Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South 2 stars

2480 Old National Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30349, USA

#167 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

Would stay here again.

Looked like a fairly recent upgrade to room. Nice size room, clean., quiet. Sink and mirror right inside entry door (not in the Bathroom). There were a couple of nearby restaurants (Mexican restaurant was pretty good).

The hotel was located next to a club and had problems coming...

The hotel was located next to a club and had problems coming in and out! I was almost hit my a car leaving the club! The manager on duty had me wait while he checked up the register for 15 minutes and not once apologized! The other stuff member did and was very pleasant! His name was Carter!

Despite how the area looked upon my arrival, No one was walking around and security was on site.

Everything was Excellent From Customer Service too the room which was clean with very Comfortable Beds and Delicious Breakfasts... Even though I was on the 3rd floor their was still no noise while I was Going and coming as I arrived late nightly due to being with Family that live in the area.

Convenient for massive shopping mall for last minute shopping

Rooms were a bit dark but that was their location at the back of the property windows facing a wall

Convenient for massive shopping mall for last minute shopping

Rough start but rested well.

I reserved a room on top floor and I was given first a bottom level room, (hotel was not filled at all it was a Tuesday evening). Once I asked about it he gave me a second floor instead of requested top floor room. I had already missed a flight and was too tired to argue any more.

The cleanliness and decor of the room was a surprise and plus.

Our stay in Quality Inn was quite confortable and relaxing after a long exhausting trip from Geneva

Everything was just fine...the bkft was a bit at the average level.

I like particularly the privately made waffles in the bkft..but missed hot scrambled eggs and some cheese and ham. The reception counter was very kind in asking the shuttle to return to the hotel after 3 mins it had left with 4 pax...that was very appreciated by us although some female AA crew member got upset as the shuttle returned for our pick up...

Comfortable and cheap rooms.

Maybe they should have more variety in their breakfast, for one day stay is ok but after 3 days, eating the same kind of food get a little tedious. The neighborhood outside the hotel seems a little dangerous at night, be careful if you wanna go out.

The first room that they gave me has some cigarette smoke smell, but they changed it. Everything else was great, the bed is comfortable, the room is really spacious and clean.

Great place for the price. No real complaints....would stay again.

The breakfast was ok....cereal, bagels, muffins, diy waffles. Also, no ice machine on the 2ndfloor.

The price was great. The hotel looks to have been updated recently and was clean and modern. The free shuttle can take you to the airport to catch the MARTA train to get into town.

Dissappointed

The staff did not keep their word. They did not represent the entirety of their mission statement. "Our Mission, Our Vision, Our Passion. Our Mission: Deliver a franchise success system of strong brands, exceptional services, vast consumer reach and size, scale and distribution that delivers guests, satisfies guests and reduces cost for hotels owners." If your only goal is to just have a lot of hotels with terrible service and unclean rooms that are disease prone....you are on track! Your customers come first so you may want to start their first. Also, hire people who actually care about themselves, that way they can care about your customers.

quality inn did not have any reservations made for us,...

quality inn did not have any reservations made for us, cannot find it anywhere, they spend half hour searching for it but Quality inn did accommodate us. hope you did not charge us because we have to pay this hotel. I don't think we will use Booking.com again. sorry!

I enjoyed my hotel stay and all the Front Desk Staff we’re friendly and professional especially Shay

This location did not have a swimming pool or jacuzzi tub. Upon my arrival my entire room appeared to be clean expect for the bathroom toilet had human hair on the toilet seat and unflushed toilet paper. Also, I was given the option to be reassigned to another room, but I declined. Therefore, the bathroom matter was handled expeditiously by the hotel staff cleaning it. I prefer the hotel rooms to have panel, wood or tile floors due to allergies and freshness.

I like the fact each room had microwave, microfridge and big flat screen TV. Also, I like the fact the hotel had surveillance cameras positioned throughout the premises, Security Staff and occasionally the Fulton County Police at the parking lot entrance. It appeared that this hotel location has been recently renovated and it is nice and clean. I did not need hotel shuttling this time, but I like the fact that this hotel offers this service and has 3 shuttle vans. I definitely would stay at this hotel location again.

Lovely room, with some disappointments

I could NOT get the WiFi in my Apple devices, which was extremely frustrating. The front desk person in the morning, whom I assume was the owner, tried to tell me I must have just missed something on my devices. But no, I didn’t. I looked for something repeatedly, but there was no way to connect. I’m a techy person; I’m not stupid. In addition, because of my early flight out, I asked for a 3 am wake-up call, which never came. Fortunately, I’d set my iPhone as well, and that worked.

The room itself was gorgeous! Beautiful furnishings, nice wicker chair and ottoman for relaxing.

It was the perfect location to the Atlanta airport.

No internet access, even when attempting to use their WiFi. Breakfast area small and dirty!!!!

Bed was very comfortable, room was clean, staff very friendly.

Nice place to stay, business or pleasure.

Breakfast was limited to waffles or sweet rolls. Would like to have some eggs added, for those of us that can't handle all that sugar.

Very clean, convenient, and quiet. Room was very comfortable and nicely furnished. Staff was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was included.

Overall it was ok. If I need to I would stay again.

I didn’t care for the carpet. It looked old and the elevator was old. I also didn’t like the A/C unit.

I liked the fact it wasn’t dirty considering I normally stay at The Hilton.

Great shuttle, service, and comfort!

Breakfast wasn’t too inspiring, but it was well presented! Having ripe fruit would have been wonderful

Service was great at the front desk! The shuttle was prompt and wonderful to get us too and from the airport. Big, cozy bed, in a clean, comfortable room!

Very clean hotel.

covered that already.

Very clean hotel... despite a couple items the housekeeper missed before I got there. Used plastic cup on floor under edge of bed, used soap left in the shower. Otherwise, everything else was tidy and clean. Mattress looked like new. Bathroom was tiny, but who spends that much time in there anyway? Breakfast was good. Overall good value for the money and not at all overpriced. Close to the airport.

Great for overnight stay to catch an early flight at the Atlanta Airport

This hotel worked well for an overnight stay to reduce the hassle getting to an early morning flight at the Atlanta airport. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean, and quiet. The continental breakfast is limited, but does include make-your-own waffles. We saw several Delta flight crew members in the lobby, confirming this a a great hotel near the airport.

Better than your average airport hotel.

Coffee machine in our room was broken. Otherwise, it was great.

Great location with a free shuttle to get you to or from the airport. Comfortable bed, big desk to work at, delivery menus for arranging dinner, and fast wifi.

No stay charged incorrectly.

My reservations were for 3/7/18 but they charged me for Feb 7. I was not supposed to be there til next month but they charged me anyway. A terrible experience so I will not use Booking.Com again unless this is corrected!

Will never stay at that hotel again

TV DID NOT WORK VENDING MACHINES DID NOT WORK PEOPLE SMOKING POT ON THE FIRST FLOOR TOLD THE DESK CLERK SHE DID NOTHING ABOUT IT AND THE CLERK THAT CHECKED US IN WAS RUDE ALSO FIX THE INTER NET

Clean rooms great hot water

Hotel was clean and friendly, but surrounding neighborhood was run down.

The breakfast was lacking in variety. The location to eat at other restaurants (within walking distance) was not very good even though the website says it is. We were without transportation and to walk around that area late at night was bit scary.

The staff were very helpful and the airport shuttle was on time . It was close to the airport, which is why we chose this location.

comfortable stay was good but the staff was so businesslike.

The front desk charged more than the price I booked at the booking.com site. The staff said they had no reception of such discounted price from the Booking.com.

Comfortable and good price to stay.

The shuttle bus only catered to the Delta's employees,...

The shuttle bus only catered to the Delta's employees, and also took off early without notifying. The breakfast was the worst but the room prices was the highest of all the Quality Inn I every stayed at​.

Not to recommend

You had to ask for small things that should have been in the room already. Place looked worn out and neglected. Cocaine vendor in parking lot.

Nothing hot except waffles. Good fruit. Bed comfortable but not pillows. Tv small.

Was good for a 2 star property, would stay again.

Area looks a little iffy for venturing out in the neighborhood, especially at night. I expect the hotel/parking lot has a fence around it for a reason. Did provide a fairly extensive order in menu if you are hungry.

Staff was great, place was clean, bed was comfortable and relatively quiet considering hotel located just south of the approach lane for one of the airport runways. Aircraft going by just north of the hotel at about 200 ft elevation.

My door was nailed from the inside

My door was nailed from the inside, there were holes in the bathroom door and I had to lift the door to close it and put a padlock on the door. I didn't sleep well because I wanted to make sure the door didn't open. You can see that the tub had not been painted and you couldn't take a bath because there was no stopper

It was quite

I will never come back again!

Because when I booking this hotel I find they have policy if I stay one night I can free parking my car at hotel for 7 days and also I called ahead confirm with them front desk. When I arrived hotel the front desk lady said they do not have this policy so I need pay more money for the parking cost. They are breakfast like dogshit.

Overall the QI was a nice place and I will be back and forth to Atlanta alot so I'll stay again.

My only problem was the mix up with my reservation. I booked in advance and didn't expect the issues I experienced.

Shay at the front desk was very helpful with a check in issue I was having. She took care of the problem and got me in a very nice room right away.

It's basic but clean, short shuttle ride to airport, can take the MARTA (train) into the city

TV reception not great for some channels

Bed very comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, particularly breakfast guy, Mike, and receptionist. Places to eat within walking distance

Good option to stay for one, two nights

Not many options to eat in the neighbourhood Breakfast could be better - no vegetables at all

Airport transfer Helpful staff Parking with security guy!

The staff was super friendly !

The staff was super friendly !!!! Warm people.. liked the breakfast. The free shuttle + staff was awesome aswell great place to stay close to the airport and cheap aswell

While far from city center, the airport shuttle is...

Wifi was slow.

While far from city center, the airport shuttle is convenient for accessing MARTA. Check in staff was quite helpful. Shuttle runs from 5AM-1 AM every 30 minutes. Good breakfast! AC ran hot.

We came for DragonCon and everyone was so wonderful that this will definitely be our go to Atlanta h

Nothing, I liked everything and everyone.

The staff is friendly and helpful, the shuttle is always accurate and the driver's are all very nice, the breakfast is quite lovely and staff makes certain it's fully stocked during availability, the beds are very comfortable, and housekeeping is extremely thorough, especially the bathroom!

It was nice

We didn't have any towels in our room. Prior to walking in the room the door was already open and someone took all our towels. I told this to the front desk

The hotel was nice and quiet

it was okay, I would go back again if I was wanting to pay bare minimum for the bare minimum.

free breakfast in the morning was almost garbage. Just ate the waffle and yogurt. everything else, felt like from a gas station. get what you pay for.

parking, cheap rate, clean enough.

Overall a great stay.

Breakfast could have come with the stay. They served a continental breakfast which was not that good. Most hotels now are offering hot breakfast for their guest.

It was better than sleeping in my car.

Gym's extremely small, would have been nice if they did not charge me for the 2 towel usage at the gym. The hotel is in need of updating, but that would also effect the affordability of the stay.

The continental breakfast was good. Hotel is older and in need of updates. I won't be back.

We got a good night's sleep and would stay there again.

A couple of minor things could have been fixed--the cover on the air conditioner was broken, a light switch cover in the bathroom was broken, and the room coffee maker was terrible.

The queen beds were very comfortable. We didn't notice any air traffic noise at all in our room.

The bed was the best and the staff was very nice.

I was pleased with everything. There was nothing I did not like.

The bed was the best and the staff was very nice. I would recommend this location to my friends and family.

Great value, clean and welcoming.

Usual breakfast menu

Great staff with easy parking and access to the Atlanta airport car rental area. The room was air conditioned. Great value for money. we used this as a stopover prior to flying back to the UK. Airline staff use this hotel which is a good indicator for service and quality.

Absolutely not recommended.

The hotel is in an area that does not seem very safe. The second night we were invited not to enter the restaurant next door to the hotel, because there was a bikers meeting. In fact, shortly after the police came in by altercation and we saw it from our room. Worst of all is that on the second night the light went out in the hotel and after almost 2 hours we decided to leave. It was Booking who assumed the cost of the return, since the hotel did not lend us a refund of the rest of the days. Many thanks for the great service that once again, Booking has offered us.

It has a very reasonable price in relation to the area in which it is located. Breakfast is ok. Large rooms.

Convenient to the airport!

A little variety on the breakfast bar would have been nice. Five mornings, same thing each day. What was served was nutritious, so this is more of a suggestion than a complaint. You would not want to walk around the neighborhood at night, but the hotel had security and I felt very safe on hotel property!

Staff was attentive to requests, resolved an issue with our bathroom quickly. Staff was quite friendly whether speaking with a guest who needed to change their reservation, or offering suggestions for restaurants who offer delivery in the area. Also, even though the hotel is in direct flight line of airport, we never once heard a plane while inside our room.

I had an alright time at my stay with quality inns

I didn't like the fact that there were not enough towels and wash clothes

I liked that the hotel was close by the venue that we attended and we had plenty of stores and places to eat all around

last night in USA

Limited availability for evening meals - staff unable to assist and local phone book not available. Washbasin outside bathroom.

location of room on ground floor assisted with transfer of suitcases from car. allowed to remain in room slightly longer on checkout day due to late flight.

bagels and creme cheese for breakfast.

the area around is a bit downmarket, but there are places to get food.

bagels and creme cheese for breakfast. good airport shuttle service, very convenient for the airport

As expected!

The location and nearby neighberhood.

The cleaning was good, the bed was ok, and the straff was nice. Ok complimentary breakfast but in no way a continental one.

Look around before going there collage park is a bad area old national hwy is dangerous

The young guy at the front desk was very rude and you can't get any reseptipon in the room

The rooms where clean and housekeeping was very nice but the young guy at the front desk was very very very rude 😡Had a late arrival and dude was very nasty even though I had been calling them all Thur the lay over in the airport

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Except for the proximity to the airport, the hotel is so-so; breakfast food can be improved!

A personnel, a guy, seems to be a general helper is very rude and nasty. He even was not wearing shoes when he met us at the lobby and did not lift a finger to help us with our luggage. So with your shuttle guy driver, the fat one. But Patricia was kind and helpful in bringing in our luggage in and out of the shuttle van.

towels were changed everyday. You had a nearby washing machine and an ice machine.

Good value for money

Noisy - windows are thin and I heard motorcycles and cars parked with their music on at dawn. Breakfast is basic.

The bed was comfortable, wifi worked great, check-in was quick, and breakfast starts at 5 until 9. Shuttle bus to airport runs every 30 minutes from the hotel.

The receptionist was outstanding. Give her a raise.

The TV in room 201 didn't show clear pictures.

I enjoyed my stay greatly. I was truly surprised at the overall appearance of the hotel. I took a family members recommendation for this hotel. And I'm glad I did. Great location. However, the parking lot can use some maintenance.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Very close to the airport, decent for the money

We got in late, I wanted to do was take a shower and go to sleep, there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. Yes, you read that right, there was no shower curtain in the shower

Very close to the airport

Great Hotel

we were only there for the night to sleep as we had an early flight. Too bad we had to miss the breakfast! The room was large, clean and the bed very comfy. The shuttle was great and very timely but it was not running early enough for our morning flight so we had to take a taxi.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great place to stay for airport

Internet did not work well in our room at all!

Very good shuttle service to airport. Picked up very prompt when we landed. First hotel that has ever even showed up to pick us up.

The smoking area make the facilities smell real nasty
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

For some reason the book me in the smoking area, and that make my stay a nigthmare. Everything (the room, the hallway, the elevator, the carpet etc) smell like nicotine, really gross.

The location near to the airport was just what I needed.

Very good location and accommodation for the price

The hotel showed some age and the dining room was dirty.

We had a late night checkin which went smoothly. The bed was very nice and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast food was great.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great staff, property definitely needs a major upgrade

The rooms were not what I am use to, I'm surprised booking.com didn't suggest something else to me based on my last 2 reservation with the last month

You get what you pay for

Room not thoroughly cleaned. Vomit on toilet bowl underside from previous guest. Grime in all corners of bathroom floor. Crumbs in handles for mini fridge, and who knows what else wasn't properly cleaned that couldn't be seen.

Proximity to airport

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

My travel to the Quality inn in Atlanta.
    • King Room - Smoking

I was put in a room next to the staff cleaning room and they were loud everyday and evening talking in spanish. They also didn't greet me like other staff does when I travel.

The location to my destination.

The bed was comfortable.

The hotel was located near to the airport but had to catch two shuttle buses to get there. This is due to airport ruling

The bed was comfortable. The hotel was value for money for one night.

Intransit necessity turned cozy night off!

These days lost of people need herbal teas instead of coffee, so to the Lipton's green maybe we could add some peppermint, cranberry or sleepy-time?

I especially liked the décor in my room, the attentiveness and courtesy of the check-in rep. (Shae?) and most of all the full self service breakfast range which has good variety and is very user friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Bed was supercomfortable.

I guess the coffee and breakfast were not really special, but still good enough.

Bed was supercomfortable. Room was spacious and good temperature and quiet. The hotel was 5 minutes away from the airport with free shuttleservice. If you need a room for a stopover or if you need to board early at the airport this hotel is perfect. Front desk people were really nice.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Staff was great but room and furnishings were pretty used and abused

Was in a non smoking room but the hallway smelled constantly of someone smoking and the comforter in my room had cigarette burns on it as did the tray for ice bucket and cups. I had a king bed and was initially given four sham sized pillows (18inx18in). When I requested an actual pillow sized pillow was given two more of the same pillows and told they were the only pillows available.

All staff were helpful and friendly without being pushy or intrusive

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Our room looked recently redone.

In a busy traffic area and for someone like me hard to find.

Our room looked recently redone. It was large, well designed. Bathroom fixtures were new. Staff were very nice and helpful. The whole property was clean and well kept. Stayed there because Booking.com rated it best and a great value. This place is a real value.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

The location was in a good area.

The staff member when I was checking got into a screaming contest with the actual guest that was actually staying there. He was rude, and belittling. He didn't care who hear him. If I could have gotten my money back , I would have cancelled my reservation, but there was a no cancellation on that room or else I would have been charged again. .. Damn shame. . The sad thing is that I'm a choice hotel member. . Never stayed at quality Inn before and I don't think will recommend it for anyone else either. I will continue staying at Comfort Inn & Suites. ..

The location was in a good area. The room was clean. It had a Continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great Location to Airport, Free Shuttle, Comfy Clean Room

6am no coffee-told ~30+ black man, he said 'someone' would refill. He left desk for 20-25 min, no assistance for me/other guests. I called on my cell phone to the front desk to see if someone would pick-up-just rang forever, no answer. Same man finally came back-he finally went to replace coffee as I was getting on shuttle. No smile/friendliness/helpfulness from this clerk.

Free shuttle to airport-driver very nice/friendly

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

I will definitely consider another choice if ever I'm in Atlanta

The ottoman was soiled and should have been replaced. The chair had dust in the corners of the seat ,arms and across the back. Had they been clean I'm sure I would have felt more comfortable in the room.

The bed was comfortable and clean!! ------The bathroom seemed clean enough...There was a nice selection of healthy breakfast foods.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Very nice and price is good

Waited forever at the airport for hotel shuttle. Another hotel shuttle bus offered to take me to the hotel.

Close to airport with free airport shuttle. Breakfast starts at 5 am, which was very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Great Spot, Close to Airport!

This was an excellent choice for us after 27 hours of travel from Southeast Asia. We were picked up quickly from the airport by a courteous and helpful shuttle driver. Our check in as efficient and we were able to get some much needed rest. Our room was quiet and immaculate. The breakfast was plentiful with a variety of fresh choices. Every staff member was pleasant and friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

I liked the staff they were very friendly and helpful.

No swimming pool or hot tub and there wasn't a knob on one of the drawers to put clothes in.

I liked the staff they were very friendly and helpful. I like the shampoo and cream rinse. I like that it was close to the airport to drive but I didn't like that I had to listen to airplanes all night.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Double check their information they changed the rules on us.

They list the hotel as a park and fly but when we got there they said that was stopped last month. We went to a Days Inn across the street that would let us park and fly. I am disputing the charge on my cc.

Didn't stay here

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

I would never again stay at a quality inn
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The security was sketchy, there was prostitution and drugs all night. Women knocking on different doors, sleeping on the couch in the lobby, food was terrible. Had to stay awake all night to make it comfortable for my daughter to sleep.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

You get what you pay for.

The room spelled very musty. When we first walked in the AC was off and the mold odor was over powering. Even after running the AC the smell was still there; just not as bad. I asked for another room and was told there were none available to switch too. The restroom smelled of urine, like maybe previous guests had peed on the walls versus the toilet. The hotel is in a TERRIBLE part of town. Do not be out past dark. And if you are of lighter skin tones, racism from the locals will be very prominent. Also, if you have T Mobile as a cell carrier, don't stay here. You will not have any service whatsoever. You will not get service until the corner down the road at the ghetto gas station. They do have free WIFI, but it obviously could not keep up with everyone using it in the facility. Every day when my son and I came back the door cards would not work. We would have to have them rescanned each time before we could get inside our room. Very irritating. the closeness to the airport was great. the traffic in Atlanta is atrocious, so being close alleviated the worry of being late for our return home flight. Overall, you get what you pay for. pay attention to the star rating. It is there for a reason.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Never ever again unless I am kidnapped...

The girl at desk was rude asked her a question and she made me regret it so I didn't ask anymore. Non smoking room but it smelled of marijuana . we were on 2nd floor but it sounded like a party going on right outside our window at 5a.

The shuttle service was nice to have.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Was pleasantly surprised with hotel and price and so close...

Was pleasantly surprised with hotel and price and so close to airport. Perfect for a clean, safe close to airport stop over to catch flight. (Shuttle was quick!)