Reviews of Quality Inn and Suites Goodyear 2 stars

950 North Dysart Road, Goodyear, AZ 85338, USA

#8 of 9 hotels in Goodyear

Not to bad — no cleaning of my room
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was not cleaned when we were going all day returning at 9:30 pm we left at 5:00am so I didn’t call the office!! I’ll think of staying there again!!

The location was great to visit our uncle in a nursing home.

Someone should double check the housekeeping.

The towels were not clean they were ALL dirty and had stains on them. The bathtub was also dirty and the shampoo and conditioner were used already. There was some blood stains on the bed. It was totally gross!

The staff was very nice.

The room was filthy.

The room was filthy. The bed sheets were covered in hair and stained. Both beds. The room was supposed to be a non smoking. We all woke up in the night with sinus issues. There wasn't anything to like!

Dissatisfied, would not recommend.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival, which was 30 mins past check in time, our room was not ready, when we did get the room the beds were full of pet hair, the carpet was filthy, and one of the outlets didn't have a cover which was a safety hazard for a small child. The cleaning staff took forever to bring clean linens for the bed. We had a two nights stay, when they came to clean for the second night they left a note that they would owe us hand towels and never brought them. Never again. Dissatisfied since the pictures on the website looked nothing like the real thing.

Never again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were told we couldn't check in until 3 and we came at 3:30 and the rooms weren't ready. My mother in laws bed sheets were full of dog hair and the outlet didn't have a frame it was open where you could see the electrical wires. We called to have some extra towels and were told they didn't have any. It was a nightmare of an experience and the price was super high for the quality of the room..

Ugly!!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was supposed to be non-smoking, smelled like pot, the room was small and dirty. Just awful. Would never stay there or recommend to anyone.

The girl at the desk was very nice.. That was all!!

Never going back!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Smoking is not monitored and even though they have a non smoking side, there were people smoking in the non smoking area. Bed was terrible. Linens were old. Loud fan in the bathroom.

It was a room but the stay was not good
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole facility was worn tired and real dirty in places kind of s scary feel especially at night The place needs a good facelift

Room was fine a little worn but okay Staff was very good

Very disappointing and expensive!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For $300. a night I expect a MUCH nicer room. It was old mismatched, patched, air conditioning poor, noisy, toilet tank was nearly falling of the toilet, and a huge crack under the door a good size scorpion could have walked right in. For $300. a night!!! I'll think twice before I stay with Quality Inn again!!

Breakfast was good the first day, good selections.

What I had expected, with the added plus of a nice breakfast!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet exceeded expectations and the gals that ran it were the MOST ATTENTIVE employees I seen at such buffets in a long time! Kudos to them!!!

The place was really nice tv didn’t work and they fixed it right away
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Love the breakfast they offer you had choice between eggs sausage biscuits and gravy waffles it was nice not having just a continental breakfast.

difficult

doors, management

The keys and key entry never worked. Had to go down and get help four times. Doors are old and cant get them opened easily. Breakfast closed at 9:00 while the Red Lion is 10:00 daily. People were drinking and making noise in the parking lot at 12:30 am. Called the office and they never did anything about it because they were checking people in, they said. I went down and talked to them myself and later realized that was dangerous. Not acceptable. Don't leave one person alone at night. The dirt under the stairwells was dirty. Place needs painting badly. It looks trashy. Too expensive for what it was

Check-in desk personnel were especially friendly, welcoming us initially and then remembering us.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Doorway entries into rooms on the inside look a little rough. Specifically, the paint and woodwork around the doors need resanding, painting and possible replacement. This did not cause us any problem, just looked tacky.

The staff was excellent and took good care of our room and of us as we stayed at the facility. The grounds could use some updating upkeep, however, that did not adversely affect our stay.

Never coming back to this place again.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

First I booked with 2 queen beds and got a 1 queen bed suite. Thay made me pay extra just to have another bed. So i was fine with that coz we checked-in in the middle of the night. Next the card key wouldn’t work to open the room. You have to try several times to work. It wasnt a big deal so it was fine. Next, the AC was broken inside the room. No heater or air conditioning. Called front desk but maintenance is available next morning. We already settled down so we didn’t bother moving into another room which front desk didn’t really offer until I asked. Then, the fridge was not working at all and was smelling really bad. As if someone spilled vinegar inside. Everything else was fine.

Best location. It’s near highway 10 and close to different stores and restaurants. Room was very affordable.

Frustration with the situation...the lobby clerk was very pleasant, but extremely busy.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We travelled with a 3 year old and our room keys did not work. One person stayed with the luggage and the child while the other went to lobby. After waiting for 2 other guests to check in we were given new keys... new keys did not work. One person stayed with the child and luggage while the other went to the lobby. After waiting for 3 guests to check in, the clerk gave new keys and accompanied with master key. New keys did not work, nor did the master. After another wait we were given a different room...waiting for a room with a tired 3 year old for an hour was not enjoyable...unfortunately this was the clerks 2 night on the job. An offer of some kind of compensation sure would have been nice.

Room was clean and comfortable

understaffed,i pity poor girl on nights.Very poor

first night key would not open door,fixed within 10 mins,2nd night it took a total of 32mins to get into room.Then we found it was not made up so back to reception to get supplies,another 10 mins ! !.We requested a rate reduction because of problems,but no manager to do it.I have telephoned the manager twice since returning from trip but he is either not getting messages or ignoring us.Very very poor

smoking rooms

Nice breakfast.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice breakfast. We got a suite and had not requested it. Nice, but We did not have a lot of time to spend in it. We were there for only 9 hours. An overnight sleep stay. Would have been better if We had more time to spend there.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was spacious and...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The TP holder in the bathroom was in an awkward place to where I had to reach around the back of the door to get to it. The bathtub had seen better days and appeared to be scuffed up. There also was no remote control for the TV in the room. Someone from the front desk had to bring one up.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was spacious and clean.

Will refer inn to other family + friends.

The personal at front desk were just wonderful.The breakfast was great.They directed to dinner, where the food was just great. We will use this hotel again when in the area.

It served the purpose but we will not use Quality Inn again
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room 122 had a 3/4 in gap between the casing and the jam. The deadbolt and door latch just barely locked. Did not feel secure leaving our things in the room. Safe did not work. We were charged $200.00 more than what was quoted when we booked the room.

Close proximity to freeway

Nice, will be staying here again.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property could use a makeover in the rooms. We could see daylight under our door and around the side of the door. The refrigerator was very noisy, might consider upgrading them and the doors.

It was right off the freeway and had tons of stores and restaurants close by. Beds were comfortable. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze.

Will not stay thre again.

The room was not clean. There were no towels in the bathroom. I got in the shower and the front desk said they were on their way. I waited in the shower for about half hour after showering. I had a hand towel in my luggage and dried w/that. Maintenance showed up abut 20 minutes after.

The beds were comfortable

Everything was good except for the accommodations and special requests I made that I didn't get
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Booked 2 rooms w/2queen beds in each room. When I checked in, rm 1 had 2 queen beds rm 2 had 1 queen bed with a couch. Young woman attendant said couch turned into bed. We tried to get couch to turn into bed but it did not.To tired from driving long distance to repack my stuff n move again. I also asked for special request being adjoining rooms or close by and bottom floor due to disability. I got upper floors and the rooms I got were 206 & 265 both on top. Hotel took out the money from my bank aprox. 2 wks before I checked in and when asked about my special request n my 2 rooms with 2 queens beds in each, was told thats all they had. No apologies were given.If ur gonna take the money out 2 wks in advance, make sure I get what I requested especially the disability part since I paid in advance Otherwise, staff members were great.

Complimentary breakfast variety was good.Staff was helpful and polite.Rooms were clean. Room was good size with great location.

Enjoyed the stay and the surrounding
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Washerand dryers are too expensive to wash, I go somewhere else less expensive

Breakfast was excellent and fresh every morning. It was always kept clean

that it was right of the freeway
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the room had a really bad smell, the shower curtain was dirty the bed was uncomfortable . My husband tried turning on the heater for the baby and the alarm went off ugh never again ... overall I regret staying there..

that it was right of the freeway

Manager did give us a discount but it could have been more since we did everything ourselves.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I had to ask for someone to come throw the trash out and bring us towels and no one ever came. We made the bed ourselves, threw the trash out ourselves and we used the towels we brought for pool time to take a shower.

The location of the facility

Nfl game

Everything was broken. Vending machines, remote cobtrol, coffee machine, room sink, shower head

The groubds were very nice and the complimentary breakfast was a good selection

Disappointed
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi did not work, carpet in room was filthy, hotel and rooms need updated and the airconditer was right next to the bed and loud.

Value, location, staff

Would not stay there again. Reservation was messed up even tho I called the same day to confirm.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A/C going on and off about 50 times drink the night, very loud even in low. Couch was deplorable, dirty. TV remote fell apart when I picked it up.

I'd stay here again at the room rate given to us.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We were given the end unit closest to the freeway....... probably because they gave us a low price. However, the hotel was not even close to being full. Probably less than half based on the parking lot. So the staff could have located us on the other side in a quieter room. Sheets and towels were scatchy.... NOT soft. OK though because you get what you pay for and this room was a great price..

The rate we paid was excellent.

My second stay here. If I have to come back to Goodyear, this will be my first choice.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed comfy, loved the pillows! Even though facing the x-way, couldn't hear traffic. Black Bear Diner, across the parking lot, is a great place to eat!

About the same quality as Super 8 Motel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly/Smoking

I didn't like seeing a huge spider web on the top corner of our door. The air onditioner is set to not go any lower than 64°. When you first walk in it is well over 100°. It took a while for our room to cool down. When it finally did cool down it felt more around 73° not 64°.

The property was easy to find. I enjoyed having a bar onsite. The bar tender was on point with our drinks. Inexpensive with hotel coupons.

I would not stay here again if I was paid to!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The air condition was so loud that it made sleeping impossible. It sounded like a wind tunnel when running, and made a ticking noise when it was not. The room was NEVER SILENT I told the front desk, they said they would have someone check it out. I was told that is just how they sound. The volume on the TV had to be 5 x higher when the air was running. The shower was taped together in 2 different places. The coffee in the room, lobby and breakfast room were so bad that I went elsewhere to eat both days I stayed there. The bananas in the breakfast room were all spotted and way to ripe to be served.

The location was convenient to the airport.

Not happy at all
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My room was hot im charge twice for 1 night i was also charge $20 damage im grown i damage nothing n having trouble getting that 2nd charge back

Biscuits n gravy n lady was sweet

Simple, comfortable, convenient...and a bargain!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I dislike having to turn right out of the parking lot and driving so far up the street to make a U-turn. I am originally from this area and have always disliked how this street is laid out. I used to frequent the Black Bear Diner, and alway had this problem. It is nothing against the motel.

Older facility, but well maintained. Great view out of the window. Parking very convenient. Easy freeway exit and access. Nice selection for breakfast, although being on a restricted diet I was only able to eat the fruit. Nice ambiance to be able to sit outdoors and eat. If I had more time on this visit, the Black Bear Diner, which shares the parking lot, is a great place to eat.

Nice time at Las Cruses Sleep Inn.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lighting in the room was poor and it was hard to see to put on makeup at the mirrors. Rug was very stained. Fan made a lot of racket in the bathroom.

Breakfast was great, and the bed Was comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very convenient to parking lot. We liked the shower. Air conditioner was nice and quiet.

The pull over lock came right out of the wall.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pull over lock came right out of the wall. The bathroom had damage in the shower which looked as if they tried to put plaster over it. The couch looked like something out of the 70. The cushions barely fit correctly on it. The tv was mounted and fixed to the wall., so unless you were sitting directly in front of it there wasn't a good view and was very small.

Breakfast was ok, biscuits were hard, eggs were good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom scated me. The step in was very slippery coming out and there was nothing to grab a hold of, thought I was going to fall.

Breakfast was ok, biscuits were hard, eggs were good.

Not Impressed
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My room was at the back of the property which was pretty far from the front office so I was nervous parking and walking to my room. I was unable to use the air conditioner due to a horrible stench of mold that came from it when I turned it on. Breakfast was at a bare minimum so I just skipped it despite that had been a factor in choosing this hotel.

Despite the need for an update, housekeeping does a good job cleaning. There are plenty of fast food options in close proximity. They offer a 50% off drink discount in the on-site bar.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

This property was a very great location close to many...

Nothing it exceeded my expectations

This property was a very great location close to many restaurant and the freeway.... The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The rooms were fresh, clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great with many Items to choose from! I will definitely stay in this property again.... the price was great and if I could have I would have stayed longer!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

If you want to pay $200 for a $60 room stay here
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was stuffy, carpet was dirty, tub was dirty, lamp was busted,some light bulbs didnt work, check-in person was clueless, price was stacked due to spring training.

The bed and pillows were very comfy. The "free" breakfast was decent. Decent cocktail lounge.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

A great find! Close to Goodyear stadium!!

Brianna the girl at the front desk was excellent! We also had a slight problem with our shower and they took care of it much better than any other hotel we have stayed in! Handyman was very nice What a gem! Great place to stay during spring training. Bar and restaurant close!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Not what I was promised!!!

Booking.com did not get me the room I was promised! Did not get a solution in a couple days as booking.com had promised! Booking .com blamed the Hotel and Hotel blamed booking.com! So who looses? The customer!

Room was very clean!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Pool was too cold to use.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was too cold to use. Hot tub was great on four occasions, however, the heater was not working so it was not hot on our last day. They did turn it on, so it was probably fine for other people.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly/Smoking

We were placed in a smoking room. It was disgusting. When we asked to be moved they said we had booked through a third party (Bookings.com) and the hotel did not have any non-smoking rooms available. This is a very large facility and the parking lot was not by any means full. Both of us came away from this experience with sore throats. Once again I believe Quality Inn is an oxymoron. No quality here.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Not a bargain for what I got ...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Location on the freeway side (that's I-10) so the jake-braking big rigs were right there in the room with me. I guess I should have asked for the quiet side of the motel. The tub had a big messy repair. The toilet paper was out of reach. You couldn't get to the office without walking thru the rain. The desk staff was slow to respond even tho' I was standing right there ... and no one else was waiting.

TV worked. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

the beds are always great, the room heats and cools very...

an upgrade of the rooms are needed.

the beds are always great, the room heats and cools very well. the property is safe and the price is good. we always enjoy our stay.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Got taken
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I needed to cancel which got approved and they still took out the money. I can not reach the manager and keep getting the run around. I will never stay there in the future and don't believe I will use a third party in the future.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

It worked for what we needed.

Its apparent that the hotel is in need of remodeling as the bathtub was cracked, the faucet handle was installed incorrectly and the toilet wobbled. Found some hairs on our pillows when we first arrived.

Easy access to were we needed to go.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

A/c needs to be calibrated incorrect tempurture ,bottom...
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A/c needs to be calibrated incorrect tempurture ,bottom door hinge on bathroom door loose , fire seal around entry door needs to be replaced.(daylight all around )safety issue .stayed 2 nights fridge loud , came back stayed additional night in 147 toilette tank cracked ,have a pic. If u need it .iam a engineer at bellagio in las vegas ,not complaining just some things that should be addressed to further a better guest experience. I will be back in a few weeks and will be staying again do to location .thank you kevin

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great service from the desk person and the management
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact the Booking.com messed up the reservation, but the manager took care of us and got us into a nice room

The manager helped us on arranging a room for us do to Booking,com messing up our reservation

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Overly Powerful cigarette smell
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly/Smoking

The rooms smelled so horrid of cigarette smoke that I would have left if there were any other available hotels.

Proximity to the football stadium and downtown.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Dont miss the breakfast its yummy..

Special event prices were crazy but you have to expect that. And coffee maker was missing parts so had to go to lobby which was a distance and the cups were tiny but had lids.

The breakfast was great! Alot to choose from and food was good quality. The gravy was great.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

dont wast your money

the facility needs a lot of work doors had loose knobs and cracked door jam shower and tube were cracked and shower head was inoperative, no peep hole for safety, overall the facility was a bad experience.

breakfast maybe

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Do not stay
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet plugged, sink plugged, toilet paper sand paper, draws full of crap. The staff didn't care, left after 1st night. Manager didn't apologize either

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Over all it was plesent stay.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not so comfortable it felt like I was always falling to the center of it. The air-conditioner was quite noisy. After four days I guess you get use to the noise.

Staff very friendly, neat and clean grounds and room. Vending and ice machine real handy. And loved the coffee in the room, thanks that was great.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Almost Perfect. ALMOST
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom very duty & Plumming Problem with Smell ,nasty stains on Chair & White sheets , no jaguzzi 😲😭🙁

The location the Style the the price the employees ...😙😆😊

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Easy to get to and had the best handicap bathroom I have...

I would like to see the breakfast at all hotels extended to 10 am. It take me a long time to get going in am and by the time I

Easy to get to and had the best handicap bathroom I have found in a long time. Well set up and had the door opening the correct way I give them a 10 for doing it right

We changed rooms 3x And still had issues entering our rooms.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We changed rooms 3x And still had issues entering our rooms. We arrived around 130 and did t get to sleep till most 3 am

All in all good place to stay, loved that food places were close and easy access to the freeway.

Fitted sheet was dirty, found hair in bed.

Loved the breakfast area and front desk was prompt.

very nice hotel, lots of restaurant options close by
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't have a chance to use the pool.

Very comfortable and quiet.

Privacy was amazing.

Don't get me wrong the facility is nice. Although I wish everything was a bit closer

Privacy was amazing.

Otherwise it was a comfort stay overnight
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Direct tv problems, telephone had weak connections, security safe in bad location

Location to restaurant

I liked that it had a bar on location

Didn't really like the color of the building.

I liked that it had a bar on location

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool cold no pool towels

Was nice
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean room lots of parking

Great pool and hot tub

Great pool and hot tub

Pool was ice cold.

Pool was ice cold. Hot tub dirty. Trash laying on sidewalks, parking places & around pool area.

Very close to so many restaurants and stores.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

More well lit parking would be great. As well as the ice machine on the second floor to be working.

Very close to so many restaurants and stores.

Staff was great room was comfortable and clean very nice 😊

Staff was great room was comfortable and clean very nice 😊

Location and breakfast were good.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Was a little dark, door was not sealed well and hot tub was cold.

Location and breakfast were good.

Stay in Arizona
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle will not take you everywhere you need

Room to park big truck

Bed was ruff!
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

Bed was ruff!!!!! Couch was worn out. We stay here twice a year and love the staff and area.

Breakfast was excellent and bed comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was excellent and bed comfortable. Pets were more than welcome!

Needs renovation work.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs renovation work. Doors are kicked in, safes don’t work. Both rooms we were in were the same