

Price, location.

The bed was comfortable.

The room smelled bad --smoky and unpleasant, though it was supposedly a non-smoking room. The eating area was tiny and the food was not restocked when needed. Won't go back there.

The bed was comfortable.

Two nights in Albany, NY

There was no one at the front desk when we first arrived to check in. The property is dated and there is no elevator, but we knew this going in. The carpets (in the halls and in the room) definitely didn't seem clean; the lobby was better. The sheets on one bed and on the bedspread of the other were stained - we chose to believe it was coffee but who knows? Some of the surfaces needed dusting. Parking was an issue. The rates were a little high but then again, that's to be expected in upstate New York during Saratoga racing season.

The room was plenty large enough for my husband and me and included two queen beds, a bathroom with shower/tub, a desk, wardrobe, lounge chair, three-drawer dresser, and surprisingly, a mini fridge and microwave. We didn't use either, but both were clean and in good condition. We found the room to be quiet, since the hotel is set back from Central Avenue. The beds were more comfy than we were expecting. This property includes an indoor pool and hot tub. One ice machine was out of order but the other worked fine. The air conditioning unit worked well. We spent two nights and would return to this location. The included breakfast buffet was a huge bonus. My husband loved the waffle maker so much that he bought one after our trip!

Yuck

Everything - again the musty smokey smell. We requested a non smoking room and even though the room was classified as such, it had to be a smoking room at some point. The halls and room were dimly lit.

Unfortuantely we couldn't get beyond the smoke and musty smell throughout the facility.

Smell Before You Stay

We waited ten minutes before we were checked in. Not because tgey were busy, buy because noone was behind the desk. We even called to see if someone would come out and answer. That didn't work either. Also, the room was clean but smelled like mold. I had to go out and buy some fabreeze to help. There was also hair in the bathroom sink. Too expensive for one night @ $124.00

Consequently located to shoppi g and restaurants

Good bang for your buck....just don't mind the rude housekeepers!!

Hot tub not working. Housekeeping started knocking on everyone's door before 10 am checkout is at 11 am and we were given a 12pm check out. Front desk apologized but housekeeping is very rude, fourth time I have stayed at the property and housekeeping always knocks on door way before check out trying to get you out...not the best way to start your morning. Clearly it's no accident since it's happened every time we have been there. Location is great though close to everything.

Good value for the money

was a bit disappointed in staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Staff, Batteries where low on smoke detector and it kept beeping. When we asked them to replace batteries the staff suggested that we just take the smoke detector down and remove the batteries our self to stop the noise. I had to remind him that 1.) I was traveling with children and it was unsafe 2.) Its against the law. Working smoke detectors are requirement to maintain operation. He was completed nasty and told me he was on shift by-him self and would get to it hen he had time. Although the issue was resolved that night, I was in complete shock how he wanted to handle it.

It was convenient and located right across the street from a store where i could purchase things needed for the room. IE, food, Drinks. Also was extremely pleased with the indoor pool.

Dissapointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

it doesn't have an elevator so we had to haul our luggage up to the 2nd floor which caused me to strain my back and now I am working on healing it. I am still in pain and unable to function properly on my day to day activities like simple things like bending over or picking up something from the floor or sitting for more than a few minutes. It's terrible! The bathroom toilet paper holder was broken, the air wasn't working properly, the remove was broken so we had to obtain a another one, there were messages on the phone but we were unable to obtain listen to them. Not the experience I expected for the price as I've paid less than that for La Quinta, Comfort Inn, Motel 8 and had a much better and cleaner experience.

While in a strip shopping kind of area there are quite few...

Too many little pink cheerleading competition participants. Really, is cheer a sport? I think NOT>

While in a strip shopping kind of area there are quite few interesting restaurants and shops nearby. More interesting than the hotels across from SUNY Albany or near Albany airport and no more distant from our point of departure, RPI, than any of the others.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

fridge and microwave

Need extra blanket in room shower head didn't work well, water sprayed all over the ceiling Remodel needed better oversight - paint in inside bathroom doorway at ceiling was smushed like door was closed on wet paint. The back splash had a sticker left on it presumably from the supplier.

fridge and microwave

It was our second time there and both times it was the same...

There was only one staff person on at a time. They do not view the cameras including the pool area where 15 year old kids were jumping in the pool splashing everyone. Not to mention the pool was very cold and when I walked in to the the pool room our second night there was a women in the pool with her two children and 2 other separate couples in the hot tub clearly having sex. (Seems hard to believe but that's what happened!)

It was our second time there and both times it was the same older lady who ran the complimentary Breakfast. Both times she was very nice, attentive and friendly. Some of the front desk workers are also and some are not.

Great option for a great price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was something on the floor near the hot tub that looked almost like throw up, and there were ants everywhere around it and all over it. They were coming up out of the floor. There weren't any issues the day before, so could have just been some kind of freak thing.

Clean room, comfortable bed. Excellent wifi and tv service. The breakfast bar had a lot of options, and the fresh waffle bar was a great treat. Super fun getting to make your own fresh, fluffy waffles.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Good price

The staff was rude and the facilities are outdated. We were rushed out we were packing up our car and hadn't even finished and the person to clean the room pushed right in.

The price

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Friendly & clean atmosphere
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast did not have any non pork meat items. It would have been nice to be able to eat turkey sausage or turkey bacon. Not everyone can eat pork meat. I would love to stay here again. However for breakfast I am not able to eat majority of the items offered.

Friendly & clean atmosphere

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

A great hotel, but they need to replace their front desk man!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The old man who checked us in, after a long travel, was the nastiest, rudest, man. i almost turned around and left! i would definitely go back again, because the hotel itself was worth it, but if he is there to check me in there will be nasty and rudeness back!!

The room was clean and neat, the breakfast was great. It was a great value.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

6.0
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very small, and the breakfast staff could not keep it stocked because of such a large crowd.

The bed was comfortable, and the staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was not the cleanest place. Hairs in the bathroom. Floor not clean. The refrigerator had water inside on the shelves and did not really work. Faucet was upside down in shower (hot/cold) on wrong sides. Room service tried to barge in, even when the do not disturb sign was on the door. This was just an older hotel room that has not been properly maintained.

The price was not bad.

Just ok...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff at check-in lacked enthusiasm.. not that they weren't friendly but weren't exactly welcoming either. Even though we had "do not disturb" sign on door, housekeeping still walked into room right after we finished getting dressed(I was walking into our bathroom when she walked into room)also, empty condom box was left in nightstand drawer...Exercise equipment was in need of updating

Rooms were clean, breakfast was decent for being included, rooms were well supplied

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good for a short stop while traveling

Carpet not very clean

Good choices for breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The staff was bit rude, the carpet was damp , flies in room

The laundry facility was broken and they were not sure when...

The laundry facility was broken and they were not sure when it would be fixed so we changed hotels

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Short. Overnight mid trip❗️

The property was behind a gas station ⁉️

Finally got peace cleanliness comfort

Quite comfortable nice layout

Fair deal for price and location, breakfast was good but not...

Hallways smelled so bad from people smoking marijuana in there rooms.

Fair deal for price and location, breakfast was good but not enough space

Alright

They kept anoying us when we were in the shower and even though we told them to the next room

The pool and spa was nice

Happy with stay

Out of yogurt

Very good breakfast menu

Very Nice Property
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Room was a bit humid even with air conditioning

Convenient to Albany, clean, well maintained

Price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dated. Somewhat depressing interior (rooms, halls). No elevator.

Price. Clean.

Free breakfast was amazing and way better than hotels we...

Bed was uncomfortable

Free breakfast was amazing and way better than hotels we stayed at that were double the price

Easy to find, great bed, people at front seals very friendly...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Easy to find, great bed, people at front seals very friendly and accommodating!

Room was nicely furnished.

Room was nicely furnished. Bathroom appeared brand New! Check-in was a breeeze.

Acceptable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hot tub not working. Equipment in fitness room not working properly

Staff friendly

We checked in at about 8:30 and our experience was excellent. Very professional and informative des
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is no elevator for second story rooms.

The breakfast was very nice - with good selection and supply of food.

Convenient
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

People in other rooms were quite loud & rowdy into the early hours. Strong smell if cigars even though it is a non smoking hotel

Travel nurse

The bacon was burnt😣😣

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good. Location was near the highway.

Nice pool

Long way from downtown

Nice pool Good hot breakfast

Good value for money
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Every thing was fine. The hotel was fully booked so in the breakfast was very crowded.

Comfortable room, big parking lot.

They didn’t have my reservation luckily I had made other...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

They didn’t have my reservation luckily I had made other plans. Even though I had a conformation number they said they didn’t have a room for me

Not pleasant due to a reservation problem
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

My reservation was not communicated through. I was lucky there was a cancelation and I could stay. But it was only for one night.

It was quiet.

Room, staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The breakfast plase is too small and very crowded. They can't the reservation thru booking.com.

Room, staff

perfect

all

very good breakfast

Jets in spa too high,and grit in bottom of spa.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Jets in spa too high,and grit in bottom of spa.But not enough to not be enjoyable

Everything is close

Na

Everything is close

Great for overnight stay!!

Parking was very busy but we made out

Staff was very friendly & accommodating

Enjoyed the hot tub

Enjoyed the hot tub

We will visit again.

It was a warm visit to this hotel. 5 starts

It was OK, could have been better

No free airport shuttle