Reviews of Motel 6 Raleigh - North 2 stars

2641 Appliance Court, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA

#63 of 68 hotels in Raleigh

6.2

I liked the price from booking but the hotel charged $15...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price hotel charged was not the same as what booking said it would be.

I liked the price from booking but the hotel charged $15 more than that. I will never stay there again I promise you that. If your gonna tell me a price make sure they know what it is and abide to it.

All the hallways smelled like urine.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All the hallways smelled like urine. The room was as clean as it could be? I guess. My girlfriend and I had to sanitize the whole room. The refrigerator was unplugged, when I made the reservation 3 days prior. The daytime female manager was amazing. The nightime male was completely unhelpful. Dude had no energy, passion, or drive. The only request we had was more towels, he made a huge deal about making us go up to the 3rd floor and retrieve the other towels first. As I am back in my room, I realize I left my $53 Juul vapor pen in the lobby, as soon as i return to the lobby, I observe the Male manager observing my vape pen, with the intentions of putting it in his pocket. I am aware the price of the hotel was right. but would absolutely pay the additional $30+ to stay anywhere else in the world. This place was embarrassing and disgusting.

I was very disappointed with my stay and I would not be returning back there

I didn't like nothing about this stay in the room the room bathroom sink was stopped up and room was reserved and upon checking room was not clean

Drug filled, unsafe,motel with ants
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everyone was smoking pot at the hotel, there were ants all over our room, there was a huge fight outside at the liquor store, it was not a very safe area and there seem to be no standards for how people are to act while staying at the property

A waste of money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean up the facility, clean up the parking lot, follow up on smoking the whole third floor smelled of marijuana. Desk clerk eating potato chips st the desk upon arrival didn’t bother to wash her hands and did not greet me lobby was also dingy.

Worst ever never again not clean and felt very unsafe
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was not clean on the outside l had to wait an hour for my room wasn't ready. couldn't get any sleep people walked outside my room all night l don't smoke they put me in a room with a door connects to another room the people in it smoked and l have bad allergies the worst ever l got no sleep l won't stay again didn't seem that safe no security on property at all

Price was ok the staff was nice the man who checked me in helpful location was ok

Satisfactory for the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The motel grounds are not kept clean and areas where people are smoker's are not kept clean- cigarettes butts are visible every where. When I first reserved the motel, I requested a non-profit smoker room. But when arrived I was given a smoker's room and the motel was full- so the next day we changed rooms and we were comfortable in our room in the 3rd floor.

Room was clean- daily clean towels, bed sheet

Lipstick on a PIG
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

After check-in, I proceed to the room #302. So it's on the 3rd floor with no elevator. No big deal as I was alone & only had my bag. When I get in the room, I noticed the floor looked like it hadn't been swept. After inspection of the bed, I found hair,crumbs, & a food wrapper made up in the bed. I heard the maids in the hall, so I asked them to change the linen. They handed me a set of sheets & I changed them myself. I asked for them to sweep & was given a broom. Again swept the room myself. When I go to turn on the heat on the 60 year old wall unit, the floor gave way & it caved in. I emailed the property with no response , nor was the girl at the front desk able to do anything for me.

The color of the wall.

Not comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

How the room was it was dirty and I wouldn't never stay there they need to remodel that whole place I wouldn't pay 20$ for any of them room

Decent place for the money paid.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator, side stairs in very bad shape, it is a sign of no smoking on the entrance of 3rd floor but once you open the door you can smell badly and intense smell of marijuana in the hall, I had to put one towel under the door to prevent that smell go thru and they didn’t do something for take those individuals away. In the morning the same stairs had blood stains looking like somebody was assaulted and then dragged all the way down to the first floor... very scary.

Room was clean... no rug, so was excellent.

The worse
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The room sheets weren’t clean someone left the refrigerator unplugged so it leaked water causing me to slip n fall when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The guy was rude when My husband called to try to get him to document it my fall and hung up on him. We will be obtaining an lawyer.

The lady that was first there.

It wasn't bad, with a few little improvements it could have been awesome
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The room didn't have much for towels and the pillows were mini, the bathroom was a closet

Had a nice look,the bed was comfortable and the staff was polite

Cheap but should be cheaper
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Bed, cleanliness of the room and thats about it.

Seen a roach in the room and bed could've been a lot more comfy. They need to lower the price about $10. No carpet everything is that fake wood on the floor which is okay.

Would not stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside and the inside was not clean. There was no pool. There was no complimentary breakfast.

The room was completely redone that was nice, but there was a lot of drug dealing going on around the property. The property was disgustingly dirty. The staff was so so.

Glad to have clean Towels and bed sheet.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Ok, the property is rugged in many areas rust and broken stairs. Many spiders along the walkways. I requested a smoking room and didn't have an ashtray when I arrived. Just a little up keep and some tender loving care. Overall I'm satisfied, the property could just use some touching up.

Glad to have clean Towels and bed sheet. Easy to find, had gas and food really close.

I will never stay a place like this again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were uncomfortable, they didn't have a remote or blow dryer. Iron was not available. The smell in the halls and in the room didn't smell goood at all. The stairs were falling apart.

What i like about this property is that its affordable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Linens are not presentable.floor gets gritty quick. Front desk walked in on me naked after giving me a late checkout (12:00pm)

What i like about this property is that its affordable. The overall facility is clean but the rags and towels are too hard (rough) the soap has a funny smell like bug spray the room is empty nothing really inviting. But the front desk staff are very helpful and nice.they have life time movie network lol

Super bad smell
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I had a non-smoking room and the whole room smelled so bad. The smoke smell was so intense and disgusting, I had to wash my whole clothing of my luggage too. It was bad!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

I was kinda of nerves at first.. It's was a lot of hanging out there . Too many police officers.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very smelly.. the floors was sticky!!

Only thing was served was coffee and the coffee wasn't served at the time I went to get some at 5:30 in the morning!!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It was ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very crowded overbooked and lots of rude people in the rooms. One came out completely naked with a very small towel trying to conceal her. Only was there due to needing to sleep before completing the last 13hrs of a 23 hr drive.

Clean rooms decent size.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Worse stay ever
    • Queen Room - Smoking

My room had a bad oder on the out dude it look run down and around 3am they're where arguing and fighting couldn't sleep at all. It was so much traffic out side the hotel i just sat in the window making sure no one touch my car

Nothing at all

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As soon as i got into the room, roaches began to come out from under the table. There was a guy knocking on my door pretending to be the police. I called the office and made a report of the situation. I barely got rest because of the discomfort.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I was kicked out of the room for 6 guest, that weren't staying. Just stopping by to say hello, and I didn't receive refund. Being that it was my last And I'm homeless.

There were roaches in the room.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

There were roaches in the room., marijuana smell all the way to the room.., activity all hours of the nite outside.., someone even knocked or pounded in the door at 3 AM

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Microwave is not one of the options on your amenities choices. Would have helped me to choose.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave, so had to buy food instead of using what I was already traveling with. Room only had a bed and a table for 2. No dresser or anything high , so everything had to go on the floor when I wanted to use the table.

Price, comfortable bed. Good wi-fi

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

I noticed that there r microwaves and mini fridges in da...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I noticed that there r microwaves and mini fridges in da smoking rooms and not in non-smoking rooms, which meant I had to spend more money... Front desk had no answer on y... Also I wanted to watch a local channel and it wasn't available suprisingly... Not sure if I would stay there again

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

the room was very clean and nice smelled fresh fresh lemon...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

that they didn't have a blow dryer

the room was very clean and nice smelled fresh fresh lemon clean fridge and microwave I will absolutely stay there again

My best moment at Motel 6 once when I went downstairs to get...

P.m.

My best moment at Motel 6 once when I went downstairs to get a drink they had some freshly-made brewed coffee. That was a moment of pure excitement and an unexpected Joy. What I like about Motel 6 and my stay here was the basics were all in place . I had everything I needed and yet there was I sing for love that place the responsibility on me where it should be to enjoy the journey. I came for 3 days and during the course of my stay those 3 days decided to stay 7 more as my business required an extended stay for me. I return to this location at least once a month and I am sure that many of those returns would include my stay at the Motel 6 Raleigh North on Appliance Court. Thank you guys for leaving the light on for me.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The room was very very very cold like outdoors.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very very very cold like outdoors. Heat was not blowing good an strong at all it was more thn 2 1/2 to 3hrs b4 it STARTED to even warm up any...................#THEWORST

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Drug dealers and drug seekers jackpot!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A total dump.I Always check out the room before signing or paying for anything. This was a roach motel with human roaches staying there. While I was checking out the room, that was filthy and had a metal piece screwed on the door because it had been forced open and broken. My husband and daughter were in the car waiting witnessed a drug deal happen in front of the main door into the lobby.There were a lot of shady people just hanging in the parking lot. Nasty. Disgusting. Shady. The bottom line.... Run.. Run Away Fast!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

If you have anything of value, do not stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The upkeep with the location. The prostitues next door working through the night. Amf the lack of security or any armed force to mediate any criminal acts that were guaranteed to happen.

Room set up was decent.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

AVOID ITS ROUGH
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Plywood flooring,remodeling materials all over 3rd floor everywhere,no microwave,no fridge. Only ice maker was downstairs in lobby. Roaches. Outside noise was horrible. Dirty linens

Friendly checkin

Nice day was good didn't have no problems staff is great
    • Queen Room - Smoking

There is not enough parking for rooms in the front I had to park my truck all the way in the back where I could not see it.

No problems....

I like it but the price is too high!

Pricing

I like it but the price is too high!!!!

The location I feel safe
    • Queen Room - Smoking

One off the workers coming in with out knocking first

The location I feel safe

The covers were full of cigarette burns and old the room was...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The covers were full of cigarette burns and old the room was musty

Scary

It was straight

It was all cool

GREAT
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very nice and the room was perfect.

I love the location close to everything

I love the location close to everything

4.5
    Nothing but drug dealers everywhere

All

Shower was busted in first room had to switch and was given...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Shower was busted in first room had to switch and was given a double bed instead of a full like requested and paid for...

I will definitely look for a Motel 6 when I choose to travel again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, comfortable, quiet, allowed my pet at no charge, great value.

Excellent stay, staff was friendly

Excellent stay, staff was friendly

Loved it

Loved it

It was a pleasure.

WiFi clean convenient comfortable

Horrible
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Place was infested with drugs.

No a thing

You pay for what you get. No real complaints.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

My Room choice . Did not notice I picked a smoking room could not change room.

Appeared Clean towels were mixed with used. As were sheets.

it was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Outside could be cleaner Need to pay more attention to detail cleaning of the room.

I like the hot water. Very good. Ac very good.

I didn't see any one smoking in hobby

The staff were great and inviting

The staff were great and inviting

Just a place to sleep
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dog poop and garbage around bank parking area

Clean room

It was ok

The linen was dirty

Everything was clean
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The towels are very hard

Everything was clean

The towels we really hard not soft enough

Sleeping

The towels we really hard not soft enough

Better than sleeping outside.

Smell, dirt and noise.

This was a nice Super 6 Motel, I like staying here and I would come back
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds are on platforms and they slide. They don't give you enough of. Towels..

enough parking

enough parking

Meh.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

There were no pictures on the walls and the staff threw away some expensive items I had accidentally left behind.

Ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No hair dryer, needed an extra comfortable chair

Bed was comfortable

• Queen Room - Smoking

Great location. Friendly staff.

No breakfast

No breakfast

WOLFPACK
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Cheap and great location. Nice TV.

Nice place to crash, friendly employees, plenty of parking but no designated pet area.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Fruit flies/gnats flying in the rooms, not just one room, but several.

The people at the desk, knows me.

In and out will not stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was as if it was drug dealers hanging in the parking lot

It really was ok it didn't have anything in the room