Reviews of Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton 3 stars

700 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503, USA

#4 of 9 hotels in Scranton

I would not recommend staying here way too expensive to stay something dirty and dingy like this.

The hotel was dirty only one elevator worked and it took at least 20 minutes every time. We had to use the stairs 5 flights every time.

Beds were comfy

Our stay is another "go to" moment!

One of the elevators were out of service one day. It was a small inconvenience.

The building is representative of a historic period of elegance and grand stature. We felt like we were staying at a palace.

Location and historical building.
    • Queen Room

Looked at three rooms before finding one I could get to.,,awkward heavy doors for one mildew For next third room larger but a half window high in ceiling. Stayed in that one. Second day Elevators broke. WiFi broke. Food service very friendly but very slow. Hotel put a hold on my credit card that they did not tell me about. When questioned a desk person pointed to an innocuous plaqard inconspicuously placed and said “see this sign says it.” Despite the fact that I am disabled and had to be helped up five flights of stairs due to broken elevator and was then trapped on the fifth floor until the elevator was repaired Management has not responded to any requests for help.

Location and historical building. Housekeeping and mechanical staff lovely. Management atrocious

A lovely spot to o stay. You cannot go wrong.

The facility is beautiful. The service at all levels was fantastic. Several of us spoke to the different folks working there making beds, checking in, bartenders, etc. They were all pleasant and helpful. We have gone out of ou way to stay here.

Phoebe Snow Would be Proud

When we arrived at our room, the "do not disturb" sign was on the door. So we went back down to the desk and they checked it out, discovering that the room was empty but had not yet been made up. So they we able to get us another room and graciously helped out by compensating us somewhat for our trouble. They handled the matter very professionally.

So glad they were able to save, restore and re-imagine a use for this grand old railway station. The tile scenes located on the walls of the restaurant showing the landscape images along the Lackawanna Railroad from New York City to Buffalo are historical gems. The food and staff at the restaurant were top notch. Overall a very good experience and so much better than the generic chain hotels that could be anywhere.

Way over charged by restaurant

See above plus $2.00 delivery fee ,plus room service fee of 11.34 totaling $24. plus tip expected.

No normal breakfast just fancy so can be charged higher. IE no just bacon , eggs , potatoes etc.Only $30 - 40 Gourmet !

Would highly recommend staying here- you won’t be disappointed.

We liked everything about the hotel. Beautiful inside and the history of the hotel was fascinating. Very unique and different. Food and staff were fantastic. Will definitely stay again and bring our dog next time.

Good location for a visit to the University.

I wish they would have had curtains that closed all the way. My room was on the side next to an athletic field with very bright lights that did not go off until later in the evening. Other than that, the room was fine.

Pleasant quick stay located downtown where we needed to be.

Heaterwas loud and windows were drafty. Everytime the heater kicked on it woke us up.

Beautiful hotel, located near where we needed to be. Bed was super comfortable.

The bed was super comfy and the room service was great.

There was a stain on the rug and a dead bug in the window. Also there was a funny smell in the room.

The bed was super comfy and the room service was great. The food was delicious.

Historic, classic building with a great value hotel inside!

Really nothing wrong this wkd.

I really like this hotel. Not all rooms are exactly the same size because it is the historic classic RR station that’s been made into a great hotel. Great beds, clean and warm...terrific cleaning staff. The location is an easy walking distance to aby downtown venue. Great brunch at the hotel and many great downtown restaurants. Easy on/off the highway connection.

Beautiful balance of old fashioned charm and modern comforts

The only negative comment I have is that I tried to order breakfast through their online application and there were a couple of snags in that system. However, just picking up the phone the old fashioned way brought us a hot, delicious breakfast.

They have beautifully balanced the charm of an old restored train station with modern amenities. The location was perfect for our needs.

The architecture of this hotel is breathtaking;

The architecture of this hotel is breathtaking; so many of the original fixtures, tile and mosaics are in tact. The deli and bar areas were great. Staff was very friendly and our room was large and very clean.

I have stayed at this property several about 20 years ago.

Parking can be an issue when an event is being held.

I have stayed at this property several about 20 years ago. This is my first trip back in a long time. I am very happy to see it is kept updated and well maintained.

Pleasant stay

The room itself was average. The bathroom had a foul odor and our toilet did not flush. The staff was helpful though and fixed the toilet when we let them know it wasn’t flushing.

The building is absolutely beautiful!

The hotel is pretty central.

We stayed for five days and our room was only cleaned twice. Not to mention the cleaning staff is awful. They don’t do a good job at all. When we checked into our room there was a bench at the foot of our bed that had residue of trail mix there that was not left by us. And it was there our entire stay. The hotel could be absolutely gorgeous but the way they renovated it was cheap and takes away from the charm of an antique train station. Also the rooms are weird no two rooms are alike And not in a cool way in a shortcut to construction way. When we originally checked in our bathroom did not have a tub it was a toilet in the shower for handicap people. So I had to change rooms. The front desk clerk told me that they don’t know what rooms have what in them. It’s a very odd hotel and the amenities are pretty minimal for the price. But if you need to stay somewhere central it is satisfactory.

The hotel is pretty central. It’s walkable to downtown Scranton which is great.

Wouldn't stay there again.

I had no idea how this hotel get so high rating at booking.com. I chose this hotel based on rating, but my stay was a disaster and I never had such a bad experience. No forced ventilation in bathroom. So, after shower, all humidity will be in a room. Stains on a ceiling, trash and dirt in corners and under the sink in bathroom. In-room heating unit is really loud. I woke up every time when it was starting. In-between room door are really thin and not soundproof. I can hear what they were talking, so no privacy at all. Windows are old and cold air was sipping to the room. Room-service is bad. First day they came and took only trash, no new towels and etc. Had to ask at reception to clean the room. At second night, fire alarm started at 2:30am. Had to quickly get out of building to freeing cold with kids in pajamas. Not a fun and didn't get any excuses or explanation from a stuff. There are nice Irish pub right next to the building, so at our third night group of drunk morons were yelling, fighting during the night until someone called the police.

Nice historical building. Close to downtown.

Historic old hotel experience.7

Nothing that I would criticise other than a bit confusing signing at parking lot. Exit not very clearly indicated to see on a dark night. Entrance easier to see when approaching from direction of Steamtown.0

Good bed. Everything very clean.

Stay back in time for a while, beautiful restored train station from the turn of the century.

It was VERY cold outside, lol, but that was not the hotel's fault. No complaints otherwise.

This was a perfect example of what I look for in a Boutique hotel! This is a converted train station with a lot of history. Great effort was made to keep the feel of turn of the century luxury. Price was very good, would have been worth even more. I did not have the breakfast, that came at an extra cost, but wish I had. The room was very quiet, well appointed and restored very well using some of the original architecture.

Beautiful and clean hotel in a charming historic train station!

Overall the hotel was great and we had a wonderful stay. My only complaint is that the drapes in the room were not able to be closed... They had sheer curtains but the large blackout curtains were not movable. This meant light from the outside city surroundings was coming into the room all night. Made it a little hard to sleep.

I loved that the hotel used to be a grand train station and they worked so much of the historic charm into the ambiance of the hotel. The rooms on the upper floors look out into what is now a restaurant/ballroom down on the main level. The staff was extremely friendly and I did not pass one employee who didn't say hi or ask me how my stay was. The room was bigger than I expected and very clean. Each nightstand had a USB outlet in it which made it easy to charge my phone without an outlet adapter (which I forgot at home). Also, there was a wedding going on downstairs in the ballroom and you couldn't hear anything from our room... kudos to great soundproofing!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Very nice

Very late arrival 1:00am and nothing in hotel open relied on vending machines which were not working.

We loved the nostalgia of the hotel, in addition we enjoyed the double queen size room and a quiet stay as we had requested. No noises from elevator, slamming doors or cleaning staff. We look forward to our next stay. We are frequent visitors to Univ of Scranton which is within walking distance and also to the historical town.

Except for the disappointing second-day breakfast, a good stay.

Two different breakfasts in the hotel restaurant, and two completely different experiences. First day's crew was responsive, friendly, informative, and quick to serve. Second day seemed the farm team: Slow, confused, nowhere to be found, and, it seemed, uncomfortable dealing with the public. Maitre'd looked sloppy, and--when we could attract her attention--our waitress's smiling but annoying answer to everything was, "no problem."

Magnificent old building (former train station) with many of the original decor. Unique and beautiful. Omelettes were great!

We had a great stay, the hotel was beautiful.

The check in process took too long and they did not show the 2 night reservation that I had a booking.com confirmation for. It made checking in uncomfortable. Also they charged me more than booking.com said it was.

It was beautiful.

Beautiful historic building.

As convenient as they probably are, the charging receptacles next to the bed have lights that interfere with sleep.

Beautiful historic building. Big, comfortable rooms.

A nice stay in a thoroughly renovated hotel in Scranton!

Radisson has been restoring this hotel which was originally built in the early 1900's. They have done a remarkable job and the property is now beautiful. There is a very good restaurant on the property and the food was delicious. I needed to do some work on the computers in the business center and the staff were very helpful.

Never again

The bathroom was dirty. The sink would not drain and filled up. The tub looked dirty the door to the bathroom needed to be wiped down. The bathtub shower switch was so carotid that you couldn't switch from shower to tub. Parking was so bad in the day time couldn't find a spot in front.

Breasfast

The building itself, especially the lobby and then stained...

The building itself, especially the lobby and then stained glass ceiling. Beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are small. I like the art of Steamtown on the walls.

The wedding was beyond expectations, except for the above complaints.

SEE ABOVE.

Most of the staff were great. Reservation desk - one not trained or helpful at all. Luis (Banquet Service) Carol - waitress were outstanding. Charming venue. Complaints - #1 only one Bellhop on weekend where you had TWO WEDDINGS as well as UNIV OF SCRANTON PARENTS WEEKEND. #2 HANDICAP PARKING/RAMP. We had to park considerable distance at ramp & walk long distance thru hotel to get to room on 3rd floor also long distance from elevator. Not one staff member advised us of better parking although we asked many. #3 I requested when making reservation, confirming x2 & arrival re' HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE ROOM w/WALK IN SHOWER. Was assured & confirmed, however, DID NOT HAVE IT. As I am recovering from major surgery on lower extremities & massive heart attack, I definitely required above. Requested room close to elevator so I would not have long walk. #4 both elevators did not open safely. There was a gap of at least an inch making it very very dangerous for EVERYONE ENTERING OR LEAVING THE ELEVATORS. We reported it but nothing was done in THREE DAYS. Unacceptable & huge legal action waiting to happen. #5 we requested room to be cleaned/beds made, etc. on Saturday which was never done. The Pilosi/Squadrito Wedding reception, cocktail hour and following brunch was perfect. My granddaughter graduated from Univ of Scranton in May '17 and her prom, etc. were held at your hotel & exceptional as well.

The hotel was fine BUT they did not have our reservation...
    • King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The hotel was fine BUT they did not have our reservation that was booked through Bookng.com. The front desk said they had no more rooms. I was able to book through Expedia. I will Never use booking again and will advise others to stay away from the site

Restaurant staff very helpful and always ready to answer any question.. Good for them.

Some of the front desk staff very rude and not friendly at all.. I called for an issue with the room and one hour later came and that was because I have to call them again to reminder that I was waiting for someone to help me.

Booking.

Booking. Com was VERY misleading... I put in a request for a hotel with a pool and this came up so I booked it and travelled there. I was EXTREMELY upset on how you marketed the hotel. I was told that this was not the first mix up about the pool. Please change your categorization. Thank you

Never again

See above.

The room was overpriced at $200 a night. The bed was not made up. There was only one bar of soap. The AC was too loud and there was a barking dog just down the hall. We have stayed at the hotel before but never again and we mean it.

Acceptable stay in a unique hotel.

We booked a king room, but we didn't find out our room was two queens until getting to our room. When I called the front desk, the gentleman told me the king rooms were under maintenance and were unavailable. I would have appreciated him telling me that upon check in.

Building was unique and resembled a train station.

Lovely modernized historic hotel

Could have used some safety bars in the tub/shower. Shiny marble floors in entry and bath area are slippery when wet.

Beautifully renovated railroad station. Gorgeous lobby interior. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The main areas of the hotel were beautiful

The staff wasn't as knowledgeable as they should have been. We had a very bright light strip outside our window that made our room as bright as day. They said they couldn't shut it off. I said it was like daylight and the heavy outside curtains couldn't be closed. She gave us binder clips and rubber bands to pull then together... the next day, we realized there was an underlying curtain liner that could have been pulled shut and would have made the room dark...

The main areas of the hotel were beautiful

Don't. Just don't...

Hotel Maids complaining about management in the hallways, cigarette smoke in the elevator, hotel staff threatening to take a bat to a vehicle in the parking lot, hotel customer service attendant (guessing) wearing a blank t-shirt with no identifying information that we had to deal with to resolve an issue with, unprofessional staff behind the counter, we were overcharged for the room and the room was dirty with bodily fluid stains on the sheets and pillows.

The lobby has a very beautiful tapestry. An attendant we met in the elevator was very professional and was the only person to speak.

Beautiful building downtown.

Friendly staff, good location, nice lobby but our room had an unpleasant odour (old building smell); we didn't complain because it wasn't that bad but it did smell "old". Perhaps new carpets are needed.

Best Spot EVER.

I loved EVERYTHING about this hotel!! It is incredibly charming, the staff is AMAZING (namely Miki at the front desk who was just the nicest and loved on my puppies (appreciated); and, Mathew who I first met at the door but then later came and killed a gnarly spider for me (also, appreciated)). This hotel is also located in a prime spot -- there are a few fantastic eateries just steps away from the front door and downtown was also within walking distance (as far as I recall observing). Just the BEST. Loved the overall vibe of this place -- I will be coming back at some point in my life! :)

Nice, but...
    • Queen Room

Regular breakfast service staff, new rooms were not set up well, room was not clean. Parking was challenging due to the fact local clubs used the lot

Sunday brunch buffet

Beautiful place with substandard services

The behind the desk staff were poor, inattentive and not very helpful. Had a fax sent there that was never received. Twice when needing some help staff were in view chatting but had to wait. Shocked that such a beautiful place had such sub-standard assistance.

The facility was pretty and the restaurant and staff very good.

Historic Scraton stay

You could hear very clearly through the walls and our neighbors left their dog whining in the room for a bit...

The location was great and the hotel is in a very cool old train station.

Don't miss staying in thushistoric hotel - one of a kind experience for travelers!

A loud transformer that buzzed 24/7 either under the room or on outside wall - might even have been the HVAC system in the room. Very unpleasant sound when in the room. Window was very small and not of much "beauty" out of it as it was not really in the living space proper.

Room was clean, towels were new, furniture was not over-worn, carpet was fresh and clean as was bathroom.

Touch a piece of american history

My room had some dust mots.

The location is unique. The hotel is a converted rail station from a time when the town was rich. Eating breakfast surrounded by the original tile works was inspiring.

Disappointment
    • King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

No help at their front door.....no carts available to move our luggage...2 Wedding events going on...only 1 front desk person...long time to check in....did not have our reservation!! Refrigerator missing in room......had to pay $5 a night for parking which was not on your booking.com website!!

Leaving!!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Luxury without the elite!

I liked everything but the toilet was slow to flush and was not effective.

The bed and pillows were so soft and smelled amazing. I loved the sunset out my window, I loved the historical feeling. I really appreciate the beauty of the building.

Beautiful, clean, comfortable - with struggles
    • King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Staff changed rooms (had reserved adjoining rooms) and could not honor this when my mother arrived the next day. She needs assistance and struggled because of error. (We were given a free breakfast, but my mother struggling is unacceptable.) Then my bill was not what Booking.com had said it would be - staff at first defensive and difficult. Not a fun situation when I was on a budget for a grant I had received. (Said Booking.com had not included taxes but I was able to show on confirmation they had been.) Was resolved in my favor - just not fun.

Beautiful facility. Comfortable. Large rooms. Restaurant staff friendly. Clean.

Over priced, train station going nowhere

*See above: also toilet was clogged, rooms were small. Couldn't enjoy the lobby due to multiple baby showers and weddings. Relegated to visit with family in a very small room.

Ordered two breakfast with room service with coffee and tea, they didn't get the order right. Food was not worth 50.00 dollars:

The building is amazing!

Could have a porter on staff. We were 5 women traveling together and could have used help with our bags.

We enjoyed the breakfast..and the overall appearance of the restaurant and bar areas.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The lady at the front desk gave me a much needed comb

The homeless bum that was laying on the bench at the front door with his disgusting smelly ashy grotesque feet out for all the world to gag on Was kinda cool to watch the cops toss him as he screamed out black lives matter

Nice ambiance and

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Hotel is a very beautiful clean place to stay. Customer service sucks but over all hotel Beautiful

It did not have a sauna no microwave in the room and they are still holding money on card after 2 day check out. Front desk not good on customer service.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The hotel was very clean as well

Book somewhere cheaper with more courteous staff.

The staff lacks coutersy, and are not apologetic about our poor experience. They did not receive the Booking reservation, and it took some time to get us accommodated. Under these circumstances, most hotel staff would apologize for the inconvenience but the people there were very defensive about the situation. I also had to request to pay the fare I was guaranteed through Booking; they never asked how much I had reserved the room for, they just asked that I pay full fare for the days. After showing them evidence of my reservation on my phone, they seemed reluctant to room us. They never told us how to access internet, never discussed check-out time, never told us if complementary breakfast was included. Then the morning of the checkout we were greeted by a nice gentleman that gave us a $45 voucher for the restaurant after I asked if there was complimentary breakfast. Since we were pressed to go to the airport, we decided to use the money to order food and drinks for the homeless people we'd come across instead. The man in charge of the bistro area seemed very bitter that we wanted to spend the entirety of our voucher there. After I told him we planned to give the food to the homeless, he gave a slight grimace-- hopefully from shame. Overall, one of my worst hotel experiences. Never booking the Radisson's again.

I liked how Kildare's, an Irish pub, was right across the street. I also liked the historic appearance of the building.

Scranton

Parking was a little tough, also our bartender/waitress at Trax was so so bad that place is a mess but hey can't blame the whole hotel..

So clean and the lobby is beautiful. Staff was friendly. Room was spacious. Just loved it!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

the hotel property was clean and beautiful.

The curtains (sheers) in room 411 were dirty, in 2 different places. The shower head did not work properly.

the hotel property was clean and beautiful.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Happy to give them the business, hotel is a little melancholy...

Called on the phone to check rates, was put on hold for 15 minutes... Disconnected several other times. Although all the rooms were updated, they didn't feel or look new... Pictures better than reality.

Staff was very personable. Liked giving them some business. Lots of history to the old train station.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The hold on our credit card was a bit weird, never...
    • King Guest Room - Non-Smoking

The hold on our credit card was a bit weird, never experienced a deposit being taken out daily, then getting charged for the room a few days later. The hold was returned 6 days later which is a huge inconvenience, I think. But other then that we loved it!!!!

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Evrything was good!

Evrything was good! Room is pretty big and when i was shower I'm very satisfied. Montage mountain resort is very close.only 10 minutes driving. We are really enjoyed.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Choice of dining areas, their love of dogs, the history of...

$75 for dog, drab paint colors with drab lighting in hallways & baths, no green space to walk dogs

Choice of dining areas, their love of dogs, the history of the building

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Weekemd Getaway

I can't think of anything that would make it better

The room was spacious with a great view of the city and it was in a great centralized location where evsverything was within 20 minutes

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

A weekend to remember!

The only thing I could say was parking can be a bit challenging.

The staff was excellent. From the young woman at checkin to the young man in house keeping , to the waitress and bartenders at dinner the were pleasant and very helpful. The woman at the coffee shop on Saturday was very helpful in giving us directions to various sites around town and was most gracious. During both days while riding the elevator, we met several staff personnel who all welcomed us to the Radisson and wished us a pleasant day. The food was also excellent at each venue and the hotel architecture is exquisite. Management should be most proud of your staff and facilities.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great historic building with updated rooms and great staff.

On checking in to the hotel the front desk should provide more info. for example that there was a buffet lunch each day from 11:00 - 2:00 pm.

The location was great. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. There was always someone available to help us. Vincent from Carmen's provided great service and was helpful with suggesting places to go and thing to do in the town......Loved the stay.

Run like the wind until this hotel cleans up their act!!!!!

When I walked into the bathroom there was a dirty washcloth hanging on the shower curtain bar, I over looked this....but to return to my room at 10 pm and the beds were not made, trash cans not emptied, no water bottles (I'm from Scranton, I would never drink the tap water.) It looked like towels were thrown on the shelves in the bathroom.There were no fresh coffee cups for the morning.( very, very bad) To be honest, I questioned everything at that point about the cleanliness of this beautiful Hotel. I felt sad for this architectural beauty....

This is a gorgeous hotel.....as soon as you walk into the lobby, it's as if you are transported back in time. The location was perfect, though why are you charging for parking? It's not like there is a convenient place to park.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

I like the ambiance and quality of the bedding and will stay there again on future visits.
    • King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

1) My card reading door lock's battery wore out and I got locked out of my room causing me to be late for my meeting. When I returned at the end of the day engineering still hadn't fixed it or even tried. Once the manager became aware he immediately moved me to another room. 2) When I travel for a day or two I usually depend on the sample toothpaste & shave cream most hotels have. This hotel was out of those supplies.

Comfortable, well appointed rooms. Looks like the rooms had been recently renovated which it needed. Manager was very helpful with a major problem.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Loved the history and renovation of the building!

The shower/tub could use an updating.

Very nicely renovated old train station. Lots of architectural charm and detail. Location within walking distance of many places we wanted to visit

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

MUST stay in this hotel!

One bar-tender was a real misery. Aside from that it was all good!

Beautiful building, absolutely stunning. Great area, nice pubs/bars/coffee/deli nearby. Friendly staff and rooms reasonable if not mega-fancy... BUT... The building makes up for it and the price is outstanding and they are good rooms don't get me wrong! This is a MUST stay in hotel, we had a great time and the hotel bar serves good food and played good music on Friday/Saturday night!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Historic Landmark Hotel is one of the best hotel stays, ever!
    • Queen Room

Service was really slow in the bar/tavern cafe.

The bed was awesome! It was a cozy afternoon rest upon arrival and a subsequent great night's sleep. My recent Lackawanna Station Hotel visit was the absolute best and highest end Radisson Hotel experience I've ever had. I look forward to a return visit in the near future.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

I would try a different place.

Staff was untrained. Others that were trained weren't particularly cordial. They messed up my booking, and charged me before I got there. They could not find my reservation because they put it under my minor daughter's name. I had to wait an hour for them to figure it out. The room was not very clean. The bathroom especially.

Buildingwas very nice. The converted train station was excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

What a gorgeous place.

Loved the location, a former train station, they really captured the atmosphere. Staff was very nice and accomodating. There is a parking fee (5$ per night). Would love to return.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

not a great start

First room offered was like inside cabin on cruise ship.Dark with height window with no view.Asked for another room that was very nice.It seems this is the norm when booking with 3rd party.Treated like second class citizens always given one of the worst rooms available.You constantly have to complain or just settle.Was told at check-in hotel was only about half full. not a great way to start.Very disappointed with this situation. Better off dealing direct and eliminate middle man.

Very historical site rate I as a 3#.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

That my phone charger came up missing.

That my phone charger came up missing. I left the room to check out and realized when I got downstairs and returned. The door to the room was open by that time by a staff member nobody was inside and phone charger gone from the lamp base it had been plugged into. Front desk called housekeeping and it was a negative.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Melvin was amazing.

The free Wi-Fi had very intermittent signal possibly due to the nature of an old building.

Melvin was amazing. He even gave us a quick little history tour. I loved that the windows opened and the room service coffee was an extra nice touch.The new room decor had just the right touch of elegance and charm.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Very quiet clean room.

There was no leniency for late check out. Just caused slight inconvenience in our stay. But overall was a great hotel

Very quiet clean room. Parking was very convenient

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Good choice for an overnight in Scranton.

Comfortable chairs would help.

A taste of the elegant past in the heart of a lovely city. Weary travelers can find a full service restaurant and bar for a late supper. Beautiful surroundings and tasteful, comfortable room made this the perfect Scranton stop.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Just Expected it to be more ......Not bad though.

There air cond. makes a very loud noise. The hotel area, inside could be cleaned more (all around). Parking was not good. You have to pay to park. Hard to find a place to Park. The outside surrounding area, did not look to appealing, safe..

The Staff, most of them are very nice. The breakfast was good. The food in the bar was good. The room was very clean. I would stay there again. I just thought it had more of a Train station feeling kind of thing going on and it really did not. This is why I pick the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Train station hotels have an extra allure
    • Queen Room

Contrary to the public spaces, the bedrooms themselves are a little drab and utilitarian. Ours had a somewhat saggy bed mattress, noisy A/C unit, and no work desk. More hostel than hotel in feel, but maybe that is part of the old train traveler charm.

Something about being in a train station makes one feel like a true traveler. This hotel remains true to that vibe, with the soaring ceilings, stained glass, and antique station benches - and coffee served early and hot. The staff were all very warm and welcoming. I have few occasions to go to Scranton, but if I do, I will definitely come back here.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Honeymoons Stay

We were on our honeymoon and I was hoping to be offered something special because you only get married once. But it wasn't offered at all.

The huge fluffy bed and plenty of pillows.