2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Quality Inn Colby

Reviews of Quality Inn Colby 2 stars

1950 South Range Avenue, Colby, KS 67701, USA

#8 of 10 hotels in Colby

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

The guy at the desk was pretty nice.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Less of a hotel, more of a corpse with beds. None of the amenities on this listing are available. Pool? Closed until after check out (at least that's what the desk guy told us but it's in obvious disrepair). Mexican restaurant attached to the lobby? Completely empty. This place is falling apart. Top sheets were dirty but I often expect that with chains. Breakfast was okay for a quick bite before hitting the road. Any more than $60 would have been a total rip off.

The guy at the desk was pretty nice. The Mexican restaurant across the street was good and the museum down the road was cool. Close to the highway too

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

so-so.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was not at desk ,twice. Had to wait several minutes for clerk to come back. Had a be back soon sign. When I checked in and especially when I checked out. Also toilet was loose. surprised it didn't leak. Also they were under remodel. Probably will not stay their again.

room was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

Everything was great as expected.

If you stay in room 111 be prepared to bunk with GHOST as our radio kept coming on even though it was off. We had to unplug it. Our phone rang at least 10 times with no one on the other line. The only way it would stop is we had to disconnect the line. Other than that it was a great stay.

Everything was great as expected. The food was on par for hotel breakfast. I would stay again as we were just passing through.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

There breakfreast was great and it was nice and quiet.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

They had poor customer service and over charged me. I booked for 7 nights. Was charged for 7 nights. But was only allowed to stay for 5 nights. I had a family emergency I had to take care which I notified the property of and was still charged for 7 nights.

There breakfreast was great and it was nice and quiet. Nobody bothered me

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Not worth the money

The parking lot was snow packed and covered in ice, nothing plowed no salt or anything. The whole hotel smells terrible, very run down. The room was decent but the bathroom walls were very dirty. House keeping knocked on the door at 7 am.... And the housekeeping staff was extremely loud in the hall way.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Alright place for the price would stay at another hotel next time we’re in Colby for the night.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

In the morning.. the cleaning employees are blasting foreign music that sounded to be Indian Genre.. we could hear it from 7:30 am until we left. Definitely not a bonus to be hearing any kind of music that early if one is trying to sleep inn

Rate.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Cheap.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Smelled like urine in Stairway area, dog poop on stairs, sink backed up, bathroom door was filthy, something "gooey" on the floor

Cheap...but not cheap enough

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

There was a good Mexican restaurant in the hotel.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very damp. There were unfinished patch spots on the wall and the room smelled musty and of urine. Was very disappointed!

There was a good Mexican restaurant in the hotel.

Estes Park trip
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the side door of the motel didn't shut completely. It should have been opened only by an electronic key card.

I liked the fact that the desk manager was considerate enough to change my room to the first floor when he saw how much luggage I had to carry. I didn't even ask him to do that.

It was not what we expected from Quality Inn.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Laminate flooring, toilet seat didn't fit, tv reception was inconsistent. Hard to open door, hotel under renovation with tools laying around. Flies in the room made it uncomfortable. Would not stay here again.

Friendly staff, good location, pool is ok. Breakfast area and food offerings are good.

Clean room with modern updates.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Common areas were a bit grimy. Ice machine on first floor, especially. Breakfast area needed an active attendant. .

Clean room with modern updates.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was the worst motel we've ever encountered.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Entire facility was filthy dirty. Breakfast was sub par. Second floor had lighting turned off in the hallway. We had to climb stairs and find our room in the dark. Electric outlets by the sink inoperable. Killed some kind of bug on the floor. We booked without reading reviews. Facility not up to standards of other Quality Inns we have stayed at.

Nothing likeable.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Choose somewhere else if you can!
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I left my credit card at the desk when I checked in and when I went back to get it they told me it wasn't there. The main reason I picked the property was because of the indoor pool for my six year old grandson. It was closed for " maintenance", with no plans of being reopened in the near future. The hallway was filthy, with dead bugs everywhere. My grandson said his favorite part was killing all the flies in our room. The toilet was not bolted down properly so I felt like it was going to fall over everytime I used it.

The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning unit was quiet. Also the proximity to the interstate was good.

A bug crawled on the back of my neck in bed.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

A bug crawled on the back of my neck in bed. An hour later, a bug crawled on my upper back. My wife and I got up and found two beetles on the floor. A dead cockroach was in the middle of the hall carpet. An irate customer was yelling at an associate at the front desk about bugs in the hotel. The grounds of the hotel was void of grass and shrubs...just a thin layer of common gravel with exposed plastic ground barrier throughout.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The bed was comfortable and breakfast was okay.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't a good sidewalk along the street and not a good place to cross if you wanted to walk to a place to eat.

The bed was comfortable and breakfast was okay. The staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not that clean, still hair and dirt on the floor. plus a used wash rag left from previous guest. Mexican restaurant in the hotel was awful.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

I would not recommend to anybody.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was twice as expensive as a Motel 6 and only marginally better. Wasn’t worth the money.

The restaurant. The food was great and not overpriced.

The mattresses were comfortable.

There were clumps of hair on the floor by the sink and between the top sheet and fitted sheet on one of the beds. I also used booking.com to reserve these rooms and provided a credit card. On the day we were to check in, an employee called and demanded my card number to hold these rooms because they were “sold out”. Upon arrival, the parking lot wasn’t even half full. It was a little off putting.

The mattresses were comfortable.

Good value, good food, overall good experience for an overnight.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

We accidentally left a pillow in the room on Tuesday night. When we returned Sunday, it was not in the lost and found, so we are out a pillow somehow.

Restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was good. Value is excellent.

Gross! Do not stay here!

The whole place was in disrepair and dirty. Upon entering the room BOTH comforters on both beds were visibly dirty. I went to the front desk to ask that they be changed. Twenty minutes later, two staff came to the room and insisted that I show them where it was dirty. One comforter had white stains (ick) that were harder to see but clearly visible from an angle. The staff said "It doesnt look dirty to me" and tried to give me a set of sheets, I assume to lay over the dirty comforter. I refused. Ultimately they did change the beds but were very grumpy about doing it. Clean linens is the bare minimum that a customer should expect from a hotel. And if there is a problem, the customer should be given prompt and courteous service to remedy it.

Literally nothing.

Last stop
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower in the bathroom. I was afraid I was going to slip and fall on the wet floor.

Very spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable and the breakfast was pretty good as well.

A good place to stay, easy access.

no complaints

After our bad experience at a Quality Inn in SLC, we were very happy to fine this place very nice. It appears that there have been recent renovations. The rooms were clean and in good condition. Great breakfast.

Good stay but needs a little more quality.

Would like a better selection for breakfast. Can tell they are trying to improve the site. Under construction.Water pressure in the shower is terrible. This needs to be fixed.

The hotel is being remodeled.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed needs better pillows. The general walkway areas were clean but under the desk area it was extremely dusty.

The hotel is being remodeled. Our room was mostly clean, the floor under the desk was pretty dusty, the bed was comfortable. It could use better pillows. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating when we requested a roll-a-way bed, they had it to us in about 10 minutes.

Mediocre

See above

The room was clean. It looks like they haven’t finished remodeling the part where the toilet & shower are; old paint, new paint, the toilet was place crooked so the door could open. Lousy plumbing, low water pressure, plunger next to toilet which we had to use. The sink was VERY SLOW to drain

I definitely would stay here again.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

My room was near the back entrance, so it was easier to park there for loading and unloading luggage. Unlike the inviting appearance of the front of the building, the area in the rear was littered and poorly maintained.

This is definitely a budget hotel, but the room was squeaky clean and included everything I needed. The bed was totally comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly. The full breakfast was as good as any I've had in more expensive places.

Good value and location but could easily be great with a little attention to details.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Newly renovated but with lazy inexpensive oversights like unfinished paint by bathroom mirror, old broken bathroom switch. Which would easily "finish" the room. Windows also need weather stripping ss cold wind kept coming through kucking on window heater. Just really simple stuff that was overlooked.

Location with comfortable bed.

Beyond my expectations for price.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Can not think of a single thing.

The entire place has been renovated and so modern. The breakfast was very good. The bed was so comfy. The pillows are perfect.

Adequate
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was just mediocre. Unfortunately there was only one bedside lamp, the water pressure was poor and while the staff was kind they were unhelpful. They’ve made some upgrades but it’s an old building and delapidated.

It was convenient to the highway.

A true gem in the oasis on the plains of Colby, Kansas
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

As an avid traveler I am always excited to run across lodging that truly makes traveling a comfort. This certainly was the case with the Quality Inn. The recently remodeled room felt like a 3 star European hotel with its wood laminate floors and beautiful woodwork. The pool was pristine and well maintained. And of course the staff was extremely friendly, thank you Sid for your welcoming demeanor and to Janey for the most delicious breakfast. I make frequent trips to Colorado from Kansas City, so I was grateful to find such a pleasant place, that I will always stay at this location the future.

Worse ever

Booking.com should not have this hotel on your listings. We booked 3 weeks early, but they fill rooms by arrival times even though we stated we would arrive late. Got room on second floor no elevator and husband is handicap. Under construction and room was filthy. Heater/air conditioner full of dirt, lamp shades full of holes and holes in walls. This was the most discusting room we have ever had. They should have paid us to stay there. Worse ever

Does not represent Quality Inn
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

They replaced carpet with laminated flooring which is slippery and I fell when getting out of the bed. They no longer have a "window" shower curtain or a multi function shower head. They replaced waffles with pancakes

Bed was comfortable

it provided a place to lay my head and sleep ..
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

they had renovations taking place, dust from plaster being readied for painting, workmen in the way, typical of renovating the whole interior of a house .. very messy, unfinished walls torn down, doorways incomplete, electrical cords that you had to walk around and over at times .. I'm sure when it's all over, this is going to be a very nice place to stay.

there was an onsite Mexican restaurant that was awesome .. comfy beds and typical hotel breakfast.

I've tried this hotel twice, next time is somewhere else.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel has been in a state of disrepair for several years. Some of the repairs look like they were done very cheaply. Hard surface floor in the room looked new but gave me a Motel-6 feel. This added to the noisy mini-fridge, it didn't dampen the noises in the room. The "free breakfast" was very poor. I don't choose a place based on breakfast, but I should have passed on this one and gone to a restaurant or fast food joint. Cold biscuits and egg squares, luke warm gravy. Only one choice of yogurt and pastry. Gave me the impression of providing a breakfast at the cheapest cost.

The price was fair. Check in was painless. Looks like they are trying to make improvements.

Very disappointed!
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was green, garbage cans in lobby bathroom were full no toilet paper. People had used hand towels and had put them in trash can with waste on them. Furniture in Lobby and carpet was filthy. Overall appearance of hotel was badly in need of repair. Eggs were rubbery and Coffee maker wouldn't work. Cane out like water.

Bed was comfortable

Totally unacceptably ! We would like our money BACK !
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Look at the above statement ....only one coffee in room No coffee in dining room at all!!!!!!!!!! Only two bath towels no hand towels . No bath soap. REALLY???

??????? Everything was gone by 8:26 am. Some black/brown substance in sink

Pretty bad.

Property is in the process of renovation; however, normal maintenance is severely lacking. Extremely run down and in need of so many repairs, the renovations do not appear to be helping much. Dirty room. Littered grounds. Not a good experience.

Bed was comfortable.

Would not recommend it, at least until remodeling is finished.

The hotel grounds were dirty and looked like a 3rd world country. Trash cans were overflowing. There was trash on the ground in many places. They were in the process of remodeling and a lot of the old materials (couches, bed frames, mattresses, dressers, doors, sheet rock) that had been removed from the hotel was overflowing from dumpsters and just piled up in the parking lot. I don't expect luxury for the price I paid, but I didn't expect it to feel like I was in a 3rd world country.

The room was clean and cool. The staff was cordial and respectful.

the lobby was filthy, said they were remodeling, but it...
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

the lobby was filthy, said they were remodeling, but it still should've been clean. Couldn't find anyone when I wanted to check out so I just left! They had my credit info-will not stay there again

Don't eat here.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast area needs updated. No fruit available. Eggs were cold as well as sausage warmer needed replaced. Gravy was in an old nasty looking Crockpot. Go to Walmart spend some money to update.

Room was comfortable

Good room but bad wifi.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi didn't work. I called the front desk twice and they evidently didn't succeed in getting us wifi. When it did work it only lasted a couple of minutes and then went out. Don't advertise wifi when it only works for 2 minutes.

The room was very nice.

Do Not Stay Here!!'

The facility was disgusting. The smell in the lobby hit in you in face as soon as you walked in. The carpet was nasty. The couches in the lobby were stained and gross. I didn't want to touch anything. The guy at the counter was less than helpful. Disorganized to say the least. The smells throughout the hotel were awful. The room itself looked nice but upon further look it was obvious that no one cleaned it after the last visit. The shower water pressure was weak and the shower was dirty. The A/C while cold did nothing for the humidity in the room and was very loud. We had a king size bed and the pillows were no bigger than what I might use for a very small child. Overall it was terrible and I can't believe I wasn't my money. Will never stay again. FYI it might be a good idea to let people know that the hotel is under some sort of renovation. Caution tape in random places makes it look more like a crime scene than renos.

Absolutely nothing. If I could have gotten my money back I would have slept in my car instead.

Breakfast was good, not the juice.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Motel and restaurant could have worked together to let us know what it was like. As it turned out, food was very tasty and good wait staff

Breakfast was good, not the juice. Room was staffed but not friendly

Keep on driving

see above. Very dirty

Let me begin by saying there were bugs, dead and alive all over the floor in the morning. The air conditioner unit was extremely noisy (extremely). Spots on the sheets that I didn't notice until am. We would not have stayed there except we were tired from driving from Mo to Co. Awful, awful_ just keep driving! The location was the only positive.

Good value but poor wifi.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi was not stable. You paused for a few minutes and had to log in again. And then, very slow. We use it to plan our route so that was really annoying!

Clean, large, renovated room. Close to HWY and some fast food restaurants.

When we got down to breakfast, almost all of the different...
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

When we got down to breakfast, almost all of the different kinds of food had run out. There was one person running between the desk and the breakfast area. She had not watched her amounts on the food. We were not the only ones waiting for food. When we finally did get food 20 minutes later, it was cold. It would've been good food, had it been hot.

Better than it looks
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Exterior sign was broken and weeds were out of control. Like I said they are working on fixing things

This property is undergoing extensively renovations. If we hadn't booked it online we wouldn't have stopped. Our room had been updated. We didn't hang around for breakfast and were unable to get the internet to work. We didn't ask for help, so that is on us.

This wont be on my list to stay again.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Filters in air conditioner were filthy, poor selection for breakfast, grounds and stairwell to room filthy, outside garbage cans overflowing, room next to a room with dog barking. Just felt dirty leaving room. Toilet wouldn't flush either. Dead bugs in bathroom light.

Convenient to find.

I'm 70 and have stayed at a lot of motels but this the worst stay I have ever had at a motel.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Non responsive staff. Was told room was remodeled but the sink and tube fixtures appeared to be used as they were stratched, dirty and constuction quality was very poor. Hallways were very dirty and the construction company made no effort to keep it clean nor did the motel. Motel was clearly understaffed as when I was checking in woman approached the front desk to complain about a fight going on in room 135. The clerk said he was the only person on duty and would handle the fight when he was done with me. I told the lady to call 911 or police which is something I thought the clerk should have automatically done as the women indicated the fighting was very serious. Checking out in the morning there was only one clerk on duty and apparently no maids either as another woman asked the clerk for a towel so her husband could clean up some orange juice he spelled. The women was told by the clerk that she was the only person on duty and that she would get her a towel when she was finished waiting on me. Overall I will never stay at this motel again and will not promote it to my family and friends.

Needs Work
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The room renovation looked good but curtains were torn and didn't close well. Low water volume in bathtub. Hot and cold water switched. Grounds weren't maintained. Food in restaurant wasn't hot when served. Hopefully renovacation includes exterior as well.

The room renovation looked good. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Restful and breakfast got us off to a great start!
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

A soap dish beside sink would help and not sure small fridge worked well. Ground level room would have been easier for luggage and walking dogs.

Comfortable bed. Nice furniture. Great variety and flavorable breakfast!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great little hotel
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub and hardwood floors in the room needed better cleaning. With just a little more attention to housekeeping, this will be a very nice hotel. There was no bedside lamp. I didn't make any complaints. I was too tired. I am sure the staff would have fixed the little problems.

The front desk and other staff were very nice and helpful. Being pet friendly was most important to me and my 2 kitties. The location was great. After driving many hours on the day I stayed here, it was in the right place to stop driving and rest for the day. It even has a nice Mexican restaurant located in the lobby.

Breakfast was nice.

There were cars in the parking lot playing their music very loudly that you could hear it in your room. Really didn't feel comfortable walking outside.

Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Location good.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Motel was being renovated. Trash and old toilets and other building materials all around. I would not go there again.

Location good. Easy to find off the exit. Across the street from 2 or 3 restaurants.

Nice

Shower needs re caulked. Roofers started before we were awake. Snow wasn't cleared where we needed to roll our luggage . My sister slipped and fell into parking lot, luckily wasn't hurt.

Beds soft. Close to highway. Fun places to eat nearby. Better than other hotels near by. Friendly staff . Helped us with doors

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Nice for price.

I wish the bathroom door opened out, hard to step in and close it. Missed having a bedside lamp.

The desk clerk rushed and opened the front door for us, due to our age and terrible wind.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

I was charged 2 times and I'm not able to be refunded.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I was charged 2 times and I'm not able to be refunded. Was charged on my Amex thru booking.com and on my visa at the hotel. So a 3 night stay costed 600 instead of 300 and no one will correct the problem

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The water in the tub ran all night long.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact the water ran all night

The water in the tub ran all night long. There was large calcium deposits on the tub. Mold around the handle in the shower. Found someone's socks under the bed skirt

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Horrible Room
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel had one staff member that was talking to her friend for quite a while before she attended to us even after her friend told her we were standing there. When we got into the room we could barely get the door open we had to body slam it every time we needed back in our room. The shower literally ran all night long and not with a drip drip drip it was a steady flow. The shower also had mold around the ring of the drain. The walls had spackle around the door in the bathroom that hadn't been tended to after they fixed. My dogs found someone else's dirty socks in the room too. When we ate the restaurant in the hotel the bartender did not want to tend to us until my husband started speaking Spanish to him.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Comfortable
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Booked here because it said there was a spa n pool. Sign on pool door said out of service.

Comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Adequate stopover point for trip to CO.....maybe they will have renovation done when I return next.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

To be fair....the hotel is going through some renovation work and therefore not the best time to stay.

Wifi was good.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2019

Very nice.

Very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

pool was closed and it smelled bad by pool area

pool was closed and it smelled bad by pool area

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

Will not stay there again.

Rooms were not clean and the drains were stopped up. Stains on the bedding. Musty smell and lobby restrooms were closed.

Location and price.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

OK
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

cleanliness of the place and it needs renovation.

It was an average facility for the price we paid

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Bed was okay.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Non smoking smelt like smoke. Staff wasn't to friendly. Breakfast was gross. Water pressure was bad.

Bed was okay.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

Great place, good price
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable place to say. Nothing fancy but just what I needed!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Convenient
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room they put us in had been used. 2nd room was ok but not too clean. Sink and shower backed up. Stains on walls dirty bathtub.

Convenient

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Well worth the price & location
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, cleanliness, resurfacing the pool and will look amazing!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Was enjoyable

N/a

They are friendly and helpful and have a good breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Easy access
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Was old and run down. Nothing like the pictures. Outside of property was in terrible shape. Would not recommend.

Easy access

Do not book
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

room was scary multiple patched holes in wall that were not painted, bathroom door locked me in for a time and the property was not maintained

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

entry area had a bad smell.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

entry area had a bad smell. plug ins did not work in bathroom or beside bed.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very good

Easy access from 70 Quiet Comfortable bed

Not well maintained.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

My room was off to the side where trash was located. There was a full inch gap between the door and the floor when closed. Need I say more?

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Quality Inn Colby traveller photo gallery