Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Mall of America - MSP Aiport 3 stars

814 East American Boulevard, Bloomington, MN 55420, USA

#30 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV was way too small and reception totally sucked the timing in the wording and lip-sync was totally totally off they never vacuum to the room once all that was done was the bed was made and fresh towels were put in

That it was close to Mall of America and that the other guests were friendly and as your suggestion suggest it's a good start tell us a little more well there's not much more to be said about what what's good

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smell like mold and mildew because of a leak in the ceiling. The closet shelf fell off the wall. It took them 4 days to get someone there to fix it. So they moved us to another room and it smell of urine. When I told the supervisor about it, he got upset and said that this is not a luxury hotel. And refused to clean it. The shower curtain was mildewed and dried urine was on the bathroom floor. I would never recommend this place to anyone! The staff is very rude! The hosekeeping staff are not good at cleaning but is skilled at stealing! Take your money elsewhere!

The breakfast was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hard boiled eggs. It’s the only thing i could have eaten. I’m gluten and lactose free. Having to pay for breakfast as part of my room charge is wasted $$

Pool was nice and staff was very friendly

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was Dusty,and there were holes in the wall, and the nasty part was on the head of the bed box spring it was Dusty and hairs all over,

Breakfast was good the staff that was design in the breakfast area they were polite and professional

1. Housekeeping staff entered our room while we were sleeping. 2. One front desk staff member was very rude during our entire stay.

Hot breakfast was excellent. Facilities were great, clean. Hotel location great, very close to Mall of America, IKEA, Wal-Mart. One front desk staff member was very rude.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The slamming doors in hallway.

The fast processing into hotel. Day desk woman, I believe her name is Linda? Is very efficient and knows what she's doing. Thank you for the prompt check in.

I observed what looked like someone trying to break into the cars. As I walked to my vehicle, the person walked away from all the vehicles. The front desk was concerned and asked the shuttle driver to checkout the parking lot. Possibly have security on the location.

Hot tub, pool, breakfast and great front desk personnel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The patio was dirty and had cigarette butts on it. Ours was a non-smoking room. The patio door curtain had the hem torn and dragged on the floor. The breakfast traffic flow was criss-cross, and jumbled. The waffle line was too long to wait for. Some of the guest hung out in the breakfast area for hours, taking up space. Some of the teen age guests were cat napping in the lobby chairs, during the day, a couple of the days. Elevator carpets filthy.

The bed was comfortable. The pool area was nice, and the hot tub. The variety of breakfast foods was very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell of the pool chlorine is too strong, but the temp of the whirpool is perfect!

I like there breakfast selection. And the staff are really nice. Love the free parking as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No heat and no AC, very uncomfortable stay. I called desk a guy came tore unit half off wall and left it that way rest of stay. Not happy at all and my daughter complained all night long . This is unacceptable in my opinion!

The hot tub was hot

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I asked for a cot to sleep on and ended up sleeping on top of the bedding as I could feel all the wires of the mattress. Also when I took a shower there was hair in the shower that did not belong to any of us staying.

Enjoyed the free wifi And the location is awesome.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was great. The common areas need some upgrading. Carpets very dirty looking and old in hallways and elevators but inside the room was updated and great

Room was very clean and comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It could use some renovations to the bathroom also the entry door looked as if it had been broken into. Visible groves on it.all

Housekeeper was wonderful very helpful and kind.

NOTHING!!! It's clean, quiet,staff very friendly and helpful.There was absolutely nothing bad.

Everything as usual, Great,clean,real breakfast served.Nice quiet, comfortable stay!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was not displeased. The hotel is older with signs of age and repaired damage, but was clean and comfortable.

The staff was wonderful. There is a free shuttle to the Mall of America, although we did not use that. The breakfast was pretty good with bread products, and waffles to make, fruit, and yogurt.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much chlorine in the pool caused burning eyes and you could smell it the breakfast room.

Shuttle to Mall of America. The cleaning staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to change rooms because the toilet didn't work and the person at the front desk didn't bother to apologize for the inconvenience, she seemed annoyed. There was someone smoking on my floor and they were very loud. The cleaning staff had to use the only elevator for the carts, so we had to take the stairs and we were on the 4th floor.

The door to the outside balcony was a bit raggedy. Was hard to open at times. Overall that was the only thing I had an issue with. Everything else was fantastic!

The bed was amazing, best sleep I've had in a long time. Pillows were always fluffy. Loved it! Had a balcony too. Was in room 440. LOVED IT

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I have no bad comments!!

The King Size Bed Was very comfortable and clean. The extra large room was so nice, especially made for people my age with slight disabilities. Really liked the handicap bars in the bathroom. Thanks so much for a very restful nights sleep. Will reccomend this hotel to my friends.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The televisions lagged a bit .

I brought my daughter to the MOA for Spring break. Everyone was professional and friendly. Breakfast was good with plenty variety for all However Denny’s is right next-door. The shuttle service was accommodating, Providing transportation to and from the mall during unscheduled times. The hotel has a pool and Jacuzzi which were both very relaxing and fun. The hotel has a small fitness center with treadmill which allowed me to continue with my walking. Prior to check out I was able to print my boarding pass from the lobby’s computer Which you can access any airline with just one click. Finally, The hotel Allows you to check your bags behind their front counter after you have checked out so that you don’t have to cart bags to the mall. They even provided transportation to the airport hours after check out. I enjoyed my stay here, would recommend to anyone and would come back myself.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the hotel is old and needs updating. we were in room 138 and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls.It needs updating.

the breakfast was great. the staff very helpful great location in relationship to the airport.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The evening check in staff was a it surly but helpful nonetheless.

The shuttle is such a wonderful service offered by the hotel! The fact that it runs 24hrs a day and is included with the price of a room makes this location a first choice for me when traveling.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The heat had been turned off in the room, so it took an hour before the room was warm enough for me to sleep.

The room was very dated and old, but nice and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Usually at other hotels you can do a park and fly and one week of parking is included in the price of the room. Here I was told I had to pay an extra $10 per night. Extra $10 a night to park a car?

nice hotel. appreciate the breakfast, great shuttle service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was not what we were told we were getting when I called in the morning and was told it would be, not adjoining or near pool. Smoke detector was broken, pool was freezing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like that breakfast was the same everyday for 5 days. I did not like that our bathroom ceiling leaked the last night of our stay. I did not like that the bathtub faucet dripped the entire time of our stay.

I liked how close we were to the Mall of America. I did like that management was quick to respond to the water leak in our bathroom ceiling and gave us a small discount for the room due to the leak.

The pool was very cold

The staff was very helpful in accommodating us to a different room because the room we were given at first was not what I had requested; but we were instantly moved to a bigger rim with no hassle or questions asked.

Hottub was dirty

They upgraded us to a king suite and only paid for a double.They also gave us a third day for a cheaper price and kept us in the same room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area was very poorly set up with a huge line for the waffle maker. There was also limited seatin for breakfast and there were a lot of messes on the ground/tables. Many people were taking a lot more food than needed so there wasn’t fruit left for my family to have.

I really liked how close the hotel was to Mall of America and many surrounding stores/restaurants. The breakfast had a great variety of foods and drinks to choose from.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool had too much clohrine, making it unpleasant to stay for longer than 15 minutes. The room's bathroom was full of mildew. The sheets on the bed were dirty.

The breakfast was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The ceiling had strange orangish red spots on it. A "clean" towel had a hand print on it in a rust color. Front desk did not fix the issue

Close to everything. Great location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool area smelled so badly of chlorine, and it burned some of our guests eyes just to walk in. It also made alot of the kids cough a ton. Way to much chlorine

Close to mall

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub had too much chlorine The shower was almost totally clogged Air conditioning filter was plugged very little air flow some items were left behind from others guests

Very good bed and atmosphere

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a mess to many people and no one cleaning off tables or floor .. pool chlorine you can smell from down the hall ..our eyes burned just sitting there watching my daughter swim ..

Close to mall and great price .. daughter loved the pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff working morning shift that Saturday AM was rude. Walls in room, above bed, had what looked like pop sprayed on wall. The elevator smelled like smoke (not cigarettes) if you get what I mean.

Beds were comfortable, great location great price and Sat evening and Sunday morning the staff was helpful, when asked questions and very polite! I would stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was inconsiderate when I expressed concern about not having towels at the pool, not finding my reservation, and the fact that the pool's chemical levels were too high. I found out from other guests that the pool had been shocked earlier in the week.

The room was clean and modestly comfortable. The breakfast was adequate for my family.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

CJ at front desk is condescending. Smiles while saying very rude things. Admitted we were given wrong room, and said it wasn't his problem. Would not credit us for downgrade.

Location and most staff great. Breakfast great.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was close to airport. The room was clean and had good space. The bed was super comfortable. The hotel was connected to a Denny's so food was available at all hours. Checking in was quick and easy. Also got an early morning wake up call as requested.

Not a thing.Clean,beautiful rooms(decor).Microwave,coffee maker and refrigerator in the room.

Clean,friendly staff,good food available including breakfast, I will look for Booking deals !!!!😀

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not the newest of anything, but for the great price, it’s exactly what you’d expect.

Amazingly large King Suite! Perfect for setting up a whole play area for our two month old.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was clean, but needs updating. All the furniture and flooring has seen better days. The double bed room had a microwave and fridge.

Location was great! Walmart is across the parking lot and a 24 hr Denny's was attached.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The colorine levels in the pool wete WAY too high. Our eyes burned and watered and everyone was coughing like crazy in there! I had a had a friend who stayed there last year during spring break and she said they had the same issue. When we brought this to the staff's attention, they said it was just because the people in the pool were stirring it all up. This seems ludacris. Something definitely needs to be done about that.

Hot breakfast and close to the mall, which was the purpose of our visit

My toilet was broke for over 24 hours before they moved me rooms and assuring it was fixed when it wasn’t.. they brought me a plunger to try to fix my own toilet..... then moved me at midnight. This was after 3 phone calls thru out the day while I was in and out to fix the toilet. Had to use the restroom in the lobby. Yet to hear back after calling corporate and emailing manager. I posted a picture as it would never go down and occasionally someone BM would come back up..... repulsive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We just had a disruptiv night sleep with parent and child in hallway late at night and child was running out of control. I heard a next store person open door and say something to them to keep it down. Nothing quality in could have prevented. :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I'm ok with things being old but our room had peeling wallpaper, a mirror that was about to fall down, etc.

The staff was very nice and the location/shuttle to the MOA was very convenient.

The pool was very over crowded and so was the parking. We had to park in another lot and walk about half a mile every time.

Room was nice and staff were friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival, the staff was friendly. However, later in the day when I went to ask a question, the lady working was very rude. They need to keep the lobby cleaner. Someone definitely needs to vacuum. The fitness room floor was dirty as well. The beds definitely were not a queen size as stated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a loud noise when one of the other guest was closing his or her room door. I could hear from my room. It was really uncomfortable.

Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property had poorly marked parking. Inadequate parking. The keys for not work and I needed to have them replaced twice. The key also didn't work on the exterior door and I had to walk around the building to get back in.

There property was in the town I wanted to stay. There property had availability when I needed to be in that town.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The keys for the rooms always stopped working. When getting new ones from the front desk my husband was asked very rudely to show his ID. He didn't have his ID with him as he had just came down for breakfast. Good thing I was still in the room so he just had to knock. I had to replace my keys at least 3 times.

Breakfast was amazing as always! Biscuits and gravy were my favorite. I love that the room had a microwave and fridge and both worked great. Having a Walmart within walking distance was convenient. The hallways smelled wonderful and our room was spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking is confusing because there is plenty of cars that are not in the hotel and educe the places to use. Was worse due to the snow these days

The room is big and comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no parking available. The room was quite beat up and our toilet was plugged called for a plunger...never did bring one like they said they would.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at quality inn properties multiple times, but after this stay I can not say I will ever again it was horrible. As soon as I got to the room and realized it was not the room I booked I was told by the very rude lady at the front desk that is too bad that’s all they have available deal with it. This is after having to wait for her to finish smoking her cigarette and fix her fake eyelash that was falling off, and was refused a refund for the 4 nights I booked. I did call Booking.com who has been handling it very well and thankful for that. Because it was 2 am before I heard anything else and was traveling with my 2 younger kids we stayed the first night. The room was dirty, hair and some type of black lint on bed, cereal on floor, and left early the next morning. Before leaving was told they could refund all but the one night, which was charged 2x for, without manager approval. I left my number with the front desk receptionist that was working that morning and was told the manager would be in contact with me, of course never did get a call, and have tried calling for him leaving messages as well. Great customer service Quality Inn! Thankfully I found a much cleaner, friendlier hotel who was able to accommodate us for the remainder of our stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When arrived, tub was full of water, fossett in tub ran constantly, was scalding or freezing, couldn't find good temperature for shower. Toilet seat was loose.

Maid did good job.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didnt like that I could not swim because of the water being filled with too many chemicals. I tried to get in but my eyes burned so bad that I only lasted 15 mins and then had to leave. My kids tried to stay longer but then one of them had their eyes swollen so bad and he couldn’t stop crying because of the water getting in his eyes.

Breakfast was delicious!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only thing was there wasn’t my daughter reservation. Who knows who fault this ws even but all got worked out with the nice lady who was working

Breakfast was good when we first checked in my daughter room wasn’t even booked we don’t know to this day what happened wasn’t any reservation but she left her car there and that had reservation. But lady ended up letting us have same rate as me where as we didn’t know what happened with inline park and fly thing. She was very helpful. Thought all the staff was very nice. Kids loved swimming

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wallpaper in br curling , writing desk extremely unstable and needs to be tightened up, bathroom clean, but wallpaper peeling all over, moldy ceiling above tub, and bath door in sad shape- top had big semi arc hole burned away, from someone leaving heatlamp on and door parked under it ... surprised it didn't start a big fire then. And green chair by beds a bit ratty looking.

Comfy beds , moa shuttle, extensive breakfast layout, lots of outlets built into lamps.

The booking mix up and the shuttle service. **Make sure to call the hotel after booking with Booking.com to be sure they have you in the rooms you thought you booked!!

What I booked with you all is not what showed up on their system. According to my booking I had a large king suite with a separate living room. When I checked in they first gave me 2 doubles and I said I paid 2 different prices because 1 was supposed to be a king suite. They told me I was not booked in a king suite so I don't know if that was Booking.com's fault or what but I was pissed because I had 8 girls with me. The front desk woman who was a sistah was gruff which at first I took exception to but she was so helpful and tried to accommodate me and refunded one of the rooms.

staff A+

They did a good job with all that was goin on. 12 " of snow air port shut down deck girl was there 12 hrs was A+ staff had to shovel out cars

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we got there we had to wait 20 mintues for "our" room to be cleaned and then it turned out they put us in the wrong room. We wanted a double bed room and they gave us a suite with a bed and a pull out. So we had to go back down stairs and ask for a diffedent room. They were very nice about switching rooms but we could of been in our room sooner cuz that room was already cleaned.

The hotel is a great price with a shuttle to the mall and a good breakfast.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only downfall was the parking, they should have one side for park n fly, had to park on other side of building where there was no entrance. And the one door closest didn't work to get in at night.

Everything was great,nice quiet place to stay.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator was slow and the staircases were out of the way down each hallway. The breakfast was nothing too special. The hotel also smelled like cigarettes. The front desk doesn’t mind kids running up and down the hallways either at 1 AM otherwise I’m sure they would’ve told them to stop when we called down to the front desk! Really cheap hotel for the price. Next time we will choose a nicer hotel for the same price 👍🏻

Convienent location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

when you book a room you have to have double the amount on your credit card! Which is not stated anywhere on the add!! Stayed for 3 nights and I had to have over $700 on my card in order to stay!! not good business

The lobby was nice and clean. They also had plenty of food for breakfast as well. the pool area was also very nice and clean as well. overall its was a nice place to be. The housekeeping crew was amazing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was a little on the gross side. Just because there was clumps of hair floating at the bottom of the pool. But that could have been something that just happened and the staff didn't have enough time to clean it. Or they could have been there for a week who knows.

It was nice that a Dennys is attached to the hotel. There is also a bar but I didn't get a chance to go to it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of room not good. Spider webs on ceiling above beds, headboard was sprayed with something but never wiped on the top, dust on all the furniture you could write your name all over, fan in bathroom did not work, light on desk did not work. Plug in's worked but not light. This was room 132 in room 130 the toilet did not shut off. Had to manually shut it off each time flushed.

Breakfast Comfortable bed and room temperature Very friendly and helpful employees

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't have any problems with anything. I would stay again

It was convenient. I had book there before, so I knew what to expect. It fit my budget.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful. The shuttle to the MOA was very easy to use. The continental breakfast was very good. The location of the property was very easy to get to.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I appreciate having a microwave and fridge without the upcharge. The cleanliness of my room was acceptable. Breakfast was decent. The location to The Mall of America is good. Good deal. I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is not a new hotel so the bathroom wallpaper was peeling off (I don't care but some people do), and the bathroom door had a damaged area on top due to a previous fire (probable caused by the very strong lamp on the ceiling that produces a lot of heat). Check out is at 11 am.

It is a simple, nice hotel located just a few minutes from Mall of America and the MSP airport, and about 10 minutes from Twin Cities Outlet. There is a Walmart across the street and a Denny's attached to the hotel. The room had two queen beds, a small fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, table, chair and one arm chair, and a rack for clothes. Free breakfast has a good selection of food and beverages. Nothing fancy but you can have yogurt, pastries, waffle, eggs, coffee, milk, tea, oatmeal, and fruits. The room and the other hotel areas are very clean. Plenty of free parking. Two computers are available in the lobby for general use. I could get in earlier than the check in hour. I've stayed just three days and had a pleasant time. Minneapolis (and region) is an awesome city with lots of attractions.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was very firm, not very comfortable and the walls are a bit thin. We could hear our neighbors talking.

Wide selection of breakfast items and the staff was very fast, professional, and polite.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle driver was not very helpful, didn't wait for us to get my elderly mother properly seat belted in before leaving for the airport. Offered no type of assistance with the exception of placing our luggage in the van and removing it once at the airport.

The hotel was very accommodating with assistance we needed getting to the airport.

More shuttle times.

We went to Denny's for breakfast because we went out for breakfast with family. The bed was comfy. Enjoyed the nice warm shower. The hot tub and pool was good. We had a pleasant stay and will stay again next time we are in the cities. We would of preferred more times to get a shuttle to Mall of America. We didn't want to wait an hour and a half. Everything else was good. the staff was great. Veronica was nice. Tori was very helpful. Thank you to the staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The view from my room! I specifically requested a higher flooor with a good view but instead they gave me a room with a block window!

You can access to the drinks anytime like getting a coffee, milk, tea, and juices!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In room 211 which we stayed in, the table was partly broken and the screen was ripped.

The staff was super nice and friendly! The room looked great and was very clean although the screen in the window was ripped im guessing from a past guest.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When your GPS takes you to the parking behind the hotel and you can't find the main entrance, walk around to the front side. Not the hotel's fault just was confusing for many others as well.

Beds were great, the room was very clean, water quality amazing, breakfast was good--eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, toast, coffee, cereal, common breakfast place but good!

Browse Quality Inn & Suites Mall of America - MSP Aiport traveller photo gallery