Reviews of Quality Inn Oakland Airport 2 stars

8471 Enterprise Way, Oakland, CA 94621, USA

#21 of 42 hotels in Oakland

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My car was broken into. I think security gates would be a good idea, especially at night. The air conditioner in our room didn't work.

The breakfast was good. Real eggs.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There are many homeless people walking around and coming to breakfast, taking food. Inn is close to Coloseum Bart station, but walking there might be unpleasant.

Comfortable bed, good breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn’t hook up my Xbox one to the tv to watch Netflix. The remote didn’t work and when I went to staff she said house keeping had left and just gave us another pair of batteries, which still didn’t work.

The room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable.

Shuttle driver was always late and then lied that he had just been around. We were out freezing for 50 minutes. Bus was over crowded. Picking up for too Many hotels. This will keep me from staying there ever again.

Bed was uncomfortable.There were 3 police cars the first night on a call in the parking lot. Don't know what happened. But uncomfortable with the area. Kitchen kept running low on food..had to wait 5-10 minutes for certain items.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wanted to soak in the tub but that wasn't an option. You have a tub but can't use it.

The cleanliness of the room. I smoke but I don't smoke indoors and I'm happy they are still enforcing that. I like that floor was not filthy old carpet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough towels. I was provided with 2 full body towels and they were 2 of us, I wish they would have giving me 3 at least.

The room was a little bit small but very cozy. I loved it. Bed was nice and comfy and I loved the floors.

Can't think of anything

Quiet place! It is tucked behind other motels so there was no freeway noise. And even though the motel was full we did not hear our neighbors. I did not eat breakfast. My adult daughters said it was basic but good.

Leticia"s attitude

I stayed for two days. When I checked out, the desk clerk informed me that I could only stay for five days and could not return for two days. I was highly offended. What was her point? And, why did she feel the need to inform me of this. It made me feel some kind of way. I'm a bit uneasy about bookimg there again. Her name is Leticia. She also had a bad attitude.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room walls were thin, could hear people in other rooms. Breakfast hours end at 9:00, even on weekends.

Price. Friendly staff. Property felt safe. Housekeeping was great!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was just slightly cheaper than the hotel I'd been at right next door, I thought it would be similar, but nope! Basically the only things newer than 1980 in my room were the floor and TV. Also it's slightly sketchy there at night. The icing on the cake was when I saw the holes in the bed sheets. Next time I'll pay a few more dollars and stay next door.

Close to the Oakland airport, & parking was easy right by the elevator. Had everything I needed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sound of the surroundings. There were drag racing on the street along with train. Besides hat it was good.

The quality of the room and the guest service comparing to Sutter Hotel in downtown Oakland which was the worest of ever.

Bed was old and saggy, bathroom sink didn't drain at all. Window & door wouldn't close or lock properly, didn't feel comfortable as it's located in a dodgy part of Oakland.

Staff was very nice and gave me a good room based on my needs.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Facilities are old, outdated, door to open corridor room would NOT lock properly, breakfast area is dirty, cramped and unsanitary looking. Computers were slow at check out, never received final bill. A very unsettling experience

Shuttle Service to from OAK.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small and needed weatherstripping on the door and a deep cleaning. Seemed to be in general disrepair and location was suspect although it was very near the airport and easy to access. Some of the staff was really nice and others seemed to be wondering what they were doing there.

Very easy to get to and from the airport. They do have a breakfast which we were not able to take advantage of due to the early departure time for our flight. Some of the staff at the front desk were so accommodating as to print our boarding passes out.

On both mornings there was someone riding a Harley Davidson through the parking lot at a high rate of speed and with really loud pipes.

Location and convenience regarding the Football game we attended, also the price was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The check out time should be a little later. I had a late flight but I had to check out 6 hours before my flight with no where to stay. The nice woman at reception allowed me to sit in the kitchen to kill a bit of time.

The beds were incredibly comfortable and the rooms were very tidy. Breakfast was also lovely. I would highly recommend Quality inn to anyone and I will most definitely be back.

The water in the ceiling the first night. Second night the tub was not draining. The ac doesnt blow cold air.

Breakfast, free parking, price. You get what you paid for.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was awful. It sount all the time and the floor was partly removed to put the bed but it didnt fit.

Good location if you are a warriors supporter

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no front desk staff when we arrived, she didn't arrive for 15 minutes or so, she did work fast and efficient and got all of us through quickly

Great location if your are In Oakland to watch football or baseball. The shower was fabulous, lots of water pressure, very clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The aesthetics I'm the dining area could use some improvements along with the quality of the breakfast food. The bagels were dried out and thin. The coffee made in the room was better than the coffee in the dining room.

The airport shuttle was waiting upon us when we exited the airport. He was dressed professionally and very friendly and helpful with everyone's luggage. The lady at the front desk was very polite and expedient (plus). The property was walking distance to the Stadium which was great because we were there for the Raider game.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff provided what was needed to check in/out but were pretty unengaged with us. Friendliness can go a long way!

Thr extra time until a 12pm checkout was a great help to us!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Being placed by the smoking rooms made my bathroom fill up with smoke smell. Had to keep my bathroom door closed.

Nice and clean and affordable-microwave

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I paid what the area represented

You have a functional motel is a tough location San Francisco’s accommodation is in high demand, but quality and service attracts repeat business, we can’t all be Apple/ Microsoft or sales force. But value for money get repeat business

We didn't find this Quality Inn as welcoming as another we stayed at recently, and we felt uneasy in the surrounding area. However, this hotel is located in a city, not a town. The breakfast was fine for some of us, but had no protein options for the vegans and vegetarians in our group. As more and more people are embracing this diet, having options such as a tofu scramble and vegan sausage, as well as a non dairy based "butter" would have been great.

The beds were comfortable and the shower heads were nice. The air conditioner was very good. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The pool was nice, but not heated,

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel receptionist was so grumpy and rude. When we got the room we found stains on the bedsheet. The receptionist came to investigate and gave me some fresh bedding. The staff wouldnt change the bedding for me I had to do it myself!! I asked for a blanket she said I had to pay extra for that.....WHAT!!!??? I was enraged to say the least

The shower was good

The drain in the shower was clogged. Our first room smelled like marijuana. The first room had hair on the sheets. They moved us and the second room was better. The neighborhood was scary. There were any homeless people in the parking lot of the hotel. They were actually going through the dumpster. The indoor outdoor carpet outside the rooms was stained and filthy.

The bed was comfy. The pool was nice. The hot tub was hot, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on.

Placing a nonsmoking room beside a smoking room. My room smelled like some horrible I couldn't sleep and when I complained the attendant state the smoke can't come through the walls . The place is old old old

At breakfast, one guess put the eggs from his plate back into the container on the serving line. This was immediately reported to the staff that was working there. She did not removed the container with the contaminated eggs. I sat there and watched guess after guess eat those eggs until the container was empty! Then the staff put more eggs into that same container. This was very unsanitary and against health codes. I did report the incident to the young lady working at the desk, but I doubt if anything was done. Will not be eating breakfast at that Quality Inn again!!!!

The facility was clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All the outside lights are not working for the two days I was here the key card had to go down to the office three time. Went down to get breakfast the the employee that was bringing food out was very rude to me. Motorcycles kept going in and out of the parking area all hours at night and morning loud noise kept waking me up where are the dryer about 3 or 4 times a night in early hours of the morning security was over locks due to no line on the walkway stairway and driveway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The initial room they gave us was a non smoking room, but smelled very heavily of smoke. We complained at the front desk and they told us it was the only non smoking room in that section. They have us another room in a section that had all non smoking rooms. Wish they would have done this initially.

No carpet was nice, the bed was comfortable. It was clean. This was the second room of the night. The first one reeked of smoke, but it was supposed to be a non smoking room.

There was a choice of yoghurts, fresh spreadable cheese, fruits, waffles and omelette. And really tasty sausages! One of the best breakfast during our 2 week trip through USA.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Internet connection in my room was really poor; every time that I needed to connect to the Internet, I had to go to the lobby. You had a very limited choice for the breakfast.

The staff were so nice, Good value among other hotels

The soda machine and juice bar were out of order so had to leave premises to get drink. I am not coffee drinker and that was all that was available.

Liked the location as it was near coliseum

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hottub and pool seemed like they hadn't been filtered in a while - not too clean. Also, odd things in our room were broken like the outlet on the bedside lamp, one corner of the curtain, and the bracket/spring on our door. Room was clean but needed a little upkeep.

Breakfast with as good. Staff was very kind and professional.

To busy at breakfast time, to less food and drinks available for number of guests. Smell of weed in and outside our room.

Good location for visiting SF, only 5mls to ferry in Oakland.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Oakland is a scary place and the area we were in was very run down. I would not feel safe walking around. The only restaurant that was open was Denny's which turned out to be good. I felt nervous that whole time and worried about our car all night. However, all of the hotels in this area seemed to have secure places for their guests to park in and we had no trouble at all.

Close to the airport, room was clean, bed was good, bathroom was nice

The area was a little sketchy so our family decided not to walk to the game at the Coliseum. Some suspicious activity going on in the parking lot and one room on ground floor.

Great location if you're going to an event at the Oakland Coliseum, you can walk or take a short drive.

• Queen Room - Smoking

The toilet was leaking water,bathtub drain was stopped up! When I first arrived to register the woman who helped me was rude!

Complimentary breakfast was excellent!

Access people off the street had to rooms, employees with their friends hanging out in the parking lot everyday, lack of care by kitchen staff to concerns

Food was good first day, one shuttle driver was extremely friendly

Reduce your prices for that spot. We actually heard gunshots nearby and there were issues going on in the parking lot. I would not have let my daughters out of the room, and that's unfortunate. You might consider gating the entrances for safety more than anything.

The price was high for that location, which was sketchy and surrounded by airport and manufacturing facilities. But the room was clean and everything worked, and the parking was ample.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

couple hundred yards from places to eat.

Breakfast was good. Bed comfortable. Quiet room, slept well. Early breakfast so we could get away early morning.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stayed awake all night because the road was so noisy. I was on the end where you could hear cars starting and stopping at the light. Rooms need better windows or something to help cut out the traffic noise. Maybe they should offer ear plugs at check in.

Pool was ok

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was horrible and we could not find any. I asked one of the staff members and they basically said to park outside or tough luck. Did not appreciate not being helped especially because it was late at night when I was trying to find parking.

Overall I enjoyed my stay staff for the most part was nice and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Advertised 24 hour coffee and tea in lobby but lobby closed before 11. Telephone in room didn't work and they just said, "Oh sorry, the jack doesn't work.

Disappointed for price.

Some of the staff come off a little short, not sure if it is them or I am just use to Texas custom.

It was clean, roomy, with a great breakfast. So close to the freeway that it was easy to travel around and close to the bart system to move around to places like San Francisco. My family stayed for 3 days and every day was nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That the jacuzzi jets where not that strong after a long drive there. Needed to relax. The most stressful someone was steam cleaning the walkways at 8 a.m. in the morning. Way too early to hear all that noise from the machine. At least clean at 10 or 11 when people are leaving.

That is was in walking distance to the Oracle Arena.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sketchy location. Easy to hear everything that is going on outside.

Good breakfast. Pretty close to a BART station for travel into San Francisco (around 1/2 hour travel by BART).

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really. Fair conditions for the price

I might say that I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. I had a flight landing in Oakland airport late in the night (around 1AM), the shuttle service was grate and very useful (since I landed very late), they had one of the last shuttle bus in service at that hour, there were many people waiting for shuttles from other hotels in the area but none came for 30-40 min (as they said). About the room, nothing much to say, basic, clean and enough for one night sleep.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. But not a safe neighborhood. Plus suspicious looking characters walking back and forth outside. Others who had no business at the motel were biking circles around the motel. My friends were uneasy and scared for their children. We were glad to get out of there and would not stay near there again!

Tile floors were very dirty, my feet were filthy after taking off my shoes, as if I'd been gardening in bare feet. Otoh, the room smelled very strongly of chemical cleaning supplies. There are no screens on the windows, but to get the smell out I opened the window and propped open the door for over an hour (which meant a couple of flies got in the room). Left the room for another hour to run an errand, came back and it was again smelling strongly of chemicals, if not as strongly. This is an ironic pairing with the dirty floors. The bed was fine, the A/C worked fine over night, my room had a mini fridge, but I would not ever return there based on my experience. The continental breakfast also lacked fruit or yogurt, so no healthy options.

Location was good for going to the arena for the NBA Finals (or any event at the Arena or Coliseum), although not in a good part of town and not a desirable location for any other purpose, in my mind.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom floor hadn't been swept. Long walk from the check-in desk to my upstairs rooms with bags. Later I saw a baggage dolly available around the corner from the desk. It would have been nice had the check-in person pointed it out to me, as she saw me struggling with my bags.

The sheets and pillows were comfortable and freshly laundered. I didn't use it, but the pool area looked nice (albeit in the parking lot, so not a great deal of privacy).

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No security on the property. In a very unsafe neighborhood (not walkable to anything) Loud, abusive guests disturbed sleep all night.

The staff was helpful upon check in. Free shuttle to nearby airport was provided (although shuttle was 20 minutes late and ended up being full and some passengers had to be turned away). Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Cecilia the receptionist was rude, not even a smile or a professional style whatsoever! She does not have an idea of what Customer service is. So sad for her! The other ladies on reception area were so kind and friendly.

Nice hot breakfast! Clean room...perfect hotel location, near highways and main roads. Mrs. Maura was extremely nice with the breakfast area. 5 stars for her.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location is not in the most desirable places, doesn't matter, all of the other hotels there are located in the same area!

Room was in excellent condiction

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room value was poor. There were bugs flying around inside the room.they appeared to be knats. There were bugs outside the room and property condition was poor and delapidate.

Bed was comfortable. The shower And bathroom was clear and water was great and hot. The shower was the best part of my stay.

The eggs were amazingly fresh along with the sausage links. The breakfast area attendant did an amazing job making sure all guests were satisfied with their breakfast.

The people at the front desk were a bit moody and seemed to have an attitude. I would have given the service a 10/10 if it wasn't for the from desk lady.

Great price and a good room.

the outside grounds were riddled with trash from the time we checked in until the time we checked out there was more. the neighborhood area was undesirable. it did not feel safe. the restaurants near by were all fast food and those places were trash and undesirable also. i wouldn't walk anywhere if i were you.

Out of eggs. the room lobby and eating area was clean.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Never found the ice machine...not alot of selections for drinks in vending machine. No elevator so you have to climb stairs, but it's not the worse, just keep in mind if traveling with those that have issues climbing.

Room was nice, shower was amazing...breakfast selection was pretty good, lots of options...staff was very friendly. Never heard any planes if you're worried about noise due to the name. Very close to lots of eating options and gas.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was a bit small for a single queen room.

Easy to locate right off the freeway. Only a few miles away from Oakland Airport. Updated room with wood laminate flooring. Nice selection at breakfast, fresh waffles and sausages. Plenty of beverages to select from. They had fresh fruit and some pastries.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The address was given as Hegenberger Road which is incorrect and misleading. I had a hard time finding the hotel.

Efficient staff. Not overly friendly though.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the economical price I paid there is nothing I didn't like.

We chose the hotel as we were flying in to Oakland Airport late at night & leaving early the next morning. Although a shuttle service is offered we didn't use it as we collected a hire car. Hotel is relatively close to airport, maybe 10min drive. Rooms were typical motel style with drive up free parking. Rooms were spotless, linen & bedding fresh ,new & bed very comfy. Smallish bathroom, good hot shower. The included bfst was very good & the brewed coffee strong. Staff were pleasant. Great value for an overnight stay close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The guest monitoring. I will accept some responsibility for not notifying front desk. I was too scared.

I have stayed here many times in the past and was pleasantly surprised to find it has been remodeled. The room was very nice, I like the decor. I was never able to connect to the internet and made a trip back to the lobby and asked the desk clerk about it. She said it would just come up, put in the password. Didn't work. So I went back to the lobby to print my boarding pass, only to find the computer in the lobby for such uses, was outdated and would not connect to the airline website. I gave up in frustration and tried in the morning. The desk clerk was not anxious but did help me print my boarding pass. However, I have not had such a disturbing stay. There was apparently a party going on up stairs. The noise was quite loud and, at one point, I was sure there was a murder going on up there. A short time later, there was noise at my door, sounded like someone with a key card then jerking and trying to turn the doorknob. It calmed down, but then a short time later, the noise above started again. Not so bad as a murder this time but not good. Don't think I will be staying there for a while~~:(

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

I didnt appreciate that the rooms smelled like smoke because i wasnt informed of that when i was booking the room. Other than that everything else was ok.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The house keeping just busted in my room, I won't be staying there again, checkout is at 12 so why would you jus walk into my room at 11:20.. other than that everything else was good!

The layout of the room was nice.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

This stay could have been better although it wasn't bad. The staff have no proper etiquette, they seem so lazy. Breakfast wasn't good then again it is free. The first night we stayed there we were given an older looking room with a broken furnace and broken shower head. The second night we were given a bit of a better room. The beds in both rooms, however were comfortable. That's about the only good thing I can mention. Overall, the stay was alright.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

The toilet kept running during the night.

Walking distance to the stadium. They held our bags at the front desk while we were at the Raider game.Awesome.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Our room was too small for two queen beds. It was very cramped. The lighting from the lamps was too dull. Water flow from shower head was bad. It was difficult to rinse off because of that. Also, it felt extra cramped because someone had put a chaise lounge next to the window bed. You could not even get in the bed from that side.

Pleanty of towels and washcloths. Bed linens were nice. Pleanty of pillows. It was nice to not have carpet. Carpet is often dirty. A big plus was being able to bring our small dog to the room! Breakfast was good and coffee was very good.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

upon being informed that the toilet in my room was leaking. i was told that there was nothing that could be done until maintenance showed up at 7-8 am. there were no rooms available for me to switch to because the hotel was full. after waiting in the break room for 3 hours i went to the front desk and told them that i was just too tired to stay in the common area and would be returning to the room. at this point i was told there was indeed a room that i could switch to. poor customer service, then as if to ad insult to injury i am awakened by housekeeping at 10 am when checkout is at 12 noon. no compensation was offered for this save for a late check out which is always available to guest who request it...I will never stay at that location again.

breakfast was decent

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast ends at 9...way too early...i woke up at 915 and missed it...should be extended

All the amenities the room came with...iron...ironing board..fridge..soaps...lotions...etc

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for extra pillows but never received them. Area was noisy but couldn't be helped since it was by the freeway and airport.

I liked the free breakfast. Overall a good stay.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the hotel was located in a sketchy area of Oakland. The property was lined with fencing and there was a bike patrol going around the parking lot.. and good thing, there was also a sketchy person riding around on a bike. I filled up my car at a nearby gas station and was nearly attacked by young thugs walking on the street (not the sidewalk).

The hotel was close to the airport, that's why I chose it. And it was the cheapest in the area.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room needed to be aired out because it smelled like chemicals.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, the location was convenient & the price was excellent.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood is not so nice but it is close to the oracle areana.

We relly liked the place. The breakfast was satisfying , the room was very clean and the shower was amazing.