Reviews of We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center 4 stars

10438 North Fort McDowell Road, Fountain Hills, AZ 85224, USA

#3 of 5 hotels in Fountain Hills

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Cost extra for the water, coffee and dogs. Speakers were going out at the pool.

Great room, central air conditioning in room, refrigerator, keurig, bathtub, cable. Pool was phenomenal. Two huge pools , two jacuzzis, wet bar, food and drink service. Beautiful views. Salt river horses .

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

I would be nice if there was someone to clean up the public areas after guests who don't know where the trash bins are located. The elevators always have some sort of refuse left on the floors and railings for days.

The staff is friendly and mostly helpful. The restaurant is quite nice and the servers are very accommodating. I've stayed here several times over the years and return because it suits my need to be away from the bustle and noise at the larger hotels.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

The only friendly employees were in the spa and the restaurant by the hotel. Everyone else seemed disinterested and weren't very welcoming.

I liked that it was clean, quiet and great views.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

the request was not met for handicap called even 5 hours away was confirmed room available. Room given was at end of hallway, not handicape Requested another room not available till next day. not so.

clean bathrooms, nice lobby,

• Deluxe King with Mountain View

Food left in hallways for hours from other rooms who had room service. Spa area needs to be improved. Casino really smokey. Need better ventilation.

Bed was very comfortable

• King Room with Pool View

I requested a pool view which they transferred me into but they could not accommodate my two bed request, which was disappointing.oo

Staff was friendly, pool area was heavenly and the dining was great. Requested two doubles however got one king. That was inconvenient. Towels, bedding and service great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

The view was gorgeous! We had the Mountain view room - The Ahnala was amazing, delicious food, drinks, & dessert. The resort lobby had cucumber water or orange water daily. The hot tubs and pools were perfectly heated. The grounds were perfectly kept and pretty! Saw wild mustang in the back parking lot on our last day! Breathtaking views of the mountain behind them. We ordered appetizers and drinks delivered to us by the pool daily! 10 out of 10 for everything!! Loved the WEKOPA Resort!! We would absolutely be back! We love Arizona!

• Deluxe King with Mountain View

You figure with the cost and checkout at 12 that you would actually have a room ready at check-in (not till almost 5) or atleast offer a late checkout.

• King Room with Pool View

As it is in all hotels these days, the housekeeping staff is is under staffed resulting in their inability to finish all rooms that need to be cleaned. I was away from my room for 12 hours and my room went unmade. The staff reported to management that it was made up and obviously no one from head of housekeeping checked to see that it had been.

• King Room with Pool View

Restaurant closed early-ish, leaving only fast-food options in the casino.

Great location if you prefer to escape the concrete jungle of Phoenix/Scottsdale. Golf course was exquisite.

Visited when it was virtually empty so very few staff about for assistance when needed. Those we did meet were very helpful and friendly.

Lovely entrance/bar area and food in the restaurant was excellent.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

The bed was creaky and no breakfast. Toilet tissue was not available and parking lot was too far from room. There was not very many stores nearby had to travel 15 minutes to a shopping center. Shower was small.

Clean room and good TV.

My only complaint was having to pay $6.00 for a bottle of Corona. Thought that was a bit high.

Facility is beautiful. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

My husband is handicap and im not. I didnt like the shower, he did

Best breakfast. Usually when you choose fruit over patitoes its mixture of cubed mellons with refrigerator burn. This was slices of 2 mellons pineapple blueberries raspberries & strawberries. The grounds were lovely with a native american theme including piped in music.

• Deluxe King with Mountain View

The room wasn't made up until later in the afternoon and the dusting is hit and miss. I would clean the elevator floors more often. A plastic cup was left in a corner for 3 days,

The scenery is lovely, the ambiance restful and the hotel's restaurant is quite good.

• King Room with Pool View

The elevators did not work half the time, We ordered a room with two queen beds and received 1 king for 4 people, the restaurant staff was slow and not friendly at all

I think the pool was beautiful

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Computer somehow booked my friends room for a month in advance... Good thing he had his Email confirmation... Because they were full... Staff fixed problem.. After short wait

Everything thing was great... With one exception.. See below

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Room with Pool View

I rate this resort 3.5 stars! I booked with Booking.com and when I arrived at the resort the acted like we didn't have a reservation so I had to pull out my paperwork and provide them with the information. I booked a king room with two queen bed's poolside and when I got there they did not have my room. The price was too high for the stay. I was not impressed at all. The hotel doesn't offer free coffee downstairs in lobby it's $4 a cup and in the rooms the coffee is terrible. The room itself was ok nothing fancy the beds we comfortable and bathrooms had updates. The hotels employees weren't much help and there was no vending machine in hotel. The swim pool was nice my kids enjoyed it.

Swim pool

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Everything was great!

It had a beautiful location with lots to do. Loved that you had the option of golf, gambling, or just sitting by the fire on the patio. I definitely would go back!

The room was not ready until 2 hours after stated check in time. Front desk staff very rude!! Supervisor talked with a mouth full of bread and was very rude as well.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

Room was not very clean. Found some scraps of food under the desk and in corners of the room. Shower was lukewarm on the first day, but was ok on the other two days.

Nice self-contained resort, with everything you need on site. Bed was comfortable, with nice soft pillows. Room was spacious and had a comfortable desk chair with nice work area.

• Deluxe Queen Room

As for Bingo. Didn't care that we only had dessert while others had a meal just because they spent more. Just because a number of people could not afford to spend as much doesn't mean they should be treated as lower class.

Rooms were great. Nice and comfy. Every one was friendly. Will stay again. Live in Texas so only get to stay there at New Years for the New Years Bingo Bash.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

THE ROOM WAS TOO WARM. TURNED THE TEMPERATURE TO A MORE COMFORTBLE SETTING AND THEN IT WAS PERFECT!

I WANTED TO TAKE THE BED HOME WITH ME. BEAUTIFUL VIEW FROM OUR WINDOW.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

It is in the middle of nowhere. Very few other guests, so the energy was low. The property (lobby and pool area) is pretty.

I liked the salt-water hot tub.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

Your hair salon and nail services were not available because you had only one person who was out We were going to s wedding and really wanted our hair done!

Shuttle service and pool bar staff were really good

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The cleanliness of the bed and linens was alittle off. Though the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, the linens and pillows smelled quite sour. Also, the headboard was not attached to the wall very well and knocked the wall when large movements were made int he bed. Also, the bathroom did not have an exhaust fan which made being the bathroom for any period of time a tad warm and uncomfortable when getting ready for the day/evening.

We liked how open the property was. Also, staff were very helpful and very nice. The bed was super comfy, the grounds were very clean. Prices for meals were good for what we ate. Casino food prices were a lot high though. we stuck wtih eating at the hotel most of the time. We would most likely stay again in the future.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

Ordered two beers and they added their own gratuity plus left line on the receipt for a tip. Pool spa was very chlorinated lots of unattended children running around throwing each other into the pool.

Bed was very comfortable, climate controls in room worked very well.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Had to wait 2 hours for a room when I had a reservation

The actual resort us beautiful.But the lady that did my reservation was extremely rude for no apparent reason at all

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

I as never told about the $50 dollar resort fee until i got there. I did ask prior to my stay was there any hidden costs, in which i was told no. I have like to pay cash once i arrived, because the bank always take too long to refund my resort fee. I was told that cash was not accepted !!!!

The bed as very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Service in the Restaurant/pub needs improvement, more coffee available in room would be nice, would liked to have seen a microwave in room

Loved the big bed and soft pillows. Very clean facility, nice atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

no covered parking, being in the hot desert it would have been nice to have the car out of the sun

Felt like we were in the middle of nowhere with a great view of the desert, but was only minutes from everything. Being someone who wakes at the first light of day, it had the best black out curtains than any other hotel we have ever stayed in. Great facility, we will be back!!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

I am a little shocked there were microwaves for the guests. I am also stunned the woman at the front desk couldn't offer a solution. I would have expected an employee microwave or possible the kitchen could have heated up my food. Instead I was given a straight nope sorry you'll have to waste your food and purchase more from our room service.

I asked to warm up my meal with a microwave. There clearly is not a microwave in the rooms so I went down stairs to the concierge. I didn't see a microwave so I asked the woman at the front desk how I can warm up my food. She said I couldnt as there are no microwaves.

Too hot!!

Far from everything

Cleanliness

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

One of the beds in the room was broken. Alarm in the room next to us went off each morning from 8-9. Wasn’t fixed after informing front desk.

It was all good!

Beautiful view, relaxing room

• Deluxe Queen Room

This was expensive, but nice place. We did not get the room rate for a wedding party we hoped to get.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Very comfortable beds. Great location, Fountain Hills very close by, beautiful area.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Everything about the resort was fantastic.

Vet smoky environment in casino

Friendly restaurant staff and good food.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Take out your $ from visa before it's spent

Michael from engineering was very helpful

• Deluxe Queen Room

The staff and facilities are top notch!

Rooms were not cleaned in a timely manner

Beds excellent Pool excellent Casino very good Food excellent

The shower leaked

It’s a beautiful property

Some insect bit me at 3pm causing pain and

Pool

Still off season so not as many amenities options for this visit

Very welcoming and peaceful surroundings.felt relaxed.

• King Room with Pool View

Through booking.com we did not get the extras the resort was offering for the time we stayed.

We like spending the day in fountian hills

Earlier check in time.

Everything was perfect.

Location, desert scenery, comfort

The restaurants

The rooms and pool area was the best. The restruants could of been better. Staff was great too

• King Room with Pool View

Drove in at night and the road could of user more lighting

It was serene beautiful and within driving distance of many attractions

• Deluxe Queen Room

I paid more thru booking than I would have if I was a walk in

forever to check in and get a room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

It was just a very good nice day

How the reservation was handled

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Not enough option for restaurant

Convienience

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Ambience

Food was excellent...and the servers were too.....

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Cleanliness of the toilet

Staff

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

quality of dinners. breakfast fine.

RESTAURANT FOOD FINE BUT NOT GREAT

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

it was very comfortable the whole room

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Mountain View

More reasonably priced meals.

The rooms was very clean and comfortable. The location was awesome, as was the pool area.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

I got food poisining Probaly from fruit

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Great view.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was lumpy - would of liked a deeper pool

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Had to go home.

Nice & clean.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

No dislikes

Pool area. My daughter loved it.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Not much to do around the area and they only had live entertainment at the casino one night.

Bed was so comfy! And breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe King with Mountain View

The bed was soooo comfortable. The restaurant was delicious. Room service was great. The pancakes were unbelievable!!!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Nothing....

Stayed here last year, love this place. Great staff, great place . We recommend 100%

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe King with Mountain View

Hotel room comfy and roomy.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Casino very smokey.

Good but out in the middle on no where.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

I loved the free valet parking, the staff were extremely nice and very welcoming

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

I thought $200 a night was unreasonable for the room since it really was just a basic hotel room. Didn't have a fan.

The staff was nice and it was an overall nice hotel. I didn't actually need the room, and thought I cancelled, but didn't so I just stayed the night anyways.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

The front desk receptionist was rude a larger female employee, no points on my players club card for staying in the hotel,and very high price for one night.

That it was connected to the casino.

There are also 54 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.