Reviews of Red Roof Inn Amarillo West 2 stars

6800 Interstate 40 West, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA

#34 of 57 hotels in Amarillo

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not at the checkin desk. They were outside smoking. Our room door did not shut completely. There was no couch in the living room - just one comfy chair for the two of us. The coffee maker was broken- no way to put a filter in. There was long brown hair stuck to the shower wall. You can hear water running in surrounding rooms.

It was along our route to New Mexico

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No soaps or shampoos. Not enough towels. A hair on my bed. And I think they put us in a room for disabled / handicapped people.

Spacious room. Up to date. Wood floor. Comfortable beds. Decent breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was absolutely filthy, there were stains on the carpets, the sheets looked unwashed, the carpet had holes. We didn’t stay the night.

The only good thing about this place was the girl at the front desk. Becky was great. Otherwise I would never wish for anyone to stay at this place.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Linoleum floors that need to be mopped. I spilled water and wiped it up with a white towel. It was black when I finished. We couldn't find the ice machine. The room is huge, but the bathroom is so small that you have to stand in one particular spot just to get the door closed.

The location is good. The price is great. The bed was comfortable.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator, toilette seat cover was broken,no outlet at the bed so we couldn't charge our phone there. No warm breakfast.

Room was huge,wifi was ok. Fridge and micro in the room. Texas shaped waffle at breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Small bathroom,considering size off the room .ask for a room away from road as it’s busy

Room was massive with two queen size beds plus all the usual things. Theres a decent size pool which was relaxing

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There isn’t anything negative I can say about this hotel.

Excelent place, clean, rooms are very roomy. The staff was very nice and informative I highly recomend this hotel.

• Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Old, tub had no way to hold water. There was zero counter around bathroom sink, making it nearly impossible to use curling irons for your hair. Desperately needs to be renovated.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Trash in the courtyard. Limping AC unit that failed during a miserable night (but then was quickly replaced). That guy who decided to do sexing at the end of the building during the night when I had to walk the dog because now I can't unsee that.

The room was spacious, with clever layout and useful chairs and furniture (doesn't it seem like sometimes hotel just toss in obligatory furniture types whether or not they fit the room? Not the case here). The courtyard was lovely for walking dogs, while the pet fee was reasonable. The courtyard was also nicely clean of dog poo (we always carry bags, of course). Plenty of families in residence in the pool/at BBQ, which made the hotel feel safer.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Access was a little confusing for a first timer in Amarillo and the pool was nice to be able to cool off but could use a little fixing.

Staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool wasnt workin, the first room didnt have a microwave when it was suppose to it wasnt clean good and it had a bad smell. They moved us to another room and i told them that i have helth issues and they gave me a room that just got cleaned and the smells affected my breath and it had alot of pet hair on the floor and i told them i needed one with non smoking and non pet and i had a allegic reaction where i broke out so we had to get a refund i will never come back here again

That they had a breakfast

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Pubic hairs in sink and in shower, hair in shower and on bottom sheet of bed. Shower head was defective and had no water pressure. Majority of the electrical outlets were being used with no outlets available on either side of the bed. This was a major issue since I have to use a CPAP machine at night for Sleep Apnea. Remaining outlets are scattered throughout the room for charging electronic equipment like cellphones and laptops. The refrigerator was not very cool on any setting and the freezer had so much ice/frost buildup it was unusable. The selector switch for the air conditioning/heat spun around and it made selecting the mode extremely difficult. Dust, dirt and trash was behind all of the furniture. Pillows on the bed were small, very flat and very uncomfortable. Stay was for 2 days and the room did not get serviced at all by Housekeeping. Had to get fresh towels and trash bags from the front desk. Have stayed at this Redroof Inn several times over the past 3-4 years, with the most recent prior to this stay a year ago in May of 2017. Over the past year it has gone downhill. Will NOT stay here again! On checkout there was no one at the Front desk to checkout with...just a box saying Leave Keys in box for checkout. Definitely has turned into a Dive Motel.

Absolutely nothing! Very limited handicapped parking, which was taken up by vehicles without handicapped tags or placards. Even with the noticeable security upgrades on the doors requiring a room key card it is not enough. The entire property needs a serious overhaul and upgrade. The condition of the rooms and property are showing it's age. I will gladly pay a few extra dollars to stay somewhere else for a better room and overall experience, because I will not stay here again if I am in Amarillo.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The room is showing a general lack of attention to detail. The shower head sprays water in all directions and as a result the wallpaper is pealing and the baseboard behind the stool in separated from the floor tile. Also a couple of the wall plugs have become recessed from the wall plate making them hard to use.

Enjoyed the large room, and facilities in the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was very old and difficult to regulate. Facial tissues in a take away purse pack? Ugh! The breakfast was interrupted by an employee emptying the trash in the middle of the room! Also no lids for coffee cups to go.

I liked the price but was very disappointed with the conditions. Update this hotel, please!

• Superior King Room - Smoking

This property is very old and worn. The cover over the AC unit was fillthy looking. The room lighting was poor. There was a smell in the room like it used to be a smoking room. How can any motel today not have an elevator ? That means this building was built before 1993.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is very basic but adequate for the price.

Staff very friendly and helpful, exceptionally clean and well maintained. Room we had was very spacious with hardwood floor, which housekeeping actually mopped each day.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Small bathroom for us. Would have like an accessible room.

Our BIG ROOM was appreciated. The divider from the front desk was good. The Bathroom was very small for us Seniors. We did like the large Breakfast area with many tables,chairs. Enjoyed the Breakfast .

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

The breakfast. Waiting line for waffel maker the only hot food and the rest was cold, or dry food. We were close to the hi way no great views.

Lots of room for my grandbabies, and crib.Beds were good too.

• Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

Breakfast could be better. Milk wasn't cold. The only thing to eat hot was a waffle, or toast. Thought there would be more available for breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I was told it was a no smoking room but it wasn't it reeked of cigarette smoke and the fire alarm in the room had been removed.

The room was big.

• Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I had an ADA room. The TV was too small to see clearly from the bed. In the bathroom the only place I had to put my toiletries was a SHOWER chair. I guess that I was expected to hold my face cleaner while I washed with it but putting my things on a surface that was made for someone to sit on naked???? Sooo not ok. I wish that there had been a trash can in the bathroom.

The desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Superior King Room - Smoking

Mildew all the way around the tub. Though the rest of the room appeared clean, this was a major distraction to me. "Hot" breakfast meant instant oatmeal or make-it-yourself waffle (like most other hotels). Not impressed with the offerings for breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bed was lopsided. I went to wash and then dryers didnt wk and so i had to carry wet clothes at 3 am to another part of motel laundry. The stove was greasy. I though ad for motel had sona n in door n outdoor pools but they were closed n my kids were looking forward tothat

I like lady who checked us in. She was so sweet and helpful. I liked the access road. I liked that it was quiet

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

It was very quiet and close to the highway. And the room was bigger than I expected plus it had a mini fridge, iron, ironing board, and a microwave in the room. The staff was very friendly and allowed me to check in early since there was a room available. Oh! And the shower pressure was pretty amazing. My trip was very relaxing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom is pretty small, no room to put your clothes out except in the room.

Big rooms so you can easily move around. Easy access right off the interstate. this is a good, but basic motel. No frills, but a good buy. The bathroom is very small. Breakfast is cereal, toast, muffins or waffles. I think they have a few fruits and yogurt too.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Key to room did not work. Had to be replaced before we could get in the first time and again the next morning. Breakfast so-so.

Staff friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The vending machines were a little sparse.

The room was very nice for the value price and the staff at the front desk were very accommodating and kind. Close to the freeway and easy access to nearby restaurants.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not very diabetic friendly, pure carbs. No fruit, no protein. On the second night, had to go to office to ask for pillowcases, as the pillows were simply stacked on the bedside table. Knob to bath nearly fell off.

Nice large room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was extremely small. The room was very dark, not much light. The coffee pot had coffee in the water reservoir.

We asked for extra pillows and got them immediately.

Have no complaints!

I loved the room it was clean and had a clean fresh smell when you walk in your room. It was quiet and I slept like a baby. The room had everything we needed. If I ever came back this is where I would stay!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Besides waffles breakfast options were mini muffins and cereal..I don't think they serve beyond that. I initially thought this was enclosed from the pic but this hotel has doors facing outside, which can be a little scary, especially if you are traveling with children.

They had waffles! You pay what you get for, it was a great rate for our needs which was a place to sleep and shower.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Not a lot to choose from so we went to IHOP. The OJ was funky, and the coffee was dull. No eggs, or yogurt, or fruit, or oatmeal and cereal was Cheerios or Raisin Bran, not our choice.

Room was big, and very clean. We were put away from traffic noise as requested, a great big thank you for that as we were exhausted.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen - Smoking

Awesome place to stay.. Becky is amazing person with a friendly smile. Room service staff works hard to please.. I will stay here again, with my future trips.. thanks to all at red roof hotel...❤️❤️❤️

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great Value! First time “Booking” online, and it went flawless! Becky at the Front Desk was a pleasure to work with after 15 hours on the road, Very Friendly.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could be more elaborated. Location is fine but far from cities sightseeing

Large room, and heating system confortable during this cold season.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

No microwave in the breakfast area and there was no hot chocolate mix.

How clean the room was and it is updated. Rooms are spacious. Get hot water fast.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness of the entire room especially the shower. The whole confused check-in process. We are honestly considering canceling the reservation we have at Red Roof Inn in Wichita, Ks on February 7,2018.

The location would be about the only thing we liked.

• Superior King Room - Smoking

Not their fault but when we got back from hockey game we couldn't get in room had to wait 30 minutes for maintenance to change battery

Got the room I reserved very friendly

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe could have used one more chair and the bathroom was a little small but nothing we couldn’t live with

I liked that it was not overpriced. Just needed a place to stay the night. The bed was very comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The lady behind check-in desk that was still on shift when we arrived indicated that she could not help us as there is shift change, she did not have access to the computer and that we had to wait to check-in. 2min later someone else came in that had issue with their hotel door card and she fixed it immediately on the computer. We had to wait about 15min for the new guy to help.

The guy that started his shift at 11pm when we checked in was super helpful at that time of night as well as the next morning early when we checked out. Thank you. Also good value for money.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

More options at breakfast would have been nice. And getting into and out of the parking area with a trailer was a little difficult. The entry and exit ways are a little narrow.

The size of the room was nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Access difficult because of road construction. Two out of four lamps were inoperable because of 1 burned out bulb and 1 had no bulb. Husband went to front desk, told maintenance man would not be back until next day. That didn't help at all.

breakfast was adequate.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Old, out-dated facility; dirty laundry room; gross stains on bedspread; burned holes in bedspread; no tissue box--only little packets; constantly dripping tub faucet; :wood" surface floor was sticky; vending machine ate money; minimal breakfast.

The price; the location; the large room

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Could not find a designated dog walking area. Most other Red Roiof Inns have one.

We stay at Ted Roof Inns when we are just passing through for the night because they are dog friendly. No extra charge for pets and usually a nice dog walking area equipped with poo pick up bags and nice grass. This one in Amarillo did not have a designated dog walking area. They all have laminate flooring which we like for the dogs. Very clean.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

A little more attention needs to be paid to maintenance, Families may stay there for several days, so the breakfast chairs are really messy. No eggs or hot chocolate available. Only one person covering desk and free breakfast. At night one person on staff answered the phone and couldn't tell me how to get the the inn. Desk chair would not raise and lower. HVAC controls dated and a bit touchy. A bit of freeway noise, but blocked that out with my own fan and the HVAC fan on all the time. Smoke detector hanging loose from the ceiling. Another chair in the room would help.

All just fine with breakfast. Rooms are very big are more than enough electrical outlets. Only 2 floors and basically drive up to the room, so less distance to lug luggage around. No noise from adjoining rooms.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smell old, bed was not comfortable and the wood floor felt unclean. There was someone else’s hair on the bathroom floor behind the door. Felt gross to use the restroom. The only reason we didn’t leave was because we had a 1200 mile trip and needed sleep. The only reason it got a high score was because the staff was nice and it was a place to sleep.

It was a bed to sleep in.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not the hotel's fault but access was difficult due to the highway and street construction. It took 3 attempts to get onto the right street due to the closures.

The price, ease of booking and location immediately off the highway would be easy to locate for a later arrival. The big room, fridge and microwave were appreciated. The centre courtyard and pool made us wish we arrived earlier. Thanks to the very helpful lady on the front desk for arranging the limo service to a local steakhouse!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The evening clerk got an attitude with me. They didn't tell us on booking site that we had to pay with a credit card on Sunday. Trash found behind chair. Lightbulb out in desk lamp. Beds we're hard. Door had a bad squeak.

They are pet friendly and even offer waste bags for pet clean up.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room assigned to us hadn’t been cleaned and was filthy, then the computer kept crashing and we had to wait for a new room.

The woman working the front desk was absolutely lovely and kind as can be.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Very basic breakfast lacking a number of items. Awaiting delivery per front desk. Unacceptable! As red roof chain goes this is below average.

It was ok for one night!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

the outside was pretty dated, and there was a latex glove just laying in the stairwell the whole time we were there. When we had 'continental' breakfast I don't know who was supervising it. The morning desk clerk may have been, but she could have used some help. At one time she left to look at something in a room while people waited at the desk and the phone kept ringing. Not professional.

The room was large. Had a 1/2 wall by the bed so didn't have the A/C blowing on me all night. Was the cheapest hotel on our 2 week vacation. The girl that checked us in very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bad construction causing lots of confusion and congestion to location...but worth the little hassle.

It was just a clean safe feeling place and was fairly nice for the rate I paid.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Before checking out on Sunday, I put my cosmetic bag down to pour out a cup of tea that was leftover trying to be considerate. This caused me to accidentally leave my bag. I called the next day and my cosmetic bag was found. I had my cousin who lives in Canyon go and pick it up for me. When I looked into my bag there was over $200 worth of my cosmetics taken out of my bag. My boyfriend called and spoke to the assistant manager who informed him that since I wasn’t the one who had picked up my bag, that my cousin had most likely stolen my stuff. Wrong choice of words, I would not recommend this place to anyone, I feel that my items were taken from an employee. As a guest, if you leave an item you should be able to trust that all of your belongings should be there when you pick up your stuff!!!

Room was very nice and we had decided we would stay there again for until I got some of my personal items stolen and the manager turned it to be my fault.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

1" gap under the door, tiny bathroom, lousy breakfast, 2nd floor room no elevator and metal stairs hard to carry luggage up, floor shook whenever someone walked by, Noisy probably due to gap under door, parking lot felt very unsecure

Big room with seperation, wifi good

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet had an iron burn spot. Not a big deal.

I was very pleased with the very large room, very comfortable pillow top bed and the low price is unheard of.

• Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

Not enough staff and those that were there were not trained in customer service. Desk clerk at 10:30 a.m. would not stop ta;king on her cell phone in order to talk to me. Breakfast was open till 9:00 a. m and was not available at check out time. First Motel we have stayed at that this was the case.

Accommodations for handicapped (my wife) were excellent.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

See above.

The accommodations we received were not what we had reserved. we had reserved handicapped facilities, but did not get those. We had a tub, not a walking shower, which was a bit difficult for us. The room we were assigned was one that people had smoked in, not a "non-smoking) room. There was coffee makings but no coffee pot. :-( But we managed to have our stay for the funeral of a family member. The manager was apologetic, but apparently a new trainee had let our "reserved" room to others just prior to lour arrival. She was extremely courteous, and credited our payment. that made it more bearable. :-)

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't get my door opened. I had to ram it open with my shoulder. there was only one person on staff and couldn't help me get the door opened. the next day the key didn't work at all. once again no one to get me another key. I had to go to the office to get another. whe checking out I complained and woman gave me a coupon for 15 percent off. said was good for one year but it expires in dec. don't know if I will be traveling again before then. but once I got into the room it was good

• Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

Almost impossible to find. They are doing a lot of construction and couldn't find access road. RRI could help by putting a sign where access road starts - there is a bit Y - we thought we needed to go right or we would have been back on interstate. Would up having to drive 2 extra miles through heavy construction to loop back to the same spot to take the left road. A sign on the Y would have greatly helped!

Big room - initial room was very noisy; they moved us to a quiet room in the back. We would not have stayed had we not been able to move as first room faced interstate and so loud. But room we were moved to was good.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not as clean as I would have hoped for! There was no loveseat in the room and no comfortable place to watch TV. But this resulted in extra floor space Which worked for the dog crates.

We chose this motel mainly because we were traveling with our dogs. The property was awesome for having pets. There is a nice walking path behind the property and grassy areas within the property with doggie bag stations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating... As good or better than some of the 5 star hotels I've stayed at. Floors in room were laminate which worked well for the dogs.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was horrendous. Might as well not have even been one. Bath tub plug didn't work. And it was too dirty to take a bath anyway.

The staff was nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The motel chain needs a better backup system when their computers are down.

We arrived late and the motel's computer system was down, so it took several tries to find rooms that were not already occupied. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We left early in the morning so we didn't have breakfast at the motel.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I believe the room had been newly remodled and the TV remote had not been set up yet.

The size and comfort of the room. Breakfast was not much. Tooo many carbs.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

At around 8.15 pm we found a very unpolite check-in agent. Not professional at all and very slow. She seemed to be completely indifferent to guests needs and moreover attended people that came after us and we had to go away for not loose our dinner reservation and came back later for the check in. We had dinner with luggages in the car. On the other hand at 10.30 pm we found a very nice check in agent!

Big room and big bed. Wi fi very good.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was not friendly at all. The breakfast was horrible. The carpets were filthy. Bring your own pillow!

The maintenance man and housekeeping were fast and friendly. Very pet friendly!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV didn't work properly. And the air conditioner was weird to get to work right. Woke in the middle of the night frozen.

We didn't check in till very late and they told us if we needed a late check out just let them know.

• Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was road construction making some problems in getting around. The motel itself was not near as clean as it should have been. Microwave was not in great shape and popped the circuit breaker on the power strip it was plugged into.

Close to the highway and route we were taking. Restaurants were plentiful and close by.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We checked in @ 2am the room they gave us first was not cleaned towels on the floor trash on the table like someone was staying in the room. Second room was ok very hot no air on (it's Texas in the summer) carpet is very old n dirty looking. We finally get settled to sleep by 3:30 and awoken @9:30 by house keeping trying to enter our room no knock at all very rude good thing I had the slide lock on. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Needs a lot of work also pictures on your sight did not match the rooms. Appears to have wood flooring but does not has old messy carpets

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

Not good value for the money at all. The place was older and not as nice as the pictures led on.

Fairly close to the park at the medical center. The staff was helpful, but was poorly trained on the computers.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They gave my room to someone else so they put me in another room. It smelled like dogs had lived there and then the A/C wasn't working. When I asked for another room they were not very accommodating.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a slight stain and some hair on our sheets. Because of other factors (a questionable fellow guest), I decided to not stay there with my kids. Staff was very accommodating and easily refunded our money.

Very kind and responsive staff.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast did not have anything we could eat. No eggs, bacon or sausage & no fitness center. There was no seating in the room and it was completely hardwood floors installed improperly.

The bed was comfortable and there was a very nice trail behind the location to walk on.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Did not eat. Hours were not convenient to my schedule. Open earlier or stay open later or both of those. I left for a meeting at 05:30 and returned at 09:05.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows! They were hard as rocks! Didn't sleep very well. I don't like the fact that because I am African American I was put in the back of your hotel. I have stayed at one of your hotels in three different States, and we have always been placed in the room at the very back of your hotel. I thought it was a coincidence, but I realize that this must be your hotels policy, to put the blacks in the back of the hotel. . I probably won't stay at Red Roof Hotels again, or use Booking.com if they can't fix the nasty problem!

I loved the spacious room.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The laminate floors made the room seem cold and sterile. The beds weren't comfortable and the sheets were low quality. The walls had marks on them and desperately needed a fresh coat of paint. The shower was clogged. Breakfast didn't offer anything except waffles and dry cereal so we skipped it.

The front desk lady was nice and accommodated my request to have a room further back from the highway.

Browse Red Roof Inn Amarillo West traveller photo gallery