Reviews of Quality Inn Northlake 2 stars

2155 Ranchwood Drive, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA

#174 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like the air conditioner right at the head of the bed.

Very friendly, received a bottle of water upon arriving to the hotel. Our room was ready early, which was very nice. Breakfast was very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that the people that stayed above me had children and they were up early and jumping around and making loud noise all night long.I think hotels need to put people with children on the first and second floor due to the noise they make.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was only one person working the front desk with a very long line. The check in process took at least 45mins or more.

The bed slept decent and the room was accomidating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived I was told that my card hadn’t been charged, I was under the understanding that all was taken card if I also received confirmation for the amount. I feel there is a problem with booking.com. Another customer was having the same problem at the same time at front desk. My son-in-law and I booked at the same time he was ok at front desk and I was not. Big problem with this, gentleman at front desk tried to explain the problem, but I had paper that pull if computer stating all the correct information.aftrr

Breakfast had a good selection to choose from.and the front desk was helpful.

Pool looked like it needed a scrub, hair dryer stopped working for no reason, took do not disturb sign down and room was still not cleaned for the day so trash was overfull. Oh also there's little bricks surrounding landscaping on the property, conveniently placed directly in front of your door in case you want to absolutely murder your toes. Which I did and bled for literally an hour,

Clean room, free breakfast, not to far from Atlanta's attractions, polite people. Much more affordable then other hotels so you get whay you pay for, pretty decent value.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff and service. Breakfast was fine. Location was convenient and easy to get to. Had a relaxing time there after a hectic travel schedule.

The TV was not working. It was unplugged but when plugged in I realized the batteries in the remote were probably dead since it still would not turn on after being plugged in.

Location and the staff were my favorites. They mentioned the Perks but I declined as I do not stay in motels often. The bed was comfortable and the space in general well cared for and equipped.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower water pressure wasn't working properly because the spicket wasn't working properly but it was still a nice shower.

The breakfast choices were amazing. The sausage gravy was especially good! We liked the closeness to restaurants as well! Perfect stay for us. Not too far away from Six Flags so it worked well!

Only thing was a noisy vent fan in the bathroom, No big thing but Bearing needs to be replaced. Room 101

Good value, well-maintained, absolutely had a good sleep.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrive to find a take out plate and a box of chicken in the microwave, cigarette burns on wall (it was wipeable) and splatters throughout all the walls. I put my do not disturb sign on door knob and they came in anyway!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room not cleaned properly and small.w

Breakfast was okay. Staff were friendly and helpful especially as when I arrived there was no booking in the system, but they sorted a room for us.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness & Aged Property/Furniture. Entrance to rooms from outside.

Property was older and shower signs of wear. Cleanliness was less than would be expected. SIgns of rust in the shower. Staff was very helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were hard as a rock. Then at 6am garbage trucks were emptying garbage outside our window. Bathrooms were extremely tiny and not clean. Mold on ceilings! Carpet wasnt vacuumed! Nasty! I did check our beds for bed bugs and glad there werent any!

Roof over our head

Pool was pretty dirty, with bugs and dirt. But that's about it.

Comfortable and clean! Staff was very friendly. Rooms where clean and bathrooms spotless. Has a coffee pot, hair dryer, fridge, and microwave in each room which I appreciated. Pretty quiet for a weekend, too which was nice. Was here with some friends for the weekend and it was pretty close to city center which was great. Breakfast was hot and they have a great selection, not to mention they have a coffee bar in the lobby 24/7. Would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Handed him my drivers license and he kind of throes it lightly on the counter. My hand was out so it should have been placed to my hand

Changed stay date for me

TV channel options were less than desirable. Impossible to get a comfortable temperature with the air conditioner:it was either freezing or we were sweating, there was no in between.

Friendly helpful staff, super clean room, dependable wifi, bed was comfy, pool was clean, area was fairly quiet for Atlanta.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

everything was perfect wouldn't change a thing!

having a hot breakfast was wonderful...everyone was sooooooooooooo nice..would recommend this hotel to everyone...

the room smelled like cigarette smoke; the air conditioner was VERY noisy; the refrigerator was so noisy, it had to be unplugged to sleep, the faucet in the bathroom sink was broken, the TV was broken.

the bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Warning: do not come here! Leaning balcony! Dirty pool! Tiny room! Thin walls! Used towels! My family and I checked in at 10:30pm at night and it did not feel safe. Lots of people standing around. I also did not realize that all the rooms would only be accessible from the outside. Felt like a rundown motel. When I went to check in, I noticed that the front lobby was tiny (nothing like the picture) and the breakfast area was only a few feet from the front desk. Right ater checking in, I noticed that the lobby was the best looking part of the hotel. As we drove around back to get to our room I saw that the whole building looked rundown. We passed the pool on the way to our room. It was dirty (later my husband went to check out what the heck was floating in the pool and nearly fell in because the rail loose). We had to carry our bags up the steps with the chipped paint. No elevator. As we approached the room, I immediately noticed the balcony was leaning! Opened the door to the room and realized it was very small with little twin sized beds. Everything in the room looked outdated. The room had a sticky feel. The carpet felt like it was full of filth collected from the time the place first opened. There was a damp used towel sitting in the bathroom. The tv was dusty. The little microwave had food splattered in it. The walls were paper thin. We could hear stomping all night, people talking outside our room, people playing in the dirty pool. Our view was the dirty pool. The tv was fuzzy when we turned it on. I was afraid for my children to touch anything because everything felt unsanitary. I slept with all my clothes on because I did not want to touch the sheets. I immediately called down to the front desk to cancel the remaining reservation. We had to agree to pay for the night but ended up being charged for the full 3 nights. We had to wait for reimbursement. We checked into the Holiday Inn across the street which was 100 times better.

There was nothing to like. This was the worst hotel I have ever I stayed at. I cancelled the rest of my 3 night reservation within thr first 5 minutes of checking in. Horrible place. I checked into the Holiday Inn across the street the very next day.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very small with barely any room to turn around between the tub and the toilet. The wall plate where the cable went into the wall was not attached to the wall itself. There were spots on the wall where the beds had rubbed the wall so it was scratched up without any paint. The beds were pulled away from the wall so it didn't keep happening but the wall wasn't repaired. Light came in between the door jamb and the door. The room was not clean at all. The bathroom had obvious dirt on the floor, the carpet felt disgusting, and there was what looked like a booger on the wall...disgusting. This was just a quick stop to sleep on the way to our vacation so we didn't throw a fit about everything but I would never recommend anyone stay here.

The staff checking us in and out was very friendly and the continental breakfast was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff didn't know about bookings.com. Said my confirmation was no good. Said I had to contact bookings.com to figure it out. Had to get a manager to intervene. After about 15 minutes room was secured.

Nothing stood out. Was a good place to get a good nights sleep while traveling

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the outdoor swimming pool and area was poorly kept. Swimming pool was dirty, needed to be cleaned badly and the pool furniture was just as dirty. All down to front desk twice after 10:00 pm to have a loud pool party closed down so we could get some sleep!!!!! ( Note: pool sign says, Pool hours are 9am to 9pm) Breakfast came out late the first day of stay due to staff showing up late to work. Food is all set up in the Lobby so your on top of people coming and going. Example: waffle maker is set up at the back door!!!! Food was poorly displayed, hot food was nearly warm, had to ask for milk. Second day we went out for breakfast! As for the room, found a ROACH on the bed (alive had to kill it), the tv's or cable was terrible in both rooms we rented. There seemed to have plenty of staff doing nothing when clearly there was lots to be done around this hotel. 510.00 for two days was highly over priced!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We enjoyed our stay at Quality Inn Northlake! The room was very clean & the bed was super comfy!! Govin at the front desk, when we checked in, was such a nice guy! Very friendly staff all the way around! Will visit this hotel again!!

Outdated decor of bedroom... could be updated and more modern.

The staff was extremely kind, courteous, and helpful. They allowed me to stay an extra night at the last minute, even though they were filled to capacity. Wonderful customer service for a light-hearted experience of my stay!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool could stay open a little later

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We got in late and we were welcomed with friendly smiles and a small gift basket.

Nothing that I really know of!

Well, the bed was firm, and the room was clean! It had everything I needed. The location is great, with tons of restaurants to choose from. Great bang for your buck!

Upon attempting to check in the desk clerk had a very nasty attitude. The rooms were to have been available by 3pm. She told us that it would be after 4pm or later before our rooms would be available. She did not apologize for the inconvenience. Her comment was "we're booked up" The pool was covered with insects that had to be cleaned out be myself prior to entering.

The bed was very comfortable

I did not like the breakfast and the wifi was bad and so was the cable.

The room was small but it was nice. The breakfast was not too good and the pool was could have been cleaner.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bugs, bed sheets , pillows was flat it was so far out from the airport an hour and 45 minute drive and because of all my dislikes i didnt even attempt to wake up and try their breakfast or go to the pool. I felt like i was at a cheap motel

Front desk staff very patient friendly etc

they tried to take money off my card without my permission and due to that, they didn't call me to aware me ahead of time to provide a new card as well as they cancelled my V and i was not aware about it nor the hold policy they have for when cards don't work till 4pm when i arrived at 4:08pm they told me this and didn't offer any additional help nor empathy for the situation had to find a different room at the last minute and i reserved this room back in april and now in may i found this out when i traveled 2hours to get turned around in 3 minutes. poor customer service and i will not be back.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was dingy and run down and I deeply disliked the dead cockroach in my room. Desk staff was not very understanding or helpful about this particular issue.The pool was also dirty and my son was disappointed that I wouldn't let him swim in it.

The location was ideal and the housekeepers did a great job keeping the room clean. Check in and out was swift and desk staff informative.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As in all hotel rooms where I have traveled I wish there was a recliner and at least 2 chairs to sit in as someone always has to sit on the bed

The eggs were folded in to a square and the sausage tasted like it was boiled but all of it was eatable. The room was nice just wish the privacy door had been in the dressing area instead of just to the restroom.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had 2 rooms and the toilet in one room didn't flush properly. The tub in one of the rooms had a dirty ring around it. Obviosly the tub wasn't being cleaned

Close proximity to highway and shopping

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was too far from the elevator.

Perfect motel for family or friends. Small pool, laundry room, great vending machine near lobby, ice available, excellent complimentary breakfast 7 days a week, 6-9 AM, motel a little rustic but comfortable, air-cond, fridge and microwave. Room and bathroom spotlessly clean. Excellent for the money. I would stay there again. Plus FREE computer use and printer in lobby. Free coffee and tea all day in lobby.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Found 2 bed bugs. Seriously. My last day there as I was double checking for my things, two crawled out from underneath the sheets at the foot of the bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room did not get serviced, even tho it was available from noon to 3:00 pm. I called desk at 4:00 but was told the housekeepers were gone for the day.

Available luggage carts.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Leaving....the stay was very comfortable

Didn't eat breakfast but it was available...walking distance was awesome great area plenty of stores,restaurants,movies just overall a great area ...I will be staying here again when I return back🤗

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing was the squeaking bathroom faucet but thats an easy fix.

Nice place for the price. Would definitely go back and would recommend to others.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

As soon as we went in the bathroom area on the sink there was a roach not a good look the room smelled like smoke even though its clearly a non smoking room....

The property was easy to find the price was fair to be honest.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was given a plunger when told that there was a stopped up toilet' no maintenance person ever follow-up we were left without the use of the facility for a full day.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there is non kind of privacy, u have to take elevator front office and everyone see, room was ok batroom was so little, and shower was needed to fix, would not recommend staying again.

Staff was ok and freindly.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

I don't really have any complaints. The value was great for the money. If I had to say something, maybe more variety for the breakfast.

I was really surprised, but much appreciated the very clean bathroom!! The location was perfect! After driving 11 hours, the last thing I want to do was get back in the car. Great restaurants, movie theater, and wine shop, all within walking distance!! The staff was pleasant, and the bed was comfortable! I was in a smoking room, & I couldn't tell! Don't forget to ask for your government discount!...it saved me greatly!!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom needs renovation. The toilet tissue paper holder wasn't working properly

The complimentary breakfast was excellent! As good as any from the more expensive hotels.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

The drawer fell off the night stand. Literally fell off. The walls are paper thin.

The location was right off the highway and within walking distance of a mall. The breakfast was good!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I ended up having to go buy some spray because they were fleas in the room

I like where it was located at and the security precautions of getting on the elevator and the check-in staff and checking out staff was great but the night time manager was not helpful

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Breakfast was really unpalatable regarding the protein. No cream cheese for the bagels. Everything and everyone clearly go the extra mile at this hotel. A little extra effort on the hot offerings would have been the cherry on top, but it was probably close to worst "free" hot breakfast I've ever had, except that one place that had toast-your-own generic pop-tarts. Please spend a little more for better-tasting sausage. It was really bad.

Even though the hot water heater was out, we had a very pleasant stay and the staff was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The bed was not comfortable. The room and entire place needed some sprucing up.

The property was clean and adequate. My husband liked the smoking availabilty.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Bed was like sleeping on a lumpy concrete floor and the a/c unit was so loud every time it turned on or cut off I was looking for the thing to fall apart. The air circulation is terrible and good luck using the restroom without getting knocked out if someone opens the door. The shower screeched for the first few minutes but was decent water pressure and hot. There were several weak spots in the floor. Definitely an older hotel.

Price

Person on duty could not provide an air freshener to get rid of smell. had to sleep with door open all night due to stench. got 2 flea bites. carpet so dirty, bottom of white socks were brown next morning!

Staff helped us move to a room the second night that did not smell of poop, did not have fleas and where the toilet worked. New room near office was cleaner and toilet worked

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

The low flow toilet, but they're all doing that now to save water, but the sink and shower were fine, no low flow there. And the desk chair, too big to fit under the desk and slightly in the way, but neither of these would stop me from staying there again.

I was just overall satisfied. The staff was courteous, the room was clean, the rooms have everything you need, a microwave, refrigerator, little coffee pot. They had a very complete continental breakfast set up and kept it well stocked. The location was quiet at night, plenty of stores and food places near by. An important thing for me is they allow pets and they don't charge a ridiculous amount per night extra, (just 15.). They do have rooms specifically for guests with pets, so you may want to make sure you tell them when you make a reservation. If I visited the area again, I would easily stay there again.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Pretty much some of the guests that were there.

The bed was bigger than I thought. Right by a few gas stations and not that far from Stone Mountain Park

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

I booked a non-smoking room and had to move to three different rooms because each one smelled like smoke. Finally had to settle on the last room because clearly all of the rooms had that smell. I just went to the Target and grabbed some nice smelling candles

Rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little hard. We had to arrange the pillow to get comfortable.

I really liked the cleanliness of my room. I requested non-smoking due to allergies and there was no smell of smoke.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This room's ventilation unit was a little noisier than last trip and drove my wife nuts. Very cool in the Atlanta heat, though. I just put one of the nice soft pillows over my ear and was snoring soundly (which drove her nuts, too :)

Great location with shopping and entertainment all around and outside of the really harsh parts of Atlanta traffic (but still pretty busy). This was our second (third?) stay here and we've been pleased each time.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were soooo small. They were actually full sized beds but I guess I'm just not used to that anymore.

The hotel was perfect for the weekend. It was centrally located to everything you need. The breakfast was good and everything was clean.

Stayed in May 2016

The breakfast

ok

Sink and tub didn’t drain well.

Big room, clean, nice staff, breakfast included

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast not available for early travel

Very nice area of town. We felt safe.

Nothin

The price was a little bit much for less than 12 hours stay

Check-in staff accommodated me to whatever floor I wanted to be on

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could be more updated on rooms.

Room

Issues with my booking.

Pet friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The service was great,rooms clean,and breakfast was perfect !!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The tv had a huge black spot on the screen. It was hard to watch tv in general.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was very clean and the staff was very efficient. Lots of variety for breakfast.

Bed springs were irrating

All breakfast hot and cold choices

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great customer service and clean rooms

Nothing bad to say

Everything was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor quality, too expensive it just like a motel, not clean.

Some room even though supposed to be smoked free, but smell like a smoke room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We woke up to no water and they didn't try and accommodate for it. The bathroom was not clean like it should be.

Everything was reuuned with the rudbess and yhe miserable attitude of the guy who received us he was absolutely rude, shame for such a hotel

Breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room size is a little small.

Breakfast is good.