Reviews of Wyndham Chicago O'Hare 3 stars

1450 East Touhy Ave, Des Plaines, IL 60018, USA

#4 of 6 hotels in Des Plaines

Decent place to stay before a flight from O'hare if you're traveling from far away.

The Wifi was pretty bad, but not as bad as many places in the area. The shuttle from the airport was terrible, it seemed to have no suspension at all. It was a very bumpy ride. I took an Uber back to the airport in the end rather than take the shuttle again.

The room was fine, and the bed was comfortable. The shower was pretty good, and the free water bottles were a nice touch.

Stay good, no discount.

Not give a discount.

Did not get my discount like everyone else and had to pay for breakfast. Government employee, over 65 (aarp) and didn’t get a discount.

great shower and water pressure!

front desk clerk at check in made a production of the people in front of me. they wanted 2 rooms charged to one card and this guy couldn't grasp the concept. it made waiting for this to end and check myself in after a very long long day.

great shower and water pressure! nice breakfast in the morning.

Was OK for One Night. Wouldn't Stay Longer...

The front desk staff was extremely rude at check-in. I think they were overwhelmed, and tired, but nevertheless, customer service should've still been key. The individuals next to me were arguing with another front desk employee and was given the cold shoulder and rude responses to the guests. The lady in front of me wasn't allowed to ask too many questions, before she was given a "sigh". Then when it came to myself checking in, and inquiring if there were any rooms available in a different part of the hotel, I was immediately shut down with a rude, "NO".

Room was clean. Bathroom was clean as well. Kudos on cleanliness!

Room was very big, beds very comfortable.

There was quite a lot of noise coming from the hallway, but since the hotel is so close to the airport, I guess it makes sense that people are constantly arriving/leaving.

Room was very big, beds very comfortable. Breakfast was great, a lot of different food options.

Perfect location but just a little loud

The hallways are loud. Anyone who is even having a normal inside voice conversation, can be heard in the rooms

Everything but the hallways on the first floor

My stay

I did not like the fact that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. The toilet had to be flushed more than two times when using toilet paper. The rooms and bathroom were rather small. There was not enough silverware for breakfast or seating at that that fact.

I liked the property because it was close to our venue.

Great way to start my stay in Chicago

The evening desk staff was a bit cold but still helpful.

Very close to the Airport. The room was a pefect size and very comfortable. The breakfast was very good with great options.

decent for the price. nothing special

we didn't know based off the website that there was a restaurant attached. would have been nice to know ahead of time. the room did not smell very clean. furniture was outdated.

the breakfast was very good!

In transit to china

Seems the rooms a bit older than other hotels in this category but served its purpose

Facilities and quality of my stay was good quite large rooms and and comfortable bed

Average size room which was not the problem.

Average size room which was not the problem. The facility was a bit dated but definitely needed to be cleaned better. Shower curtain stained, chair had several stains.

The room set up was good and comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The shuttle took 4 passengers to the other location without asking, so we had to turn around and waste time.

The room set up was good and comfortable. I was staying only for the night cause of the morning flight, so didn't use the restaurant or other facilities.

Excellent, besides what didn’t like.

Bedding, sheets, pillow cases please upgrade. No in room refrigerator or microwave. Low shower, water pressure but understand sometimes that is a difficult predicament.

Extremely friendly, courteous employees and helpful staff and service, a superb breakfast with variety. Entrance and dining nice decorum.

Distance to airport, food options, and sleep number king bed as well as friendly staff made stay +++

Tv stations were limited and most were not digital. No pool or hot tub. Bathroom was small and fan was weak.

Sleep number king bed was awesome. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Linen looked and smelled clean. Breakfast was included and included made to order omelettes, as well as full breakfast items. Amazing options for food within walking distance. Steak house was delicious and well priced. Pizza and italian restaurant was also great.

Excellent hotel 1 block away from Allstate Arena.

Breakfast was not included.

This was an excellent hotel within walking distance from Allstate Arena. We stayed at this Wyndham to attend a concert. The location could not have worked out better.

Nice, almost perfect!

Staff member spoke loudly directly to me, about my membership and the inability to collect points. Everyone in the lobby sitting area was looking at us when I turned in their direction. A little more discretion goes a long way!

Location, location, location...

Comfortable stay but staff not accommodating to guests

Was presented with incorrect bill. Desk clerk did not agree with confirmation I had. I called booking.com and Josenete called and got things straightened out. Did not appreciate that the desk clerk did not believe me or offer to help me in any way

Breakfast is excellent, wide variety of foods to choose from

Once renovated will be a great place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Appreciate they are going through renovations- was not warned of this- pool was closed- specifically booked due to open air pool. Breakfast was served with plastic plates, cups & cutlery- was the final straw- I complained to front desk and they graciously reduced my bill by half.

Convenient location. Staff really helpful.

Very pleased with our stay. I would stay here again with price considerations.

Better draining of water in sink and tub is needed. Needed to be informed at check in that breakfast buffet was not included in our stay since we did not book through Wyndham, but an Extra charge.

We liked the room we were in and proximity of shopping and restaurants was appreciated. Lobby area is very spacious. Shuttle service was key factor in choosing this Wyndham property. I have stayed at Wyndhams in other cities and would recommend this site.

Great Place to Stay Near Airport in Chicago

We loved that it was quiet and we were able to sleep well after a long flight. Everyone was very nice and their shuttle is very easy to use. The driver also very nice and helpful. All in all, it is a good place to stay.

Ok but not satisfied

The number bed did not work. The second floor smelled like there was too much oil as it was a mechanic shop in the hallways. The room carpeting was uneven and question what was underneath.

I enjoy and thank the fact that my stay was extended to a late check out of 2 pm

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Location is perfect. 24/7 airport&metro station shuttle. Staff very friendly. I highly recommend to anyone.

4.0
    I booked this hotel because of location and had an outdoor...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked this hotel because of location and had an outdoor pool. Hotel had changed names and was being renovated so the haven't opened the pool yet. I think the rooms are out dated.

Great location, but bad everything else!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude at each interaction, the bed and pillows were horribly uncomfortable, the pool was closed, breakfast was an expensive option (we went to IHOP for less), parking was difficult due to the restaurant, and I was over all sad with the lack of amenities for the price!

I liked how clean the hotel was and that it was in walking distance to the Arena.

Overall our stay was pretty good and the location is great

The housekeeping staff knocked on our door at 7:30 a.m. waking us up that was ridiculous and did not even apologize. Also five of the vending machines did not work we had to walk along way to get some pop. That is very frustrating to go to 5! Vending machines and did not have them work.

I like the Sleep Number bed and the hair dryer that was in the room.

It was alright. Did the job of giving me a place to sleep.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was out of service! That was probably the most disappointing aspect of my entire stay. The bathroom was poorly designed. When the door is open, the edge of the door reaches almost to the toilet so it was VERY difficult to be sitting on the toilet and opening or closing the door at the same time. You would have to shove yourself on the sides of the toilet to have enough room to open the door. Our floor also smelled like cigarette smoke, which was gross. The place really needs a remodel because all the decorations and walls just looked dated.

For my purpose (just needed a place to sleep for a night) it was just fine. Having a restaurant connected to the hotel was nice. Also, high five for the staff for professionally and quickly dealing with a VERY drunk and disruptive patron.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Work in progress.

Bathroom was cramped. Room was loud with planes flying over. Breakfast area cramped and ran out of coffee. Hallway was being repainted to looked like a mess.

Sleep number bed.

Communication lacking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel switched from Radisson to Wyndham two days before our arrival. All signage said Wyndham but we were booked at Radisson so we drove around for thirty minutes trying to find the now non-existent Radisson. We should have received a communication ahead of time letting us know. Also, the hotel is under a remodel so every hallway was a mess. It was stinky because of the construction as well - like paint and smoke. The ice machine on our floor didn't work but the front desk never answered their phone for me to find out if there was another machine working on a different floor.

Shuttle was very easy, location was good

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great option if you are attending an event at Allstate Arena
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was undergoing renovation during my stay so there were some slight inconveniences. The room wasn't dirty, but it wasn't spotless either.

The property was conveniently located to Allstate Arena with several restaurant options within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Avoid at all costs

The worst hotel experience of my life. The hotel is undergoing the sloppiest remodel, with construction debris and walls half painted with sample colors everywhere you look. The front desk attendants were rude at every possible turn. When I asked for a bottle of water from behind the front desk (which was complimentary according to a placard in the room), the front desk person, seemingly annoyed that anyone dare speak to him says, "water is available in the vending machine down the hall". After I explained that according to the placard in my room, bottled water was complementary, he rolled his eyes at me and begrudgingly gave me a bottle from behind the counter. The next morning, I came down for breakfast, but had forgotten the slip of paper admitting me to a free breakfast as a guest of the hotel in my room. I had already checked out, and turn in the keys, so I was unable to return to my room to retrieve it. One of the few people on the staff who wasn't a complete train wreck of a human being was the young woman serving breakfast in the dining room. She advised me to simply ask the front desk to give me another piece of paper, and that she would vouch that she had seen me there before. The gentleman at the front desk (the same one from the water bottle incident) first told me that if I didn't have a slip of paper I would need to pay for breakfast. Once I explained that I was a guest and had simply forgotten it in my room, and that the woman at the breakfast counter said he'd be able to give me another one, he asked for my ID to verify that I was a guest, and then began the process of issuing me a key to go back to my room, stating "you need to go get your breakfast ticket from your room before you can eat". I had about 10 minutes before my shuttle to the airport was leaving, so I told him not to worry about it, that I didn't have time to trek back to my room.

The woman who ran the breakfast buffet was pretty nice.

Nice room in a rough area

This property was about ten to fifteen minutes from the airport, located near the arena and therefore, I did not feel comfortable walking outside.

I booked this room because the facility offered 24-hour shuttle service which was exactly as promised.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Overnight Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It looks like this hotel is older but renovations are going on and that is a plus. I checked in kind of late and the staff that helped me was very pleasant! One important thing I look for when staying at a hotel is the beds. If I was not jet lagged from a long international flight I would probably sleep like a baby!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Will be back

No complaints

Perfect location for where we were spending our time. Room, bed all very comfortable. Enjoy our stay and restaurant next door very convenient and good food

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Unpleasant experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Waited for the shuttle 50 minutes; allegedly it passed once by the pick-up spot and did not see me; Because of their current renovation, the lobby looks like a military barrack...

The sleep number beds coupled with pillows with no support...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sleep number beds coupled with pillows with no support cramped my neck almost to the point of immobility after sleeping for 3-4 hours. Other than that pleasant experience, staff were great.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

No frills, near the airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stayed here before and booked again because it's close to the airport but the quality seems to be slipping. Lots of building work and smoky smell in the room.

No frills, near the airport

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Nice water and staff, little shabby for the money

The building needs some updates and new carpet, better coffee available would be good. The Starbucks machine only gave me water for $1.50 and no one at the counter knew how to get my money back or another cup of coffee.

We liked the fluffy towels, water quality for the shower was very nice and the staff was all very friendly. Also, the bedding and towels did not smell strong of bleach, which we liked very much!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Very close to the airport, making it super easy to get to...

Wish I had more time to sleep

Very close to the airport, making it super easy to get to the hotel and back. Free shuttle service is awesome. Big comfy room, perfect for a stop/layover.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Good stay

The people from the hotel giving the instructions on how to get to the Raddison shuttle from the airport terminal did not give accurate information. I was out in the cold looking for door number 2.

The staff was friendly and the place was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Convenient Airport Hotel Stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was reasonably clean and comfortable, but a little on the out-dated/dingy side.

The staff was mostly friendly and helpful, and the airport shuttle was extremely convenient and free. The breakfast was very good. There was also a gift shop in the lobby which had some essentials, and an attached restaurant, which was also very convenient.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

one night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Having gluten free options with the breakfast breads would have been nice.

It was only for one night, but everything was welcoming and easy and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

A lovely room

Was very disappointed to see that I couldn't get tea during the day . Most usual not to be able to . Some of the staff very uncaring . Unlike the Canadian branch I stayed in last year . The woman in the small shop was horrid and rude .

Loved the room great bed and water pressure for the shower . Very quiet and roomy . Maintenance men very efficient . Loved the breakfast cafe staff

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Not worth the money paid
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel is old and needs overall renovation. Loud air conditioner, clugged toilette, stained furniture. Definitely not good value for the money. For sure I will never stay here again.

24 hour shuttle service to the airport.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Quick, comfortable, and kind.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was at your facility for less than 8 hours, but everyone was very kind and quickly got me checked in so I could get a bit of rest before I had to get back to the airport. The breakfast was nice as well and I really appreciated the airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

It's in a good location.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms stated no smoking. Got to the room and you guessed it.... Smoke. Called to desk and their answer was "oh sorry, unfortunately we are booked up and we can't do a thing about it. Tub was dirty! Made me want to wear shower shoes! Wifi was pretty much nonexistent. Arrived at 5 on a Friday and the pub wasn't even open.

We liked the fact that we were there to attend a concert at the Allstate Arena. It was an easy 5 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Stayed at this hotel before, close to the airport, clean and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The server at this mornings breakfast just needs to go find a different career. Bad mood, worked slowly, had an attitude, coffee was out, juice was out, potatoes were out, eggs were out. First time in the US I have never left a tip. I hope the management help this individual find a new career.

Stayed at this hotel before, close to the airport, clean and comfortable, good shuttle service and numerous places to eat within walking distance. Check in staff are quick, and professional.

First time using a sleep number bed!

The courteousness of the other guests were a bit lacking, as I could hear people shouting in the hallway.

First time using a sleep number bed! I could get used to that! Also, the location was great. The Longhorn Steakhouse next door is a fantastic choice for dining.

Breakfast was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are too firm. Hard to get comfortable in bed.

Breakfast was great. Quick check in and out. Clean and convenient to airport and convention center.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Not bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One thing I found that I didn't like was that the pool area was closed and all the chairs were stacked up in the corner so there was no were for anybody to sit down and read a book outside, and if you have a room on the lower floor the sliding doors in your room have a bar across them stopping the door from opening so if there is a fire in the hall way there is no way to get out.

The room was comfortable and clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the morning breakfast was very filling and there was a good variety from cooks breakfast to fruits and cereals.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Do not book this hotel. The reception personnel - just terrible

We are frequent travelers. On an average between the two of us we travel approx 30 times a year overseas and hence have stayed at many hotels. THE GENTLEMAN who checked us in - the worst we have encountered. No eye Contact. No smile. Rude tone. Arrogant. Unwilling to help. I will make sure to un recommend this hotel to all travelers and friends going to Chicago. And trust us we know a lot.

Not much

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Fine for a one-night stay.

Designated computer+printer for checking in for my flight did not work properly and a member of staff had to print off my boarding pass from their office facilities.

self-service breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

What it is.

Directions to find the courtesy bus at O'Hare airport instead of having to walk a great distance to find it.

Very helpful staff. Comfortable room

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Great cancellation policy!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I made the reservation on line and was able to cancel within 30 minutes and not incur any penalty. We were stranded due to the Southwest Airlines computer outage and concerned our connection would get cancelled. Thankfully we made it out of Chicago, were able to cancel our hotel reservation without a penalty, and made it home safely. THANK YOU!!!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Service like a hostel
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

1) We waited the shuttle bus for more than 25 minutes, while several other hotels shuttle buses made 2 round trips. 2) We arrived at midnight in the hotel and I discovered entering our bedroom (reserved for 2 adults and 2 kids) that there was 1 bed ready and 1 convertible sofa with no sheets. The receptionist told me that Radisson's procedure is that sofas are not equipped with sheets and blankets. I objected that they knew we were arriving therefore the sofa should be ready and I was told "it's the procedure". So I was given the sheets and I prepared the sofa for my kids. Like in a hostel but at very higher price. 3) the day after the hotel manager listened carefully our complains and agreed we were right "I am sorry it's the procedure, but I share your pain". As a sort of compensation told me that we would not be charged for the breakfast. Unfortunately this guy has a very short memory because the same day my credit card was charged for the full amount of the night + breakfast. "Never anymore at Radisson hostels", this is my new procedure.

The room was ok, clean enough. The waiter in the breakfast lounge was nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

bed super comfortable, good shower with water pressure.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevator broken on one side. No advance notice, so walking down to it with luggage was a bummer, then having to traipse all the way back down the hallway to another one.

bed super comfortable, good shower with water pressure. Nice towels, super pillows. Overall very comfortable!

Great place for staying close to O'Hare.

Great breakfast staff and breakfast.

as a single traveller I felt secure and the hotel met my needs
    • King Room - Disability Access

Air conditioning

As a person with mobility issues I found the room met my needsi

Great stay!

Rooms were not ready when we arrived.

Rooms and lobby were clean. Workers were friendly and helpful.

Convenient for short stay near O'Hare

Very convenient from O'Hare. Shuttle bus is a bonus. Good overall.

very pleasant experience

Bed was very comfortable, soft pillows, friendly staff, great location, shuttle was perfect for airport, very clean hotel, would stay again

Walking distance to Allstate Arena

Walking distance to Allstate Arena

Great airport spot!

24 hour shuttle! Friendly staff. Clean. Comfy.

Very comfortable bed with great pillows.

Very comfortable bed with great pillows.

Excellent location and exceptional staff.

Great friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet

Positive Experience

Positive Experience

Adequate and cloe to airport
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Discovered too late that by booking through Booking.com, we didn't the free extended parking that we had stayed there for!

The staff was friendly and answered our questions quckly and...

The staff was friendly and answered our questions quckly and were very knowledgeable

Noisy At 5am, Monday

Noisy At 5am, Monday

Location, so close to the event

Location, so close to the event

Very clean. Very convenient.

Had an early morning airport run. Was looking forward to the “Starbucks Kiosk”. Was only a coffee vending machine. Not impressed.

Very clean

Good stay

Airport shuttle was not available very often from Ohare

We were only there for a short time but it was fine.

Flat pillows:-(

Comfortable and close to our destination.

Free shuttle to O’Hare airport, nice bar and breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Free shuttle to O’Hare airport, nice bar and breakfast.

Small bathrooms