Reviews of Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth 2 stars

6.1

5.9

Not an enjoyable stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of out door areas. Example dried dog poo there for the three days. There were a lot of long stay people. They were changing oil etc on their cars in the car park. A lot of very suspect looking people. We did not feel safe.

Room was nice

No security- asked for do not disturb sign twice, never...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

No security- asked for do not disturb sign twice, never received and told not to enter rooms but did anyway People fighting and screaming all night long Smokers everywhere, my non-smoking room smelled like smoke all the time Smokers lined up outside non-smoking rooms, told attendant, didn’t seem to care Cigarette butts everywhere but in the receptacles No hot water, it was warm though Bed smelled like someone just slept on it Had room for three nights, disgusting

It was quiet and the bed was clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

It was a non smoking room, but the room reeked of cigarette smoke The bedspread didn't seem clean and the outside door seemed a bit unsafe

It was quiet and the bed was clean and comfortable

was a quite place, so was perfect for rest after a long day...
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

the WiFi signal could be much better and breakfast could be included, not just coffee

was a quite place, so was perfect for rest after a long day at work

We enjoyed our stay and will defiantly come back!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The WiFi didn’t work well for us.

The bed were comfortable. I loved that the cleaning crew came everyday. We were able to get clean sheets and towels whenever we needed it.

Love this hotel..

It's in plymouth.

No breakfast at all. Coffee in warmers only. We were ok with no breakfast and coffee in warmers because the rooms are all remodeled and updated and very clean..

It was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The p.m staff could not find my reservation, but luckily they had rooms available and she also didnt give me the free wifi password.

The male manager was nice

It was close to the two places I needed to be the next day
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The towels were stained, ripped and not really fresh. The bathroom was awful because the door knob wasn't attached properly and you had to fight for it to be locked. Not a good experience

It was close to the two places I needed to be the next day

xVery good for a person or persons doing a staycation
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Well let’s just say a lot of riffraff on the premises smoking marijuana not a good thing for folks coming out of town looking for place To relax

The newly Remodeling

An okay place for a decent price in a great location.
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The main concern with the door opening directly to the outside was the one inch gap between the door frame and the bottom of the door. I put a towel along the bottom of the door to prevent a draft. The room was tiny, but otherwise comfortable.

The decor was updated and the price was good.

Enough said: miserable!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The condition of the property added to the people it attracts made for an unsafe and even scary experience. We booked a 3 day stay but checked out after one day. You should eliminate this relationship.

Absolutely nothing!

Unless you're desperate, spend a little more and stay somewhere decent.
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Huge bend in the door let a freezing cold draft in. A/c unit was busted and all the buttons had been pushed so hard they broke. The tv had 0 working channels and I couldn't search for any because the remote was incorrect. Even though it was the cheapest place to stay, I would never book a room here again. Its a run down motel with busted doors and janky outdated appliances.

Met the bare necessities
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no iron or coffeemaker in the room. Hair dryers should be provided in each room- it’s Minnesota and that weekend was snowy and cold.

I liked the comfort of the bed. It was quiet.

The room was okay for what I needed it to be (a place to sleep). But gross.
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The sheets on the bed were stained (dirty). There were a bunch of lady bugs in the room. The toilet seat was dirty and had hair on it. Bathroom curtain seemed to have mildew on it. Residents near us were smoking pot in a no smoking zone

Since all the other rooms was taken, we needed a place to sleep, so this was it.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

CON: The room stunk of cigarette smoke as the linens did, the room was dirty, the room was not clean. From floor to the ceiling. Just a stinky room. There was no Wi-Fi at all as we never got the password

Pro: that the bed was't a trampoline, and the shower was great.

It was close to my parents and next ro Broadway an awesone...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They charged me a deposit without telling me, the rooms were small with obsenities wrote on the walls and my daughter is 6 and learning to read and she found it...

It was close to my parents and next ro Broadway an awesone restaurant...

Short and sweet
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The desk said I was not registered even though I filled all the out on line. So then went to car got IPad and showed him the confirmation. Then he found it. The rooms had no noise insulation from water or very late voices. No Breakfast and rotten Euro coffee.

We will never stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Housekeeping banged on our door at 8am. We were sleeping and if we hadn't got up and looked out the window, they probably would have come right in. I told the office person, and all he said was "pretty early, eh!". Not helpful or professional. Also, when we got there, four or 5 men were standing on the balcony drinking beer and just staring at us. They were staying there also and made it very creepy, especially for my young daughters, since our room was directly below them.

great
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

didn't know how to use the fridge at first and my room wasn't ready by 3. but they did check it right away. I came at 3:06 and wished they could've had it ready when check in was at 3.

overall, best cheap hotel i've been to.

It was comfortable and quiet but don't let the pictures fool you the room was only about half the si
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was not the size that it was depicted in the pictures. Also there is some repairs and painting that needed to be done in the particular room I was in. Also am I next to the last night there several roaches or crawling in my room which really freak me out

The bed was comfortable and it was relatively quiet there

Room looked and smelled awful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. There were broken drawers. The doors didn't close easily. Around the front door it was dirty. It smelled like cigarettes even though it was supposed to be non-smoking.

The staff was friendly

Expensive with a bad, unprepared door latch mechanism.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll In Shower

When I moved into my room on Wednesday the plate in the door that contained the door latch and dead bolt was missing a screw and was loose; the dead bolt was inoperable. I told the maid about it and she told me that a maintenance report had been filed. It hadn't been fixed by Friday, so I checked with the person on duty at the desk, and a maintenance report had been filed. When I checked out on Sunday the problem had STILL not been fixed. The loose plate stuck out and it could have been a hazard, although it never did hurt me.

It was reasonably convenient to restaurants, shopping,and the place where I danced.

Thinking of staying there... Don't.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was smoking, nonsmoking requested. Could not be changed. No wifi in the room. Room looked grimy. Gave up after two days and went to the ramada next door.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was comfortable to be in.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The bathroom door needed some work. It didn't want to shut all of the way and if it did it was difficult to open.

It was just a nice quiet place to spend the night.

Plymouth is a pretty town.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Plymouth is a pretty town. Hotel was close to relatives who live in the area. I felt safe; property was quiet, slept like a baby!😎 Came in late one night and desk staff made a fresh pot of coffee for me-I appreciate that!

Price cheap. You get what you pay for
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Bathroom shower left water all over the floor. They also allow pets. Dog poop was all the was down the hall. They did not come back and clean my room when I wasn't ready for them The first time.

Sheets were clean

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Needed a hairdryer
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

I assumed there would be a hairdryer but there wasn't. Also, no coffee service in the room, but was available in the lobby. Otherwise we were very comfortable.

Very convenient from Interstate and had plenty of food near by. Great for pets!

I would have paid 10 dollars more to stay at the Ramada across the street.
    • Superior King Room Disability Access-Non Smoking

A lot of random people hanging out in the parking lot drinking. A couple had a physical altercation right in front of my car. The room had been updated but since the door opens right up to the parking lot it was loud.

Vacation 2017 Minnesota
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Floor was filthy. No pool. People a few doors down were smoking marijuana.

Staff tried to be helpful. Pets were FREE!!! Water pressure was good, fast hot water. Video surveillance.

Convenient and good value.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The exterior could use an upgrade.Should have a designated smoking area away from the building so you don't have to walk through smokers to get to your room.

The bathroom,vanity,flooring had been nicely upgraded. Water pressure was great. The room was nice, clean good value for the price. I felt safe traveling alone.

You get what U pay for...hopefully
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Free pizza with drinks was very undercooked n bland, while their usual dinner pizza is great. In this case..."You get what U pay for!"

At the hotel, the desk operator tried to let us check in early, which we had requested before arrival; but instead when we came back at the time we were told...we waited a good time before a room was ready. (The price was three dollars less. However, though the room was adequate...it was not the more superior room that we had booked? Happy hour at the adjacent restaurant came with free pizza slices. The waitress was very nice n let us sit at the edge of the bar n still have the free pizza.

Good value for the price
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll In Shower

You can tell that this location is showing its age. The bed spread and sheet had cigarette holes.

The room had a safe and well designed desk/chair that was more utilized than other motels/hotels I've stayed at. Also this room had more lighting than other locations.

Good Motel for the money
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff were extra helpful. A storm with hail blew through the morning before leaving, the roof started leaking. They gave us a discount before we could ask for one.

Adequate for a one-night stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Room was smaller than I expected and bathroom was tiny. Bathroom door was old and wouldn't close completely. No coffee maker. Not enough lighting.

Beds were comfortable. Had a fridge and microwave. Room was very clean, smelled nice.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The clerk was friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The bathroom floor could have been cleaner. The water leaked out of the shower which made the floor by the tub wall quite wet. Luckily there were plenty of towels to clean it up.

The clerk was friendly and helpful.

The door was vulnerable to break-in.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The door was vulnerable to break-in. The wood frame was weak and it is open to the outside air. Also I could see lots of daylight around the door. The beds were a little too hard.

Plymouth Red roof Inn , all, enjoyable and relaxation at this Hotel,,, beds very comfortable
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

I wanted to stay another day,,,,, had to leave,,, I was so relaxed and comfortable here.

McDonald's was close by also, and a Barbecue place too.

Worst stay ever
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Everything. The staff was rude. The bedding had burn holes all over them. I had to clean off the toilet because there was pubic hair everywhere. It was noise and it just didnt seem like a safe place. There was a sign on the door alerting us to make sure all 3 locked were locked for our safety.

I got charged 3 times for the one room one night stay. The staff was rude and unwilling to help get it all figured out until I got upset and questioned them about it.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

The individual at the front desk, she was very accommodating.
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

When I first arrived, she booked me into a double and I had reserved a king had to get my room changed. Bed was hard as a rock pillows also.

The individual at the front desk, she was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Perfectly fine budget hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

During my stay, there was an excessive wind storm in the middle of winter. Nothing could be done about that, but the wind howled around the door and kept me awake a lot.

Perfectly fine budget hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

It was the most horrible, stressful stay I have ever had in any hotel!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Within the time I was there. I was bugged three times after telling the staff yes I would like to stay another night. The staff made me wait till around 11:00am for toilet paper even after being down in the office at 4:00am trying to get some for my room. I didn't have a remote for my TV and when I went down to the desk to get one they said they were all out,but when I talked to the manager the next morning she said they don't run out of those and even called me a list when I told her what my problems were. The internet was not working properly at this location, and in the end when I went down to pay for another day I in the end got threatened to be kicked out because of how upset I was at them and their job willing to make me a customer that is sick with pnimonia at least a little happy and relaxed here at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Had mic and fridge would have liked to know that when at...
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Huge pot hole center of parking lot not good for steering components. Also could put door weather strip on prevent cold air seeping in could see daylight in the am.

Had mic and fridge would have liked to know that when at store grabbing snacks for the night.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was dirty , there was shady people hanging out , a small amount of domestic disturbance, the police seemed to be there several times, there was no TV remote and no coffee pot. I have never been to a hotel cheap or other wise that didn't have a coffee pot. Our room in particular looked like it had some serious issues. I am don't think I will be staying at a Red Roof again!!! Fair!!!! i wouldn't give it a 2!!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Fine discount place for simple stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Just FYI; door seals are very bad, you can see daylight thru edges of doors even when door is closed! Cold air just whistles thru. You could save a lot on electric / heating bill if they were sealed better.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Pure crap!!!
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Smoking

Everything coulda been better. Staff sucked besides for cleaning staff. Not a good cleaning staff, but friendly. Never got room that was booked, two weeks after booking. Suddenly awoken to connections from water supply to tank of toilet decided to but loose shooting water everywhere in bathroom. Had to move rooms in middle of evening in -30 degree weather. Had water shooting all over me soaking my clothes and in walk to get new key for new room beard was still wet and had frozen solid. When asked if there would be some kind of compensation got told I would need to talk to someone upon check-out. Was told they had to investigate and I was to call back an HR later to speak with manager, after 3 calls later spanning 4 hrs I guess the manager finally decided to take my call. Only to be told the damage to toilet was caused by dig by chewing on it.... Lol. I have a big black lab and no way he could contort in such a small area to even achieve this. When we were awoken he was on other bed. Why also take the time and worry about what your pet is doing and cleaning up after it and taking precautions if after all this be told no credit given because old room had a foul odor in it and was so bad you couldn't sit in room. Funny when kidz and gf stopped by to visit night before and made comments about how it actually smelt good for a hotel room,, almost as if at a pool. Cancelled all future bookings and I had a few due to new homelessness situation. Will never go back and not will people I know, shady business. Beware before hand about bringing pet, u may have an unpleasant experience and express that to them but rather than rectifying situation they make worst and lie to cover their own costs.

Cleaning staff wasn't very good but they were friendly.

NEVER STAY HERE
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

The groups of people hanging out in the parking lot. The tire squeezing. The constant noise that sounded like it was coming from right outside your door.

Nothing. It's actually seems like a rent by the hour dive then somewhere you'd actually pick to stay over night.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Poor Conditions
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

Awful room conditions, very poor conditions, flooring curled up, walls scratched, bedding was very old..Paint splatters on the floor, shady people walking around the front office.

Price. Clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

good. not sure if we will ever return.
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Smoking

Cleanliness. Bathroom wasnt the cleanest. Sidewalks out side rooms we passed by couldve been cleaner. Parking lot too.. We couldnt open windows in a smoking room either...

How close it was to our event...and price was best. Even though there were many other choices very close!!!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Good value
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Comforter had cigarette burns.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Room had a fridge, microwave, and WiFi. It is also pet friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

It was not the best but it was okay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the toilet wouldn't flush on the first or second try. Very annoying. I didn't like that the front desk person argued with me about my reservation.If they can get those things together it would be a 3 star hotel.

I liked that it was clean. I liked that they offered free tea and coffee in the morning.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Quiet and safe for all
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I wish the prices for long term were less we stayed for over a month and didn't get to much of a break

I liked being able to walk my dog even at night and felt safe.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Air conditioner broken
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll In Shower

When we arrived at 10 PM, the air conditioner wasn't working. We contacted the front desk and they said it would be fixed on the following day. The next night when we arrived back at 9:30 PM, the air conditioner was still not fixed. The next morning when we checked out, my husband mentioned that the air conditioner had not been fixed and they were indifferent. Should have asked to speak to the manager..

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

4.0
    HORRIBLE SERVICE
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll In Shower

staff blamed me for the internet not working and I was taking up too much of their time. then said I was cursing them.... all for the fact that the broadband was not strong enough to service the rooms at the end of the building. HORRIBLE

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Front Desk Staff needs improvement!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Smoking – Roll-In Shower

The staff were rude and didn't help at all. The man at check in wasnt going to let me check in because I made two reservations. What is a simple switch of removing one and keeping the other he made into a huge deal. I had to wait for the manager and when he arrived all he did was delete the one reservation and check us in. The front desk member that wouldnt give us the room also wasnt going to let us check in because it was 200 not 300. What a joke! Fire that kid!

Great price for the room! Bed was great, room was clean, location was good.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

A pleasant place to stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll In Shower

The room furnishings were somewhat dated but clean and worked well. The wifi worked but became a little spotty in the evening as the rooms filled up.

The hotel was very accommodating for our dog. We were in a handicap equipped room on the ground floor. The room was quiet and faced a large parking area and green space making it easy to walk the dog.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Comfy bed.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Smoking – Roll-In Shower

Cleaner room, the floor was filthy. Security should cruise the grounds, people were partying in the parking lot. Only one washer/dryer for a hotel with a lot of rooms.

Comfy bed. Big room. Got to the reservation I wanted.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Basic minimum
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

E for effort, however, the area rug under the bed was filthy, food on it, corners of bathroom filthy, sides of toilet and bathroom wall dirty, ick! Light fixtures dirty, bedspread burnt and dirty, plastic wrap over the smoke detector over the bed, looks like there might have been blood spatter on one wall, looks like the door had been broken in from the outside, I slept with a chair in front of the door. My husband was in Abbott nw hospital and there were no rooms anywhere under $300 this was the only room I could find, I felt that $80 for the night was at least double what they should have charged...sort of a scary place.

The room looks nice upon entry. The sheets on the bed were clean.

OK
    • Superior King Room Disability Access-Non Smoking

light above vanity burned out

never go back.

Room

Disgusting overpriced room
    • Superior King Room Disability Access-Non Smoking

It smelled like mold, was damp and had a hole punched through the bathroom door . Bathroom sink clogged

great stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

location very good great room location staff was super a balcony was nice

Clean n comfortable stay
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

A bit far off fr the city

Clean and comfortable

The price.

No breakfast.

The price. The nice staff.

It was a comfortable stay n quick reserving the room

It was a comfortable stay n quick reserving the room

Great value

Ice machine was broken

Clean and friendly

Ok
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Door lock mechanism not very good

Great value
    • Superior King Room Disability Access-Non Smoking

People were friendly rooms are new and clean great location

100% satisfied
    • Deluxe King Room with King Bed - Non-Smoking

building is a little old

Very helpful staff

Great value for the price and staff was super friendly.

Nothing bad.

Great value for the price and staff was super friendly.

Good for the price
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll In Shower

Not a smoking room ever when I stay there.

• Superior King Room Disability Access-Non Smoking

For the price its mangeable

Hot tubes in every room

The price

It was terrible especially staff

Terrible