Reviews of Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport 3 stars

45 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Essington

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Enjoyed my stay here

There was nothing that I didn't like. Hotel is a bit dated, but everything was clean. I had to pay an extra $25 to have a microwave in my room which for the cost of the room this should have been included

The room was big and spacious, bed was comfortable. Shower had great water pressure just had to be careful of hot water. Staff at the desk were very friendly check in and out were a breeze. Would definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The staff was nice.

It was hair from previous customers in the drain of the tub so the water would not go down the drain, so my husband had to stand in dirty water while he washed until I checked to see what could be happening and it was a glop of hair.

The staff was nice.

Wyndham Gardens airport horrible
    • King Room - Disability Access

Didn't like the fact did not open the pool. Stating the weather was bad. The was hotel experience every. I want refund on some of the monies I spent

Nothing, the staff was rude, my room had stains on my bedding, the was no tp paper in the bathroom when I checked in

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The rooms were spacious and comfy.

The pool was very dirty and also the woman who checked me did not charge my card properly as she was instructed. Overall an ok stay.

The rooms were spacious and comfy.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Wish the pool was cleaner

The pool was so dirty, and I had just stayed the week prior and it seemed like the same dirt was there with more added. Like no one ever comes out to clean it. It was kind of a downer considering that was my intentions to go swimming.

The rooms were very comfortable. The stuff were pretty nice as well.

The manager on duty Jacqueline was very professional and...

The first room I was given was dirty from the carpets to the bedroom. The clerk apologized and I was given a second room. This room was cleaner however the room had a alarming musky smell to it and a/c was not working well.

The manager on duty Jacqueline was very professional and accommodating. I can't thank her enough of how she handled a upsetting situation with concern and professionalism!!

I will stay somewhere else next time I'm in PHL area.

This hotel doesn't even provide free coffee which is almost a given at any hotel you stay at. People that work at the front desk not that friendly or outgoing.

I would only stay here again if there was no other place to stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The evening staff when we arrived seemed to be upset and have bad attitudes. Even when asking a simple question about the pool hours the response was very rude.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets were cool.

I was pleased with EVERYTHING the staff from the shuttle...

I spokewith the manager she mentions to change the pool time extend to 9 OR 10 because it looks beautyful at nite with themights on

I was pleased with EVERYTHING the staff from the shuttle driver and the front desk they all was very nice I enjoyed my stay the room the bed was all that and more sheets,fresh bed comfy room so right perfect for a,weekend getaway close to many other facility such airport Denny and etc..

Disappointing.

Did not meet our expectations for a Wyndham. Hard bed, no towel bars or hooks in bathroom, common areas need updating, the safe and toilet seat in our room were broken. The first room they gave us had a barely functioning air conditioner. Looks like the maintenance staff needs to step up their game.

Room was very clean.

The room was clean and well maintained.

Didn't like that was not enough choices of restuarant with out going back into heavy traffic.

The room was clean and well maintained. Loved that shower had hot water all the time and had good was pressure. Also was great having a movie channel like Showtime. If we was every to use airport would definitely stay there.

We enjoyed the pool and it was just great being away from...
    • Quadruple Room

I didn't like that the ad on booking.com they ran for this specific hotel was not at all as described I thought I was booking a room with a garden view and that the facility had a garden to walk through but in fact it was nothing as described it was nothing like that it had zero garden and my room of course had zero garden view so I was not happy about that and the housekeeping was poor I finally had to ask on my fourth day to have our sheets changed and the bathroom wasn't cleaned as it should be the Bathtub was not cleaned the entire stay for the price I thought it wasn't up to par

We enjoyed the pool and it was just great being away from home and spending time together as a family it was also pretty low key

The air conditioning was broken in our room and it was in...

The air conditioning was broken in our room and it was in the upper 90’s the day we stayed, so the room felt like a sauna!! We didn’t get any sleep and the hotel didn’t offer any discount or such after we brought it to their attention!!

Try to avoid this smelly place staffed with grumpy people. So not worth it!

Except for the shuttle drivers who were excellent, the staff were grumpy and unhelpful. The whole place was humid and smelled like dirty socks. A maid knocked on our door at 8am! Since we were coming from the west coast this was 5am for us. We couldn't get back to sleep so were exhausted on our next flight even though we'd given ourselves time to sleep in. I travel frequently and this was the worst hotel experience I've had in a long time

Proximity to the airport

Terrible customer service
    • King Room - Disability Access

Customer service help was terrible. Price was outrageous. I feel they took advantage of the situation of a conference being in town. And hiked the prices up.

Location to airport. I was stranded at the airport for the night.

I won't be back
    • Quadruple Room

I stayed here for $170 and the ice machines on the first and 5th floor weren't working so I went down to get a soda but the soda machine didn't work either. I asked the front desk about the ice and soda machines, her response was there are ice machines on every floor. I work in customer service and I definitely would have made the effort to know which machines were working so I could pass that on to my customers instead of expecting them to search every floor until they found one.

It was clean

I only thing I enjoyed was the pool.
    • Quadruple Room

I didn’t like that the curtains was broken and the room kept getting hot and the bathroom had someone’s hair on the floor and in the shower

I only thing I enjoyed was the pool.

Great location, old rooms and not the best service

The building and rooms are really old, the carpet is old and many of the room facilities look over 30 yrs old. The service was not really good, on check out, they could not provide me with my invoice and said they would email it but never got the invoice. The staff from the shuttle are super friendly but the reception was different. The place really needs an upgrade in order to keep the stame stars.

The location is really good if you have to travel to the airport and the shuttle service was really friendly.

Needed a place to sleep near the airport and this met our needs.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Front desk staff was a little abrupt. So many things were out of order and needed maintenance, but our room was fully functional

Shuttle driver James was so helpful!

Good place to stay. Just a little pricey.

The hallways had a small. And the price of the room. Wasn't the price quoted. It was a different price on my receipt.

The room was very clean and staff was very friendly.

Room was very spacious and well equipped.

Room was very spacious and well equipped. Bed was very comfortable. Perfect for over-nighting while passing through Philly airport at a reasonable price.

Will definitely stay here again.

Our check in clerk was a little rude. But the rest of the people were quite nice. Nice guests too!

Lovely motel. Plan to stay whenever we have an early AM flight. The shuttle drivers were the most gracious and professional I've ever met! Many pilots and airline attendants stay here too. That's good advertising.

Overall I loved my stay
    • King Room - Disability Access

I didn’t like the fact that you have to pay to use the microwave when your only heating your food up for about 30secs.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff made feel very welcomed.

Very pleased overall. Would stay again if stuck in Philly.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Little irritated with shuttle driver leaving me at checkout counter at scheduled time. Counter staff was upset with him also.

Friendly staff, even when overloaded with many cancelled flights.

Stuck in PHL?

Dreary. Bathroom dirty.

Glad to have a hotel available near the airport when flight was cancelled. Staff was friendly and tried to make us welcome. Price was outrageous for type of hotel. This is not the type where I stay normally.

The property was clean and the bed was very comfortable!

My only regret would be that I didn't stay longer!!!

The property was clean and the bed was very comfortable!! Room service was also available for a surprisingly reasonable price!!!

My check in Front desk attendant by the name of Carole had...

My check in Front desk attendant by the name of Carole had we waiting to check while she waited on a guest that was two guest behind me stated he was a priority ...When if fact he had just stayed there before n she knew guest .. So that

The location is very good. I enjoyed the bed. I probably would stay again just forthecomfort of the.

The lobby is too far from the elevators.

There was no breakfast I felt that they should have given free breakfast for the cost. The bed was very comfortable.

The room was good and the bed was comfortable.

The website stated that there was a "grab and go" cafe. That was not the case and I was not prepared for my meeting because I did not have time to go to another place to grab stuff for the morning. The food in the restaurant was overly priced which is where I finally found some coffee but $3 for a small one. Should recheck your amenities and adjust!!

The room was good and the bed was comfortable.

A very convient way to travel out of PHL

The snow and ice (but that wasn't their fault)

Very comfortable to sleep there. Staff was very helpful making arrangements for our travel to the airport.

Okay stay

The common areas need updating. The restaurant onsite should be open later to accommodate guests.

The room was nice, clean and quiet. It appeared updated and modern.

Good because is near the airport, but wouldn't return

Reception staff was rude, there was no smile, no welcome,and they didn't seen like they wanted to help at all. There was a 50 dollars extra charge on my card, but they didn't told me anything, I had to ask the next day about this charge on my credit card. They give you back the money on check out, but anyway, it would be good to be advised. It's good because of the shuttle, but the driver that pick me up from the airport to the hotel was really rude as well.

The room was really clean and confortable, I stayed on the ground floor and I have nothing to complain. The staff from the restaurant was nice , and so were the food, that it was the best part of the hotel.

Clean and nice
    • King Room - Disability Access

I was quoted through booking.com for 113 and night and was charged $50 more now I have to wait several days to be refunded the $50 extra that they charged and claim that it was to cover incidentals but there were none

Clean and nice

Just okay place to stay but price was good

Heater broken, facilities a little old, elevator only 2/3 working, ice machine broken, check in took 45 min due to heavy bookings and airline personnel getting their own check in desk

Location was good and staff was very helpful

Good

The sofar bed was like laying on a bag of Bones!! My husband and I had to add a comforter and another blanket and pillows to make it bearable to sleep in for our two kids.

The king bed was okay, a little too firm for my taste but it was bearable, bathroom was nice. The overall look of the room was good

The hotel tried to cancel my booking because it wasn’t...

The hotel tried to cancel my booking because it wasn’t secured with a credit card before my arrival. Booking.com doesn’t require this! Not fair to customers using this website.

It was fine if you need to get to the airport.

It took the registration staff/ manager almost 30 Min to find any record of our reservation, even tho I had the confirmation # etc etc. I will with a frail and elderly gentleman who was completely unnerved by this.

Business meeting

Needs updating, not a very good restaurant, but really nice wait staff

It was convenient to the airport, and had a shuttle to and from airport. Friendly staff.

Quick, comfortable , clean and easy for my overnight stay just for rest and location to PHL w/ shutt

Male Asian bartender could not speak English nor understand a simple drink of rum/coke. Female bartender OK but lacked customer service.

Front desk check in was great customer service, and the airport shuttle driver was great and funny on way to airport.

Good hotel. Staff needs to smile more.
    • Standard King Room

The staff didn't have our reservation on file. I showed them a copy I received from your email and it still didn't help? We traveled with friends and had the morning to wait before our flight in the afternoon. The restaurant was closed so we thought a table 4 four would be a good place to sit for and hour and play cards. A Chinese lady ran us out saying it was a private area not run by the hotel. Note: they weren't open for breakfast or lunch. So we could not buy anything anyway. There were only 6 or 7 places in the lobby to sit. Very small for this size hotel.

The shuttle to the airport was great. Room was fine.

Due to the rudeness of the restaurant personnel, we would never consider returning to this facility
    • Standard King Room

Upon arrival staff was very short and preoccupied. Were told that our paperwork was insufficient even though we had booking numbers, date, cost and a printout for the reservation. Apparently the reservation wasn't received by the hotel which seemed to frustrate the staff. Restaurant personnel were VERY rude. While waiting for the shuttle we were looking for a place to play cards and no other area was available except the lobby. However we were told we could not move the one coffee table to make that possible. Was told all conference rooms were unavailable. We noticed only 3 cars in the parking lot and saw no other guests in the hotel up until we left on the shuffle. However, upon leaving the morning staff on 10/3 did apologize and seemed to be sympathetic with our experience. She indicated she would report the restaurant experience to her manager.

Great desk staff, crooks in the restaurant.
    • King Room - Disability Access

I was upset that the hotel server automatically put a 40% tip on my bill. When I asked her about the amount, she said it was the service charge. I told her I was a 20% tipper, and then she removed half of it. I felt like she had a scam going, and was probably doing that to everyone, hoping they would not catch it. (Maybe since it was the airport, she'd snare a few unsuspecting people from countries that are not customary tippers. I hate to think a crook like that would set the tone for what to expect from Americans!) That person should not be working there. Just wrong,

The front desk staff was wonderful. It was a bad situation (cancelled flight), and they did their best to be kind and accommodating.

Stay here often,and will keep coming back.
    • Standard King Room

The air conditioner was loud,and probably needed some repair. The front desk said they would send a mechanic, but I declined.

The room was just what you would need for a sleepover before going to the airport. Great shuttle service to the airport. Wake up call on time. Friendly staff,clean room.

Great place to stay.
    • Standard King Room

I found no problems here.

This is the perfect place to stay when you are traveling. There is free shuttle to the airport, close to restaurants. This place is clean, staff is friendly and helpful, the pool is refreshing. What more could you want!

Pleasant

Ridiculous that they require an extra per night miscellaneous incendenital fee even when using a major credit card. Traveled across the country & not one other hotel required that "extra hold" from me. Was told it would automatically be released once I checked out. Not the case, a full week before my extra funds were available to me.

Pleasant stay. Room clean.

The best place to stay if you need quarters close to the airport.
    • Standard King Room

Every thing was fine however I thought the parking was free when you stay for more than one night. There is a charge for longer term parking.

I always stat here when I am going to the airport. It has the best services.

layover convenience but not comfort
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness and patrolling the guests who are over-served. You need to feel safe!

I booked this hotel because a flight was cancelled and I needed a place quickly before the following morning. The staff was courteous and accommodating, however, the hotel is not a place where you would willingly stay. It is more or less a hotel for travelers with layover. Nonetheless, this hotel had two very intoxicated people in the halls - could barely stand and one of the rooms we booked smelled like cigarette smoke (the staff quickly moved us.) Once again this is by no means a destination hotel - most likely strictly for business travelers stuck at the airport or on a layover, or airline personnel in between flights.

Great pool area. Quick transfer time to the Airport
    • Standard King Room

The airport shuttle which was booked in advanance was full when we needed it. Other people had boarded the bus without a reservation which was frustrating. Good job we were not rushng for a flight.

The room was modern and clean. We were able to request a late checkout for no additional cost. The pool area was quiet and peaceful. We ate at the hotel resturant during our stay. Good menu choice, at reasonable prices. There are also other local eateries such as Deny's next to the hotel.

Our stay was brief, but nice.
    • Standard King Room

Liked having the Denney's next door. Bar was nice. Liked being able to leave our car at the hotel, and the airport shuttle was pleasant, clean, and on time both ways.

Desperate but a place to sleep
    • Standard King Room

The price was outlandish for what the room had to offer. Very musty, stale, no USB plug for charging electronics. Very old and dated

They had a room when our flight was cancelled.

Terrible experience and outrageous price
    • Standard King Room

Shuttle came late, almost missed me. Checkin lady cursed Booking.com for overbooking and almost denied me a room. Also was very rude when I asked where I could get breakfast the next morning. Rooms terrible - musty odor, dirty washcloth on sink, towels and linens smelt like industrial effluent. And the effrontery of charging $250 for this experience!

Nothing at all.

Needs updating terribly and a deep cleaning.
    • Standard King Room

The toilet didn't flush properly. It was outdated, run down and dirty all throughout the facility - the fact that I paid $224 for a room that wasn't worth more than $100 was off putting.

It was available and they have a complimentary airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Hotel By Air Port
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The whole hotel smelled like mildew. The rooms were really dated. It was hard to parking as well. Not best neighbor hood.

I like the fact the hotel wasn't far from the airport.

We did not like this hotel at all.
    • Standard King Room

The bar/breakfast area was a joke. It reminded me of an elementary school cafeteria. We will not stay here again. I've reviewed dozens of hotels all over the world in the past, and this is the lowest score I've given any of them.

We did not like this hotel at all. Very basic and very dated.

Great hotel if more than one elevator worked
    • Standard King Room

For a hotel with 5-6 floors, only 1 out of 3 elevators worked not ideal for persons with lots of luggage and small children. The one elevator that worked was super slow.

The room was great! Bed and pillows perfect. The bathroom was huge!!!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The bed was not comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Answer in the question above

The bed was not comfortable. There was an security guy sitting in the lobby. I think it would have been better to see him walking around o nthe outside and inside the hotel instead of sitting around. In the morning, heard the desk specialists talking that he just sat in the lobby all night. The desk ladies were very friendly and welcoming.

Worst hotel experience in my life
    • Standard King Room

The checkin process was terrible. Staff was extremely rude. They gave away my already booked room that I paid for, and then when I finally did get a room at 3:30 someone was already sleeping in it!! Do not stay at this hotel.

Computers were down so had to wait 2 hours to check in.
    • Standard King Room

Computers down. Restaurant and bar closed.

Computers were down so had to wait 2 hours to check in. Professionalism of the limited staff during their manual operations, especially when dealing with a packed lobby full of canceled flight travelers was very impressive.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

No attention to detail
    • Standard King Room

Staff non committal and evading. Needed a receipt for my stay. System down. Wouldn't give me info to follow up. Not even an email. Said they don't have. Restaurant on property, food ok. No coffee station or water in lobby. Had to buy from rest. Pretty basic stuff.

Was fine yo crash

would stay again, completely satisfied.
    • Standard King Room

I would definitely stary again at the hotel, served all our needs and had no problems.

The location of the property, the size of the room, including the bathroom, also located right beside a Denny's restaurant, open 24 hours. The room was clean and quiet, staff were pleasant, did not use the exercise room or pool, but both looked in good repair.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Good size room, roomy bathroom, comfy bed, nice privacy...
    • Standard King Room

Front desk staff appear irritated while performing customer service duties related to the job, both at check in and check out.

Good size room, roomy bathroom, comfy bed, nice privacy curtains, quaint bar and restaurant

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Mediocre.
    • Standard King Room

The restaurant was, at best, mediocre. The breakfast I ordered was a simple BLT and a coffee but it took a long time (business travellers are not on holiday and don't want to spend a lot of time waiting for something simple and easy). The restaurant was by no means full so it should have been easy. And the server was in a mess - made a number of mistakes with other customers and was poorly mannered. When someone tried to correct things, "Whatever ..." was the response. She greeted people with "You can sit over there." or I'm busy with someone else, you'll have to wait". The area looked really outdated and the atmosphere was unpleasant. Generally also, it seems that the hotel staff were stressed and found working there difficult - not particularly their fault maybe as these problems are usually management issues. I've found this with a number of Wyndnam Gardens in other cities so I'll probably avoid them next time.

Close proximity to Philadelphia airport and the shuttle was quick and direct. Althought that was probably co-incidence because no longer had I arrived and it come up to the curb. I didn't order one so I was lucky.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Great value for price.
    • Standard King Room

No dollies for luggage. Restaurant was understaffed. No answer when calling for housekeeping or room service.

Great value for price. Quiet. Clean room and linens. Free wifi and ample parking.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Would stay again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was very pleased with the room and the cleanliness. All of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Everything was most satisfactory.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

They could not pull up my reservation from the confirmation number supplied by Booking. The hotel was full and they needed more information than I had on me. Thankfully the young lady behind the counter suggested that I access my e-mail. Not having a smart phone and being over 70 causes some communication problems. She directed me to a computer and I accessed my confirmation from Booking and printed it out. I asked her what the difference was, what number did she need other than the Confirmation number and pin? Well, she needed the price quoted by Booking. That's how she found my room.

The facilities were clean and quiet. Didn't hear any planes even though we were right near the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Adequate for an overnight stay!
    • Standard King Room

The interior of the hotel looked a little dated. It doesn't have a vibrant feel.

The location was 5 minutes from the airport. The room was large and contained a mini fridge.

Lobby was great once you got past that it was like you were...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lobby was great once you got past that it was like you were in a different place! Hallways smelled, carpet dirty, rooms looked out dated and smelled musty and smokey!Was a little upset have always stayed at Wyndham chains this is the worst one Was not provided Wi-Fi password and their was no info in the room about nearby attractions or restaurants! Very disappointed !

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Terrible
    • Standard King Room

Rude and slow front desk Ridiculous price for the room The only reason I was there is because every other hotel was full and American Airlines canceled my flight.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Decent value, but
    • Standard King Room

Not a great location but only 10 minutes by shuttle to the airport.

Not a great location, but not too far by shuttle. Staff were very helpful and it looked like the room was renovated not that long ago. Overall, it served its purpose. There is a Dennys next door so you can get a meal at any hour.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Nice hotel to stay at. Very convenient when traveling to and from the Philadelphia Internl Airport
    • Standard King Room

I feel the hotel needs some sprucing up. We had a drink & ate at the bar in the hotel. Bartender was great, nice personality. But the dining room area left a lot to be desired. Very sterile. Zero atmosphere. We called for a shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Shuttle driver did not come to work that day. They were waiting for sub to come to work. We were asked to take a taxi to the hotel and we would be reimbursed for the fare, which we were. Woman at front desk was very apologetic about the lack of a shuttle to pick us up. We did not feel we were inconvenienced as it was not the fault of the hotel and there was a line of taxi's available.

Rooms was comfortable. We stayed over night then flew out of Philadelphia airport to Florida

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Phl area hotel.
    • Standard King Room

Didn't see this anywhere listed until I checked in and was told there was a $50.00 parking fee while we left our car there. I was under the assumption it was free from what I read. We were there and it was late so we paid and stayed.

Proximity to phl. Prompt shuttle. Clean room. Go to Monahans Pub a little down the road for great food.

Close to the PHL airport.
    • Standard King Room

Didn't have a complimentary breakfast like most places do, only a restaurant to buy breakfast.

Nice place, served our purpose of being close to the Philadelphia airport. Room was adequate.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Clean rooms convenient location to Philadelphia airport
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Carpet in the hallways with dirty and dated

Great location close to the airport staff was friendly and helpful and the shuttle service was a good to know

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Decent option for a stay close to the airport
    • Standard King Room

Front desk was quite busy. Some of the furnishings are a little tired (carpet, shower faucet), shower didn't get real hot.

Convenient location for quick access to airport and I-95. Room had all the expected amenities and then a few.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Staff were wonderful, friendly, polite.
    • Standard King Room

Small things. TV remote did not work. Could not get "comfortable" temperature from heater. (A little warmer than I prefer). No waste basket in bathroom. Shower drained a little slow.

Staff were wonderful, friendly, polite. Location was perfect for me. I had an early morning meeting 9 miles away. Price was the best I found in the area.