Reviews of Quality Inn - Richmond Hill 3 stars

4300 US Highway 17 South, Richmond Hill, GA 31324, USA

#7 of 9 hotels in Richmond Hill

Worse place we ever stayed.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Mold in the entire room and bath especially. Toilet bolts were exposed and one was not secured. Lots of mold in the bathtub. Paint was pealing from bathroom ceiling. Bathtub soap holder broken off. Room was very moist. Crown molding paint was pealing. Bathroom sink was cracked.

NOTHING!

All & all, it was nice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was not really friendly-breakfast set up woman was very friendly! The toilet paper holder kept coming out of the wall!

Loved the huge tv & breakfast was a wonderful treat! Delicious!

3.5
    Avoid if possible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirtiest motel room you ever saw. Toilet had black stains, something like a pool of blood visible under sink, floors disgusting curtains covered with dirt smears stains, door frame loaded with black fingerprints.

I would stay here again when traveling. Would be a great place for kids--fun things to do at hotel.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Just needed a comfortable place to sleep and unwind between 2 long days of driving. This fit the bill perfectly. I could tell not all units are being used, probably under renovation so there was a construction dumpster in parking lot, some extra chairs in lobby, etc. But our room was very clean, well decorated, very comfortable. We loved the pool as we like to swim after long drives. Best hotel pool I ever had. Dining facility just beyond pool so we didn't have to get in car again. Food was great, wait staff professional and personable. We loved our stay here.

Bada Book is a JOKE. THIS QI has no quality to display.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room filthy. Floor made white socks black on bottom. Bug shells on floor and wi dow ledge. Black mold and mildew on baseboards. Paint peeling in large patches.

was moved to an inside courtyard room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

was put in room 107. it had roaches, could hear the expressway traffic .bed was noisy.

was moved to an inside courtyard room. the bed was comfortable. the location convenient.

The bathroom was very old with paint peeling off the walls.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very old with paint peeling off the walls. They always seem to stick you in shabby rooms when traveling with pets as if they'll trash the room. When we left there was no sign that a pet had even been there.

Worse place we have ever stayed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was horrible... see comments above. The picture on the web sight I'd terribly deceiving... nothing looked like the picture!

The two rooms we had were filthy, run down, damaged, clogged tub drains... worse place we have ever stayed at!

the location and the ease of accessing the room
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the facility could have been cleaner. the toilet ran the first time it was flushed until they came to fix it. The rug left my sox dirty when I walked around the room. the pool was not fit to swim in.

the location and the ease of accessing the room

I would stay there again on a business trip driving south from North Carolina to Florida.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Plugs to recharge my phone were limited to one and it was difficult to reach.

Located near the interstate Hwy worked well as an overnight for business trip.

I'll not stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty room, bathroom, walls. No closet available. Unfriendly staff at front desk.

There were a lot of activities in hotel, such as volleyball court, ping pong table, swimming pool and other activities. Restaurant/bar included in hotel was great.

NEVER AGAIN!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Security, cleanliness, The exterior of the hotel need to be repaired I saw several areas on both floors that the concrete is cracked and has holes in it. I actually avoided this hotel on my return home and stayed at another Hotel for less that was a lot cleaner and the security to my room was safe.

Not a lot that I did like about my stay. Security to our room was poor and using the dead bolt or catch lock was almost worthless because the framing around the door was flimsy. The room was fair at best and the hotel restaurant was dirty. Now as for the morning breakfast! Seriously need to either STOP doing it or improve what is offered.

Location was great staff was wonderful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location was great staff was wonderful. Breakfast was great. Pool was nice and clean. I loved everything. They are also working on updating the property.

Getting the job done
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The property itself was okay. I don't believe there is any complaint for the price. The food was okay and the room was okay. It was nothing fancy but it gave us a bed to sleep and that's what we needed so if anyone is looking for something fancy and stellar i would not suggest here.

I loved that it was close to I95 so it made our trip easier.

It was overall ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The people in the room next to me were up all hours of the night in and out of the room. They had children with them and doing drugs. The police had to called.

The helpful staff and amenities. Staff was apologetic about the neighbors and it was nice I was able to bring my pet.

If i could have driven through the night safety, i would have left.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I was put in gaff mini blinds rather than curtains. It was possible to see in from the outside which made me very uncomfortable. The room also appeared to be half renovated with a door half painted, a plastic folding table as the desk, a very worn desk chair, worn furniture, and a newly renovated bathroom. The planning was poor and the door could not open completely past the toilet. The room felt creepy. I was told there are no other rooms available do i asked for a sheet and push pins to cover the window. The sheet came much later and no push pins(it was late when i arrived). I expressed my discomfort and was eventually moved to another room. This room had no security lock on the door and seemed dirty and very outdated. When i first turned on the shower, the water came out orange, as if the room is never used. I felt like i needed out of this place asap.

The hotel is very close to the highway.

Cheap hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unsavory characters roaming about. They were loud outside our room. It seemed like there were a lot of "traveling laborers" staying there.

Friendly staff

Did the job for an overnight stay en route to Florida with young kids.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The furniture and bedding are outdated. The furniture, walls, tub, have many dings and scratches which make the place appear less clean than it is. I am guessing this could be related to the fact pets are allowed for a small fee.

Beds were comfortable. Staff very friendly. Pool was open and clean. There is a bar on hotel grounds which had outdoor activities like ping pong, volleyball, and cornhole which the kids enjoyed playing early before opened. Breakfast was hot and surprisingly good. Location was right on 95 but the room was quiet (we were on inner court though). The landscaping was nice.

No drainage in sink and tub, building code violations
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Sink and tub did not drain, serious building code violations, outlet not secured in wall, hole in wall, steps in disrepair. Have photos if neeced

Easy on and off 95

Sheila in the breakfast room is just AWESOME! We plan to sty there again when in town. Great value!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a very good experience!

The food at the motel was EXCELLENT! The breakfast was very flavorful. Sheila does a wonderful job of making all of the food really good, and the coffee is great too. Awesome place for breakfast! The room was clean, fresh, and the bed was comfy too!

The young lady at the desk when above & beyond to solve...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

WIFI didn't work...I feel this is a false advertisement by hotels because there are numerous hotel where you can't get WIFI when they advertise its free. Don't advertise something you don't provide.

The young lady at the desk when above & beyond to solve the issues. TV didn't work...she fixed it. She could not get the WIFI to work...but she definitely tried.

It was fine for 1 night stay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room looked recently re-done and very nice, but old tub was left in bathroom(??) Road noise was disturbing. Too many BIG trucks in area.

Best bed of our 4 day road trip.

Left a message when I left stating
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Black mold in vent and was so bad it disintegrated the door frame in the bath room; holes in the wall.Cant drive at night so I didn't leave Took photos of mold damage

Breakfast was good, once we found it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area serving breakfast was hidden. This was an older hotel that had been remodel, but could have been in better shape. Hotel near interstate and did not have many places to eat near hotel

Breakfast was good, once we found it.

Great!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Ms. Sheila (breakfast hostess) was delightful. Everything exceeded our expectations for the reasonable price. The best value by far on our trip!

Over all! I liked my stay. Wouldn’t mind booking again..!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

On how my payment process was difficult and it showed it was charged on my account but in the system said it didn’t go through? And I was concerned that I was going to be doubled charged But I got accommodated with a room, so I was still taken care of. The system shut down as the staff swiped my card.

Staff was really nice.

Clean and Comfortable
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No complaints for this price point. Clean and comfortable.

Returning from Hurricane evacuation and was lucky to get a room. The facilities are very basic but clean and with a very comfortable bed. What more can one need?

Poor! Did not sleep well.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First rooms we were given weren't cleaned. Our rooms were not good for the price. Mold in bath. Bath fixtures were caromed. Door to outside was loose and didn't lock properly. Door was loose and you could see out around the door. We don't know why there was semi trailer in the parking lot taking up 20 + parking spaces left tunning all night. Noisy! We were evacuated because of hurricane Irma so there were no other rooms in the area or we would have left. We felt like we were ripped off because of our need.

Price value didn't match quality

This property is under and in need of repairs. The rooms smelled old and had a dirty feel.

This property was in a good location, close enough to shops and 25 minutes away from Savannah. It was easy to find, right off the main road and visible . The employees were very friendly. The full breakfast was hot and plentiful

would stay again good pricing, area safe room clean. Craig check in cares thank u
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool filthy needed cleaning, breakfast room floor needed cleaning Room used as a storage facility boxes every were. staff welcomed u and did the best with what she had to work with :)

good room clean comfy bed clean shower and tub> Check in assistant Craig helpful with room towels and quiet area to get rest. Pricing is acceptable for the area to be safe !

We checked in at 3:30pm.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Requested the same room we had on 8/6/17 was told it wasn't available. Desk clerk offered room next door. I said ok not knowing that it wasn't a non-smoking room. Didn't realize it wasn't non-smoking until later.

We checked in at 3:30pm. I wanted to change the method of payment. Desk clerk said the payment had already been taken, so I couldn't change payment method.

The room was nice.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was nice. The AC worked beautifully. The breakfast was good and hot with a nice selection of eggs, sausage patties, bisquits & gravy, fresh waffles, juices & water, donuts & muffins.

The breakfast was outstanding.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was black mold around the door on the inside and a large gap under the door which let in light and air. The carpet was dirty.

The breakfast was outstanding. The shower was good and the bed was comfortable..

Great place to stay!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet was dirty and wet, never dried (humidity). Gross to walk on kept shoes on.

Price for room, pool, room location (1st floor near pool) parking close, vending, restaurant on site.

Don't stay here.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The a/c was noisy. The curtains did not filter out the light. Too much street noise. Difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep.

Didn't eat breakfast. Like? The pillows were comfortable.

I paid for what I got. A simple room to spend the night as I headed to a different destination.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was tired but inexpensive for a late nightvstop. There should be pictures that show this hotel has outside doors not secured entrances through a hotel lobby.

The best pet of the experience was Shirley at breakfast. She greeted everyone personally, told us where she was if we needed anything and wished us a great day. She gave this tired hotel a breath of fresh air and life.

The floor (tile) was filthy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor (tile) was filthy. My husband wiped up a bit of water and the washrag was black. Behind the bathroom door there was hair and dirt dried on. The grout was filthy. shame on them. I would expect a room that was $139 to be pristine.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

good enough for overnight stay--little expensive for a hotel of its age
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

this is a quick stop off 95--semi truck was in . parking lot with reefer unit on trailer running all night---a little distracting this is a older hotel and is having some remodel done----they need to do better---clean room but vanity and sink had broken/missing piece at bottom that ruined the effect of the vanity and top King size bed but 4 little pillows--should have had kings size pillows

Check in person was friendly and accommodated my need for a ground floor room

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Never again!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was terrible and no one cared. Food not being replenished and selection was very limited. Bar cocktail napkins for dining napkins. Only one ice machine for entire complex. AND it wasn't cheap.

Location and accessability.

Other than the mice poop the stay was very nice. Plenty of space to take you dog for a nice walk.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

In the dresser there was mice poop. Didnt wantvto leave my clothes in it.

Loved the breakfast. Every thing was delicious. The staff was friendly. Had to bring my dog last minute so my room had to get switched. The staff was very nice about it.

Rip-off
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like that I paid $200 for one night in a regular room that usually charges $75 a night. The room was below average, the tub was peeling, the shower had low water pressure and the beds were not clean so we had to transfer to another room. It was awful.

I liked the hotel manager, she was able to change my reservation with no problem. She was very courteous.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

In serious need of upgrading..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi did not work at first, the front desk lady gave me a 1-800 number to call technical support myself. Eventually we were able to figure it out but having to call myself was rather odd. The bathroom door was about to fall off and the beds were somewhat sunk in the middle. Though not really a negative I did find it odd that one of the lights had a pull down chain plus a foot switch on top of a main switch on the wall which resulted in a lot of guess work.

Staff was friendly, when the wifi worked the speed was decent, outside looked dated but clean, even though we did not go into the pool due to the weather it looked clean and well kept. The room was clean with no bugs or trash.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Quality Inn is the hotel to stay at....Meet Ms.Shiela,at breakfast she has it well put together...

The parking..

All the staff was friendly... But one staff member standed out the most and that was Ms.Shelia,she was polite,kind ,friendly breakfast was well put together she was awesome.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Served its purpose
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathtub lining was coming off. Can tell the hotel needs some fix ups.

Clean. We were there for about 13 hours. We needed a clean bed and shower, so it was fine.

3.0
    Terribly disappointed...poor value...should have been $70.00
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

arm chair and ottoman were filthy sink wouldn't drain,,,,filled up with water and how could you brush your teeth...wash your hands and face. towel rack was rusty hangers broken rug dirty

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Adequate but nothing to rave about. I doubt I would stay here again.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom floor could be cleaner, as could the drapes and behind the bed (I was checking for bedbugs). However, for the price one cannot complain.

The location was convenient but very close to the highway, which could be heard from our room. Ask for a courtyard room. The bed was clean and comfortable. We also visited the restaurant nearby, which was good.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Convenient location;
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Small maintanence items in the room: loose latch on door; air conditioner front panel partially off; only 4 tissues in box.

Convenient location; good nearby restaurant

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Wish it could have been better
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

we have a little dog. We were given a room that was designated for guests with pets. The door had a 2 inch gap at the bottom of the door. We placed the bedspread up against the bottom of the door to keep out the pests. We had a great view of the stinky open garbage bin as we entered the room. Dated room. Live roach running around the counter in the morning when we moved the coffee pot.

Staff was helpful and kind. Close to interstate,food and gas.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Horrible stay
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room was dirty so we went back to the desk and got room 160 the AC leaked into the room, and there were German roaches in our room

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Location was nice the restaurant there was good
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms are rough tub was peeling paint, toilet had been painted and was peeling,towels were thin and two small, toilet didn't flush good,The chair and ottoman The chair and ottoman were stained

Location was nice the restaurant there was good

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't worth the $135.00. It was outdated and a the A/C unit was noisy.

The breakfast was delicious--very well prepared and the lady which hosted the breakfast room was attentive and warm. The booking desk staff was attentive as well as the check out staff, Mr. Patel.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

why put them down and not give them a chance to fix the b problem
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I can not complain! I loved everything

I request somethings and I got everything I asked for. When we as guess have a problem, if we let they know they fix it. I stay a couple of weeks before this and got there, my card kept declining. Well the problem was, a unarthurozed use came out. So it caused me to not have enough for my room. The owner was so kind, he brought the price of the room down a couple of times and it came out to be a 30 or 40 dollar discount. I was so happy, I think the world of these guys.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

We arrived after 8 p.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived after 8 p. m. due to I-95 accidents (4) North of Savannah. The floor was soaked around the a/c. We discovered this after returning from dinner about 10. Called the front desk but stayed in room as it was so late and we were leaving early. The whole place needs lots of attention.

Great price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Updated rooms, but the rest of the hotel was rundown

Great price

Keep driving

Disgusting

Just a place to sleep. That’s about it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clothes rack busted laying in a pile. Facet loose. No tv listing. Looked run down.

Front desk very good.

The house keeper was nice.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Asked for a room looking at the pool, but not noisy. They put us by the ice machine.

The house keeper was nice.

Breakfast and WiFi
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was gross and there were spiders in the room.

Breakfast and WiFi

Do not stay here.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Travel was for family emergency. Left after first night. Refund for 2nd night due.

Breakfast was not enjoyable nor good.

Marginal

See survey. Old hotel needs updating Tear down and rebuild

Lovation

Disgusted
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing esad whatit said it was. The pictures looked nothing liked it did online

Nothing. Complete disappointment

Good place for a quick stay on a long roadtrip.

Pool was broken

Close to 95

Enjoyed. Good breakfast, very nice pool area

See above

Really liked the complex. Next time though we would choose a different room. We were way to close to the interstate

Was enjoyable,I would recommend staying there
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Fan in bathroom didn’t work,no place to hang clothes

Good value,good breakfast,clean

Easy stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People had thrown cigarettes and bandages in pool

Close to Savannah

50 deposit

The man who checked me in was exceptional!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The man who checked me in was exceptional! He went over and beyond to help me! I was impressed.

Clean!!!!!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The decor, cleanliness, and affordability!

Trash everywhere

Needs work
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was clean but needed updating/maintenance. Rust in bathroom, no outlets for night stand or desk and door lock nearly falling off its mount.

Front desk staff was very cheerful and accommodating.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Paint chipping off of ceiling and walls

Great food with plenty to eat

I guess for the money it was acceptable, but just barely.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Condition of carpets, paint, trim was very poor in places. WiFi very weak. Eggs were not totally done.

Comfortable bed, friendly staff

This was a tired run down motel.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was shabby and run down. Needed work and felt neglected.

Very poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bugs and spiders in my room

The front desk staff was very nice, and over all they made...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

our toilet was a bit dirty

The front desk staff was very nice, and over all they made our stay great.

Browse Quality Inn - Richmond Hill traveller photo gallery