Reviews of Quality Inn Davenport - Maingate South This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

44199 HIghway 27, Davenport, FL 33897, United States of America

#14 of 34 hotels in Davenport

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Grear customer service f, the convenient of the location, which made up for the o
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very out dated, some sockets outlets didn't work.. Door would jam so it always took us 4-6 tries with the key before the door would unlock and we could actualy get into our room, that was fustrating. Bed not comfortable and way too small.

Love the great customer service from each staff. Good continental breakfast.. Great location convient to many tourist sites and attractions.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Good deal for the money!

Better beds

It was okay for what we needed it for. Clean which is important. Beds were okay not the best I have slept in and not the worst. Free breakfast was good, lots of choices. Staff was friendly. No issues.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

2 horrible nights
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was rickety and too squishy. The blanket was paper thin. There was a small spider on one of the beds and a bug on the wall when I first arrived. It just felt unclean there.

It was close to where I was having my conference.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

The service and breakfast was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of the bed had a hole in the mattress and was very difficult to have a good night rest Room 151 bed next to the window need to be replaced

The service and breakfast was great

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

We were there to watch our son play baseball. No our son's team was not at this hotel.

We were not impressed with the college baseball players that had a 1 a.m. curfew. :( There were some players that were in the next room. Was not impressed that they were not quiet at all at 1 in the morning. Every friggen morning. Thought that maybe the coach would have talked to them about being quiet.

Mickey Mouse pancakes were different, but were very good! Coffee was good. We didn't really like the breakfast pizza things, but overall the breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

I come to Florida every year at least once sometimes more, I will not be back at your facility again

Holes worn in mattress, cleaning person came to door after dark, walls looked dirty, door was very difficult to open every time, Wi-Fi Sucked.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

overall, everything was fine..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have breakfast till 10 instead of nine. Some like to sleep till at least 9. Then you have to hurry for breakfast. to make it before nine. Did not like that.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

This hotel was quite nice. It was quiet, had great amenities, and a very nice staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon calling the hotel, I was originally told the pet fee was $15 per night, which was true, but I was not told about the extra fees per night along with it. It seemed like more of a trucker stop than a family location (probably due to close proximity to I4.) Still, there were a few families present.

The staff was very kind, the yard for airing pets (which they kindly placed us near) is extremely spacious, the breakfast was great,the pool was clean, and the shower was very spacious! Overall, it was a great hotel.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Convienent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk personnel are very unfriendly. In the morning they guard the food and make sure you don't carry out anything back to your room. They can be very rude also.

Convienent. Close to restaurants

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Very nasty Motel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were garbage bags sitting at the entrance door to the room The bathroom smelled like a very loud scent of urine. The bathroom was dirty - the tub looked like a public bathtub There were burn marks all over the bathroom sink. The room had a smell of urine soaked in the carpet (very nasty for it to be a Ramada property)

Noth

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

bad experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

rugs torn,mattress worn out, paint peeling on walls,towel racks hanging by one screw, coffee maker filthy cobwebs on lamps, would not stay again!!!

front desk person very friendly&polite

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Good location for a stop over, the staff very pleasant and helpful it's a pity the room lets it down
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room needed updating and modernising, it had a musky smell when you walked in like the room hadn't been used since the 70's

Staff were very pleasant and helpful, the place was clean and tidy. The room was clean and the bathroom was too, everything worked.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Place to sleep but not to hang out and enjoy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tv small and bad reception. Old and a bit run down. Lot of activity in parking lot due to commercial truck parking so it got noisy early in the morning, like 4 am

Comfortable but dated and a bit run down. We needed a pet friendly hotel in the area and this worked

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

My Davenport Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I ask for a first floor room because of My mother and when we check in they told me they have to bill me $10 extra per Night cause those rooms have fridge and Micro.

It was clean, Good location and very Good attitude of the employees I will stay again

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

The hotel was convenient, clean, and the gentleman at the front desk was friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was participating in a Disney race and would have liked a refrigerator. The platform that the mattresses are on make them noisy when you sit on them and anytime you move when you are sleeping.

The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Overall, it was a nice stay; quiet and comfortable. We would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little disappointed by the staff's knowledge of the American's with Disabilities Act and the section pertaining to "service animals." We had to show documentation to prove our service animal was registered even though we clearly stated that we were bringing one when we booked.

The location was ideal for our planned trip. It was easily accessible from the highway. Quiet and peaceful sleep.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Nice Stay at Quality Inn Maingate South
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our only complaint was the the dog smell. There should be designated rooms for pets, so people who don't have pets won't have to deal with the smell. As far as maintenance is concerned, there was a loose small rectangular tile along one end of the tub, some caulking needed behind the toilet, and a hanging loose handle on the bottom drawer of the microwave stand. All minor, but noticeable.

The staff was excellent! Every one of them! Our entry card did not work, and the nice girl who was servicing the rooms helped by calling the front desk, and got us in. Unfortunately, the room spelled like a wet dog, so they were very accommodating and gave us another room. Another employee came in and refreshed the scent in that room. The maintenance (?) man obtained more pillows for us. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good the first day, and the attendant was right on the ball, and very friendly with everyone. The second morning, we had eggs and sausage. There were also many other good things from which to choose!

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed needed to be replaced. Saggy and not very comfortable.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't get him name but he works the evening shift. Thumbs up.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Nice cheap hotel near Orlando
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was unappealing. Eggs and bacon seemed undercooked.

Desk clerk at night was very accommodating and friendly. Went out of his way to bring my daughter extra blankets.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Keep driving
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were really bad. Next to the highway at a stop light so many loud cars would sit there just long enough to wake you up. The bed was so worn out that you couldn't sit on the edge without it dumping you out of the bed.

The guy who checked us in was very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

Short stay it was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

better mattress longer time frame for breakfast first floor accomodations

It was ok there was an up charge for the first floor first time that I've come across additional costs 1st floor

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Only if it was the last hotel in Orlando...

Terrible customer service. Ridiculous rules. Got there at 2:42 for a 3:00 check in and was sent outside to wait until 3:00. Room was ready. 6 cars in parking lot. Not a soul in the lobby. Seriously? Wanted to play cards at 9:00 pm so we went to the breakfast area and sat at one of the tables. The desk clerk came in and said we couldn't sit in there because he shut the 24 hour front desk down at 9:00 and when the night clerk comes in at 10:00 he would be mad if we were in there. We have done it at other Choice hotels and never had a problem. I could see if we were rowdy or making a mess but we not at all. The bed has to be at least 20 years old. Feels like a bunch of springs with a little fabric covering it. Came back after a long day and our key card had somehow reset itself and we couldn't get in. Fortunately the 24 hour front desk was still open. My brother in law had a very hard time getting his room to lock but was told he couldn't be moved because the hotel was booked up which was a complete lie! I will NEVER stay at another Quality Inn!

Convenient location for us. Room was clean except for the carpet.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Upgrade charge!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I Was charged an additional $20 a day to upgrade to a room with a refrigerator and microwave... even though I was told my room would have these items prior to my arrival...

Location only

• Reviewed: March 5, 2017

VERY AVERAGE AT BEST
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

VERYYY DATED, DOORS TO ROOMS VERY HARD TO OPEN, BEDS NOISEY AND SMALL. WINDOWS LET ALL THE ROAD NOISE IN. JUST OLD AND THEY NEED TO PUT MONEY IN RENOVATIONS.

BREAKFAST STAFF WERE VERY GOOD, FOOD WAS GOOD. LOCATION IS GOOD.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2017

We enjoyed our seven day stay and would stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds could have been a little better and pillows were terrible !

The breakfast was delicious !! The staff was very friendly and always asked if there was anything we needed!!

• Reviewed: February 28, 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Traffic noise was horrible. Guests in adjacent rooms were loud and disturbing. Trash pickup at the nearby Waffle House began at 6:00 am and woke us up. Beds were not comfortable. Price for the rooms were totally inflated compared to the comfort of the facility most likely due to its proximity to Disney. Will not ever stay there again and will probably not choose any Quality Inn facility again.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2016

Poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I request a ground floor when I got there they wanted to put me in the second then they charged me 10 dollars more for the room, also I asked them not to charge my credit card for the room so I paid cash, when I check out in morning noticed they charged my credit card fir the. Room not happy

Breakfast, shower

• Reviewed: October 8, 2016

Disappointed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had upstairs rooms,, I asked for 1st floor rooms because my Mother-in-Law has a difficult time with stairs. My toilet wouldn't flush unless you held the handle down for about 3 minutes.

It had great places for my dogs to go outside.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Needs better beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very uncomfortable beds and bathrooms

Front desk and Attendant

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Pool looked unsafe

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Good location for visiting our family in the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish I'd had the option for the AARP discount.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Staff and breakfast/ coffee

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Fine, a bit pricey.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The exterior was outdated. Odd the only thing you could take back to your room from the continental breakfast was coffee.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Condition of room, it smelled

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Very disappointed.

Hotel Staff was not friendly, fridge was smelly, room was not clean and comfortable.

Location was within close proximity to my business meetings.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Flexible staff.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

My stay was unpleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, floors and carpet. The bathroom was dirty too and there was dust everywhere.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Not happy

Refer to question 3

Beds sheets were dirty ! No comforter on the bed😡😡😡 tv to small not worth 150.00

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Great staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They need new beds very squeaky

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

I loved the hotel and how clean everything was .
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the breakfast area is small end up having to go outside to eat because there was no tables to sit.

great pillows

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Smell of room and if it's a quality inn it should have...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell of room and if it's a quality inn it should have some quality too it.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

It was quiet but walls were so thin that I could hear a...

Bed was uncomfortable.

It was quiet but walls were so thin that I could hear a discussion taking place next door.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Good value accommodation for a short stay

Nice bed, clean room

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

Very enjoyable stay.

Very enjoyable stay. Staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Very comfortable and quiet

Very comfortable and quiet

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Enjoyable quite stay.

Not a lot really.

Very clean rooms,great breakfast always being topped up,very nice big pool and area.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Good value hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no printing center for boarding pass

Breakfast good. location good. rooms clean.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Property was clean as were the rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location difficult to get to surrounding areas with out make several U Turns

Property was clean as were the rooms

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

It wasa good location for my get away.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

Good location, with easy access to shops and dining.

Good location, with easy access to shops and dining.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Good stay for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom need tobe a little bit more clean

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

A Good Value for the Money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a nice hotel for the money. It is not a new property, but it is well-maintained. I'd stay there again.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Never again!

Never again!!

• Reviewed: April 9, 2017

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

Only if you need a pet friendly environment

almost everything

pool; nothing else

• Reviewed: March 10, 2017

Good for an overnight stay

The price and location

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Good breakfast :-) iron in the room - highly appreciated!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast :-) iron in the room - highly appreciated! Nice swimming pool...very helpful staff

• Reviewed: January 21, 2017

Convenient location

Convenient location

• Reviewed: January 10, 2017

Good Stay Near Orlando Airport..Disney
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little dated and worn on the exteriors...

Friendly...clean room...Great AM Breakfast with mini Hot Buffet!

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Awesome Stay

Everything was good.

Hospitality and the cleaness

• Reviewed: December 16, 2016

70 style carpet

From the look of the property and the carpet in the room Elvis Presley could have stayed there and enjoy color scheme of the carpet

• Reviewed: November 28, 2016

Room could have had a small refrigerator and microwave

Room could have had a small refrigerator and microwave

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Great location near Orlando attractions, and great price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a musty smell to it throughout the stay.

Great location near Orlando attractions, and great price.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2016

It was very clean

• Reviewed: October 5, 2016

DESK MABAGER Dalton

DESK MABAGER Dalton

• Reviewed: May 21, 2016

The price of the room.

Double bed didn't seem like a double. More like a twin and a half! Not the most comfortable mattress we've slept on. Also senior folks could use a higher toilet.

The price of the room. However it would have been nice to know that it meant we'd be on the second floor and would have to pay $20 more for a ground floor. The room was very clean and the shower was great.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2016

Towels and washcloths new light and fluffy

I paid the advertised price in advance and asked for a first floor room due to wife's disability. Upon arrival was given key to 2nd floor room and told 1st floor would be $30 per night more. Classic "bait and switch", unethical at best, illegal at worst. Staff was uncaring. Chipped paint on walls in room, no refrigerator, no comfortable chairs, no pool, etc, etc. Would not stay here again for half the money

Towels and washcloths new light and fluffy

• Reviewed: November 23, 2015

Great breakfast, friendly staff and close to Omni and Disney

Room A/C was off at arrival and room very stuffy, bathroom remodel was by hatchet contractor, no elevator, beds kinda lumpy.

Great breakfast, friendly staff and close to Omni and Disney

• Reviewed: March 24, 2015

The staff was very friendly and made the check in super easy.

The only negative comments are the room I was in had no fridge/microwave(I emailed a request through the booking site but got no reply) and I got lost trying to find the room

The staff was very friendly and made the check in super easy. It is located next to onevof my fav restuants....

• Reviewed: March 17, 2015

After a terrible night, a shower with strong pressure was...

The counter boy very estressed all time was said: booking.com "they are to blame for all this" The reservation made in booking and confirmed just was inexistent in the hotel. Imagine big family in only one bed. Omg The pool dirty and green. And many bugs floating No sofa bed. The game room with maybe 10 game machines only 4 in function.

After a terrible night, a shower with strong pressure was simply relaxing. Thank for that. And the breakfast area very very small and dark but, by the price me and my family finally enjoy the morning. So that good too.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2016

It could have been a little cleaner.

It could have been a little cleaner.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2016

Location and breakfast

Breakfast over early on weekdays

Location and breakfast

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.