Reviews of Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

655 South Gulfview Boulevard, Clearwater Beach, FL 33767, United States of America

#50 of 62 hotels in Clearwater Beach

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Very Enjoyable!
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

It was a great hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable. The location was nice and the beach area was nice. Everything we wanted to see was within walking distance.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Has a private beach, and the pool was clean and nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Elevator are too small, and old. The rooms needs to be remodels. The carpets had bad smell, and the bathroom tube needs also to be change. Also has no parking and have to paid 20.00 per day to the hotel next to it, to use their parking.

Has a private beach, and the pool was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Great location(beach and pool) but the inside was just OK.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The valet only parking was a surprise. That’s the only option, and I did not like having to deal with it- every single time you went in and out. It’s $18. /night, then of course, a tip every time you left. So it added up for us to an insane amount of money to use. But we had no choice. Had I known ahead, I may have booked another hotel. Also, good luck with the front desk staff- I saw them there about 50% of the time. I actually called one morning, trying for about 15 minutes to reach someone with no luck.

The location was definitely good. The beach was great- super clean and beautiful. The pool was also very nice- with a small waterfall, which was a great bonus. The view from our balcony was fantastic!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Hotel and valet staff were very friendly.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

No free hotel parking, had to pay $18 a day for valet. Rooms and elevator were kind of narrow to fit luggage cart. Wasn't much stuff within walking distance for kids.

Hotel and valet staff were very friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Perfect Vacation!!!
    • King Room - Ground Floor - Mobility Accessible - Non-Smoking

I HOP restaurant seemed to be under staffed all the time and didn't serve some of menu items.

Fabulous hotel on a private sandy beach with lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels. Beach bar service and good food too (in addition to I HOP). Also has an outdoor pool. All of the staff were so helpful and friendly. Loved Keurig coffee/tea makers. Valet parking garage (no self parking). Extremely clean. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and Pier 50. Will definitely recommend to all our friends and will be back again!!!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Very pleasant staff made our stay a positive experience
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

403 had an unpainted patch in bathroom and loose corner trim near beds. Floor lamp wobbling and took up too much space. Too much smoking, vapor and cigarettes, at pool accompanied with foul language.

Staff was professional and friendly!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Very much enjoyed our stay, a great casual place to bring kids.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Comfortable place, great location, pool and beach felt like a private club, liked that, the beach bar seemed a little understaffed, and didn't know how to make several typical, tropical beverages, but great that we could get ' bar food' without leaving the beach. In all we had a great vacation there and would return to the same place.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Location to the beach was fantastic!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms could use a good update and I wasn't aware there was only valet parking for an extra charge until I pulled in.

Location to the beach was fantastic!

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Beautiful smaller beach at back of property.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Beautiful smaller beach at back of property. Short walk to main stunning Clearwater beach. Great location ihop on site. Well stocked shopping centre across road and restaurants nearby. Parking also in hotel

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

The beach was awful it’s was small and had crowded and I had...
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The beach was awful it’s was small and had crowded and I had to walk a mile to get to the beach that I could actually see the sunset. It’s a mile from pier 60 and that’s way to crowded for my taste

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Quality Time at The Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

It was a bit old and tired but considering the location.. still good value. I met people who had been going there every year for nearly 20? years..and they always rebook on check out!! If you are expecting The Hilton.. don’t go.

Near the water.. small hotel.. friendly staff and guests.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Great vacation spot.
    • King Room - Ground Floor - Mobility Accessible - Non-Smoking

The rooms need to be upgraded and the TVs are very poor reception.

The location beach front room nightly entertainment Tiki Bar and the beach, the service at the tiki bar and Beach or fabulous.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Loved our stay, very relaxing and beautiful view of inlet.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Parking fee a little to high .

Great restaurant on site, Tiki bar, pool,and beach.Room had beautiful view, very comfortable bed. Staff very friendly- especially room attendants.Loved having coffee in lobby. Very convenient to everything.Great location. This hotel has really everything you need for a relaxing vacation.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Everything, the staff was excellent, even when we got locked out on the balcony. The staff came and let us back in and fixed the door. We laughed about it all the way home. I would recommend your property to all and I have. Your front desk lady was excellent. A +++++to all.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

i willL be back...yes.

the attentions

Excelent.... Brenda service and of all other personal was over my expectations....and i will recommend the quality hotel as the best option if anyone going to clearwater because worth the money an i will returned....i really enjoy my vacations....att.carlos torres

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

I won’t be staying here in the future.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

We couldn’t check in on time because the systems were down. The hotel itself was filthy. The area outside our balcony was cluttered and full of dirt and cigarette butts. When asking for toilet paper for the room we were questioned and the staff was very hesitant to give us a roll. The parking fees were not made clear during booking or even after in our confirmation emails. So that was a surprise to us at check in.

The beds were comfortable and clean. The pool was amazing.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Hotel made me feel like I was at home and thinking of things I needed to fix, not on a carefree vaca
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at this hotel several other times, this time was different. Bathroom tp roll falling out of wall, loose floor tiles, shower faucet loose with molding hanging out. I was very disappointed. Front desk staff not very friendly, with exception of the overnight desk staff, she was very nice.

Location is great!

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Quality Hotel is a great spot! Fun atmosphere, clean rooms, but need cheaper parking options.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The only thing we truly disliked was $20 parking per day and only valet parking. $20 seems a bit excessive, and on top of that, one feels obligated to tip the Valets. It all adds up quite a bit once all is said and done. I would highly recommend altering the parking prices. I wouldn’t say we disliked the rooms, but they are a bit dated. So, if luxury or style is what you are looking for this may not be for you but, it was not important to us. They keep the rooms exceptionally clean which is the most important I think for any traveler!

This is the second time my boyfriend and I have stayed at the Quality Hotel and have enjoyed it each time! The selling point for us was definitely the atmosphere! We loved the live music and the bar Tropix by the pool. We also thoroughly enjoyed the easy beach access. A great spot for the most part!

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Nice view but rude staff and crappy attitudes.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

I asked for early check in ahead of time but was told that it was not guaranteed. The first time I went around 1:00, I was told it wasn’t ready, ok so I came back about 3:45, (normal check in time is 3 PM), my room still was not ready. I read online that the facility would be available for us to use, but this was never mentioned by staff. In fact my 11 year old needed to use the bathroom and they didn’t even have facilities for her to use. Needless to say I was getting fairly agitated. Well I checked back around 4:20, still my room was not ready. Finally at 5:15 I was able to get my room, and the staff at the front desk didn’t even apologize, it was like “oh well”. I’m not sure what took them so long because my room didn’t look that clean, a vacuum would’ve came in handy. Also the following day the toilet in my room was backed up. At 11:00 AM I notified hotel staff and it was after 5 before anyone came up to take care of that problem. I did fill out a comment card with my name asking to be contacted about these issues, but I’ve yet to hear from anyone. It’s as if the staff could care less about problems affecting my stay. I doubt I stay at this hotel again.

The partial ocean view was absolutely beautiful. I’ve stayed there 3-4 times before so I knew what to expect. The pool was nice and clean, my girls really enjoyed it, and the music out by the pool was also good, someone different each day.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Except for the hotel everything was awesome
    • King Room - Ground Floor - Mobility Accessible - Non-Smoking

The staff was very slow at everything I asked for a extra bed with my Booking and they couldn’t find it on my reservation but I looked it up and showed them they said they were sorry . The elevators were small and you had to wait for it every time 5-10 mins. The rooms were dated.

The location and valet parking were very nice

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Great place for a family, location is ideal!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Loud music at night from neighboring hotel until around 11 at night. Pool has no lighting at night.

Best value on the beach! Bed super comfy, room very clean. Went with family for weekend vacation. Private balcony an extra bonus.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Comfy bed good location on small private beach shard with...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Noisy air con / thumping music from the Tropix bar, maybe I am getting old and that's what folks like on the beach! give them their due the beer is good and it stops at 11.00pm resulting in a good nights sleep.

Comfy bed good location on small private beach shard with adjacent hotel, good access to everything within a short walk of the hotel. Shops dead opposite cater for all your needs. IHOP breakfast onsite meets the needs with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Great location, unfriendly staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

The staff were not friendly. Only the head of the cleaning department. He was very helpful. No breakfast options other than IHOP. Inside hotel but no discounts at hotel.

The property is in a perfect location. Right on the beach and close to all restraunts and bars. Heated pool!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Overall it was fine.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

If you stay less than a week, then you have to pay for valet parking at $18 a day, which is a lot. The pillows on the bed were not the best - but you had four of them at least. Overall the hotel and rooms are in need of complete renovations to update them... but you can't beat the location. We had a room overlooking the small road between the two hotels, and the noise did carry up unfortunately. I put the fan on in the room to help with this.

The view was great and the staff were amazing!!! Location was amazing and easy to get to restaurants and shops along the strip. Rooms were cleaned each day. Good sized fridge and microwave in the room

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

We had a wonderful stay and perfect weather, fun things to do in the area.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

The Bathroom needs to be updated. Light fixture was hanging down, however the Hotel Maintanence was right on it and fixed it within 1/2 hours time. Lampshade near bed was broken and lopsided. Update Carpet

Location was awesome, Valet parking was a plesant surprise. Tiki Bar was right there overlooking the beach area. Pool was nice. Small I-Hop was on front of Hotel. Stores & Resturaunts nearby!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Nice stay in nice location, but noisy area. No extra frills of any kind. Nothing romantic.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

We were expecting more than a typical hotel room for the price. No other amenities included (i.e. breakfast, workout room, convience shop, etc) but we soon realized the price per night was for the area and location. Live music on property was nice and stopped around 10:30, but other music by the hotel, next door and down beach, was way too loud and on weekend nights played well after midnight. Bathroom drain plug did not work and didn’t cause an issue for us, but families with small children may want to give them a bath with water staying in tub. Caulking around tub needs redone because of some black mold. Furniture beat up some, but usable. One elevator for this property seemed ok - most of the time. Didn’t like to be surprised about the extra $18 plus tax for parking. Should be stated on website. Parking lot attendants were great!! They need many kudos sent their way!! Nothing romantic at this property.

Location for partial ocean view and sunsets. Shout out to parking lot staff! They were wondetful’

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Not impressed!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

We did not have housekeeping service for 3 days. We kept going to the front desk to get coffee and towels. The day before we were leaving they came to the room at 4:10 to provide us with service. There was a repairman's cart in the hallway for 3 days. I was not impressed at all with this hotel.

The location.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Location, price and the outside amenities make this place worth dealing with housekeeping issues.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

I arrived around noon and was told I couldn’t check in early, which was fine. At 3:00, which is check in, I was told the room wasn’t clean yet. I went back at 3:45 and they said it was being cleaned then. After being up since 4:00AM, we just wanted to get into our room and freshen up/ rest a bit. The room didn’t get cleaned the other days until 4:00 or so everyday, even then, all they did was replaced the towels and made the bed. Luckily we aren’t messy people, so the room stayed pretty clean on its own, but you could tell they didn’t vacuum the room the whole time during our stay. The lady at the front desk with the glasses and dark hair is rude and shouldn’t be in customer service.

The room was comfortable, with a microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer and fridge. I felt safe (it was myself and my child), it’s located perfectly along the strip to be able to walk everywhere and the beach at the hotel is clean with comfortable lounge chairs.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Overall, I really like this place. A few bumps in the road, but I'm willing to try it again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The staff is lack-luster. Either housecleaning is extremely slow or they are understaffed. Rooms (there were two rooms in our party) were not cleaned until after four-thirty 5 out of the 7 days. Twice they failed to restock toiletries and coffee/cups. Eventually got in touch with Dennis the General Manager and was able to vent my frustrations. He was very apologetic. Unfortunately, it was our last day so no way of telling if things would have improved. One other thing. The front desk is your first contact with the staff. It really wouldn't hurt the dark haired lady working day shift there to smile and be pleasant once in a while.

This place is right on the beach. The pool was clean with plenty of lounges and umbrellas. There was a tiki bar right there for drinks and bar food. The rooms were clean and large. Within walking distance to great restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

DO NOT STAY HERE!
    • King Room with Balcony and City View - Non-Smoking

The valet parking is a DISASTER! Staff were rude and disinterested. Pool bar was too expensive. Bedroom was not properly cleaned.

The location was the only part of the hotel that we liked.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

It was adequate
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The beach view wasn't as good as expected. It's an older hotel so not as nice as some.

Liked the location on the beach. Have stayed there before so knew what to expect.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Overall had a great time
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

I felt it could of been a little bit more clean. Would of also liked more outside entertainment.

Staff was very friendly, and went the extra mile to get whatever we needed in a timely manner

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Very nice and would definitely come back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the idea of paying for beach chairs.

The bed was super comfortable!! The tv quit and they replaced it with a brand new one. The maintenance man was super nice.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Tiki bar.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

That you didn't have free parking. That I had 2 holds on my credit card prior to checkout,

Tiki bar. IHOP was attached. Staff was helpful when there was a boiler problem.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

A great winter getaway!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Loved the singers by the poolside on Sunday afternoon! And it was great to have lounge chairs on the beach when the pool area got too crowded. Heat in the room was helpful when the weather turned cold.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

the beach was really nice
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

too much noise at night; we were in room 201 and the partial view was quite a stretch and the noise form the parking garage kept me up at night

the beach was really nice

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

The staff, location, coffee
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Didn't like valet parking. Was NOT told by booking.com and then I asked if it was $18.00 once or perday, and they lied and said it was one time per stay!!!

The staff, location, coffee

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Ok.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Even though we had been told parking was free if you are staying in the hotel, when we got there we were told it was $25 per day, we also couldn’t park are own car you have to use valet and obviously tip them. The hotel itself is very run down, there is a constant damp smell, mold covers most of the ceiling. We were given a trolley for our suitcases but nobody helped us get it up to our room, and it was very hard to navigate it around the corridors and into the tiny lift. We were only here 2 nights and it was our most exspensive hotel, so we were expecting good quality. Unfortunately it was not.

The private beach at the back of the hotel was very lovely and scenic.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Hotel was older, but clean. Conveniently located for the price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Since the hotel does not own the beach, there was a rental charge for chairs and lounges - $20 for the day even though I didn't get there until 3 p.m. It was loud during the night....traffic.

Hotel was o.k. Close to trolley pick up.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Over all it was ok. I love the beach so that was what made the trip great
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Was not happy with your parking attendance. Two of them got into a huge fight in front of everyone. It was very unprofessional. Took them 20 minutes to get the car. We pay a lot for parking and I could have just got the car myself and not had to deal with all of that. The view to the room was not what was advertised. You pay extra for a great view and end up in the corner where you can see just enough to get away with saying its a ocean view. Also the loud music until 10:30 at night was not what I call a relaxing night.

loved the convenience of the beach and the privacy.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Honestly our favorite part was dealing with the valet they...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Honestly our favorite part was dealing with the valet they were beyond amazing and helped us out so many times even when we were in a hurry. They had suggestions for every place that we wanted to go and their suggestions were top notch. The hotel stuff was also kind And helpful but because of their ability to run a hotel properly we barely even needed to speak with them which is what you want when you’re on a romantic vacation alone. We had no trouble getting an extra hour in our room for late check out and just overall very pleased and will return

• Reviewed: October 28, 2017

Excellent Experience!!!
    • King Room with Balcony and City View - Non-Smoking

Receptionists strive to help in everything. clean room, airy, comfortable bed, sheets and towels of good quality. good and well prepared. excellent location for both beach and food support nearby. Would go back forever !!!

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

The parking is valet only, I chose to park my own car due to...
    • King Room with Balcony and City View - Non-Smoking

The parking is valet only, I chose to park my own car due to the fact that it was an antique and the valet gentleman didn't understand it at first. I had to explain myself until they finally realized that I wouldn't allow anyone else to drive my vehicle.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Our room and view.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

That is was really busy during check in time and they only had 1person checking people in for awhile. Then after waiting for 30min in line someone finally came out and helped the poor kid Dylan.

Our room and view. When we got there we were a little early and our room wasn't ready. But they let us hang out near the pool etc while we waited. We even got 4 drink vouchers for our room still not being ready by 3PM (it wasn't ready til 3:40PM)

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Was just ok
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

The advertisement said that every room had a balcony we wound up on the first floor in a handicapped room with a concrete slab that wasn't cleaned up from the people before us.. $18 a day to park where it doesn't say that anywhere that I can remember and it's valet so every time you want to go somewhere you have to wait for somebody to get your car the amount of money they charged the room should have been a lot of nicer

The beach and pool area and the bar was nice. There was nice music playing

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

The hotel does not do breakfast ,but there is a Hi Hop on...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Could have been a bit cleaner , also if it wasn't so outdated it really could have been a nice hotel

The hotel does not do breakfast ,but there is a Hi Hop on site .The hotel is dated and we probably wouldn't have stayed here if it wasn't for the beach location.Also to hire any chairs etc on the beach it was in my opinion very expensive

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Family vacation was awesome! Looking forward to going back next year!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

I have nothing negative to say.

Our family really enjoyed our stay. Having the pool and beach right on site was such a bonus with our small kids. If they needed something from the room or we wanted to go grab a juice box we didn't have to walk across the street. It was nice not to have to lug a cooler around! Also for kids safety I was glad we were not always crossing the main road to get to the Gulf. I will absolutely come back. In the evening the ability to walk along the beach and make friends with a bunch of people at the different resorts was cool, the night life was fun and we got to hear live music on site, talented musicians. You can also see how the stafff from all the close hotels get along. Clean beach, very clean hotel and very friendly staff. The pool was a great size. The kids loved that they were allowed to use their floating devices!

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Incredible value for paradise
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

18.00 dollar daily charge for mandatory valet parking. Everything else I loved.

Beds and pillows very comfortable. Pool and beach and bar were fantastic. Loved having IHOP on property. Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Do not recommend and will not stay here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Water in room was smelly. Had a dirty stinch odor to it. Room had a constant mildew smell in it. I had to purchase air freshener from Walmart. I would expect nicer accommodations for the price that I paid.

Hotel was located near any activities that we wanted.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Pillow was like a cloud.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

It look like everything was crunch up in a way, maybe because they were remodeling the Ihop restaurant in the front. I didn't really like the elevator cause it was kinda small can't really use the cart.

Pillow was like a cloud. I would love to know what kind of pillow that was. It was the perfect pillow with the bed. I slept like a baby.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

Don't stay at hotel. Stay at Opal sands or other .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Almost all the photos of property online were of another hotel and seemed intentionally done to hide how small and inferior the hotel was to the others next to . definitely a 2 or 3 star hotel and Very misleading by the photos. Beach was small.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Would stay again but on a higher floor.
    • King Room with Balcony and City View - Non-Smoking

Rooms 116 & 112. Ground floor near the pool & elevator. No carpeting so voices echoed. And constant music in the hallway.

Excellent staff. Very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Our stay at quality on the beach.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

The hotel was dated. Our room did not get cleaned unless we awoke by 9 and did not have the do not disturb sign on our door. Bathroom counter space was small. There were nicer hotels down the strip for lesser that were nicer. Dennis the manager not so nice.

The staff was friendly. The valet parking staff were awesome.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2017

No communication amongst staff!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Had a terrible time with Check in, was told 1hr before arriving that our reservation wasn't being held after we'd double & triple checked 2 and 3 days in advance. Told them we were bringing cash and no debit card and they said no problem but upon check in said we had to have a debit card or we couldn't check in. After wasting 2-3 hours of our trip trying get it figured out and the kids having to stay in the car in valet for 1hr because that's the only place to park while checking in, we finally were able to check in. Wasted an entire crucial part of the day due to there mistake and not offered anything but free parking (which others we found out received also). Couple we were traveling with checked in, were upgraded to a suite and given the same free parking we were so that was no perk. View was horrible, we got to look at the parking lot next to us. Better communication between staff would've made our stay much easier after driving 20 hours to stay here. Again, an entire day was wasted from my kids due to this lack of communication.

Beds were comfortable, room was clean and roomy. Housekeeping was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2017

Close to All of the Action

Bathroom especially needs an update. It was perfectly adequate, but tub was higher than the floor, and stepping out and down was hazardous. Sink was very high, especially for short people.

Room was clean, towels were plentiful, pool and beach were right outside the door. I asked for "water view" and that's what I got. The view was beautiful. Parking is valet only, but it was not a long wait to get the car. The parking staff were very friendly, and always greeted us pleasantly.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Room was advertised as a partial ocean view; however, there was a big palm tree right outside of our balcony. I did complain to the desk and since they couldn't move us until Sunday, I choose to have my parking for free. Manager was very helpful. We also had to shorten our trip to 4 nights because of the storm in the Northeast.

Great facilities and a central location to shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2017

Very Nice Overall...few "bad taste" issues
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

(1) The $18 per day parking fee was not mentioned on the web site...and not mentioned when I made reservations. They wanted me to pay but when I complained, they agreed not to charge that, but it left a bad taste. (2) I needed a little extra time to check out so called down to the desk and requested...the answer was a flat "no"...Didn't ask how long...30 minutes? 3 hours? Just said "no". Bad taste (3) The all-day canned music is not my preference, and I would try to move down the beach to get away...I would like to sit on the balcony without the music...although some of the live performers were quite enjoyable (4) the price of the cabanas and lounges is way too high. Bad taste.

The "partial view" was better than I expected. Very nice. The beach is cleaner and better than I expected. Great beach for kids...gradual slope and smooth.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Nice inside poor outside. Misleading
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

I was extremely disappointed that the beach was under construction so the view was blocked. I mentioned this to front desk and they directed me to booking.com. I complained about the price as I was misled. No discount offered. Also I thought there was free breakfast there was not. I recall cabanas for $20 there was not. I would like a refund as 249 per night for a blighted view is bad business.

The room was nice. Halls dull. Music at The pool was great

• Reviewed: February 11, 2017

Valet no show
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Valet service lousy. When checking out they could not find the valet. We had to leave our key with the valet due to an emergency and use our extra key. They said they would mail our key to use as it is a special key costing $200 to replace. As of date we have not received the key. Called and got someone who nothing about the key... another one said it had been mailed. If mailed we have not received it and I am very unhappy about the situation as like I said. It's a $200 key.

I liked being close to Sand Key.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2017

Ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the fact they had contraction going on right outside the balcony of the room I was staying got woken up the 2 nights I was there with banging construction noise at 7am.. I was looking to rest that did not happen..

Everything was great... people beach etc..

• Reviewed: December 8, 2016

very nice, would stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

i wish the hotel didn't charge for the beach chairs an umbrellas on their beach. I thought it should be complimentary. that's all

great location. very convenient to walk to shops and restaurants. nice little beach.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2016

Nice first time trip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Put more coffee in the rooms, maybe a coffee pot. The single coffee makers are ok but only two cups of coffee in my room. Parking should be provided to guest at no charge.

The cable tv, fridge, microwave, and balcony. Beautiful view.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2016

Very helpful staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Staff so helpful. We arrived early and they made the room available. Also they had plenty of local knowledge of restaurants etc... Valet parking, yippee!

• Reviewed: November 14, 2016

Not the best hotel on the strip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Did not like that parking was $15 a day and beach chairs were $10 a day. This was not in the discription when I booked the hotel. For the price you didn't get anything. The hotel is older with not much to offer

Location of Good

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Awesome staff! Great Location! Shells Galore!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

I felt the additional daily costs of the parking garage needs to be made more clear! I thought the fees per day were for additional guests or more than one vehicle so I was caught off guard with that additional cost. I felt I was already paying top dollar during a very off season in an older facility to have to pay that much more per day. I may have considered staying elsewhere. I was also unprepared with cash for constant tips every time I needed to get something from my car or to go somewhere and come back. I also feel like the hotel should offer more products for the guests to purchase. I had to go to the market across the street for fresh juice and fruits and it was very over priced and some of the items were expired. I did not like that at any given time there was only one person at the customer service desk. At check in, I had to wait more than 15 minutes for the only associate to get off the phone taking reservations for a future guest as well as calls from rooms. The next morning between 10-11 am, I needed to check on some things before heading to the beach/pool area and I waited again for over 15 minutes while one person had to check in a very early arrival then try to get housekeeping to get the room ready for them.

The staff was very friendly!!! Although the facility is older, it appears well maintained. The convenience to the beach, Sand Key Park, shopping, sightseeing, Clearwater Marine & Aquarium and restaurants was awesome!!!! I was able to walk to nearly everything!!! The parking garage was a good security feature. I was there 6 days and only got my car 3x! The valet staff was awesome and always willing to do anything I needed. I did not eat at the Tiki Bar or IHOP but they were both always hopping with customers. Sand Key Park is a must see! The beach is stunning and its only $5 for all day! Take cash though for the automated parking machines. If you are a fan of seashells the hotels beach had shells such as pictured. They are available by bucketfuls! Sand Key has medium sized shells and they are everywhere!!!

• Reviewed: October 25, 2016

Myself and my brothers bachelor party of 8 guys had a great...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Myself and my brothers bachelor party of 8 guys had a great experience of two nights, and one day. The bar, pool, and the beach access were great, and the view of the beach of our partial view rooms was great. I would stay there again in a heartbeat !

• Reviewed: October 15, 2016

Nice hotel but dated
    • King Room with Balcony and City View - Non-Smoking

A/C in room was marginal and hallway (on first floor) was noisy. To use a lounge chair and umbrella on the "private" beach cost $20 +tax. It would seem for the price of the rooms, this should be included.

Location is a plus as well as adjacent IHOP. Clean rooms, great staff, nice pool area and convenient beach. Valet parking was easy to use and valet staff was very professional.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2016

perfect for small family, locationgreat!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Not much, maybe thicker towels.

It was just the relaxing atmosphere we like,the best. We were worried about being close th the bridge but never heard any traffic noise. Great hotel for family because of amenities in the room. Not to big so getting around was great.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2016

Great location and friendly, helpful staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

AC unit in the room had trouble keeping the room comfortably cool.

Large room with a nice view of the water, even though advertised as only partial view. Comfortable beds. Staff was friendly, courteous and professional and anxious to help.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2016

The staff was very polite and helpful.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The staff was very polite and helpful. One of our family is in a wheelchair. It was easy to get around with a wheelchair. There was even a lift for the pool to get in and out which was awesome.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Horrific!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

The fact of only being able to valet park was not what the website said. It was said the parking was plentiful. Also you facility had bed bugs and we were bitten horribly. The restaurants service was horrible with the waitress not getting our drinks but in the back doing inventory. In all I was very dissatisfied.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Pool area with view was nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Old sheets wasn't changed in bed :( Valet entrance & construction next door sucks. Tiki bar service was bad

Pool area with view was nice. Front desk young lady was helpful versus old lady with gray hair being unhelpful (SENDIING US TO ANOTHER HOTEL) in printing out our boarding pass

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Well I have never experienced such a small Lioby. And parking was not available unless you paid for it

I liked that it was right by the beach. And close for walking ariund

• Reviewed: September 1, 2016

Private Walk straight out into the beach.
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

I was on the first floor so I heard too much of the bar patrons, and the pool and the laundry room was on that floor so I heard the staff going back-and-forth will never pick a first floor again.

Private Walk straight out into the beach.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

Good location, friendly staff, good beachside activities
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable at all and slanted from left to right. I did alert the manager to this and he very kindly refunded part of our room rate. But I'd happily pay the full rate for a good sleep!

Loved beachside location.