Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Meriden 2 stars

2090 North Broad Street, Meriden, CT 06450, USA

#6 of 8 hotels in Meriden

It was clean, comfortable, spacious, & had everything we needed.

We had to wait a while for a staff to greet us.

We were expecting continental breakfast, but woke up to a hot breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised! The place was very clean and comfortable!

Overall a disappointing experience.

Asked for a "quite room" got one in front of building that had horrible street noise. Should have asked for a room change!! During night could hear people above us walking in room; should have asked for a top floor room. Huge problem was breakfast!! Scrambled eggs were disgusting! They were old and parts were green colored. No one was visible monitoring / restocking items. Don't know how some reviews I'd read could have rated this hotel excellent!!

Do Not Waste Your Money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I asked for a room with 2 double beds and got a room with 2 XL twins. The room was dirty, make up covered washcloths, the sink was still full of dirty water and black hair. The woman at the front desk was rude, talked to me like I was a child. I had to pay even more money when o got there. The curtain was ripped and I had to ask a a guy at the front counter if he could take it down because the rope inside the curtain wrapped around my toddler's neck when he was looking out the window. There are no stores close and the fitness center was useless broken equipment. I could have done better sleeping in my car! The breakfast was old and dry, and ended by 9am. When we were leaving I used the luggage trolley, not more than 5 minutes later the same woman called my room asking for it back for another person. And after I checked in, i had to sign a paper saying i would pay extra fees if i checked out early!!! Worst hotel ever!

Horrible and Cold!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

The hotel the staff the water was cold for the entire 1 day stay and I checked out the next day and was billed for the entire stay! Oh and I found roaches in the ice machine frozen in the ice on the 2nd floor

Seeing my son

Helped me out but not sure I will be going back. I’ll go if I have to.

Breakfast was finish by the time I went to get my breakfast at 8am.my room was smelling weird not sure if it was the carpets or the heater but it wasn’t the bed also the heater makes a lot of noise which disturbed my sleep.

Fast WiFi . Comfortable bed.

The stay was ok.

The beds aren’t the most comfortable but decent. The room we stayed in seemed to have a draft from the window that traffic noises were very clear and the room was fairly cold through the night. The last thing was the water. The shower water pressure would constantly change that wasn’t a big deal. The problem was when the hot water would suddenly turn cold.

The staff was great, manager was very welcoming and made it a nice place to visit. The room was clean

Harry at the front desk was awesome.

The hall smelled like cigarette smoke but the room was clean and didn't have any odors.

Harry at the front desk was awesome. He was accommodating and was always smiling. I would stay again.

Small hotel, good for price I guess
    • King Room - Smoking

The breakfast was mediocre!! The eggs looked discolored and it wasn't kept cleaned throughout people eating. Seemed like every 5 minutes someone needed something else, they didn't bring out more food until someone asked, just wasn't good at all!!! Besides breakfast my only other complaint is the smell I smoke but the smell was just nasty.

I loved the pillows in the room, and how they had an ice machine on every floor.

clean and friendly place to stay

The room was clean and furnishings comfortable. I liked that the window opened to the fresh air. A free USA Today newspaper and breakfast were bonuses. The staff at the front desk always greeted us cheerfully. The hotel was clean and well maintained.

Very unhappy with the quality Inn And booking.com should make sure the hotel page attention to

In booking.com I said I wanted top floor the staff and shored me that it was top floor then when I went to my room it was not top floor people above me were very loud their air-conditioner dripped on my air-conditioner all night long drip drip drip drip drip They should definitely read what I write in booking.com when I ask for a smoking room I should get a smoking room when I asked for the top floor I should get the top floor

The bed. Tv.

The worst place I have ever stayed and would never stay there again or recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no sound proofing between the rooms and could here everything. Loud guests with screaming babies next to us for the 8 nights there. They were using machines to take up old carpeting and redoing the floors out side in the hall so forget sleeping. We were not told that this was going to be done or we would have booked somewhere else. You could not sleep in because they did not have room service after 12 p.m. so we only had room service once in the days we were there. I would never stay there again.

Not a good place stay away

I Never going to staid in, I got charged twice on my credit card, room smell, floor sound like have loose plywood underneed the carpet, i would never recommend this hotel to nobody... Worse place i ever stay ..

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

When I came into Connecticut I had to call the hotel and they guided me all the way there. They were

For me there's no need to change anything

It was very comfortable and peaceful. Breakfast was very Good. When ever I come back to Connecticut I would like to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

They rushed you out of breakfast by turning the lights and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They rushed you out of breakfast by turning the lights and TV off when we were still eating. I can see not serving but still eating a waffle? The faucet in the room was broken. Otherwise it was a decent room; clean enough and they were friendly upon arrival and leaving; although called the room at 11:01 to see if we were leaving. I had teens with me so a little slow getting up. We were out at 11:10... We wanted food at arrival in the area,. I felt like we weee the last humans aliveness e in this area. We had to drive 25 minutes out of the way to find a 24 Mcdonald's. NO other options anywhere at 11::30 pm.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The bed was comfortable but you need to replace the...
    • King Room - Smoking

The bed was comfortable but you need to replace the bedspread on the bed. There were holes in the spread that were there before we got there. The breakfast buffet was very good 😋

Not a pleasant stay...
    • King Room - Smoking

The place was dated and did not feel clean. The comforter had a hole in it. The pillows were small. It was an upleasnt experience.

I did not like anything about the hotel and I would not stay there again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Room was clean and shower was hot and good pressure.

Was put on 3rd floor which smoking floor and could smell walking through corridor. You could hear people arguing in rooms and hallways.

Room was clean and shower was hot and good pressure.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Staff was excellent - responsive, courteous.

Staff was excellent - responsive, courteous. Clean, modern room - excellent value for cost. Breakfast was terrific - nice hot meal with variety and good coffee. All-in-all an awesome hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

NO QUALITY INN!

We had to change rooms the first night because of the guests and music noise above our room. This took 3+ times to remedy. We finally had the manager go upstairs because you could still here it in the next room they moved us too! It was that or we were leaving and other rooms complained as well. The first room was in much better condition, we were so upset! The walls and floors are paper thin,and make loud noises. We tipped toed to not disturb the below guests... The curtains and linens have old smoke stains. When leaving we discovered the bed skirts clearly don't get washed!!!! I requested a wake up call both days, not once received, it was offered and NEEDED? When we ate the staff circled around the room to watch everyone? The next day instituted a policy of not bringing your breakfast up stairs? The rooms have a microwave and refridgerators! We brought in take out the first night... If not for the location, cost and total exhaustion we would have left day 1! To add insult to injury while checking out there was an extra charge on top of the rate quoted for each night! Unreal, we would have went elsewhere for that cost! This is NOT A QUALITY INN!! They are trying to pull off here. We've stayed at them before...

The ONLY thing that was likable, there was an on-site breakfast available. We even heard guests complain about the microwave eggs, not even beaten to look eatable and cold! The staff disputing the quality of the eggs insisting that they were fresh. There is no kitchen there, only a pantry, I saw it! This was not costly food it came from ALDI STORES they have their own name brands. There was no need for staff to be around while you attempted to eat?

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Squeaky Floors avoid this place

The floors all squeak when walk on them. Very poorly built. No sound insulation so person above that says up very late can be annoying.

Price is good, hotel is clean, room design and function well.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Needs improvement
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Attendant over slept so breakfast was not ready at 6:30. We had to wait, which put us behind schedule.The room was extremely warm even with the cool air on and we had a cracked window.

Location was good for our venues that we were there for and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

I shall return.

Sausage was he only breakfast meat choice, and they had a texture suggesting boiling more than frying.

This property looks good, inside and out. The plumbing is close to perfect. The carpeting very good. The signage is attractive and easy to read.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

2 days stay
    • King Room - Smoking

The sheets were stained when I first entered the room. The bed wasn't too comfy but for the price, I can't complain

I liked the service there as well as the low prices.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

staff was very nice

Biggest issue is entrance off of road into hotel. people are speeding at 60 mph and you have to take a VERY narrow turn into property. It is literally risking your life every time. Also, halls and rooms smell of smoke and the carpets really need to be replaced. There is also a rooster nearby the property that is very loud starting at around 4:30 every AM.

staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Satisfied and will be retuning for another stay very soon
    • King Room - Smoking

Should have cost 10% less. Add hash browns to Breakfast selection.

The entire staff was friendly and professional. Entire room, bed, bath and living area was clean, comfortable, secure and accommodating. Breakfast was good and fresh. Parking was free and convenient. Location is good and easy to access.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Great value, hot breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Allow travelling companions to check in without me (who booked the rooms) being there; we travelled separately and they arrived first.

Hot breakfast, friendly staff, great value.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Okay for a short stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air quality in the room seemed kind of poor. My son was super congested and coughing, as was I, even with the AC on or the window open. Looked like there might have been mold along the perimeter of the shower inside and outside of it. Difficult pulling in and out of the actual entrance since it's a sharp turn off a route where everyone is driving about 65 mph or faster.

Was able to check in early. Decent value for the price. Clean overall.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I liked the hotel, but the maintenance on the room was very unsatisfactory.
    • King Room - Smoking

The air filter was extremely dirty. The film on it was not film, in fact it was caked matter. On my fourth morning I woke up extremely sick. It looks like it has not been cleaned in months. I have filed a complaint with Choice Hotels. I brought it down to the front desk and they did nothing to compensate me for the illness I have or for infecting me with some type of Airborne matter.

Nice bed. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Staff was helpful.
    • King Room - Smoking

Can't think of anything negative.

Staff was helpful. Free breakfast at 6:30 A.M. was great. Very smooth access to I-91 and Merritt Pkwy. Perfect for an early A.M. start for Long Island.

Very clean.
    • Two King Bed Suite- Non Smoking

Very clean. New looking. Very very very good location. Staff was excellent and friendly. Great breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Be More friendly
    • King Room - Smoking

They are not friendly at all. The check out time is 11 am and they are not flexible even for 45 mints. The breakfast was awful.

Cleanness

price
    • King Room - Smoking

Hallway and elevator smelled horrible of cigarettes

price

Staff was unfriendly and there was no breakfast when I checked out. I also did not receive a receipt

Friendly welcome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is a little dated and it had a weird smell

Friendly welcome!

MEH

Nothing to do and the continental breakfast was all gone before the time in was supposed to end. No gym.

Clean and convenient

Breakfast wasn’t that great, it got noisy in the afternoon...

Construction

Breakfast wasn’t that great, it got noisy in the afternoon due to construction in the rooms. Over all pretty mice place

Amazing

N/a

I verything

I’ll never go back
    • King Room - Smoking

Employees were rude and embarrassed me in front of my company

Good location and comfortable bed

Clean and affordable

Very clean, great rooms for low prices

-big bed

-not the newest hotel -long waiting for hot water

-big bed -decent breakfast

Convenienent location and good value for business travelers to Meriden.

A/C in public common area was ineffective especially in the breakfast area

Good value for business travelers to Meriden. Convenient location.

Stay the night

Clean & comfortable

all in all was good.
    • King Room - Smoking

breakfast was funky coffee in room not good. could leave creamers and more sugar in rooms.

breakfast could of been better

The bed was comfortable

The breakfast was good but eggs over cooked n supplies of food was low

The bed was comfortable

Visiting Meriden CT.

Everything was fine

Very good

Food goo convenient

The pictures did not match

Food goo convenient

Only in an emergency will I stay there again

It smelled bad

Not much

Location & cleanliness

Quiteness

Location & cleanliness

The value.

The facility need to be updated.

The value.

Rooms nice....wifi sucks!

The wifi kept dropping while doing my college work.

Loved the location and the space. Also breakfast was enjoyable.

Great stay
    • King Room - Smoking

Coffe pot was broke and they should put creamers in fridge..

Bed was so comfortable!

The comfortable bed

No microwave in room

The comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Meriden CT Quality Inn

Bathroom sink was slow to drain.

Convenient to our business meeting location and dining.

Best buy for your money

Gym closed early. Just missing a pool!

Very friendly staff. Decent breakfast. Large King room. A frig and microwave. Comfy bed!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Floors are really creeky and bed was uncomfortable but other...

Floors are really creeky and bed was uncomfortable but other than that it was nice

The coffee was weak.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee was weak. The eggs and sausage were cold.

Very happy with my room very clean and quiet.

Didn't stay for breakfast

The bed was comfy

The shower was terrible

The bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Very elegant place

Location,cleanliness,food was good staff was helpful & friendly.I would recommend my friends & family there. .

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

......My stay was great.....

Breakfast was very limited.

The hotel and rooms were very really very clean

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Breakfast was adequate but no raisen bran!

Curtains in room ragged, poor quality tissues and toilet paper.

Breakfast was adequate but no raisen bran! And older people need it.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

The hotel was central to the events we had to attend.

Pillows were too small for the king bed and sheer curtains were torn.

The hotel was central to the events we had to attend. The staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

The breakfast is good.

The maintenance staff could do a better job keeping the grounds around the parking lot clean. Sometimes the in-room microwaves and coffee makers aren't clean.

The breakfast is good. Its the same breakfast everyday. Eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, coffee, juices, apples, yogurt, pastries, bagels and bread. The desk clerks are very friendly and helpful. You get good value for the price. The rooms are clean and roomy. Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms for the most part. They even have a small workout room. The rooms have a nice size refrigerator and a microwave.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The beds were big and confortable.

The facilities are old and run down. Very noisy due to highway proximity. But the worse thing was they did not clean our room. We were still getting ready in the morning, about to leave when the cleaning lady knocked on the door (around 9:45 a.m.) We told her to please come back in 10 minutes. When we returned at night, we realized they simply forgot to clean our room. Callef the front desk, told them what had happenef and instead of an appology he simply answered: "Oh they must have forgot".

The beds were big and confortable.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

The waffles and other items were excellent.

My only complaint is that I would have preferred bacon instead of sausage and didn't care for the bagels.

The waffles and other items were excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Clean, spacious, comfortable bed.

Breakfast could have a little more options. Not too many foods available.

Clean, spacious, comfortable bed. Night out with my wife and we had a most deserved rest. Really quiet area. Fully recommended.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

I stayed here for 4 days and I thought it was really good...

I really didn't like that the walls were paper thin, I could here the couple next door to me and their bed bangin. if I had the tv off I could also hear conversations . I thought the hotel was clean but definely could use some upgrading in rooms and hallways.

I stayed here for 4 days and I thought it was really good for the money spent . There's a fridge and microwave in the room and free HBO as well. Room is spacious .

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

I liked The Location.

The morning staff at the front desk was really rude to us and Didnt let other guest speak while we were there also was accusing others on stealing and got proved wrong infront of everyone .

I liked The Location. The guy at the front desk who checked us in at Night .The room space , Suites are awesome .

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

The breakfast buffet was excellent.

The walls are extraordinarily thin. I could hear normal conversational tones from rooms on either side, and above and below me. I could also clearly hear things happening two rooms over.

The breakfast buffet was excellent. The room was clean and there was a variety of fresh food. The morning breakfast was the highlight of my stay.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

I have stay at this location in the past due to its location...

This stay however was absolutely the worst. The noise level and quality of the sound proofing was so poor that we had to request on three separate occasions for either a room change or moving other customers that kept us up all night. It appears that there were many family members that also stay in the hotel coming down to eat the breakfast, leaving reduced quantities and no seating forcing us to eat in our rooms.

I have stay at this location in the past due to its location to my family that live in Meriden and its easy access to the highway.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

Large, clean room.

A little hard to get to the driveway when going northbound.

Large, clean room. Quiet. Good breakfast, helpful staff. Good value. We'll be back when visiting relatives.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

The Hotel was great.

Unfortunatly I was given a room that smoking was allowed in because nothing was available. So I had to use a full bottle of Febreeze during my stay.

The Hotel was great. Breakfast was always hot and staff was always welcoming. Except the overnight counter person.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Front desk gal was nice and helpful.

Smoke permeating the halls and non- smoking rooms. The 'entrance' to the parking lot from the street...it comes up quick and not so well marked.

Front desk gal was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

I've stayed in worse.

The property seems to have been built around 2009, yet has not been kept in good repair. Shabby appearance throughout the interior. Hallways smell of stale cigarettes, and we stayed on the 3rd floor which was non-smoking. Elevator is extremely slow (needed to walk down the steps during 1/2 of our stay). I would not stay there again.

I've stayed in worse... but not much worse.

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Quality Inn & Suites Meriden traveller photo gallery