Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC NoMa Union Station 3 stars

501 New York Avenue NE, Suite B, Northeast, Washington, DC 20002, USA

#37 of 138 hotels in Washington

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The hotel staff did an excellent job
    • King Studio

I had a hard time finding the hotel. When I put the address in google map of 501 New York ave me, google changed the address to 501 New York ave nw. I did not realize google had changed my address to nw. We drove around awhile before I called the hotel for help

The staff was wonderful. That made the stay wonderful. The breakfast was also very nice. That got us ready for the day. I also felt like it was a secure building. The stairwells were locked and you needed a key to use the elevator.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Loved it.
    • King Studio

The only thing I didn’t like was the parking situation. The hotel should have parking for its guests as large as DC is.

Loved everything except the parking.

Something's need to be improved...
    • King Studio

The back entrance was filthy garbage and graffiti on the factory walls make the place unsafe and nasty. The pool was dirty and loaded with to much chlorine.

The room set up was ok.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

It's not the best Hoomwood
    • King Studio

Dear Fellow Traveller, I didn't know that before, northeast is not good of an area as the northwest. This hotel is in the northeast. I have been to Hoomwood suites before, they were mostly nice. But this one has irritated me. 1. Since I started booking my hotels through booking.com and even before booking.com, every request I made to a hotel since I started traveling come through, except this hotel, they told me that my request didn't come through and we didn't receive it. They told me it's booking.com problem!! 2. I traveled with my parents who both are 70+ I asked for a shower area with a stool instead of the tub. They couldn't provide a stool!!! I asked for booster step to climb up the bed because it's extraordinary high for my mother or lowering the bed a little (other hotels I've been to have actually done that). They did neither!! The guy on the reception told me to buy a booster step from walmart. This was the brilliant solution with which he could come up. 3. I asked for a simple duct tape! They told me (with, again, the same big smile) sorry, we don't have! It's maybe the first hotel (And I have traveled the world east to west) that doesn't have a duct tape!! 4. The bathroom area is not comfortable at all, the design is not smart at all! There is no door between the sink and the bed, they put the door between the sink and the toilet/shower area! Now this area became very small and tight such that when one wants to use the toilet, they have to slide to close the door! 5. The entire suite has one desk chair only! The suite is designed for 2+1 people, how come it has only one chair? 6. Apparently the management and the people at the reception in this hotel are barely good. They can only deal and solve problems like "I need an extra towel or the TV is not working" but they are not equipped to deal with "a bit" of not-ordinary situations.

The hotel is clean. The breakfast is good. The bed and the kitchen area are comfortable. Not the dining area and the bathroom are not. The complementary dinner was a very nice gesture from the hotel's management. The workers at the hotel are very polite and nice. The people at the reception, were nice with big smiles but not that helpful. I very much liked the gym and the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Exceptional
    • King Studio

I was unable to take advantage of the M-T social due to Labor Day it was closed.

King studio the perfect home away from home. The pool and jacuzzi were my favs especially because I’m an early riser and love to get in ahead of the crowed. Three people in particular were outstanding Jessica (convention center) Jazz mgr here and Jay the shuttle driver made my stay extra special. Thanks!

Great hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

When we checked in we were surprised to learn that we had to pay 37.00 per day for valet parking plus tax. People should know that's an extra cost while staying at this hotel.

I loved the staff. Very comfortable beds. Clean hotel. The shuttle takes you to Union Station and it's so easy to catch the bus into the National Mall or Georgetown. Free breakfast and free dinner buffet with beer and wine was a plus. Saved us tons of money on dining out.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great stay a Homewood Suites in DC for a unforgettable trip
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the distance to the National Mall in DC. I already knew how far from the major sites were from this hotel. If you didn't have a car, taking the shuttle was annoying. Also I believe the cost of parking your car was quite high at $36 a day before taxes. I didn't know this cost when going through Booking.com. I found out through the hotel's website. I also thought areas nearby the hotel didn't look safe at night.

This hotel was very clean and new. The staff were very friendly and professional. I liked that every night when we returned to our room that our beds were made and that enough clear towels were available since there were 5 people staying in our suite. I liked that we received new soap, shampoo and conditioner every night. Picking up your car by the valet was quite easy through the use of a website that they texted me.

My stay was great. I would book there again.
    • King Studio

The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. My room was clean and spacious. There is parking on the premises. My partner and I truly enjoyed our stay. (We stayed for one night). There is a buffet variety for breakfast so that was great. I recommend this hotel.

Bedsheets and Valet
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Housekeeping did not change the sheets for three days. The chocolate stain on the bedsheet remained there from Friday until Sunday. It was just covered up. Yes, we noticed. One particular valet parker was rude for three days. When reported, apparently this was an ongoing issue. Strike two.

My family and I loved everything else.

Good hotel ,good staff ,bad valet
    • King Studio

Valet staff needs better orientation ,they need to be courteous to guests spending their hard earned money on valet parking ,they took forever to get your vehicle and they were not organized

The staff were very helpful

Staff was helpful
    • King Studio

Over all area of hotel and some of the other guests were just rude in the pool area so we had to leave and go back to our room with our 8 year old

Room was nice over

Clean comfortable and roomy !
    • King Studio

Clean comfortable and roomy ! The front desk clerks were exceptionally nice and helpful. Located near union market a really fun eclectic place to shop and get lunch.

The rooms are very generously sized with kitchenettes.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

The walls are a bit thin and one night we were all woken up at midnight by an inconsiderate neighbor yelling on the phone. Although we had a drip coffee maker in the room, the coffee pods that were supplied with it only work in a coffee pod machine.

The rooms are very generously sized with kitchenettes. The complimentary light breakfast and dinner was perfect for us after traveling for 24 hours as on arrival we were hungry, but too tired to go out. The hotel also has a pool.

Comfortable and convenient

The pool wasn't great.

Our one bedroom suite was comfortable and well-equipped. We had a corner room with two large windows, which felt very spacious. Staff were most helpful with restaurant recommendations

Just about everything at this property was outstanding!
    • King Studio

Not being able to self park! Valet stand was under staffed and shuttle buses not being able transport more than 6-7 people! ( Not a deal breaker)

Just about everything at this property was outstanding! The front desk staff ( Omar & Leon) were very professional and welcoming when we arrived and throughout our stay!

Pleasant and smooth.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

The pool had too much chlorine and the water was hazy.

I was especially taken with the kindness and professionalism of the front desk staff. Each encounter with various staff members was pleasant and informative. My children and I thank you for making our stay memorable.

A very comfortable hotel with a great staff but really need to address issues such as shuttle servic
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

The shuttle service was awful! Only two buses for DC in the summer and these were shared by two hotels so there was usually a long wait when either leaving the property or arriving back at Union station for a pick-up! Also, the chemicals in the pool were a nightmare the whole week! My swim suit was bleached out in the hot tub(first time worn!). My ring tarnished completely and my grandson had a horrible reaction to the chemicals! Burning rash on legs two times! We finally decided not safe to get in again! Others had same issues! Pool should have been closed until this was fixed! The good news is that they offered to reimburse me for my suit which I'm not sure all hotels would have done!

The staff was the best!!! Omar and Baquir couldn't have been more helpful!

very nice hotel will stay again.
    • King Studio

Elevator not working, had to walk up four floors first day. By night time staff open service elevator for use.

Staff very nice and helpful. Van drivers very nice. Breakfast was very nice.

Really enjoyable, great facilities and staff. Would recommend to friends.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

Social evening mon to Thursday's was an unexpected addition. Staff friendly. Shuttle bus available. Plenty of maps, information to ensure you got around the city and made most of you trip.

It was good. The shuttle service was a life saver. The drivers were all nice, friendly, and courteou
    • King Studio

Maybe if there was another toaster, that would help.

The omlettes were not that appetizing. There was a hash that did not look good at all. I did not want to try it. The bacon was crispy, just as I like it.

It was very Clean And Comfortable To Stay In.
    • King Studio

Only Thing I Didn’t Like Was There’s No Street Parking Surrounding The Hotel So If You Drive Your Forced To Pay For Hotel Parking. Overall Still Was A Great Stay.

It was very Clean And Comfortable To Stay In. Everything I Was There To Do Was Close By The Hotel.

It was actually very positive.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

It would be great if the shuttle took you down to the National Mall area. Also since people are always being transported to the wrong Homewood Suites there should be free shuttle service to correct that situation. I should not have to pay for a cab because there are two of the same hotel on the same street!

Clean, safe

Definitely would stay again. Excellent experience.

Loved it all

Very large room and comfortable bed. They have free breakfast and dinner with wine and beer which was a surprise. Excellent value. Staff was extremely friendly. Hotel also offered a free shuttle.

Very comfortable, quiet and staff excellent.
    • King Studio

Breakfast offerings were mediocre...we are vegetarian and would have enjoyed greater variety of grains, interesting breads, nice cheese & fruits 😊

Rooms were very comfortable....did t take advantage of the nice looking kitchen facilities.

Great location and friendly service throughout our stay
    • King Studio

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with our visit to DC. Front desk staff was very friendly and super helpful! Kitchen staff was also friendly and patient with the demanding of rush hour breakfast time

Great weekend stay - and perfect place from where to visit all the major sites.
    • King Studio

The friendliness of the shuttle drivers who are always within 15 minutes of your location. The Market which is a couple of blocks from the hotel offers a variety of affordable eating choices.

Needs improvement
    • King Studio

The location and the area. It was not clarified that it was no self parking only valet parking which cost me another unexpected $100 when I arrived. The staff was not very friendly upon my arrival and about informing me I could not check in early with no other options or suggestions while waiting for check in time. I had to wait more than 20min for housekeeping to bring towels to the pool and the pool area was not clean, I found a extension braid at the pool side.

The room was nice

The bed was really comfortable and the staff was really nice!
    • King Studio

The location was alright (the free shuttle helped a lot though).

The bed was really comfortable and the staff was really nice! They made sure our room was ready early because we had such an early flight in and we were exhausted. The breakfast was nice and it changed every day! The room was big and even with the couch flipped into a bed we had enough space.

We had a lovely time and thank you for the fine service and the pleasant accommodations
    • King Studio

We agreed that we should tell you about the coffee downstairs - sour, acid, perked - and how disappointing we found it. Instant would be better. Drip would be better yet. We also wondered about the quick disappearance of the hot chocolate option, and the absence of green tea.

The staff was so nice - in the Hilton and in the hotel next door... We enjoyed the meals, the room, the Hampton's gym, and the shuttle-service

Very comfortable & clean hotel that is great for family travel.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Check in was bad as I was given the wrong room twice until I received the right room. Valet parking was very disorganized as well.

Bed was fluffy and comfortable.

A real gem in DC, very enjoyable hotel!!!
    • King Studio

Service charge is kind of unexpected, but it's duly reimbursed at the end of your stay.

Breakfast was excellent, service was awesome, check in process was fast and the evening social (4 nights a week) is a huge bonus when traveling on a budget. Shuttle service was also very good and the views from the hotel are excellent. Kitchen facilities, spa and gym are great assets as well. Check out process is fast.

Sum all, this hotel is one which we will definitely go back to and we highly recommend it to anyone.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

Very difficult to find something which unpleased us. No, I can not find anything!

It was the first time ever at this hotel and we were both my husband and I deeply taken by the warmth welcome of the staff at anytime of the day. Everyone made our journey there as if we were their only guests.

I will definitely stay at this property again!
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds

Would love to see some 24/7 ice water in lobby. Travel dehydrates the body and waking up and being able to grab a really cold fresh glass of water is so nice. Would be good for people who go running, too, and then come back. I had to keep bugging the staff for cold water!

Employees were awesome and property was really clean. Shuttle service is fabulous!

Overall was a great experirence. I'm very satisfied with my stay in Washington.
    • King Studio

The only thing I recommend for the shuttle transportation is more vans or bigger ones, thus they can take more people to their destination instead of waiting outside for 15 min or more.

I like everything. From the room to the personnel. My stay was very nice, personnel was very friendly. The room was very clean, and the maid did very good job every day we were there. The breakfast was hilarious.

Great staff and service, you definitely get more than you pay for.
    • King Studio

The hotel is a 40 minute walk from the city but that’s why the shuttle came in handy.

The staff were always very nice. The hotel has great amenities such as the free shuttle that would take you back and forth to union station all day and the free breakfast, afternoon snacks, and free wine and beer were a plus. The hotel also had ultimate security especially with the elevators so you felt safe staying there. Will definitely stay here again!

Good hotel but not centrally located.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The hotel location was much further from the center of Washington and Union Station than the description led us to believe. If not for the shuttle we would have had a 30 minute walk or expensive taxis.

Large room with comfortable bed. Luckily there was a regular complimentary shuttle to the Union Station area.

This is a hotel for comfort. A home away from home.
    • King Studio

I love the hotel. The Staff is absolutely wonderful. The breakfast was delicious. The gym was sufficient and the pool/hot tub was a great bonus! The bed felt like a soft cloud. Best sleep in weeks 10 ⭐️

Tea and coffee available always;
    • King Studio

Tea and coffee available always; the staff were very friendly and very flexible to serve us even though we had to make some booking changes; shuttle to Union Station and back was always available

Great stay with exceptional service!
    • King Studio

This was an extremely clean hotel with great amenities but the friendliness of the staff especially the front desk and vallet made it an exceptional place to stay.I will stay here anytime I am in DC!

I will not be returning!
    • King Studio

Staff during check in was very rude! She gave me false information as far as the amount of money being taken off my card. Which pushed one of my bills back with a late fee due to my scheduling. I was under the impression that the total amount would be charged at check out but the full Amount was taken at check in !!!!! Very upset!!!!!When I went to my room and saw that it looked nothing like what was posted on the internet it was very disappointing! There were ants in the sink and A baby spider crawling as well ..gross! The furniture was very cheap looking and the tub was super small I was not able to bathe and relax comfortably, not to mention the shooter curtian and the wall of the shower had black stains I went to Walmart to get products to clean it myself before getting in! There was a party on my floor which was a bit loud that interfered with my sleep ! I tried to go to the hot tub and relax , but there were a bunch of kids running around and diving ! The fitness center also had a 3 children playing on equipment with no supervision!!!! I couldn't get a hold of the front desk so I had to leave my room to go down stairs and ask for towels and utensils! The younger women operating the front desk give me a nasty look during my walk into the breakfast diner . You would think for the amount of money you spend on this place the parking should be included $59 per day plus room rates is just absolutely ridiculous! Will not be visiting again . Very poor!

It was some good and some bad.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

The pillows were flat. we ran out of toilet paper. The valet attendant lost the keys to our car and we had to wait several hours for them to find them. The breakfast: fruit for the yogurt was spoiled.

It’s a great place to say! Communication needs to better to avoid the inconveniences of things!
    • King Studio

On booking.com it didn’t mention that there was an incidental fee needed to be paid at time of arrival. It also stated that you could pay in cash at location which was great for our group and that was very false. Had to provide a card at time of check in, to make payment. Also was charged for 2 nights of parking, when I had booked a room that included parking. Was told I would get the $60 incidental fee after check out, and it actually takes 5-7 business days to get money back. Just a lot of inconveniences that could have been avoided.

Loved the hotel room!

In general a nice experience.
    • King Studio

Very very cold at the breakfast are. We were unable to sit and enjoy our meal.

The kitchenette was nice. Nice breakfast as well. The free shuttle to union station was great.

Large rooms
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

Hidden valet fees, hidden parking tax. Over $100 for parking for just a 2 night stay. Beware ! There isn't any self parking at this hotel.

Large rooms

Every other staff were friendly and very helpful
    • King Studio

The cleaning guy. He insisted on cleaning at a particular time and since it was not convenient for us, we told him to back but he did not. The trash bin was full as we called out for dinner

Great people except for the manager. Or the guy who claimed to be the manager. He claimed he was standing in for a cleaner who didn't come and insisted on cleaning my room at a particular time or not coming back. The sheets and trash were not changed for 2daya

Great Stay. I would def recommend to anyone.
    • King Studio

I thought the pool could have looked a little cleaner. It smelled like too much chlorine and was cloudy

The King size bed i had was so comfortable. The fitness gym looked nice. I also loved how they had complimentary breakfast

Awesome
    • King Studio

The only thing that I don't like is that the parking is not included.

I like everything. The breakfast was delicious and the light dinner was delicious too.

The rooms were comfortable and clean.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

Certain staff at times were rude but others were nice. Not much food variety, and when things were low they weren't attentive to restock. Myself along with other customers had to be knocking and asking for things.

The rooms were comfortable and clean.The shuttle drivers were amazing. Having tea and coffee 24/7 is great too.

Good Location Obscene Parking Cost
    • King Studio

The overnight parking was $36 which doesn't make sense as I only paid $99 for my room. Highway robbery.

The location is good and close to downtown

Very Comfortable
    • King Studio

One of the front desk staff wasn't helpful.

Amazing Room. Great Quality. I had booked a King studio. It was able to fit 4 adults and a baby comfortably

Great hotel, great staff, central location. Will stay again, recommend
    • King Studio

Weren't getting hot water in the shower the first couple days, maintenance fixed the issue. Parties going on in adjoining rooms (was over new years) the special police came and took care of it. They were a actually a presence there several nights, in the lobby, etc so this may be fairly regular challenge, but things seem to be nipped in the bud. Just a gentle suggestion to hotel- please consider a wider table w/ 2 regular chairs rather than the rolley one, that way the group can better access the kitchenette and visit/play games. The long ottoman by the couch is awesome, provides extra seating for two.

Manager Alicia and all staff friendly, accommodating. 24 hr coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar and cozy lobby w/ electric fireplace/ TV, warm and inviting- your group can spread out. Breakfast items like eggs/ meats rotated, Monday-Thursday dinner social just outstanding. You can mingle and meet new people. Gym well laid- out with all the essentials. Front desk held our luggage check-out day. so we could get out and about as we had a late evening flight. Good value for your hard-earned money, a healthy walk to No-Ma station, from there eazy-peazy to get around. Highly recommend - this hotel provides a truly personal experience.

Not worth the price. Will not happen again
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

The service of housekeepers. Front desk is short of staff, had to wait 10+ minutes for anything. The floor I stayed in smelled like weed, hope it is not just a new year celebration thing. Disappointed.

The housekeepers did not clean my bed sheet and top sheet up on my arrival - in fact, there are obvious dirty footprints on them. I had to call the front desk after midnight to let them send new sheets and make my own bed. The next day, I stopped the housekeepers and informed them my interest of having new sheets - they didn't even stop by my room to clean up! The hotel manager compensated me with one night of my stay, but the manager of housekeeping had a terrible attitude and blamed me for not informing him before I left the hotel at 4am in the morning. Terrible experience, do not recommend.

This was our first time in D.C. The hotel is in a good location - not too far from landmarks.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

We went to breakfast towards the end of the morning. The breakfast area was out of many items,and there was not enough seating for guests. I would also have liked a self-parking option. $36 per day for valet parking is a bit much.

The room was excellent. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom lighting was the best in any hotel I've ever stayed in.

I love everything about this hotel except the loud ventilator.
    • King Studio

If you are a sensitive sleeper, don't book this hotel. Despite of all the great things it has, the ventilator in the bathroom and bedroom is SO SO SO SO loud - and it can not be turned off! I wear earplugs and can still hear them.

The room is very spacious and I love the kitchen so much! It feels like home - has everything you need, even dishwasher!!! The sofa is extremely comfortable, TV is excellent.

Close to union station
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

NOOOOOO HOT WATER for showers in 20 degree weather - apparently they can’t get plumbers to fix anything during a 3 night stay. The entire hotel was without hot water. “Free” breakfast means the staff doesn’t have to move quickly to replace empty food bins. Breakfast got worse when they couldn’t clean dishes because there was no hot water so it was paper plates and plastic utensils. Oh the “free” shuttle ... good luck getting on that! You have to wait in line for a single shuttle that services Homewood AND Hampton Inn which are basically connected. Housekeeping - lol what a joke! Upon arrival at 10pm there were NO sheets for either the king bed or sofa bed. Day 1 - they banged on the door at 7:30am and when sent away they never came back which they are required to return within 2 hours and never did. I should have stayed in a Motel 8 - hell of a lot cheaper but at least the lack of services and basic necessities like hot water wouldn’t have been expected.

Close to union station

The room was very clean, modern and comfortable.
    • King Studio

We booked the room because it has a couch to sleep on and because of the shuttle service. When booking I asked for extra bed clothes for the couch. That favor was neither fulfilled nor did I get any answer. Furthermore, we needed to take a taxi from Union station to the hotel because the shuttle wouldn't run after 10 p.m. and they couldn't tell us any public transport connection. The staff was sometimes a bit distant and gave rather short answers.

The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. Our kitchen was fully functional. There was a shuttle service to and from Union station. You could get free warm tea and coffee at any time. The breakfast featured waffles.

It was great besides parking price but I’ll definitely come back
    • King Studio

There was a constant fan blowing noise in the bathroom even though the fan wasn’t on. Also I wish there was a door that closed between the bathroom sink and bedroom.

Breakfast was wonderful, the bed was super comfy, staff was wonderful.

Loved the facility but front desk staff needs more Help.

I was over charged on both rooms booked at check in. When I questioned at check out was told it would be fixed. Was given my two receipts with what I thought I was being charged. Imagine my surprise when two hrs later realized the had not taken from but one charge from checking and recharged my card the two correct charges plus the same amount again the were to credit me for approximately $650.00 over my stay. When I called I was assured it would be taken care of immediately. No. I had to call back the next day and spoke to another person who wanted to argue with me that I did not know what I was talking about. He kept telling me it as only on hold. I assured him it had been deducted from my checking account. After back and forth he realized what I was saying and He then told me it could take up to 10 days to put back in my account. After many back and forth my bank got involved. Thankfully! Front desk needs more help to check people in and answer phones with just 1 on duty. Also I feel having to valet park is crazy. I could have parked my self and saved 72.00.

We love the facility. Breakfast was great everyday and coffee was wonderful. The two shuttle drivers were great.

Awesome place and very convient !
    • King Studio

My room was not all the way cleaned but they came to take care of it right away

Social was very nice , staff friendly ,& free shuttle drivers awesome !

comfortable and good value for money
    • King Studio

There is only one shuttle to the closest train and metro stations, but is small and at peak hours you have to wait to the next turn. Because of the traffic in the city, sometimes the waiting time in line is long. Also, at 11 pm no one answer the telephone... yes, you have to call the hotel asking for the shuttle that it's a problem if you are traveling from outside the US. The first day our room had a problem and for entering, every time some one had to come with us to open the room with a master key. Next day we were changed to another room. In this new room the fan in the bathroom was so noisy, and there is no way to stop it.

The hotel was renovated few time ago, is nice and comfortable although a little far from the subway. Rooms are big, with a small kitchen and a huge new fridge!! Free coffee at the lobby at any time. Good breakfast, and good temperature inside the hotel. Guys at desk are nice and helpful.

Overall pleasant.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

cleaning up of rooms by housekeeping should be automatic. The make-up room sign hung on the door outside didn’t seem to work for the first evening .

The bed, shower facility, shuttle to union station

Would never go back to this hotel ...
    • King Studio

The staff was terrible, very rude, never had our room cleaned for the 3 days we were there. We paid 1 day in cash and they had no record of it ... before we did the final check out they tried to OVERCHARGE us almost $300...out of 3 people only 1 person believed us that they were over charging us . And all they kept saying was “this is really weird, this is strange” and No it wasn’t the manager... sad part is the manager is the one who “helped” us out when we paid one day cash. And didn’t keep record of it . there is no parking . So you HAVE TO valepark which is $45 a day! So for a three day stay plus parking we paid A little less than $600...

The food,and room was nice

The people at the hotel were very nice.
    • King Studio

The only complaint I would have is the breakfast/dinner area needs more organization. My 7 year old got cut off by middle aged adults several times so that was annoying.

The people at the hotel were very nice. My room was clean and the maid made the bed and refreshed the towels every day even though I hung them up for multiple uses :) we had several apple electronics and didn’t feel the need to utilize the safe. We were there on Thursday thru the weekend so we had Thursday dinner at the hotel which was quick and modest after a day of exploring. We had breakfast every morning except for the day we left because the times didn’t coincide with our flight home.

Could have been better
    • King Studio

40 for parking is awful! The hotel across the road let us park there for free. The breakfast was also disappointing due to the fact that when we got their, there was nothing left. It took them ages to put more breakfast food.

The room was very clean and comfy, and the staff very helpful.

I was very disappointed the $36 + taxes for parking was not...
    • King Studio

I was very disappointed the $36 + taxes for parking was not mentioned on the bookings.com site. I did not have other parking options. The mention of a parking fee should be on your site.

It was an excellent stay can’t really complain
    • King Studio

Having to wait a half an hour for them to get a room ready and I came from out of town

Overall everything was good well except for when I first arrived the staff was a little unorganized but the front desk lady straightened everything out and I had a wonderful stay!!

We are coming back to D.C. In just a couple weeks but we decided to try the Hampton adjacent.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

One day I called for towels but they never came. One day our room did not get serviced therefore no clean/dry towels, our overflowing small kitchen trash can not taken care of and beds not made. It just happened to be the night we brought family back to the room to visit I would guess they were not impressed. We called to request room service and then later had to go down to desk to ask again. She did eventually come. One morning there was not enough food, supplies, cups, or even seating. We thought there were an awful lot of families with many many kids. We learned later over hearing manager asking people to leave as they had brought many more people into a room than was booked for. Heard other paying honest guest complaining of same. It appears you need another system for breakfast. Valet was great but I thought a bit high for parking at just over $40 per day. I don't mind paying but think it should be a little less cost (like $25-30 maybe). Also the pool was over saturated with chlorine one night people complained as we agreed that it was not usable at all. Kids coughing and eyes watering. Pool towels often not available. We did use pool 3 times during our 4 day stay.

The desk staff was great. Friendly. Helpful Room was beautiful and very clean. Shuttle was very convenient for us and staff driving were great. Valet fast and friendly. View was great. Very convinent for our visit.

I felt home.
    • King Studio

From check in to check out with Mr. Omar all the staff made me feel like at home, their courtesy and service was outstanding..rooms clean, hot breakfast and friendly cook Ana, valet parking, shuttle service, it all exceeded my expectations!

The front desk staff was so attentive and polite!
    • King Studio

Though they weren’t rude, the kitchen staff wasn’t as friendly and attentive as the rest of the staff. On a Richter scale, front desk staff was a sure 10 while the kitchen was maybe a 6 or 7.

The front desk staff was so attentive and polite! The shuttle drivers were very helpful in directing us and helping to map out our day in order to maximize our time there.

Would not stay here. Poor customer service.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Almost everything. The room we had was not big enough for whole family. I tried to change but front desk was not accommodating. Front desk very slow I brought some items had to wait about 15 Minutes or more to pay. We will not stay here again. Front desk slow and rude.

The proximity to where we had to go.

Very clean, affordable, and friendly staff. I'd recommend this hotel.
    • King Studio

This is a difficult one, I was very satisfied with the room and the hotel.

I really enjoyed the food and the food selection. I was pleasantly surprised by the eggs, bacon, and waffles. The coffee was awesome. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was perfect and so was the washer/dryer. Omar at the front desk was great as well as the rest of the staff including Andrew and Kevin. The valet system was also great. I would definitely come back to this hotel on my next DC stay.

Staff were excellent and very welcoming and helpful.
    • King Studio

Surroundings weren't the prettiest but there are plans to improve them quite a bit so in the future that will improve. Carpet in the lobby gave me a headache...

Staff were excellent and very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were a generous size with all the amenities you would expect. I would definitely return.

It would be helpful if the shuttle had an actual schedule.
    • King Studio

It would be helpful if the shuttle had an actual schedule. As an international traveller, I couldn't call the hotel to find out when the shuttle was arriving. I ended up most times either walking or taking a taxi as the shuttle was way too unreliable. Unless you are a tourist without major time constraints, the shuttle is too unreliable.

The Breakfast was nice and The Behind the scene staff were...
    • King Studio

We lost power the parking is very high priced and the front desk staff not very friendly

The Breakfast was nice and The Behind the scene staff were very pleasant

Excellent service and wonderful staff - everyone from managers to kitchen/buffet team.
    • King Studio

Wish the overnight parking (which was on site) might have been less expensive.

Excellent location; staff were very friendly and helpful; very nice evening manager's reception; well done and varied morning breakfast. Lovely room. Handy complimentary off-site transport service with super accommodating drivers.