Reviews of Quality Inn East Haven - New Haven 2 stars

30 Frontage Road, East Haven, CT 06512, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in East Haven

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The condition of my room was poor. The pipes under the sink leaked. The toilet seat looked like it had been chewed up. The iron has some kind of buildup on it that discolored a shirt of mine. There was no light switch near the door so you had to fumble your way to a lamp halfway across the room to turn on lights. The room also smelled musty. Everything except the bed linens (which were fine) looked worn out. Overall the place seems terribly neglected. Visitors should also know that the hotel is right off a big highway so you hear cars at least from rooms in the front.

Room smelled of pets perhaps.first room bathroom doorknob broken so they gave us another room. Second room smelled and had ripped carpet. Small pillows. No elevators. If you’re driving through and need a place to sleep I guess it is ok, but other than that I wouldn’t stay there again personally

WiFi was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast. Styrofoam plates and bowls. I’m no eco warrior but really? Microwaveable omelet. An honest hard boiled egg would have been preferable. Could not separate my coffee cup from the sleeve of others without fondling all the other cups. Who had to fondle mine beforehand? The only fresh fruit was an apple - lucky if it wasn’t bruised. My table was not cleaned and when I pulled out my chair to sit my fingers got sticky. Required washing. And not just the guests tables and chairs, the whole buffet area needs regular attention.

I suppose it’s good to have designated smoking and non-smoking rooms. We requested a non smoking room. Upon entering we were greeted with a faint air of stale smoke. Debatable? Maybe, but there was an obvious cigarette burn hole in the bed cover. The whole hair dryer contraption came off in my hand when I tried to remove just the device. Free paper in the lobby! Yeah!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Busy area, if you are looking for quiet. Wasn't as clean as I would've liked. Plastic toilet handle broken off, burn holes in chairs, and light fixtures were all off kilter. Found a small "baggie" of something in the bathroom.

Located just off a highway, close to stores. Easy in and out parking. Only 10 minutes from Yale and New Haven, CT. Good place to stop in just to sleep. Free breakfast, Ed's were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a way to secure the curtains around the window for a bit more privacy, but managed to get them to stay closed in the end.

Very clean and easy to get settled. Right near several major highways, so it makes an excellent stopover if you get in to the New Haven area late at night or need to break a trip along the east coast corridor.

the low variety of breakfast besides not caring for other people who don't eat ham or pork even when I told them.

the shower room. the cleanliness. the maids are super workers, and I do appreciate their great efforts.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible location, horrible room, super small bathroom, you hit your knees with the wall when using the toilet. Bed mattress felt like a hammock , need to be replaced ASAP. The noise from Trucks departing at 4 and 5 am was very loud. You could hear the people walking in the room above you. I could go on and on but I will just say, find somewhere else to stay unless you are a truck driver on a very short pit stop. Anything is probably better than sleeping in the truck I guess. Otherwise stay away, you can do much better. Breakfast was pretty good.

Breakfast was pretty good.

Everything was GREAT/

Met by friendly, professional people. The room was clean. The Hotel was quiet. When my grandkids , which is who I traveled with are happy, safe and comfortable so am I. Thank You so much.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside room was smaller than the inside rooms. It was not comfortable because of the size of the bed. Also the electricity kept going out. Our alarm went off every time. It was two nights of interrupted sleep.

Location. It was close to where I was visiting and easy to get to.

we had the king size non smoking room and it was perfect! the tub in the bathroom was jetted so i had a nice bath. the staff in the morning were very accommodating and even helped with breakfast. overall great stay, would definitely go back again!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel lobby was very cold,felt as though no heat was on. We were given a room that when we entered it was almost as cold as the outside & very dingy. Breakfast was less than continental,no hot items very few things that you could actually eat for breakfast. First hotel I’ve been to that pre-charges you for room on check in not after your stay is over,only stayed 1 night switched hotels for our 2nd nights stay.. upon checkout was informed to check to make sure I wasn’t charged for 2 nights? when we already prepaid for 1 night on check in??

Hotel was located next to Chili’s & small shopping plaza that was convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast menu could use some variation

Clean, comfortable bed and pillows, ideal location, helpful staff, free parking, great price! There was a mistake with our bill which I saw when we got back home. The Quality Inn staff were very helpful in the refund process.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We asked for early check-in,but didn't get it. We had to stay in another hotel until our room was ready. One of the maids came in our room before we even checked out.It was a very stressful weekend to begin with;So much so that my fiancee ended up getting sick (seizures)because of all the stress.

Breakfast was good. People at front desk were very friendly.

When I arrived, the front desk was unstaffed. I had to wait around 20 minutes for the guy to show up and check me in and he returned smelling strongly of weed but claimed he was "helping another customer." The hotel did not seem to be in the best part of town. Walls are very thin, so I could hear everything in the room next to me even though they weren't being that loud.

The room itself was okay in terms of cleanliness and comfort

The price could of had a better discount, since we were there for 5 nights. Overall it was fine.

Breakfast was great. Bed very comfortable and room was clean. The staff were very nice and helpful.

A little variety in the breakfast menu will make it perfect

The warm and friendly accommodation specifically by Francisco; Superb housekeeping staff; Brandon’s help; etc

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet was backed up and when called down to the front desk for maintenance or even a plunger nobody ever came we spent the night and the next morning when we left and when I spoke to somebody at the front desk they were like oh didn't say I'm sorry didn't say anything else so we spent the night in a hotel without the use of the bathroom

We could hear next room TV until late at night - bad insulation. Windows facing hallway so people can look inside room. Absolutely not wheelchair friendly. There was literally only one room that my mother-in-law was able to access, and that room seemed neglected, was smelly, and had a small bed that can barely fit too people. It was a big dissappointment.

I had absolutely no complaints...none!

The staff was exceptional...polite, respectful, professional and helpful. Brandon, who checked me in late at night, was one of the most delightful and polite receptionists I have ever met anywhere. Well done, Brandon! The room was quiet, clean, and well appointed. The WiFi and television worked perfectly and there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. I was able to park right in front of the room. The breakfast was excellent...eggs, sausage, all types of bread/rolls/bagels, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, orange juice, pineapple juice, waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, milk...what more could you ask for? I could not have been happier.

all of the above.

eggs were hard and dry. room had broken night safety lock upon arrival, had to ask for another room or a refund before the staff would call for maintainance to repair. room was not clean my wife had to dust the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had a problem with the room's door (a screw was missing so the handle was loose and it was hard to close the door from outside) and we didn't get a solution, we had to deal with it and find the way to close it next day

The breakfast was really good, clean rooms and nice staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

DO NOT STAY HERE. I woke up with my legs absolutely covered in bites from bed bugs. Absolutely filthy and the hotel has yet to respond to my complaint. Ruined an entire trip I have been planning and looking forward to for months.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are not enclosed meaning you enter your room outdoors and not enclosed

It was centrally located close to my destination. Close proximity to tjmax, etc.

Too few tables for the number of guests eating breakfast. Maybe the Inn could put out card tables and chairs for the morning rush.

The bed was WONDERFUL. There was an old yellow streetcar out in front.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It had ants and their were ceiling cracks. The bathroom had some floor and ceiling issues and a beat up looking towel rack.

The room was clean and staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Originally given a room that was not cleaned. Then we were upgraded to a better room. Breakfast is very poor. Low quality. No hot food, except dry sausages.

Easy to get to and park

Cleaness, location, noise, breakfast.

Definitely I would like to express my gratitude to the receptionist Lucille,who changed our room after we complained of cigarette smell and did everything to make our stay more pleasent and comfortable. Hope the hotel has more excellent employees like Lucille...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room. The carpet area near the batbroom waa wet.

The motel was over priced. I got a much nicer hotel downtown New Haven the following night for less.

Staff was not friendly or helpful. In the middle of the night people tried to get into our room which caused distress and interrupted our sleep. It turned out that they gave the key to our room to someone else. When I called and complained, instead of apologizing, they disabled our keys so we could couldn't get it next time we left the room. The bathroom walls were dirty and had hair on them. The room smelled really badly. Coincidentally, the day we stayed at the property our credit card was compromised (someone used it to charge a bunch of expensive things!)

the bed was fine

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We stayed in Room 115. On arrival, we spent 15 minutes finding the room, and the guy at the reception did not know exactly where the room was located!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

when I arrived at the hotel the room was not redid and I had wait, 30 min more. and the room they gave me was a crappy room the bed was uncomfortable, and smells like a dog. breakfast is supposed to be until 10 am and bay 9 am they already have everything collected.

I liked the second room that I got very good. very good and very comfortable bed. for what I paid the room was the right one. for my opinion all the rooms should be comfortable with good beds!!!!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When you read about it,they make it sound like you can walk to the beach.The beach was about 3-4 miles away

The price was fair.They had a computer you could use

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly enough but the accommodations had alot to be desired.....was surprised to see a quality Inn still with outside doorways....felt unsafe...The room was clean but old.....I expected noise from the interstate but not the motorcycles that drove in after midnight.... I won't be staying here again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a faint smell of paint in our room when we entered, but the window could be opened, so the smell soon disappeared.

We've been upgraded to an inside room in the hotel, which, considering the weather, was very nice. The room itself was very good - spacious and nicely furnished, with a coffee machine and a big beatiful window. The breakfast was decent - fruit, cornflakes, toasts, even waffles! Also, Francisco, who checked us in, is a very nice person! It's good value for money and I definetely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room and the facilities we dirty yucky gross. Lots of unsavory creatures lurking in the night. Not somewhere I would stay with children but for a single person it rates low too. Not a very good value for the money either. I've stayed at way better hotels for 80$ a night

The girl at the front desk was very polite very helpful one of the best staff that I have encountered.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Difficult to pay for room when hotel dos not keep any change under 20.00, you have to go somewhere else an bring them back exact change. Door keys work once then me being disabled have the walk all the way around building 2 nights in a row to get new keys. Hard to sleep when pillows feel like a bag of potato`s finally rolled up my own pants an used that for a pillow. Hard to sleep when wall banging music coming though the door after 12:30am or vehicles with no mufflers left running outside. Bring your own blankets, bed hard as a rock and sheets an blankets on bed you could read the newspaper through. When you go to check in take a chair you`ll be awhile.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

The location was on a noisy street, you could hear trucks and cars loudly and breakfast was only till 9am and the selection was too limted

Clean room but only gave enough towels for one person

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was cozy. The beds a little small. The bathroom fixture around the sink needed maintenance.

It was conveniently located to places I wanted to go. It was right off of the highway. Walking distance from chili's

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You could tell the cleaning staff was doing their best, but the old bones of the hotel and a less than efficient maintenance staff was half-assing repairs. Have some pride in your work.

Location, staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The heating system took awhile to kick in and there was no elevator

king size bed was very comfortable... the bathroom was spacious with excellent lighting. The staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air con was leaking and very noisy, the phone in the room didn't work, guys doing burn outs in the car park, wedding party very noisy all night. Running machine didn't work properly, TV in the "gym" didn't work

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish more had been offered at breakfast. Yogurt and fresh fruit would of been a good option.

The gal at the front desk was very nice. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable. Room had a smoke smell. From the pictures I expected to get an inside room, not one that opened directly outside (security concerns). Was told I had to request that in the comments section when booking. This should be mentioned on the website.

Friendly staff. Good location. Hot/ cold breakfast was good. Room was made when we returned.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The place is a bit old fashioned and there are some problems with the equipment. In the room we were first given, the card did not work and the lock had to be reprogrammed, and once unlicked the door did not open properly. However, the staff was very nice and eventually gave us a different room that had no problems.

Conveniently located next to highway 95 and not far from New Haven City center (10 min drive). Perfect for visiting the city and the university at a more moderate cost than the downtown hotels. We had a room in the back and the windows are sound proof, thus we were not bothered at all by the traffic noise.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Motel had lots of guests working locally who made lots of noise too early in the morning!

Friendly & helpful staff Great pool Great dining options close by Close to beach

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Vacant rooms were left unlocked which caused us to accidentally go to wrong room. Fitness facility did not have air conditioning and one machine was broken.

Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean. Right off highway.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast can be improve especially the coffee. It is ok though.

The property is located very close to Yale and as such is a good option to the very expensive hotels there. Accommodations are straightforward and was good enough for 1 night. It's clean and functional.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows were small and not comfortable, the room wasn't clean in the bathroom, hair on the walls and other marks. No microwave in the room.

The location to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were a bit stiff for my preference, and the seals around the outside door were in need of replacement. The breakfast options were largely unappealing.

The location, price, and cleanliness were good, as well as the quick and easy checkout process.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Microwaves in hotel room is the only suggestion (not complaint) I would have. Also room 203's toilet is deteriorating

Waffles were super delish and fluffy! Added bonus for comfy beds and short drive to beach!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room reeked of stale smoke. Stained sheets, uncomfortable bed. Bathroom was dirty. This is the type of "hotel" I would have rather avoided on my trip. I could see dropping $35 on a place like this in Detroit.

Getting back on the road.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Standard styrofoam serving dishes & cups breakfast

Location within easy reach of Yale University at a reasonable price. Good selection of restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

We didn't realize breakfast was over at 9 am and because we were on vacation we went down for breakfast at 9:10 a.m. and breakfast was already over.... so no breakfast for us.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Pillows too soft. Had to book on line to get the good rate, called hotel but it was $30 higher, so we had to sit in car outside of hotel to book rate on line and then walk in at 9:30pm in order to get the rate. At that time of night, the rate should just be given to any caller.

Kingbed mattress was good, coffee was good, did not have time to eat.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

The only thing we had any issues with was the phone didn't work and the air conditioning wouldn't stay on properly so we had to have it on lower then usual.

The room was clean the staff was friendly. The breakfast was an actual breakfast all around good place to stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was ok for the value! Rooms need updated but overall was just ok for a night or two!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very noisy to sleep in the evening

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not bad for the money, clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

some rooms noisy from the nearby highway

spacious room

My daughter's graduation

It was good not great

It was adequate, could use some updating in decor

Located next to chili's

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Too noisy,never felt secure.

Great location to my destination.

More toiletries

Cozy comfortable environment

It was not to clean

Did not like much the pictures on the internet is totally not what I seen when I got there I feel like it was a false advertising

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were ants in my bathroom! The room smelled when we got there. I had to leave the door open to air it out.

easy access to Highway

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WiFi was bad. Didn’t have a microwave in bedroom.

Excellentl localization!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Best thing is to have in door pool with hot tub

Room wasn’t cleaned upon arrival

Big room

The facilities could be better maintained

Good value. Easy access to New Haven. A couple restaurants just a couple steps away.

All walls and rugs throughout the hotel appeared very old and dirty

Bathroom seemed clean

It was kind of cold

The bed was comfy and clean

Room was small