Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Laurel 2 stars

1 N 2nd Street, Laurel, MD 20707, USA

#12 of 13 hotels in Laurel

5.7

Good value for the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room 309 shower curtain slides to middle of curtain rod. Curtain rod needs adjustment.

Rooms very nice. Easy to find and centrally located . Hair dryer didn’t work but was replaced. Parking lot flooded but there was rain for days and other parking available. Nice breakfast available with wide variety of selection. Friendly and courteous staff. Check in and out hassle free.

4.0
    This will truly be a hotel I will never visit again. I would rather sleep in my car.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon my arrival I had to walk past the lobby smokers directly in front of the entrance. I was surprised at the front when the receptionist asked to see my ID (drivers license) and then made a photo copy of it with all of information. I told her I was concerned of identity theft and she said she was just following policy. I've been traveling for over 30 years and with the exception of leaving my passport at the overseas hotel location this was my 1st time ever in the United States. The photo copy was then left in an unsecured file upfront. I went to my room but was delayed due to only one of the two elevators working. The one working elevator made a stop on every floor. When it returned to the lobby I was packed into the elevator for my ride to the 4th floor. My room (421) was fairly cleaned as I had dirt or lint on the bed closest to the window. The TV also had a grainy picture making it hard to view. I reported it to the front desk and the service man corrected the TV. The wireless internet never did connect but I was able to use my cell phone hot spot. The room has a iron but I was unable to use it due to it being stuck in the holder.

The price seemed fair for the location

The room suited our needs - and the breakfast was plentiful.

Disappointed about the pool not being open until Memorial Day

Staff were friendly and helpful, especially Jesse, who was able to arrange a second night in the same room. Glad to have a spacious room for 3 adult females traveling together.

Won't stay there again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was kind of a dump. Needs updating in a major way. Constant smell of weed leeds me to believe it is a haven't for weekend drug abuse.

Not much. The said they didn't have my reservation after they gave me my brothers room in error.

Breakfast was excellent!

Pillows too small and too soft. Not informed that room would be among construction. Slight smell of paint bot room fan helped to remove odor.

Breakfast was excellent! Server consistently ensures cleanliness and that items were well stocked. Everything very clean in room. Loved spread color/design.

Overall fair, the free breakfast option was a plus
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cable/DirecTv reception was absolutely horrible, totally snowy. Very annoyed. Too tired to report or complain to front desk attendant.

The AC/Heat made it comfortable especially will the frigid temperatures outside. Breakfast options were good. Comfortable pillows were good.

Pet friendly good breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hall by the elevator smell like the dumpster was right next to it and the tub in the bathroom was disgusting it was peeling and there was black stains between the tiles , it was cold outside and didn't even let my dog to get close to it😝

Pet friendly good breakfast

I enjoyed a safe stay in the hotel coupled with the hotel's proximity to the train station at Laurel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We were disappointed that the amount we got from booking.com was adjusted upward by the hotel and we were told point blank to call booking.com if we were not satisfied.

The breakfast was excellent.

fair
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the difference in price. we had to pay extra cash even after booking with Booking.com around 315 dollars, we ended up paying over 380 dollars. there is no sync between booking.com and the hotel as they totally disowned booking.com. why is this so. we had so long argument on this and hope to get a refund

see below
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not stay. Staff was rude, tried to charge a $75.00 cash deposit upon check in. Advised That I was not notified of any deposit being required. I have never in my life been charged a cash deposit on a room, ever.

see below

We would stay again.

The morning breakfast staff during the week was not friendly nor professional, although the staff on the weekend was helpful, friendly and accommodating.

A complimentary breakfast that included eggs and sausage was a delight.

It was horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It wasn't clean, air conditioner didn't work,remote for tv disappeared after cleaning lady came, TV didn't work a lot of static and fuzzy channels.

I liked how nice the staff was but that is about it

Parking was very convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sofa in the lobby looks old and dirty. The electrical outlets in the room need to be updated. The tub needs to be updated.

Parking was very convenient. It's located to all the shopping establishments.

Location was decent for what we wanted and seemed secure...

Smokey rooms in a hotel I did not know would have smoking allowed. Our room was OK but odd with the jacuzzi - not in same room as toilet.

Location was decent for what we wanted and seemed secure enough.

Need to do better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not very clean had odor in the rooms and hallways, guest allowed to smoke in non smoking floors such as marijuana and cigarettes, I have asthma and it was difficult to breath.

Staff

I was staying the night because I needed to be somewhere close very early next morning.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the bathroom fittings, room furnishings, and hallway decor is very old and needs to be replaced or refurbished.

Comfortable, no nonsense budget motel. Plenty of parking. Close to I-95.

Disappointed with facilities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were not Queen. Maybe a full size at best. Facility was old and not well maintained. Hallways dirty stained carpet. Smelled. Bathroom was very very small and in need of lots of repair.

The front desk person that checked us out was very nice and personable.

Will not come back to this hotel anymore.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at the breakfast counter was rude and nasty. She should be cheerful or at least enthusiastic because you work in the morning and you want your customer to have a great morning. But she was rude and looks like she doesn't want to work. She doesn't even greet. So BaD service!

The help desk that morning when we checked out was helpful.

With the exception of the above comments, it was what I expected for a lower star hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool hours - booked this hotel because it had a pool, however, it's only opened from 1-8pm so no morning swimming. Didn't get clean towels one day and the room did not get made up at all one day.

Location; comfortable bed and great pillows; friendly front desk and breakfast bar staff

Hotel is centrally located.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Hall reeked of smoke evertime we left the room and returned. Business center wasn't really a business center, just a computer and printing capabilities that the staff had to assist with.. police were in the parking lot a majority of our stay.

Hotel is centrally located. Nice staff

Great location and price for travel to Washington DC.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was not open and we specifically changed another reservation choice to have a pool; Ice Machines not on every floor; room safe was locked and staff could not get access for us.

The breakfasts and staff were all wonderful.

It was close to where my husband and I had to be the next...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We wanted to relax at the pool after a long drive and the pool was closed. We asked for toilet paper and never received it. The hotel's other guest were very noisy. If you want a place to stay that quiet and relaxing this is not it.

It was close to where my husband and I had to be the next morning. Getting food delivery to our room after a long drive was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Girl at desk was friendly and tried to help
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/c did not work and it was 90 outside- not looked at till next morning. Miserable sleeping conditions.

Girl at desk was friendly and tried to help

Quality Inn Laurel overall stay was just ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked a non-smoking room. We did get a non-smoking room when we went to our floor, but the smell of smoke seemed to permeate the hallway. Also the price we paid for the room did not seem to be worth the value.

The bed was comfortable to sleep in.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Lack of Communication
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lack of communication amongst staff. Called to confirm reservation that morning. Desk manager confirmed. When we arrived that evening they informed us the room was cancelled because we didn't get there by 3 pm and no authorized card was on file. Which was incorrect because i have an email from booking.com stating they had my updated info. The General Manager was accommodating and gave us an upgraded room for the same amount for which I made reservations for.

Conveniently located for what I was there for.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

We needed a hotel that would take a pet and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg for the pet fee. 😊
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Even though our room was in a hall that had a sign on every door, "No Smoking Room", the hall reeked of cigarette smoke.

The eggs were good and beds were fine. The day manager, Jesse, was very nice.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The stay was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Think they need to have 3 waffle makers had to wait to long to make a waffle. My room wasn't as nice a the first time I stayed. I had a non smoking room the last time I stayed. That's what made me come back. But this time I had a smoking room . It wasn't as nice.

The breakfast.The man who checked me in was very nice.

Not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When arriving the front desk clerk asked if she could help me then took a call and began the WHOLE process of booking a new person over the phone as i stood there and i was first. Shower knobs in bathroom were broken it was difficult to adjust and turn off water. Same front desk clerk At check out had a LINE of people in front of her needing assistance and she stopped helping customers in her actual presence to help people over phone. Extremely unprofessional!

Room was decent and was a double bed which i was told I'd receive. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

One of the Best Place to s
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There is no problem and no need to change when you have policy to satisfy all customers.

This is one of the best place to stay away from home and staff are very polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Close to MARC station.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Be nice to have some non-carbohydrate choices for breakfast.

Hotel entrance and lobby seemed a little tired and dated but my room was great - clean and comfortable. Located right beside busy road but no problem with noise. Nice bright breakfast room.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

There is no 'commitment to your satisfaction' as the framed pledge in the lobby promises
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sheets were dirty with stains that did not get taken care of. Hallways were stained and shabby, waste basket stands dirty. NO BLANKETS available from front desk. Front desk staff very unfriendly and uncaring. Central air unit in room old and battered looking. Could not even read the control buttons!

Pillows were comfortable. Manager at checkout on Monday morning was appropriately contrite about our complaints

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Never will I stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are hard the fridge was dirty the lights didn't work the tub you felt like you where floating because of all the water underneath the lady that checked me was really rude and short with me the list could go on but I'm just gonna leave it at this

The only thing I liked was the lady that checked me out in the morning she was very nice other then that I will never stay there again it was very run down

Hotel needs a little renovation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was clean but the hallways and elevators were dirty and smelled bad

Hotel needs a little renovation. Staff is polite and friendly. Location and cleanliness really affect the hotel in a negative way

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was there for over a week. I mentioned to one of the cleaning staff after my first day that I didn't like the waste of the soap being disposed of and new packages needing to be opened each day but alas, each night (after the room had been cleaned) I would have to open a new bar of soap. I understand that they were doing their jobs but I hate the waste.

All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was easy to get into and out of, despite one-way roads on both sides. And the breakfast was plentiful and tasty!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The room was inexpensive but not worth the issues I had to deal with.Won't choose Quality Inn again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked a non smoking room, got a dirty, smokey room. Front desk offered another non smoking room. It has dirty tiles in the shower and hairs on the bathroom floor.

The coffee was good.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Hotel staff were friendly and cordial.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Although the carpeting did not look dirty, it felt dirty and this was quickly evidenced by our white socks turning gray. Bathtub could use upgrading.

Hotel staff were friendly and cordial. Nice breakfast. Appreciated mini-frig and microwave in room.

The stay was comfortable, but there is lot of room for improvement
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff should be more co-operative

The breakfast could have been better

Very good!

Breakfast was good!

Laurel

View

Comfort

Graduation stay

Refrigerator occasionally has loud buzzing noise . Didn't know there were renovations during my stay

Location was close to family house.

Nice place

Nice place

The a.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The a.c. was not working and it was muggy in our room. Maintenance was supposed to fix it but didn't

Mold in the bathroom

Mold in the bathroom

Be aware of bedbugs, roaches, broken in cars I also find blood stain in one of the towels in my bath

Zero

Nothing good about that hotel

Stay was so so necause of switching rooms. Heat did not work.

Ice machine broke! Had to go to another floor. Had to switch rooms, was not the same, king size to two fulls.

Not good this time around
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No longer offers smoking room the added fee no heat in the room dirty top sheet dirty tub staff unable to answer questions

The price on line was great

I’m glad it’s over
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything but the location, staff, & lighting

Do better

It was great and cozy

It was great and cozy

It fairly good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The chair in the room. It was pretty low for me

The breakfast

I really enjoyed my time there
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The volume on my tv didnt work

The breakfast and bed

It was convenient.
    • Junior King Suite

Breakfast could be better.

We were traveling and it was a convenient stop.

zero, nothing.

zero, nothing....

No fun
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Misleading deposit information on booking website

I like quality

I like quality

A nightmare!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The beds with torn sheets, and the crappy bathroom and unhelpful front desk.

Size of the room was OK, but the beds were horrible

The customer service was terrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The customer service was terrible.They were rude.The room was falling apart. The bathroom had mold.

Not good at all after7:30 am

Not good at all after7:30 am

breakfast was disgusting and the whole aura of the hotel was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

breakfast was disgusting and the whole aura of the hotel was bad. just dirty

Would not use that plays Tuesday ever again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn’t like that it was not smoke-free. The room was not clean, the bathroom was not clean, there was mold on the caulking on the tub.

Customer service and Hospitality was great just needed local channels.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Local channels were not available.

Fair value for location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms and especially AC and plumbing were old and tired

Staff were pleasant

The stsy is ok

The breakfast

Improve on the breakfast at least some turkey sausage. Turkey bacons.

Loved it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff; Bed was very comfortable; Room clean; quiet; hot breakfast and lots to choose from

Average hotel stay, but the hotel rooms need some TLC.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower curtains did not cover the whole tub, water continuously leaked out.

Decent breakfast selection and provided the basic amenities.

Would not stay there again!

Beds were not clean.

Breakfast was ok

Spacious rooms and friendly staff

Prostitution goes on at the hotel.

Spacious rooms and friendly staff

Room smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking. Required an additional $75 deposit which was not mentioned when I booked.

You get what you pay for

Smelled like cigarette smoke on the 4th floor, even in the non smoking rooms

I liked the price of the rooms

The breakfast was not good, I been to other similar motels...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good, I been to other similar motels and their breakfast was better. As for the room, they were okay.

Plenty of space, clean rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were in the room furthest from the lobby, so the wifi connection was poor and basically unusable.

Plenty of space, clean rooms.

Good hotel

Good hotel

Worst ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Not clean. Shower not clean. Full of hair we didn't see until morning. Carpet not clean.

Pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy group of boys slamming doors and loud at night

Pool

i would stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no real good places too eat, tv could have had more channels

quiet, good shower, bed was ok.