Reviews of Motel 6 Carson 2 stars

888 East Dominguez Street, Carson, CA 90746, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Carson

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Tv was too small, parking was too scarce, didn’t like the floors. Staff could be a little more pleasant. Overall I felt my stay was fair. I’ve had better for less at other places in South Bay Area.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was bad. Lot was full of big trucks. The outside was dirty and trashy. The landscape was all dead. Our room had a missing nite stand. It looked like it was ripped out of the wall.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

A little expensive for my budget but my budget is cheap so it’s perfect for business people

Perfect location where there is everything you need for food shopping, car service, it has it all.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room down a smoky hallway (non-smoking rooms), passed a bunch of kids coming out of the same room. Got woke up in the middle of the night by a phone call from the "manager" stating that they had complain from the room above mine that my room was making too much noise. I was alone and sound asleep. I felt the manager could have investigated the noise instead of relying on a complain (not founded).

Location, not far from Carson Center

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

First of all i got a room with a very bad odor coming out of the bedside table so i asked to be given another room which was even worse as the room door handle was sticky and slightly hard to open. The mini fridge in the room was useless as it does not chill food at all. One of the beds in the room was still messy and not made, someone had used the bathroom as well as the toiletries and left the used towels on the floor. When i went to the housekeepers room to ask for towels and toiletries they just ignored my presence and pretended to be busy. Then after all this they cancelled my booking for the second night and raised the room rate so as to cash in on high demand from unsuspecting customers This hotel does not have a gym and hair dryer

Spacious room with a microwave, clean swimming pool, cameras in the hall give a sense of security

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The employee up front when I checked out had a bad attitude. My girlfriend called for some shampoo and conditioner and she just sighed because she had to go look for some.

It was very clean, the room was a great size, the cleaning people are very nice and work hard to keep everything neat and tidy.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean and updated accommodations. Comfortable bed and pillows. Conveniently close to StubHub Center, about 1.5 miles from the stadium. The neighborhood seemed safe with several food options nearby.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I requested a non smoking room, the room stunk of smoke. I let the front desk person know I had an allergy and he simply told me there is nothing he can do and he’ll send maintenance..... that was it. No one tried to help and I spent the night in misery

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They let dogs stay here and one of the dogs pooped in the hallway and someone stepped in it and trailed it all the way down the hallway

It's in a great location this close to everything

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It had roaches! And it was nothing they could do about it. House keeping wasn’t not there until 7 am. And the encounter with the roaches was at 5am ugh!

Close to the freeway.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that the toilet plugged within the first use and the curtain in the restroom fell while in the shower. Also we reserved a room with two queen beds and was given one king bed. When telling front desk about it, they didn’t seem to care and my “reservation” didn’t matter.

I liked that the room was so close to the Stubhub center and it was clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Could be noisy in the hallways and also smell like smoke sometimes. Unfortunately, didn’t get to swim due to weather conditions.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are good size, AC and heater work well, tv and wi-fi work fine. Buffet next door and mall across the street with a movie theater, as well. Many places to eat within walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Truck drivers out of the facility we’re drinking beer n smoking, and we had our children, I think u should be extra careful on that.

Very quiet place and customer service was great.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like being so close to people with pets. The dogs barked and kept me up all night.

I liked that I was able to check in an hour before check in time.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My main complaint was the roach infestation, which I brought to the attention of the night clerk. I should have gotten a discount on my room due to this roach issue.

The room and hotel were nice for the price.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The only issue i had was in the morning when i tried to get something from the vending machine it would not take my money i sat there for 10-15 mins trying to get the machine to take my money so i could get a snack.,

It was a beautiful location very homey and welcoming. i love the color and decor it was warm and energetic.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The location seems to have long term guests which I typically do not experience at other Motel 6's. The cleanliness outside of the room was not great. Inside the room was ok. Television did not display many of the channels clearly. The entire location is pet friendly (great if you have/love pets, not so great if you do not).

The location is very convenient for my travel purpose. Located next to plenty of stores, mall and food.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I had been flying all night long and asked if there was any way I could check in early ( at 9am) and they were able to accommodate that request even when totally booked.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking can get crazy at times,especially at night. I have a disability, sometimes I have to park far & walk. It would be nice if they had a kitchenette.

Love the location, close to work & school.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The cleaning could have been better (Especially the bathroom/bathtub). It appeared that only the surface of the room had been cleaned. The walls/windows and bathtub didn't receive as much care. Pretty well sums it up.

The accommodations were just what I needed for my trip. There was no loitering around the motel. I love the modern look that the motel has, because it gives you an extra sense of comfort during your stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Television Channel Selections we're poor The bed could be more comfortable and the "ROACH" in my TUB/ SHOWER

The Hardwood Floors !

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was limited. Booking.com listed that there are hairdryers in all the rooms, however this is not true. You have to go to the front desk and put down a $20 deposit to borrow a hairdryer, if there happens to be one available. When you return the hairdryer you receive your $20 back. I only found this out when I went to the front desk to let them know that hairdryer was missing in the room and we needed one. Also, when we returned to our room late in the evening and turned on the air conditioning a beetle type bug (possibly a cockroach) came out of the wall unit and ran to the lower corner of the room. We took a picture of the bug, went to the front desk and they sent Maintenance up to kill the bug and check to see if there were more, which there were not thank goodness. However, there were a few smaller bugs in the bathroom area the next morning. I reported it all to the front desk.

The front desk staff were helpful and professional. The location was very close to CSUDH, which is where I needed to go to very early in the morning. The faux hardwood floors were a nice change from carpets.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk barely spoke English, and it seemed like they had no authority. Slight smell in room. No shampoo or hair dryer

Spacious room. Modern look and feel. Great pool area. Beds were not bad.

No continental breakfest

The Friendly you outstanding customer service. Prim location. Everything /anything you might needIs within walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The tub in our room had a mat like cover that covered some kind of stain or something that when the water was turned on it lifted and you could see the nasty. The toliet was almost under the sink and you sat sideways. Just a poor experience.

That it had 2 beds

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I was charged for this room tonight because of accidentally putting the wrong date... I'm very upset I nees my money for my child and food for this week.

Love the room, I always come here once a month.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was rough. with a lot of large trucks. laundry room had only two machines that worked. and no elevator was hard going up and downstairs

the rooms accommodated us and our 2 cats while we waited for our new house to be ready to move in

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A little basic but it was fine for an overnight stay.

Beds were comfortable and firm. Room was spacious. Close to restaurants and shopping mall. Ideal location within easy reach to LA airport.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The door knob was broken, pool closed too early. No screen on window

The beds were nicely made, the shower had good pressure. Could not hear others guests once in your room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room need some update and they don't have any shelf or drawer to keep cloth or stuff to put it away. They don't have hair dryer in the room you need to put $20 deposit and get it from the front desk. The bathroom look old and anti slip mat was dirty.

Lobby was clean and their location was great for shopping. It is also close to the long beach. Bed was comfortable and clean. The cleaning service was great too.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The parking is not properly regulated, so 18-wheeler big rigs frequently park across 6 parking spots marked out for autos. My keycard would stop working for no reason whatsoever, requiring me to walk all the way around the property to the front entrance to get my keycard reprogrammed.

Provides the basics well. I stayed there a month and was satisfied. The cleaning ladies are excellent - Give them a little something for their good work.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked it had a microwave and fridge, the room was pretty big and the beds were comfortable enough. I liked they accept dogs at no aditional cost and that there where plenty of things to do around that area. I would definitely stay there again.

The only thing I was not happy with was the wifi wasn't very good and the pool was always dirty but it was very full at this hotel and in the pool.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough parking price is a bit to high considering the type of people that frequent this motel.

Rooms are spacious and clean helpful staff. Really close to shipping and some dinning.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

VERY basic room. Bed, TV, and stand along mini-bar. AC unit was very loud and kept shutting on and off.

Great location across from mall and near many restaurants and cafes. Nice staff. Were helpful when I had trouble with the wifi

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Safe didn't work and air conditioning was not fully functional.

A clean bed and reasonable property for a quick trip. I used it to get to the Stub Hub Center which was walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The security was non existent. The outside door did not lock. The shower was completely broken and the beds are like sleeping on rocks.

Great location close stores in walking distance

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My & I constantly had to ask for towels I explained to the front desk person I have 2 children with me and the need bath towel set ups .... the laundry guy come to my room with 2 hand towels and 2 dry off towels no face towel !!!!! Not happy about this

Everything was good .... I always stay at Carson motel 6 whenever I'm in California

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

That there isn't any counter space or shelves to store your toiletries. During my stay, I didn't care for the 18-wheeler that was allowed to park in the fire zone across from the Handicapped parking spaces. The front of this location was clean and inviting UNTIL you drove to the back of the motel. It was trashy, landscape was unkept , RV's parked and taking up more than two spaces close to motel entrances, autos parked in more than one space.

The staff were friendly, helpful and made sure my 9 day stay was pleasurable and safe. The location is across from a shopping mall, close to restaurants, parks and walking trails. The room (wheelchair accessible) was very spacious and quite comfortable. I felt safe in using the bathroom facilities as they provided me a tub/shower chair

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Side door to the building wouldn't lock. Felt a uncomfortable but there was security in the evenings. Trucks parked in the lot the 2nd night and took up a lot of spaces. Had to park too far from the front door.

Bed was very comfortable. Loved the pool.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff could have been happier (smiling).

Good value for money. Clean, good sized rooms. Good location - close to mall, restaurants and freeway entry/exit.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi was down Motel 6 cancelled my booking so I had to pay for a double bed room onsite ,lights were not working and tv was broken . Not good for $135

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

To much to list will not recommend this motel 6 to any one. They forgot to leave the light on at this one.

The size of the rooms was great,Most of the house-keeping staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The heater in the room didn't work. The place was noisy the whole time. Kids crying / playing in the hallway for hours right in front of my room. Also there was a dog barking/ howling when we first arrived. StAff obviously hate their jobs

The rooms looked nice and clean

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I feel the rooms are a little over priced. They seem to cater to truckers because there were half dozen or more big rigs in parking lot, but still ample parking for cars.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms large and clean. Plenty of parking. Close to stores and restaurants. Overall it was a good place for my budget.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It's smelled a lot like smoke and there were signs saying there was no smoking I walked in there and got a really bad headache it was a bad experience for me and my fiancé..

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Price ould have been cheaper

The unit was immaculate, large and noquestions were asked about my service pet....and we were allowed to rest well past checkout time

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the attitudes of the staff and the conversation of the check out was a lie. We were told check out was 12 and when we arrived it was told to us check out was 11.

I liked that there was early check in and the rings were updated.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

- Hallway smell is awful - Windows unlocked and screen broken. Easy access to criminals. - Water on bathroom sink is weak. - Our booking was cancelled because my card was declined. I didn't get any notification from hotel nor booking.com. Motel told me they are not obligated to tell me as per policy. This policy is not customer centric and should be changed. Is it really that hard to inform customers? Good thing it was not high season they still have empty rooms. i paid the rooms using the same card.

- Location - Easy check out - Free coffee in the morning til 10am - clean room - enough towels provided

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing I am concerned about if I stay again , is that while there some people I was traveling with motorcycles got stolen , and all the cameras was not working. If I stay again will this issue be fixed?

I like the convenience of the restaurants and shopping center.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The floors, a lot of people smoking, outside grass was dry making facility look ugly. Many broken down cars are in the parking lot. The hallways don't smell that great.

Did the job.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I enjoyed our stay only can complain that room didn't have an iron nor drawers for our clothes we had to leave everything in our baggage which wrinkled and didn't have an iron in the room

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Toilets too low. Bed is very uncomfortable. Pillows are bad, need at least four to one person for comfort. Not very many TV channels. Parking is TERRIBLE!

Housekeeping was great! No matter what time we left for the day, we always returned to a clean room.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It looked a little ghetto outside. Shower head had a little hard water build up. The ac unit was dated compared to the room decor.

Person at the front desk was nice, she let us check in early! There is a large mall across the street that you can walk to - no joke. The rooms were clean and spacious! Shower had great pressure and no trouble with hot water. The hotel looks like it's going through a remodel. Ice machine on both floors. Had a nice vending machine with frozen stuff like hot pockets!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No frills in the room whatsoever, like no water heater, no simpel coffeemaker, no decoration, room booked for 3 people but towels for two, air conditioner ratling

We did not actually like a lot about the hotel, but the receptionist was very friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Every night around 2 or 3am there was people out on the hallways talking and laughing very loud for 10 to 20 minutes and no hotel staff would tell them to be quite. Right next door they were running something like night club drunk people where coming out of there and you could hear the music all the way to the room. Staff was uncourtious and seemed bothered to help you. It was hard to find parking space avaliable in the hotel parking lot and there was bikers outside the hotel at all times just hanging out by the cars didn't feel safe to be there or walk to your room.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Oh boy!! There was a very strong odor of pot emanating from the room next door. It continued all night despite our complaints. Also as the night wore on the crowd got very rough. Went to lobby and was greeted by a thug with tattoos sprawled across his face and there were thugs outside with loud thumping music

It was clean and looked like everything was remodeled

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Water in the shower..didnt get enough of it..pressure wasnt enough and its hard to regulate the water temp..i always want to use warm water..it was too hot but if u lower down temp u couldnt get enough water to rinse the shampoo from ur hair anymore..toilet bowl flush doesnt work..u have to open tank and manipulate flush urself..i had to open tank each time i flushed..frustrating..

Bed was comfortable and they cleaned our room everyday..cleaners werent that helpful tho coz they couldnt speak english..

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything we didn't like.

The staff were friendly , the hotel was super clean, the bed was really comfortable , the bathroom was nice , definitely will be staying again.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi service was horrible. I expected decent wifi signal since I was traveling with a toddler. Now I know not to book at motel 6. Tv image quality was poor.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Could've had more storage in the room i.e. a dresser, one more side table.

The space, convient location, somewhat helpful staff, great parking, and good wi fi.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was overall good. Went to take a shower and the shower head exploded off! No other rooms available and me and my sister had to wait over an hour for it to be fixed.

Close to mall and varies resturants

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We have used this facility on several occasions and each time we've paid a different price for the rooms. We usually need the room for an overnight stay and each time the price differs. I understand that during weekends the price goes up but we've paid from $60+ to $91-. I don't understand why so many price differences when we rent the same size room all the time. Just puzzling...

Liked that we were able to check in right away as opposed to waiting 30+Minutes for the room to be ready. Like the pet friendly atmosphere.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

On 2 or 3 nights a freight truck close to my room had its engine idling. Slow flow of water from washbasin tap. Thin walls and limited cable channels but the guests were quiet and it is a budget hotel, so I understand.

Bed is very comfy, good laundry room, room heater and air conditioner works well. Huge selection of dining and shopping within walking distance. Good shower and tap in no-slip bathtub.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No friendly welcome. Loud people. Arguing and cursing. Inside and outside. Babies crying. Doors literally slamming all night. Making my door shake. All night. Squeaking bed. Poor tv service. No amenities e.g.: shampoo, iron, blow dryer, the people hanging out in parking area. Having to watch my car. Horrible stay I've had. I've stayed in cheaper rooms and had way better quality and sleep.

The area.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Men hanging out at the doors blocking the entrances. Asked my travel companion if she was quote unquote working. Lots of prostitutes

The clerk at the front desk was very friendly and

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was very rude and was not helpful to our situation. We had a broken door to our room so no key cards worked to open the door, 3 sets, they treated it as if it were our fault. We were the guests that were inconvenienced trying to get into our room multiple times but they treated us very poorly as if we inconvenienced them. It was a huge debacle and turned out the door was broken. Also needs bigger towels or more towels in the rooms.

Value Housekeeping was very nice

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon arriving I found out that I could not use my military discount due to the fact that I went through booking.com and it cost me $30.00 then it would have had I just walked in

the room was comfatable and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too large for my small head, refrigerator leaked all over the vinyl floor, the floor hadn't been cleaned in some time (as was evident from the towel we used to clean up water from the fridge), the toilet had to be flushed several times to get everything down, the bathroom faucet was a slow drip, the repairs in the room and the bathroom from past leaks was pretty shoddy, and some guy in the room next to us was having a really bad day, yelling and screaming up a storm. But, we saved about $60 dollars going here. Up to you if that amount is worth it - we decided it was, but probably won't stay here again.

Location, low cost, and very friendly staff, are the only perks of this place. I knew what I was getting myself into (stayed in a Motel 6 before), and really just wanted to stay somewhere close and cheap to CSU Dominguez Hills.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

you can hear the room next door screaming and cussing, having my kids with me, it was just very upsetting!! Parking was FULL had to park at the restaurant next door. There was some was hair all in the bathroom, on the tub, then by the towel on the sink, then by the towels just made it feel GROSS, Found hair on the bed, There is only 1 trash can in the entire room, and its the smallest thing. beds seem unstable. when you draw the curtains it darken the entire room, there is no curtain that you can just close for privacy so that people walking outside can not see directly inside your room.. chairs by pool is broken, and there is a small area that looks like grass is suppose to grow inside by the pool that is just mud and looks like bacteria...needs turf placed in... Then the clerk next to one helping me says the amount that the person next to me is paying which was less....they should not say the price out loud, cause makes you feel like you got ripped off.

love the mall is across from is right there..The staff member who checked me in was very pleasant...

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The one thing your maids that work there are not friendly at all never smile or even speak. We go to one motel 6. And the maids are the best they speak to you and smile. You need to work on that it's what brings people back

It was a hard check in but staff was kind and helpful. They got it all straighten out.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The key card didn't work. I tried it many times in different directions and flipped it over several times but still couldn't open the door. I went back downstairs with all my stuff to complain at the front desk and got an additional card. I then dragged all my stuff back upstairs and tried both cards again several more times. FINALLY one of the cards worked. Also, I asked for a wake-up call for 5:30 a.m. but got the automated call at 3:30 a.m. Before 3:30 a.m. I could hardly sleep due to noises from all around, and after I got the unwanted call I definitely couldn't sleep again.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Before this I was working in Barstow. Super eight motel was $36 a night. Comparable rooms.

This Motel 6 has a mini fridge and a microwave. There was a Motel 6 closer to where I need to be, but it sound like the freeway was coming through my room. No microwave, no mini fridge. Same price.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the time we are supposed to check out. I was hoping I could check out at a later time without being charge a full extra night.

I like the color and the vibe

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have been better priced.

This Motel 6 was surprisingly clean and just across the street from the mall😁. I stayed here when my leg was badly injured and unable to walk. The staff was very helpful with accommodating my special needs. The place was great but a little higher priced than I usually book for at Motel 6. But the extra help I got made it worth it.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They could not found my reservation. They said that booking.com does not provided the information right away. I almost sleep on the street. I was so frustrated and very disappointed.

Browse Motel 6 Carson traveller photo gallery