Reviews of Raffaello Hotel 4 stars

#97 of 146 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpets were super filthy and had a bad smell. I didnt feel comfortable walking on the carpets barefoot. The sofa bed was slumped in the middle. Very uncomfortable. For the price we paid for the room we should have gotten complimentary drinks and not get charged almost 6 dollars for a can of soda. The elevators only are very small and wait time was very incovenient. I expected alot more from this hotel due to price of room and location. We will never book again at this hotel. Also the food was very expensive and ridiculous. A bowl of cereal (frosted flakes) $6 and if you wanted banana with it, it was an additional 4 dollars. Ridiculous. Thank you

The only thing we liked about the hotel was the location.

I will never stay here again. There are better places with the same price range.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

-Location is a bit out of town given the price -Extremely unhelpful staffs (check-in, during the stay, check-out)

The room was spacious considering it was in Chicago

The location is the absolute best.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The primary negative for our room (I believe 614) was the proximity to the elevator and storage rooms. The noise was constant and I ended up wearing noise-cancelling headphones to sleep. There was no view from our room, just air conditioning units, trash bins, but that is inevitable in many downtown hotels.

The location is the absolute best. The comfort of the room was great, the bathroom very, very nice. The staff was wonderful in genreal and specifically about a late checkout. Hotel still has ice machines on each floor.

The bathroom at the lobby was very dirty !

The bathroom at the lobby was very dirty ! Suite Room, lift and all building structure are old Business Lounge at 2nd floor is a corner with 3 chairs !! No restaurant for breakfast Only roomservice extremely expensive ! Lobby is extremely small Pelago expensive Italian Restaurant for lunch and dinner only located next door is the only pleasent thing

Raffaello is wonderful!

Great location for Chicago tourist destinations & very close to public transit. Large room with seating area & super comfy bed. Overnight Self parking was 1/2 the price of valet option; it was safe, easy, & only 2 blocks away. I would definitely stay here again!

the Location was the only good thing, the bar was cute quaint and crowded
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff had no follow up and no sense of experience or urgency. The valet on Sunday after 11pm was no where to be found nor was the front desk staff. The suite I was in 802 the carpet had holes and one of the sinks didn’t work. The toilet needed plunging during our stay. I would have rather booked the surrounding hotels for the cost. Parking was over 200dollars for three nights😬

The location was great, the restaurant attached was amazing.

I basically like the hotel - was fortunate to get a good price - only a couple of problems

I normally left the room around 11 am and came back later to work again in the afternoons or evenings/whenever. The first day no one came to clean the room at all, but I really didn't need it I was going out early to a meeting, but before I left I went the desk the next morning and asked them to send housekeeping before 1pm. They (housekeeping) went but were just finishing when I got to the room at 1 15pm to work, but the room was well done./clean. The next day housekeeping came around 10am, so I asked them to come back in an hour, but, then again, when I returned at 4pm the room had not been done. So, I cannot give a better rating due to this problem, which the reception was informed about each time, to no available. 3 nights out of 5 problem is not a good mark for an otherwise decent hotel.

Good room size, nice beds, lots of cleaning materials (soap, shampoo, etc;) and good shower/hot water. Room had a thermostat, but I think it is centrally controlled since I couldn t really adjust it. Temperature was consistent. Nice sized microwave. WiFi not the best but was more than adequate for my uses

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upon check in and riding the elevator to our room, we got stuck between floors. The call button in the elevator goes unanswered no matter how many times you try and call. We used our cell phone. Hotel staff was prompt in getting us out within an hour. The Hotel staff apologized but never offered so much as a lunch. We weren't upset or angry for being stuck, so I am guessing that was why. Beds are becoming a little dated. You find yourself rolling to the middle a bit.

Great location. Around the corner from tons of shopping and food! Close to the lake as well. Rooms are clean. Staff is pretty friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location and great space!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Our room could have had some freshener as it was a tad stuffy.

The location is perfect for what we were doing in Chicago. We could easily walk to everything!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Hotel is in an excellent location.

Only issue was with the WiFi which wasn't great.

Hotel is in an excellent location. Our room was very spacious and well maintained. Staff were very pleasant. Coffee available in reception in morning.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location but pricey for what you get and bathroom needed serious upgrading
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom. Could not regulate shower and had a half glass screen which meant floor was always drenched with water. Also, coffee machine in room not great. You had to fill with water from bathroom tap or else have your own supply, hotel did not provide any. Tried it once, but cofee tasted awful. For money we paid, very disappointed as we had been recommended this place.

Location, very convenient to downtown Chicago

Staff was very accommodating.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Drum Bar was closed the whole evening for a private reception. Very limited in-room menu. Our room had no views.

Staff was very accommodating. Room was clean and modern. Self parking was close and easy.

The employees and doormen were outstanding !
    • Grand Executive King Suite

The sofa was uncomfortable and the room was not properly prepared for our arrival. Had to ask for robes and toilet paper.

We stayed in the Grand Executive Suite, the views were amazing.

I'll go back!
    • Deluxe King Suite

There is no breakfast but there is coffee and the valet recommended a restaurant 2 blocks away that was great for breakfast.

Great room! This is one of the nicest rooms on our 12 day trip. Clean, spacious, new, and very quiet. Great neighborhood and the staff gave us great suggestions for restaurants.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Terrific
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Wi-Fi didn't work properly.

Great value for the money. The hotel is very nice, the staff was kind and helpful, the room size is pretty good and everything was always super clean. The location is simply unbeatable. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I would probably book again with them especially if I’m doing things up on the Gold Coast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No Information in the room about were to get ice, how to call the front desk, we were not given a password for WiFi, they didn’t even mention the nice rooftop bar. Bellman was very helpful, desk help was not.

Very quiet which is great in Chicago. Loved the rooftop bar.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Superb location, close to Michigan Avenue, the Beach and the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I haven’t made use of any facilities so I don’t have an opinion on those. We had a room with 2 queens, suitable for 4 people, according to the hotel. Our son slept in one and my husband and I shared the other. Our bed was completely worn out; it felt like it broke down in the middle, so I didn’t sleep well. It’s not what I expect in a 4 star hotel.

Superb location, close to Michigan Avenue, the Beach and the Old Town.

A lovely hotel in a fantastic location, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would recommend to oth
    • Deluxe King Suite

The mattress on the sofa bed was uncomfortable. We booked a suite and had a kitchenette, unfortunately there was no crockery or cutlery and we had to request bowls every morning. The hotel seemed to have an issue with payments and it took a long time to rectify the issue.

The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is in a great location in downtown Chicago. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

The staff made up for the inadequacies but I won’t stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Suite

We had the king suite. The rooms are Tired and bathrooms there have no exhaust fans. The draperies are older and even water marked. We had a view of Delaware but the windows were very dirty.

The staff was great. Regardless of what you asked it was provided promptly. The location was also good.

Nice Hotel.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Nothing. The only thing is the elevators get busy around check out time and you have to wait for a while.

Close to downtown and the lake. Surrounded by good restaurants. Nice rooftop bar. Across the street from Chicago 360. 20 minute walk to Navy pier. I would stay there again. The price is fair for Chicago.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Horrible Restroom/shower, Small room/cold, Will never come back.

The restroom was ridiculous!! It was very small and the walk in shower only had a half glass cover, so whenever you shower the water would wet the entire floor... The room was really small and cold even when I turned the temp. up it was still extremely cold.

The bed was the only plus here.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was adequate for the purpose but the design of the suite was not well thought out for use by a fa
    • Deluxe King Suite

The room didn't really work for us as a family. The shower room door was glass and there was no dividing door other than the glass bathroom door and the lounge area/second bedroom which meant the little people couldn't get to sleep until everyone had finished in the bathroom. Also, we had no appreciated that there would be an additional charge for parking. I don't recall this being clear from the booking.com website.

The pillows were lovely and it was nice to have two separate rooms. The location was excellent for both the city centre and the beach.

Great location for a nice walk to the lake.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is a historic building = little less space. Going to wait for an elevator and possibly not fit.

Great location for a nice walk to the lake. Super friendly staff promptly responded with needed extra coffee, towels and toiletries.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Inconsistent
    • Deluxe King Suite

We booked two king suites for two nights each. One was as expected, large, open airy bedroom, good size bathroom and bright living room. The second room was dark, had stained carpets, very small dark bedroom and tiny bathroom! When I spoke to the manager there was no apology, only that we had been given a complementary upgrade (as if we should be happy with that). When I checked my original booking I found that we had NOT, in fact, been upgraded! Not impressed with this hotel at all, and we’ve stayed at a dozen or more hotels in Chicago over the last few years.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Slow reception
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room they gave us was occupied. The reception was slow and only had one person. Elevators extremely small and slow. The TV in the room was back in a corner and not viewable from both beds.

Bathroom was ok and location perfect

Would stay there again in a heartbeat!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Bathroom was VERY small and shower was European (no door, just half glass barrier), so water on the floor was a given.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

A sweet hotel in a great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A sweet hotel in a great location. Just wish the elevators were a bit bigger, as well as the rooms. Good air conditioning in the rooms would have helped as well. Still, lots of charm and gave us the rest we needed for a few days in the city.

The bell hop David in the evening was very courteous and...
    • Grand Executive King Suite

The bell hop Alex in the morning was very rude and wasn’t doing his job. You can tell he hates his job and hotel guests. People like that should find better jobs suited for them. The hotel skimps on the fine details of the rooms. Can’t be 5 stars when a hotel doesn’t hold their standards high, but keeps prices high.

The bell hop David in the evening was very courteous and helpful. Good customer service skills. The maids were very sweet and attentive. The hotel is in a prime location and the rooms are large. Great value.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great little hotel
    • Deluxe King Suite

Although equipped with kitchenette / microwave, there were no plates etc. Limited TV functionality.

Great location, comfortable room and bed, staff very helpful (eg when looking for ideas and when requesting additional pull-out bed), prompt resolution of a billing query at check-out.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Beautiful red brick building in central Chicago next to The John Hancock Tower. Reception staff very friendly. Lifts operate using room card and Hotel has a rooftop bar! Comfy beds and good shower too.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Charming, clean but older hotel in the heart of the City.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

2 old, slow elevators and no breakfast restaurant. They should make a serious investment in replacing the elevators with 2 new ones and buing the nextdoor restaurant and doing complementary breakfast. Then we would definately come back!

Nice clean room and bathroom every day. Helpful staff and doormen.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Overrated and expensive. Average hotel at best.

The staff. In particular the doorman, Alex. He was rude and far from helpful, providing expensive parking alternatives when other options were round the corner! He seem angry, and unwilling to help.. my wife and I didn't feel we wanted to walk through the hotel lobby, as we wished to avoid seeing him. He didn't open the door or greet us. Front of desk were fine, but again seemed reluctant to help when needed.

The location was fantastic, right in the heart of Chicago.

Near the beach
    • Deluxe King Suite

1- the parking very expensive 66$ par a day 2- the parsons currier luggage’s wasn’t friendly he was work in the morning 3- the hotels take in my masters card money more value of booking as well I sent to them a lot of emails and they did not answer my

Near the beach

Great!!!!!!

I liked the area. We had never stayed that far north & it was an awesome location. Quiet hotel, clean. Friendly staff. Secure elevators. Flavored water avail all day 😁

Great location but lacks quality we hoped for...
    • Deluxe King Suite

Deluxe suite dated with bubbled paint (damp?) on ceiling and old style paint on walls of living area Room looked grubby and tired No extraction fan in bathroom, old fashioned style No minibar pricelist in room Lifts are tiny and often busy

The roof bar, drumbar, is sophisticated with great music and drinks Very comfortable beds Excellent water flow from shower Brilliant location near Michigan Avenue - walk to most shops easily Direct/blunt but helpful concierges

Great city, lots of sights within walking distance, expensive hotel esp.in July and August
    • Deluxe King Suite

The room was not clean we had to change for another one. At our request they agreed to give us a better one. No breakfast but lots of great restaurants and cafés nearby.

Ideal location. Within walking distance to most sights. Very close to the Hancock Tower and the River and the Magnificent Mile and the Navy Pier

Great hotel choice!

Dumbar didn’t offer anything to munch on with their drinks.. price for a cocktail approximately $16, unless you go for happy hour and then they offer only a few items.

Great location. Staff exceedingly helpful. Dumbar (rooftop bar) very nice, but very crowded. Make sure to go for happy hour, but be prepared for the crowds.

I was really looking forward to staying at this boutique...
    • Deluxe King Suite

I was really looking forward to staying at this boutique hotel w/my daughter. Although the location is Great (right next door to John Hancock Bld and right around the corner from the American Girl store) this is NOT a hotel that truly welcomes kids. The one and Only restaurant on the property will only allow children 12 and up. (My daughter is 7). The “lounge” on the 18th floor is adults only because it’s a bar and not a “lounge.” If you’re wanting to eat while you’re at the hotel, you’re only option is room service. That menu is Very limited!! We’re talking 3 options for breakfast. The muffin/toast choice will cost you close to $22 after room service fees. An avocado/turkey sandwich ended up costing close to $40 and there are no French fries offered as a side. (What room service doesn’t have fries??) The room itself is spacious but Very dated. Carpet in our particular room was so bad that we kept our socks on. Staff is friendly though. I would Definitely stay somewhere else next time. There’s a Hilton across the street, a Westin and The Drake close by that offer competitive pricing.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

hotel idealy located for tourist and beach access & comfy room.

the lifts were to small, often had to wait and let lift pass as already full.

Location, staff friendly and very helpful. Room comfortable. Fresh water in lounge a bonus. Roof top bar fabulous. Ideal location for tourist sites and coast, with lovely comfy cool room to return to at the end of a busy very hot day. Nothing was to much trouble for the door staff, come rain or shine (or even heatwave) they had a smile. Hotel building had character was not bland like most modern hotels.

Family short trip
    • Deluxe King Suite

When we arrived, they all seemed very stressed. Even the concierge was rude. Don't know what happened, but they seemed to pissed all the time. We stayed for 3 nights and on the last day we got a smile. We didn't need anything from them, so we didn't bother them to much. You can use valet parking for US62,- or use the garage 200meters away for US38,- a day. They only have two elevators, so we had to wait a lot, because it was always full and we had a stroller with us.

The location of the hotel is great. We walked almost everything. Navy pier, Millennium Park and the 360 Tower is next door!

I will stay there next time I am in Chicago. Best hotel staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpet might have been better but I really had to think hard to come up with a dislike. Bathroom was a bit small but fixtures and towels the best!

Staff was exceptional! They answered all questions, recommended restaurants, took care of our luggage so we could walk around town after checking out. I have never stayed at hotel where staff was so friendly and accommodating! The roof- top patio was so relaxing, and, again staff right there to offer service.

Its was close to some things we had planned that we wanted...

The evaluator was a little slow and not much room. This is an older hotel but if they have some things a little love it would be awesome. We didnt have anything really we didnt like.

Its was close to some things we had planned that we wanted to do. We got a really good deal on the room as well so for the price we got it I couldn't complain.

Nice staff only goes so far

Wallpaper peeling. Floors were dirty. The room was musty and always smelled wet. Looked worn and unclean. Cost was way too high for this place that I would compare to a downtown motel. Definitely not deserving of a 4 star rating and hence I feel the advertisement for this hotel was misleading.

The staff were friendly, though there wasn't anything they could fix immediately.

Nice but inconvenient for a family that is driving from out of town
    • Grand Executive King Suite

No sink for the glasses in the room. Its not family friendly and parking was astronomical. They emphasize on parking it was terror. Heat does not work during the spring which is bad if you stay cold.

The staff was nice. Housekeeping was wonderful. They were pleasant. No rushing on leaving and they gave you time to pack before they come clean the room.

Excellent location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bedding was not clean - comforters are old and dirty, we found hair (gross!) on the mattress protector! The room was pretty humid and the older a/c had a hard time keeping up.

Excellent location! We enjoyed the fruit infused water in the lobby daily.

I’m really not sure that I would spend the money to stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The bed was broken down on one side and was not comfortable, had to sleep on the other side of the bed.Very glad there weren’t two people in this king size bed!

Size of room

Great Stay Near Michigan Avenue

The only thing that we did not like was that the food restaurants around this property did not stay open super late. Also we wanted to go to the Roof top bar because we had a opening on Thursday night and they were supposed to close at 2:00 am. But they were actually closed at 12:30.

We really loved how close we were to all of the shopping. We mostly used Lyft or used CTA when we went far away. But we loved how close we were to everything.

After a long-day of sight-seeing, we were greeted with a musty-smelling room.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The grand deluxe king suite was musty-smelling. The obvious musty smell could hardly be ignored once you enter the room. Annoyingly, I had to ask for toiletries three times in our six-day stay; I've stayed in many hotels in my travels, and these were be provided daily. The two elevators were small and slow-moving; we were travelling with a baby in a stroller and had to squeeze inside the tight space.

Walking distance from good eating and shopping places, the church, and the beach.

The location is great;

the concierge/front-desk service was not accommodating to routine requests - maid service in the evening, etc (The cleaning service itself was very nice when it was done). Not all front desk staff was curt, but some staff's hospitality can be improved upon.

The location is great; very close to a beach for lake Michigan, a block away from the mag mile and the museum.

Perfectly located downtown, with views of the Hancock Tower...
    • Deluxe King Suite

There is not much to knock on this hotel. It is an older property so at times you can hear the people in the next room but it wasn’t that noticeable. The bathroom also didn’t seem to have a vent fan, not a super huge deal either. There was weird texture on the walls in one of the rooms, it looked liked gooped on cake frosting. So mostly trivial things and none that would keep me from recommending the property.

Perfectly located downtown, with views of the Hancock Tower and Lake Michigan, the property was also very clean. It looks like as if the bathroom was recently updated as well. It had a great rain shower head. The bed was comfortable with nice pillows and comforter. The upstairs Drumbar was very trendy, great atmosphere, with great cocktails. The bartenders take pride in what they make. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable of the area, gave great pointers for getting around town. I would definitely stay there again

Great location and pretty place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing I didnt like about this hotel. The only little detail is the elevator. It has two, but they are small so it can only take a few people at the time. Even though I would definitely come back.

I love the hotel style and location. It is just right begin the Hancok Tower and a few blocks away the Michigan Lake Shore. The room was pretty, clean and with a lot of space. If you like trendy bars you can go up to the 18th floor to Drumbar.

The room was okay for the price. Probably wouldn’t stay again.

Front desk staff wasn’t very helpful or welcoming upon arrival. Carpet was dirty in room. Couldn’t find self parking at address listed on website.

Great location. Doormen and bellhops were very polite and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable with quality bed and pillows.House keeping perfect, our room was extremely clean. We always had fresh towels and the carpets were spotless. This hotel was located in the perfect place for us , something to do in every direction. We would definitely be staying again in future.

Great room for a great price!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tiny elevators and glass shower had no curtain so it was a little drafty.

Great location, larger room, microwave in the room and refrigerator, huge bathroom with vanity area.

Amusement park bathroom!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Our bathroom was a total mess. My toilet leaked from the bottom every time you flushed. And the shower leaked also. Needless to say we had to ask for extra towels to soak up the water after use. I spoke with the front desk and all he could say was "sorry about that!"

It was close to all the great landmarks!

Good but not great. Could have updated the bathrooms better.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Although our deluxe king room was spacious the bathroom was TINY! It didn’t match the space you would assume comes with a deluxe king suite. The half glass wall shower made the bathroom floor wet after each shower.

Location, drum bar, quiet, discount for Exhale Spa,

It's okay if you're desperate and need a place to stay in Chicago within the city area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Short staff, lack of amenities, elevator was small and slow, the room was not cleaned, the wifi didn't work in the room, the lights were not working, expensive for what it is.

The rooms were spacious

Great location but old hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is old and bath room wall looks like its about to collapse.

Room was spacious. There is microwave which helps a lot with small children meals.

Disappointed.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Air conditioning didn’t work in the room. Elevators are small and slow. At times we had to wait 3-4 elevators to get to our room. At times there were doorman and sometimes not so you’re on your own to get a taxi. Room was spacious but vents need cleaning. You could see dust build up. Decor is tired and rugs need replacing. Lobby is stark! No newspapers or coffee but there was water. At checkout no one asked how was your stay?

Location was perfect with easy walk to lake, Michigan Ave, Navy Pier. Room was spacious.

100% recommend this place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was difficult to get used to. There was only one setting (turn the handle to about 3 o'clock) where it was not either ice cold or boiling. But when you know it, it is not such a big deal.

Everything else was perfect! Great value for money. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Location was fantastic.

Ratio of price and what you get.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

2 lifts available for an 18-floor building. It took us 15 minutes of eqiting to get down from 7th floor with a strawley since the lift was always full.

Ratio of price and what you get. Eventually location was good walking distance with children under 10 to whole downtown. It took us about hour of pleasant walk to get from hotel to Union train station.

Best hotel for the location, the price and the staff!! I felt like the 1%!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Raffaello is an older building (built 1926) but has been remodeled into a contemporary lavish hotel. The staff went well overboard making our trip special by making us feel like family. GREAT location!! And every Uber driver knew exactly where it was, no issues getting anywhere. Loved it!! David, the doorman was the best!!

Positives include price and location.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Carpets in the room were old. We asked for an upgrade and paid extra because the first room didn't have enough beds for non related 4 adults.

The location close to downtown, bike sharing and the lake. Staff were always helpful. Clean.

The Raffaello Hotel should be avoided at all cost.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Where to begin? Let's start with the fact I had to call the front desk to ask for a different room within the first 10 minutes of entering. The room was a disaster and it took just a quick glance to realize we had made a big mistake booking here. It was dirty, the chairs had stains on them, the tables had very noticeable scratches and chip marks, the bathroom floor was uneven, the dresser drawer in the living area wouldn't close, towels were shredded, and the best part, and the reason why enough was enough, was what at first looked like vomit on the bed frame, but turned out to be a huge scraped off part of the fabric. The fact it wasn't vomit was a huge relief as I think we both would have probably passed out on the spot. The view from the room was a back parking lot with dumpsters, but that might have been the nicest view in the place. After telling us they couldn't switch our rooms, they called five minutes later and said we would be moved. (Without a word of apology or care that the room they put us in was horrible). And while that room was a hundred times better, it was still a mess, dirty, missing wood on the walls and more. It was not at all what the pictures online will lead you to believe. Both rooms were bad, with the first being something the hotel should be embarrassed over. We especially loved when leaving the room for the final time, and I checked under the bed to find a note that said the hotel had checked and cleaned under the bed too. Nice. Except for the fact there was a pretzel stick there, along with a water bottle underneath the side dresser. Neither of us ate pretzels in the room. Pretty disgusting, right? The AC barely kept the room cool enough either, and that was setting it at 50 just to get it cool. And the hotel desk staff was rude and unhelpful as well. The workers at the door were very helpful though. They deserve credit, the desk people need to be trained on customer relations.

The only positive thing about the hotel was the location, which was two short blocks from the Magnificent Mile and a very, very long walk to the Navy Pier. The location was nice, the hotel was a dump.

• Deluxe King Suite

Room (King Suite) was dirty upon arrival and remained so for duration - dusty, dark and distinctly old in feel. No air conditioning in any of the rooms, centrally controlled system and no room service. No free water provided and coffee rationed to one per day. Had the trip have been any longer we would have sought an alternative since the pictures and reviews did not reflect the hotel or room accurately.

Nice hotel in an excellent location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi didn’t work properly for the whole stay. I reported at the reception but nothing changed. The housekeeper knocked every morning on the door before 8.30 am. I think that it’s too early and quite annoying.

Perfect location to visit Chicago. Big and clean room.

Enjoyed, will likely stay again.

Beds very nice, lobby very nice, staff excellent. Location Tops, rooms bathroom little small, Overall excellent place to stay. Great access too everything

Pompous style facade along with poorish service.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Reception isn't helpful and friendly, estimates the guests from the point of money left/lost. The elevator is too small and rare... Sometimes the personal may skip into your room several times a day, the things left in the hotel stay... in the hotel.

The pillows were awesome... Location is perfect, but the entrance door is too hard...

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the property.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Although the bathroom had pretty design features, it did lack in some practicality and functunality. We would have liked to have some counter space and a complete shower door so the floor did not pool with water dying a shower.

Amazing staff, particularly the doorman Alex. He really went above and beyond and just made the visit to Chicago that much better. Great location. Very upscale nice hotel atmosphere. We had a suite so The was plenty of space in the room.

For the price the hotel was good.

My view was ugly and the hotel bar closed early. Didn't get to check it out especially since it was on the roof top. Elevators are too small.

Very clean and the staff were very nice.

Good value for the money, large suite.
    • Deluxe King Suite

"This old hotel" problems: door to room stuck horribly had to hip check it to get it open every time and once inside it was a two handed all your might pull to open. Staff was informed but nothing was done and no comp offered. Also a piece of the plaster ceiling fell over the make-up area. It was vacuumed up when we discovered and reported it to the front desk.

Good value for the money, large suite.

Comfortable room and well appointed facilities

Noise of heating (?) unit outside our window - always there and would kick in during the night & wake me. Bed a bit too soft for us...

Comfortable room and well appointed facilities

It was a nice place

I did not like not knowing i was going to be changed for a bar... And i didn't like ..my credit card being over charged i had to call and call to get my money back.

It was a nice place

The location is ideal because it is just a few blocks away...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was uncomfortably warm. The air conditioning did not work. Our door would not shut from the outside without extreme force. The shower was poorly designed; the floor gets really wet.

The location is ideal because it is just a few blocks away from the lake and shopping. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I will definitely stay again but insist on a better room.

There are 70 hotels in this 4 square mile area. We will not return to this one.
    • Deluxe King Suite

1. Two extremely small and slow elevators. 2. The air conditioner in our room. Loud and not very cool. 3. Housekeepers that enter your room at odd hours without giving you a chance to open the door before they open it themselves and walk in. 4. No location to get coffee, snacks, or drinks in the hotel. 5. On our last morning we woke up to no hot water. 6. Loud and obnoxious guests on our floor. We had to call the front desk twice (1am and 3am) in the same evening.

Almost nothing.