Reviews of Quality Inn Mount Vernon 2 stars

7212 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22306, USA

#29 of 41 hotels in Alexandria

The location was quiet and pool available. Rebecca Murphy Miller was a big help...she responded to my email about late arrival time prior to check in date, plus when we were there, she helped us with enrollment in a rewards program so we could check out at a later time the next day. 11am was too early for us due to getting there so late, and with this, we were able to have the room til 2pm. I was soooooo glad I got to meet her face to face, because it made it more personal experience. Also, the security guard that was on duty the night of arrival (June 8, 2018) was an absolute gem! He showed us the closest parking to our room, plus had talked to my daughter while I was checking in and told her about the rewards program and for me to call in the morning when the day shift person would be working so I could get taken care of promptly. You can't go wrong staying here...very quiet location as well! Also, if you like coffee, or hot tea, they have both regular and decaf and a pot in the room with cream, sugar, or artificial sweeteners and stirrers and a napkin...and the coffee is GOOD! I usually do NOT say that, but it truly is good! They have a safe to lock your stuff up, a fridge and microwave as well. The bathroom is nice, plus there is an area outside the bathroom to get ready as well. Nice flat screen TV too. Plus free breakfast! I definitely will stay here again in the future! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Bugs, dusty room. Carpet needs cleaning. They said it's a non smoking facility. Our room smelled like old smoke.

Not too much. Never again. Our first room had bugs in my bed the first two nights. We were moved to a different room the second night because of the bug in my bed. I took a video

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Booked ahead and swatted for early an hour in the office to get a room. Once in the room a strong chemical smell hit me as soon as I opened the door. Lastly and probably most unforgiving was the hair in the bathtub! Very very unsatisfied.

The only thing worth mentioned was the access to the highway.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Tha AC worked well but it wasn’t powerfully cold. I turned it down to 68 to get it cooled off on the room . It would run and stop warming a bit before turning on and cooling off again. I normally run the AC around 72-74 F for it to be cool enough that I need to pull the blanket up. It did the job but it seemed to be working had to keep it cool.

I have a bad back. The bed was sufficiently firm without being a board. Very comfortable. The shower was hot enough and the water pressure was good without knocking me down. It was close to where I wanted to be for the weekend.

The blankets had spots on them/broken bed and leaking sealing, also had to pack up and change rooms. Management promised me 25% discount on my stay and when i checked out they only gave me 25% off 1 night.

2 night stay and while laying in one of the beds the headboard fell off wall, water dripping from our ceiling. Then on Saturday we left out for lunch when returned the key did not work.

The bed. Room Had an old motel smell. Also I don’t like outside access rooms. Bathroom was nice. Location good. Close to Washington DC

Bad bed. Not the quality found in most Choice Hotels.

Wish it had a bar area for a cocktail

Friendly staff clean rooms. Breakfast was good coffee all day long in the lobby. Easy and close to the D.C. area.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Beds were creaky needs replacement but we’re comfortable enough. Pool empty and area not prepared for the 85 degree days.

Breakfast was great! Rooms were clean.

All the people outside talking and making noise in the parking lot.I don't think most of them were staying there. The room was just okay, it was clean but I didn't think it was a 100 dollars plus every night.

The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

However, the WIFI is really bad, you cannot expect this.. Very poor connection and quality.

Just for one day travel, it is a good place to save money and very comfort.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

It was dirty. Both of our duvet covers were dirty (either make-up or something else) so it made it obvious that they don't wash them. There was hair in the bathtub... It was cheap, so we weren't expecting anything fantastic, just clean. Also, I didn't feel safe. They had security in the lobby, but there were sirens going throughout most the night.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly.

The room was cramped. I had less than 12” between the wall and the foot of the bed to pass through to get to the bathroom. The bathroom was not very clean (hair on the floor). The shower curtain was torn and the bathroom door had a hole at the top of it. You could feel the springs in the mattresses.

The motel was close to the sites we wanted to see. The staff was nice.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Our phone didn't work. The front office staff tried to fix it but to no avail. The shower area was dirty. The front desk clerk was loud and irritated because I did not know my license plate number. She was rather rude and told me that I had to call the front desk with the number or my car would get towed. This is how I found out that the phone did not work.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Breakfast wasn't great as pancake machine wasn't working and hot items ran out quickly, but it was adequate.

When I arrived, I was given a room that had a strong scent of being a prior smoker's room. I was afraid I'd have to find another motel. However, after checking with the front desk, they said they were booked except for some rooms near where remodeling was ongoing and if the noise became a problem to let them know. The new room was wonderful!! The remodeling took place during the day when we were out of the motel, so no problem. Even the construction folks were friendly and considerate of our comfort. The maid service was great and the motel room was older interior but very clean and more than adequate space.

Its under construction and the men began working early on a Sunday morning. It woke me straight up out of a good sleep. Also the hotel was closed in and not the that your hotel door opens to the outside. It reminds me too much like a motel.

It was...location was good.

The WiFi was slow.

The beds was soft, friendly staff, and no problems. It was in a perfect spot to any place I had to go. Not far to the Con my son was attending.

The internet was bad. Maybe the rain was at fault. It kept cutting in and out. I'm glad the kids weren't with me.

The property was clean. The staff was nice. The bed was comfortable.

It was scary. Was traveling solo and the neighborhood was less than acceptable. It was not what I expected when booking.

It was close to a 7/11, if that is something that can be considered good because it's tough coming up with good things.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

My card was charged 2 and my money was not able to be refunded promptly. My bank needs 10 days to investigate. Im already struggling so this was a pain.

Beautiful room very clean

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Warm breakfast left something to be desired. It would be great if the eggs and bacon could be rotated with potatoes and sausage or something else.

Clean and convenient location

Wish breakfast was at least until 10am, pillows were feather so not very firm, and you can tell where corners were cut with recent renovations (i.e. the microwave definitely needs to be replaced).

Staff was nice, location was perfect for us and where we needed to go, and room was pretty decent.

the breakfast was very good and filling , dining area small but outside accommodations were nice with good weather . beds were comfy . easy drive to mt vernon and old town alexandria.

Every thing about the property was very nice. Only wish it was in a better location Staff was friendly food was good. It was our secibd time staying here

Hotel room was stinking of smoke.

I would have scored better had a non smoking room been available as that's what we had booked , hotel staff said the error was on booking.com's site and not the hotels. The room was clean but the stench of smoke was like a belfast bar in the 80'swhen smoking was allowed. Hotel put a machine in room but 3 days later the room still reeked of smoke and so did the three of us.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Strong musky smell in the room, air con unit too close to bed, so either you cook yourself or put up with cold air blowing in your face

Good size room, pool, garden

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Excellent breakfast. Nice clean property. Staff was very polite and accommodating. We took public transportation into DC was able to leave our cars in parking lot for day. Pool was clean and nice. Quiet and comfortable.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We were first given a room that had a strong musty smell and with a toilet seat that wasn't attached so we requested to be moved. The staff was very apologetic and accommodating ... moved us immediately ... and the next room was excellent.

From the moment we arrived we were impressed with all the little extras that made this property stand out. The lovely well-tended grounds and the little touches made this truly a home-away-from-home. The rooms were exceptionally large with a nice sitting area, desk/table, sleeping area and an area with fridge and microwave. In addition to a nicely kept pool area, there was outdoor seating, picnic tables under lovely big trees and a bbq ... everything to help you enjoy the outdoors. The staff were amazing and the breakfast (with hot selections included) was a bonus.

The smell and the stain on sheets and it's was a extra charge on my account for 104.10

The smell it didn't smell clean it had a stain on sheets. It looked a little clean but was not the smell was not refreshing at all. Little noisey

Reasonable location with respect to the price and distance from the attractions, a pleasant, clean hotel, a nice small pool, the rooms are reasonable, the walls are thin and the noise from the nearby rooms is well heard. Breakfast is fine but there is not enough space to sit and eat. Very nice team.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Staff smoking near reception Grounds of pool need a spruce up more tables or area for breakfast fix wading pool or make it a garden

staff were friendly & efficient Nice breakfast Gave me my requested type of room allowed motorcycle parking close by and had an armed security guard of a night patrolling Denny's restaurant just across the road Lots of shops and food outlets along the road Easy access to freeway to Washington DC about 10-15mins outside peak times

I think the pool should have earlier hours during the summer weekdays. The breakfast room was a little small but I wasn't really concerned with that since we ate in our rooms.

Our parking was close to the room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Can't think of anything.

Very good hotel for a short visit to DC area if you don't want to deal with the DC traffic and lack of parking. Huntington subway station is about 2-3 miles from the hotel, where you can park for $4.95/day and take the subway to DC for about $8 RT p/p. The rooms were clean, although some rooms are pretty dark because the windows are blocked by the staircase walls. The breakfast was outstanding with boiled eggs, very good bacon, pancakes, waffles. The breakfast room was pretty cramped, but there is plenty of outdoor seating. The pool had a lifeguard 3p-8p. The room was equipped with a little fridge, a microwave and a safe.

attempt to update,,,.....,poor..........clearance between wall & second bed, less than 14 inches !!!! needed to walk sideways TO ACCESS bathroom

cleanliness

Our side was next to another property and they were mowing quite early in the morning. The other side would have been much quieter but it was quiet in the evening and during the night.

Beds were very comfortable, pillows good, everything was very clean. Breakfast was fine but the usual stuff although the blueberry syrup was different and tasty. There were lots of eating establishments nearby for dinner or a quick supper. It was not too far from the metro stop.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

I think some of the rooms could stand for a remodel. This did not put me off of my experience, however.

It was convenient to many things. The area was nice and fairly secure. The staff provided exemplary customer service.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Not many restaurant choices near by but Two Brothers Soul Food was amazing.

Staff was super friendly, lifeguard at the pool, room was comfortable, housekeeping even arranged my daughter's stuffed animals on the bed every day.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The microwave have a bad smell of food. I think it was not cleaning. The parking is small, one of the days we have to parking on the street. Easily acess with car.

Rooms are comfortable, the space for 4 people are good, the bed are big and comfortable. The breakfest is excelent!

The only downside is the location. There's not much around; a Denny's, 7-11, CVS. But you can't get there without a car, so to go eat or whatever you'd be taking your car. Also if you're not close to the office the Wifi is iffy.

I was suspicious given the price, but I have no major complaints about this place at all. Excellent value. I've paid more for far less. Clean, quiet, comfortable, large room. Friendly staff. Big patch of green space and pool which I imagine is great if you're travelling with kids. Free breakfast is typical of what you'll find anywhere.

The breakfast was a huge savings for our group of 11. The beds were extremely comfortable and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. They have a security guard at night which adds in the feeling of safety

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Can't think of anything negative.

EXCELLENT & Value! We'd rate this as a 4-star property: 1) Totally NEW=Sanitary Bedding+new&extra pillows! This attribute alone is 5-stars!, 2) Recent renovations rendering the large room modern and clean, 3) Great breakfast (small eating area, tho'), 4) Courteous, helpful staff, and cleaning staff; special thanks to Tamara :) at reception for a rear room for my special needs, 5) Surprisingly quiet location, and safe, close to all essentials (we know this area). We'll return to this special value! (so long as these qualities are maintained)

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The front desk staff wasn't very nice. The lady at the front desk was very rude to my husband and I. She did not make us feel welcomed. She looked bothered most of the time and was not friendly, did not smile and when we lost our receipt and requested another one she gave us a hard time for it. We moved to Alexandria with United States Coast Guard because my husband is an Honor Guard for the military. We were very nice to her and asked very politely for another reciept. No big deal right? Instead she she insulted us. How's that for serving our country.? I've worked in the industry of hospitality and have worked the front seat in high volume resorts. Regardless of where she is it at, she should not of treated us like that. Also, there were guests in the lobby when she was behaving like that. Unprofessional. Moving to a new place is hard enough, but dealing with someone that is rude upron our arrival, makes the beginning of our first move unwelcoming

The room was good and the price we got.

Room cleanliness wasn't great. There were stains on the carpet and I found ants in the bathroom. Room layout was also completely bizarre, with barely any room to walk past the beds to get to the bathroom.

Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Free breakfast did what it needed to do.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Modernize the building. Built apparently in the 1960's, It needs new heating/air conditioning system and bathroom. Below-window heating unit is noisy nor is it synchronized with the actual room temperature.

Comfortable bed. Excellent location near Mt. Vernon hospital.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Marble threshold to the handicap bathroom is not ADA compliant. It took two people to get the wheelchair with my friend in it over the threshold or my friend had to stand on her one good foot and lift the wheelchair over the 1/2" threshold..

The large handicap bathroom and the available equipment. Breakfast of eggs and bacon was good.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Because of our early check in request the room that was available was directly over the office and you could hear the traffic on US 1. That may not have been a problem in the remaining rooms since they were further away from the road.

We asked for a very early check in (noon) so we could freshen up and meet someone for a late lunch.....staff was very accommodating. We had copied a very confusing google map to meet that party, but the front desk young lady graciously found a simpler way to get there and provided very clear directions which were very helpful. In addition to a spacious room with a fridge and microwave and safe, the beds were very comfortable. The unexpected highlight was the breakfast which we understood was a continental one. We didn't expect bacon, egg patties, boiled eggs, yogurt, a waffle machine and a really neat automated one touch pancake maker. Great bang for the buck.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

An initial musty smell in the room. The AC system removed it all while we were at dinner.

Beds were quite comfortable, including the pillows! Zero traffic noise. Within 25 minutes of Washington, DC too.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

All the employees were always friendly and helpful. The sleeping was one of the most comfortable we have had including better then our rest at home! The breakfast was very tasty and the lady who worked the breakfast area constantly kept it restocked.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Bathrooms could use a little TLC and there was a hidden charge at checkout that we were not told about in advance. The GM did remove the charge when I brought it to his attention.

Clean room with excellent TV, comfortable beds and a very nice staff.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

It was 95+ out and they closed the pool for the season and that was during the week with the weekend looking to be in the 90's as well just seemed silly not to extend the season since the heat decided to stay longer. I chose this location because of the pool. Perhaps if they include the dates the pool is open, customers wouldn't be disappointed.

Location was convient.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

When arranging reservation hrough Booking.com, requested early check-in, ground floor (disabled vet) at rear of property (away from a main highway), if at all possible. Received booking confirmation and info about managing/confirming reservation after downloading decent app; but never indicated whether three specific requests could be accommodated. Subsequently, sent another e-mail the day before sched arrival to Bookings web site/customer svc asking about request status and inquiring if it were advisable to call front desk early in the morning of arrival to evaluate status of request. NEVER Got RESPONSE. Instead, went to property at 7:00 a.m. day of arrival and courteous front desk clerk helped by confirming that all three requests could be accommodated; though there was no apparent record if requests, only guest name and confirmation no. Overall, facility itself was quite good and the Booking App easy to use. But closing the loop on request status would have helped in travel planning, local itinerary scheduling, and which Hans had the chocolate (hotel or booking agency)

Very professional and polite staff Facilitated early check-in. Good room quality for price pts.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Pillow small squeeze to bathroom because bed about to large price little high for small dogs $20 a night wow!!! should be little lesser for small dogs.

Comfortable prefer bigger pillows not a big deal bed about to be too big next to the bathroom had to squeeze to bathroom other otherwise good

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

Pool was only open few hours during day/evening & kids really love to play there.

Staff was great, always helpful & friendly took great care if us. Breakfast ladies like good mother hens☺️Comfortable, clean, not the Hilton but good value for price.

Needs renovations

Location to stores

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The room had a slight smoky smell, but it was tolerable.

Kids loved the pool.

Room was a bit small

It was very clean! That was most important.

Good staff

Pillows

Water seeped up through bathroom floor. Breakfast was disappointing.

Bed was comfy

I was frightened by rowdy loud guests in the near rooms and parking lot and staff could not move me or stop the late night noise. I barely slept.

Everyone was very kind and the breakfast was awesome!

Not applicable.

The breakfast was fresh & yummy

Some of the surrounding area was sketchy..but acceptable

The free breakfast, nice soft pillows and the location.

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Comforter and chair had stains.

Sheets were really soft.

The carts of the housekeeping making noise whenever they pass by our room

The location, the beds and the air conditioning.

Close to the road, so were heard sirens quite often. Don't think it would have made a difference.

Good value. Good location.

Walls thin the guy upstairs is rude sang horribly in the shower every morning at 5 and woke everyone up.

Didn’t meet expectations

Room was clean, parking is free and breakfast was ok. Hotel for a short stay. It´s close to restaurants, Walmart and CVS. I would stay there again.

Everything was good

The details of the room , the shower

everything

Wonderful

Very comfortable and close to everything

The breakfast was good

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The people that work there makes you feel like FAMILY

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

It was very simple. In and out

• Queen Room Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The setup of the double bed room.

It was quite and staff is great.