Reviews of Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel 3 stars

100 Busse Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, USA

#3 of 12 hotels in Elk Grove Village

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is not in a nice area, so the only reason to stay here is for a late night arrival / early morning takeoff. It’s about 1.5hr with metro from the airport to central Chicago. I called the hotel for the airport shuttle upon arrival and the woman at the desk quoted me 10min, but after 40min seeing the same hotel shuttles making return circles of the airport, I still was waiting...just wish I would have known that so I didn’t have to wait out in the cold! Also it seemed that the driver of the hotel shuttle was picking up her friend (which explains the delay). There was a guy sitting in the front seat with Walmart bags and he was talking to the driver about mutual friends and then he was dropped off at a storage place near a motel on the way to the BW. Even with this, I was happy that my parents were picked up promptly at the airport when they arrived at midnight (by a different driver)

Upgraded well decorated hotel, great breakfast with everything you would like (scrambled/hard boiled eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, breads, juices, coffee, etc...), free airport shuttle, Wi-Fi without password and strong signal.

I loved everything

The room is so different from other hotels. The shower head has 4 sides. They provided yoga equipment in my room too. And the bed was soooooo comfortable!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff wouldn't let me use my vida debit but the holiday inn down the street excepted it. I went through a lot of trouble with the bed western, they wouldn't except cash and I had my 4 month old with me late at night after a 2 hour drive. They weren't understanding at all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff (front desk & shuttle service) were very friendly and easy to work with, they addressed my special requests for shuttle service and were very receptive and able to meet my needs. While going to room passed several Room Service Staff and they greeted me with an enthusiastic hello, at that point I felt comfortable that my room would be satisfactory, as it was. Will be booking again in the future.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very quiet even though the hotel was in a high traffic area. The decor was updated and comfortable. The staff instituted Valentine's game of finding a hidden heart image for a prize.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Personnel was unfriendly. The AC system was super loud and bothersome, my mother could not sleep at all.

Cheap and clean. The room was spacious. The breakfast was okay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish there was a complimentary bottle of water in the room.

Breakfast buffet was good (omelette, potatoes and burritos) plus the continental food. Staff were friendly. Room is very comfortable and clean. Free airport shuttle made my life easier. Would definitely stay there again.

I wish there had been a comforter in the closet but I was able to turn on the heat so it ended up being fine.

The bed was great, the rooms were clean, the sheets were great.

no comment as all was more than good

from the friendliness of the shuttle drivers to the staff at the hotel, to the great restaurants in walking distance, to the comfy bed, well, just all of it

A lot. The front desk staff was quite unprofessional and were laughing and carrying on during our check in process. There was not toilet paper in the bathroom and we had to go down stairs to get it... which is weird. I’ve never had to ask for toilet paper at a hotel before. It’s a necessity, so, we were confused by this concept. Also, during check out the front desk was just rude. Nasty looks, glares, shrugging of shoulders when being spoken too. Just very unprofessional behavior. They told me I was all set to check out and didn’t even ask for the key? I had to remind them. Overall We were unimpressed with this hotel and will not book a stay here again.

Nothing was really great that stood out to me.

However, I did not enjoy the breakfast selection. It lacked meat and the eggs were even cold. We did find an amazing breakfast at Honey Butter.

I loved the comfortable bed and cleanliness of the property. The staff was very accommodating and professional.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We have to get a permit from the front desk and stick it in our vehicle, which is not convenient. The hotel could just collect the vehicle information when guest check in.

The internet is pretty stable and fast. And the breakfast is good.

The hotel is not 7 miles from the airport according to other hotel drivers. The free shuttle never showed up at the airport despite i called the hotel and warned them that I was getting into Chicago at 1am

I was never able to get to the hotel, because the free transportation from the airport never showed up. I asked not be charged for this hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom sink tap was prone to leakage in 2 different rooms I stayed in.

Breakfast good and always well stocked. Beds good. Reception staff esp 1 young lady, Aruyana, was very helpful when I had a problem.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is very nice. We left our ipad and headphones. When we call them, they said they will try to check it. Just a while, they call back and said they find it and will keep it before we be back

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Breakfast could be better, eggs over cooked and oatmeal too watery. Best Western should look for alternative food items to serve instead of the traditional fare.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower was clogged from the time we checked in. Called multiple times before someone showed up. During one of the calls, we had asked to use an empty room to take a shower and was told all the rooms were checked out. Staff said they needed to get tools, but never came back. We had to call again to find out they don't have the tools for it. They gave us an "suddenly open hotel room" to take a shower in, but the whole process took an hour and a half at least. We may have just gotten unlucky but the situation should have been handled better.

The beds were very comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They have refused to honor my Airlines voucher . Management was not helpful. Hotel needs updating. Carpeting was dirty and worn.

Shuttle driver was nice

Only complaint I had is that there was no milk at breakfast. However they did have lots of other juices but my husband and I really enjoy milk with breakfast.

Breakfast was exceptional, staff was friendly. Very clean hotel! Oh and the beds, so comfy!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Airport pick up very bad when you call hotel to ask about times ofvpickup etc the girl At the front desk is horrible.. Never answers directly.. I waited 1.5 hours,.. She kept saying oh he's on his way.. It will bec20 minutes.. Then oh bye had a cancellation?? Wait 25 minutes. Finally at 11pm driver shows up.. I was at bus pick up at 930 pm..

Simple,but effective place to stay.

The staff was less than helpful and frankly rude when we arrived. When we booked, we assumed parking and a shuttle to O'hare were included in our stay from looking at the booking.com website. We should not have assumed that, however the person at the front desk was not willing to help us with any other options and seemed to be in a very big hurry to not have to deal with people anymore. I would not recommend this property.

We did ask for extra blankets for the night and we were given two large comforters which was nice.

That I wasn't able to stay longer do to scheduling conflicts

Bed was very comforting and wonderfully restful Bathroom and shower/bathtub quite accomadating Wardrobe and pressing board was a nice bonus plus coffee maker made all the difference

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The girl at the desk helped me check My plane flight when I was having Trouble.I appreciated that very much. Please give her a big raise!!

I wrote my answering the wrong box,

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Extra friendly and helpful staff. They all were considerate and went out of their way when I had an emergency. The shuttle drivers offered all types of information on the area.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Staff was hit or miss. The front desk failed to set up a wake up call for me. Thank goodness I set a phone alarm.

Nice rooms and shuttle service to the airport.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The lady who checked us in made me feel pretty irritated. I get that people are tired but she made me feel like I was putting her out and not a guest at all. She also messed up on arranging a shuttle for us even thou she was snarky about it but thankfully someone did an extra shuttle run for us and we got to the airport on time. We left at 3 am so no breakfast

The bed and tv were great. The shuttle was convienent but cold since we were the first ones to take it.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The flat sheet was on the top of a blanket instead between blanket and fitted sheet. possibly by mistake? or that is something new? Just wondering.

Mattress was very comfortable, so were the pillows

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

they promised a baby cot and when we arrived the one cot in the whole hotel was broken. We checked out as we had been travelling 11hrs from the UK and couldn't risk our 7mth old sleeping in the same bed They refused a refund.

They stated on the site that a shuttle would be provided to local bars and restraunts. For a fee, they claimed they only offer shuttle to the airport. They also claimed they were busy, while the driver stood around for over a half hour talking to staff. The staff was rude and slow. Acted like they did not need or appericate our business.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The furniture in the room needs to be rearranged some how

The shuttle to airport is so convenient We stay here usually every time we fly out somewhere.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The hotel is old and a bit worn down.

Very friendly staff, both at the reception and at the breakfast. The king bed was very compfortable. The hotel is clean. The free shuttle service to and from the airport takes about 20min and runs during the morning every half hour. Breakfast was continental and ok.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This Elk Grove Village hotel was a meeting place for my daughter, sister and I. My sister flew in from Alaska and my daughter and I drove from Minneapolis. The interstate access and hotel shuttle service made it a perfect rendezvous point for visiting an elderly aunt in Elk Grove Village and for driving together into the city for a couple of nights' stay.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Had to wait too long for the hotel shuttle. Impossible to call from the airport and didn't get info before arrival about pick up location.

Nice and clean room

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Even though the front desk staff gave me a Wifi password, it was unsecured and never asked for a password. I don't like to use unsecured Wifi.

Hot breakfast was good. Nice variety of choices for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Breakfast had limited variety. The available things were either very dry or supersweet. Nothing like a typical continental breakfast.

Friendly service, good beds, spacious rooms. Free wifi everywhere is a must!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Communication about the shuttle and storing bags at the hotel was inconsistent and we were charged extra for keeping bags at the hotel after we checked out which we were not told when we called to make reservations.

Good room, clean, decent breakfast, shuttle was at the airport

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

We have stayed here for several years, using the park and fly feature... How nice the hotel is now since its Best Western. The price has gone up.. Almost double than what we used to pay several years ago.. But very satisfied .

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The breakfast was not good, the bagels were not fresh. The isolation room was poor, I heard a couple having sex by one hour next to my room like an IMAX Movie Theater. And finally, they assigned me a room with a guest inside as a gift, fortunately the guest was sleeping and he didn't notice when I opened the door. I don't recommend this hotel.

The rooms are brand new.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The hotel was not well maintained and the staff I interacted with were not friendly except for the lady who ran the breakfast

The breakfast was very well prepared and we never had an issue of no product

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Walls permit one to hear other guests. Doors slam as most US hotels. Breakfast had apples and oranges, its all I ate. The rest was all processed food.

Rooms are large and renovated. Fitness center had good and functional machines.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Rug seemed to need a good cleaning.

Breakfast was great. The staff were all superb. The room was very clean, seemingly new. The bathroom sparkled. Shuttle drivers were helpful and friendly. Near O'hare International Airport.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Booking.com advertised the room as having a microwave oven but there wasn't one, that was one of the reasons I choose this hotel otherwise I would have chosen a different hotel. Facets in the shower and sink would not turn off all the way as the handles had no stopping point, so water would slowly drip, but it was not a big deal. Toilet bowl had a slow leak and needed a new flapper.

Room was clean and hotel was quiet, food was standard fair but was warm and not overly cooked. Front desk staff was attentive.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I don't like the Room Service at all, some private stuff have been stolen from my Room, when i asked the Manager next day,he didn't solve the problem!

The place was clean and quite

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Airport pickup service.

The staff- Carolina when I checked in, and Charles when I checked out, were so friendly and helpful. The room and bed were very comfortable. Everything is very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Sam greeted my two friends and I around midnight and offered to give us an extra bed free of charge. The room was originally booked for two people, but our other friend's flight was delayed and she needed a place to stay. I paid for two people but Sam threw in an extra bed and allowed our friend to stay with us for the price of two. It was a great ending to our long travel and a great welcome home after teaching abroad. He was very understanding and helpful to my friend and I. Great staff and the rooms were a lot bigger than I was expecting. It also came with continental breakfast and free shuttle buses to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Room See above

Staff was exzellent!! Friendly and helpful! Room was small not very clean and very old ...air Condition was loud, beds Are ok, breakfast ok, no handicapend Room available Even requested!!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Pillows are too tall, had neck pain because of it. You need to provide a variety of firmness and heights... I like lower softer pillows.

Room updates are very nice, good quality.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Apparently this hotel does not cooperate with booking.com as they did not have our reservation and told us that this is a common promblem.

The staff was very nice and made our stay :) It is possible to order in from different restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Wifi was very weak and continually quit.

The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The check-in was quick and efficient which was greatly appreciated as we had just come off a long flight.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The name of the hotel had been changed a few days prior to our arrival. When we booked it was a Quality Inn, but it had changed over to a Best Western before we arrived and we weren't notified of the change. It was a little confusing finding the hotel.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Our reservation was not completely updated by booking.com. They did not reserve the second room for us (although the reservation said it as a bundle). Plus the hotel charged us more than what was promised in booking.com. We are dissatisfied with the booking process. Breakfast room is very congested and was not up to our expectation.

Hotel is within 30mins drive from downtown chicago and rooms are maintained well.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

It was under construction and changing over names. Was not informed they were changing names. New sign wasn't up and was hard to find at first.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The midnight front desk person was rushing and actually charged us for two rooms when I clearly asked him to separate the bill between two families. Each family was paying individually and he charged it together. Our room had water leaking from the ceiling and toilet! I found a spider in the bed. And only one elevator works! I complained several times about the problems. I was informed that I would received a phone call from management, however, it never happened, I called them. The hotel manager took her time to talk to me, explained certain policies and actually reimbursed our money. I was very pleased with her decision.

The beds were comfortble. Breakfast was good, warm, always stocked! Some of the staff were very attentive.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Swiped card when i was paying cash and told them that.and my card still got charged and no type of management on to talk to about issues. Never received towels after they cleaned the room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

I booked this when it was still Quality Inn & Suites. When I got there, I saw the name had been changed. If I had not been to that facility before, I would have been confused, but I recognized the building. There was no warning of an imminent name change.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

I didn't like the breakfast, I think it should offer a little more variety. To casual for the price of the room.

My Room was excellent, comfy bed and clean room. Front desk very helpful. I like it and I will definitely book a room again next trip if I found a good price.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The name was changed to Best Western, I was standing at zone 3 for 45 min. waiting for a Quality Inn shuttle.

The hotel has been newly renovated, the room is nice and clean. The breakfast has hot food, very good.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I search for all hotels in the area with a 24 hr shuttle - for a 230 ride to the airport. I called to ask b4 the reservation and confirmed. After I arrived I was told 3:15 AM.was the earliest. Already behind, the shuttle arrived on time,however after we were almost 1/2 way to the airport, the driver got a call to return and p/u another customer.As we began again, another call to p/u still another from a different hotel. Of course now really behind we get stuck by long train. Don't advertise a 24 hr shuttle if it's not.

The hotel is no longer a Quality Inn, it is Best Western. Totally refurbished.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That I did not get the cheapest deal on line when booking and was told it is better to call direct.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast always seemed fresh.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

Their machine wouldn't take my credit cards, evidently because of hotel's software upgrade 1 week prior. I wasted 1 hour on phone with bank thinking my acct. had been hacked. Shuttle was 35 min. late on pickup in am, so I almost missed my bus to Wis. Front desk woman didn't tell me or I would have called a taxi when I had time.

Bed, bathroom, price all were right.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

The extended parking pick-up from the airport took forever. The shuttle driver was nice, we just had to wait over an hour for them to arrive. Too long.

The hotel was fine.

Stayed in May 2016

Front desk personnel

Simple and comfortable

Close to the airport. Free shuttle service and the staff who picked us up was really friendly and nice. She even helped us with our lugages.

Friendly and very cooperative staff.

Free airport shuttle and comfort of the room and bathroom.

They don’t even had drinking water in the room

Price is ok

Pillows are too firm and bouncy. Need to have feather down pillows that are much softer

Very good breakfast and very quiet rooms

Cold food and lack of food. Dirty bathroom No pool

Nothing special

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

People at the reception are nice and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

long distance to the hotel, shuttle bus waiting time was too long, breakfast was very poor

my room was quite

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Free shuttle, clean facilities and pleasant staff on hand to help out

Great place to stay

the location was disappointing

the room was very neat and clean. good beds and a good breakfast

Everything was great