Reviews of Radisson Hotel North Fort Worth Fossil Creek 3 stars

2540 Meacham Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76106, USA

#54 of 90 hotels in Fort Worth

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hot tub was cold several times Dirty Towels laying all over place Room wasn’t cleaned until after 500 pm

Food at restraint came out cold several time

There was nothing that I didn't like.

Friendly staff, nice room including fridge and microwave, spacious bathroom, loved the Rituals brand soap! Also really liked the blood orange margarita and michelada drinks in the bar, and the 24 hour convenience store in the lobby. Breakfast buffet was very good and a good value and really friendly breakfast buffet hostess/attendant! Also, available free shuttle to the stockyards. Overall great stay and I would return to this hotel!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

In my 2 night stay, I found ants in the bed. Not sure where they were coming from but pretty creepy. Also, the A/C never really kept things cool (75F was best it could do); fortunately we were out most of the time. Also, it was a little noisy from Meachem Ave traffic.

The rooms were roomy, nice staff and restaurant people. The facilities were clean except as noted below. Cleaning staff were very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They did not have in room ROOM SERVICE as advertised and listed at their facility on their own literature due to insufficient staffing. The plumbing backed up through the bathroom lavatory for our complete stay and never was repaired even after reporting three times,,, the manager did give me a three free breakfast buffet passes to make up for the inconvenience

Location to the Fort Worth stockyard

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was surprised that they expected me to pay for breakfast. I had food with me, on a road trip, from our apartment in Florida, so I peeled a fresh FL grapefruit in my room.

My room was perfect on the back of the property. It was quiet, clean and comfortable.

Lighting in rooms was still somewhat dim, but reading light helped out some.

Lunch provided was hot and staff assisted with seating while staff had drinks ready.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff that doesn't speak English this is America This was almost the deal breaker my reservations were at 3pm my room wasn't ready till after 5pm The cost of the rooms are a little high for a 20 year old building

Overall it's an ok place location location location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

check in. ac. Being right next to busy trucking road that was in poor repair!

Asked for 2nd floor or higher; got ground floor. Just 1 girl at front desk on a busy Friday night; LONG wait to check in. Looks like a hotel that houses railroad workers and long line of them checking in. 1 person at desk............... My room just off the busy road ; accessing the freeway; lots of 18-wheeler trucks driving by all hours of the night!!! Road was full of potholes so truck trailers made lots of noise! Wall unit ac was awful! Loud, squealed, sounded like a bad bearing. Had to turn off ac in order to sleep-like sleeping next to a machine shop!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was very comfy. The room was quiet, no freeway sounds. The shuttle service was great and the driver was very nice. It was a 5 minute shuttle ride to the stockyards.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Horrible experience! I received a conformation about my stay and when I arrived after a 9 hour drive , hotel clerk said I was not found under any reservation. Had to book it directly at hotel

Only negative was staff at breakfast were not helpful. Also it seemed there was a 2 tier s system, guests that paid and ate of ala crate breakfast menu were treated far better where escorted to tables breakfast process explained and staff were far more attentive to there needs. I thought it was a one off but it happened on the second day and with all guests. We had vouchers for breakfast and anyone that presented this to the host was just told sit where you want and that was it. I raised it when checkednout I was advised that they would look into this I hope they do because it did taint our otherwise wonderful stay.

Beautiful hotel very clean great facilities reception staff very helpful, breakfast wonderful selection of hot and cold

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Problem checking in as the hotel hadn’t received anything from Booking.com! Not great when they were fully booked for the weekend and I arrived at 9:30pm with 2 children. Staff sorted it out and were excellent!

The staff on the reception were amazing! Very helpful and considerate! Loved the shuttle bus facility and kids loved the pool!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

When I arrived to the room, there was a slight odor that I could never quite pinpoint. Also, the walls are extremely thin and we could hear activity on the side and above us.

The room and meeting facilities were appropriate for the events I attended.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

So far from anything, either hire a car, or pay a fortune in cab fares. No bus services and railway station about 10 miles away. DFW airport is between Dallas and Fort Worth. Each are about 18-20 miles from the airport.

The staff were helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom smelled dirty, sink would not drain , had to brush teeth in bathtub. The "prepay" policy is BS, had to pay with a diffrent card at arrival bc I thought I had already been charged. Didnt have the right card. What's the point of a prepay if you don't actually charge the card till arrival?

Bed and blankets were great, AC Was good and cold.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

They said the room I reserved over a month ago wasnt available , put me in room with full bed plus right by elevator and maids cleaning room ,so noisy couldnt sleep. Terrible you could hear everything!!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

???

Lobby was nice. As was the bar,club,and restaurant. Location was great for race track. Beds and comforters were very comfortable. Had indoor gym, pool, and spa. Great amenaties. All together great experience. Staff was courteous and helpful. I will be back next year

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

The service at breakfast was not good we ask for coffee when we set down and did not get it until we were finished eating and as we watched people that came in after us they got served first and most of the tables were not cleaned off

The entrance when we walk in and the clerk that check us in.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

I booked the room thru youBooking.com, thinking this was the best way to ensure my nephew a wedding gift of one night stay. Upon his arrival the hotel would not take my CC from him nor cash, thus he had to pay on his cc. I'm very dissatisfied with the way it was handled. I spoke to the hotel twice on Sat..and they were to send me the cc form for me to sign which I never received. I will not book again thru your service.

Once the newly weds got their room situation settled, they enjoyed. OR at least they said they did.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Bigger towels for pool area? But there is nothing to complain about when I visit here.

This location is perfect for an overnight visit in Fort Worth. Enjoy Cassidy's nightclub when I am there. The pool area is always clean and hot tub is usually hot enough, which isn't the case at most places. Beds are dreamy. Always sleep well. Close to Fort Worth and Arlington.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Really have no complaints. The bed was quite comfy...nice fluffy towels a plus. Our king room also had a frig and microwave which was not listed when I booked..that was great...like my own instant coffee and to keep my drinks cold. The free breakfast buffet was great!! Anything you might like and very fresh too! Will stay here again!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The fact that the elevators were so far from front desk, side entrance door required room key to get but it didn't shut so anyone could walk in.

The price from booking.com

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

the elevators were extremely inconvenient to the lobby, very far away and the halls were old and uphill part of the way, not good

the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

We were moved 3 different times because of problems in the rooms….one toilet was broken...no water….one reeked of cigarette smoke. The halls are dark and dingy with some stains on the walls. The carpets looked dirty and were warped. The elevators are very very far form the lobby…..The construction around t he property is horrible so it's very hard to get to.

The lobby looks pretty.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

This hotel had an indescribable odor. It wasn't terrible, but wasn't pleasant either. It was going through renovation, so the rooms were pretty nasty.

Ease of check in and out.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They was doing construction and apparently had a leak or a room over flow there was a fan in the hall way due to carpet being super wet it wasn't very nice for the price and also the ice bucket was dirty and the glasses that they has with it was also dirty so I just felt like I didn't get a good proper clean room. The only thing nice about the whole place was the pool and hot tub.I will not be staying there again.

It was alright

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked online but called ahead to make sure that the hotel could charge the room to the card number I used to make the booking without swiping the card (paying remotely w/sister's card). The desk clerk assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. Upon arrival two hours later, she reversed her story, claiming that she couldn't charge the room to that card and demanded another form of payment. Once we got to the room and settled in, we discovered that the shower did not work. We called down to the front desk and they immediately switched us to another room without investigation (which tells me that they already knew that the shower was malfunctioning) and told us that security would bring us new room keys. After over twenty minutes of waiting, we called down again and were told security was still on their way up. It took nearly ten minutes more for someone to arrive with the new keys. Finally, when we got to our new room, we checked the shower first. We were able to turn it on, but discovered that we could not turn the water off. It remained at a heavy drip all night. In the morning, management apologized and gifted us breakfast coupons. As a final insult to injury, the automatic doors at the front sputtered and stuck shut as we attempted to exit. I had to pry them open manually. This hotel is in a terrible location with few local conveniences at a great distance off the highway, but decent service and amenities could have mitigated those unavoidable circumstances. Unfortunately, this establishment fails on all fronts.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

There were cockroaches. As soon as we checked in we found them. We couldn'the get out money back because of Booking's policies.

Staff was considerate and professional.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Scarce parking. "Heated" pool was freezing

Everything else

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast did not have the right room for me staff was not very friendly to get to the place is really bad

Swimming pool and hot tub

Beds and pillows were very comfortable.

Nice and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The facilities at the hotel didn't disappoint.

had to leave and come back to reality

everything was perfect. staff was tremendous, everything just perfect

The staff.

Everything but the staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was great very helpful and friendly

The beautiful lobby

Friendly staff and clean rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle bus return trip unreliable, missed us on two occassions had to come back in A taxi.

Friendly helpful staff. Decent rooms nice pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Teresa in the dining area was fabulous

I was charged twice for my room and it took 3 days to get back

Breakfast was not included and a little pricey

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room did not have a microwave

Pillows were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Remodeling and the price way to much for type of room I was in

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Had problems with bathtub draining and toilet flushing.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

No complaints

Customer service was Great

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smoke in the lobby from the club was thick and smelt awful.

The beds were AMAZING!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Shuttle bus was a plus

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Very nicely remodeled. Big hotel.Plenty of room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The shuttle service never had room..

The bed was so soft..

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

This was a comfortable visit the beds are comfortable no complaints about the newly remodeled rooms and a good hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The hotel was beautiful inside...the staff was great..the bed was like a cloud..the bathroom was squeaky clean..the breakfast was great!!!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

queen beds instead of dbl

free breakfast was a bonus-beds comfy,bathroom clean also

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Bed was so soft and confy

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Bed was very small. Room was hot. Ac was noisey. I was charged $50 over what I signed. I called accounting and am waiting for a return call.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Staff is very nice.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Hotel is old but they are remodeling the rooms.

Breakfast was good and came with the room.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Very nice staff, attentive and eager to assist any issues

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The elevator was NOT working correctly. I would not stay there again until u Upgrade the Elevator.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Slow wifi and shower head was older and dingy compared to all other upgrades

Modern and up to date rooms

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Under renovation but it never bothered us

Great friendly staff

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Shuttle service

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The room was clean the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Staff was GREAT!! Clean, accommodating, shuttle to restaurants, pool was indoors, nice bar in lobby

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

No air conditioning n halls

Convenient

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Except the staff nothing

Unfortunately the best of this Hotel was the staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Internet didn't work.when I needed it at midnight. I even called the tech help and they couldn't help. Said they would accelerate the complaint but that was little help as I needed then to contact the other side of the world.

When we checked in the guy was very helpful. He even gave us free tickets to the rodeo and we loved it. Room was comfy. The free shuttle bus was great to get us to and from the stock yards .

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Hotel is a bit dated but it's currently undergoing renovations which didn't disturb us.

Location was good to get to Forth Worth and Dallas. The room was clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

We were on the 5th floor and the elevators were not working. Would have been nice to know that the facilities were being remodeled before I booked. The carpet in the room was filthy. Breakfast buffet was awful. Stay elsewhere!!!

Beds and linens were comfy.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

we had called for our pickup and They told us they we had to go to another bar to be picked up. Was not told this when we checked in or left for our concert

The customer service from the front desk was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, lobby was very welcoming. We really enjoyed the shuttle. They were great to let us know if the shuttle was running late. We had a little trouble with the shower. Vicki at the front desk sent someone right up to take care of it. The food in the café was very tasty as were the drinks in the bar. We were very pleased with our stay. They even have a late check out option we were glad to take advantage of.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2016

Construction delays on awkward to navigate freeways.

The Interstate 35 is under heavy construction and timing is somewhat difficult. When all is complete and the heavy traffic can move more easily the location will be excellent, being less expensive than equivalent accommodation closer to downtown.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Restaurant seems like an after thought. The dinner was excellent. Had we not be to tired to go out to eat, we would never have known.

Lobby very inviting. Staff friendly and professional. Rooms comfortable. Restaurant is OK.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Could not get anyone to wait on me for dinner. Ended up going to McDonald's across the street.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Bad plumbing, terrible mattress!

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The room was tired

The staff were extremely helpful.

There are also 38 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.