Reviews of Orangewood Inn and Suites Midtown 2 stars

9121 North Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78753, USA

#142 of 193 hotels in Austin

Good breakfast, comfortable rooms.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a little damp and smelled moldy.

The staff is friendly and although this is clearly an older property, it has been remodeled and was comfortable enough.

OK but dont expect anything special and dont expect to check in even 5 minutes before 3p

We were declined check in at 2pm came back 10 minutes before 3pm and declined again! I was in no mood for this after driving all day. We had to wait until 3pm to check in which is there check in time but really 10 minutes guys.

You get what you pay for! It was a great price for a smelly room and staff that doesn't care.

There was a very unpleasant smell in my room upon entering. I eventually got used to it, but in the morning, after breakfast, I returned to the room to realize the smell was still there. Upon returning home, I noticed that my pajamas had that awful smell. The staff did not seem to care if I enjoyed my stay. They were not friendly upon check-in or check-out and did not ask how my stay was.

The room was clean.

Nice hotel, clean and comfortable for a great price.

The room decor and hallways are too dark (dark colors).

Nice hotel, clean and comfortable for a great price. We did enjoy the breakfast and fitness center.

If you can get a good price, it is worth staying at this hotel.

Overall I liked everything ok. The hotel's hallways smelled musty like dirty mop water & lingering smoke. Not sure if some rooms have smoking allowed. Also the breakfast room was way too overcrowded. There are signs that said that food was not allowed to leave the area because of health codes. It was too chaotic to stay and eat standing up with no tables available. We accidentally left an item in our first room. When we realized it was missing, the time was after midnight and were told that the front desk had no access to the house keeping area.

The weekday prices were good, but when I had to schedule for another day, which was almost sold out, the price was double. We had to switch rooms because of the way I booked, but the front desk clerk was accommodating, and had a room available early before we left the hotel for the day.

Overall it was great! Smells great and clean!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The sign needs to be bigger or brighter because we passed the location several times. A big bus had to reverse on the expressway frontage road because he missed the entrance. Get a bigger sign!

Was there for my brothers funeral. Super clean. Smelled very clean. 3rd floor housekeeping lady was awesome. I left my wallet and went back about an hour later and she had saved my wallet and a few other things I left behind. Pool was nice. Never got to have breakfast.

Stayed at better, and definitely stayed at worse!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

This hotel had a very strong musty smell. Also our room was on the second floor overlooking the pool, and there was a strong chlorine smell. The first night we stayed, people were grilling in the pool area and our room smelled like smoke the entire night. The beds were very stiff and not comfortable.

The free breakfast was a very nice surprise. It had scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and everything else you would expect. The water pressure in the shower was very strong as well.

Good hotel for the money and it was in an area that I needed to be in for business.

My 3rd floor room was uncomfortably humid and no amount of air conditioning solved this issue throughout my stay. The walls are very thin and the noisy kids next door unfortunately interrupted my sleep continously overnight. These are my only complaints, not really the hotel's fault.

The rooms are pretty clean and orderly. The staff was helpful when I asked for a room change due to very noisy neighbors who did not respond to phone call requests from front dest to decrease the childrens' noise level.

The location makes this place.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The daytime front desk staff is rude. I left 3 messages for the manager to call. Never received a call. They refused to help with finding a small stepping stool for my disabled mother. The front desk messed up my reservations. Don’t stay at this property.

The location makes this place. Outside of location it has almost nothing going for it.

Good quick stay for the price.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Sign at the front says, "Late check out at 2 pm." I advised the front desk lady that we would be checking out late. I referred to the sign in front of her, and she tried pushing to have us out at 12.

I was comforted seeing all the personnel that they had on hand to clean the hotel early the next morning.

Orange, Orange, Orange!

Orange, Orange, Orange! It’s amazing and just as orange as promised! Comfy bed and lounge chair. Great facilities and a wonderful breakfast area with a big selection!

Staff when I checked in was extremely rude.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff when I checked in was extremely rude. I travel often to Austin and would not stay there again.

For $50 dollars I will spend a little more next time for a better experience.

General feel of the property and people that I had to interact with.

The room and facilities, for the money ($50) was pretty much what I would have expected.

the place reminded me of a place that hookers go.

The musty smell in the room. Terrible carpet . towels were small and thin. Toliet was broken. Window had mildrew and the sealing was saturated probably why it smelled. The front desk people were rude. The price was was too high for a room like this.the hot pool was broken. The breakfast was over crowded.toaster didn't work. Coffee was awful.

Bed was comfortable room was clean

The entire stay was relatively comfortable and very pleasant. The staff was very nice and accommodat
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was unexpectedly asked to put down a deposit in which the website stated that no other fees, charges, or payments would be required after I booked the room. I expect charges to be incured if there are damages or unexpected requests made but, not before I check into my room.

The beds were very clean and comfortable. I did not hear other guests in the hotel; neither in the hallways nor next to my room, which is very nice.

It was pretty good.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could have been brighter at night and key card didn’t work coming in the door to the hotel very often. A few sketchy people but there was security driving around the parking lot at night.

Good value, nice staff.

Great location, good prices, fantastic staff!! 😜

Nothing!!

I always stay here when I’m in Austin, and I love how it’s consistent, and the staff always do an amazing job, over and over. The check-in and check-out process is always a breeze. The compound itself looks good, clean, and presentable - they have recently given it a fresh coat of paint and have made significant changes to the exterior. The lady who’s in charge of the breakfast is a god-sent, she does an amazing job, is always on the ball, and greets everyone with a smile, and all the other women with her do such a good job as well, it’s always nice saying hey to them! 👍🏼

Had got bitten by a bed bug.

Had got bitten by a bed bug. Did we had to hurry and pack to leave the room. Sent us to another room when checkout was in a 4 hours they said we could stay an extra hour. I'm not enjoying my stay due to the bed bug bite itching like crazy and paranoid that it might be bed bugs in that room as well

It's a good hotel with potentially being able to be a lot better.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area doesn't have capacity for even half of the people are staying there and it happens every day. Inside the room they don't provide everything unless you mention that.

It's cheap or affordable and it is not that far from the center.

The price for that hotel was great

The staff could be more friendly. It was a no smile only about business check in no enjoy your stay, no conversation.

The price for that hotel was great

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I fell in the lobby over the hotel rug in front of the front desk as I was checking out all of the things in my purse fell out and my IPhone X cracked. No one took an incident report or even called to verify if I was ok. I have been calling the hotel management to discuss repair of my phone and they are not returning my calls. I contacted Booking.com customer support and they said there is nothing they could do. I need to get some response from someone. I would like to resolve this without legal actions. Can someone please give me a call to resolve this matter.

Nothing. Breakfast was cold and rooms were not clean. Over priced hotel.

Very orange.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The noise on Saturday nights is unbearable. The room seemed quite pricy for the quality and cleanliness. You get less than your value for money.

Breakfast and the orange colour scheme

Staff friendly but rooms are dirty and bed linen very poor.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Poor bed linens,pillows dirty and bunched up, ladders stacked by pool. Again, website pics donot match how hotel really is. Big difference.

Staff friendly but website pictures donot match lobby,rooms or pool! Big difference. Big ladders stacked by pool, linen on beds poor at best, bathtub rusty and dirty.

Quiet building
    • King Suite

Inclines in halls. Loading and unloading. Bad location for my stay. Does not match website portrayal. But it was a very comfortable stay. Nicely decorated. Access to lobby not easy. Very hard to see at night.

Quiet building

Check in hostess was the only good part about this experience.

At check in after observing the area, I asked the hostess what the quality of the rooms were. Even she was not impressed. Apparently I was listed in a newly renovated room with new furniture but the experience was still awful. Hallways smelled. Shower had some weird stain in it and was filthy. There were a few guys walking around the property and in the hallways on their phones

Economic

The staff was very nice and helped us answer questions that we needed answered. The room was very large and had everything we needed. The breakfast was an A plus!!! You were located only 10 minutes from our destination which was perfect!! We will definitely will use you again. Thank you for your hospitality!!

Not much to complain about here, it's a good 3 star property.

This property was a pleasant surprise. We booked for 1 night to save a long drive after a attending Lone Star Car Show & didn't expect much, but it was very comfortable & quiet. The staff were pleasant too.

Meh

Location was aweful, as in bad part of town, and the alarm clock was set to go off in the middle of the night for some reason without me realizing it, which was really annoying to be awakened like that. Maid service should make sure the alarms are turned off.

There was nothing about this hotel that stood out. It was clean and comfortable enough I reckon. The Hotel served it's purpose and I got a decent night of sleep.

Ok place for a good price

Breakfast, it was pretty poor, the place was over crowded and with signs that said you couldn't bring your breakfast to your room.no place to seat. When we left, we founded a pair of used panties that someone left on top of our car...pretty disgusting!

Very comfortable bed

Relaxing and a great hide away from home
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hmmmm. Just no lawn area to sit and pur your feet down on grass. Small court area would put this place on top.

The staff,and tge comfort and cleaness of room and facility. My favorite! Tge breakfast is a 4 star. Only because tgey dont offer cook on site to order. Tge kitchen lady, cook, is amazing. I always look forward to seeing her smile. Reminds me of grandma.

Too noisy to sleep.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Too noisy to sleep. This windows let noise from highway in. I was at the back but still. Thin walls. I was woken up by a man sneezing next doors, like he was in the same room.

Housekeeping has very good staff
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that you cant take food up to room no matter what disabled or sick they dont care i was very unhappy about this

Housekeeping has very good staff

It was okay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Air quality needs to be better. Has a stuffy, and funky smell in two rooms I've encountered ( had to change rooms because of this issue). Base mattress was dirty underneath sheets.

Location close to restaurants, nice staff, breakfast was fair,feel of beds weren't uncomfortable.

Do not park on the back or the side of hotel only park on front parking.

My car was broken into. Nothing was stolen but everything was in my glove box was on the floor of my car.

The bed was comfy and it’s located in the middle of everything.

great people comfortable room all in all not a bad stay

bath tub was a little small and the complimentary breakfast was lacking donuts were stale and eggs flavor was off

the room was comfortable nice bed and fantastic air conditioning

Sucked
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My car was broken into at this Hotel parking lot, they broke the passenger side window and took a GPS. The staff were so help less in helping me out.

all in all it was a pretty good stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I would have like more pillow options they were too big. It felt like the AC didn't get the whole room.

I really enjoyed the beds, they were really comfy. The staff at the front desk was extra helpful and nice. The restrooms were spectacularly clean.

Comfortable and clean

I just did not like the coffee that was provided in room. Wish there were more options on that.

There was lotion and shower cap provided! 😊 my room was clean and nice. Felt safe.

Better than most, good value, stay on the quiet side,
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

the building is built in steps up a hill so the hallways are RAMPED in stages very unusual engineering ingenuity. Guest/construction vehicle using entry as exit blocked driveway.

breakfast better than most. Noise ordinance parking lot awesome, super quiet.

excellent and friendly staff
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the noise of the hwy and the computer they had for the guests didn't have a printer hooked up to the computer

the food was over all was hot and very good the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable

It was really good. I was impressed how clean it was.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It had a funny smell, and was cold, but we found the window was open. The hallways were so quiet and so long, it played on my senses like optical illusions.There's only one elevator in the entire hotel, and the place is huge.

Very clean! Even had a little shower cap. Could leave baggage cart at room and they picked it up. The elevator worked well. The man at the desk was really nice.

It was a relatively old hotel, but it has basically everything you need.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

When we checked in, the staff at the front desk was helpful and provided necessary information, like the time of breakfast. She was also kind and interacted nicely with us.

Good value for the price.

The room was spacious and comfortable. I was in town for a half marathon race. I asked for and was given a later check out time so I could clean up before going home. This was a big plus for me since many hotels won't do this.

Friendly and helpful staff, clean room (coffee in the room...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is packed away pretty promptly

Friendly and helpful staff, clean room (coffee in the room was also very good). Good range for breakfast (sausage, different types of egg, toast, cereal, fruit, juices)

my stay was very relaxing, no problems with my stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

no complaints, I like Orangewood very much.

I like the fact that I can walk up to the front desk and extend my stay, also the staff always friendly and provide coffee,towels, etc when asked.

Location and free breakfast
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom was disgusting there was hair everywhere! Someone must have shaved their head or cut all hair off but it was everywhere in our bathroom. It looked like the cleaning staff never even touched the bathroom just laid out more towels. I made sure to wear shoes at all times including while showering.

Location and free breakfast

Good experience
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Wish they had a king bed for me and my boyfriend instead of 2-full size beds. It was small for us to sleep on the full size bed.

Cleanliness, good location, near market, restaurant, gas station

excellent value, would stay again.

Did not run into any particular issues, public areas and halls were always clean, coffee was always full in the lobby and yet you saw few employees.

Breakfast hostess kept the breakfast bar well stocked and always smiled even though the breakfast area was very busy. Though there were renovations on going the public areas were kept very clean.

The room was comfortable and spacious.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was comfortable and spacious. Check in and check out procedures were simple and took very less time to complete. The breakfast was nothing spectacular but filling nonetheless. Ample parking on site too.

Very nice staff and a comfortable bed.

During rush hour, it took 5-10 minutes to reach the hotel from the highway, even with the sign in sight.

Very nice staff and a comfortable bed. Couldn't hear the road inside the room. Solid WiFi, too!

Despite the small parking lot, I would love to stay here again.

Parking lot is small.

The value is amazing.The outside of the building looks a little shady, plus the hallways are sketchy looking, especially since they are under-construction. But the room was amazing! Super nice and comfortable! You won't find a better value for the comfort anywhere else. My room looked exactly like the pictures which is a rarity.

The staff was the most courteous and the accommodations a great value and very reasonable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No complaints here. I liked everything.

Room was very clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was better than typical continental where you just have fruit, cereal and pastry, so this was much better. I really expected less for the money, but got more for the value. I definetly will stay there again.

I had to change hotels. Horrible. Bud lite cans on the side of the property simply unfit

Everything!! Pool is very small. Rooms are ok but the place needs serious work.

Nothing! Too many truck drivers in and out wouldn’t recommend. Very uncomfortable everyone starred as if they never seen a woman before. Even approached me in the halls. Just completely uncomfortable

Decent stay for a night.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was construction going on so parking was limited. We found parking at the back but it reeked of pee. No good vegetarian/vegan options for breakfast, left hungry.

Checking in/out was easy.

A good comfortable stay. Hot items need to be of better quality.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't as good as other hotels that hat have hot items for breakfast. If I liked breads, donuts, and waffles it was a great breakfast. I also didn't like the big digital sign on the property that advertised a rate of $58 for Thursday and Friday while when I directly called the hotel I was told a much higher price for the same days.

Orangewood was clean with friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately, construction was going on and the pool was closed during the day. The hotel is located in a convenient location to restaurants and parks for hiking, sightseeing, and easy access to downtown. A little disappointed in the hot items on the breakfast buffet. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was a bonus.

Not over all impressed was ok not ...

Have to have a car to get a good place to eat nothing decent in walking distance

Not over all impressed was ok not a lot of room in breakfast area closed at 9am during a week day

Clean but not worth the money

The hotel is overpriced. I stayed in a nicer hotel for $100 less the night before, but a different location of course. I noticed that the maids do not replace any blankets. I only saw sheets and towels on their carts. That's disgusting.

Walked around in clean, white socks and they stayed white!! That's a big deal to me! The bed was very comfortable!!

Great hotel and a great price! Very clean and comfortable.

We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was nice, they had recently done some remodeling and you could tell what a big improvement that it made. The staff was friendly and the bed was super comfortable. We really enjoyed the stay and would stay again when in the Austin area.

Will not stay there again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Felt unsafe with the people with people out late at night smoking and caring on with whatever they were doing. The place needs to be cleaned up, security around and people that are not staying there needs to be ask to leave.

I would stay again. Not to far from downtown.

Complementary hot breakfast was excellent. There was way more offered than expected. There were a couple waffle irons for use. Plenty of eggs were put out on the buffet. King room had a microwave and mini fridge.

Not bad, but not great

Room was musty when we got in, though it cleared up once the a.c. was turned on. Tub was not updated or refurbished like the rest of the room.

Fairly easy to get to, friendly staff and comfortable bed

The Orangewood has easy access to downtown, with friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet felt funny to bare feet, like it was damp and a little sticky. Maybe it had been cleaned, as the second night it felt dryer.

I found the staff at the front office to be friendly, attentive and very helpful. The beds were nicely made. The room was a nice size with good air conditioning, nice TV and a generous work desk. There were also plenty of easily accessible power outlets in the room. The bathroom was very clean.

Poor

Dirty, dangerous, this is not a place to stay the night for families, it appeared to have people living there, it was not as advertised, I will not use booking again because my trust in knowing if a site is safe and friendly has been violated.

Fine budget property that's relatively central.

Front desk when we checked in was brilliant, asked questions, gave recommendations. The front desk when we checked out was on the phone for the whole time and only put the phone down briefly to let me know that they were done checking me out.

The room was a good size, bed was comfortable and the breakfast included waffles so that's a win in my book.

Clean, Comfortable Room with Friendly Staff

See above

Staff were very very friendly and accommodating for my request to be on bottom floor. All staff interactions were highly positive! The facility was clean and room was clean. The area of town was a little sketchy, and I felt uncomfortable walking outside, however the parking lot was well-lit. A lot of people were loitering at picnic tables placed in the parking lot. (why picnic tables in a parking lot???) The bathroom, although updated had problems. The shower dripped constantly and the toilet seat was barely hinged to the toilet. But on the positive side: beds were comfortable and room was clean.

It was pleasant nonetheless.

The spacing of the breakfast area. Tables too close to each other. Its weird eating breakfast next to strangers and hearing their conversation or them hearing mine. A little weird and uncomforting to me.

Breakfast was nice. Everything i consumed tasted splendid. There was a variety of breakfast items to choose from, which was nice.

Awesome!!

There was nothing negative I can say. I would say that the pictures need to be updated to better represent their facility. I hope to stay here again the next time I visit Austin.

I liked how clean the facility was and updated everything looked.

Nice, clean hotel.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Construction workers (not the ones working on the hotel) staying in the hotel were banging and thumping around until late and then up at 'mega early' o'clock banging doors with no regard to fellow hotel residents..

Orangewood Inn are in the middle of refurbishing the whole property. What they have done so far is really good. Rooms clean and comfortable.

Good value accomodation. Comfortable and clean.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hot tub at the polls was not blowing warm water. In fact it was not blowing any jets at all. Would have been good if it was working properly.

Substantial hot breakfast included in room rate. Good way to start the day. Easy access to freeway I35 makes it easy to get just about anywhere in Austin and the surrounding areas.

Good experience; I'll be back.

The room was very clean and well-appointed and everything in it worked. The breakfast was very nice. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. I'll be back.

It's a decent place for a decent price.

It smelled like a previous occupant may have smoked in the room and I was worried they would charge me the $150 cleaning fee.

It was the cheapest accommodation.

Really comfortable stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was okay with a car but there is no way to go out without driving.

It was very clean and cozy, the showers were great and the beds comfortable. I also really liked that we had a fridge in our room. The staff was really nice and helpful.

Disappointed!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

rooms need to be more clean, even you could see hair of the last guest on the pillow!, I came 3 hours early to do the paper work and if they can assign a room, and that even was not possible.

???

Not bad for one night, but I wouldn't recommend.

The hotel was under renovation. I was not told about the renovation when I booked. The room smelled. The ac was noisy.

Plenty of pillows. Staff let me check in early, but had to put me in a room with 2 beds rather than the king I had reserved. It was raining and I had an early start, so I appreciated them for that.

It was easy to find and adequate.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The noise (at 5:30 the staff was preparing breakfast and talking quite loudly as they dropped pots/pans. Security guards were talking all night.

The fruit salad was delicious and fresh!