Reviews of Quality Inn - Hamilton Place 3 stars

7013 Shallowford Rd , Chattanooga, TN 37421, USA

#44 of 72 hotels in Chattanooga

The room was musty and sticky. The air had been on but the room was still damp including the floors. The bedding was clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were clean, nothing fancy. The light above the sink was out.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was set up nice and had a good selection.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Drove past hotel because there was a "Now Open" sign covering the hotel name. Went to check in and was told they were now a Quality Inn, but would honor our booking rate. The staff seemed very confused and uninformed regarding the recent buyout. Carpet in room was very dirty. Didn't remove shoes. People talking and any noises outside sounded like they were right in our room. Woman at checkout not friendly. Usually very pleased with Hampton Inn's. This one didn't meet my expectations.

Continental breakfast was included. Facility/dining area appeared clean. Honored our booking rate.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Being given a room we didn't book we booked a double with two beds and was given a king with a small sofa pullout not going to work front desk no compromise at all.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Outside entrance to rooms. A/C didn't work. Second rooms tub didn't work either. (The switch between shower/tub was broken on both rooms. The water would only come out of the shower head and not out of the tub faucet.) Bed not usual hampton comfort. Carpet and upholstered furniture was old and dusty in the corners.

Staff was friendly and helpful When I had a problem with the tub not working in my room, they upgraded me to a king.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We could not pay cash for our stay! We booked a room with 2 double beds, I called 3 hours before we got there to make sure our reservation was secured and asked about the 2 double beds. The woman confirmed the room had 2 beds! We went to the room & it was a king with a pull out couch. I called & talked to James & he said they couldn’t accommodate us with a room with 2 beds! He proceeded to blame Booking.com. I told him about my confirmation call earlier in the day but he wouldn’t correct anything! This is the first time this has ever happened using Booking.com and I’ve used them many times! Very disappointed & felt taken advantage of! Not accommodating at all!

Breakfast staff were very nice

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty. Pull out sofa had a huge stain on it. The bath tub had holes in it that had been patched and it was nasty. Had it booked for 3 nights only stayed 1.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

Air conditioning broke, trash and food on floor upon check in, no hot water. Tried to speak to front desk who was more interested in his cell phone than what I was saying.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. The carpet had not been vacuumed in who knows how long, there were nail clippings on the floor. We had first requested new sheets due to a stain on one of the beds, and didn’t notice the floor conditions until later. The beds were not comfortable at all, the air conditioner was too loud, the shower curtain wasn’t long enough. In the morning, the clerk at the desk didn’t even ask how our stay was! I’ve never been so happy to get home and shower from somewhere I’ve stayed.

The breakfast was the only saving grace

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The onky isduescwas having to turn around and heard back out into the cold weather to locate the ramp that led into the breakfast area from outside inside the breakfast area.

The people we met at the front desk were courteous, helpful, and friendly! The seat of choices for a healthy or non healthy breakfast met both our needs!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Carpet was filthy and wouldn’t take my shoes off. Nor would I sit on the couch. How hard is it to clean corners or along wall and floor in bathroom!

Breakfast was great. Bed was comfortable and clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk was very rude. As soon as I got to my room I realized there was no access to the outside, which is a crazy fear of mine. I called and asked her to move me, and she said there were no rooms available. After about 30 minutes, I went to her and told her if anyone cancelled or a room became available to please let me know. She told me she didn't have anyone to clean the room she put me in to begin with. I asked if she would refund my money so I could go somewhere else, nope. I had already checked in. I never saw one person on the first or 2nd floors of this place while I was here. If she was worried about customer satisfaction, she sure didn't show it.

The room was clean, but you get what you pay for. I stayed at Laquinta right down the road 2 weeks ago. Much better place!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we got the tv didn’t work. Switched to a new room. The new room had a huge gap around the entire door. We could feel cold air coming in all night. My husband put towels around the door.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Walls are paper thin. Hotel checked in a family after 1 AM next to our room. Received little to no sleep. Toilet ran off and on. Could nopt control heater in the room.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The heat was not adjustable. Either extremely cold or to hot no comfort zone. Shower bar broken. Microwave turn table didn’t work room extremely small. I will never stay again. I very seldom write comments it just was so bad for the price. Stayed the next night at a Sleep Inn it was by far a better place for twenty four dollars less.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was mold in the shower. On the sleeper sofa there was also urine. I called the front desk to try to change the room and no one answered. In the morning I expressed my disappointment to the staff at the front desk and they were very rude and did not address the issue.

The continental breakfast was great.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

The bathroom floor tile was dirty. My wife wiped a damp wash cloth on the floor and it came out soiled. Cloth chairs were stained and dirty in dining area. Facilities was not up to Hampton's standards!

The staff was friendly throughout.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The lady that checked us in said this was one of the second locations built by Hampton. i would think Hampton would have taken more pride in their facilities. Granted I booked this sight unseen as we were driving. BUT I chose Hampton by name from prior experiences and felt this one would have been equally as nice. NEEDS total updating or maybe just bull dozing it. I stayed with my spouse however that was not an option to choose from.

Did not stay for breakfast. Would not have eaten there due to the uncleanliness of the facilities. Would not have trusted the kitchen that it would be sanitary.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room opened to outside, 2nd floor, bathroom-bugs,dirty shower curtain, floor dirty-hair all around, carpet dirty, vents dirty,no microwave,only 1 towel-had to wait 45 minutes to get more towels.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

The room was not the standard Hampton quality. The room appeared to not have been vacuumed. There was mold in the shower. The bed was uncomfortable. The cable went out while we were there. It was not worth the amount of money paid for the room.

The water pressure was nice in the shower.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

Exercise room didn't have a treadmill! Air wasn't working properly! Toilet had issues. Room very outdated! Most rooms were motel style!

Not much of anything. The cleaning ladies were nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a lot of noise from outside, our unit was accessed from the parking lot. This hotel is an older building, the carpet and some of the furniture needs to be updated.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

The TV didn't work there was no bathtub the maintenance issue was still in the room when we arrived. It was too late to change rooms or do anything else.

The bed seem to be clean and comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Traffic was always pretty busy, but that's out of the hotel's control. We were very pleased with everything overall.

Pillows were like sleeping on a cloud :-)

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

damp sheets and dirty carpet.

Not the usual Hampton. Check in was easy. The desk clerk was friendly and professional. The hotel was in two separate buildings and was more like a motel than a hotel. The room was large and appeared to be clean but the carpet seemed damp to bare feet and our feet were filthy dirty when we went to take a shower. I kept my shoes on the rest of the time. The bed was comfortable at first but the sheets felt damp. I don't know if they were not totally dry when put on the bed or what. I did not sleep well. The hotel was totally filled so no need to ask for a different room. The building was old and on the surface looked clean but they really need to shampoo their carpets and use a cleaner on the bathroom floor that doesn't feel sticky. Breakfast was good and stocked well for as many people as were in and out. I hated to rate them poorly because they were so busy and helpful but I think they needed to know about the dirty carpet and damp feel to the sheets and bedding.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet was plugged, TV only had a few channels, the carpet was stained and dirty the overall room was filthy neither me or my husband wanted to sit on anything or take off our shoes. My husband and I were appalled that they called this place a Hampton inn. The only good thing is they didn't charge us when we decided to leave We've stayed at many Hampton inn and we won't be going back after this experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing wrong with the location.. Traffic was a little heavy but that's to be expected.. Surrounded by other businesses .

Clean.. Lobby and dining room decorated well.. Pool was clean.. Towels available.. Staff was nice.. Very professional.. Eager to help😊

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great Southern hospitality, even helping us early in the morning with some breakfast type goodies to take with us. They were the best in terms of a team serving as a unit. Comfortable bed good sized room that was well serviced. A great experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff refused to do anything because we wouldn't allow maintanence which could have been an hr wait. We had been on the road 14 hours evacuating from Irma and wanted to sleep as we had to hit road early next day. Also has to turn AC off because it was so loud it sounded like truck.

Awful room. Weatherstripping on the door was missing so wouldnt close completely. Phone did not work when we tried to get dial tone. Staff rude and unhelpful. Sink didn't drain properly. Rug was filthy. Hubby found bug in shower in the morning. Should be ashamed to have Hilton stamp, worst stay EVER!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's an older building and rather high priced for what it was, but then the demand was quite high while the evacuation was going on. Staff could be friendlier, but then, they were at 100% occupancy.

It was good to have the parking right next to the room to keep an eye on our car and small trailer while evacuating. Felt secure. Bedding was comfortable and coffee was good. Convenient to 75, 5 miles from 24. Great chain eateries within walking distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was old and had exterior door on the outside of the hotel with no interior hall entrance. Room smelled like animal smells.

Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dirty rooms, parking was horrible when arriving at night, satellite kept going out. Wifi was off and on. Arrived at 11 pm and the computers were down so they were not able to check us in even though we had already paid. Had to wait until 2 am to check in and didn't receive a discount.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't like that the security guard didn't do his job! There was a few guys by my door threaten each other as to who was going to be shot first!!!!I was never so scared in my life!

You had availability at the last min. I also liked how comfortable the bed was.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There was no fridge or microwave in the room, toilet was very slow to flush, mold on shower curtain, carpet was dirty and stained, old motel.

Bed was comfy with plenty pillows, good hot breakfast, nice employees at front desk

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty exterior walkways as well as cigarette smokers outside rooms therefore had to walk past smokers to our room & cigarette butts along walkways, mold/mildew in shower, curtain had holes, recliner shabby & arm of it disconnected, microwave & mini frig not standard in rooms but staff very helpful in getting them put in room once we arrived, appears to have some questionable wiring, air conditioner just ok,

Price, location, & staff very helpful to meet our needs, beds comfortable, breakfast sufficient. Better than a couple places I've stayed but not as good as others.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows and mattresses weren't comfortable. Very basic hotel room but it served its purpose.

Close to the interstate. Excellent breakfast. Friendly staff.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

my wall next to night stand had stuff spilled on it not cleaned carpet dirty & stained pool hrs not good closes too early couldn't swim. ask for potatoes to be refilled she said no at breakfast juice warm paris wouldn't put her dog there

breakfast was ok the bathroom was set up great shower best flow ever n a hotel lobby was nice with cookies &juice& coffee

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No one cleaned the bathroom, the television did not work, the ice machine on our floor did not work, there where no trash can winners, and the staff where unfriendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All was well. Sports aren't in town so lots of boys wandering around.

Man at front desk was great‼️ Property was well landscaped & beautiful. Tks

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Quitness, bed & breakfast, extra towels in bathroom, easy check-in and out of the facility, short distance from the airport, James' courtesy and professionalism on the phone and at the desk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I already answered above . Sorry I was just disappointed.

I'm sorry I thought it was a non smoking room yet we could smell smoke and our family is allergic . My grandson had an asthma attack. The bed was hard too.😔

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was filthy each bed had a different bug when we pulled covers back, the wall was smashed and crumbling, and red smearing were on the front door. Bugs were flying in the air.

I liked nothing there were bugs in the bed , blood on the door and a crumbling wall

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were resting in the room. Someone with a master key walked in on us without knocking first. Then when I questioned the front desk he denied entering the room. And the front desk person made an excuse for him. Poor supervision. Poor security.

Nice room. I considered it good not outstanding.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was humid/damp and the carpet felt 'crudy' under my feet. Also, I woke up with a couple of insect bites on my torso. A day or so later I realize that it was a spider bite. Lastly, I wiped my car down, packed the car and went in to shower before I hit the road. The maid burst into the room without knocking. Luckily I was dressed and packing the remainder of my belongings. Two minutes later the front desk phoned. It was about 1105am. You should always knock prior to opening a door or entering a guest roo/m. No apology was given for the invasion of privacy. All they asked was, "Will you be checking out?"

The bed was comfortable and the location was great. the staff was very accommodating. I also liked the white comforter on the bed. I asked for a microwave and fridge; they were promptly delivered and installed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had no fridge or microwave in our room. The rooms opened to the outside. A naked toddler was swimming in the pool. Some of the bigger kids were taking over the pool and making it hard for little ones to swim. The rooms were outdated and smelled musty. I got charged Hampton Inn rates without their quality

The staff was friendly and the pool was clean.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No radio, microwave, nor frig. Limited TV stations. AC thermostat was whacky; same amount of cool regardless of setting. Fluorescent bulbs flickered. Meager fitness room. No elevator. Just not as nice as I expect from Hampton Inn properties

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

They need to make some upgrades to the room carpet was not too good in our room and need to clean better and add refrigerators to all rooms

They had a nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

Our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators. The carpets were dingy so my husband and I wore flip flops the entire time.

There was no breakfast included, there was however an area you could buy food.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The whole complex was sketchy. My hallway smelled like 10 years of marijuana baked into the carpet. My bedroom AC worked, but barely. A light didn't work. My bathroom was dirty, having long hairs in the shower & everywhere else. No trash can liners. Can't believe I paid $100 for this trash can place. It's worth maybe $39

I liked that this property was right off of 75.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Staff was extremely helpful. We arrived around 11 pm they offered us late check out right away. We asked for recommendations for a distillery to visit , all they employees jumped in to help us find a place . Awesome staff

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was not completely clean. We found several pieces of trash on the floor. This property is not a typical Hampton Inn. The room - carpet, furnishings and fixtures, were old and worn. Will not stay here again.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room had incorrect beds compared to what we booked, and there was no microwave or minifridge in the room.

The staff was friendly and the location was close to several destinations.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Did not get room as booked. TV did not work. Could not get door to open to room without yanking and pulling. 2nd oldest Hampton in chain and it shows.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

The rowdy guests who were near my room drinking and smoking outside my door until 3 A.M. I know security was called on them around 11:30 P.M. because I heard them make a comment. My husband also told them to keep it down around 1 A.M. Around 2:30 A.M, I smelled smoke coming into my room from under my door. I told them to move and quiet down or I would call security again. They then walked away. I didn't get any sleep and had to drive back to Michigan in the morning. I would love to get at least half of my stay reimbursed.

The morning breakfast was great!

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

When we got there our door was open and there was a used bar of soap beside the sink in the bathroom. Someone we were traveling with who was staying in another room also had a empty beer can sitting on the counter when they got in there room. It was ridiculous.

Not much.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were on the back side of the building, lighting was poor.three guys in an SUV parked outside our room to smoke dope at 1000pm -we called the office and they sent security to tell them to leave.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was alright but it was not quality like you would exprct. They had us in an older motel behind the newer Hampton Inn . We were also overcharged because of the room they face us. They told us we didn't have a reservation at first but I had called a few days before and was assured we were covered. It was not quiet since we were back there with a bunch of road construction guys who kept coming at several different times from 2 am till 4 am and kept trying to get in our door. We couldn't wait for it to get light so we could leave.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Booked 2 rooms which were to have 2 beds each. Got there late and they gave us 2 rooms with one double bed. Said hotel was full and could not get other rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Site said they were pet friendly, but they don't allow them. They let us stay with our pet only because we complained the site said they allowed them.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Price was really good. Close to the highway, plenty of options for food. The staff, Jenny and Moses were very friendly and attentive to our needs. I'd stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The vending machines needed to be restocked.

The breakfast was delicious and the staff was great. The room was very comfortable and surprisingly quiet.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got a smoking room since we checked in very late (2am) when we reserved non smoking. It smelled and we had a horrible sleep due to the stink of the room. The hotel was booked so no other rooms were available. The night manager told us at 3am that we could go find another hotel if we wanted and we wouldn't be charged.....

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I should have gone straight to Hampton and forget about Booking.com.

Hampton was awesome. But booking.com failed us. I received an email confirmation from Booking.com but the Hampton never heard of me. Luckily James and Sara at Hampton went to work, we waited in the Lobby and a telephone call came in cancelling so we got that room.

We asked for a non smoking room and it smelled terrible of smoke and was musty. Didn't feel safe with door open to the outside and the lock was not proper.

We didn't stay to eat left early because of room conditions

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I unplugged the clock (because it wasn't obvious that the alarm wouldn't go off at 11:30pm), there was a lot of dust behind the side table. I'm allergic to dust 😬

There was free transportation to the airport 👍🏻

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

No Golf Channel! Why not?? Breakfast in most US motels is poor quality. It is sooo unhealthy. Too much sugar, horrible sweet bread, no fresh fruit and if you have fruit it's swimming in sweet juice. Awful processed powder eggs, no grilled tomatoes, no whole grain bread. Its easy to cook fresh eggs, grill some tomato + capsicums + fresh bacon, mmm, yum. Get rid of the soggy pancakes + sugar syrup + provide healthy food. You all know how to eat healthy why do you continue to serve such rubbish for breakfast?

Price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked the room late and could only get a smoking room. Very disappointed because of that. Room seemed clean except for the terrible smell. We were given air freshener and that helped some. If we could have we would have moved to a different property.

The staff was helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not what we requested and was not serviced by housekeeping until 8:00pm when I went and found someone. We booked our room months ago and got an entirely different room that was uncomfortable. No refrigerator

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a musty smell, the carpet was worn, the bed uncomfortable, th coffee cream was sour and curdled in the coffee. Just a nasty very unpleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

The bathroom door hinge was stripped out. Literally could not close door. The hair dryer cord was melted and had bare wire showing. Dangerous. The electric outlets were worn out and would not hold receptacles in place. Cords fell out of receptacles. Bed was reasonably comfortable. TV picture was fine. Bathroom floor looked dirty.

The price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful and the beds were very comfortable the breakfast was also very good. This was the first time we stayed at a Hampton inn we usually stay at best western but we will definitely make Hampton inn our first choice now😃

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls are paper thin, heard full conversations in rooms beside us. Mold in bathroom, probably due to the fan not working. Multiple bugs in the room.

Pillows comfy. Shower head is nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Came in at 1130 pm the lady behind the desk wasn't to friendly. The room wasn't at all what I expected or what I have seen fromthe stays in the past at different locations the room smelled like urine and the air-conditioning barely worked... was not pleased at all😕

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I LOVED the bright lights throughout the room. It made the room seem welcoming and made it easy for me to read that night and apply makeup in the morning. I've had bad experiences with low lighting in many other hotels.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were told breakfast ended at 11 AM. We came down for breakfast before checking out around 10:30 and saw the sign stating breakfast was over at 10.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Sofa Bed Room

Inside the room was clean and updated, however, the entrance was dirty, the elevator had not been swept, and the fact that we were in the back units made a long walk for breakfast. So we passed breakfast.