Reviews of Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach 3 stars

4545 MacArthur Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA

#13 of 18 hotels in Newport Beach

Extremely relaxing and delicious:)

That the room didn't have a microwave for our leftovers. :(

We loved everything about it... the entire staff was so bomb! Both the bar and restaurant were excellent!!! The food and drinks were wonderful and the service was spectacular. I will DEFINITELY be coming back. I give everything 10 out of 10.

Over priced buffet.
    • Quadruple Room

No points given to a member. Didn’t know prior to reserving or I wouldn’t have stayed there. Lousy room in an almost empty hotel. Felt more like a Holiday Inn than a Hyatt.

Self parking, large screen tv.

5 minutes to John Wayne airport yet I never heard planes inside the hotel, perfect spot in the OC

Sunday morning there was a lot of noise that began at 7am (sounded like furniture moving on the floor above me) ?

Check in and out were easy and efficient. Every interaction with staff was friendly and professional. The free parking was a huge bonus

Unpleasant ordeal
    • Superior King Room

They didnt have the room I requested available gave me a lesser value room made me pay the higher price told me my breakfast would be includes in my stay and i went down to enjoy breakfast with my fiancé to find out that he lied and ended up paying $53 plus for some oatmeal and potatoes and a waffle very dissatisfied with the situation will be having a talk with a property manager of some sort

Love this hotel

The room itself was very nice and modern, The bed was incredibly comfortable, the bathroom exceeded our expectations my partner loved the lighting to do her makeup. This was our first time staying at a Hyatt and will stay again for future stays.

The hotel was convenient for my needs and I was so thrilled...

The hotel was convenient for my needs and I was so thrilled they remembered I was there to celebrate my birthday. I had beautiful chocolate covered strawberries waiting in my room after dinner my first night-so nice!

i would stay there again

auto lighting was a pain ; no hooks in the bathroom ; terrible internet connection ; not a lot of storage or draw space

clean , good location, recently renovated, free parking

The staff were friendly and the rooms (especially the...

I was told a crib would be available, but when I arrived they said they were all in use. They did offer me more blankets and pillows instead and would bring these to my room, however over an hour later I still hadn't received these and had to call the front desk and ask again, as I needed to put my 1 year old to bed.

The staff were friendly and the rooms (especially the bathrooms) were very nice.

Was a great place after a long flight, and the 12pm check out time gave me ample time to wake up!

Location had no real attraction, other that it was in a very convenient area!

This Hyatt was really beautifully redesigned, with a lot of small touches in the room (book reading light, stocked Keurig-with bedtime tea and coffee, sound panel behind the TV, and even a digital clock inside the mirror in the bathroom to keep track of getting-ready time!).

Not what I was looking for

Room was dirty, bed had a big orange stain on the cover, one of the towels in the bathroom had another stain with the same orange color, the view from my room was the worse. I went to LA. To get surgery, when I went to the hotel, the staff saw me struggling with my luggage, and nobody even offered to help me, even though my room was on the 2nd dolor, there was no bellman to help me with my luggage. It was the worse stay ever.

Bed was confortable!

I would certainly stay there again.

The area is business/industrial area and most things close pretty early in the evening.

The property is nice with a friendly staff. The food at hotel’s restaurant was really good. The Braised Shortribs is a must!

Fantastic, like new, nice staff, excellent facilities, massive TV.
    • Quadruple Room

It’s a tad far depending what you want to be doing. But if you want to stay in this area, then this is perfect.

From Australia you never know what you’re going to get until you arrive, this place is amazing for the money. Like new, huge TV in rooms and just fantastic. Highly recommended. Kids loved watched the planes taking off. Noise all ok.

Nice newly renovated hotel near John Wayne Airport

Soundproof was not the best, especially the bathroom. The sound of the toilet was very noisy.

Very clean, good bed, free water bottle every day, and Keurig machine in the room. The location is convenient to go anywhere in OC. The staff was friendly and courteous.

Alright stay, but doubt I'll be returning

The toilet flush was extremely loud, so if you have to use it in the middle of the night be prepared to wake up everyone in your room and next door. We had hot water in the shower the first day we checked in, but after that the best we got was barely warm. On Saturday the emergency alarm went off 3 times, each time was a false alarm, but of course you only find that out once you've left your room and walked down the emergency exit stairs to the lobby. Don't make the mistake of going to the other Hyatt Regency first which is 5 minutes away because you will be extremely disappointed by the difference.

Bed was very comfy, nice large 75" TV right opposite. Pool was nice. Couldn't hear the airplanes from the airport, room was quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Parking is free - a lot of others in the area charge.

Overall loved it and would definitely come back again.
    • Quadruple Room

The bed could have been a little softer, and the sheets a little thicker. It got cold after a while.

I loved the lobby. It was so beautiful. From the outside the hotel doesn't look like much, but it was very beautiful inside and completely exceeded my expectations. The dining and restaurant area was very nice, although we did not eat breakfast there. It was a little pricey for breakfast considering what was offered. I think $20 would have been more appropriate. The room was really cute. I loved the layout and the bathroom was clean and lovely. Loved the extra touch of the balcony. Overall really nice and would definitely stay there again.

The AC was broken in our room and no accommodations were...

The AC was broken in our room and no accommodations were made. The bed was comfortable but the planes were very loud and started at 6:30 in the morning.

Amazingly Nice and Neat. Newly opened.

The property is quite away from the beach. But not really a negative for me.

We're lucky to be one of the 1st guests to check in. It was just opened yesterday. The property has a very nice lobby. The room is amazingly nice and neat. Close to the airport. We've been checked in to a lot of hotels.. this the best so far.

Frustrating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was construction going on and it wasn't a welcoming atmosphere. Also, the shower was awful - there were directions about what knob to turn for shower and what knob within that knob to turn for hot/cold water. The end result was the water was either too hot or too cold, sprayed too hard, and sprayed onto the floor.

The staff were very friendly!

rooms are too old for the price charged.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very dusty in the room, dust noticeable on light stands and carpet, sneezing and running nose as soon as got in the room. Pillows are too soft, light switches are not installed at convenience location.

Front desk personnel and hotel shuttle bus drivers are very friendly, phone service personnel are very helpful. Lot of free parking space.

The location was great for my purposes.
    • Quadruple Room

There were a few dark spots (maybe mold?) along the inside edge of the bathtub, and the shower curtain had a dark spot on it. It had been washed, but the spot didn't come all the way out.

The location was great for my purposes. The salmon Nicoise salad at the hotel restaurant was excellent and the service was very good . The room was spacious.

Perfect place to rest comfortably in a clean and cozy place. Friendly staff.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast room was cold. My advise is bring a sweater and closed-toe shoes for breakfast.

Breakfast size was enough to share between 2.5-3 people. Sausages and hash browns were tasty. Starbucks coffee good. Variety of jelly good for toast. Room was comfortable, clean, stocked with a iron, ironing board, blow dryer, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Balcony view great. Great location (<2 miles) from 28 Irvine.

Horrible upsetting experience. I would never recommend this hotel to ANYONE
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had to change room 2 times within less than 2 hrs.The first room had dirty sheets with stains that looked like blood. Second room had water leaking all over the restroom floor. I was tired and just wanted to get some rest I did not want to go into a 3rd room. Very upsetting experince so I requested to check out and get a refund! I would never recommend this hotel to to ANYONE!

the name
    • Premium King Room

the hotel was in renovation, most elevators were not working, plumbing in the shower was horrible, it would turn hot then cold and the carpet in the room was dirty. Will not book there again.

the name

There was loud construction and everyone was weird.
    • Premium King Room

We were greeted by two nice ladies but all of the computers were down upon check-in so the process was an actual process...in retrospect, this could've been our first sign. APPARENTLY, they are renovating - on a holiday weekend, in the morning, loudly. After being told that they were out of our first two choices of wine we ordered some sort of wine at the hotel bar, which took surprisingly long considering we were two of four patrons and there are only two wines. We then bolted out of the extremely brightly lit bar, got to our room and the wine ended up having gone bad. Housekeeping ignored the do not disturb sign at an early hour on the day we were checking out. I wish you could say you get what you pay for but this was incredibly overpriced for what we were given.

Nice bed. Nice pillows.

We had a clean room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was not available during our stay due to a private event. This was disappointing. Our room was right next to an airport runway. Planes taking off were very, very loud.

Staff seemed nice but sent us to a one bed room after a specific discussion on the phone and again at check in that our reservation was for two beds. When we got to our room- one bed. We had to take our luggage back downstairs and change rooms. Not so good.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud airplanes every 10 minutes. Worn out sagging mattress. Overly small bathroom. Broken elevators. Crappy overpriced breakfast. Dirty. Not much to like.

We enjoyed our stay. Easy access to get around.

While we booked under the Raddison, there was no signs explaining it was now the Carlton. We had a difficult time locating the hotel because we were looking for the Raddison.

The staff was very helpful and while the facilities were under renovation, it was still an enjoyable stay. We would stay here again.

Would consider returning once construction is complete.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wish we had been told about the construction. The "dining" facility was rather depressing.

The shampoo was great. I would like to know the name of it and where I can purchase it. Under the construction conditions, the staff was very good.

My room was great
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The majority of the hotel was under construction. I was hearing banging and other machinery noises as I was trying to rest from my flight (10:30 am check-in). I traveled from Virginia to California and I brought my bathing suit because I knew from Booking.com that there was a pool. BUT Booking.com failed to tell me that not only was the hotel being renovated, I would also have to walk outside and around the entire building, near the road, IN my bathing suit, to go use the pool which was outside. I was very disappointed. I don't want to have to walk from the far left of the building to the far right all in front of these construction men. UGH!!!

The bed was very comfortable. The service was excellent.

Our stay was just ok. It was a nice bed to sleep in but that would be about all I can say.

The room was very small and cramped. The bathroom sink was in poor condition and very small, not enough room to put much on the counter.

The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were nice.

All staff were attentive and helpful in the hotel and in the...

Hotel was under construction. Noisy and inconvenient...but understandable that they were making improvements for future guests.

All staff were attentive and helpful in the hotel and in the on-site restaurant. Food at the on-site restaurant was better than what we expected hotel food to be.

Nice location to airport...did not use any other amenities...Front desk personal were personable...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Key entry messed up and we had to wait approx 20 minutes outside the door for maintenance that involved going to front desk seeking help...first for new keys and again to get maintenance help and also making two phone calls to front desk!!! When we got into the room the TV remote was dead and again we had to contact front desk and wait for maintenance again???

Staff was friendly and accommodating, room was clean once we got into the room.

Stay elsewhere
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Under construction, unhelpful front desk, tv emitted high pitched annoying whine that manager excused away as the cable provider's fault, ac was so old & loud it sounded like a jet engine everytime it switched on, room was very small & cramped. For this price I could not believe how sub standard this hotel is. The only reason I would suggest staying here is if you absolutely have to be near the airport & every other hotel is full.

Nice bartender

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The television was outdated and had a very grainy picture. The shower was almost impossible to manipulate to regulate the water temp.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very courteous.

The room is clean and neat.

Two nights in a row hearing loud music. Early in the morning hearing construction noise. EVen there were people come check on swimming pool, they failed to notice the towels running out.

The room is clean and neat. Swimming pool is the highlight for my kids.

The beds were comfy.

The toilet kept backing up and there was a remodel going on. It would have been better if the price was adjusted to that. The pool was a joke away.

The beds were comfy.

Nice accommodations

The air conditioning was loud. It was a very warm summer day and you had to set the thermostat low. If the air was on everything was fine but as soon as it kicked off it got stuffy.

The staff were very kind

Our Stay was comfortable and staff was very warm and accomodating
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Upon arrival we learned the property was under renovation. I wish I would have know this sooner. In addition the hotel was catagorized NEWPORT BEACH and it was more like Santa Ana / Costa Mesa as it was right next to JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT. Misleading and this bothered me the most.

Experienced a very welcoming staff upon arrival! They were great!

Breakfast suppose open 6:30 am.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast suppose open 6:30 am. When we arrived at restaurant no one was there. About 6:45 am one waiter show up open the door and start to prepare the food....

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Transparency goes a long way...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately we weren't told it was across a club and we heard the music until they closed... We were also not informed that the building was under construction (entire floors and tape throughout the lobby area) just not great to find out we would be hearing drills and hammers ...

Pizza was awesome and pool area was lovely.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Very good hotel.

Nothing really.

No charge for parking our rental car. I HaTE paying for this necessity. Location is good, but for us, closer to the ocean would have been better.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Not as advertised.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Small room, smaller bed than advertised, scalding shower with limited temperature control, loud street noise versus loud AC unit in room, pricey food and beverage, tweekers in the parking area upon arrival and the hotel is under construction.

Parking was convenient.

Not worth the money we spent.

The spa didn't work at all was Luke warm. The rooms were very old and the bed literally had a dentist in the middle and sucked you in. My back hurt for days adter.

Because of the horrible accommodations they did credit us $100 back for the room. The staff was very friendly and nice.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

There was a happy hour which was nice.

Hotel was under renovation and there was no notice of this on the website. Also toilet ran continuously. Had an issue with the heating when I checked in. That issue was resolved.

There was a happy hour which was nice.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

A rave review for the Radisson Hotel Newport Beach

nothing!

I loved this hotel! The facility and location was lovely as well as convenient to everything. The accommodations were excellent, the room spacious and very well appointed. We especially enjoyed the feeling of the suite which afforded us privacy as well as the freedom to be together or separate and loved the ability to enjoy the freedom of being able to wander around without being "on top" of each other. The breakfasts were wonderful and the outdoor seating comfortable and appealing. With a wonderful staff, attentive and helpful, I couldn't rate this experience as anything but a "10." Okay, maybe a 10 1/2.....

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Clean .. Environment.. Comfy beds .. Great overall stay !!

The bathroom could use a little attention the shower was in need of some help but over all great place .. Would totally come back !!

Bed was amazing and bartender was on point.. Drinks were great overall a great night !!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Only recommended if you can sleep right next to an airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If I hadn't brought active noise cancelling headphones I wouldn't have been able to sleep due to the nearby airport. Too many towels in bathroom, seemed like a waste.

Everything clean, big room.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Loose tiles and leaky showers!

The tile on our bathroom floore was actually loose and some of the grout was missing. When I turned on the shower, only a third of the water actually came through the shower head, the other 2/3 continued to go through the faucet.

The bed was comfy.

The parking, the pool area, and the layout of the hotel.

I wish it had a microwave in the room. I also wish it had more electrical outlets for computer, phone chargers, etc. near the beds.

The parking, the pool area, and the layout of the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable. Very clean room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

waste paper baskets still filled and junk on the floor

waste paper baskets still filled and junk on the floor

we both enjoyed our stay

everything was great

room nice and clean-upgraded.. everything was comfy! so close to newport beach! enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

4.5
    Overprice uninformed staff. Bad Management.
    • Quadruple Room

Booking dot com was a giant ripoff. 350 plus tax. Saw later Expedia at 220. That killed any enjoyment. This place is Hyatt Regency in name only.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Cleanliness & apperance.

Too pricy for the value

Cleanliness & apperance.

• Quadruple Room

Excellent customer service. Nice, clean and comfortable room

Room was very duty.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very duty....bed not comfy

Nice clean room

Check in took too long

Free parking

We would come back.
    • Quadruple Room

It was a geat location to take our boys to beach, k1 speed and OC fair. Lots of food choices nearby. We stayed 2 weekends in a row.

The location is close to my venue.

The smell in the ice room on the 3rd floor 😐

The location is close to my venue.

Great hotel near the airport

Great hotel near the airport

Affordable stay, close by beaches!

Nice modern facility, comfortable beds, nice location!

No continental breakfast
    • Superior King Room

No continental breakfast

Ease of parking
    • Quadruple Room

The bathroom did not have an operable fan. Law requires one per code.

Ease of parking

New Guest Experience- Exceptional Accommodations
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Modern decor, exceptional clean / comfortable and accessible to local venues.

Bed was ver y comfy

Bed was ver y comfy

I didn't like the lack or vending machines, breakfast or...

I didn't like the lack or vending machines, breakfast or snacks.

the room was clean with bigTV screen.
    • Quadruple Room

Bathtub drain is clogged and slow draining.

the room was clean with bigTV screen.staff was kind and freindly.

Loved the heated pool
    • Quadruple Room

Great service, greeted with a smile at all times.

Loved the heated pool

Newly renovated rooms

near LAX

THE WAS BAD Smell

near LAX

We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel. The facilities were perfect!!
    • Quadruple Room

Staff very accommodating ! Nice to have drinking water bottles provided for free in our room.