Reviews of Econo Lodge Choice Hotels- SAV/I-95 3 stars

6.1

5.5

5.9

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Supposed to be a pool, it was closed. A pool is a must when we vacation. La Quita left us swim in theres. It said kids breakfast buffet there wasn't one.

Convenient

• Superior Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed room was a lie shower is horrible either really hot or really cold staff was not helpful acting like they dont care I will never stay at this hotel it's all lies on the description

Decent food choices around

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I called to confirm with the hotel, they said they didn't have my reservation. I had booked 2 rooms. Booking.com had to resend my info before the hotel said they had me down. There were roaches in one of our rooms, so they didn't move us to another room, which had lights burned out, and tv with no reception. The other room had holes in the shower curtain, paint peeling off the ceiling, the tv was extremely snowy, the refrigerator never go to cold, the AC had dripped water across the floor, the room faced the interstate and we heard the trucks running up 95 all night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room, the location, the cleanliness of the outside, the hallway to our room was filled with old AC units, night stands and headboards, totally a wrong image of the hotel.

I like the quick check in

• King Room - Smoking

Under construction put on site after reservation made ,a vague comment. Np pool at temperatures of 97°,atm broke,flys in room,basically nothing worked.kind of unsavory characters in area.

Not much

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the far side of the pool is a very dangerous hotel where I witnessed prostitution going on all night long. It would be great if the hotel would put up a large fence blocking the view.

Room was very quiet with a beautiful courtyard view overlooking a landscaped pool. Also, you could walk to the attached Perkins Restaurant without going outside - a real bonus for me as an older female travelling solo. There was a great outdoor fireplace where families were gathered, and although it was only minutes to the airport and downtown Savannah, the inner courtyard gave it a feel of a more luxurious hotel, not a highway chain property. The front desk clerk was very friendly as well, and it was extremely clean throughout.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had a room in the back and could not park close to it so had to carry my bags a long way around. Had to make seceral trips.

Room was clean and quiet. There was a fitness center. There was breakfast but nothing healthy. There was either tub or shower. The restaurant was attached and a gas station right there too.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heat would not turn off, it was 90 degrees outside. Smh patching does not work, stop being cheap and pay someone. But that’s what happen. You pay for what you get. Pictures on site will fool you

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Water temp went warm to cold to hot while showering. Pool was closed. No breakfast just cereal.

Staff was helpful. Worked hard to make our stay enjoyable with what they had to work with.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee was not good. The shower had intermittent hot/cold water. Swimming pool was not available for use.

Room was clean and had been renovated.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

front desk women were screaming because there was a cat in the lobby. It had come in from outside and was afraid. The big black woman was so loud that made the cat even more afraid. I tried to talk to her but she was in a panic. MY god it was just a cat not a lion. The other lady was new but she was quiet. My room was easy to get too since it was on the ground level and down from the office. If I ever make reservations on line again I will stress to be away from slamming car doors and people talking all hours of the night.

location to the interstate was the best part with everything you need right there in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at front desk are SO RUDE and incredibly incompetent - they literally know NOTHING about how to be a front desk clerk in a motel/hotel. There are SO MANY OTHER choices at same intersection - I suspect every single other property is a better buy - this place is the ONE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS - it is really GROSS. The food is disgusting & very unappealing dry cereal & who knows if the milk is expired? Waffle maker broken. A/C not working, rooms NOT clean - the whole place is GROSS!!!

DON'T stay here - it is GROSS and the STAFF are as incompetent and rude as they come! Air conditioning does not work, entered room & found furniture knocked over in the room. Stains in the carpet, beds and worst of all leaking water from the ceiling with huge water stains on the ceiling - GROSS GROSS GROSS! Called the front desk - they NEVER CAME to do anything in 24 hours!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were dirty and smelly...we had to deoderize and clean the bathroom and wipe down and disenfect the room ourselves. There was no breakfast available as was advertized for this location....worst stay ever!!

Nothing...

Pool didn't look clean.

The room were clean and the bed were good shape. Air condition were great. People were alway friendly where we coming or going. Parking was plenty.

• King Room - Smoking

It was not that much clean, and option for breakfast was limited.

The location of the property was excellent. 20 minutes from good restaurants, one hour away from Tybee Island. That definitely helps.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that things weren't as advertised. The pool wasn't ready and we visited the week before Memorial Day. The breakfast wasn't worth getting out of bed for and I'm usually not fussy about breakfast. The coffee was terrible. The guest computer was not usable and the cold water in the shower didn't work, taking a comfortable shower was impossible.

The location was good. Plenty of places to visit and restaurants close by.

The breakfast was sparse as far as I could tell, though other reviewers have said differently.

Lots of pillows! Very convenient from Interstate. We didn't have any cleanliness problems.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Only got this room for one night bc me and my husband went on the river boat cruise but I took a shower sat about 12:30 that night we checked out Sunday at 11 about 730sunday while I'm at work I started scratching now I have red spots all over me so that tells me the room had bed bugs wasn't even gone 12hrs and now look and the outlets was messed up cable TV has static toliet smells like piss been sitting for days

The check in lady

• Superior King Room - Smoking

1. Had real problems staying co0nnected to the internet, possibly because I had room 143, far from the office. 2. Although it is becoming the industry norm, 11 a.m. for check-out is not acceptable for seniors like me who need extra time and feel rushed. We need till noon. 3. I was VERY disappointed that housekeeping knocked on my door at 10:02 a.m. Woke me up actually.

The room I had booked, 6 months in advance, was unavailable when we arrived. The room we got smelled like mildew and I am not completely convinced it was a non-smoking room. The shower did not work right, alternated from freezing to way too hot. The bed was not comfortable.

Waffle maker at the continental breakfast. The location was good for what we were there for.

The toilet and water temperature gave us issues throughout trip. Also room service had a tendency to barge in if not responded to right away.

Comfortable, clean and great price

I had a complaint about my room, and the front desk representative changed my room and thanked me for my patience. She made me feel like she cared about my problem. I love the hospitality.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rooms was very humid and sticky. Refrigerator did not work in either of my rooms. Old AC unit did not cool the room. Staff was unfriendly and did not know what they were doing. The waffle machine was said to be broken, but it looked like no one wanted to clean it.

Lemonade

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was in need of repair, paint peeling. Lighting poor. No bedspreads. No toilet paperholder. Plastic cups had dirt inside them. Small flying bugs in room, shells if other bugs on counter tops.

• King Room - Smoking

My gf and I drove 12hrs (NJ-GA) and when we finally arrived the room smelled terrible. I understand the room was smoking but there are ways to make the room not smell moldy and absolutely gross. Then the TV was broken I called the receptionist she told me that they would change our room. In the morning we packed all our things for the RUDE receptionist who couldn’t even look at me in the face when I was talking, to tell me that all the rooms were booked. So the receptionist the previous night lied so she didn’t have to take care of it. They did fix the TV but she was just so nasty and gross. Then we found multiple bugs in our room which was uncomfortable literally felt like there were bugs crawling all over me at night. Yes the room was cheap which was awesome for my pocket but I would of rather spent more money to stay in a better room. Because of this Econo lodge in Georgia I would never stay in another one again. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!

The bed was comfy slept great and also it was a great location.

• King Room - Smoking

It was dirty, everything was unplugged and not ready,light bulbs were out,iron didn't work,called for maintenance and he brought his child with him. Front desk woman was rude and not understanding. Over all a bad experience and don't recommend to anyone.

It was close to 95

I loved everything about the hotel and the front desk associate ticia was very very helpful she went above and beyond to get us our rooms and she was very informative

• King Room - Smoking

The pool was out of order, the florescent light in the bathroom needed to be changed, half of the hotel lock on our door was missing.

We could smoke in the room and Perkins was delicious and reasonably priced.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was dirty and had roaches. Problem with lights. Holes in walls. Staff was not friendly or helpful. Hot Breakfast consisted of empty coffee dispensers and make it yourself waffle.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Requested a non-smoking room and queen bed. Got a double room w/ ashtrays and burn marks on the tub. Told front desk about it and the girl said 'oh, I can spray it for you'. I told her to change rooms for us. Got to the second room and still double beds, and the bathroom has a huge hole in the wall where the AC return duct should be, so I plugged it up with one of the towels.

Breakfast was just waffles, toast, muffins. We found roaches crawling on our stuff, toilets were nasty 🤢 bugs were crawling on furniture, it was not a good experience

The WiFi was good.

Lamp and clock did not work due to extension cord and outlet not getting electricity

Location was close to family I was visiting and easy on and off from I95

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the Bookings.com registered us for the wrong facility! We were in an Econo-Lodge 8 miles farther south than we anticipated being! When the night clerk accepted our confirmation, she didn't tell us that we were at the wrong place! Just put us in a room!

Bed bugs, noisy people, hot water not enough,stench in room,1 washcloth,hair dryer didn't work,horribly dated room & furniture, green water in swimming pool, cleanliness sorely lacking.

Tv reception good

• Superior King Room - Smoking

They shouldn't allow business such as hotels to promote false advertising.

The bed was comfortable. But the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. And what happened to the flat screen tv???

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

my refrigerator didn't wasn't working the only good thing was the over night office desk lady

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was out dated smelled musky no sleep because of it. We drove to far because of the spring breakers made it difficult to go a new hotel. Besides all that it was to late . Next morning found hair on bed and restroom. Smh

The young lady that checked us in was stressed . Because the big event that weekend but didn’t take it out on the customers. Spring Break weekend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First the desk clerk said they didn't have any rooms on lower level. Gave us a room on the 2nd floor. Looked old, drawer off of dresser was falling off, TV didn't work. Husband took remote to desk,new batteries put in. still didn't work. Went back to desk transferred us to lower level. Room much,much better.

Second room comfortable. Looked like it had been remodeled.

• King Room - Smoking

I told the front desk about the shower not working during my two days and using the bucket to bathing, it never got fixed. I was told by the front desk clerk at check out yesterday that a rebate would be issued but Im still waiting.

Tv selection was very good, the bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was not friendly. If you ask a question make sure it is a yes or no question because you will only get a head nod. It didn't matter what time of day you encountered a staff member they were consistent.

For the price it was what you should expect.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled of smoke. Area was a little sketchy. Although we chose this hotel for one night because of price it was still too expensive for what we got.

Bed was fairly comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rips holes burn holes in the carpet graffiti on the walls smoking room and I’m not a smoker place looks run down the speed up swimming pools the horrible staff was unpleasant hard to deal with

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are horrible. We stayed here before and it was so bad I said we never stay again. I used booking.com to book a hotel in this area i thought it was the hotel we stayed at last year. When we pulled in my husband reminded me this was the one we stayed at 2 years ago and it was so bad and still bad i even think the rooms got worse. There was torn carpet and bug droppings on the carpet. Just horrible. After 2 really bad rooms the 2nd room didn't have hot water the very nice manager lady who only had been there 1 week got us a nicer room with laminate floors and it was cleaner the beds were very hard. I will never stay here again we watched one of the workers break down a door for the police to get someone to come out of there room. Lmbo! The pool was closed or something the property is really bad. And it smells.

The manager waa so nice I forget her name though. She made sure we got a cleaner room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. I dont understand how they get 2.5 stars when I rated everythingvthe worst. Dirty, sketchy, bedbugs, don't be fooled by pictures. My expectations weren't high to begin with but I was disgusted with it all.

Nothing. It is the most disgusting place you'll ever say with terrible customer service.

NO CARAFE IN THE COFFEE MAKER! And the staff LIED and told me "We don't have coffee makers in the room while the hotel is being renovated." But my room had a coffee maker, just no carafe! I need my coffee... The room smelled so funky I went and bought air freshener. Bed was hard, shower was either scalding or freezing, no in-between. Saw tiny cockroach in the bathroom sink. Will not stay here again. I didn't expect a lot for the money, but I cannot do business with folks who lie and are condescending. I wasn't going to leave a review, but booking.com emailed me and asked for it so here it is. Oh, and "breakfast" is donuts or muffins. I found this out when I had to go to the LOBBY to get coffee.

The price was right.

The staff were rude, especially the cleaning staff who would scream and knock constantly until door was answered and not leave when asked. Had to move rooms twice as in the first one the headboard broke and took out all the electrics and the secon has roaches.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Only 1 bed was turned fixed, not enough pillows, and looked like someone had layed in the bed before we showed up.

The only thing that was nice was it being cheap.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We had 3 people in the room and were only given 2 towels, I asked for extra towels everyday and everyday, I was told there were no more. When we checked in there was kool-aide that had been spilled from the previous guests that had not been cleaned and while someone came into the room everyday for cleaning, the only thing done was the beds being made and garbage taken out, the kool-aide was never cleaned for the entire 3 days we were there. The bathroom tub and sink were clogged and had to wait over an hour to get maintenance to come and unclog the drains and when they were done they did not clean out the tub and left the chemicals and dirt in tub. Lights in the room just flickered and did not properly work. The coffee in the room tasted old and burnt. Upon our check out I went to speak with the manager who was very rude and didn't seem to care about the problems, at one point she just walked off like she didn't want to be bothered. When I asked for a refund she wanted to give a 25% discount, which I felt was not good enough. Once I mentioned that I would be speaking with corporate, she got really mad and starting waving her arms in the air and yelling that she would not give anything if I spoke with corporate. All in all it was a bad experience and I will NEVER stay at that place again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room definitely needed upgrading. It had peeling paint, was clean but not clean enough. These little issues did not effect my trip but I thought you would like to know.

The front desk staff was excellent.

• King Room - Smoking

We had a call girl next door. It was very loud all night long. Also, we couldn't even drink the apple juice that was offered in the morning. It tasted like stale beer.

It was affordable for blue collar workers.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The “breakfast” only seemed to be waffles, and toast. I also didn’t like that every night when we returned our keys didn’t work, and it was a walk to get them fixed. But staff was always courteous and helpful!

The staff was always friendly.

Supposed to be newly remodeled room but it could use new paint and better lighting. the heat/ac had dials that the writing was worn off so you couldn't tell what you were setting it to... heat or A/C. The I-95 road traffic noise was horrible !! The young girl working was very rude and didn't care that she lost another night's room rental. Also during the night I was awakened twice due to other hotel patrons yelling and being very noisy. Breakfast was not good unless you like cereal and more carbs.

The bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I could hear people talking in front of my door alot. Saw a few bugs in the room. I had to reprogram the TV to get more channels.

The vending machines we fancy and up to date. Everything except my room was nice. The lobby area was great. But I mean you pay $66 for a room what do you expect.

• King Room - Smoking

The bathroom was disgusting. Tubs needs to be replaced. Walls in bathroom where dirty. The carpet smelled and the ac vents need to be clean. It was St. Patty's weekend but $196 was ridiculous. It wasn't worth the money.

The bed was a nice size and linen was clean. It was located in a great space. I was about 13 minutes away from everywhere I needed to go.

I did not like that when I went to use the bathroom the toilet was half clean... ate breakfast and could not see TV very few choices of what to eat and the TV channels SUCK for the little time we were in there

The shuttle and the location the front office was great and helpful they suggested the shuttle which saved us time and money

• King Room - Smoking

Room was dirty, no bedspread, this motel needs complete renovation. Photos to back up. This is the second time in a little over a month I have been completely dissatisfied with this brand. I’m afraid a “Paint Job” will not make the team. At breakfast I was the only person there. Appeared to have a guy with a backpack sleeping in the breakfast area. The place had a bunch of cameras over the whole place, guess the management felt it wasn’t much a threat. Either way let’s help the homeless some more productive way.

It was inexpensive and close to the interstate.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at an Econo lodge before but this one I will never stay at again!! When walking to our room you could smell marijuana. The room was very dirty! Had mold and mildew in the bathroom sink. The shower pressure was terrible and the shower head was low. My husband is 6’2 and he had to bend down to shower. The bedding was nasty. The free breakfast one look and we went elsewhere. Very disappointed in the stay! Should have went somewhere for the same price!!

• King Room - Smoking

More cable channels and a hot breakfast

Love the remodeled rooms with the nice large flat screen tvs, the clean rooms are really nice and the decor is prefect

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were OK. TV and phone did not work upon arrival. Took maintenance man almost an hour to come and fix them. A bath shelf above toilet was missing. Only 2 towels in bath. Breakfast was minimal at best; hot pancakes, very strong coffee, 2 cold cereals offered, no fruit.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only 2 towels in room for 3 people and when we asked for extra towels, was denied. When we demanded an extra towel, the towel was thrown at me and check in girl cussed at me. Would not recommend this facility to my dog. Breakfast was terrible and cold. They only put out one pot of coffee and kept saying they would make more in a little while.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Room made me and my wife sick. Hot water wouldn't stay hot. Only one light worked. Rough towels. Standing water in tub. They cancelled my reservation at 6:00,even though they were told a late check-in. Price was 128 for the three days I reserved. After they cancelled the reservation it cost me 106 for one night. Will never stay at a choice hotel again

all of it.

Our room was dirty I had to go by cleaning things to clean our room. The only friendly staff was Jessica. It was not a pleasant stay at all. will not be going back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy, smoky, and the shower didn't work.

The only two things about the property that I liked were the price and accessibility to the interstate.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Snot was on the walls and blood and they never attempted to clean, we left Saturday around 9 and they refused to modify my payment and still charged me for an extra day. For a dirty room

Nothing, I left Saturday morning and they didn't modify my payment

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

My room was dirty and had a strong smell of marijuana coming threw vents mold in bathroom looks like prostitute everywhere guest partying in there room very loud and they threw us in twin beds when I was booked for king and was hold kings to charge more had to report to booking to get my room the next day terrible place

The restaurant

• Superior King Room - Smoking

There was no irons, no hair dryer. The towels had someone else hair stuck in the material. Front desk staff, just some words of advise when you are speaking to your guest at least have some customer service etiquette and not answer your cell phone while your in the middle of talking to your guest.

• Superior Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Absolutely everything! They charged my card twice! Two different dollar amounts mind you. The facility was filthy! Both the public lobby area, and our room. People were smoking weed in the parking lot. Our room didn't have enough toilet paper, and we had water stains on the ceiling...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smoky rooms, people not d Knowing how to do their jobs. My recommendation: stay elsewhere

Not much.most rooms reek of smoke. Only tried to eat breakfast one time and the area was not clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property is in very poor condition. It is beyond updating. The rooms are in very poor condition. The washroom area is way past it’s updating time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we first arrive seem like everyone was nice and even they told us that our belongings would be safe in their rooms. One morning my husband drop me off to school and mistakely left our collectible coin on the table. When we return to the room the coin was gone and he had to go to work so I spent all afternoon talking to a police about the robbery that had occured.

The beds were comfortable

breakfast was awful---peaches were bad, coffee was bad and waffle iron didn't work on both sides. We chose this place because of the breakfast and the need to be on the road. As it turned out we had to eat next door and waste our time. Would not stay here ever again.

the bed was comfortable and the water was hot.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't the best stood at check in for a little longer than expected.

The beds were comfortable and the location was close enough to Savannah and other locations.

• Superior Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The a/c unit caught fire when we cut on the heat. Front desk would not move us so we froze in the room with no heat. Came back to room the next night and it was flooded where the toilet had over flowed. They moved us to a room that hadn't been clean in years seem like.

Nothing terrible place for anyone

A bit of road noise. Very limited breakfast.

Very good value for hotel location near Hwy 95. Hotel attached to a national chain restaurant and coupon available at hotel.

tv snowy couldn't watch, no popcorn or cookies as advertised, cont breakfast was terrible, no decaf coffee and no tea. pic on booking.com don't match what you get. front desk on personal cell phone. bad all together, won't go back again.

bed was comfortable