Reviews of Comfort Inn Sunnyvale – Silicon Valley 3 stars

940 West Weddell Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA

#19 of 31 hotels in Sunnyvale

Clean and sufficient for the business traveler
    • Queen Room

This is the bay area and can only imagine the difficulty in getting staff who are most likely paid below the rate needed to survive in this ridiculously overpriced region of the country. That being said, front desk check in was fine and to the person's credit, he is efficient though not sparkling at customer service. Just fine, which works for me. Breakfast was meh. The usual standard at most average priced hotels. Fruit could definitely have been fresher.

The rooms are very clean and that is the single most important part of any hotel stay. Good WiFi and television selection guide - very comfortable stay for a business stay. Fitness room was great and pool is clean. Also, easy access to 101 for getting to work.

Nice place
    • Queen Room

The room is quite small, we have two large luggages. Find it difficult to open them all.

Quiet, clean room, the bed is comfortable as well. Breakfast is great.

Overall, the hotel was nice, with a nice room, great breakfast (till 10 am) and friendly staff

When we came around 3 pm the room wasn’t ready! Waiting around hour to be clean... The both keys didn’t work... especially when your kid wants to get inside and use the bathroom - it was a stressful cituation!

Breakfast was great! More than I expect!

With reasonable expectations, it is a fine hotel

There were minor issues (both room key cards became deactivated, the coffee packet in our room for the small coffee maker was already opened) but the staff was quite friendly and remedied both quickly. Breakfast was extremely subpar but it is what you’d expect for the price. Overall not a bad hotel for the money given the area, just don’t set your expectations too high. Would give this a 7/10 rating—understanding that it is quite fine for what it is: a low-priced place to stay in a pretty expensive area.

I came here on a quick trip and stayed two nights. The bed was sizable, relatively comfortable and included an abundance of pillows (even though they were awkward shapes). Location was fine for what we needed, literally right next to the freeway so pack your earplugs. The room and hotel generally felt pretty clean but unfortunately, that accompanied an overpowering stench of bleach/bathroom cleaner that permeated throughout the building and lingered heavily in our room. Parking was easy and plentiful.

Staff friendly and welcoming.

It is pretty far away from the Sunnyvale train station (if you need to get there), and it is difficult to rely on public transport systems. But if you use Uber it isn't a problem.

Staff friendly and welcoming. The services were good

Great value, good people, very clean, would recommend

Would be nice if this brand could put all the reservations into one file, and maybe even create a spread sheet. I had four + reservations that could not be merged ...

Super friendly and accommodating staff, we booked numerous rooms over a two week period and the front desk staff was super accommodating in regards to changes, etc.

The room is really small, but it's not a big issue.
    • Queen Room

The room is really small, but it's not a big issue. Unfortunately the night we stayed there was a party or meeting of people outside on the patio, who were extremly noisy and loud. We couldn't sleep till 1:00 A.M

The staff was very nice and helpful!

Unfortunately the elevator was broken. So carrying the luggage up the stairs was a little challenge. The pictures made it look nicer.

The staff was very nice and helpful! Good variety of food for breakfast!

Very comfortable and clean rooms.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The weather was too cold to use the swimming pool...

The spacious rooms, with a huge american bed. The cleanliness and the room service. Every day I came back to a perfect room. The location was perfect for my trip.

Easy check in, Nice room overall.

Only real complaint. Had to turn on the shower for 20 minutes to get hot water. Once it came it was nice and hot, glad I got up early for my appointment and wasn't running late!

Easy check in, Nice room overall. Very clean and well stocked (Towels, soap, shampoo, etc.)

If the internet was better...this location would be my #1 pick for all my future trips to Ames.

The internet speed was ridiculous. I couldn't get any substantial work done once I got back to my room in the afternoon/evening. And for a location in Silicon Valley, it was probably the most depressing and frustrating part of my stay.

Loved everything about the hotel. Nice, updated room. Bathroom was clean; high shower faucet. Room was spacious and bed was nice (to include the bedding). And the location was ideal to getting to and from Ames Research Center.

The bed was firm and comfortable.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The eggs were cold after a couple minutes out of the warming dish.

The bed was firm and comfortable. The room was nice and big.Great variety at breakfast.

Perfect for business

No vending machine - you have to drive to restaurants, but I am used to that since I used to live in the Bay Area

Exactly what I needed for my trip. 7 minutes driving from Cupertino and oposite traffic direction.

I would come back again.
    • Queen Room

That they were working on the hotel pool.

I did like that the staff was very friendly and was also attentive to us. Breakfast was awesome as well. Over all it was good

Overal a decent and economical location to stay for business.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi was very slow so I did not use it much. Breakfast was adequate.

Parking was fine but I was able to park up front where it was well lit. Room was clean and there were not a lot of guests at the time so it was very quiet. Gym was decent but could use a dumbbell weight set.

Underwhelming. Won’t stay again.

Construction, extremely noisy, kid party Sat night with kids screaming in the halls, hotel was basically empty yet they stuck us across from the noisy ice maker, vending machines and elevator. Bed was hard as a rock.

Location relative to Twin Creeks

Room was comfortable, clean, nice decor, quiet,

I traveled with my handicapped mother They put us in the furthest room from the entrance because the handicapped entrance was under construction. I had to ask for another room closer to the other entrance What they did they right away. We were ok until the next morning our entrance was closed because they were fixing that pavement too Later on the day, it reopened but never finished. The handicapped entrance was never open. Our entrance was very rough, no rails, ground was uneven High risks for an elderly handicapped person

Room was comfortable, clean, nice decor, quiet,

Bang for your buck
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The shower pressure was a little low but other than that the room was perfect.

We really liked how fast the check in process was and have friendly the staff was. The room was nice and warm when we arrived and was very clean. We felt like we got a lot for our money. Would definitely stay there again.

Comfortable bed.

Front desk was a little unprofessional when I arrived talking on his personal cell phone. The rooms were very tight spaced. The elevator sounded like it was going to break down.

Comfortable bed. Rooms included a fridge and microwave so I could snack

Renovations look very good

There was a beer bottle on the bbq grill (patio area) the entire time we were there. There was broken glass in the parking glass the entire time we were there (2nights)

Renovations look very good

There was a strong smell of some home product spray that was...

There was a strong smell of some home product spray that was very uncomfortable. I had to keep the windows open for a while but it was very noisy outside with the highway.

Very comfortable and accommodating.

Room was very clean. Good location. Tons of parking at the hotel. Very happy to see that breakfast was included. Breakfast was good, pretty basic but nothing to complain about!

Very good breakfast.

Would have liked a towel rack to hang towels to reuse.

Very good breakfast. Liked that there were two racks in the room to put our bags on. Comfortable king bed. Fridge that worked. Complimentary newspapers in lobby.

The morning staff were very helpful when it came to...

The check in employee was helpful but didn't want to be. as well as not being able to check in due to age was frustrating..

The morning staff were very helpful when it came to breakfast and the area was kept up. I also liked the amount of towels we're put in the room.

The breakfast was a typical meh hotel breakfast.

The hotel was permeated by a smell that was a cross between cleaning solution and a backed-up toilet. The location is just off a very busy boulevard, and close to the freeway - not very walkable.

The breakfast was a typical meh hotel breakfast. The bed was comfortable, the decor was up-to-date, everything was clean.

Politeness and niceness of staff.

No place close enough to buy groceries. They had free WiFi but it was rather poor. I could hardly make Watsapp call with it

Politeness and niceness of staff. It was a Lodge. Breakfast facility but staff will provide extra snacks, fruit, water on request!

Will come back next time

Bed wasn't too bad but wasn't that comfortable either. The bed's comfort level is in the middle (soft and hard). I woke up a couple of times with my back being sore but I manage to sleep throughout the whole night without any discomfort. The pool was on maintenance for the whole 4 days when we were there so we didn't get to swim. I was even looking forward to cool down in the pool since it's been warm these days.

They had tater tots on the day I checked out and I just love tater tots! Although the room is compact, that didn't change the fact that this was the best inn my boyfriend and I had stayed in. The staffs are extremely nice and this place is also cheap for 3 nights. For the total of $295 with no deposit fee, we got a nice and clean room. I find it worth the money whereas at the other inns for much higher price, we always get a typical room that looks like motel rooms.

It was a nice room, very clean, included a fridge and...

Nothing I can think of.

It was a nice room, very clean, included a fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable. It was convenient to the freeway. Breakfast was good.

Better ask for a room not facing the highway... then you should be satisfied
    • Queen Room

- my room was facing a noisy highway and windows were not filtering enough this noise. However, the nearby airport is quiet and I was not disturbed by plane noises. - when you have to close the bathroom door to be able to switch on the light and to open the shower door, this means that the bathroom is too small! - I was possibly unlucky, but I had to wait >5minutes to finally find someone at the hall to check in. - as a European guy I will never get used to having by breakfast in cardboard plates & cups... but this seems to be usual in US motels ...

- very competitive cost for this area - comfortable and clean room - wifi works well - breakfast included, with a funny machine making pancakes automatically!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Location location !!!
    • Queen Room

I wasn't aware there was construction going on and we couldn't use our patio which we were planning on using with the nice weather. The WiFi didn't work the first night but did work the second nite because I had to ask for another code

The location was great! The breakfast was delicious and had a variety of food! Our room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Disappointed

Paid way too much for a hotel being under construction. Ice machine broken, Elevator broken my companion had knee surgery so hard on her to go up the stairs. Staff didn't replenish coffee or bath tissue. Very disappointed.

Room was clean and nicely decorated

Rooms were very clean and bed was super comfy.

Hotel is under construction, could lower the rate considering I had to walk around the entire building sometimes looking for an open door to get in.

Rooms were very clean and bed was super comfy.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Good value and nice quiet place to stay for a mini getaway!

I didn't like that there was no indication from Booking.com OR Quality Inn & Suites, that there was construction on the building when I was booking my reservation. It would have been nice to know that while I was making my decision of where to stay for a much needed getaway and mini vacation. Imagine my shock of seeing scaffoling, plastic taped to windows and yellow off-limit tape around certain areas when I pulled into the parking lot of the property! There was only a sign at the front desk that acknowledged the construction. To be fair, there was no construction work going on while I was there. However, It just would have been nice to know in advance. The shower was a little small and tight in size but that's because the bathroom small. I probably should have asked to see another room before settling for the room I was given.

Overall, I liked that the hotel because it was quiet, clean and well-kept. The continental breakfast was nice and a good variety of food. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The room overall was nice. I would definitely consider coming back and staying again (AFTER the construction/remodel is done of course) or recommending to my friends to stay here!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Nice, mostly unused gym.

The room had a strong smell of air freshener. The windows did not open because there was construction going on, so there was plastic blocking the window. Construction was very noisy throughout the day.

Nice, mostly unused gym.

Good for a one night stay

Only for a one night stay

Good for a one night stay

Will definitely stay again. Great rates and nice hotel

Very clean super friendly staff

Staff was courteous, helpful & professional.

Staff was courteous, helpful & professional.

Staff was courteous, professional & helpful.

Staff was courteous, professional & helpful.

Ok value for money

Shower was broken, fixtures outdated

Good size room, nice king bed

Great, my second visit !

More washing machines.

Rooms are clean and nice.

good hotel with nice location

The facility is cheap, especially the bath room

The location is perfect, near to MS, google etc.

Standard American breakfast, nothing fancy but just OK.

Standard American breakfast, nothing fancy but just OK.

It was really nice

We didn't get to use the pool

Everything was great

very good value

the scrambled eggs

the bed

Good value for the money.
    • Queen Room

Detergent smell too strong in the room.

Close to my office. Clean room.

WiFi was poor/non existent at times.

WiFi was poor/non existent at times.

Bad wifi

Bad wifi

Adequate

Creaky floors, a bit run down, breakfast didn't run late enough, bed sheets oddly short.

Close to work location, hot breakfast, free internet.

there could be more variety in the breakfast.

there could be more variety in the breakfast.

laundry facility was not working.

laundry facility was not working.

Location & staff

Took forever in the evening between the hours of 6 - 9 to get water hot enough for a shower.

Location & staff

nice hotel.

very nice room, clean and quiet. it worths the money.

Convient

It was close to Stanford hospital

Proximity, roominess and cleanliness point of view value for money.

Bkfst choices

Room cleanliness

Great!

Good breakfast

Bed is very comfortable.

Breakfast is not good.

Bed is very comfortable.

Not good at all won’t stay there again

Cockroaches on breakfast bar

Breakfast terrible beds hard water damaged on restroom

Fair enough, but over priced
    • Queen Room

The room was decent, however, the breakfast was a joke. Overall the price is way too much for what you're getting.

Noisy

Side by road noisy much

Noisy

Clean, quiet environment, breakfast is the plus

Elevator was broken and it was harsh for a disabled guest. Receptionist was not friendly.

Clean, quiet environment, breakfast is the plus

the BED ARE NICE

need some spike Spanish

the BED ARE NICE

A good stay and a fantastice memory.

The TV program has english subtitles which make me understand easily. The receptionist is warmhearted.

Not satisfied with hotel

Noise Breakfast Housekeeping

Not again

Carpet stained or dirty room smelly exhaust fan noises bathtub very very sloppy with only one hand rail

Location, price
    • Queen Room

The location is close enough to my office.

Comfortable and clean with a great bargain,nice experience!

Comfortable and clean with a great bargain,nice experience!

Good hotel but poor management
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Charged the room twice and was totally non committal when asked when the refund would be.

room, bed, bathroom overall are good.

breakfast was not that tasty. for ex scramble eggs did not have any taste.

room, bed, bathroom overall are good.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Beautiful and relaxing place to stay near the airport

biggest advantage and also small disadvantage - next to the airport you cannot avoid the noise of aircrafts

Beautiful big room

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Nice place to stay for the money! If ever in Sunnyvale again will stay there

Nothing was good

The closeness to tram so I could go to Niners game and not have to pay parking

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Not impressed

Place was a mess they were remodeling elevator was not working

Not much place to sleep

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

tiny room & bathroom.
    • Queen Room

tiny room & bathroom. under renovation.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The water took very long to go down the drain of the shower

The water took very long to go down the drain of the shower

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Pleasant and joyous vist with a beautil staff and excellent. Manager

Construction going on at hotel

49ers game

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Last choice hotel

The toilet was plugged, the shower was dirty the staff was rude.

The bed

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.