Reviews of Chicago Lake Shore Hotel 3 stars

4900 South Lakeshore Drive, Hyde Park, Chicago, Il 60615, USA

#148 of 154 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Convenient, easy access, close to attractions and in a nice...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was dated as far as furnishings go but the location and cost effectiveness made it worth it

Convenient, easy access, close to attractions and in a nice neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

My stay was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was very comfortable and the room was pretty clean. I didnt like that the hotel wasnt faceing the lake so we didnt have a good view from our room. Other then that the staff was friendly and met all our expectations.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

well -located comfortable hotel
    • Standard King Room

Everything was fine- I think we got good value for money and there is nothing that we can complain about!

The location was excellent, very close to the metro and by the lake shore. The rooms were fine. It is a motel, rather than a hotel, so there are are no facilities such as coffee bar, gym etc. Still, who needs them? Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

It's not beautiful but a basic, clean facility
    • Standard King Room

Carpeting and furnishings really need an upgrade. Everything is very worn.

It is close to my family. It is a basic, no frills facility at a great price. It is very clean and the staff is very accomodating and nice.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

It was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room got very warm in the middle of the night. The bedside lamp was not working.

It was clean. Beds were comfortable. Shower was nice and the staff was friendly. The cafe was nice although pricey even with the discount.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

comfortable stay with a view of the lake and easy to
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would have loved a free breakfast. But we did get discounted coupons for The diner on-site. The Wi-Fi kept going in and out saying low or no signal. So stronger Wi-Fi would have been nice. Also the coffee pot had 4 cups, but only 3 packages of coffee, and only 2 packages with creamer and sugar. Making it to where not everyone got coffee and not everyone got sugars either.

Slow to check in as there was only one clerk at the desk and a line in front on us. But the room was larger than expected and very comfortable beds. The bathroom was also very large. There was a marathon going on that weekend, so it made traffic horrible trying to get out of the area, but otherwise it was easy to find/navigate. And it was only a few minutes from downtown Chicago.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The place is a bit worst for wear but it is very clean and you cannot beat the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Place needs a few repairs. Nothing impactful to your stay but seeing the towel racks hanging by a tread always puts doubt in your mind, no matter how clean the place is. Other than that we could have used a larger ice bucket since there is a restaurant next door but we prefer bringing our own food.

The location is really the selling point. No matter your transportation you can go anywhere within Hyde Park and the main city of Chicago is only fifteen minutes away with good traffic. The view of lake Michigan is great but you will have to step outside to enjoy it.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The view of the lake.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathroom was dirty, the shelves were falling off the wall. The furniture was out dated.

The view of the lake. Close to downtown. Close to the aquarium.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

My stay was fantastic and the tv had some great shows on there!
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I can't really think of anything off the top of my head other the service of towels for the bathroom. It was a leakage in the bathroom due to somebody either using the bathroom or taking the shower and I wasn't willing to take that risk due to the fact it's either toilet or shower water. Other than that, my stay was just fine.

It was excellent. I can't complain and would recommend this hotel. The area that it's located makes it even better. The interaction with the employees there also went smoothly and enjoyed my night and slept well!

I felt the price of the room was quite high given the condition of the hotel. Overall it was just ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the desk clerk never told us about our free breakfast. He did not give us the times, so when we went down to eat we were told no breakfast and we were not able to get lunch instead of breakfast. The room itself was very run down, cracked ceilings, well worn bedding, just not we expected from this hotel chain. When we were leaving I spoke to the manager and he asked what he could do to make it right. I told him my family was hungry and he offered us lunch in the cafe on the house. We really enjoyed our lunch and I left with a more positive attitude then I did before we left the hotel.

The view from our room was very beautiful. The sight from our room really made a perfect end for our stay.

The restaurant is a great asset.
    • Standard King Room

The restaurant is a great asset. We enjoyed eating there and luckily were there for Friday night dinner with jazz!! A real treat that gives a special atmosphere to both restaurant and hotel.

Overall it was a pleasan justt experience and will stay again.
    • Standard King Room

Mold in the bathtub. No microwave or access to one.

Location was excellent, free parking and internet. Bed was very comfortable. Maid service was good.

the pool and the free shuttle to the city
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They really need to Fumigate the place as at night there are spiders and cobwebs everywhere! the breakfast buffet needs signs on what things are, was a little confusing. and the shuttle guy left early from the meeting place so we ended up having to catch a cab which we were annoyed about, but other then that our stay was pleasant

the pool and the free shuttle to the city

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Mold in the bathtub Toilet was destroyed smell in the room...

Nothing stay away

Mold in the bathtub Toilet was destroyed smell in the room un friendly staff and when ask for my Refund they said no We’re gonna charge you for the night and I was only there for an hour and a half and they said we messed the bed up no say far far way from this place

The room was clean and smelled clean when we went in.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

There are soooooo many SPIDERS on the pool fence and all around the pool area and tables by the pool. Some was the size of a 50 cent piece no lie. They seriously need to spray.

The room was clean and smelled clean when we went in. We was pleased with it.

Affordable trip to Chicago, taking daughter to college
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

My only complaint would be the toilet, it is a small round toilet. (WTH I'm not a small person) we have stayed at two different properties in Chicago and both had the same style toilet. For me the cost of the room makes me see this property in a good light. (I saved $700)

we stayed at the property next door a few years ago, we were going to book at the same property when this property showed on the internet, this property is half the price and comes with a pool. I did like that there are 2 keyed doors to get to the room. The staff is friendly and seem to always be cleaning something when I saw them. The restaurant next door (same property) has a breakfast buffet, we ate there many times. (they give a discount for the buffet). Lunch and Dinner was good also, if you like nachos, this is the place... the hotel is pet friendly, (we have 2 medium size dogs) we will be returning to Chicago in the coming years for our daughters college, I will definitely book this property again.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The room needs to be more airy, too stuffy ,air condition...

Along the lake...

The room needs to be more airy, too stuffy ,air condition unit did not work....Spiders centipedes everywhere.....internet services really bad...

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

very nice

all good

the guys on the front desk were great and very helpfull, they gave us all the info on local busses in to down town. the shuttle bus was not running for some reason, the hotel is right accross the road from the Lake and park, you have to walk half a mile to a foot bridge to get to the water edge safley. free breakfast. free parking

Ok for a 1 night stay only

The lobby smelled bad. Our room had cobwebs in the corners above the bed. Very old decor and appliances with scratches, marks and dents on them.

Check in was fast and easy. Located across the street from the beach and a lovely view of Lake Michigan.

Great stay in Chicago
    • Standard King Room

Low floor room can be a bit noisy, but it is really a minor issue.

The area is very nice, the lake is at walking distance. Swimming pool is very pleasent and open until 9 pm. The top of this hotel is a shuttle to downtown available for free. Thos is amazing and makes the difference

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN. SHUTTLE SUPER, BUT SELF-DRIVE TO DOWNTOWN PARKING WORKED WELL TOO.
    • Standard King Room

SADLY, THE FREE SHUTTLE DID NOT RUN AS OFTEN AS CONVENIENT. WE WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PAY FOR AN EXTRA RUN EARLY AM OR AFTER SUNSET.

-FAST EASY ACCESS TO CHICAGO CTR, MUSEUMS AND U.OF CHICAGO VIA S SHORE DR. -LARGE COMFORTABLE ROOMS. WE LIKED OUR TWO-ROOM 'SUITE' WITH SEPARATE LOCKED ENTRANCE. -RESTAURANT B-FAST NEXT DOOR WAS CONVENIENT AND FILLING BUT NOT 'GOURME -THE FREE SHUTTLE TO DOWNTOWN WAS FANTASTIC. DRIVER GAVE GREAT 'COMMENTARY' AND ADVICE.

3.0
    Bad peoperty bad people. Never book again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My mistake of booking. Never book at this property a gain. When i check out i forget some thing. Call the front desk but never get the answer back from them.

Nothing i dont like anything

Great for the price. Would stay again!
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Bathroom Shower needed to be updated as did some other items in the room.

The price was right. The pool was nice. Friendly staff in the Cafe. Cafe salad bar was great. Parking was great and easy. Loved the security and privacy to the rooms. Simple easy check in and check out process.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Adequate place to sleep
    • Standard King Room

A former Ramada Inn, it was a motel, rather than a hotel. The shuttle to downtown refused to take our bags and the driver was rude about it. WiFI did not work in the room, and the soap was the diameter and thickness of a half dollar. And while a decent price for a major city, it was overpriced for a motel.

Clean room, reasonably comfortable bed.

5.5
    Bed was comfortable, room was near.
    • Standard King Room

Bed was comfortable, room was near. We had to stay in a different room with NONE of our items for a night which made it a very frustratknf situation. The front office lady tried to make it better but the maintenance guy that came in the morning was rude towards us. There are quite a bit of spiders roaming the outside. The location was great however.

Great experience
    • Standard King Room

Big room, safe location, friendly stuff, free parking, free shuttle to Chicago downtown, close to public transport as well, located in 2 min walk to Whole Foods and Jolly Pumpkin pub

Refreshing splash in Chicago
    • Standard King Room

The room was a bit dark and the TV was old, the channel selection kept blocking, but in the end it worked!

The hotel is quite close to Chicago downtown, great access if not in rush hour. Parking available. There is also a small shuttle that all day into town. Commuting train is a 10min walk! Great and clean swimming pool! Lake beach nearby.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

NOT as depicted
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was definitely not even close to how it was depicted in its add. It's located across the hwy from the lake, a very loud hwy. The hotel looks great from the outside because it's attached to a La Quinta but don't be fooled. The first room we were given was tiny, dirty, smelly and the paint was peeling off the ceiling. The second room was in better condition but it stunk worse than the first room (like mold and moth balls) the floor was gross, the furniture was clearly from someones house, the toilet didn't have a tank and the toilet paper was mounted half a mile away. I would never stay here again. Without being judgemental the staff seemed to be the lazy stoner type although nice guys, one was incompetent and the other didn't seem to understand why I was upset about the hotel. I requested to speak with a manager and was told there wasn't one available.

It was located close to the hwy so we could get out of there as fast as possible

Great that they had a shuttle into town, but not frequent...
    • Standard King Room

Extremely dated - badly in need of refurbishment. Shuttle times not confirmed so always unsure on the return trip if they were going to come or not.

Great that they had a shuttle into town, but not frequent enough. One of the shuttle drivers was great; the other was a little "miserable". Great location by the lake, but have to walk through the park, over a bridge to get there!

Comfortable room and shuttle service.

If you have a problem with stairs there is no elevator to 2nd floor rooms. It was not a problem for me and did not impact my stay.

I felt safe here as a solo female traveler. Even though a dated room it was very clean with a comfortable bed. Staff was very helpful and having a restaurant at the property was great. I chose this hotel because it had a free shuttle into the city and parking was by my room entrance.

Nice location if you prefer to stay on the outskirts of a city
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Coffee machine didn’t work, bedside lamps didn’t work; the beach was under reconstruction.

Good night sleep on a comfy bed, clean spacious room, location near the lake shore

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I liked the location, and price was very reasonable,compared...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The rooms were small, but comfortable, I was disappointed the pool was not open

I liked the location, and price was very reasonable,compared to staying downtown!!

Beds are comfy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was out of service all the time of our stay. Kids were very upset, as they could see it from the window, but couldn't swim there

Beds are comfy

the location is right across from the lake, but there's...
    • Standard King Room

room was dirty and in very poor shape.

the location is right across from the lake, but there's a very busy highway and you have to walk quite a ways to cross over the highway, The room as in pretty poor condition, luckily we were just staying one night.

I truly enjoyed my stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was closed / empty (it was in the middle of summer) but I also didn't have time to use it had it been open. The facility itself could be viewed as somewhat "budget" but I personally love a little bit of autonomy when I travel. There are always things to complain about if you're adamant about being dissatisfied; for instance, I witnessed a guest arguing with the lady at the front desk, yet she was super sweet and helpful to me immediately afterwards.

The location was great (short walk from a bridge over Lakeshore to the lake; it's quiet, out of the way). It also butts up against a real neighborhood with parks and a short walk to some retail / food, but nothing touristy.

Very dissapointed so cut short our stay.
    • Standard King Room

Unable to use international credit card had to use cash despite it being advertised on an international site. No internet much of the stay, one member of the staff rude with a serious attitude problem. We cancelled our last night due to the staff inability to be helpful!

Swimming pool very pleasant!

Girls Trip
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing that I did not like was that the rooms did not come with a fridge or microwave....and the rooms need to be more updated because it looks really out of date and the bed sheets. The bed sheets were not all that comfortable.

I like the location of the hotel because I had the lake/beach across the street and there were a lot of places to eat and shop within walking distance from the hotel. The staff was really nice and housekeeping did an excellent job on my room.

Mediocre
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The price was outrageous given that it was set up like a motel. You had to leave the lobby to go outside to a set of individual doors. It didn't feel like it would be super safe nor would it be reasonable to do this in the winter time in Chicago. For that inconvenience alone, the price should not have been over $100 per night. The beds were old and not super comfy. The layout was a little inconvenient as the toilet was way more than arms reach from the wall where the toilet paper hung. Also, the phone in the room didn't work except on speaker mode.

It was quiet and close to where I needed to walk in Hyde Park.

Spend extra for nicer accommodations.
    • Standard King Room

Hard pillows, very old. Needs updating. Not a great location for public transport, really anything.

Needs updating. The perk was free shuttle, but the driver was 15 minutes late, thus, we were late. Free parking. Had a college visit at U of C. Spend the extra money and stay closer.

Great location, clean, pleasant and efficient staff
    • Standard King Room

The house from the room above. When the family above me was getting down for the night, there was about an hour of stomping. It felt like they will fall through the ceiling.

Perfect location for U. Chicago or downtown visits. The hotel even has a shuttle to both locations.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

The furniture in the room could use a little TLC, there were nicks and scratches on the dresser/TV stand as well as the side tables. It would also be nice to have some sort of electrical outlet available to use on the bedside table. I was able to charge everything but had to use the bathroom counter or the desk rather than the tables by the bed.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was great for what I needed and it was an easy walk to multiple shops/restaurants as well as a nice park.

Overall,, would stay again because of location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Pool wasn't open when Temperature was over 100 degrees. No air conditioning in lounge.

Comfort of room, location, shuttle driver ( John). Breakfasts, .

Great location, clean, quiet and comfortable accommodations.
    • Standard King Room

There weren’t enough outlets. We had to pull the mattress away from the wall to find an outlet to charge our phones.

The room was well furnished and included a fridge and microwave. The mattress and bedding were comfortable and the sheets were a really good quality. I liked that the curtains had a Velcro closure in the middle to keep light out. I was able to park in front of my room every day which was great and parking is free. Public transportation is a short walk from the hotel and takes you directly into downtown.

price was good
    • Standard King Room

the room is not a individual room, it's like a suite and have different rooms, I was stay at first floor, I can always hear someone open and close the suite door which is just near my door, and it is loud .

price was good

A good value hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The steps were very steep, the parking lot filled up quickly, and the bathroom setup is awkward. The phone in the room didn’t work, and though we reported it, it wasn’t fixed during our stay. But the main desk was within easy walking distance, so it wasn’t a major problem.

The location. It was convenient, easy to find, and a good distance from downtown.

Not the best value.
    • Standard King Room

The person running the front desk clearly had zero idea what he was doing each time we went in for something, and he was more interested in texting than helping us. We were told one price when we checked in and signed for it and then told we owed more when we checked out because he forgot to charge taxes... the pool was empty our entire stay which was a bummer because thats one reason we chose this hotel. Neighbors were loud and we spent 100$ on cabs in 2 days. Dont stay here if you dont want to spend 20$ per trip to AND from downtown. We couldve stayed in a downtown hotel for the price of the cab fare but that was our mistake. There wasnt much within walking distance.

Bed was super comfy, room was big and clean. There was a fridge and microwave.

We did have a place to sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Wrong room at check in, no water in pool for our pool side room, no frige for toddlers milk, toilet paper almost unreachable from toilet.found water bottle and wtips from previous rental.

Could be better for 120.00 per night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is located in front of 4 lane highway making it noisy and hard to get to the lake across the 4 lanes.

Food at the cafe was real good and front desk was very nice.

Good value and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I wish I was told that the pool wasnt going to be open. I didnt know until the day of my stay when I got my last confirmation email and it was then too late to change. The whole reason i chose this hotel was vecause of the big beautiful pool pictured on the website.

Good value and comfortable.

I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

SLOW SERVICE IN RESTAURANT ROOMS OUTDATED AND VERY SMALL STAFF MADE KEYS TO OUR ROOM FOR ANOTHER GUEST BY MISTAKE , YOU CAN ONLY GUESS TO OUR SUPRISE WHEN A STRANGE MAN WALKED INTO OUR ROOM!

CLOSE TO WHERE I NEEDED TO BE FOR WORK

Absolutely nothing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Horrible place, horrible staff - specially that "manager". Description in the website said 2 queen beds, but when I got there room had double beds. I wanted to cancel it without getting charged but speaking with the manager was like speaking to a brick wall. She could not care less and was rude to me, telling me she was NOT giving me my money back. Costumer service is just not a thing. It actually gets better. Around 11pm the guy from the reception simply came in our room while we were sleeping, without even knocking! He didn't even apologize, but instead he was rude to my husband when he asked him why he came in our room!!!

Absolutely nothing.

I read many negative about this hotel and before my arrival...
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I read many negative about this hotel and before my arrival I worried about it, but I found it good for my stay. specially easy access to all kind of transportation, a uber taxi takes only 7$ from down town and another side of lake is very good for a walk and morning run.

Wouldn't recommend this Hotel
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Cigarette smell in the room...curtains don't stay closed. Tv picture poor quality. Staff was not there when I arrived and entrance was locked. Stain on the linen..see picture

Restaurant food and restuarant view. Restuarant staff was very polite and professional.

La Kinta Inn next door was much better with breakfast, fridge, and microwave.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room or in the lobby. Used the shuttle only once. The flyer said to call 30 minutes before needing it, but when I did I was told I had to wait 2 1/2 hours until her schedule said 5:30 pm

The bed was great

it served it purpose with the location and cost.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

the room can undergo some kind of updating and refreshing cleaning.

the convenience of the room on the ground floor. easy access with the hardware into the room from the car.

The facility is not acceptable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

All furnitures are too old and chipped need to be replaced. The next door hotel charged the same price with beautiful lobby and modern building...and free coffee....Your price is too high...

Staffs are very nice, friendly and helpful.

Good if you have a conference in U Chicago and you are on a budget.
    • Standard King Room

A little on the run down side and a little dirty. Also there is a back room behind the check in desk that looks super disorganized which shot off a red flag, but my room was fine. Other guest were also loud when walking by so something to consider if you are a light sleeper.

The location was great for a conference at U Chicago. They also offer a shuttle to U Chicago and other points but I liked just walking. The shower was good. It was great to having free parking at the hotel. Also located near the lake.

Basic hotel is safe, clean and good value. Not fancy.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Apple Maps puts the motel location next to the Museum of Science and Industry. Nope. I kept telling myself, 4900 LSD is not by the Museum, and drove north to 49th st.

Very basic motel which I chose for price, free parking, and location. My son had an event at U Chicago, and I didn’t feel like spending over $150 for a place to stay 1 night. This place is part of a nicer, and more expensive La Quinta, which can be a little confusing. It’s like the poor man’s wing of La Quinta, but when I checked their rates, I was glad I was where I was. Everything was fine; check in smooth, room clean, I felt safe, and nothing got stolen. I was on the pool side, in April, so aside from Lake Shore Drive traffic, it was quiet. It was basic, but I would stay here again if I need to be on the south side. If you like luxury or you’re picky, this might not be your place.

It really wasn’t a bad stay. The room was clean and staff was friendly.
    • Standard King Room

Toilet seat paint was peeling, the shower made a lot of noise, could loudly hear the people above us walking around and talking outside our window. Also, our room key stopped working on 3 different occasions.

It was a no frills hotel but a good price for the location and staff was friendly. I read some bad reviews before coming to the hotel so I was a bit wary but the hotel was fine. Could use a few updates but otherwise we enjoyed our stay. They also offered a free shuttle not only to downtown Chicago but to the convention we were attending! It was definitely a nice surprise. I would stay here again.

Based on reviews, not quite what we were expecting but worked out okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I read a lot of reviews. I believe some were from the neighboring La Quinta property and were mixed in with the Chicago Lake Shore property. I was expecting a bigger room with a refrigerator and complimentary breakfast based on the reviews I read. So it was disappointing. But the place was adequate. We did eat in the Lake Shore Cafe, which is at the neighboring property so a short walk. It was very good but not complementary. However, the host at the restaurant told me to ask at the front desk of Chicago lake Shore hotel where we were staying for discount coupons for the breakfast buffet at the restaurant. I did and saved some money. I wondered why the coupons were not offered at my check in.

We chose this hotel for the location (close to where we would be spending most of our time). And for the low price.

You get what you pay for, cheap room for those who want to see Chicago but certainly no frills.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were old, outdated and smelt of cigarettes despite it being a non-smoking hotel. The cleanliness wasn't great and the toilet wasn't fixed to the floor properly. The smell of smoke was so bad that even the hotel towels smelt of cigarettes. It was a horrible place to spent the night with two young children. If you're a smoker and you love to smell like an ash tray then this is the place for you!!!

The location of the hotel was good as it was out of town, but the hotel offers a free shuttle bus which takes you downtown so this is a good place to stay for those who do not want to spend too much on accommodation.

It is what you get for the prices, next time I will splurge a little for a better room.
    • Standard King Room

It should be stated somewhere on their site that the card must have your name in it, temporary cards do not work. We had to go find an ATM to get cash, ( which wasn't horrible) The rooms did not have a microwave or a fridge which would have made our stay a little easier for a multiple night trip. There is no vending machines or pop machines. The first night was nice and quiet, the second night the people in the room upstairs had their music blasting until at least 3 am and where running up and down the stairs and yelling all night long.

The bed was comfortable. The room over all wasn't horrible. The location is easy to get to and it is located in a decent spot that has plenty to do. Not far from Navy Peier, museums and the zoo.

Staff and shuttle drivers are professional and kind.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our shower screams like a Banshee, no refrigerator and bad self serve coffee in the room.

Staff and shuttle drivers are professional and kind. Fairly quite from other guests in rooms. Location was good price for Uber rides.

The hotel door along with the security door is right by your...
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom was small and carpet was had a nail sticking up by the chair and coat rack along with ants in the bathroom.

The hotel door along with the security door is right by your car. Cozy room

Worst hotel decision of my life.
    • Standard King Room

Location sucked, bed was uncomfortable, staff was incompetent.

Nothing. Everything was wrong with this terrible place. I don't suggest it to anyone.

Overall ok stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

House keeping knocked on my door, I thought I had do not disturb sign. I told house keeping I had a sign on door saying don't disturb. With a rude response the housekeeping person said to me well the sign says would like maidservice. Unprofessional response

Na

Good value for your money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When the guest upstairs were showering at night, the pipe noise woke me up but not a big deal.

For the price it was excellent. It's not the Hilton and they are not trying to be. It's clean, quit, and only a 7 minutes walk from the train, Wholefoods, and Native Foods Café so I was covered.

People are very friendly.
    • Standard King Room

Bed bug bites! Shower water is not hot enough.

People are very friendly. The shuttle service to UChicago and downtown is very convenient. Location is good, about 2 blocks away from public transportation.

• Standard King Room

Did not tell you online that you had to go outside for breakfast in the cold and the workers children upstairs over us and they created a lot of noise banging and jumping on the floor I had to complain three times before they went to investigate because they kept telling us the room was empty but it was not and also in one room to Lamps didn't work

Smoking rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No batteries in remote,waited almost an hour for someone to bring some,no listings for channels just scrolling took forever to find specific channels, no frig or microwave but access to one in another hotel/2nd floor??? Too cold outside for that!

Smoking rooms

Not fancy, not expensive. Basic clean overnight housing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms with 2 beds were on the second floor, up steep steps. But staff were available to carry bags up, so this wasn't too bad for us...would be a real problem for some guests.

Location good. Very very quiet. Simple, a little dated, but excellent value for Chicago.

Very good deal for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The linen was not very soft and I didn't sleep well. Pool us outdoor. No continental breakfast. Overpriced, not so nice restaurant on site.

The room appeared clean. The staff was helpful. And it is very close to Lincoln Park zoo on Conservatory, which are both free and may see! Decent distant from downtown

Overall it's a good visit.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing specific. There is no elevator. If there is mention about this in the website while booking, it would be great

the location is closer to downtown and it is lake facing.

Free parking& wifi ; nice location , do not expect a lot
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud neighbours, be ready for strangers knocking the window; no smart tvs at rooms, even broadcast is fluffy.Did not have a shower curtain on the fist day; somehow they placed the next day...

Nice comfortable bed; free parking free Internet.

The hotel was a great value for the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A few of the cable channels didn't come in clearly, but I didn't go to watch t.v.

The hotel was a great value for the area. Very convenient and walkable to many of the sites in Hyde Park. Also easy access to downtown via the hotel shuttle or public transportation.