Reviews of Quality Inn Seekonk-Providence 3 stars

341 Highland Avenue, Seekonk, MA 02771, USA

#4 of 8 hotels in Seekonk

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

I will never stay there again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like anything the bathroom door would not close the refrigerator thumped all night had to unplug the handle on the door you had to play with it in order to get into the room a waste of money.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

"Lack Of" Quality Inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Lack of Quality Inn should be the name. We arrived late, around 6. We were told at check in that an additional 50 $ would be held on our credit card for incidental purposes. There are no incidentals to buy. The hotel website shows beautifully renovated rooms. Ours was a dump. No only was it not renovated, the rugs were in bad shape, from the hallways and our room. The bed had this old, gross looking cover. The bathroom shower curtain hung so much into the shower that I almost slipped and fell . The bathroom doorknob was difficult to turn. I had to call my husband to help me open the door. The Tub drain was rusted. The door was chipped on the bottom and the hook to hang robe was so high up, I couldn't reach it .The walls are paper thin. We heard people talking all night, walking through the halls, opening closets etc. You hear Everything.!! The free breakfast was ok but the people serve themselves. Even though tongs were provided to pick up bagels, etc. people were using bare hands, touching everything, pretty gross. Although the rooms and building is supposed to be secured, every outside door was propped open with a brick. It was standard all around the hotel. I did not feel safe. The website is Deceiving, there is no Quality in the Quality Inn Seekonk-providence. I'll never stay again

Nothing. We were very disappointed. I wish I had chosen a different hotel. It was $244. for Sat and Sunday. I would have stayed one day at a better hotel than 2 days at this dump.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Weekend in New England!

The property needs to be updated. Doors around the property don't lock, so no security to the property. Most doors just were able to be opened without key. Door to room has a lock which worked, so that was good. Hallways were discusting. Smelly and dirty rugs. Bathrooms we're size of a closet. Exterior of the property needs paint and windows need to be replaced. Beds are uncomfortable. Just very disappointed...was not worth $150.00 including taxes and fees. Pictures online were touched up to make property look good and updated. The night Auditor needs a personality. Not Friendly... Housekeeping staff were very nice thou. On a scale of 1 to 10. Give this property a 2 Location and housekeeping staff were the only 2 things that were positive. Will not stay at this property again.

Location was excellent. Close to major highways. Lots of stores and restaurants near by. Friendly housekeeping staff.

Convenience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It stated non smoking room but it had a smell of cigarettes plus the room below us were smoking or vaping marijuana which we could smell like it was right next to us.

Convenience

Bedding was good and the room was quiet.

Room was dated and needed a refresh. A $50 refundable charge was taken in case of damage to the room. Breakfast was chaotic and not good. Bacon was not cooked and coffee was weak.

Bedding was good and the room was quiet.

Where it all began !

Nothing everything was great

Everythin ! Our first romantic evening was at the Quality Inn We have been together ever since As a matter of fact our anniversary which we are comin up on 2 years is on the day of our first stay at the Quality Inn ! It will always be a magical place for us cause we fell in love there. P.s breakfast is fabulous !

Very small bathrooms and small showers rooms could use...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very small bathrooms and small showers rooms could use updating and as others have stated water leak through roof in main hall but overall staff very friendly and curteous

my family and I had a great time.staff was kind and not bothersome

Could be cleaner .I had a propped up table on of the legs ripped out.also my door looked like maybe it was pried open before.ha d to make sure it closed.but all and all place was okay.

Nice bed good outdoor pool

Find another hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The halls and room had a musty smell. And the decor was definitely dated. I thought it was quite expensive given the condition of the property. Would NOT stay there again.

We enjoyed the waffers for breakfast.

The eggs were not so good because made of egg powder. Wifi not so good. Very slow.

We enjoyed the waffers for breakfast. Good selection at the breakfast buffet and good location. Friendly staff.

It was clean and calm.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The one thing I wasn’t content with was the back entrance door for guest to use in/out it didn’t lock so it was ajar which I didn’t feel 100% safe.

It was clean and calm. The breakfast was exactly how it was described (hot breakfast) nothing more nothing less. The pool was clean and accessible. Staff was attentive.

It could've been a contender.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed sagged a bit and was not compliant. I got very little sleep. The toilet was very low. The tv was pretty bad.

It was clean and quiet. The shower was really good.

Overall it was very nice and we would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only negative thing was the grounds needed to be mowed.

The breakfast was fine and the mattress and pillows were super. Husband had had surgery at V.A. in Providence and it made sense to stay overnight close to Providence as we had to go back the next day. The staff was very nice and friendly.

Friendly staff and comfortable not fancy accommodations!

I was able to get 2 rooms when our electricity went out during storm Riley. The clerk at the the front desk and our cleaning lady were super friendly and made us feel right at home when we were unable to be at home ‼️

Not bad, but..

Toilet took 5 minutes to finish flushing, then started to flood bathroom. Staff was very polite and stated septic backed up and got us into another room right away.

Bed very comfortable

The room is nice, the bed comfortable and it has 3 mirrors,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the personal didn't clean my room, and they were not polite.

The room is nice, the bed comfortable and it has 3 mirrors, it's good to have own space to getting dress and make up when you are sharing the room.

We stayed here to save money--next time we will spend more.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Accessibility-- It is a gigantic place; despite looking quite empty, they gave us a room as far away from the office as possible. It was possible to drive to a locked door near our room, but when we couldn't make our key work, we had to drive back to get new keys, only to discover the problem was the door, not the key This problem continued throughout the weekend, resulting in the need to bring a desk person down. There was a patch of hair on the bathroom floor when we arrived, and signs of bathroom cleaning being missed on another day. Breakfasts were okay

We booked here to save money (one of closest hotels to family members.

Decent place to stay to save a buck or 3 while in providence.

Bathroom needs a complete gut job. Toilet felt like you were sitting on the ground it was that low.

Nice place, older but if all you care about is a bed and 4 walls, this is a good place. Right off the highway, and lots of walkable places to eat in the area (The mexican place right next to the hotel was really good). Bathroom was TINY, but bed was clean and comfy.

Good location, clean and modern
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was nice and clean and modern. The bathroom also, good towels. Convenient location. There was a large group of parents and children there for a sports competition and yet it wasn't a problem.

Good location for many reasons staying in a decent clean hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is no doorman who helps you to carry out. Breakfast is very much below average. There is no good coffee. Paper plates very bad plastic forks and knifes'

No need elevator long way of corridors. We had heavy lugdes so they gave us a room no need carry up. Although we didn't have time to swim the pool looks nice definitely worth to try. Location is very close to highway but no noise. 15 min away from Providence and not expensive. If you come for college settlement for your children. It is a very good location for all sorts of shopping for dorm needs good restaurants very near by.

The value was great and I have been recommending THE Comfort Inn to friends and family!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I rugs could use shampooing to eliminate pet odors. Other than that the place was really nice. You can buy the carpet cleaners from Bissell. The girls can clean the rooms without the added expense of professionals! They work wonderful.

I liked bacon on weekends! A nice variety of breakfast!

Not a safe place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The key to our room was given to another customer who opened our door and attempted to enter our room during the night. The room was small and smelled musky.

There were no eggs. Ate breakfast at 7:15 and the container was empty. No eggs no meat no place to sit. We took a stale bagel into the hall outside of the lobby to eat.

Fantastic place to stay!

No steps into pool. Plasticware could be little heavier. Hard to cut waffle.

Bed very comfortable. Breakfast selection was outstanding. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Toilet backed up first day. Fixed by time we returned in afternoon.

Beds were very comfortable, nice breakfast, pool clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a strange smell, the pool could use a few more lounge chairs there was only 1 lounge chair.

Beds were very comfortable, nice breakfast, pool clean

Always our first choice.

I have no complaints

The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and didn't have any foul smells (like some other hotels in the area for a similar price) the bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was phenomenal, there were lots of choices.

An oasis of calm !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was rather poor we just had toast and jelly. The coffee and juice were tasteless.

We received a very warm welcome from Shari having arrived at 1am due to road works on our journey from Philadelphia. She was welcoming and efficient and gave us a room near reception which was useful. We just wanted to sleep!

There are better accommodations in the area.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was dark and dated. Carpet was shredded in the threshold to the bathroom. In order to use the tub I had to pull out the metal piece and replace with an yellowed stopper.

The beds were comfortable, as well as the pillows.

Enjoyable stay

The only negative I have is that the door to our room was very hard to open. We had to muscle it open each time with a shoulder. I'm pretty sure that it had been painted recently.

The room was clean and the people at the main desk were pleasant and helpful. There were lots of food and other places nearby.

A friendly hotel close to Providence, RI
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

pricy considering the location, still cheaper than other decent places nearby only viable for people with cars

comfortable bed large parking spots nice breakfast friendly personnel

Nice, but Pets are allowed (says "no pets allowed" on web-site)

The staff is very friendly, the hotel room was nice. However, the information on the site was inaccurate or not updated regarding pets. The hotel is now "pet friendly", our daughter is allergic to pet dander; we specifically booked this hotel because it says "No pets allowed".

The bed was very comfortable, the pillows were a little too soft for me. The restaurant was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Everything was fine.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Maid service didn't make up the room on one of our three nights...the final night

Everything was fine..we've stayed at this location on several occasions...located centrally to my family in East Providence

Check out Clerk was nice and friendly.

I did not like the fact that I did not get a receipt at check in. They did an extra $50 hold on credit card and did not mention it. When I asked about the additional hold on my card he pointed to a sign. They should tell people or at least give them a receipt ( I signed nothing at check in). I have traveled for almost 30 years staying in hotels all over the world and never not had paperwork given at time of check in. He never gave any details i.e. check out time, breakfast, vending locations.

Check out Clerk was nice and friendly. Breakfast was good. The hotel is near a lot of stores and a mile from the Speedway.

Location of hotel very convenient
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No option for food on Sunday night after checking in except vending machine snacks or leaving property. Toaster at breakfast time was not working very well.

Location of hotel very convenient

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Useful location.

Need to be near that location often-mother in nursing home. On line rates for last chosen dates were 30 dollars less than I was actually able to book.

Useful location. Good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

The staff especially the manager suck

The staff especially the manager suck

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

The one thing I didn’t like was that the guy in front desk...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The one thing I didn’t like was that the guy in front desk said check out was 12 and we got rushed because they said it was 11

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

This is not a fancy place but the staff is superbly friendly...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is not a fancy place but the staff is superbly friendly and helpful. I have stayed here many times and will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good. Good access to room for elderly relative.

Bathroom in lobby was not kept up.

very pleasant and helpful staff. Continental breakfast had a great variety

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good value for the price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Good value for the price. NO frills but clean.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Poor

Hallways and room were not clean. Also at reception there was a very strong pets smelling

Nothing soon as you went in the door it smelled we then we went in the room and a bag jomped in to my sons leg.

Room had a smell

Room had a smell

The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was EXTREMELY...

The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was EXTREMELY clean!! We will definitely be staying there next time we are in RI.

The staff is very nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property had a weird smell.

The staff is very nice

It was ok.

The price of the room

Would stay there again.

It was easy to get around Rhode Island.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was easy to get around Rhode Island. Very enjoyable.

Staff was very friendly and really helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly and really helpful. Breakfast was really nice. Everything was clean and very well prepared

Just an overnight and it sufficed for overnight.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Non Smoking rooms smelled like smoke. Don't think it was the hotel but someone didn't check when cleaning.

Breakfast was hot and fresh.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No micro wave, refrig in room told some rooms do not have them. Advertisement states in room

Breakfast was hot and fresh.

Everything is nice and clean

Everything is nice and clean

Average
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No micro wave as promised in reservation. Security doors left propped open

It was ok

The on going renovation

Price and location

water was leaking in the room and in hallways near windows

water was leaking in the room and in hallways near windows

It's wasn't bad for the most part.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had somewhat of an oder.

No,powered eggs.bed was nice

Comfortable but a little noisy next door.

Did not have breakfast.

The beds were really nice and comfy.

The beds were really nice and comfy.

Not bad for the money and just the right distance from Providence RI
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The weather If you could have stopped that vicious storm the stay would have been ideal

No waitress

L

L

Excellent Hotel

I couldnt stay longer.

Very nice hotel! Comfortable bed. Great shower.

very comfy beds

looks a rough round the edges

Very comfy clean convenient to restaurants shops

Nice

Didn't

Great!

Wifi

Breakfast was delicious and dining room was very clean

The room and bathroom were clean.

Outdated. There were stains on the comforter.

The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable.

Staff was very helpful

Breakfast choice was limited

Staff was very helpful

I may stay there again

The rug by the back door was not cleaned up for 4-5 days

It was customer friendly

Good place to stop on the road for an overnight rest while traveling home.

old and worn out

Breakfast was satisfying.

Alot

i wad asked to pay 50$.

i wad asked to pay 50$. when can i get back

everything was great

bathroom a little small

everything was great

not good - will not stay here again.

The carpet in the hallways had an awful order, room was sub par at best. washing machine/dryer did not work properly.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Size of the toilet seat - too small.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Good access to major highways.

Shower was clotted rooms had a strong uncomfortable smell...

Shower was clotted rooms had a strong uncomfortable smell pool was not too clean

Comfortable stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

At breakfast, the eggs were cold

King size bed was a queen.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

King size bed was a queen. Don't know if this is a new trend in the hotel business or not.

Served its purpose