Reviews of Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport 3 stars

427 North 44th Street, Camelback East, Phoenix, AZ 85008, USA

#51 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

Did not have enough staff in bar and restaurant

Came in tierd and hungry, restaurant was short staffed but Devin went out of his way to make sure we had a good experience

Carpet was in poor condition and the wood veneer on the bathroom counter was pealing off.

Close proximity to airport, convenient airport shuttle. Comfortable bed.

I felt bad for the waiter in restaurant. He was the only on duty Tuesday night however he handled with grace and with a smile.

comfortably easy location

Without a car, you must walk a few long blocks to the Light Rail station to get around Phoenix. There could be some street people encounters... better drive or use Uber, taxi, etc. Housekeeping amenities were different on different days...

The airport shuttle is quick and efficient. Front desk is friendly and helpful. Beds very comfortable; overall quiet. At the small, in-house restaurant the food is very fresh, served attractively, delicious, very reasonable. (The drinks are tasty, too.) Eric our server was a real gem. Pleasant manner, attentive without being intrusive.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff is good and tries to help, but the hotel is understaffed, so at the end the quality of service at the front desk and room service is affected.

Location, room comfort and free shuttle to the airport.

Facilities needed a little help - bathroom door was damaged, looked like it had been through a flood. Old wallpaper peeling under the counter next to the toilet. The view from our window was to a bunch of hvac units. No big deal for us because we were just there to sleep and it was quiet.

So close to the light rail. Clean, comfortable, quiet.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Interior decor a big shabby for the premium price. Checkin took too long. Desk staff in the evening seemed oblivious to guests standing to check in.

Very convenient to the airport

We were most impressed with the good food on the menu, what we had was excellent. We had a stop over on our way home and had booked the Radisson because it was close to the airport. It was an unbelievable experience, from taking the hotel shuttle to the hotel stay. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, quick check-in and check-out. Quite rooms, we highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes a comfortable, quite and restful stay.

Two things I always need while traveling - internet connection and a decent breakfast. I was given the WiFi password but there was no signal in my room. Breakfast buffet was horrible, and I could hear the server in the kitchen complaining about her coworkers

• One-Bedroom Suite

Staff was very rude and unhelpful to accomadate my stay as i booked a 1 bdrm suite and they had no acessiable rms to accomadate my stay on top of that they gave me a roll out bed for my kids to sleep on and ddnt notice til the am that it had huge amounts of urin stains

• One-Bedroom Suite

That the rooms had not been renovated, lobby is beautiful. However rooms will not be renovated until May 2018. I will come back and stay at this location in 2018

I liked the location of hotel

I couldn't seem to control the room temp. I could only turn it off-but then it was too noisy with planes going by and people in the hallway. So it got kind of cold overnight because it blew directly at the bed. The tub in our room had a water running problem - which went from a steady small drip to a full-on run of water-which made some noise. I reported it when we left, but I have to think that housekeeping must have already known about it since it was hard to ignore. And for some reason we didn't have any washcloths in the bathroom. It seemed like they had gotten interrupted and didn't quite finish up our room.

Room was a nice size. Had a fridge. On site parking and the hotel comped the $6 fee. The breakfast buffet was good.

There was an issue with my bill because I had booked through booking but then the van company booked too. It was cleared up fairly quickly.

The person who worked in the breakfast room every morning. I forget her name but she was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. All staff were very friendly.

filters of air condition have not been cleaned for a Long time (normally I do not check things like that but the aircon was so noisy and the room pretty dusty so that I have taken out one filter and found it very dusty!). Staff is asking very direct and personal questions (not in a friendly but in a concious way). Staff at Restaurant is not very professional and not nice. breakfast was unattractive, uninspired and poor. Gym had a water tank for drinking, but no cups, no staff around, facility not very clean.

Dripping tub faucet and too tight sink faucet handle.

Easy access to airport and good directions provided. Good value. Good service at front desk and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

No hot water, come on, we don't ask for much, wohld have been nice to take a shower, Maint staff said let it run, ah yeah, water has been running for half an hour, it's not getting hot,

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

We didn't find other choices close by to walk to for restaurants.

This property is very close to the airport and very quiet. The staff are also very helpful and if they didn't know an answer to a question they tried their best to find an answer.

The outlet in the bathroom didn't work. The remote to the TV was outdated and was hard to change the channels.

The property is very easy to get to from the airport! The beds are comfy and there was lots of room to work.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The view from my room was a massive HVOC air conditioner and behind that a road I believe. Could hear HVOC day and night. The noise wasn't awful but it was there and forget the view! Room (mostly bathroom) could have been cleaner.

The staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating upon arrival. I never contacted them after that. The bed was comfortable and I'd looked forward to exploring the surrounding area, eatery and pool but came down with virus so spent the time in the room.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The reservation wasn't in the system when I arrived at 12:30 am. I had to stand at the check in station for almost 30 minutes trying to get a room. Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

My wake up call and perhaps something to eat early in the morning. Bagels, muffins,etc.

I only stayed overnight to catch an early flight. Did not come to hotel until 9:00pm My only complaint was that my wake-up call never came.

Staff that was almost incapable of checking you in and out. Double charged my credit card after standing at checkout for 20 minutes so they could train each other, wanted an additional $15 per person for a junk continental breakfast, couldn't figure out how to give a required parking pass. Wouldn't stay there again.

The name on the door.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant food was so-so, as was service. Not many places to eat nearby unfortunately that weren't fast food.

close to airport--we stayed here because we had an early flight the next morning. Staff was very friendly at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The computers needed an update and other basic equipment and work space for the employees to proved better service, I waited for about an hour to get my room key my family and I were so tired and it the wait was ridiculous. My reservation sated breakfast included and they told us we could not dine.

I loved how clean it was and the products in the suite.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Shower didn't drain well. Was charged more then quoted at booking a good amount more! Facility could use updating.

Very comfy bed. Good views from 5th floor window.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Bathroom smelled like there was a sewer leak somewhere. Bedding was odd - lumpy bunchy duvets - looks like clothes or something was under them. Same with the bottom sheet - lumpy blanket underneath (!) under it was weird. Made it lumpy to lie on. Felt like I was at my grandma's house :) No on-site convenience store - never seen a Hotel without that. Restaurant was meh, as was the bar, Which is really just in the lobby so that is an odd atmosphere. Wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Room was quiet.

The room was gross. I worried we would get bed bugs, it was filthy and tiny for the price. Very outdated.

The location to the airport and the food downstairs looked and smelled good. The restaurant looked promising, although we didn't partake.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

I am quirky about rooms. Bathroom very clean, the floor close to the walls hadn't been reached by vacuums in a long time. You have to use an attachment, so that us something maybe not daily, but weekly it should been done. I don't like down pillows. But I was comfortable.

The room was large and comfortable. The staff were very friendly. The shuttle from the airport arrived quickly!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Hot tub wasn't hot at night and all the Jets didn't work.

Bed was super comfortable! Front desk were extremely nice and professional ...Johnny took great care of all my requests and needs.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

It's a great hotel, 1st class hotel. The staff was great and the rooms comfortable, clean and great amenities. I'm an environmentally conscious person, but glad that this hotel does its part and allows their guest to set their room temperature to my comfort level. I don't stay twice at any hotel who regulates or forces me to follow their greedy attempt to increase profit and lower their cost by using green building certified excuses. Their's plenty of ways to save energy but not at my comfort expense.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Thought the $6.00/night for parking was nickel and diming me.

The bartender was great. Went out of her way to accommodate me at closing providing me with a beverage on Friday night. Saturday night we had a pleasant conversation.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The Booking.com website stated that parking was free. That was not the case. When I checked in, I was told that parking was $6 a day.

The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. As a single woman, I felt safe on the premises.

I thought i waited a long time for room service- thought i placed an order online but after waiting 35 minutes i made a phone call to food services- initially, i got a an automated message and was transferred to front desk who immediately transferred me to food service again. This time a woman ansered and was going to transfer me back to front desk- she aologized for confusion and included a complimentary glass of wine. The food finally arrived an hour after i initially ordered- it was delicious when it arrived

Linens on bed- great

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Can't think of anything needed unless it was free rooms!

Great location to take the light rail to the baseball game. Easy to get to. Close to Arizona State Univ so we had breakfast at a indoor-outdoor cafe near the New Student Welcome Center

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Food in restaurant wasn't great, and there didn't seem to be any other eating places about.

Location was good for an airport overnight stay. Free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I booked with booking.com and reservation said free parking but when I checked in they said parking was $6 per night. They ended up taking the parking fee off my bill but said next time there is a fee for parking.

When I booked the room the agreement was for one room two bedrooms wgen I got the the front desk told me things had changed. Their web sight advertised free pArking, but as of sept 1st this had also changed. We left early because of a very strong smell of paint coming into the vents if our room.even houskeeping was complaining about this oder. Very disappointed :( the staff did nothing to compensate. Never again

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The hotel website of events in and around town is very outdated. There were events from 2012.

Dealing with Carmen at the Reception Desk was always a pleasure. She was always friendly, courteous and professional.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The room was very clean, the beds and pillows were so comfortable. One of the staff members went out of his way to change our room with a King size to a room with 2 Queen. I plan on staying here each time I am in Phoenix. It is also so close to the airport. The pool and whirlpool was out of this world.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Location was great and the overall of the hotel was very good for one night stay. The staff helped us even though we arrived 4 am in the night. Breakfast staff was also good.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The room was very clean and, although we didn't need it, it will be perfect for business traveler. It had a desk that was wraparound, refrigerator, and there were microwaves in the lobby. It took us 10 minutes to get to the airport in the shuttle, which runs every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day. In the wee hours of the morning, you have to book your time. But you'll have no trouble with this. We left at 4:20 AM and got to the airport in just a few minutes. During normal hours, The shuttle runs every 20 minutes and you don't need to reserve. It is close to several other hotels and several restaurants.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The confusion on booking. Com re; park & fly. I was expecting to receive free parking for a week with my booking a room for a night? But did not get that. I was told that that would have to have been booked on line which was not clear to me at time of booking and and I had to pay $6.00 per night. Also, booking. Com has your address, posted but also includes Cameback Rd. In the address & it is no where near Camelback Rd.

It was the best bed I've ever slept on

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

No major complaints. Only thing that really caught my attention was a little rust in the bottom of the bathtub around the drain.

Very conveniently located for what we were doing and Phoenix. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Facility is in good shape for the age.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Someone dropped a piece of bathroom tissue in the hallway, and it stayed there. I guess there could have been an item of healthy food available in the vending machine (there was none).

The server at the Bar & Grill was great. There was a staff member in the lobby at 3:10 a.m.. The phone was audible when it rang to provide my wake up call. A ride to the airport was provided at 3:20 a.m..

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

The shuttle from the airport took way way to long. Almost an hour from the time I called to when he pulled up. Huge group of people including elderly and families with young kids all waiting to long

Front desk guy was amazing

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Arrived at 16h00. Booked in and to my surprise the room was still occupied by someone else. Was promised a complimentary drink which never arrived. Would probably look elsewhere next time round.

Close to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not being able to check in until midnight for some reason the staff that night wasn’t very helpful when I had a reservation to check in at 6

Good location - we will only had 1 evening in Phoenix so good to be near airport with free shuttle. Staff lovely.

Easy and quick access to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

Lower the cost

Service and food

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to wait 50 minutes for shuttle.

The breakfast was average.

It was convenient for an overnight stay. The kids loved the pool.

• Business Class Room

Pillows a little too soft for me

Staff very friendly! Nice hotel! Location perfect!

Wish that a breakfast would have been included in the stay.

A little pricey for the area

Dirty bathroom. Broken drains.

Inexpensive, close to airport.

Needs a usb charging point

Room was dirty, dirt in all corners. Mold in tub and holes in the walls.

Price and conveince to the airport.

The bed was very comfortable and the tv was a great size.

Staff very helpful rooms nice roomy

Rooms tired and in need of a upgrade

We stayed one night waiting for our flight home. Great location, cost for room good, staff very helpful

Service in bar and restaurant very poor, except at breakfast when it was good

Convenient for airport, rooms were spacious, good breakfast

Lack of dining facilities in the evening, breakfast was poor, had better in a Radisson

Room comfortable,

Rooms were old and felt a bit grimy. Rooms in need of some renovation.

Easy check in, downstairs lobby is clean and renovated.

My room was left open by service staff. Problems with water.

Friendly staff

No real problems Restaurant floor needed sweeping

No problems Was given free voucher for breakfast-good!

The food was great, but would like to see more choices on the menu. The Front desk clerk, Dominic was wonderful, very polite, fast, and welcoming.

the noise of the air conditioner turning off and on

the location and the room service

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Nice and quiet, great outdoor pool

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Walls are paper thin. Could hear tv, conversations next door well into the night, doors slamming. Didn't get much sleep at all.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Found the food menu a bit pricey.

There were no local restaurants that you could walk to, so the only choice was the hotel itself

No laundry facilities

the free shuttle took us to a near by restaurant

Beautiful property, convenient, we ate dinner as well. Good food. The shuttle to the airport was very convenient

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Room and hotel in general was dated. Really needs an upgrade.

Close to airport and check in was painless