Reviews of Quality Inn Goose Creek 2 stars

103 Red Bank Road, Goose Creek, SC 29445, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Goose Creek

Close to the train tracks. Heard the train several times throughout the night. Breakfast area was extremely small and alot of children touching everything. Didn't appear very clean. We ate breakfast elsewhere.

The check-in was very good. JP was very friendly. The king bed was very comfortable. Shower was great. Water temp and pressure was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Roaches, we saw 2-3 little roaches coming from the furniture, and saw a few more outside near the stairs.

I love the friendliness of the staff I got in contact with, Janice and the fd was very nice and helpful, Penelope was super awesome and very nice as well. The beds were comfortable too.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we got to our room, there were a few gentlemen that had strung an extension cord across the parking lot from the second floor and were doing what appeared to be a complete engine rebuild. Room smelled musty and was a bit beat up. Could not turn on tv or adjust volume without pointing remote behind dresser where direct tv box was located. Also waiting up to several trains passing nearby all night.

The staff was excellent! The name of the staff member escapes me, but she was happy, energetic, and full of suggestions on where to eat and what to see. Penelope staffed breakfast and was an absolute pleasure! She greeted us with a smile and insisted on making my wife's waffle for her..(and burning her finger in the process) When I was getting my breakfast, some egg fell off the serving spoon. Penelope raced across the room to beat me to the clean up. Made my morning.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Lights didn’t work Bathroom filthy Literally beside a train track (think the movie my cousin Vinny) Didn’t feel safe

The pool and the lady in the breakfast room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is only a few meters from a railway line crossing and freight trains ran all through the night blasting their horn continuously The hotel was dirty We were given a key to a room and when we opened the door we were confronted with unmade beds and dirty towels and rubbish strewn across the room We informed reception and they said they would send someone to clean and it would be ready in a few minutes We had to insist before we were given another room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was awesome!! The lady was very friendly, courteous & prompt on refilling items as they got low. It was a very friendly, family oriented hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I was disappointed that the booking.com reservation did not mention I was booking a smoking room. Thankfully, I had febreze on hand . Other wise, the stay would have been unbearable. Also the bathroom shower was not very clean.

The staff at the Quality Inn was very professional and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is not up to the satisfaction. No fresh bagels and cream cheese. No breakfast sausage. Microwave is out of order. Breakfast needs lot improvements

Refrigerator in room 109 did not keep things cold at all

Night time clerk cannot remember his name was very helpful great personality he knew the area well gave us directions to places very very pleased with his service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was traveling with my husband and my two 4 year olds. I walk into my non smoking room. And it smells like smoke. I call down to the front desk and he sends housekeeping to bring me some air freshener. It didn't help they said the couple under neath us is probably smoking in the bathroom and it comes up through the vents. If I could have gotten my money back and went. Somewhwere else I would have. This was unacceptable my tub was even dirty.

The staff was nice and polite.

They double booked our room so at 12:30 in the morning someone else tried to get into our room and woke us up. Because that happened our keys were then no longer usable, not knowing I went down to the car the next morning while my husband was in the shower and got locked out. The main office was also locked. Had to pound on the door to get a housekeeper to answer the door. Also the vent in the bathroom fell off on my husband, the fan was disgusting and super loud, we had to shower in the dark, it was horrible. They didn't fix it, just put the cover back on. Also RIGHT next to the train tracks. Will never stay here again. No one seemed to care.

The shower had great pressure. The bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1st impression- arrived 9pm Thursday night, parking lot full of construction trucks with trailers, taking up multiple spaces. Really wished i had taken pics. Walked to room and smelled marijuana and saw a few shady characters. Guys peeking out of room, behind curtain. Not what I wanted my 14 year old to be around. Near train that is noisy at times. Rooms were cleaned late and not comp lately. Had to get towels ourselves.

Staff was good. Room itself was large and beds were comfortable.

I cannot think of a thing I did not like during my two-day stay.

I really appreciated your allowing me to check in early (12:00 p.m.) upon my request for my first day at your hotel. I also appreciated the use of the computer in the cafe there at your hotel. Thank you for having a Gideon Bible in the drawer to read during the stay in my room. And finally, the staff (Marsha, Janet, Stella, and all the others I encountered were very friendly and helpful towards me). Thank you for everything! I had a very pleasant stay at the Goose Creek Quality Hotel!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small delay in check-in as staff member was required elsewhere. Four people waiting at same time. Staff member processed as quickly as possible once returned but desk was left unattended for about 10+ minutes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had discoloration in the ceiling and a piece of the plaster was missing. The bathtub was very slow to drain.

Location was convenient to where I needed to be. Breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was not a thing I can say I didn't like.

The friendliness of your staff was fantastic. You employ very nice and helpful employees who are very helpful when asked for something. The location was great for us- it was quiet, no rowdiness or loud music. I would stay there again!!

Housekeeping didn't come to our room until after 4:00 pm in the afternoon and we had already come in for the night. Not enough towels.

The room was huge compared to other hotels we stayed in. It was comfortable and roomy. Very well kept.

The air conditioner could have been set before we walked in (at like 72) because once we walked in it was super hot.

Bed was super comfortable. Everything was clean.

All 3 members of desk staff were absolutely excellent. I mentioned this to all 3.All 3 moved with motivation to serve us and others. Cleanliness throughout....especially eating area is excellent also.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The trains right by the facility.

All the staff was extremely friendly, courteous and very very helpful. The accommodations were wonderful, clean and very comfy. The breakfasts were delicious with a wonderful selection. Our whole experience was top notch.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Train ran all night so you could hear it in your room.

Not much choice for breakfast but it was good. Beds were very comfortable and location was perfect.

We were right by a very active train track and we stayed the weekend there and I know that train came through at least 20 times. And we were in a non smoking motel but smoke filled our bathroom because of the guests below us. We reported it several times but the smoking continued. We were offered $10 off of our bill but I don't know why it wouldn't return back to my credit card! 😯😐😑😕

The location was great. Next door to Wendy's and around the corner from KFC. And about 2 miles down the street was more restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacy. Location was perfect.

My preference was non-smoking. Upon entering the room, there was a STRONG odor of smoke resulting in keeping the door open for fresh air. The front desk was contacted regarding the odor. They immediately sent a worker to attempt to remove the odor which didn't work. The location of the Quality Inn Goose Creek is less than one hundred feet from a train track and the train which runs at least every other hour.

The breakfast was good. There was no waiting. There was a nice variety of breakfast food. The staff was on hand to answer questions. Overall breakfast time was the best time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Felt like the room was over priced at $140 per night. The only view was of the back side of Wendy's looking through spooky trees. Trains running all night long blowing their whistles.

The room was fairly descent size. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floors were dirty. Tor nails all on floor. Need good mop and sweeping.and door very very heavy handicap very hard to maneuver.

Everything breakfast was best

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

THE GREETING FROM STAFF AS I ENTERED WAS TREMENDOUS! THEY WERE SO FRIENDLY AND FULL OF JOY! THE ROOM WAS GREAT AND EVERYONE WAS SO HELPFUL WHEN I HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT THE AREA! I WOULD STAY AGAIN!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was clean but smelled of urine. There was no light on the sign so it was difficult to find at night in an unfamiliar area.

The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I prebooked with a debit card, asked the desk to bill it to a credit card. I was told no problem only to find out when I got home, my denit card was charged. Also askedfor first floor, we didn"t arrive until 4 pm. We were told there weren't any towels yet. I said we didnt mind waiting but instead we were given a room on the second floor with a toilet that rocked

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Even though updates the facility was worn. Pool dirty, pool area dirty. The rooms have been patched and I found a bed bug on my bed. They moved us and helped move our things. Disappointed that for the money I paid that we had to deal with the negatives.

The staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was okay. They cleaning staff did a great job.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Linens were dingy...coffee pot cord was crammed into water reservoir ...seat was loose on john...partly used bottle of mouthwash left in tub...tv was in need of repair...no carpet on floor...outside showed signs of a few extended stayers (chairs outside,etc)...smell of smoke in no smoke room...

Beds were comfortable...bath was clean...sink and counter were clean...floor was clean...

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there was no carpeting in any part of the room. It was very hot and humid when I was down there and the floor was actually a bit sticky from the humidity. Plus a bit dirty, but I'm thinking from the same thing. other than that, very neat and clean.

The staff were so friendly and helpful Front desk and the cleaning lady were great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of smoke. Was a non-smoking room

Room very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The politeness displayed by the staff.

Everything was in order and the staff was extremely kind.

To close to the railroad

Easy to get in and out of

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is not clean and it’s really noisy. You can hear the neighbors so easily. Definitely not going back there.

Really good breakfast

Not clean at all!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was alright for what I paid for the weekend stay. We all had a fun time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean and the mattress was torn when I looked under the sheets.

I slept soundly with no noise or distractions.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we had roaches in our room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We have used this hotel and location for 3 years for our Palmetto 200 relay race "rest stop". Thank you for being so accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor but sufficed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lukewarm water at best in shower. Continuously running commode.

Staff/bottle of champagne/helpfulness

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The appearance of the top comforters. They appeared to have stains which me son noticed.

I was very pleased with the pillows and overall cleanliness.

Noise

The train nearby.

The price and close to destination. Our toilet was leaking, it was fixed immediately.

Breakfast ran out of some key items very early

Comfortable bed with nice pillows

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The door was hard to close in room 107..the room was smokey..I wasn't ask if I wanted smoking or non smoking

Good Location

The front desk person Joseph was very kind and helpful. We only stayed there because we got caught in a snow blizzard.

The flooring

For last minute booking , Price and location was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were no extra blankets or pillows in the room

There was a variety of shops in the area and it was very quiet for it to be in such a active area.

Breakfast was exactly the same each morning

Clean and quiet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room and office reeked of cigarette smoke.

Waffle maker

The room was a bit small w two adults and our dogs.

It was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Linens on the beds! All stained and disgusting?? Do you not replace sheets and comforters? That was completely gross!!

Liked location and price

Road noise was a little loud inside the room.

Rush was very helpful and super friendly.

nothing.

hospitality of the staff, cleanliness and comfort.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator for guests with limited mobility

Good breakfast, friendly staff

Hot breakfast, laundry on site, close to the person I was in South Carolina to visit.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

number of trains going by. had difficulty finding correct route to hotel.

Could use a few updates

Very clean, staff was so very friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Mattress was bad. Needed to to be replaced years ago.

They ran out of small wash cloths on day 3 of stay.

Overall the room was quiet even thou I was in a corner unit by the stairs.

Breakfast could be better

The pool was great so warm,the gentleman at the front desk was so friendly and accommodating and the rooms were super clean

The price was great and the night desk person was very very nice.

There was no major issue with the property.

The bed was excellent!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Really bad smell throughout, especially in the room...

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

A/C was noisy. Bathroom door wouldn't close tight. There was a funny smell in the room.

Comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Front desk was excellent

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The Television remote didn't work properly.

There were no eggs on the Buffet on Saturday

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy couple of nights with kids running around late when trying to sleep.

Clean, bed and pillows comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Door was heavy and trains come by every 30 minutes but would stay there again.

Bed was large and comfortable floors were nice and room was clean.