Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown North 3 stars

7928 Gessner Drive, Austin, TX 78753, USA

Room inspection is a must prior to guest check in. One of your staff should be retrained.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room 232 smells like urine you can go up there to see for yourself, so we got changed right away with the female rep who even asked me if everything was ok after we settled to 235 & left to dinner. When we returned after dinner to 235 it had back up of green/brown plumbing build up running back into tub. We were so tired & settled in after dinner we didn’t want to move again. We even tried to run the water but after we flush the foul smell back up down the water won’t drain from tub? The same problem with the toilet? Cash saw the build up on the tub. We were relocated to 424 if you look at the white sheet on the left bed where my children were sleeping it had 2 huge yellow stains on them which I thought was disgusting? Please change them for next guests. I’m expecting this was not a pleasant stay but the manager comp our room when we checked out but rooms need to be rechecked or properly inspected prior to check in.

The lady who checked us in at night was courteous & hospitable but the other front desk rep Cash did not seem as personable towards our situation. We called to inform him about problem & his first response was he cannot leave front desk because he’s alone which I understand but he could have said it in a different way. I asked him to come up to look at the plumbing with green/brown backup running up in the tub but he didn’t until I called him again. He came up & left in a jiffy.

I won’t stay here again! Every thing was fair until the water bugs showed up!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We saw three water bugs that where about 2 inches big!!! And spiders!!! Couldn’t sleep because I was paranoid a water bug was going to crawl on me or my family!!

Friendly staff. Easy check in and out. Price was fair.

I was worried cause the price of the hotel was cheap.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

I was worried cause the price of the hotel was cheap. You get what you pay for. So I wasn't expecting much. However this is a great hotel. Very nice clean rooms and the breakfast is amazing. It's not just a room with some breakfast bars. There is a nice open area and u get a nice hot breakfast cooked in front of you by a very nice lady. This hotel goes way beyond for the price of it.

It was clean.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Smoking

The room design was kind of strange with the shower opening on both sides one to the bathroom and one to the bedroom

It was clean. The staff was friendly.

hhotel, the layout, the indoor pool, and the room itself was clean excep
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was bad. My window looked out to a very close project looking apartments with broken down balconies filled with junk! Clients loud causing drama and police called! Front automatic door broken. Upon Arrival room I booked was not available; had to get a different type room with a rollaway bed. Staff was very unfriendly and breakfast staff was downright rude!

The layout of the hotel, the open halls overlooking the pool and open breakfast area with marble floors in lobby.

The gentleman at the front desk was really helpful...
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi tub had stains and wasnt properly cleaned...soap scum came from the jets..second time this has happened to us..

The gentleman at the front desk was really helpful especially since we were checking in at 11pm at night..and I was having trouble with my bank card

Decent value of a 2-star hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like that Booking.com had listed this hotel with a 3-star rating. The carpet in the common areas is old torn, filthy. The fixtures, old concrete, fake plants and dungeon-like lighting just NOT inviting. Having seen this there was NO WAY I was getting into the pool. The room was clean enough but the curtains had an odor of cigarettes. Most staff was pleasant with the exception of a breakfast cook who with exasperation pointed to the people he was helping first, then would get to my waffle if he had any batter left. Really?!? I feel like the old run-down appearance of this hotel would’ve been somewhat expected if it was listed as a fair, 2-star rating.

The beds and linen were very clean and comfortable, and the front-desk employees were friendly and attentive. The carpet in our room appeared new. The water pressure was great in our room on the 3rd floor. Short drive to sights.

Good location and the staff are always nice.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Smoking

The property needs some updating. The lobby is nice but the rooms could use some help. Our first day there was no breakfast and the ice machine on our floor was broke.

Good location and the staff are always nice.

Not very pleasant.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

Upon entering the lobby all we could smell was marijuana. The rest of the hotel seemed dark. Definitely needs updating. Our room was clean but very dark and the carpet was old. During the night the hotel was loud. In the morning there were people eating breakfast that looked as if they had just walked in off the street, we decided to go somewhere else.

The lobby was beautiful, Our room was extremely clean.

I only wish I had more time to enjoy the amenities.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Smoking

Water pressure was a little low. What happened to using bedspreads? A thin blanket between two sheets? Really?

The Jacuzzi tub made my stay. And don't miss breakfast! There was a bus load of middle schoolers staying at the same time. Surprising, I didn't even know until I checked out.

Beautiful, cozy, charming, fun!
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

The glass & mirrors in our room was dirty, everything else was clean & nice. I got a couple strange bug bites while we was there, but there was no sign of bedbugs. I hope it was a spider. 🤔

The year round indoor pool was inviting & warm in December, the jacuzzi in our room was HUGE! They have the hotel decorated beautifully for Christmas & the foyer and everything is beautiful!

Comfy cozy
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

Carpets throughout the hotel were really worn down other than that the stay was great.

Love the breakfast eggs were cooked how you wanted them, everything was comfy cozi

Adequate for needs but probably won't stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hot water! Informed the front desk and they said they knew about the problem but they didn't seem surprised to learn of the problem. Overall, old and dated. Torn carpet on first floor, worn out area, duct tape on carpets. Expected more for price.

Never again!

Dirty, poorly maintained rooms, little/poor pressure from shower, rooms stank of stale cigarette smoke. Staff didn't really care when this was brought to their attention, we were moved after notifying staff of cigarette smoke smell and poor shower pressure. Head of cleaning advised us to take ground floor room as 2nd & 3rd floors have known poor shower pressure issues.

A weird place to stay

It was a very weird place. There were sketchy, trashy, tweakers along with the tourists going in and out all the time. The business center wasn't well maintained, the staff was careless and rude. Except the maids. Something weird was going on there, we couldn't quite put our finger on. It's a deceivingly nice place. Someone left used cups and a piece of their weave by the pool. There's trash in some places that was sitting there for both days we stayed.

The room was nice, comfy and roomy. The breakfast was hot and there was variety. It was close to the highway, Walmart and some restaurants.

The worst hotel experience I have had in years.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was not friendly or competent. The check in was poor--didn't get wi-fi info, no local maps or info available and the room we were assigned had a big water spill problem. We were quickly re-assigned but, things in that room didn't work like the shower and the phone. The hotel was rather run down. The neighborhood was not good--sketchy. I do not recommend staying here.

There wasn't anything to like.

Place sucks

Staff was sleeping behind desk. Staff and family and friends hanging out in lobby. Staff cars parked in unloading area. Dirt in elevator along with beer bottles. Gasoline was taken from car. Doors slamming all night

The bed and jet tub when working

Breakfast was okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The gentleman that checked us in was Not friendly.....and it looked kinda sketchy outside with a few guest (prostitutes) or close to it. Smelled marijuana when we checked out the next morning.Update the shower and bath tubs....

Breakfast was okay....need a new waffle maker 3 out of 4 were burned...but the chef was so kind we ate it....beds were good and a.c. was cold.

A short-term stay was fine.

Rundown apartment complex next door. Neighborhood appears somewhat "iffy".

Close to downtown Austin, without the "downtown" price!

Nice breakfast set up
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool hours for indoor pool meant to keep guests from swimming. Pool not open until almost Check out time n we didn't get n until late so no use of pool AT ALL. Choose different hotel for second night.

Nice breakfast set up

Stay during state trackmeet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had called the hotel using the # listened on booking.com to speak with someone a total of 5 times,not once did anyone answer. I also messaged the hotel using email also listed on the booking.com to get a return call twice and did not get a response.

The hotel and room was clean. The cook was friendly and funny. Beds and pillows comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Not going back unless I have no option.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The man preparing and serving breakfast was rude, not even in a willing of giving a good service asking: what you want?. Beds are small and very uncomfortable.

Well, nothing that I could say was nice, not even the tv.

It was ok

The shower was awful and we were frustrated that breakfast was not what was it was supposed to be and most things did not taste right that were there. Expired or something.

The room was big and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Disgusting place, rude staff

Read above

Didn't like the staff attitude towards customers waiting to check in, ignored at least 4 people. Busy chatting amongst themselves, rude. They more than doubled the room price because of events in Austin, not even near venues. Room stank of smoke, even spraying it did not good. Then we found marijuana under the phone. Yes, pot! Disgusting. Never would ever go there again.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Never again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms wasn't ready at check in, long wait, came back several hours later to find out they only had us down for single, tried to say it was what I booked,but I had my confirmation. Sent us to another room, when we unlocked the door It was already occupied! Somehow they finally came up with a double for us, even though they insisted from the beginning they had none available. They blamed Booking.com for mistakes. Will never stay here again! And will never use Booking.com again!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Don't Book It!!

Loud lobby noises until midnight. Lackluster service at desk. Homeless intruder in breakfast room and in hotel. Hall rugs threadbare. No extra blanket in room. No phone service in room. NEVER AGAIN!

Nice, comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My view was an apartment building which appeared relatively close to the hotel. I kept the curtain closed.

The complimentary breakfast had a good selection available with a chef that made the eggs to order. The staff was nice and helpful. The hotel itself was easy to locate and was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Always the same, hamburguer meat, and eggs (scrambled). Juice with bad flavor Coffe machine also with bad flavor. Like when you forgot the coffe with humidity. Rooms with old carpets and odourous

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Average experience at Clarion Inn Austin North

Although the room looked clean we noticed ants in the bathroom. There were stains on the sheets that were pretty noticeable.

The rooms were more spacious that we thought they would be. The location made it easy to hop on the highway and get go downtown fast.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Great value. If you don't want to spend more, stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Kind of run down and seedy. Location is convenient if you have a car but nothing good nearby or within walking.

Great value for the price. Free breakfast with nice staff.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Will never stay there again or reccommed it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The clerk at the desk was rude - could not reach by room phone had to call from my cell we had smoking room with no ash trays - she said if we wanted them we had to come get them. The room had a horrible order that we could not identify - was no a smoke smell.

The breakfast was very good and the cook was very friendly

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

This place is hooker central and if you value your life you won't stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place is hooker central. Didn't feel safe. Phones in room didn't work and hadn't worked in 3 WEEKS. Clerk at the desk had on GREEN lipstick!!! It was hot inside the lobby and halls. We had ants in our room. It was terrible. Please don't stay here as you won't be safe and will probably get mugged. The clerk wasn't in the lobby when we got there and had to call on the phone to get someone to check us in.

Didn't like anything about the whole experience. It was bad bad bad.

Location is convenient and rate was reasonable.

Although our room was nonsmoking, the rest of the common area smelled like smoke. The water condensation from the AC unit made the area underneath soaking wet. The pool area was under construction and it was kind of odd that it was indoors in the middle of the the first floor.

Location is convenient and rate was reasonable.

Cook very rude to customers.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They noise of customers at late night hours , dogs barking , fire alarms going off. Very noisy and pleasant quiet experience

Cook very rude to customers.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

That place is a joke
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed and we had grandkids come to swim. they didn't do room service and when they did we had items come up missing, the sheets had blood stains and holes, refused to serve us eggs but the people behind us got eggs served. Also they gave out our room number to someone we didn't want or need to deal with. Without calling the room, the rooms phone never worked.

The jacuzzi

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

My stay iat North Austin CLARION

The hotel is old and dirty. Carpet is worn and old. There was a Cockroaches in the bathroom ! Could use an upgrade and remodeling yesterday .

The hot breakfast on weekends th2

Trip
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The non-smoking room smells cigarrete smoke! As well as smelly.

The location is not far away from the city downtown.

The hotel is fine, but could be better
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be better - not a big selection of dishes. One day breakfast was simply cancelled.

Room is clean and quite big.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Person at Breakfast counter was very irritable and grumpy

Quality is really good Quality

Nothing was bad

Clean

It was clean.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

We were disappointed in the spa tub. Stained and gross in appearance.

It was clean. The beds were comfortable.

Nice place to stay

Great breakfast and kitchen staff

Good value. Good breakfast

No comply

Satisfied

Nice n quiet n indoor

Awful, would never recommend
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

No hot water no customer service

No hot water.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

No hot water. I was moved to two rooms and neither one of them had hot water rm 106 and 310

Other than the fact that i have yet to receive my deposit, for the money spent, i feel i got

Vending machine area filthy

I liked the hot breakfast every morning

Close to downtown

Close to downtown

Food is good, price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Carpet was not clean, and there were roaches

Food is good, price

Great breakfast, comfy beds, quiet

Great breakfast, comfy beds, quiet

The stay was horrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My shower water was cold my entire trip. There were dirty clothes left in my room. The bathroom needed to be cleaned.

Spa tub in our room.
    • King Room Interior Corridor - Non-Smoking

The room smelt like cat pee. Carpet was weird feeling.

Spa tub in our room. Very roomy.

Run down

Hallway was dirty, the carpet was dirty and falling apart, the walls are dirty, smells musty, and WiFi was bad

The room was clean

Fair
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of homeless people coming in and out of the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and professional

It was easy to find and check in

It was easy to find and check in

ROT RALLY Anniversary Getaway

No hot water for bath, water barley trickled, hot, etc

Nothing at all; worst place I've stayed

My Super Hotel Visit!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I found a couple small issues. Not even worth mentioning.

Breakfast! Great Bacon. The Cook could cook Eggs the Best!. Pool was Cool Too.

Everything room was clean indoor pool

Everything room was clean indoor pool

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The WiFi sucked.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The WiFi sucked. The pool and the gym were out of commission

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Staff not responsive when told of issue, had to call...

Staff not responsive when told of issue, had to call corporate office to seek resolution.

They are rude

Toilet leaked and carpets in terrible shape

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Size of room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Shower didn't work, hotel is extremely tired. Noisy throughout the night.

Size of room. Staff.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Breakfast, staff

Breakfast, staff

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

I got annoyed at this hotel

The remote didnt work for the tv the water didnt go down in the tub the only nice person was the cook at breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

There wasn't any hot water pressure.

There wasn't any hot water pressure. Luke warm was the best that was available at a trickle.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

The guy who cooked the breakfast was so happy and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The guy who cooked the breakfast was so happy and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

COTA weekend hotel stay

breakfast buffet/bar and staff were exceptional

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

It's the clarion

The price

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

We were very pleased with our stay.

I found it very quiet, we couldn't hear the traffic on the highway. Great free breakfast, great tasting eggs.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Value for money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good warm breakfast, better than most others in this value segment

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Location was not geeat but turned out to be a nice stay.

Location was not geeat but turned out to be a nice stay.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Overall, a great place to stay.

Shower had low water pressure.

The free breakfast was really great! Wifi was super fast! The room was clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

lunch supper
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

If you had a restraunt for lunch in eveing it would be even better

The free breakfast in privacy

There are also 54 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.