Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Albuquerque East 3 stars

#110 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

6.2

5.6

6.1

The women in the breakfast room were nice and very helpful.

Could not get an answer from the front desk on the phone. Internet did not work; after initially signing on it failed to work. I always get a room with a bathtub because I'm old and need a hot soak to take the stiffness and soreness out after driving all day. This one had no workable stopper to hold water in the tub. I was disappointed to the point of anger, wanting to request a different room, but too tired to go back to the office and could not reach the front desk on the phone.

The bed was fine.

Sadly a disappointing stay.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was lacking, only waffles and Cheerios. Rooms weren't very clean, dirty walls and light switches and stains everywhere. Sink and toilet and doors not functioning right. Our room was hot when arrived, a/c wasn't on so we had to turn on and wait a while until the room cooled down. Hot tub was colder than the actual pool.

could have been better

Room were not as clean, bathroom small and very little lighting. Pictures were not anything like the rooms and pools were not as clean. Room number inside complex and not outside noticeable to driving

the price

Just ok

Hotel seemed to have transient people staying there,people swearing at pool breakfast fair got some kind of bug bites on my arms

Nice pool close to highway

The staff were wonderful.

The staff were wonderful.but didn't address any problems.air didn't work correctly would freeze up and put water on the floor .shower was awful.could not adjust tempature.never given clean towels even though I asked repeatedly no maid service

wonderful breakfast, wonderful bed, nice pool, great value.

hot tub didn't operate properly, and the bath tub REALLY NEEDS some kind of slip protection.

wonderful breakfast, wonderful bed, nice pool, great value.

Desk clerk was A+ friendly and helpful both at check in and...

The room could use more outlets at the desk. I needed to recharge my laptop while using it and had to unplug the coffee machine to do so.

Desk clerk was A+ friendly and helpful both at check in and check out.

Reasonably priced,and clean.

Breakfast ok, Would have been better with some fresh fruit.

Reasonably priced,and clean. Comfortable beds and good a/c. Green and red chili , a local favorite was at breakfast, a big plus.

Horrible experience

DISTURBING AND HARASSMENT!

Horrible disturbing experience junkies prostitutes there beinf harassed and having some guy walking around with a screwdriver in hand did not help as it is we were moved thinking things couldn't get any worse oh but it did. At first seemed well cool swimming pool view nice but that didn't last for long I got harassed. If ya don't mind getting harassed by prostitutes and junkies this is the place for you. ZERO STAR'S

would stay there again

hotter breakfast

The king sized bed was very comfortable. Room was clean. The breakfast was good, although food wasn't really warm enough. We were just passing through so we didn't see any other amenities.

It was ok for the $ but wont stay again!

Our window on the top floor did not lock nor did it have a screen. The shower head barely sprayed water and the nozzle was broke. The breakfast in the morning was not good.. they didn't have anything by the time I got there (I got there at 8:40, it ends at 10 the front desk told me) and they were out of food. There was a couple there loading up their ice bucket with food and a tray with waffles, then they walked across the street with all their food.

The beds were comfortable.

Nice big room.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk did not know anything on booking and we waited over 30 min for check in. The people in front of us got charged extra on their card and had to wait till next day to get it resolved.

Nice big room.

Affordable and comfortable.

Free breakfast does not exist without some ticket you only get if you DON'T reserve it online. Breakfast looked very lacking to begin with. Wifi showed to be existing but not functional.

The bed was comfortable and the room was decent enough. I only need a hotel room to sleep in so I am not looking for a lot of other amenities.

We had to come there for a family member who passed away. So we had a bed, and made do .

Things are worn out. Like door to enter the building, sometimes it wouldn't let us out. Microwave was burned. In no smoking rooms you can still smell old smokers.

The bed seemed to be clean. I do like the pillows. Cold wind blew threw the cooler/heater. So we had to put heater on high.

The front desk staff was so unprofessional, there were kids...

The front desk staff was so unprofessional, there were kids sitting at the front desk, there were housekeeping carts and laundry baskets in the lobby, there was mold on the bottom of the complementary water jug in the lobby. Management needs to take the property a little more seriously and make some changes.

The amount of pillows

My room key stopped working at midnight of my stay. Got locked out of room in morning. Good thing had my stuff all packed and out. Pretty disappointing stay. Breakfast was horrible and over cooked or non existent.

The amount of pillows

Decoration of the room wasn’t bad.

The Water in shower was orange/ rusty.. The hotel said they had a pool and hot tub. They were both empty. The staff the second day was rude.

Decoration of the room wasn’t bad.

It was fair.

The breakfast was no good. The property was okay but the rooms and furniture need to be updated and clean. The staff were very nice and polite.

I liked that it was quite. That was a plus.

NOT A RAMADA

They definitely trick you with the name. This is by far the most run down "ramada" I've ever been to. Breakfast was a joke. We didn't bother going down for breakfast the second morning. Just an overall hassle and disappointment. David at the front desk was exceptional. Unfortunately that was not enough to make us want to stay again.

It got the job done
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was clean and inexpensive.

The room was ok. Nothing special. The lobby of the hotel had weird food for sale like cup of noodles and microwave dinners. They placed empty boxes of the food they had on a shelf like it was a piece of art. Very strange.

Door to building would not open.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Door to building would not open. The goth girl at the desk told me to use the door at the other end of the building. Was repaired when I mentioned safety and calling the fire dept.

it was survivable.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was dirty; walls and doors were dirty, chipped, broken, etc.; found several dead roaches; the TV was old and there was no cable; internet was slow; water in bathtub came out yellow.

The bed was comfortable

For the price it was what you would expect I guess

could have been told maid service was cancelled for holiday as we did not have clean towels. Need more towels in room. Bed didn't have clean sheets.

If there wasn't a free full hot breakfast this place would have just been a Motel 6.

The bed was very comfortable.

The shower runs out onto the bathroom floor. I did not receive a wake-up call even though I scheduled one the night before. They did not have a shuttle for me as promised.

The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast and rooms are fantastic but staff and their care for guests is awful.

First time staying our shower had no hot water. We were supposed to receive an upgrade for this and never did on our next visit. Our next visit the clerk was very rude and neither visit did we receive our stay points even after calling customer service who were completely clueless.

The beds are very comfortable

Its okay but if given a choice i will not come back
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I thought Ramada is a good hotel chain but i have to think twice now. The toilet tank made noise and ran on and off the whole time. no elevator so i had to haul my luggage. i booked another stay but it is non-refundable so i have to stay there again

the hotel rate is reasonable

Terrible, I would not recommend this hotel. 👎

Room had an infestation of flying ants in the bathroom and window seal.I wasn't even offered a discount after reporting the ants. Bed was not comfortable.

The staff was friendly.

Stay went well. The hotel location and sleeping was good. Bath tub and water quality not good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bath tub stopper didn't work - the rubber gasket for the seal was torn. Used the soap dish as a stopper but when the tub filled, the water was rusty colored. Also the lever to turn the tub and shower water on was very stiff and it felt like it was going to break out of the wall when using it. The clock radio and coffee maker weren't fully operational either. These were minor issues. Some of the surfaces weren't as clean as they could have been.

The bed was good and the room was quiet.

I absolutely would not recommend this property.

Good luck on getting WIFI reception unless you sit on the floor in the room by the door or with the door opened and even then keep your fingers crossed. WIFI capability was one of the reasons for booking at the property. Multiple complaints were made and minimal attempt was made by the staff to correct this. We were told that the router was as at the other end of the hall or that it was because of the building that WIFI reception was poor. If you chose to stay here bring your own linens, pillows, and towels. The sheets and towels were stained or had holes. As to pillows, we had 2 queen size beds, the 4 pillows on each bed were the equivalent of 2 standard pillow that were halved into 4 square shapes and flat. Anyone can enter this property, the gate to the courtyard is opened, with no secure access. The building we were in does have an entry door at the top of the stairs with keycard access, but was broken allowing anyone access to our floor. We were not comfortable leaving anything in our room of value or that our belongings may not be gone through or touched. The housekeeping staff has their children with them running around and in and out some of the other rooms we saw them cleaning. If you are looking at sleeping in or catching a nap good luck, we had gone to visit friends and we’re involved as part a ballon chasing crew on 2 mornings of the ballon festival. Two of our mornings we were up and at it at 3 am in the morning and would return to nap when we would return from the morning event before the evening event. Since the housekeeping staff had their children with them could hear them running down the hall or playing loudly.

Closeness to I-40. The bed was comfortable.

Would not recommend or stay again.

Staff friendly and helpful, but building old and run down. Rooms not dusted, linens not fresh, bathroom tiles in tub/shower moldy. Noisy, outdoor pool not filled.

Started shower and rust looking water came out not what I...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Started shower and rust looking water came out not what I wanted to see before a shower. Beds were hard and they rescheduled continental breakfast to end at 7 am without notifying guess since they assumed everyone was there for hot air ballon show. Front desk clerk was not very polite both days, a nicer gentleman help start check-in but got stuck so transfer to lady who was just not friendly or polite. Was told room was facing pool like a advantage to find pool was drained. Not a good stay

Room was clean and comfortable and staff was very friendly

Planning on taking kids to pool and husband and I get in hot tub but was not open and pool was dirty too... Weather was ugly so we weren't too upset about it

Room was clean and comfortable and staff was very friendly

I would have loved NOT to have bed bugs in our bed. I booked for 2 adults and 2 children, had my confirmation but was told that the reservation was only for 2 adults and that they would have to charge me for the extra people if I wanted them to eat breakfast there. We eventually received a full refund but would not recommend this place to anyone. Room with bed bugs was #107.

Raggedy Hotel but our dog didn't seem to mind.

The desk attendant upon check out was really rude and told us our dog wouldn't be allowed in the lobby while checking out. People commented on poor cleanliness in other reviews. I don't think the hotel was poorly cleaned, it was just really run down. I would've preferred to pay less for a place so run down.

The desk attendant when we checked in was SO nice! He said we'd be charged an extra $10 for our pet but we weren't because we used booking.com.

Sucky Service

Everything. After driving all day the front desk male stated how his systems were down and to take a seat and wait.

Nothing because the feont desk gentleman was severely rude.

It was all right except for above reason

My son left his class ring in a box no one coukdfind it i talk to 3 differnt people all said they would call me back no one did

Its in a great location

Good quality for the money

Found two bugs in the bathroom. Also had a hard time keeping the temperature comfortable.

Privacy--away from the lobby in the rear of the hotel and I could park my rental car in view of my room. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful.

We got what we paid for.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was super hot as well as the hallway to the room when we arrived. Also how far it was from a lot of the food restaurants. The bedroom took awhile to cool down.

The bathroom was extra clean. The bed was massive and soft the pillows were great.

Bad experience, definitely not a Wyndham property standard.

Hotel kinda run down. Dirty hallways. Tried three room before being put in the forth room, due to problems with rooms. Breakfast poor. Staff not very friendly. Never offered an apology untill I said I was going to write a review. Room not cleaned the next day. We checked out one day early and was told we still had to pay anyway. Family emergency. Can I get a refund.

Location. Bed good. Room near pool and n first floor as requested.

The am front desk staff was rude.

The am front desk staff was rude. I was not allowed to take my breakfast to my room. I was alone. I really didn't want to sit in the "dining room" alone. Ruined my day.

The night staff was really rude, I was yelled at by the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The night staff was really rude, I was yelled at by the front office staff on Friday night and the housekeeping staff did not do the bed. Some of the pillows, towels and sheets red stains on them and I was pretty disgusted. Thank goodness I live in California because most of the people in New Mexico are extremely rude.

A cheap hotel that was adequate for the price. In need of refurbishment. In a good location.

Very noisy room. Stuffy with an unpleasant odour.

Hotel shuttle took our group each day to a conference. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and local bus. Good choice at breakfast.

Not perfect but good value for money.

Spa down, tv screen - not great. Entry door really noisy and didn't like that a really noisy bathroom fan came on with bathroom light. No separation switch. Lastly, it took 4 hours for room to cool off to comfortable.

Bed - super comfy, very nice breakfast, staff - super awesome. Lots of places to plug in chargers. Fridge in room was a bonus.

Pretty property and comfortable room.

Hot tub wasn't working and couldn't find the sauna. Staff was pretty rude and didn't offer any help.

Pretty property and comfortable room. Was nice to have a warm breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Not worth the $

It was dirty and they didn't tell me they cleaned rooms only 2x a week.

Breakfast was blah. Eggs overcooked. I was told breakfast was served at 6. I went in for yogurt and fruit at 645. A guy yelled from the back that breakfast wasn't served til 7. I told him I just wanted fruit. He said wait til 7. I took a banana.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

the location was really good.

Th

the location was really good. And lobby looked rather suave but I noticed and was not very impressed by their coat of paint method, and all the wear n tear was clearly visible, and really didn't impress the way the Ramada brand is known to have done in the past.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Rudest front desk person ever!!!!! (Morning) not nohht

Everything but I must say the staff was the worst and unbelievably rude. I would not recommend this hotel even if it meant staying here again or sleeping in my car. I would sooner stay in my car!

Horrible do not stay

They lied about a gym a spa and pool roaches and brown water coming out of the tub poor maintenance poor staff didn't get our room cleaned once we constantly asked and was told maybe tomorrow. Very horrible experience

Meh
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel shared a property with some kinda low rent sketchy hotel. Lots of "characters" walking about. Didn't feel comfortable cause of that. The facility itself had quite a bit of stuff in disrepair. Doors that didn't open and close right mismatched paint on the walls where either a cover up of graffiti or a patch was done. Also there was a lawn mower in the main lobby under the stairs. Seemed like an odd place to store that.

The staff was very friendly.

Don't stay there keep driving
    • Deluxe King Suite

Everything I had people trying to break into my truck people knocking on my door at late hours asking if I wanted a date

Nothing was good about this place

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Terrible experience in Albuquerque!!!!!

It should of been a sign when we walked in and the motel wasn't reserved walk down the hallway which was filthy trash and bedding laying on the floor at 9:00 PM than the first room air conditioning didn't work so we where moved than the second room went to shower and it had mildew on the walls and ceiling of the shower so scratched that plan. This was a bad experience and I will never stay at Ramada again

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Brealfast was a decent.

The alarm clock around work. The t.v. would not turn on. Window to room was pointe pointed the back of a store.

Brealfast was a decent. My boy liked the waffles.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Adequate but overpriced

The room was old. The bathroom was tired and the shower head was obviously just repaired. The heating unit was loud and rattling. The TV guide was for the previous cable provider.

The staff was very welcoming & helpful

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Quiet and Comfortable.

Front desk staff in the morning was a little cranky. (Front desk staff at check in was very friendly) All I wanted was to get was a cup of coffee before we got on the road and I was not very nicely asked for a breakfast ticket. I didn't know I needed a breakfast ticket. I was told at check-in that breakfast was served from 430 to 830. I was TOLD that the ticket was in with my room key. Never saw a ticket. No coffee for me!

The room was very clean and comfortable. It was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The lady that checked us in was rude.

The lady that checked us in was rude. Had positive experiences with the rest of the staff. Negative experience was in part because of booking.com. Older facility. No elevator. Breakfast was subpar.I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised overall.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Don't stay here!

Customer service was HORRIBLE. I spoke to 2 people the week before that said that I could schedule an airport pickup with their free shuttle. I confirmed the day before my arrival and made sure they had my flight information and phone number. When I arrived I looked and the shuttle was no where to be found. I called the front desk 4 times and no one picked up. After waiting for 45 minutes I chose to take a cab. When I told the manager about this, he said "The shuttle doesn't run during the balloon festival. I can reimburse you for half of the cab fare, I need to receipt." I told him I did not get a receipt as the cab driver forced me to pay cash. On the second day of my stay, I called the front desk around 1pm to ask for toilet paper and tissues. I was told to "wait for my room to be serviced. They are coming around." My room was never serviced. No one that worked there seemed to communicate with each other. Everytime a customer left the front desk, they seemed to be upset about what they had been told or how they had been treated.

It wasn't filthy. There was one nice lady that was sweet and did what she could to help. Really, there wasn't much to be liked.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Keep up with hot food to last the hours open for Breakfast

Breakfast was just Okay

Bes were comfortable and breakfast was good.

Hot tub did not work!!!! Rooms were not as clean as i thought they would be.

Bes were comfortable and breakfast was good.

Will never go back
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I felt unsafe and the room was terrible

It was one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed in

wifis sucks hot tib freezing cold and pooer breakfast

wifi sucks

staff

Easy access of highway
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

People loitering and did not feel safe

Easy access of highway

The air conditioning was no good.

The air conditioning was no good. We had the ac all the way down to 50 and the room was extremely hot. Did not sleep well in that heat.

Easy access from I-40

Some shady characters hanging around the parking lot.

Easy access from I-40

It was a bad experience

Dirty.... Bed bugs 205

Room 258 was naaaasty. After i moved to room 205 it had bed bugs

Vacation

Nothing, it was good

The pool

Very clean rooms, enjoyed the stay and would stay again. I'd give it 4 stars out of 5.

The TV reception was poor.

The bed was comfy and the room's air conditioning worked fantastic!

Not much

The lock didn't work

Not much

It was ok
    • Deluxe King Suite

I didn't get what expected for the price..won't book again

Breakfast was good

The staff was kind, the breakfast was great.

The staff was kind, the breakfast was great. Loved the red chili.

Just wasn’t what I was thinking it would look like I don’t mind the small room for a king bed but

The room looked like so rushed and most things was damaged, just wasn’t eye appealing

Everything ok

Everything ok

The pool and spa were closed

There was a bed to sleep in

I had a bed or pkace to sleepin during my trip

Vacation in the my own city

Far

Very nice and quiet

The staff. They were beyond rude!

Bed was comfortable.

It’s an older hotel. They did not have a restaurant as advertised.

Bed was comfortable.