Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach 3 stars

901 Aviation Boulevard, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254, USA

#6 of 7 hotels in Hermosa Beach

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

On check out on the other hand there was a lovely lady .

The check in was not good as w There was 7 of us and we were only given 1 room which could happen as mistakes happen , but there was no apology for it and also the gentlemen working that night was not helpful in any kind of way , any info we needed he did not know or told us to find out our selves .

On check out on the other hand there was a lovely lady . Who was also understanding of my dissatisfaction and was apologetic. That I call customer service :)

Great Place!

It was the 5th year in a row for me to stay at this hotel, I chose the same lace because since the first time I feel like at home, very nice and clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. The location its really good, I know now the area, there are lots of restaurants and very nice beach at 10 minutes walk from the Hotel. I strongly recomend

It’s the 2nd time I’ve been there and I love the location.

Nothing at all. The beds are so comfy and the continental breakfast is great

It’s the 2nd time I’ve been there and I love the location. It’s simple stroll to the beach with some great shops along the way with everything you need. Right next to the hotel is a great supermarket trader joes and it cheap.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The check in system was real slow because of the pin pad maintenance, and my refrigerator didnt get my drinks cold

The spa tub, the spacious room, and comfort

Hotel sucked and so does booking.com
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Staff was ok but of corse did not step up when question on price. Blamed booking.com Probably true

Nice people but completely run down hotel and it was a complete rip off for $223.00 per night. Facility was less then that of a motel 6. This hotel is not what was represented by booking.com I would never stay at the hotel or use booking.com again.

Best quality hotel!!

Friendly hotel staff is always helpful and kind. Complementary breakfast is great for starting 6:30am early morning. The room is clean and wide and spaceful as indicated on information. We used room heater, and it worked well and soon the room got warm. Location is just along with pacific cost hwy and 3 min to the pier by car. If you visit Hermosa Beach, Quality inn is the best place to stay!!

Massive let down from what the pics show. Rooms need more attention for when guests arrive!

The staff are rude and not accomodating. I ask for extra bedding and was denied at the first request then escalated to manager and was then given extra bedding. There was damp in the bedroom and wifi signal was very poor. Very far out from LAX airport and required to use Uber to get around! View very restricted and could not see the beach!

Close to Hermosa beach
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Indoor Breakfast area is too small. Breakfast should have more fruit and variety

Large rooms with comfortable beds. Fridge and microwave included. Free parking. Friendly staff.

Great luxury place

The location is great at a wide any with a broad beach. But we are there in spring much of the area is still under construction

The design and quality of the hotel. It is brand new and has nice features like enough usb sockets next to the bed and at the desk

The evening clerk, I believe his name was Shawn, was...

Everything was excellent.

The evening clerk, I believe his name was Shawn, was extremely helpful in resolving issues with our check in. Shawn [I hope the name is correct] is a perfect example of customer service and I appreciate his going the extra mile for customer satisfaction.

Passable at best

The bathroom needs a major refresh; the door would close with crude force only, shower is old - compared to rest of room reburbishment is much overdue. Breakfast passable only, not well managed and re-stocked during opening hours. Warm options not equal to other Quality Inns we have stayed at. Common areas of hotel also need an upgrade.

Location near Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, the beach also within a short walk, good running options. The room itself was spacious and beds comfy. Convenient own parking garage. Fresh cookies at reception.

Very disappointed in quality and the customer service at this location

There was no hot water for us to shower on two of the three days we were there- they did not notify us and when we called the front desk they simply said we are aware of the problem - also our items did not get restocked in our room daily when our rooms were clean- we had to ask daily for extra towels for the hot tub as there were no clean towels available at the hot tub said

The size of the room was good.

Bathroom could be updated. It felt dingy and cramped.

The size of the room was good. The location was great. Right next to Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, and B of A.

Location was wonderful, our room appeared clean but had a musty/damp smell.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The staff member upon check in was not very friendly. We booked a room with the jacuzzi tub, our room had a bit of a damp/musty smell.

The room was very spacious, linens and towels were very clean. The location was great, short walk to Trader Joe’s and Starbucks.

Would not stay again unless there were no other options

The front lobby needs a major remodel. My kids were uncomfortable in the main lobby. It was old and dirty The rooms were fine

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean

I'm upset because I wasted my good money on a raggedy hotel!!!
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I didn't like having dirty sheets, floor needed swept, hair in the shower, and a BIG roach in the bathroom on the wall!!!!!

I didn't like anything!

Not greatest, but not bad either. Clean and good located.

No microwave, when you're travelling with a baby, it comes handy for heating food. The only let-down.

Free parking at the hotel, good location, big room with terrace, comfy beds en okay bathroom

A Pleasant Time At The Beach

The heater in my room was broken and when it went off, it made a loud whirling sound. This went on all night long.

I liked the welcoming staff, the polite breakfast lady and the kind cleaning team. The location is very good.

The 15min walk to the beach is awesome!

The 15min walk to the beach is awesome! It’s pretty close to a grocery store, and pharmacy. Frontdesk staff are very friendly. I was travelling by myself, and i felt pretty safe. There’s only 2 things i didnt like. The room had a smell when i walked in. It wasnt too bad, but it’s something im hoping they would work on as it is a very nice place to stay at. Also, i think the pull out couch needs to be replaced. The one in my room wasnt too comfy, and very old. I can feel the springs already. But I’d still recommend this place. The awesome staff made a lot of difference!

Location & beds were as desired & expected, but overall feel of common areas was tacky .

Did not realize it was an outdoor access to rooms design, I do not like that ever. Breakfast room unpleasant and separate from what passed as the lobby sitting area. . Breakfast did not have hard boiled eggs that morning or real half & half for coffee. No extra blankets available.

Excellent bed. Lots of Hot water. could control heat easily.

Lori and Bruce, thank your very much.

Lori and Bruce, thank your very much. We had a great time in your bed and breakfast. Lori, thank you so much for the good informations. Greating from Germany - Ingrid and Jürgen

6 out 10
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Not any breakfast for vegetarians. Had coffee and toast for 7 days. Had get taxi every where. Noting is close by.

Its was nice room. But on the main road. To much noise at night. 30 minutes walk to the beach.

Walk to the beach and shops in HB

On a very busy street and needs better curb appeal that reflects the very nice and relaxing interior.

Centrally located to shopping and beach (easy walking distance), clean and well maintained. Easy access & good parking. Very nice staff, helpful and friendly.

The bed was wonderful - location pretty darn good. Over all nice.

Breakfast!!!!!!! and the staff was not too friendly at all! Certain people were but the rest not at all. Marie had issues with helpfulness. When I called to ask questions she kinda brushed me off and actually hung up while I was talking. She would not help with reservations! And some of the males (a bigger man) just did NOT BOTHER to acknowledge you at all! I have worked in hospitality and I found that strange,

The bed was amazing! The eggs were not good and the bacon tasted like pre-made... THEY HAVE To change it out Everyday!!!! And Check on what needs to be replaced- which they did not bother to do!!!!

This was a nice room with some perks to move it to the top of similar places

There were no privacy curtains on, and the sliding door glass faced a public property. As one who doesn't remain "dressed" the entire time I'm in a hotel room I found this a bit disconcerting. In their defense I did ask for a room with a view and think they thought they were giving me what I requested as it had a balcony view.

Room was clean and nicely laid out with plenty of room. Bed was comfortable and cozy. The location to downtown (short drive/long but doable walk) Hermosa Beach/pier/shopping/dining was great. Extra + for location next to a Trader Joe's and an excellent local restaurant hangout (Ocean Diner, highly recommend) as it sits in between them one short block off PCH. The drive to/from LAX was <15 minutes and easy to get to. I could not comment on facilities as I didn't have time to take advantage of them. The staff was very helpful and efficient.

Big room

Not well mantined building, no hot water in the shower. Because I was complaining I had back 10 dollars, but considering the cost of the room this small discount is too less if compared to the missing service

Big room

We enjoyed our stay at Quality Inn

Comfortable and big beds Breakfast included, enjoy it on the terrace Clean rooms with a lot space to store our luggages and stuff No problems to find a good parking space Staff is very friendly and kind Beach is only a few minutes walking

We had a wonderful week in Sunny CA!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hot breakfast wasn't so appealing.... but..... there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance if it's not what you're hoping for. I do feel however that there is definitely room for improvement in this area.

Excellent Staff.....we had a wonderful visit! We enjoyed the walk to the beach daily & thought that the location was great! Would very much recommend this hotel & would stay again.

Close to the piers

The breakfast area was right outside my room!!! So I was woke up extremely early on my vacation. And it was loud for HOURS while breakfast went on.

Parking on site

Clean and good room, no lobby in hotel, and bad breakfast service.

We had no microwave in the room. The breakfast was not even close to what we expected! There is no lobby place in this hotel.

The room was clean and good, and staff were friendly.

This hotel was excellent for value. Staff were great. Easy access to 3 beaches and shopping

The quality of the breakfast was poor. No eggs, very few cooked sausages and they didn't appear as if they intended to replenish. We ate breakfast next door at the diner instead the last couple of days there.

Very friendly and efficient staff. Huge room with sofa sleeper. Clean and good facilities. The Ocean Diner next door did great breakfasts and lunches (closes at 2 pm daily) and reasonably priced. Not far from Redondo and Manhattan Beaches. Would recommend to friends and family.

The staff were super friendly and helpful everyday and...

The only downfall was that the breakfast area was really small and at the weekend there just wasn't enough space for everyone. Also, the breakfast itself was quite basic and didn't vary from day to day.

The staff were super friendly and helpful everyday and always made us feel welcome. The room was really clean and extremely spacious and has everything you need. There are loads of local shops/ restaurants you can walk to or take a short taxi ride. I would definitely stay here again.

Wonderful. Free parking, comfy bed, clean, safe, book it.

Listen, the breakfast is free. So deal with it. But you will have to deal with it.... Have a bowl of cereal and a muffin and stop complaining about the plastic forks and strange eggs. Its free ok? :-)

This hotel is less than five minutes taxi from Hermossa pier. The amount you pay here is a fraction of that on the seafront, and the bed is absolutely WONDERFUL. It is comfortable, the parking is free, yes FREE, and the breakfast is.....also free. :-) When looking at places to stay in / near Los Angeles you are chosing a beautiful town where the sunshines and only millionaires can afford to buy houses. You can stay at the Quality Inn and wander down and sample this life for a while, or just sit on the beach where LA La Land was filmed. Its great.

The housekeeping was outstanding and the staff helpful and...

The couch wasn't real comfortable and the bed pillows a little small.

The housekeeping was outstanding and the staff helpful and friendly. Bed was very comfortable.

Fantastic - will be back

Property was perfect!

10 minute stroll to the beach and most comfortable bed i ever slept in, rooms are great size and so clean. Maria was excellent and all staff are so helpful- will be back.

Would def recommend

We should have asked to be on a higher floor so that we could see the ocean.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. the staff were helpful and friendly.

Cant' beat the location, the price, the cleanliness or the continental breakfast!

issue both nights with room key - they are working on upgrading their key system though

Clean room, friendly staff, more than a continental breakfast offered.

Amazing Place

Was the fourth year in a row that I've stayed in The Quality Inn Hermosa beach, I really enjoy it, the staff is amazing and the room was great! I find this place outstanding and I definitely highly recommend

I had a great stay. I would be happy to return on my next visit to LA.

No major issues. Toilet seemed a little slow to flush. Internet was not as strong as I would like. Internet sometimes disconnected from my devices. I could have used the business center, but in room wifi was adequate for what I needed.

Beds were great. Air conditioning was good. Breakfast bar was fine. Hotel was quiet at night. Staff were attentive, polite and very helpful. I really appreciated their kindness. Was surprised to see the laundry facilities, but I did not need to use them. Great location for walking to the beach and supermarkets/drugstores. Lots of TV channels available. Spacious room.

This was a great place, moderate pricing for people who are visiting local family/friends or wanting

The bathrooms stand to be updated.

The staff was friendly. The room was quiet and bed was comfortable. This hotel was close to where my daughter lives, which is why we chose it. The location is close to grocery stores and a 1+ mile walk or driving distance from the beach and restaurants. Included breakfast looking good, though we didn't eat it, since we had breakfast with our local family. I felt safe staying here.

Convenient and clean. Great for a short stopover.

The air conditioner in the room was very noisy every time it turned on and off. Breakfast was basic but ok, although the breakfast room is tiny and we had to take ours back to our room as there was nowhere to sit.

Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable.

could be better

room reserved was for 3 people. no pull out couch in room and was charged extra in order to ge a pullout bed for the room

great location great breakfast

Breakfast.

The room had really strange smell - we asked for another one and got an upgrade to a suite. As we were travelling with children, additional bed was required. The recepcionist was the only employee at that time so we had to wait a bit before we finally got one.

Breakfast. Very polite and attentive staff!

The beds were great

The breakfast was not good tho bread was dry and the danish were old for the price I paid it should be better I deserve better than what I gotta was over priced next time I would go somewhere else

The beds were great

There was some confusion with the room reservations, but the...

There was some confusion with the room reservations, but the receptionist at the front desk was great. She helped us reschedule with the same fantastic rate all while being patient and polite. The hotel was walking distance to the Strand.

Not close enough to the beach

The beach was not easy to walk to, as we did not have a car and it was almost 20 minutes away to walk including some busy streets to cross. There also was no airport shuttle available. The rooms and hallways seemed to be in need of further updating, it seemed a little run down.

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Beds were clean and very comfortable. We just needed a comfortable place to stay between flights so overall it was good since it was not too far (via taxi) from the airport.

Great place to stay after a long flight.

Property fairly close to airport.Rooms very clean and large. Breakfast excellent,the lady that looks after it deserves special praise. Within walking distance of Hermosa beach and all its resturants and bars.

I really enjoyed my stay at Quality Inn & Suites

I was not impressed with the breakfast. The eggs were dry and rubbery. Sorry 😞

What really impressed me was the fact that I just drove 10 hours and I was running a little late to check in I called to let the hotel know I will be there to check in and when I arrived the staff was very helpful very polite and they worked quickly with me so I can check in and go to my room and sleep. Thank you Quality Inn I will definitely be back.

Size of room.

Another hotel booked this trip the hot tub was shut down for repairs. Bummer.

Size of room. Balcony. Defitely 1st floor is most convenient. Very close to Hermosa Beach pier, nice walk.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Location - bed large and very comfortable - parking

The spa pool wasn't working and we actually booked the hotel for that. Breakfast is okay but really nothing to bribe about !

Location - bed large and very comfortable - parking

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Clean and cosy Spa room didn't disappoint!
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

A bit too far away from beach but was given restaurant vouchers which were great.

It was close to shopping centre and main road so easy to find. Adam checked us in and was calm and easy to talk to and answered all our questions.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Not too bad but could do better

Breakfast room and the continental breakfast were poor. Most folks avoided it altogether.

Roomy bedroom and good location for the shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good stay
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The heater in our room wasn't working, so it was cold in the evenings.

Having the jacuzzi in the room was very nice. It was a great sized room and very comfortable. Right next to a Trader Joe's to get wine, snacks, etc.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Nice place

Breakfast was great, not only continental but also fried eggs, bacon & waffles. Room and beds were comfortable, all the amenities in the room as expected. The price was high comparing to LA motel prices but the neighbourhood was worth it. Short stroll to nice beach and bars, we felt safe on the street even late in the evening.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great location near Hermosa Beach

Loudness of automatic bathroom fan and oversized bathroom door

Largeness of rooms with triangular balcony and sliding glass door, ample lighting from attractive fixtures, pullout couch/bed, extra movable nightstand, and safe

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Very comfort beds, spacious room, balcony, excellent...

Poor wifi, just basic breakfast, no additional bathroom amenities when we ran out of them. Could be better for that money... But, hey, it's LA :)

Very comfort beds, spacious room, balcony, excellent location, friendly staff, free parking

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice small hotel, but overpriced.

If you are with car, you can get same quality hotel 10 km away from beach with better price.

Good location and comfortable beds. Nice beach aprox. 1,5 km. To airport aprox. 35 min by car.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Nice staff, poor location

No view (except of road or car park), breakfast was poor quality, not much more than carbs and coffee, shabby paintwork inside and out

Friendly staff, easy to park, comfortable bed, large room

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Would recommend

Located right next to starbucks and convenience store. Calm neighbourhood. Very nice place to start exploring LA by car. Not very touristy, but still close to beach, surfing, etc. Very nice, clean rooms with good A/C, TV, internet, etc. Friendly staff. Free parking below the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Staff was excellent, very pleasant a nd helpful.

The elevator was very slow & our room was too far from it. We had a really large room it would have been nice to have a comfortable chair to sit in, Furniture was a bit sparse.

Staff was excellent, very pleasant a nd helpful. Breakfast was good. Location very good. Free parking, easy in and out. An older hotel, kept very clean. Spa area could be improved

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Wonderful early check in with friendly staff - found us late...

Wonderful early check in with friendly staff - found us late night food and very helpful, extremely clean and great location! Loved the pillows and bed so comfy - nice roomy room!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Can't beat the location!

Hotel is on the dated side and could use a freshening up. Bathroom had stray hairs which is a big no no in my book.

Comfortable king size bed and a good sized room with separate sitting/living room area. Tiny balcony area had a view of the ocean and a good breeze. Location with both Starbucks and newly opened Trader Joe's just steps away and a 10 minute walk to Hermosa Pier! Oh and FREE parking!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Handy to Hermosa and other beaches and tourist shops and restaurants
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The spa is hot. Shame it's not just a bit bigger and a cool pool.:)

It's right near a McDonslds and a Starbucks. 15 mins. Walk to the beach. Staff were great when we were having to hang around and wait for a night shuttle. Water glimpses from the room and breakfast area.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Dated, but comfortable. Good value and good location.

Our room was quite dated, but big and comfortable. You get what you pay for.

Harrison at the front desk is a legend. Really nice guy and super helpful. Recommended places in the local area and helped us find the cheapest transport to the airport. Even went to the trouble of calling us a cab. Thanks so much!! The hotel is also in a good location. Just a few minutes walk from Hermosa pier, the beach, restaurants and bars, supermarket, chemist etc.

Good place for a stopover.

Nice guy in reception, very friendly and helpful.

6.0
    Ok hotel

Noise

Bed

It was nice that I didnt have to pay for parking.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

It was nice that I didnt have to pay for parking.

Birthday

Close to beach

Most comfortable bed I've slept in
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Bed was the softest ever

good location close to the beach
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

very old hotel and bad breakfast, everything wrapped in plastic and you even only get plastic dishes and cutlery

good location close to the beach

Hot tub was great.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The a/C was not cold enough. Room was hot.

Hot tub was great.

I love the free parking

It’s need some renovation

I love the free parking And the near location to the beach

Good price/quality

Breakfast was pretty bad

Big room with everthing in it, lots of space and very clean

We have stayed at this hotel several times because of its...

We have stayed at this hotel several times because of its location to family and to the ocean. This hotel meets all expectations.

Tits