Reviews of Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel 3 stars

1425 South Fifth Street, St. Charles, MO 63301, USA

#6 of 14 hotels in St. Charles

Shower head didn’t spray well. Over three days, our trash cans were never emptied.

The check-in staff and regular employees were wonderful to work with. The breakfast had many options, and tasted delicious. Large bathroom, very comfortable beds.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The floor in my room was cleaned or some water was spilled and there were a few areas it was wet.

Front desk staff is ALWAYS helpful and happy to talk to you.

I do not have anything I didn't like 😁

It was BEAUTIFUL!!! The staff greeted you every time you walked in and out of the door. The person that was cleaning downstairs and the ones taking care of the breakfast were just absolutely awesome. Some of the hardest workers I've ever seen very helpful very friendly. I don't think I've ever stayed at a better Hotel than this. I live 3 hours away and I have family here so I know for sure exactly where I'll be staying at again every time I come in town. I couldn't find one negative comment to say about the place.

Kids getting their own food. People in PJ'S If needs to say parents need to prepare food for their kids and people need to have clothes on not PJ's

It was clean... All the food was hot or warm and very good. The bacon was crisp and great fruit choices very good coffee All in all it was excellent. Employee was nice

Water pressure in the shower was terrible. This was our second time staying here and we thought the first time was just an isolated problem but now we believe it is consistent. We also had trouble regulating the temperature in the room. Did not serve bacon for breakfast this time and we were disappointed.

The location and the staff.

Everything was fine. I was there so I could be with a loved one at the hospital and that was the sad part.

The breakfast was fabulous. Everything you could possibly want. Convenient because you do not have to travel somewhere for breakfast.

ELEVATOR PROBLEM

The staff was most helpful n friendly. BIG problem...was only 1 elevator wrking..hotel staff and guests had to use the 1 wrking one. Long waits. E.thing else was great!

Room was outdated. There was a big stain on the chair in our room. Everything was old need replacing.

Lady working at breakfast was AWESOME. Food was great!!! There was no bacon that morning. Breakfast and guys at desk were best part of stay.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were told to call before 11pm for the shuttle. We called about 10:55, was told we would be picked up. We waited for 20 minutes, called again and was told he had left. We talked to the young man the next day, he said they never told him he had guest to pick up

The room was amazing! Loved the size of the suite.

The bed was hard, not very comfortable at all.

The staff was very friendly. We really enjoyed talking to one of the cleaning ladies. I wish I had gotten her name, she deserves a BIG raise!

See above

Nothing. Housekeeping was virtually non existent, had to request beds to be made and room vacuumed. Sheets were damp and had to be changed. No lift for 2 days after an electrical fault in elevator, not good when you are on the 6th floor and 70 years old and not fit.

Great location to area sights. Loved having a hot breakfast. Highly recommend as a place to stay...will definitely consider next time we visit the area.

The evening staff lost my $10.00 Travel card, I gave them the print out, they said they would credit the bill, I called the front desk later at night to confirm the price and travel card discount, they said they had it. My online bill did not reflect the discount in the total amt billed, I called tonight 4:00am, spoke to the front desk manager, he said it had not been credited he ask for the number, which i did not have, as I gave the print out to the front desk upon checking in. I will contact Best Western to see if they can recover this Travel Card number for me since it has not been used. The front desk employees seemed rather detached, or maybe working too many hours.

Did not have breakfast

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The people before us must have had a party. There were pieces of balloons on the ceiling and glitter stars were all over the carpet.

Breakfast was wonderful. Suite was great. The floor we were on was exceptionally quiet.

No criticism!

The room was immaculate. The air conditioning was efficient and quiet. The staff was very helpful with questions I had about the shopping down along the small shops on Main.

Run down properly, lackluster breakfast, indifferent staff. Room was worn, beds & pillows second rate. "Fitness Center" had three pieces of broken equipment. Avoid this hotel.

Very very low toilet in our room, way way too low. No place to set out suitcase, for three night stay don't usually fully unpack.

The room was very clean, staff friendly and fabulous breakfast! Love the white comforters!

Media Room devices

The staff was 5 Star The hotels media run had three computers and one printer. Only one device worked. The staff from the front desk stepped in an helped. I found crawling bugs/insect on one of the beds. I did not report it. I just killed the crawling bug/inset. The hotel was very convenient to the location of our appoints and relatives. Less than 2 miles from relatives and less than 10 miles from graduation ceremony.

See above- sorry I wrote in the wrong box The beds were very comfortable.

Our room did not get cleaned. We were told that nothing gets cleaned after 11:00. I find this hard to believe . In Sunday morning the pool was full of babies and parents doing swimming lessons. This did not make for a relaxing swim. Eveidently they rent out their pool to this swim company 5 times a week. I don't think I would have stayed there if I had known.

Would like to see a better variety for breakfast. Kind of the same old thing that everyone else has.

FINALLY, a hotel with good pillows!! just kind of a pet peeve of mine. Overall, a very nice hotel. Glad to see that it got some much needed upgrades. Used to have a slightly less than savory reputation but much better now.

The cleanness was very poor! We stayed there for 6 days they didn't clean 2 days and in the others days they didn't clean the bathroom floor , refueled de amenities or made the bed !!!!!

The staff is great !!! Congratulations for all!!!!

My car was damaged in parking lot and friend diamond fell out of ring and manager refused to let us check to room again upon realizing minutes after checkout the diamond fell out of her wedding band. Manager very very rude. The girl that checked me on gave little info on hotel and rewards where as 30 minutes later the staff that checked my friend in gave lots of useful info and was much nicer

Room was clean but had a bad smell

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I got there to check in at 3 I couldn't because my room wasn't ready and she didn't even say she was sorry or anything I waited another hour before I got my room we went with some friends so in my room we had the extra room to hang out and we couldn't than we watched to go swimming the first night was told we couldnt because they was doing swim lessons but come to find out that we could the next day

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Wish there was a shuttle service to the casino. Otherwise Nothing

Check in. The young man was just wonderful and had excellent manners and guided us to all areas.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The noise the first night - three rooms full of partying football players. The Remodel looks like it was an 80 effort. A few more remodels would make a HUGE difference. Scrap the popcorn ceilings, new dressers that aren't falling apart and better sheets.

The staff was very friendly. El Shon was amazing and James was so professional.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The toilet was too low in rm 111, older people, or more heavy set people would probably not been able to use it.

Every thing was great, cleaning was the best I have seen in a long time. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would say, the staff brought back "QUALITY SERVICE", to the hotel business! Definitely will stay there when passing through St. Charles again!!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Needs more luggage space other than the floor. Needs phone charging outlet on both sides of the bed. The breakfast meal was lousy and the silver ware was the cheapest smallest weakest ever used. Booking dot com is a rip off and charged about 15% more than if I would have made reservations with the hotel myself.

The room was clean. The bed and pillows were good. The kitchen staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Would have preferred some better music playing in the hallways outside the elevators. Pop or Top 40.

Location was great. Near all amenities and Lindenwood University.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The toilet was awakwardly low. The toilet was as low as the tub. My mother is has hip problems and the toilet is so low she nearly fell and bumped her head. It seems as if you are free falling to the toilet especially if you're over Four feet tall.

I liked the pool because it went up to 12 feet deep. I like the complimentary fruits and drinks on the lobby. The hotel even had a miny store to buy food, drinks or toiletries. The staff was very cordial.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The Customer Service was excellent both checking in and out. We especially enjoyed your breakfasts meals. Thank you again for your excellent service.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Parking. But that has no reflection on the experience. Parking lot could have more options.

The bed and pillows were perfect and everything was very clean! I've been in other hotels and felt like the walls were paper thin, NOT this place! Thank you for that, I slept great!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

I did not like having items stolen from my fridge in the room that were Christmas gifts. I gave two telephone contact numbers to reception staff and no one called me back. Not good enough I will never stay there again

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The suitets are huge and very comfortable. The staff is absolutely fabulous especially housekeeping. I left my jacket there and they were more than accommodating at packing it up and getting it returned to me

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Whirlpool tub in room wasn't adequately cleaned. If you get a room with a jacuzzi you might need to bring some cleaning supplies

Nice hotel, nice staff, good breakfast. Pool was nice, gym was nice, lobby was beautiful. Rooms were clean and there was no noise.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Nothing could have been better. Everything was perfect (:

I loved everything about this hotel. Definetly worth the money. Would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you so much. My best stay yet!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The toilets were mounted on the wall And were too low. Very hard for an older person to rise. I found this in both rooms we had stayed in on separate times.

Breakfast had a selection.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The pool is used for a community group from 6-8p.m., which is the time travelers coming off the road and in need of the facilities. I booked this hotel because it had an indoor pool, and to not be able to use it until after 8 p.m. is ridiculous. Schedule groups in the early afternoon before checkin!!!!!!! Also there was one Check in person and issues with checking in people. I suggest staffing the front-desk with enough people to manage your customers and issues as they arrive.

The rooms were big, clean, and the beds very comfortable! I really like have a double room with queen beds!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The room was excessively humid. Clothes were damp and even the paper the room invoice was wet. So much so that it didn't even make a crinkling sound when crumpled.

Friendly staff and nice facility.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Carpet was damp as if it was just shampooed . Musty humid feel in room, called down to desk for fan said they would run one up .. never heard back. Bad night sleep, definitely needed shower in the morning

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly staff.. Our room had fleas... (We did not take a dog.. Nor do we own a dog..). Elevator wasn't working property the entire time we were there.. On check out day we had to drag all our luggage down 8 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS... Because elevator kept taking us up and down from 8th floor to the basement and back.. Finally was able to hold doors long enough to get us and our stuff out ..on the 8th floor..😡

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction Noise outside...not hotel's fault. Heated pool was a little too cool.

Great Free Hot Breakfast, Bath & Bodyworks Soaps and Shampoo. Large rooms, coffeemaker in rooms and coffee available downstairs.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The carpet in our room was not awesome but not gross so I still felt ok with kids playing on the floor. Just not updated as recently as everything else

Even though we had a couple of issues with our room (one of our showers-we had 2- faucet was broke and our ironing board leg broke--minor stuff) the staff responded right away with smiles. Never once (even in the last ten minutes of the overnight gals shift dealing with a difficult customer as we were heading to breakfast ) did I see any staff member frowning or loosing their cool. Also so much space in our room. Our family of 7 fit with no problem in the two room suite and we were able to host a pizza dinner with friends in the room no problem. That made for 6adults and 12 children hanging out for three hours talking and playing.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Alot of construction made it a alittle bit of a challenge... We were not advised of this prior...hallway carpet needed some vacuuming...

Complimentary breakfast was awesome and staff so pleasant! Beds were super comfortable! Location to Lindenwood University and main Street were perfect!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

very small elevators, the luggage carriers didn't hardly fit. Bathroom tub leaked thru the wall on to the outside floor saturating the carpet.

Easy to get to and friendly staff, the breakfast was good with a good selection.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom faucets need some work, as well new toilets. Too short. Like something you find in a preschool. UGH

Beds were comfortable room was large. breakfast was filling.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

There was no fan in the bathroom. This was our first stop moving from Virginia to Seattle. We traveled through a lot of construction, including off the exit to this hotel. I wish they had information about that on their website... It took about 15 minutes for the front desk girl to help me. She was on the phone with a customer at 10:45 at night regarding their block of rooms for a wedding (or similar event). We were exhausted and just wanted to check in. The art on the floor of our hallway was of abandoned buildings. That was odd.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Pet friendly!

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The first room they put us in was full of mold they moved us to another room it was full of moisture everything was damp feeling I left with a headache due to all the moisture we visited out on the patio to get fresh air

Breakfast was good outside patio was nice to sit and visit staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

There was no fan in the bathroom and the room was quite humid. We had to ask for extra towels everyday of our five day stay because there were four of us in the room.

The breakfast was yummy!! Location was perfect! The staff was very helpful!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

It was a very busy weekend. There was limited parking. We were told we could park in a strip mall parking lot that wasn't connected to the hotel. Also, they kept running out of towels. Staff was helpful and accommodating.

This hotel was top notch. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were nice clean and comfortable. Awesome breakfast too! Would definitely recommend!

Nothin..loved it

Everything...very clean

Too low toilets.....needs a renovation badly

Our room was so humid regardless of the a/c running.

The hotel and staff were very professional. Nothing needs changed

The location is really good. The ease of booking was nice

Great breakfast, clean, and variety of food.

One elevator was working

The comfort of the bed and the friendliness of the staff.

Bed was great. breakfast was good but gravy was cool.

Had no problem

Everything was great.

The WiFi. You had to put the password in multiple times.

A covered smoking area

Our stay was excellent

Shower was dirty

Very close to I-70

Swimming lessons being given in the pool and being roped off to paying guests. Rude breakfast staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The breakfast was great. Staff was friendly and location was convenient

Toilet is slow to flush. Shower head needs updating!

Staff are great. Very comfortable and clean room. Easy to come and go from the hotel.

Staff was amazing!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I booked a jacuzzi suite and they did not have one available when we checked I

I cant think of anything. I like everything.

The breakfast was excellent. Toilet was good and the room was clean.

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Smelled like smoke, was not clean, had to change rooms. Very old and outdated... would not recommend.

Beds were awful,smelled smoking all night, and drilling work early am waking us all up..just awful

Price

There was only 1 working elevator on a very busy weekend. Leaving very long waits.

It was real close to main street and other places we wanted to see

I could not have asked for a better staff than the gentlemen that worked the front desk while we stayed!

Staff was amazing

Breakfast was very good and convenient. Walking distance from restaurants and shopping mall.

We opted to just have the beds made up instead of the bedding changed everyday; however, they didn't vacuum the room.