Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites York 3 stars

2600 East Market Street, York, PA 17402, USA

#23 of 24 hotels in York

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The manager was very rude to us he was nasty and he didn’t...

The manager was very rude to us he was nasty and he didn’t won’t to give us a clearer room cuz the room he gave us was dirty and the bed had stains on them and then he told us that he didn’t won’t customers like us all because we asked for a different room so I would not recommend anybody to stay there

We will stay again, this was our first bad experience.

House keeping for my room was very bad. The room was not very clean. The bathroom smelt as though everything had strong urine on it. I cleaned everything. I did not say anything to management I wanted to get some rest. I used the pool and hot tub where I found the light in the hot tub hanging out of its socket with the wire exposed. I did report this to the desk as it is a safety issue. We have enjoyed Quality Inn before and will use again. Thank you.

The grounds were nice as well as the the gathering and dining area. Management and check in staff were very professional.

My children stayed in one room, I stayed in a room of my own. We all had a nice time and my family j
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine. No complaints.

I was pleased. Other hotels offering the same cost 50 more per night in that area. My room was clean. Coffee whenever I wanted some! Very nice pool. Family friendly!

For $80US it was well below standards!

Building was quite run down, wallpaper peeling off the wall in the room and there was a huge patch in the ceiling that didn’t look like it would hold up. It needs help

Awful

The hotel was un-hygenic and I could not subject my family to this place. The rooms smelled and it was next to a Gentlemen's club which illuminated their clientele. I was made to pay $135 in cancellation fees but would like to get my money back. There was no elevator and my Mom who has had two knee replacements could not climb the stairs.

The Mexican restaurant attached to the property had good food.

Adequate stay for one night on short notice.

TV did not work. Room smelled over-sanitized. Phone was coming apart. Wallpaper peeling. Stains on towels and pillow cases. One lamp did not work. Bathroom door hit the toilet while opening/closing the door (not a big deal, but kind of ridiculous). This was fine for me to stay one night by myself, but I would not have stayed longer and I would not have brought my wife and children.

Easy check-in and check-out. Convenient location to where I was going. Basic situation: Adequate bed, working shower, working sink, working toilet.

Don’t stay here. It is nothing like the pictures advertised

The 1st assigned room smelled of cigarette smoke. The manager gave me another room that didn’t smell of cigarettes but it is a very old run down building right next to a night club. Very over priced for the condition and location of this establishment.

Did NOT like anything about this place. If I could have gotten my money back I would NOT have even stayed.

Not staying here again, period.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overcharged me for my room, had problems contacting this hotel for them to fix it, property had lots of garbage laying around the property....would not stay there again, bad experience.

Nice bed

I wouldn't stay at that hotel again

Used coffee in machine, cigarette hole in bedspread, hole in wall with wires, dirty ice bucket, broken door lock

Breakfast was delicious and attendant was friendly

There was a dead (roach like) bug on the floor at the sink...

There was a dead (roach like) bug on the floor at the sink counter, the bath tub had a few hairs and was not very clean. I figure I got what I paid for, the room was inexpensive,and served my needs.

Overall a good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heater didn't work for a strong in the room

even though the breakfast was somewhat limited they have very high quality granola there and there is instant oatmeal available

The experience was awful and very disappointing for the Choice Hotel chain standard.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled musty and the sheets were dirty and damp. The walls were filthy and ceilings crumbling. It was one of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed at. They should have paid me to stay there.

Comfortable bed but couldn’t get good sleep with the staff and other people being so loud.

Very loud. The cleaning staff was loud. There were several events throughout my stay where the people were extremely loud and obnoxious outside my room at all hours. Not as clean as I thought it would be.

The bed was comfortable. Stains on the bedding though.

The place is a hole - stay somewhere else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1st room had soap left in soap dish from previous guest, smelled of smoke, and upholstery on chair/ottoman was shredded. 2nd room was dirty, phone didn't work, heat quit mid-morning, and alarm clock was covered with what I can only presume was K-Y Jelly or Vaseline - NASTY!

The location was convenient

Rewarding

Access to main highway in front of hotel was limited by road divider. Had to use GPS to get to it. Could be eased by access to property on either side.

Breakfast was great!

Would stay again

The hotel is getting close to remodel time, stains on carpet.

The breakfast was better than expected. Good coffee. Had a good night sleep, hotel very quiet at night. Staff very friendly. Great water pressure plenty of hot water. Good stay

Convenient location but pricey and not comfortable.

Bed was lumpy and too soft. Rooms were in need of updating. Price was not a good value for what was received.

Location was convenient. Breakfast included in price was good.

Overall It was okay. Second time being here so I guess Its okay

1. Didnt like that there were no turkey bacon or turkey sausages. 2. Not enough towels & wash cloths 3. White Top Blanket looked like it had some blood on it.

The beds were very comfortable

Room did not have lock on door.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room did not have lock on door. Asked to be moved and was, but with much hesitation from staff. Then new room had cigarette ashes all over the floor, gum in night stand, and stained sheets.

made a tough time comfortable

can't think of a thing

Bed especially comfy. Coffee out of this world - and I am picky. Maid was really a joy and I forgot to leave a tip. She and her helper were always there for me and I feel dreadful about it.

Ok for the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was ok for one night. Property a bit tired and not visually appealing. Room could do with a tidy up and aircon very noisy. Could not keep on over night.

We paid $100 for a king room that wasn't worth a dime over $60.

The Guadalejara restaurant is not worth the 10% off discount for hotel gifts. The service is horrible and they don't provide an itemized list, just a total. The owner of the establishment got there when we were requesting our check and proceeded to tell us about how she just returned from visiting a friend who overdosed and needs a new liver and about how her brother and son are both dead from DUIs. We mentioned we were headed to a wedding that evening and she still talked about all this depressing stuff for about 10 minutes when we were ready to ask for our check. It was so bizarre that we didn't even stick around for the itemized list which they were trying to put together AFTER they handed us a random total. Furthermore, the microwave in the room didn't work and the bathroom smelled like they had never cleaned it.

The booking.com stated check in 3pm to 1pm next day check out. Wrong information. It almost cost us

Dirty. They allowed guests to put personal properties outside including underwear, lawn stuff,grilling stuff. Dogs running around and poop. Surrounding looks like city project building and unkept.

Vacation room not up to par

The room needed to be cleaned before it was given to a guest. I found a bottle at the side of the bed and food in the fridge when I entered the room. I turned on the TV only to find it was useless; every channel said either not available or not installed. I called and was informed it was too late for maintenance to look at it and they would take care of it in the morning. I asked that they call me before entering my room as a courtesy, but no one every called or came. I checked in on Monday and was there until Friday. The toilet needed to be looked at as well as it was loose and moved every time it was sat on. I have stayed at this location before and not had these problems, so hopefully this was a one time thing for them but it definitely has me reconsidering any future stays with them.

I liked the bed, it was very comfortable. I also like having a fridge and microwave in the room.

I would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Seemed like a few room were rented out on a longer term basis to low income families. Seemed more like a multi cultural apartment complex than a motel. Everyone was very friendly though.

Facilities were older but well kept. The restaurant was great.

Worst stay ever

Bloody bandage and trash on floor upon checkin, gum on ceiling, Brown gooey substance on tub,dirt in every corner,loud, people hanging out all night. Couldn't take 3 year old to pool because loud inappropriate music blaring over speakers and smoking. Rude staff, could not get any help from choice hotels to relocate. For a 4 night stay I was refunded $34 for my trouble.

Great value

The property is hard to get to coming from one side because of no left hand turns and no U-turn. The buildings and structure (walls, floors and ceiling) were old with chipped paint and thread bare areas in the carpet. There was some remodeling going on (dumpsters outside of our door) so maybe this is being addressed. Our stay was great for the price. We would have no problem staying there again.

The staff is very pleasant. The room and furnishings were comfortable. Everything was clean. Breakfast was good and more than just muffins and coffee! There was fresh fruit, eggs, meat, yogurt and make your own waffles.

Terrible customer service

Staff knocked on door at 7:30 in the morning to clean room, complained to front desk for being woke up then knocked again an hour later. Construction started early in morning. You want rest and relaxation not the place for you!

Warning: This is a nasty hotel.

The crud! The room was not clean. We took the bed cover off immediately - it had visible "stuff" on it. (The comforter, linens, mattress cover, and mattress seemed clean.) Walk across the carpet in your bare feet and they got dirty. The toilet cover and edge of bathtub had cigarette burns, there was a black stain in the bottom of the toilet bowl, and the tub looked dirty (probably stained - hopefully! Bathroom floor wasn't clean - visibly. Walls had "stuff" that should have been wiped. The peep hole in the door was stuffed with tissue. Crud on the arms of the upholstered chair. The ice bucket was plastic, off white with the Quality Inn logo - had dirty crud on it. I tired to wash it off and it came off only when you scratched it with a fingernail. It was brown dirty - probably food grease that had been there far too long. We didn't use the ice bucket. You didn't want to touch anything in the room. The worst part was that we reserved a NON-smoking room and got a smoking one. It reeked of cigarettes. We told the desk clerk on check-in that we reserved a non-smoking, but he insisted the reservation was for smoking. He was arrogant and rude. Laughed at us and when he handed us the key cards, said, "You can smoke as much as you want in there. Ha, ha, ha." He and the desk clerk at check-out both insisted that Booking.com sent them a smoking room reservation ? ? ? We didn't have a choice of hotels. York was sold out and we couldn't chance telling the snarky desk clerk to shove it and not find a room elsewhere. It was classic car weekend. We weren't there for the classic cars - we were there to help mom with something she needed. We ended up paying $140 a night (2 nights) for a $37 room.

The TV was a nice, newer, Phillips, larger, flatscreen with a decent selection of channels that included a readable guide. The bed and pillows were newer and comfortable.

Disappointed with Quality Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Have stayed at Quality Inns in several locations and always have enjoyed our stay. This one was disappointing. Building looks old and run down. Wasnt sure if it was a hotel or a low-income housing project. We wanted to change our vacation plans and leave a day earlier than originally planned, but manager refused to refund our money for the last night.

Breakfast was good

Garbage/ dump
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was filthy and I have pictures to prove it. No need to tell management because it was a language barrier and they didn't seem very friendly at all. Room smelled like stale smoke. Everyone I came into contact with was talking about how the rooms were a complete dump. My bathroom was filthy. We had to buy cleaning products and I cleaned the room and had to buy candles to cut the scent. My children wanted to sleep in the car because they were afraid to lay in the bed. Towels were dingy and stained. Curtains were stained and so were lamp shades. Had to check for bed bugs cuz mattress were old and had stains on them and holes. They need to but bed bug covers on beds not a mattress cover. Just awful. Glad I only stayed one night.

Only the price

The gym facilities made the stay worth it, but the hotel...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The gym facilities made the stay worth it, but the hotel itself wasn't impressive at all. The staff wasn't ride, bit wasn't friendly and acted l ok ke they were doing us a favor. The continental breakfast was terrible.Our rooms never got cleaned, they just made the beds and gave us new towels.

Wasn't happy with the banging noise of them fixing something early in the morning couldn't even slee

I got woken up by some kind of construction or fixing early in the morning banging I have a video on my phone and he only gave me $10 back could even get another free stay or half off it was horrible I just got there at 2:30 in the morning and had to leave by 9 because of the noise

Clean

Hotel room mostly good, but lacked a bit of cleanliness at a couple spots.

It appeared to me that the person who cleaned the shower tile was not into "taking pride in her/his work. There was gray matter in the grout - which rubbed away in my own test spot. Also, there was a lot of wear on a couple items, indicating need for replacement, i.e. the ironing board. I left notes about it and the lamp which did not turn on.

The location was convenient for my purposes. It was near I-83 and put me on the highway easily and quickly the following morning.

location easy to get to from highways and is close to shopping and eateries.

the phone handpiece and cradle were caked with dirt. the ice bucket and lid had mold growing on them.

overall experience was great. food was great, bed really comfy, staff was friendly and helpful. upon departure, front desk staff person received complaint in a genial manner and promised to address the problem.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great place great service thank you

There was nothing bad about it... Although they should consider a later check out... I think 1o'clock is reasonable

The room was clean and very nice. I loved the colors the comfortness... Thanks for a great place

Never Again!!! Rooms give the "Illusion" of Clean

The outside of the hotel looks like a run down apartment complex. The bathroom was small and disgusting with mold, mildew, stains and a cigarette burn on the tub of my "non" smoking room. The carpet, doors and walls of the room were dirty and stained. My friend walked in and said the room smelled like an old swimming pool:( Avoid if possible. This review is limited because I could continue. (Oh and the "nearby" fitness facility they mention is 1.5 miles down the road) Again, Avoid if possible.

I really enjoyed checking out.

Bad place to stay

Room was shabby and dirty. Heat did not work properly. TV kept cutting in and out. Hair dryer had to be unplugged to turn it off. Safe would not lock.

Lots of nice hot water

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Absolutely no quality customer service at the Quality Inn

The desk manager, after promising us noon checkout told us to get out at 11 with 20 inches of snow without the parking lot even being plowed. It was so bad no other businesses around were even open and I ended up driving on horrible roads because I had nowhere else to go to another hotel half an hour south. Worst customer service I have ever ever ever ever had! I will never stay at a Quality Inn, especially the one in York again.

The breakfast and the restaurant at the hotel we're good. Everything about the hotel from the sticky walls to the disgusting painted tub to everything else including the staff I did not like.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Close to dining and shopping

Very outdated facility, doors were flimsy, and rooms were just old. Not an issue for me, but the wife was not comfortable with the room.

Close to dining and shopping

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Cold room on a cold night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was cold the heating was not working properly. The maintenance manager began to fuss at the person that was trying to assist me. If the maintenance manager was doing his job not in the kitchen maybe would have had adequate heating

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is old and dated--peeling wall paper and peeling paint, for example. Caulking needs to be replaced in the bathroom and parts of the tub were rusty. Coffee stains on the wall next to the coffee pot made me question the overall cleanliness of the room. I would never stay there again.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Our stay was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms need some maintenance.

I liked the convenience of a restaurant and breakfast was good. Hotel was clean, but overall hotel does need upkeep maintenance.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great hotel for smokers

The few non-smoking rooms are converted smoking ones and have not been fumigated properly. I had to change rooms and had trouble with the keys. A coach load of guys caused a lot of noise when they arrived. Surrounded by good restaurants.. Philip

Great cooked breakfast was a nice surprise.

It was what I would expect for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

shower head was terrible. there was ample water pressure at the faucet but the shower head did not flow enough pressure.

It was what I would expect for the price. The room was clean had a mini fridge and a microwave.

If You Like Dirt the it is a Room for You !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

DIRT! Room furniture stained. Shower curtain had black spots and streaks all over it, light switch cover looks like it was not cleaned in many years. Could go on but to numerous to list.

Location was good. That is it.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Would stay again.

We wanted to book again for October but ended up with the Ramada as it shows you don't allow pets - yet above there is a question asking if we had our pet with us so I'm confused. I can still change our October reses if you allow pets as our toy dog will be with us.

Very friendly front staff and very accommodating of limited mobility - outside entrance and room close to the desk . The room was clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Best part about the hotel was the woman at front desk

Room was not very clean wallpaper was peeling off walls tub was dirty and it was a hole in the bathroom door

The woman was really great when checked in at front desk

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Overall not bad for the price and we only stayed one night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean. A/C did not cool fast, took about 2 hours to cool the room down so we could sleep.

Breakfast was great. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Na
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All good no complains other than price I booked was not same when got to check in. By 2 bucks but still..

I love the view of the pool side on the second floor..

5-Star QUALITY INN & SUITES

Staff very friendly / courteous Room Cleans and in great condition Reasonable prices & breakfast was the Best

On site Mexican restaurant was excellent !

On site Mexican restaurant was excellent ! Fat Daddy’s club is conveniently next door !

very nice

Rooms could be a little more cleaner.

It was nice and quiet.

Pool

Pool

Reasonably priced, clean and comfortable accommodations

We did not know until our arrival that there was an additional fee for the dog

It was in the middle of everything and had a great...

Bathrooms were to small

It was in the middle of everything and had a great restaurant and bar at the hotel

I like the pool that was right in front of my room

I like the pool that was right in front of my room

Breakfast and eggs

Facility very run down.

Breakfast and eggs

It was fine for short notice and comfort zone

The lack of cleanliness

The wifi and location

Great value

Comfortable room. The Mexican restaurant was very good!

Great Value in this hotel.

N/a

Clean Room. Very Comfortable bed.

OK.

Run down. Electric receptacles didn't work. TV was poor (took too long to power up, change channels)

Train collector

I had no problem

Convienient to where I was going in York,breakfast was very good

Good breakfast

Good breakfast

It was ok for price

Rooms not that clean coffee pot had coffee pod still in it

Restaurant near ,night club near

bathroom was dirty.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

bathroom was dirty. chairs in room were stained. eggs were green and cold. we booked 2 nites but only stayed 1.

Mediocre

The rooms are not clean and up to date for the price. Disappointed

The breakfast

Close to shopping

Close to shopping

Lousey
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Registered for a non smoking room and got a room permeated by cigarette smoke. Most unenjoyable stay

Close to restaurants shopping

Close to restaurants shopping

Great stay for the night

The bathroom was tight

Near the shopping centers and food courts, the bed was comfortable

Won't stay again. Better hotel available for only a little more money.

Cleanliness,

Dirty, did not know we had to go outdoors to get to lobby.

Breakfast was good room wasn’t to bad could have been...

Noisey people above

Breakfast was good room wasn’t to bad could have been cleaned a little more better but overall was good for a night stay

breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I got a smoking room that I didn't ask for and couldn't change it.

breakfast

Most likely will not return.

Cleanliness of room and towels.

Breakfast was decent.