Reviews of Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee 2 stars

6172 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee, FL 34606, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Weeki Wachee

• King Room - Smoking

It needs renovation, also the bed felt like it was stuffed with rocks. Also having the local sheriff's officer stop me was a little scary.

It was quiet.

• King Room - Smoking

No refrigerator or microwave in the rooms. And should have more than one ice machine.

The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, good location to everything. Loved the pool. The staff was very friendly.

Dirty, dirty, dirty...stained mattresses, no coffee machines, small TV & limited programming...used our own linen, pillows, cleaned and sprayed throughout...damp smell in unit, towels shorted but they provided more when requested. Microwave, coffee pot and small refrigerator would be nice.

Great lo ation across the street from Week I Wachee Springs (walk to)

Lots of people living there, many with dogs. Howling coming from some rooms. Noisy at night with cars coming and going, some guests playing loud music. Tired, could use renovations but you get what you pay for. Only facilities in room where a tv and the a.c. Which was noisy.

The location was right across from the state park which was the reason for our visit. Close to good places to eat. Pool was closed when arrived but opened later in the afternoon. Lady on reception was really nice, hurried the making up of our room. Very low price

The roaches were not my favorite thing. We do live in Florida and are use to them. But that does not mean we have to see them. also the floors were tiled and nice ......but they needed washed .

The floors were linoleum. A door which led into the adjoining room (for people to rent 2 rooms together) with no sound insulation resulted in me hearing all the talk and noise in the adjoining room - very bad. Also the coffee was terrible in the main lobby.

Good Location

We went and stayed to go to the beach the following day. Everything was excellent. We actually had 3 rooms booked with 3 different family members and you will deffently have our business in the future. We normally make the drive to the springs in the morning and then drive home in the evening, but having such an affordable hotel right there was perfect and we are already planning another trip!!

Seemed to be updated and cleaner then I expected. Only issue I had was not management fault except maybe pool hours. Loud kids and families outside til late.

Rooms had roaches floor was torn up. Air conditioner barely work. No hot tub like shown in pictures

The location was in a great spot. Pool was clean. Service was okay. Parking was okay.

• King Room - Smoking

Didn't get room I booked. Not enough towels in room. TV problems. Coffee only available in office and only from 6am until 10am. Poor housekeeping.

Friendly staff.

Having to take the stairs and no coffee after 9. I came in late,so sleeping in was a need. I would of liked acup of coffee when I woke, but it was too late. I asked for one at 9:30a.m.

Sleep and staff

There was mold and rust in the bathroom. The beds were so worn down. Place was falling apart! There was a man who was taken by ambulance from stepping on a used needed! Right in the same area his kids were playing in. Same area where we walked our dog!! The AC was so loud we couldn't sleep! You could smell and feel the moisture in the air.we ended up leaving at 3 am and cancelled our second night. It was awful!

The fact that it was right across the street from the state park. And the front desk staff. That's it!

Walls are paper thin, room was NOT clean, bed was uncomfortable, no smoke detector in room, people were smoking IN pool and hot tub, disgusting!!!!!!!

It is very close to Weeki Wachi Springs

It smelt bad. It had no fridge or clock. And surrounded by barking dogs and screaming kids in other rooms.

it was a place to sleep right across from where we were going

• King Room - Smoking

The staff was rude!! Also we booked it for a week, which was 412.00. Well we were a day early and they charged us 122.00 for ONE night. The rooms were dirty. And I had fight to get my sheets changed. REALLY!!! The floor was always nasty. I had to always wash the black off the bottom of my feet.

nothing! It was a horrible experience... will never stay at another motel 6. I will also tell all my friends and family not to stay either!!! But there was one housekeeper that made our stay better. She went above and beyond to make us happy. Her name is Rose.

Booked because it was close to Weekie Watchee. Don’t do it. Filthy, bugs. Only a few rooms for tourists, mostly it’s a residence for people down on their luck. Felt very unsafe for two women with children. Hair in the bathtub; crud in all corners of the bathroom; cheap linoleum hasn’t been scrubbed ever; roaches scurrying. Disgusting. Never using booking.com again.

Front desk person was friendly

Needs mini fridges in rooms it is hot down there and unless you buy a cooler your drinks are warm unless you run to ice machine everytime

We liked the pool

A.c. didnt work properly, bed was hard, water ran in the bathroom the entire time, was in a la to turn off completely, loud neighbors, old gummy bears on the floor in the main part of the room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bed/matress had a big dip in it. Therefore, didn't sleep well and woke up with back hurting. For $100 a night they should serve breakfast.

The view

They told us this was an "economy" hotel. This means for the price per night (a price we paid on our trip all along the east coast from Boston to Tampa for many different hotels that had more comforts and luxuries included) it is no frills, no breakfast, no refrigerator in the room, and no extras. There is a pool, but it is seasonal, though there are no discounts. The towels were small/thin and in short supply, our room wasn't touched (by cleaners) the length of our stay except to be given a new towel. The AC unit was terribly loud. There is no carpeting, just a wood floor. Guests smoked outside their rooms on the balcony, and were loud in the evening.

The location, and the price, and the firm bed. We were able to stay close to my elderly parents who live down the road.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Questionable area. No fridge, microwave or blow dryer. Make sure to bring your own shampoo. No continental breakfast is served.

The price was right and the location was convenient.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

My feet turned filthy black with in five minutes of walking around the room barefoot after my shower. When I asked the staff to clean the floor and show them a picture of my feet, they said they would have someone clean the room they compt. me $23 which is not even a days stay. When they cleaned the room there were still french fries under the bed the room was never cleaned properly during the entire right days I stayed there. There was an insufficient amount of towels, and then one day they didn't clean the room at all and took some of the towels that were there. When I was ready to pack my things and leave I was looking for my iPad I open a drawer which I hadn't used and there was stuff in there that I believe someone was using for drugs. There were holes in the comforter and on the cover that goes over the box springs was filthy and stained, also there were cigarette burns on the stands the mirrors were filthy and the windows were dirty.

When I checked in and was advised there was no elevator as I was new to the area the girl working at the desk help me carry my suitcases to my room as I have health issues and could not do it.

The intense smoke smell in the room and bed. The bugs on the floor around the bathroom area.

Nothing: No breakfast provided. Smokey room/bed. Brown crawly bugs on floor and in bathroom!! After our complaint for night one, they changed the sheets and pillow cases.

Very old not updated cracks in sinks etc building in real bad shape for the money at almost 100 dollars a night they need to put more in it I expected a lot more bedspread was dirty etc

The toilet was way too small for my guests! Need to install taller toilets as not everyone with bad knees can sit on a toilet that is especially low!

Accessibilities

Bad heater. No refrigerator.

Everything was perfect. However, the heat did not work very well. It was an unusually cold night. Not bad, though. I noticed great improvements since my stay last year.

When we parked our vehicle and got out, there were used syringes lying on the ground. I took my shoes off in the room and had to put them back on as the floors were filthy.

No toiletries, i.e. shampoo, conditioner and Kleenex; no hairdryer; no coffee maker; no fridge (not even available for a price); no microwave; only 1 plug useable in bathroom area; hot water tap in shower very difficult to turn; coffee and hot water in lobby not hot; no Continental Breakfast; great that there are laminate floors in the units, but, they were filthy; ceiling light with no cover almost directly over shower; no Do Not Disturb signs

Location was good. Beds were comfy.

• King Room - Smoking

Ice machine inconvenient. Dryer in laundry exorbitantly priced. No breakfast despite what acting manager said; only coffee and tea. No microwave or fridge or coffee maker in room.

Staff save acting manager were super helpful.

No small refrigerator in our room. Did not feel super safe as there were lots of folks that seemed to be just hanging outside of their room and walking by our room... the rooms were exterior rooms.

Room was clean and bed was comfortable. The hotel was very simple and met our needs for our short stay.

Booked two weeks ahead and could not get in room until 4:00. When we left my granddaughter forgot her bag on counter with drivers license and $60 in it Went back to get and Hispanic girl was already cleaning and bag was gone. You have a theft problem and would never recommend your facility to anyone!!!

• King Room - Smoking

The staff, especially the MOD, was unnecessarily gruff and inhospitable. Especially in his dealings with other hotel staff. No microwave or fridge in the rooms, no extra towels for the pool and worst of all not ONE smile from the entire staff. Hospitality service? Just service. Barely.

• King Room - Smoking

When I called about giving me new towels they told me to come to the front desk

The room was not clean Stains on the bed coverings They never came to change towels or clean room Would not stay again

Noise level pets allowed to stay, dogs barking at night, safety aspect individuals drinking and smoking laughing outside room at 430 am

Pool area nice staff very helpful

The rooms are apparently being renewed incrementally - new painting, new window curtains, etc. An incremental improvement means that some things remain with a need for improvement. For example the furniture in our room was badly worn.

The motel is apparently taking incremental steps to improve its property. The motel is very close to Weeki Wachee State Park. The rates are reasonable..

The room was filthy. Nothing had been cleaned. Im pretty sure all that house keeping did to “prepare” our room was to make the bed. Walls are very thin, you could hear everything the neighbors were doing, including using the bathroom facilities. Fresh blood was all along the walkway and was never cleaned up. Ants were all over the room.

Ease of checking in and location.

That there was no free breakfast every day and that there was no microwave in the room had to walk to lobby to use and there was no refrigerator in the room we had to use a cooler

The clean room

Bare bones, very old motel, no kleenex, no coffee pot, no fridge in room. Limited towels. None of the little niceties most motels have. Room was not very clean. (hair in tub and on door)

staff was friendly

Rcvd knock on door 2nd night approximately 2 a.m. Buy a gentleman employee who stated he had received complaints meaning plural about all the yelling in our room. At no time was there any type of fighting or yelling amongst myself and my boyfriend. On the contrary, we listen to music not overbearing, danced and sang to Old Time songs played a game of cards we were in no way of obnoxious loud or disrespectful to any guest and or employees I was a little upset and from that point forward felt as though having a good time doing fun innocent basic things or not permitted at this Motel. To State there were complaints meaning more than one is of question. We are good decent people who bring no trouble drama chaos drunken Behavior and somewhat resented that we were unable to listen to music dance and have a little fun in our own private room thank you

Friendly check n staff.

I checked out 3 different rooms and they all smelled like smoke. We settled for the third one because it was evident that all the rooms were going to smell foul. The towels had stains on them, the air conditioner/heater rattled, the pillows were lumpy, the free coffee was not hot, the room was not cleaned well, and the bath towels are kept in a holder nowhere near the bathtub. It was the worst night's sleep I've ever had because the walls are paper thin and we could hear everything going on in the other rooms (the TV was left on all night in one room and they argued into the early morning hours in the other). It was the worst experience we have ever had , we will never be back, and will not recommend this motel to anyone. I wish we could give you a good review, but that's just not possible.

The bed was comfortable and the woman checking us in was extremely pleasant and welcoming!

Room was large, new wood floor which is better than old carpet. TV screen size a little small for room but that was only small thing, otherwise was great experience. Would stay again for sure.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Only complaint, saw one little baby roach when we first came in.

Pretty clean, reasonable price, very quiet, accessible from the highway. The A/C unit wouldn't turn on until I clicked the re-set button on the plug but then the unit worked great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was just ok but you get what you pay for and it was fine. Seemed like a lot of people were "living" there for extended periods of time.

Seat in room looked like it had been used as a cat scratch mat, tv was tiny

Motel is tired and I feel as it was out of season for the area they were just not bothered

There was no breakfast in the hotel. Front room door very loose, loads of cold air coming in. The heater wasn't sufficient for it's purpose. Very cold in the room. Shower very low, need to bend legs to not hit it while showering. Walls made out of "paper" so thin you can hear low voice conversation from all surrounding rooms. I was actually awaken twice during night by 2 different couples having sex. Very annoying.

Good for 1 night if you in the area.

This hotel was the most disgusting place I have ever been in. The water was leaking in the tub. Dirty! Not even a box of tissues in the room. Gross!! Was not not worth $10

Bed was decently comfortable. The walls are so thin you can hear pretty much everyone elses vacation. Staff was nice enough.

There was a big roach in the bathroom. The clientelle was...sketchy. The pool was too cold to swim in.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I am a female traveling alone at night. I was given a room in the back of the motel. The key to the room did not work. There was a car with 2 men wearing hoodies in the back of the parking lot, just sitting there listening to rap music. I felt very uncomfortable. I went to the front office to discuss my concern of the key not working and the gentlemen loitering in the parking lot. The gentleman behind the desk got real cocky....what's the matter, you don't like people? We have people everywhere around here. I explained that is not the case, I'm in sales and deal with a variety of people. I asked to be moved closer to the front of the building. No deal. I asked for a refund, which I was given the paperwork to sign. I was told it will take 5-7 days for the refund to show on my card.

Fri night noisy with kids (?) running along hallway. Bar soap for shower very cheap and I got a reaction from it. My comments for quiet room when I booked were ignored. My room was in the middle next to the hall and stairs.

room clean, TV working, good shower, Sat night less noise

• King Room - Smoking

Tv did not work. It says they will make bed daily and change sheets every three days- they did not. The pool was out for maintence 3 days out of the 5 days we were there.

the location was close to where we needed to be.

• King Room - Smoking

Heater stopped in the middle of night and woke up cold. Had less than four hours before my next shift. Shower had no heat at 3am.

Low cost. Nice people staying there.

A lot of cigarette butts lying around the walkways and parking lots. The bed comforters had cigarette burn holes in them. That is pretty unacceptable except for an hourly rate motel.

You definitey get what you pay for. This is a bargain priced property and I wasn't expecting Disney resort cleanliness and amenities. It is what it is. I liked that our room was hardwood floor - type and not gross carpets.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The floor of the room was very dirty. Walking in stocking feet made my socks filthy after just a little while. Wore flip flops whenever in the room after that.

Excellent location near attractions. Very nice pool.

It was a non-smoking room but smelled like cigarettes and the walls were VERY thin and you could hear all the conversations in the surrounding rooms.

The room was really big and seemed recently remodeled.

Only 1 big towel ...1 hand towel... No extra soap or shampoo ...no cups in the room had to go to the office ...have been here 3 times now and this time was the least stocked

Locations and pricing

• King Room - Smoking

They only had one ice machine all the way by the office and when I wanted to go swimming at 9am before I had to check out the maintenance man told me that it would be a few hours because they had to clean the pool but the many times I went by the pool nobody was cleaning it. Also a Continental breakfast would have been nice not just coffee and hot water for tea.

The room was a nice size but the furniture could use an update and a microwave and refrigerator would have been a nice to have in the room.

people live here! saw one women talking to herself outside her room and was obviously on something. people were hanging around outside being noisy and the people upstairs were playing loud music in the middle of the night. this isnt a hotel for tourists. there was no hairdryer so i had to go to bed with wet hair. their was no fridge and no breakfast. the room smelled so bad it made me urge. wouldnt stay here again even at the low price i managed to get it at.

staff were nice and got the room at a great price.

There was no shampoo or conditioner provided, rooms were old but decent. There wasn't a comforter/ heavier blanket provided. Pool was fine but the grounds needed a bit of cleanup, probably a better lawn company.

This is a good no frills hotel directly across the street from Weeki Wachee. The staff was excellent, the rooms were clean and bug free and we were comfortable.

The room was old, dirty. Sink backed up and tub faucet would not stop dropping. Babies feet were filthy black after walking in the room for 5 minutes!

The price.

I don't like is no hair dryer which every one need after shower or wash our hair .I had to wait for almost 2 hours let my hair dry then went to bed at midnight .

Closed to my job and restaurant around this area

room should have a mini-fridge & microwave. but it doesn't. yet hotel charge the same pricing as hotels that do provide customers a fridge and microwave within the room.

Friendly staff. Clean facility.

AC unit worked great but heat function smelly. Not enough reachable electric outlets. Coffee horrible.

Bed very comfortable. I prefer the outside corridors for ease of loading. Pet friendly. Clean. Very quiet

The room was run down. It was dirty. The water in the bathroom sink drained very slow. There was no pressure in the shower for the water to come out, could barely rinse off. It was just a very old motel and it needs some redoing. TV was small, lighting was dim, towels looked like they were 20 years old. Stained very bad. Went next door to Dollar General and bought towels for my husband and I, was afraid to use there. No coffee pot in room, to fridge, no hair dryer.... come on people this is 2017...... motel needs to be updated. Would never stay again.

Receptionist at check in was very grumpy, rude & army style attitude, never had such an unfriendly check in in my life,

Right across Weeki Wachee State Park entrance, you could walk..., free parking, good wifi, free coffee, bar, pool, good TV

A few minor accommodations like small cofee machine, mini fridge or microwave. Those things would come back on the price though and I'd trade them for the value. Was not happy with the locks on the room, they were a bit dated.

The location was perfect, with in walking distance.

The staff was very friendly but even for a basic room, it lacked in areas mentioned above. The price was great but after the stay, we felt overpaid for what it was for the same reasons above. There was also an issue with a few younger males hanging around the stair well by the ice machine drinking beer that made my wife and daughter feel uncomfortable - the man at the front desk was kind enough to step out for them when they called him and let him know they felt uncomfortable and wanted to reach the vending machines - he assisted making them feel better - so like I said staff was great and friendly but it fell short in other ways.

The first night we arrived after midnight the floor had something sticky on one side of the bed - freaked my wife out but we threw a towel over it we were so tired and went to sleep, but when waking up I knew the room would be basic - but no coffee pot for mornings and no small fridge for cold drinks on hot day or nights - well those were missed items. One bed was ok the other you would roll to the center and sink it had a pothole so to speak - night two we switched to 2nd bed -that really bothered my wife because one of the pillows had something green on it like from someone's nose - we called the front desk he brought us another pillow. see next box 4 more

All of the experience

Only Coffee in Lobby, Tired facility including the room, bath, bed and bath linens, exterior appearance and lobby. Vinyl flooring, very minimal accessories, decorations or bath linen, no tissue.

Drug dealers live there in the rooms and prostitutes constantly coming and going, also people constantly roaming the parking lot scouting to break into cars. People constantly being loud with parties and trying to break into your room through the adjoining door while u sleep, I didn't feel safe there at all and I will never stay there again!

Only one staff member was friendly and helpful

The swimming pool was gross the titles around the top had not been scrub in months, and water was nasty. Toilet in room did not flush half the time. took for ever to check in was their at 1:00 then they said 3:00, and then about 4:30 we got room. Other than that ok. Thanks Eddy

The rooms were disgusting. Walls dirty, doors dirty, was afraid to eat and sleep here. Pool was gross. Domestic violence in the rooms next door. This is the closest motel to Weeki Wachi but save your sanity and get a hotel a few miles down the road.

• King Room - Smoking

Unfortunately we were not able to use the pool. It was lightning and rained one night and the next they were doing maintenance.

The bed was very comfortable and our room was clean.

It needs to be a little bit more taken care of. The air conditioner was not draining properly causing the water to leak on the floor and caused a musky smell inside the bedroom. Floor and bathroom were not cleaned properly.

the position

The room was crawling with roaches. We were given a different room but smaller than the room we paid for. We were told we were going to get a refund but we never did.

Unfortunately, this was the most terrible hotel experience of my life. Since I have stayed at plenty of hotels in my 49 years, this is saying a lot. The front desk was slow, rude and laughed at us when out luggage got soaked in a torrential downpour. The rooms were dirty to the point that we had to sweep and mop so my 1 year old grandson could walk on the ground. There were bedbugs in the bed and roaches in the tub. The pool could have been nice but the walls were covered in mold/mildew and dirt. The pretty fountain in the photos looks like a decrepit statue covered in mold. Other hotel guests were fighting and trying to "kill" each other, banging up on our door and window at two am. The hotel manager was rude and truly didn't care about our experience. If you read this re view, please be smart like my sisters and book at a different hotel. Youll be glad.

Unfortunately the best thing I can say is that it was easy to cancel the rest of our reservations after the one night. The photos of the beds did match the rooms, but only the outside of them.

This hotel needs upgrading and I think that this is already being done but it is desperately needed. Rooms should have coffee making facilities. It is very basic

The hotel staff were friendly.

Browse Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee traveller photo gallery