Reviews of City Center Hotel Milwaukee 3 stars

#48 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

5.6

ridiculously expensive for such facilities. +200$/night
    • Business King Room

the good things: + I am sure I will feel very comfortable to stay in any hotel in the future after staying in this hotel for a few nights. + I felt I was back in old days for free to see those old facilites that only can be seen in movies.

Needs renovations
    • Quadruple Room

Phone in room didn't work. Tv Remote didn't work. The carpet smelled and looked dirty. The hallways were stinky.

The location was great and the bed was comfortable.

Location was where we wanted and there was an out door pool.
    • Quadruple Room

Overall it feels dirty and dingy. Musty smell as soon as you enter. The window in the room was caulked shut so no fresh air. The floor in the room felt like walking on a damp sponge.

Location was where we wanted and there was an out door pool.

Get Hammered Before You Sleep Herel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The propertie was dirty the floor of our hotel room was sticky the lamps where all turned upside down there was a hole in the ceiling the tub was dirty. It was a very grimy place to be.

The hotel was in a pretty good location for downtown activities, that's pretty much their only plus.

Terrible WiFi that ruined my whole stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible WiFi (I cannot imagine there are still hotels like this with such mid-1990s internet problems!!!! House keeping was also terrible. I was there 4 nights and they only renewed the coffee supply once! shampoo supply twice, etc.... I cannot believe they were this stingy on very basic services!!!!

Bed was big and comfortable, had motorcycle parking which...

Bed was big and comfortable, had motorcycle parking which was nice. Also a bar and restaurant on the premises. Was actually able to sleep until 10AM without hearing doors slamming.

Very low quality
    • Business King Room

Checking in was a very long process that took 45 minutes. When I eventually got to my room, it turns out someone already booked it and was there. Then I had to go wait in line for another half hour to get it fixed. The room itself also leaked water from the ceiling and the drywall was soft and spongy. The hotel also has very limited parking.

Good location. It's close to downtown.

Enjoyed the proximity to ball park and wedding location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No fridge in room. Pillows way to soft. Front counter staff were unhappy and not friendly on arrival. Property dated and needs upgrade

Close to all facilities that we needed. Easy to find. Bed was comfortable

They are still holding my card for an extra $200 from my...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They are still holding my card for an extra $200 from my stay 3 days ago. The front desk didn’t tell me they would do that or when I would get that money back.

Would never stay here again knowing what we know. The staff was so nice and responsive but we have
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything looked outdated and old and not very clean. I would eat in that restaurant because he looked sleazy! Some one was smoking on our floor and that smell permeated our room too. We put towels down to block the smell from coming into our room. The hair dryer worked after we fiddled with it.

The cost and the locations - we could walk everywhere we needed to go.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in need of a serious remodeling. For the price I paid, I could have stayed at a more luxury hotel. There was no continental breakfast, the pool had no water, and they wanted to charge extra for a microwave in my room. All the funiture was way out dated.

The location.

The air conditioning was broke and the free breakfast was...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning was broke and the free breakfast was underwhelming. However, we were accommodated with a fan. Oh and the pool was also out of service.

The location near the Amtrak station and public transit, as...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The size of beds was advertised as double, but two people could hardly fit into the bed without one of them roll over the side.

The location near the Amtrak station and public transit, as well as the price relative to nearby hotel chains

This place needs to be gutted or torn down. Filthy and rundown
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. From the check-in taking forever to the filthy hotel, filthy room , outlets that didn’t even hold plugs to charge electronics. Stains on sheets , random broken glass on bathroom counter, smelled musty and moldy. It just felt dirty and I have my doubts that our room was even cleaned before we checked in.

Nothing this place was disgusting. We cancelled our second night and left. The property refunded our second night. I have been home for 24 hours and my skin is still crawling from how dirty this place was. I’ve stayed in older motels than this that were better kept. Location was good that is the only plus. Most things were walking distance. Kind of a sketchy pocket of the city though and I am familiar with Milwaukee too.

Young gentleman who checked us in had incredible customer...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Broken toilet paper holder, dirty carpets, guests and employees smoking and talking the entire night through 5am on a ledge directly outside our room, broken hair dryer and very scratchy towels.

Young gentleman who checked us in had incredible customer service skills.

It was okay i know not to stay there
    • Business King Room

How dirty it was and rude the employees were and they weren’t there to please their guest

The breakfast was a muffin and coffee or the occasional bagels, the room wasn’t cleaned well before us, the elevators weren’t good. Staff wasn’t very nice. In a week time we never saw the same person.

I liked the location.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The room was not as updated as the site made I look and as I expected it to be. There was no evidence guide needed our book and we did not like that the tv was by the couch and not the bed. It was not worth 300$ a night.

I liked the location.

I really expected more with even basic amenities. Smoke smell was very unpleasant.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t get wi fi in room, only in lobby. Room smelled like stale smoke. AC and telephone did not work. No cleaning service. Tiny wastebaskets overflowing. Tiny plastic Ice bucket I had to refill every hour. It really could have had a mini fridge. Lights didn’t work properly on the elevator.

Close to Marquette campus.

Worst hotel stay I have ever had.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Turn the air on. Room was very warm. Hard to sleep. Comforter on bed was torn , stuffing coming out. Restaurant was only open for breakfast our first day. Then hotel must of gotten busy, now it it was open all day. Service was lousy. Sorry, but I will never use Ramada again. Or any other that is associated with Ramada.

Location was great. I could walk to the Harley Davidson museum and down to the lake.

Will never stay in Ramada again for allowing conditions like this in their chain .
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel is not in any shape to operate . Stained popcorn ceilings throughout , air conditioning did not work , drains don't drain and dirty . Don't stay here !

Worst hotel stay ever. Sorry I didn't pay more money to stay someplace else
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

While my room was mostly clean, the hotel itself was a little shabby and sad. Also, when I went to take a shower, the bath towels were distinctly damp. How does that happen?! When I checked in, I was told the AC "had not been turned on yet." ????? So the room was stuffy. and if you turned the fan up to high, it clanked loudly. At four o'clock in the morning I was woken by loud talking and raucous laughter from a group standing outside the front of the hotel and right under my FOURTH FLOOR window. Went to call the desk and the phone didn't work. Tried to tough it out until the hotel took steps to shut the people up. Finally had to get my cell phone and call from the outside and was told they were just sending security to make them stop. A good 20 minutes after they woke me up. Really? The desk clerk took that long to figure it out? And if I heard them that clearly on the fourth floor, I would have hated to be on floor 2 or 3!

The location and the "less expensive" hotel part were the only good things about this place. Oh, the staff was nice but the place was a dump.

Good location for going around town.
    • Business King Room

Concierge was extremely rude and bothered she had to assist us; we had two cars and are only allowed one in the lot and she didn’t help us find another lot near by or make any suggestions.

Good location for going around town. Multiple mirrors in and out of the bathroom and a hairdryer provided.

New carpet and a coat of paint would go a long way.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I paid over $200 for a hotel room that should have cost me $50. It's just an old beat up hotel in the city that needs someone to invest a lot of time and money to fix it up. I feel like I got ripped off. Thanks a lot.

This was the most disgusting, filthy room I have ever stayed in!!!
    • Business King Room

Our room was FILTHY! I will never stay here again. Hair in the tub and you could tell the bathroom had not been cleaned. 2 out of 4 light bulbs burnt out in the bathroom. Furniture is old and broken. TV stand broken. Carpets stained. I was highly disappointed and disgusted. Then the rate I was quoted is NOT what is on my bill and will be calling the credit card company to investigate this. We stay in Milwaukee many times yearly and wanted to give this property a try. What a mistake. This is the worst hotel I have stayed in, in Milwaukee.

It was a cheap evening stay but very outdated.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty rooms in need of major updates. No vent fan in bathroom so it got extra steamy. Breakfast sucked even at a discount rate. Elevators were slow and tiny. Mattresses were well worn.

It was the cheapest stay in the area

Nice place for the price. Free parking!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed in room 507. The thermostat in the room didn’t work so the room was warm. Luckily we didn’t stay in the room too long and it was cooler weather outside.

For the price, this hotel is a great place to sleep at night. Parking is free which is a bonus. The front desk staff were very helpful. Very close to I-94 and other places. There is a little restaurant/bar attached to the building. We ordered a burger and fries to eat when we got there. It was pretty good. I asked staff for late check out and they were able to accommodate my request. Overall a good place to stay in downtown milwaukee that is basic . Remember you get what you pay for so it definitely is not luxury accommodations.

Decent for price but not much more
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bar tender was in bad mood and closed bar at 11:30 PM after a brewer game with over 20 people in bar. Also make one of the worst gin and tonics I've ever had. Also during the night the air conditioning wasn't working for my whole floor and window was caulked shut, very hot even though it was 45 degrees outside. Feel like may be a fire code violation?

Decent place overall

The beds were comfortable, but facilities were lacking, and the place has clearly seen better days.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No mini fridge or microwave. The ice machine in the hall didnt work. I had to run to a local store to get ice. For a time the elevator didnt work. Had to climb the stairs.

I put a chair against our door once we were in for the evening
    • Business King Room

Dirty. Sketchy elevator. TV didn't work until I spent 10 minutes on it. Street noise was loud due to windows. Towel racks pulling out of the walls. Huge gap under the door. Vehicle next to us had windows smashed out.

Decent but overpriced on the night we stayed.
    • Business King Room

While not rundown, it clearly could use updating. Because there must have been some event going on the price was about $100 more per night than this hotel would normally charge so it was overpriced for the level of quality. The only reason we stayed there was the other hotels had jacked up their prices also.

Less expensive than other nearby hotels but still overpriced.

The location and staff were great. The facility needs to be updated.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The facility needs a refresh it has not been done in a very long time. The room was comfortable but needs to be updated.

The location to our conference was only 1 block away, so the location was great. We so appreciated having free parking. The staff was great.

I would suggest not to stay there. Even if it was free!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was dirty! Bed sheets were dirty. Bathroom was not scrubbed clean. They never vacuumed. Garbage cans had no bag. Heat was stuck on had to leave window open all night to sleep.

The whole building is dirty. Smelled of marijuana. The whole building is in need of repair. Do not stay there!!!

It was disappointing on the food and entertainment aspect.
    • Business King Room

The restaurant and bar were closed the whole time we were there making it very inconvenient and disappointing to myself and my boyfriend. If I had known in advantage it wouldn't be open i can honestly say i would of cancelled my stay and not recommend it to anyone.

When we go back in a couple of weeks we will choose another location for comfort
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we checked into smelled of smoke, the second room was cold and we turned the heat on. After an hour of not warming up we called and the heat was off (it's March yet). We could here the neighbors talking in the next room during the night.

The location.

Good value for the price and I would return again.
    • Business King Room

The proximity where I was for business made it ideal. I didn’t want to pay a lot so this was in my range and my expectations were met. Friendly front desk staff as well

I didn't like how dirty the room was.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like how dirty the room was. There was dirt like stuff wiped all on the curtains and walls. I also didn't like there were no cameras in the hallways, staircases, or elevators.

Hotel was good, other guests were not.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People were really loud in the halls at 2am and very very drunk, didnt get much sleep. That's not the hotels fault though.

Overall good hotel. No complaints that were directly the hotel's fault or issue.

Bed was quite comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Condition of the hotel itself. Really run down. Room hadn't been dusted. Rusty, broken doorstop in bathroom. Ripped sheets, stained towels. Thermostat broken in room so it was super hot in the room.

Bed was quite comfortable. Staff was VERY friendly and courteous. Water pressure excellent in shower.

Location prevented me from leaving
    • Business King Room

Don’t expect fancy. I’m not picky and wasn’t bothered by the bad reviews saying the place was outdated, not the cleanest, ect. While all of those things were true, after the show and bars we get to the room around 3 AM to find the AC unit blowing air so hot that it was literally painful to the touch. The room felt like a sauna. I’m someone who enjoys a cool climate and prefers some noise while sleeping. I TRY to call the front desk.. phone in the room doesn’t work. We call from our cell phone, get connected and are told to just shut off the AC unit. Mind you I explained how ungodly hot it was. I was getting so claustrophobic and FINALLY was able to open the window (no screen behind). I put my face out the window for 10 minutes and the room finally felt like I could breathe again. NEXT. Walls are paper thin. I literally had a conversation with 2 separate housekeeper who kept banging on my door while I was still lying in bed. Will not stay again.

The location was perfect for our comedy show trip, especially knowing it was only 1 night and we wouldn’t be in the room long. Free parking.

I like the location of the Ramada, its easy to get to from...

I don't like that they don't have a fridge or microwave in the rooms.

I like the location of the Ramada, its easy to get to from the Highway and easy to get downtown. I like that they include parking with your room, These are the reasons I usually stay there.

Staff was very helpful but this place needs lots of updating.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was very helpful but this place needs lots of updating. Door card didn't work so we're given another room. Light didn't work, seemed to have electrical outlet problems.

A nice place in downtown to lay your head for the night
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was not aware of the 100 dollar deposit but i did get it back. The ac did not work soni had to crack the window. The facility was a lil outdated . and i had to call maintainance to unclog my toilet. Over all it was a pleasant place to lay your head and if ur not a picky person you will be fine.

The area was perfect and room was clean. I will come again

Location, near places we visited.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mattress needed to be replaced, sagged very badly in the middle. No continental breakfast or even coffee in the lobby.

Location, near places we visited.

Location to downtown Milwaukee.

When we walked into our room the heat was on max. I shut it completely off. We were off to the Bucks game at the Bradley Center so we headed to the elevator. We got in and the elevator got stuck on the way down. If I didn’t pry the door open we would still be there. Luckily all we had to do was step down a foot and we were on the first level. I told the girl at the front desk about it and she didn’t seem to care. Came back that night and the heat was so hot in our room we couldn’t sleep. Thermostats do not work. We had 2 rooms and both were the same. Found out to turn it off you have to turn it to 90 not OFF. We will not stay here again.

Location to downtown Milwaukee.

Close to WI Center.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lock on my door didn't work and the faucet leaked all over the counter when it was off (like through the bottom.

Close to WI Center. Shower pressure was awesome.

didnt sleep well at all!
    • Business King Room

I had higher expectations for the Ramada Downtown however I found out that the parking wasn't free the microwave cost $10 for a refrigerator cost $10 the swimming pool on site is outside in my room wasn't the most updated or clean

Easy access to the Interstate.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bar wasn't open during the week. The rooms were pretty drab. The beds weren't very comfortable. The coffee pot in the room didn't work. Booking on line meant that I didn't get my AARP discount.

Easy access to the Interstate. Only a short cab ride to the Bradley Center. Complimentary coffee and muffins in the lobby in the morning.

Good location, close to downtown and Harley Museum
    • Business King Room

Room is simple, don't expect luxury. Specifically, bath looks quite old, actually the whole room looks old.

It's an inexpensive hotel, at a walking distance to downtown and Harley Davidson Museum. It has good internet service and free parking, and also a good breakfast, not included in the rate, but with fair prices.

close to the museum Harley-Davidson museum
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Of course I exchanged the room but there is no bed makeup in the room where I first received the key. No refrigerator ($ 10 per day), no microwave, I will never stay.

close to the museum Harley-Davidson museum

Charged me $300 extra
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gave me a $300 hold upon check in on my debit card, which was not communicated originally. 72 hours later and they still have not returned it. I know multiple others who stayed there this weekend that had this money taken from them as well. Going to be reporting them to the BBB for their fraudulent practices of withholding deposits without reason.

Absolutely NOTHING!
    • Deluxe King Suite

they charged us 3 times for an amount of $570... Only 2 nights was $570 and they charged my card a total of 3 times and it took 14 days to get over a grand back into my back account... Most rude service ever gotten, have been traveling my entire life. Never dealt with such horrile workers of any company ever.

Absolutely NOTHING!

Decent place to stay during a conference
    • Business King Room

The hotel is a bit old, rooms feel worn. There were a lot of students there partying for Halloween so the atmosphere was a little loud. When I checked in I was asked a lot of personal questions, perhaps to verify my identity, but I did not like it. They shouldn't treat adults the way they were treating the students checking in.

I liked the walkability of the city. They let me drop my bag with them twice which allowed me to walk around when I didn't have the room yet or anymore.

1) There was major problems with the central heating system:...
    • Business King Room

1) There was major problems with the central heating system: first, it was not turned on, even though it was end of October and pretty cold; then, at my request they gave me a space heater but it broke within a few hours; finally, they turned the heating on, but the room thermostat showed temperature incorrectly. 2) Toilet was not flushing well, you had to hold the flush handle for many seconds. 3) WiFi internet was not reliable, kept dropping out.

Everything fine except WiFi.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WiFi could be way better. It is very important when traveling on business, often I even have to work remotely and this part was completely screwed up. I only could get things done by setting a local hot spot on my mob phone.

Everything fine except WiFi. It was disappointing that often the speed would drop beyond any resonable limit. The signal was good but the bandwith was not.

Okay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms! I was moved to 3 rooms before we could settle in. 1st one had no AC and was very hot 2md smelt like chlorine very very strong. 3rd had broken glass on the floor. After I picked it up and showed the front desk all their response was thanks. Very bad Customer service !!!!

Close to where my event venue.

Front desk was slow, our keys did not work after waiting 15...
    • Business King Room

Front desk was slow, our keys did not work after waiting 15 minutes in line plus 15 minutes for the desk clerk to check us in. Building and rooms have not changed in the last half century. Not worth the money at all.

Staff very help full rooms clean, bed comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place needs a refurb as holes in wall, lights not working carpets need a good clean. Room clean but breakfast better out of hotel.

Staff very help full rooms clean, bed comfortable.

The room was run down.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was run down. The bathroom door had to be lifted up to pull it shut,and the air conditioner, made a horrible rattling noise and hardly cooled the room. The condition was very poor for a Ramada Inn, and I would not recommend it or stay there again. Also the hotel was fully booked on the 2nd night and it was next to impossible to find parking, and the parking lot was not well lit after dark and I felt very uncomfortable with a small child having to park so far from the entrance and walking in the dark.

You could walk to the 3rd ward and tourist areas (1.
    • Business King Room

HORRIBLE. Worker barged into our room with another guest. WiFi did not work. Bathroom vent and hair dryer were broken. Air conditioning did not work in some guest rooms and the gym. Three pieces of equipment in gym were broken. Dirty, out-of-date, unconcerned staff.

You could walk to the 3rd ward and tourist areas (1.5 ish miles).

Dirty, worn, outdated hotel.
    • Business King Room

The word that sums up our room is gross. It smelled musty. It felt damp. The entire hotel is not only old, it's worn down. Our wallpaper was peeling, carpets were stained, and paint was chipped. It was the cheapest room in the area, but I would have gladly paid more for a nicer room elsewhere if I had known what I was in store for.

The location was good as was the on-street parking.

Fantastic Location for downtown & train depot
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant didn't have the $8.95 option as it was closed all week. Pool was drained for the season- it was really hot this week. Bulk of restaurants were a ways away, but many were within walking distance.

Katie the desk clerk was extremely helpful locating places- great PR person with positive upbeat nature. I remembered her from last year. Proximity to train, downtown area, buses....

The tv had poor connection, but they quickly moved us to a...

No refrigerator in room

The tv had poor connection, but they quickly moved us to a new room. I liked how they called after a few minutes of getting settled in to see how we liked the room.

The beds were very comfy.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lost Laundry ??? My daughter in laws clothes were in a RAMADA LAUNDRY BAG that could not be found after our room was cleaned. 70.00 worth of clothing. Desk said they would check... nothing found. Hmmmmmm I doubt the dude outside the hotel entrance panhandling for " a few dollars" that took the bag of clothes... anyway, He'd look silly in ladies size small workout pants, and underwear.

The beds were very comfy.

the bed was comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was dirty, outdated, needed refurbishment, wifi connection not present in our bedroom, receptionist was not very helpful when we asked questions about restaurants etc for the night. Overall bad value for money!

the bed was comfortable

Old, tired hotel, not up to hygiene standards. Go someplace else.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom shower head was nasty! It was black with mold. There was mold on the walls and shower curtain. I reported it to the manager who seemed apologetic. This is an aging hotel that is not up to standard. The health department needs to have a good look at this place. No discount or compensation was offered.

Desk staff were ok, handled an issue in the room right away when I noticed a spot/stain on the bottom sheet on my bed.

Helpful staff and great location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness wasn't horrible but definitely leaves something to be desired. I walked around in the room with shoes on because the carpet felt a little gross. There was orange mildew on the shower head and some of our towels had stains on them (probably from make-up but, really, who knows). We used their safe deposit box behind the front desk. It was located just around the corner to the side of the front desk. I wasn't worried about it because the staff seemed quite trustworthy. It was, however, a short-sighted decision to put the boxes in that location because the traveler actually loses sight of the safe box momentarily as they put it away and lock it up.

Staff and location were fantastic. Centrally located in downtown and decently easy access to the freeways. Walkable to many locations nearby. While the location was good, the staff members here are what makes the hotel shine like a gem. Every staff member that we encountered was friendly and helpful. Jasmyn at the front desk executed a truly painless checkin for two road-weary travelers and gave us helpful information without being boring (just the right amount of info without droning with too many details at 1am). Safe deposit box access was painless being located right at the front desk.

It turned out great
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived and they did not have any reservations for us which I booked with booking.com six weeks in advance the manager was kind enough to find us rooms anyway we were a party of 12 people and they were no doubles available he put us in suites for the price of doubles and the rooms were very nice and clean and comfortable

Crappy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaning the room, changing towels and add toiletry needs to be reminded daily. No coffee. Shower and faucet clogged. Old building with old furniture including the mattress

Close to event

Older dirty hotel with free parking.
    • Business King Room

The room we stayed in was extremely dirty, stains on the comforter, dust in the corners, Spider webs on the window, drink stains on the walls. Was disappointing.

The staff were extremely friendly. The hotel offered free onsite parking.

Nice outdoor pool, good parking, quiet, GOOD restaurants nearby. Close to lakefront parks & museums.
    • Business King Room

Sorry, there's no other way to describe it: Carpet in the fourth floor hallway was well-worn and dank. I'm guessing at one time it was a smoking wing. It was pretty foul, and therefore does not rate romance status. Biker status? Sure, ok.

Rm 403. The room itself was quite nice & clean, although the bathroom ceiling had obviously seen it's fair share of water from Rm 503. The a/c worked well and was quiet. business king bed was fabulous.

Place was clean and close to the train station.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant was closed and it seemed permanently. I was promised a upper floor room with a city view, but was offered a 2nd floor room with a non-city view. I didn't make a big deal of it, but was slightly aggravated. Also, the hotel is sort of a block away from the main downtown streets and location seems a little seedy. I was approached by a very aggressive street person who said I should not be afraid as he was not a robber but said I should give him money since he was just out of jail. He suggested $50!

Place was clean and close to the train station. Price was certainly right!

Good value, will stay again when visiting Milwaukee.
    • Business King Room

Bathroom sink was slow, damp smell from evident leak in shower or toilet fixtures.

Very clean, quiet. Furnishings and carpeting clean but worn. Free parking was great. Staff was friendly.

No housekeeping. Room not cleaned.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Almost complete lack of housekeeping. Towels never taken unless I called. One bed made and one unmade?! Trash taken out of waste basket and left on dresser. No vacuuming. Shower never cleaned. Last day room wasn't touched at all!

Across from Marquette. Heart of the city. Able to walk downtown.

The pool was very nice and clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a terrible odor. The building was run down, needed updating. Drapes were torn. One of elevators was not working and we needed to use the stairs.

The pool was very nice and clean. The shower was ok. The staff was very friendly.

Horrible .
    • Business King Room

The sheets were dirty and actually had stains on them . It was a 90 degree day and I had a late checked in . The air conditioner did not work and maintenance was unable to fix . Now did they have availability to switch to another room. I plan on calling to see if I can get my money back on my stay. Absolute horrible experience .

The front desk person was nice

Browse City Center Hotel Milwaukee traveller photo gallery