Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown 2 stars

411 McKnight Avenue Northwest, Albuquerque, NM 87100, USA

#85 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very clean place with excellent staff...I will visit again and bring ear plugs now that I know.

Proximity to Interstate for traffic noise.

Pleasantly surprised by the staff and the property. Only drawback is the downtown location close to the interstate.

Not a good stay..Very noisy

Very noisy !!! Noise from rooms next door ( toilet flushing and shower at 11.30 pm) people walking about in the room above us!!! Did not sleep well...

Friendly staff.

Awesome customer service and great continental breakfast

The location is in a somewhat sketchy section. The hotel itself was perfectly safe and we didn’t have any problems walking short distances but there is a large homeless population using the two nearby parks.

Great customer service! Carlos at the front desk deserves a raise! The room we booked using booking.com was not the same room assigned to us. Carlos explained how often the booking sites use stock photos, but in good faith changed our room to match what we thought we booked. We appreciate his willingness to problem solve and he was professional and courteous.

Loved the suite, with chairs to sit in

Squeaky bathroom door, heard someone walking next floor up over or room several hours in the early morning hours. Needed fan to run all night, not an option.

Loved the suite, with chairs to sit in

I would definitely stay here again.

Recently renovated, the furniture, fixtures, decor - basically everything, is new, of high quality, and is quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly and courteous.

my stay was relaxing, totally enjoyable and having a nightman taking care of the paking

There isn't a single thing I can even think of

Everything was outstanding , I have stayed in so called high quality hotel that weren't half as clean as the hotel I just stayed in !! I was really surprised when i saw the nightwatchmen that was totally awesome!!

Great Free Breakfast

There was a bright light shining into my room. My room did not have a heavy curtain to eliminate this problem.

Hotel newly remolded ! Very nice and clean and quiet. The breakfast was amazing ! Great assortment of all breakfast foods including my favorite waffles

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

there was no stay

The Baymont Inn & Suites is closed, shut. On the 1st of march they closed their doors permanently. Did you not know this. We had to drive to Gallop to get accommodation. I think this is very poor on your behalf not to know the place has closed down and is all borded up

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Don't stay here

I didnt like anything, I mean nothing. I felt so uncomfortable. Never going back The picture on the internet didn't match the room, at all! There were still makeup hand prints on every thing. When I went to wipe them off, the towel was black from, I'm assuming not cleaning cause the foundation was a very light color. The lady at the front desk was so rude. As a precaution, I had my husband check the bed of bed bugs... luckily there was none that we seen anyway. My husband says even the breakfast in jail was better than what they served us. Bread smelled molded.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Good place to stay in Albuquerque.

The Staff was courteous and always ready to help. The room had a nice refrigerator and microwave. Really liked the pillows. And it was right next door to Wecks resturtant. Big plus.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Clean and friendly--but be prepared!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The facility is not good. We had a handicap unit and a handicapped person could never have gotten in and out of the bathtub shower. The stool in the shower was very low and did not adjust! The water ran hot and then frigid in the shower. Every time someone turned on water or flushed a toilet, the temperature went bonkers! The elevator reeked of putrid odors...old cigarette smoke!

The staff was friendly and very cooperative!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Location, Location, Location!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Location of the facility. Was not in a good part of town & did not feel particularly safe there.

Staff was friendly and our room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Great for the price, good location. Need to update air conditioning units
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Air conditioner did not seem to work. We kept it running all day and night and it just didn't seem to keep up with the heat or work properly. Pool was not functioning.

We all liked the location and the free breakfast was very good. Staff was also polite. Walking distance to a few breweries, bars, and restaurants and close to downtown. Also very affordable. Nothing fancy, but I'd stay there again. Wish we had a non-smoking room, but that was all that was available and the staff asked if that was okay prior to booking.

Balloon / golf and birthday get away!!

the location was an interesting roll through the neighborhood. but eventually found the entrance. no biggie once you found your way in once.

The staff was great! they responded to all our requests and were very helpful. Breakfast was simple but tasted good.

Skip this place

Hotel is located in a cummy part of the city. Lots of homeless people hanging out in the parking lot, etc. Hotel is outdated and run down feeling.

Not much

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Horrible!!!!!!😝
    • Deluxe King Suite

it was a horrible stay. we will never go back. the rooms were smelly. the lights didn't work and to top it off we found a cockroach. ugh!!!! I don't recommend anyone stay there. drunk people walking around property. 👎

it w a horrible!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great location but getting a little run down.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The free breakfast is the same tired old thing. Microwaved sausage, waffles, faux bagels.

The location is excellent. I somehow got booked in a smoking room but with the help of Booking.com I got moved.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good deal, but hesitation.

If I hadn't been with my wife and kids I wouldn't recommend them staying at hotel alone. Good hotel, clean and friendly. Borderline questionable neighborhood, had no confrontations with anyone outside the hotel.

Good facility and staff. Hot breakfast.

That I was indoors!
    • Deluxe King Suite

That I was indoors! Booked a suite and got a king for me,my husband, and child.manager,more like micro manager upon guests as well. Felt like I was in jail when I told the fd clerk that I paid for a suite and got a king and a pathetic small room!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Horrible time in the ghetto
    • Deluxe King Suite

The breakfast was awful. Not much to choose from. It didn't even taste good. Hotel staff was wrong when it came to my billing. They put a $50 hold just because we used booking.com. The hotel was in the worst possible area of town.im pretty sure we heard gun shots while we were there also. I will never stay there again!!

Great breakfast.

Outside appearance needs work

Great breakfast. Comfy beds. Newly remodeled

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Enjoyed our stay.

Maybe get larger coffee cups for the breakfast area.

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Great AC. Wonderful welcoming staff.

I loved that it was comfortable, and staff was friendly.

I loved that it was comfortable, and staff was friendly. Loved the clean large room.

Enjoyed the room / service!! Will be booking there in the future!

Enjoyed my stay and loved the bed.

Great staff, friendly and helpful.

Great staff, friendly and helpful. Good location, five minute drive into town.

As usual pleased

The comfort

Overall good experience

Property was very clean in very good condition!

Location not the best! Had to drive quite far to find decent eating places for supper!

Property was very clean in very good condition!

Nice place to sleep

Hotel

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Would not be a hotel I would recommend

Location was not good. Hotel seemed outdated and not very comfortable.

Awesome reception desk staff.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Deluxe King Suite

Hotel was outdated, but clean.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Good place for the night

The public areas seem a bit worn and could a face lift

Staff was friendly and helpful in giving directions

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

I had a great place to rest!
    • Deluxe King Suite

The sinks and toilets were very short

I loved the suite!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Location...wasn't the best, not much within walking distance

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Staff friendly and welcoming
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Fitness centre need help

Staff friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

I like this Hotel chain normally

one morning of my 3 days staying ( the "normal breakfast attendant had a day of) the coffee was cold, then the new brewed coffee was not pumping , because the other attendant was not caring what was happen in the Breakfast room , no yogurt, no bananas

I like this Hotel chain normally I have to say that the housekeeping ( all Latino Girls) have made my days better outstanding job all 3 day plus ELLA a new girl on the reception and breakfast attendant was very nice and made a excellent job

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

the rooms were comfortably large and the beds were very...

The location is downtown and there were many homeless and vagrants around the space. However, there was no incidence with our vehicle or space.

the rooms were comfortably large and the beds were very comfortable (not overly soft or firm). access to the interstates make it easy to get around. the value was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

1) Staff try, but just can do so much with high turn over...

1) People keep the carts in their rooms, so be ready to carry your stuff. See #8. They only have TWO ... the size of this hotel should have 4-6 of them. 2) The microwave did not work, and it was the old dial type. My last day it started to work so it must have been overheated by prior person. 3) no freezer part in fridge. 4) I had forgotten my keycard, and was not asked for proof like an ID or name, only room # and was given the key (this happened as I was checking out after carrying my 1st load to the car. 5) Their large part of parking lot, only 1/2 of the lights are turned on. 2 lights on each light post, but only 1 on. Hotel was packed, and was charging $60 so cost should have not been the reason, and it was the same 1/2 of lights that were off. 6) The handicap door on the larger parking lot side does not accept the keycard. This door is the closest to the elevator. Which is weird they call it the handicap door, due to all the handicap parking spots is all they have on the other side of the building next to wecks restaurant and those doors work, but handicap parking is all they have on that side. 7) Do NOT order "to go" at Wecks next door. I wanted fruit instead of hash browns, I got both and was charged extra for fruit. I had to remind I ordered coffee. No plastic ware in the bag. Food was very tasty. 8) They have you sign a common courtesy letter (no loud noises/etc) but lots of drunks, and kids all night long running around in the halls. I told the AM MGR to add to the Courtesy letter that if caught keeping the transport cart in the room, it is a $100 fine. She said that might be a good idea. 9) Due to old building do not plan to find a lot of open outlets, most are used by the rooms equip (TV, Lights/etc), I luckily carry a multi outlet chord when I travel. 10) Bathroom has only 2 outlets, and one the hairdryer uses. The hair dryer falls out of it clip every time the outside room door closed.

1) Staff try, but just can do so much with high turn over rate, very run down building. They were very courteous, and professional. Each problem I brought to them, I can tell they wanted to help, but just did not have the resources. Owners/Mgmt must be just filling pockets with a full hotel at $60+ per room per the sign. 2) next to Wecks, which appears to be a busy place. Sadly, it is under the didn't like also 3) I did not use the Wi-Fi due to it is open to everyone that is staying there. But my T-Mobile gave me 2mps down, and 13mps upload on the 4th floor. 4) Bed was comfy. 5) A/C Heater worked fine. 6) right off the I-40, if going east bound it is THREE right turns to get there, if west bound it is one left, then one right. 7) 3 miles away from a Whole Foods, where I got hot dinner due to the microwave in room did not work. 8) During the day, I was impressed with those who stayed there ... they greeted each other pleasantly, talkative, lots of Smiles (I have stayed in 4/5 star and people that stay in them are not courteous to each other this way). Now they do like to party, and have fun with their kids (see #8 on Didn't like ... just should have the kids in bed before midnight). I do title this "not sure of safety here" ... it is not those who stay here ... BUTdue it is a very DARK PARKING LOT, and lots of Police/Fire Truck sirens each night. The Safety factor would go up, it the Hotel would use ALL of its Parking lights, maybe add a couple more, and fix the handicap door. 9) plenty of hot water / shower.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

The staff was kind enough to tell me not to walk a block...

The entire floor reeked of stale cigarette smoke, all the carpets were FILTHY. I took off my shoes on the bed, walked to the bathroom & back to the bed & my feet were black. EW. The "view" from my room looked was awful. Not a blade of grass or ANY landscaping in sight. People running up & down the hallways, drinking all night. Smoke alarm started beeping at 3AM, never could get it to stop, so i gave up & left earlier then planned. I've stayed a few times at the Baymont location in Tulsa, OK & had MUCH higher expectations.

The staff was kind enough to tell me not to walk a block away to a nearby dog park after dark, as it was not safe to be out there. But offered no alternative for my dog. The rooms general cleanliness was good also.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

Tammie the receptionist was awesome and very friendly Made...

The pool was not open. The manager could smile a bit More.

Tammie the receptionist was awesome and very friendly Made us feel like Home. Rooms look good, Clean. The Old Town is Nice to see.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Not much to rave about here.

Where to start? Room was dirty with brown splashes of something on the roof next to huge cracks along the roof. Broken light switches. Shady people knocking on the door 3 am as well as early morning random phone calls. Not the greatest experience.

Not much to rave about here. I guess it had a nice central location.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Easy access off I40.

No mini fridge in the room. No lid on toilet seat (really?) Black mold on bath mat. Chipped paint in bathroom. Carpeted baseboard peeling away from wall.

Easy access off I40.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Nice, comfortable room.

Neighborhood had a lot of homeless guys roaming around. I got all the stuff out of my car in self-defense. Fortunately, everything was OK in the morning.

Nice, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The hotel was inexpensive, and easily accessible from the...

The location felt insecure, with warnings not to leave valuables in car. Room was not very clean, shower curtain was broken, grout was moldy, bed sheets had some stains on them, shower temperature control knob was loose so kept slipping to hotter temperature than was comfortable.

The hotel was inexpensive, and easily accessible from the expressway.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Website showed that there was a fridge and microwave in the...

Website showed that there was a fridge and microwave in the room I booked, but was told that only comes with certain rooms.Very misleading. Had food items that needed to be kept cold.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

wonderful location close to the intersection of I-25 and...

nothing I didn't like.

wonderful location close to the intersection of I-25 and I-40. Had a suite and all the amenities for a low price. In addition, provided a continental breakfast; cereal, eggs, sausages, waffles, fruit, etc, all included. This is the best bargain I have experienced in my travels.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Super great staff, (especially Tammy), very clean and fresh...

Location doesn't inspire confidence; no services of any kind within walking distance, ( for sure wouldn't walk around outside after dark...), parking lot too dark (too many lights out). Had to drive over a mile to find a restaurant. Need to have a GPS if trying to find exiting I-40 westbound.

Super great staff, (especially Tammy), very clean and fresh room, comfy king bed, good sized flat screen tv, instant hot water, easy access to I-40 westbound when leaving.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2015

Wanted to charge me the 6% tax which did not show on the...

Wanted to charge me the 6% tax which did not show on the total amount when I booked the room .. When they took my license to make a copy they did not give it back to me .. Was to review the video and call me and have not heard back from them .. Customer service was below average and would probably not go back there next year

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Fan in the bathroom worked

Very dirty floors keys would not work ,beds hard,not a good section of town and no way for us to know would not give military or senior discount

Fan in the bathroom worked

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Difficulty in check-in.

Difficulty in check-in. It took way too long with only one employee. Also,I had made a reservation for my sister and they wouldn't let her check in until I arrived. Many of the floors in the public spaces needed mopping.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Queen beds, luggage carts.

Creaky ceiling, sounded like herd of elephants above us. Bad smell from air conditioner. Not the best part of town. No refrigerator in room.

Queen beds, luggage carts.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

It was located right down the street from down town, very...

There was no mini fridge or microwave in the bedrooms, and there wasn't an exit that lead directly to the hotel.

It was located right down the street from down town, very good price, lots to do close to the hotel. Great breakfast, beds, and staff.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

This just to be a Quality Inn and is not as modern as most...

The location was very "if-iy" The bed was hard as a rock. You could hear the floors creaking everything you walked.

This just to be a Quality Inn and is not as modern as most Baymont Inns

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Price was better than other places I looked at.

The hotel seemed old. Carpets worn, furniture shabby. Bathroom wall paper peeling. The air conditioning was right next to the desk. Couldn't sit at the desk without freezing even though the rest of the room was comfortable.

Price was better than other places I looked at.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Breakfast was included in the price and was offered from...

Breakfast was included in the price and was offered from 05h00. Unfortunately we had to take the first airport shuttle at 05H00. So no breakfast. Because the staff starts preparation before 05H00 there were some smaller things but this was not a real substitute for a breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful in many ways.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

arrived to a urine smelly room.

arrived to a urine smelly room. staff said they would move us but since they were sold out they offered air freshener which was never brought to our room.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was decent

Twice now I've stayed here on major holidays and the pool was out of order? (Labor Day/Memorial Day). WIFI was very spotty.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was decent

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Friendly staff.

Dirty. Old facilities. Located in an industrial area. We saw a strange guy in the lobby (one of guests probably) out of his head moving like a zombie. Worst Baymont we've ever stopped at.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

The staff was very nice and helpful.

The pool/hot tub was out of service. The breakfast bar was over-run with too many people for the accommodations and the food was running out/cold and not much variety.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I felt safe there as a single female traveler.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

I forgot my coat there, they found it, are holding to it and...

I forgot my coat there, they found it, are holding to it and they are helping me to get it back... family present, so it's not just a "fashion" thing.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

This is an amazing property that looked good on the internet...

If it matters to you - this property is located in an industrial area, so there are no services within walking distance. However, it was central to all the things we wanted to do and since we had a car the location was not a negative in any way, but a positive.

This is an amazing property that looked good on the internet but in reality was even better. It offered all the amenities we hope for in a modestly priced hotel. The breakfast was extremely generous with lots of variety. The staff were absolutely outstanding - friendly, very helpful, and created a real 'family' feel to our entire stay. We are two mature females who often travel together and this was definitely one of our best hotel finds ever. If we visit Albuquerque again, we certainly know where we will stay!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

Room was large with plenty of room.

Constant noise from upstairs traffic. King size bed was comfortable, small pillows were not! Why can't you splurge for at least full size pillows? It is a shame a comfortable bed is degraded but small uncomfortable pillows.

Room was large with plenty of room.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2015

Though the hotel was right next to the Interstate, we heard...

The bed was a bit stiff, but at home we have a Sleep Number bed, so it is not fair to compare with our normal bed.

Though the hotel was right next to the Interstate, we heard no road noise; it was nice & quiet. The room was clean & pleasant, and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was ready prior to the 6am opening, and the scrambled eggs and link sausage were quite good. Waffle makers were also available as well as toast and jelly sweet rolls. Cereal and other breakfast foods along with coffee made for a wide variety of breakfast choices. Overall, a very pleasant stay at a very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

room was good, with bedding comfortable;

TV remote was not working correctly and person sent could not fix it

room was good, with bedding comfortable; breakfast very comparable to higher priced motels

• Reviewed: 15 February 2015

The location was great - right off I-40.

Wi-Fi was really slow during the evening, but in the morning it was finally full strength. They were a little slow at re-stocking the breakfast

The location was great - right off I-40. Easy access. Room was clean & comfortable. The breakfast was a little better than most - hot scrambled eggs & sausage along with the usual cold stuff

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

Everything was perfect.

The area nearby (not immediately surrounding the hotel, but a small stretch away) is a wee teensy bit sketch-a-riffic, but if you don't plan on going for a walk by yourself after dark, it's no problem whatsoever.

Everything was perfect. Just perfect. You cannot beat the value, and the staff in particular is beyond compare. For crying out loud, they brought me fresh-baked cookies five minutes after I got to my room. Beat that!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Neighborhood a little run down.

Neighborhood a little run down. Entrance was hard to get to.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

staff

a lot of crime in this area We did not see a single person on the streets in this city (except homeless).

staff good location great breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

I liked the beds and the breakfast

Wish had a inside pool for the kids to swim.

I liked the beds and the breakfast

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Smell, location

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

value for the money!

Not enough sound barrier between floors, sounded like a 300 lb individual walking around upstairs till 3 in the morning!

value for the money!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

ckecking out

ckecking out

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Conveniently located

Cleanliness, Security, staff she needed more staff to help her had a long line and waited a bit to check in

Conveniently located

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Value for price!

Poor sound barrier on above floor! Sounded like a 300lb person walking around at 1am!

Value for price!

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Breakfast was good

Beds hard, floors over top of our room creaked every time someone walked across room!

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Dirty, run down, noisy all night.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.