Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport 2 stars

3100 Queen City Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208, USA

#102 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room when I first walked in. It wasn't terrible but it also wasn't the freshest smell either.

The lady at the front desk who checked me in was very personable. She has a good soul and you can just feel it!

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast and unempethedic staff. Located in a bad area and the room next to me had music playing all night.

Close to Crackerbarrel. Staff kept the room relatively clean for my 4 day stay.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

I requested two blankets be brought to the room (approx. 7pm), but i was told they couldn't FIND any. Then, they called me back hours later asking me to come to the front desk to get a bedsheet instead(approx 11pm). .

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The lady working during breakfast was very pleasant and the coffee was good.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Room service was terrible. Had to constantly ask for towels and my room was not cleaned on my last day there.

Location was perfect. I loved Sabrina White! She was so accommodating and pleasant. We really appreciated her attention and kindness. She deserves a promotion!

• Traditional Double Room

The guy at the reception speaks very silently and fast that it was really hard to communicate with him. He may try to speak in a more understandable way. Other than that, his attitude was good.

The room, the sheets and the towels were perfectly clean. The room was big enough for 3 adults. The breakfast was very good. Although I did not use it, the hotel has an airport shuttle. And its location is close to the airport.

• Traditional Double Room

We had to call at 130 am bc the tv would not work it was stuck in Spanish, has to wait extra long bc the man was running the shuttle.

Bed was perfect and breakfast was good

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

We wanted to go to the pool but it was locked so we asked the manager if she could open it. And she gave us a huge attitude and she yelled and said no. About 10 minutes later she opened the pool for a group of other people that were black *we are white* anyway we confronted her after that and she said I can do whatever I want and I don’t want y’all in the pool.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. It is what it is, but next time I'll spend the extra $20 a night for a better location.

The price. For $20 more per night though, I could have stayed at a hotel with more stars.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not very inviting. We had issues with the toilet.

The desk staff was very accommodating in a bad situation. Stuck in Charlotte due to weather.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

I loved the waffles and the gentleman at the front desk he was very nice I let him know that we wouldn’t be arriving until the wee early hours of the morning time and he was like no problem I got you and when we got there we had no problems

I loved the waffles and the gentleman at the front desk he was very nice I let him know that we wouldn’t be arriving until the wee early hours of the morning time and he was like no problem I got you and when we get there we had no problems

• Traditional Double Room

the breakfast was good, the room was good, we arrived really late so did not have much time to stay, just was there 8 hrs to sleep / rest and then head home.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Although the bed was very comfy and clean, there was a small burn hole in the comforter (the only non appealing part of the stay).

The bed was super comfy. Overall very clean room.

• Traditional Double Room

They don’t have hot eggs and hash browns.lol but they did have waffles.

We checked in at 330 am due to a delayed flight. Very accommodating and the Della was very nice. We even booked a shuttle for a few hours later. Good coffee !

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very Poor one of the reasons I stay is because I tough I can save money including breakfast but I end up eating outside because they only have. Cereal waffles and orange juice

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

motel not what we were expecting. Furniture (couch) very worn. The people were very nice to us but the first room we had was just too small.

They moved us to a larger room with king bed and it worked out ok.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Requested a roll-away bed, and when we arrived, was told they had none available. The next night, we requested an extra pillow and blanket and was informed that we couldn't have them because we weren't authorized to have five people in the room. There were old nail clippings in the bathroom, and we were given double beds vice queen as reserved.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff but unfortunately the rooms were not as advertised. They smelled of smoke and beds made haphazardly upon check-in. Also very small for what was requested. I immediately told receptionist that accommodations were not acceptable and she refunded my payment with sincere apologies.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

The drain in the bathtub would not drain water.

Staff was very helpful in getting me to the airport on time and providing information about the Charlotte area. I will definitely be staying here again next time I am in Charlotte

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Electric point and plug not easily accessible. Faulty. Problem in phone charging. Drinking water should be free. No one want to drink from sink tap. Not a big money to include drinking water bottle at least 2 liter per guest.

Good room size, clean,table and chair for work

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast hours began after our departure to airport.

We liked the proximity to the airport. The airport shuttle was on time to and from the airport. Incredibly comfortable sleep.

• Traditional Double Room

The door to the room had a large gap. The door didn't feel secure. The toilet area needed a good cleaning. Not sure what the spots on the ceiling were.

Breakfast Waffle was good. A great selection to choose from. Convenient location.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

My bath tub was very dirty in which ruined my whole stay enjoy a relaxing soak when placed my bath fizzie in tub the color clung to all the scum in tub If my tub was that nasty I felt the rest of my room had not been properly cleaned love everything else about this place it’s price and location is perfect had plans to stay there several more times this year but will find another location

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was good except You all need some more Breakfast Items to choose from The Room Service Was The Best We Have Ever Had The BBQ Sandwich and Philly CheeseSteak Was Excellent

It wasn't enough food It would be Nice if You all had a Breakfast Bar

• Traditional Double Room

Rooms dated.lights didn't work, bed soft. burn hole in bedspread.Bathroom really tiny.old carpeting.Breakfast only starch no fresh fruit.no sausage or eggs.Not too inviting.

Not too much had basic needs bed and toilet.

• Traditional Double Room

My dislikes was when I first walked in the room it smelled like smoke from a cigarette.

I liked the room it was clean and big enough for me and my kids.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived and the lady at the front desk said I didn’t have a reservation. So we try to find the right hotel(which obviously wasn’t going to happen). I called the number and she told me she could give me two rooms for $75 each. I agree, then she calls me back a few minutes later to say she found my reservation. She got an attitude with my daughter. The shower pressure was bad. The description on booking was a little deceptive. The lobby looked wonderful but when you go to your room it was a whole other atmosphere.

The beds were comfortable

• Traditional Double Room

When we got there the toilet wasn't flushing. Maintenance had to bring a plunger.

The location, the price, and the look on the outside at night, shuttle service to Airport

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner gave out a bad odor. Slept without air conditioning in a stuffy room. Airplane noise. Sugary breakfast. Didn't even have any fruits. Staff upon learning about the air conditioner did not offer any sort of discount. Just said that they were due to change the filters and that they would check.

Nothing to like except maybe the staff were nice

• Traditional Double Room

The shower looked dingy, was skeptical about using it but had no choice.

The hotel was located next to restaurants, so we didn't have to travel to far to eat.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

At check-in staff did not explain the location of our room accurately located near stairs and elevators. Additionally, several questions were asked regarding what we were driving where our car was and where we should park it. Question seemed very odd and out of place.

Proximity to the airport.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood was not to my liking. Saw too many transients walking around. The bed was way to soft. I like it firm. Not their fault. Bathroom is very small.

Nice remodeled room. Clean. First floor, easy access.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk person was not very friendly. I think she was rude. Breakfast ends too early (9:00 a.m). After a three hour trip and arriving at 11:00, I was not ready to get up before 9 to have breakfast.

The bed was very comfortable. There were places to eat at walking distance. I like the check out time @ 11.

• Traditional Double Room

Had no record of reservation from Booking.com. Creepy drunk in lobby made my daughter very uncomfortable and desk clerk didn't really seem to care.

Close to airport and free shuttle

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't like that anyone could go into the interior room floor from the outside balcony without a key.

It was close to our venue. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

I went to check in after driving 12 hours and the lady told me I had to wait until after 3 or pay a fee but there was a guy in front of me who she let check in early with no fee. She even called to see if housekeeping had a clean room for him. This made me angry because she should have done the same thing for me. When I asked her about the situation she said it was none of my business and to come back after 3pm. It was 1pm when I tried to check in. So I came back around 4pm to check in and it was a different lady on my reservation I had stated I needed a first floor because I have a broken foot and she gave me a 2nd floor room.I asked about it and she said that's all she had. Needless to say the check in process was aggravating for me. Very disappointing.

It was quiet and the bed was comfy.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

That I could here people walking and talking outside of my door but it didn't last long and once I was sleep, I was out of it. The only reason I'm giving the location a 4/5 is because it was 14 min from the convention. I wish a shuttle service was offered to the stadium and I could have saved $43 on parking.

When I checked in, Sabrina greeted me and was very pleasant. She informed me about the breakfast, wifi and thanked me for my stay. I didn't get to enjoy my room much due to my long days at my business convention, however, I had no complaints. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Fast wifi. Free parking. The only day I ate the breakfast was Sunday and I had a delicious waffle, boiled egg, juice and coffee. The lady in the café was very nice and kept everything clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

No sufficient lighting in the room. Also the breakfast was very small. I didn't like it.

good location. the front office staff was very good and kind.

• Traditional Double Room

Abysmal telephone sound quality. I tried to communicate with several different numbers associated with Quality Inns and it was practically impossible to hear what my interlocutors were saying! Breakfast on offer seemed to be mostly based on sugar.

Friendly staff.

• Traditional Double Room

My room door wouldn't close. I would have to force it to close. Didn't sleep much due to worried someone would come in be door. Had to put the chair against the door

I liked the staff

• Traditional Double Room

The facility put me in a smoking room after booking a non-smoking, and first claimed it was my fault. Then once showing them the booking conformation they claimed it was because I booked through a third party and they would not honor it. The room was absolutely disturbing, and I have pictures and videos to prove it. The main door had been broken from a previous forced entrance. The mirror was shattered. The bed spreads had stains and bloood on them. The tv had a disgusting splatter on the side, and the remote was filthy and untouchable. The floor had stains of food and possibly blood on it. The bath tub was dirty and had mold all over the rim. The ceiling was severely water damaged and ready to fall. The smell was absolutely atrocious, and the fire alarm was dismantled. Along with this the air/heating unit was falling apart, and made the worst sound all night. I would describe it as a loud banging noise. The fridge also made a ticking noise as if it was going to blow up. I would post the video, but the site will only allow pictures. To top it off there was banging on my door, and a couple rooms down you could smell marijuana very strongly. Along with all of this there is a man that regularly tries to sneak in for coffee or breakfast and will bother guests for cigarettes or lighters...the staff is well aware of this. I will never ever stay in a quality inn again. It was the most miserable disgusting experience after a long day of flying and cancellations. Do not book this hotel!!! I would give this hotel a zero if I could.

The only thing that I enjoyed was the morning breakfast, because it was an escape from the disgusting room I was put into.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Was book for King bed downstairs on Booking.com, called the facility and verified the booking and the gent that took my call verified the booking was correct. Arrived at the facility to check in and the lady checking people in said that they are to busy to put me downstairs. I advised her that I had reservations for this and she advised me that all downstairs rooms were given to another larger group and upstairs is all she had and if that couldn't work that I would have to look for another Hotel. I went ahead and took the upstairs room because it was to late to find anything else. After making it to the room, I found the bathroom to be unclean with someones hair all over, dirty sink, trash in the trash can, and unclean walls from mildew damage and on the ceiling above the sink, looked like the roof just got done leaking. The bed had that pounded out center in it like a elephant just got out of the bed in the center, which made it really uncomfortable to sleep when your rolling into the center every five minutes. This will not be the place I stay again or the Hotel chain I work with for business travel again.

I liked that facility was in close to the Airport for easy access and easy departures.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

We could not get into the room, door was jammed. Returning back to the room, the battery in the door to slide the card was dead. We had to wait in the lobby for the clerk to get us into the room.

price

• Traditional Double Room

No real food options around, but then again every thing was closed because of the snow storm

Good option for me when my flight was cancelled because of snow.

• Traditional Double Room

The first room they gave us was not well cleaned. There were hot Cheetos on the floor. The second room was not very well cleaned, an old price of broccoli from someone's previous Chinese food.

This is a Good location with comfortable beds

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast had a lot of carbs and a few proteins. Too much sugary stuff. It needs a healthier twist. However, the facilities were great for the price. The hotel also offers shuttle rides from the airport and back for free.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

The room I stayed in was ok. But, the couch was dirty and falling apart. There was masking tape holding closet door together. The air vent was filthy and black. The desk was covered in grease and looked like it wasn't cleaned. The only thing great about the room. Is the bathroom was remodeled. It was very clean.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Cobwebs on lamps. Tub looked terrible. Washcloth had stains all over one side. I have stayed here before and it has improved somewhat, though.

Very helpful and kind staff.

• Traditional Double Room

Did not realize that the rooms were smoking rooms. Would have appreciated if the attendant had verfied that I wanted smoking rooms.

Clean and the staff were nice.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like.

I like the comfort,staff and cleanings.continental breakfast was fantastic.the lady that accomidated the breakfast was very nice and friendly and helpful.

Nothing. Wasn't happy at all. Got there a little early, they refused to allow check in - even though the front desk was told rooms were clean. Went back at check-in time and they refused to allow my son to stay because he was not 21. (He is 19). No where does it state that they have to be 21. I offered my credit card and to be responsible should anything happen. They still refused. This is terrible considering this is close to the college. We had to search for other places to stay after a 10 hour drive. Very upsetting!

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

They cancelled my reservation then made it seem like it was my fault. The bathtub didn’t work and ashes was all over the nightstand but it was supposed to be a non smoking room

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like when we check in they told me i had to use my credit card because they take no cash.plus they have roaches.

The price of the hotel was good.

• Traditional Double Room

Booked a room with queen beds and were given a double with beds barely bigger than twin. Difficult for 2 adults to sleep comfortably. Could have been better cleaned. Food crumbs, hair and dust under top of mattresses

Staff was very friendly and accommodating

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Very unsafe neighborhood. The pizza delivery man even refused to deliver to this area. Felt very uneasy and did not leave the hotel once it got dark out.

Courtesy van to/from the airport. Close to the airport.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like all the noise of the airplanes it made it hard to sleep at night.

Breakfast was great!The lady kept the eating area very clean and quickly refilled anything that started to run out.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff began at 8 am and talked loudly to each other right outside of our room. They also began knocking on our door to clean an hour before check out.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled very bad. Floor had stains on it and shower/bath area stained very badly. Holes in wall where shower curtain was.

Staff was very friendly and helpful

An update of the room

Staff members were nice. I got put in a handicap room which I specifically asked not to have and there was no parking place anywhere near the room. because I am not handicapped. My experience has shown that shower stalls on these rooms flood the floor and smell like urine. I was tired and really over it when I left—could not wait to get out of there!

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked rate, noted in comments that I would be leaving vehicle, the hotel in booking said had free parking, and then they charged 7.00 per day, an additional $70.00 to stay at the property. It was kind of a bait and switch technique that I did not appreciate.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner was a little noisey as was ice machine located right outside room.

The staff, especially Sabrina, was very helpful and courteous. Excellent location with convenient shuttle service to airport. Good family style restaurant across parking lot. Free continental breakfast was quite ample. Loved that I could leave my car parked there in a safe area until I returned from week long trip.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was quite dirty. The breakfast could of had a bit more variety. Could of had a good freshing up as far as decoration inside and out.

Bed very comfy, clean towels and sheets. Close to the airport

• Traditional Double Room

The beds were really small

The beds were said to be large double bit the beds were really small. The staff came and took towels bit didn't clean room or leave new clean towels. We had to go get towels

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Plumbing sounds started around 3:30 am. Annoying but typical for any motel.

Clean, updated and spacious motel room. Amenities like microwave, refrigerator, iron, etc.

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were always confusing to find and no one escorted us to our room.

I love the breakfast, fast service, room, shuttle from airport and closeness to airport

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The women works at reception was really impulite. She looks like she is mad for everyone and hate her job. The room size was really small. When we put our suitcases inside, we had no place to moved around.

Good breakfast encluded in room price Air conditioning at room Good working wifi Near to the airport

• Traditional King Room

This is a complaint regarding my experience with Booking.com and my stay at the Quality Inn. I reserved 1 king size - smoking room for the night of August 31st for 2 people (my husband and I). I had a family tragedy come up so I tried to cancel my reservation with NO luck... Im still waiting to hear back from booking.com and the hotel that I personally emailed regarding canceling my room. Since my credit card was charged before I got to the hotel I decided reluctantly to stay at the hotel that evening and make the best of a terrible situation. So my husband and I got to the Quality Inn and where greeted by Sabrina (I believe)... She was polite but did not offer us the same service as the two men ahead of us in line. We where not offered a wake up call, or car service to the airport like she did the 2 men before us. We get the keys and head to the room. Immediately I see two very small beds NOT the KING size bed I PAID for. These beds where not even standard full size beds but where barely larger than twin beds. I call the front desk from the room to inform Sabrina about the mistake which she very rudely told me it wasn't a mistake. I offered to show her the confirmation email I recieved from booking.com. She nastily told me I could show her whatever I wanted to but it wouldn't change the room. So we headed back down to the front desk to resolve the obvious confusion. Sabrina, after looking up my room information informed me that because I requested a KING smoking room and they had none available... They stuck me in a room with 2 beds instead. I was never informed about the change which I would have declined. What really burns me up is how was I able book and PAY for a room that was not available?? With no other options and no resolution given by the hotel which said they had no more king beds available and now late for our plans due to the mishap with the room stayed anyway. It was the worst night...

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact that there were huge cockroaches (water bugs) crawling on the walls of the first floor near the pool. The staff changed our room. Also the bathroom needs to be updated.

I liked how the lobby was renovated and the staff was very pleasant.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was close to restaurants and convenience stores so it was somewhat noisy in the evenings.

I don't drink coffee but the breakfast was adequate and the room was clean and well kept.

• Traditional Double Room

Can atleast have some boil eggs. Breakfast wasn't good. From desk Staff was not welcoming. She didn't tell me how to get to my room or that it what the wifi password was. I called front desk no answer and no one called back either. I don't think the sheets were clean because they didn't smell fresh. This should be looked into if they haven't come across the video of hotel being caught for not changing sheet on bed.

Price was good n they are remodeling the breakfast area. The bus driver who worked the late shift slim dark guy was so nice, helpful and friendly. Didn't get his name but he's slim and dark skin

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed schedule were small. They were advertised as queen beds and they were full size. Parking was horribleness because they were full. And the location didn't look like the hey pictures.

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

Saw two roaches in the lobby. Put me all the way in the back corner room, felt very unsafe for a young female. There are minimal lights on the upstairs hallway

Close to airport

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Nobody replied to my message, wake up call did not happen, asked for room in second +floor but got one in first floor located on parking place= noisy

Close to airport, room was ok, clean bathroom

• Traditional Double Room

They had my booking messed up and had me in a smoking room. Then they said they were sold out. Ended up giving me a different room. Rooms where noisy, the air didn't work well, and I didn't feel safe in the neighborhood.

closeness to airport

• Traditional Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were rodents in my room. I had to call the front desk twice for the same issue. Was very disappointed and concerned about the humongous road that I had to endure until I trapped it under a garbage can and called housekeeping to get rid of it!I wanted to leave immediately, and would never stay there again!

• Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is horrible. However, this will more than likely change once renovations have been completed.

Great location. There are still renovations being done, however, my room was clean, comfortable, and there was not any noise.

Browse Quality Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport traveller photo gallery