Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham West Atlantic City 3 stars

8037 Black Horse Pike, West Atlantic City, NJ 08237, USA

#3 of 8 hotels in West Atlantic City

6.1

Good in general exept the long ligne for the breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We spend half an hour waiting on the ligne for the breakfast. No enough griller and toasters.

The room are spacious with a nice view from the top floor. The bathroom very accomodate. The staff was comprehensive . The service was nice .

Very run down for the price very dirty room hall was...

Very run down for the price very dirty room hall was smelling of weed I spoke to the staff about it the bathroom light was blinking extension cords as plugs will never go there

Needs to be maintained the railings were lose so many bugs...

Needs to be maintained the railings were lose so many bugs and garbage all over the walkways My room curtains had cigarette burns in them funny because my room was a smoke free room and the smell of mold was really strong

Horrible
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The the check in,breakfast line,no washcloths,the cleaning people did not speak or understand English,the cleaning lady just opened my room door,the sink and tub was alittle stopped up,the room smelled like roach spray,it was too many people for a little pool,washcloths and towels was stained even after wash,they charge for a extra person but when we asked for a pull out they said it would be extra and when i asked ain't that's Why im pay extra already for i was told no so three had sleep in one bed and two in the other in a small bed,and they charge you if you want to take something out the breakfast room that suppose to be continual,and the place smell like urine

That our neighbors was nice

Staff was nice, they offered a van service the driver was very friendly cost was good.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a lot of flies, broken bathroom door that kept getting stuck when you closed it, door handle almost fell off. Room very old dirty, needed fresh paint, cleaned carpeting. Remodeling would be good for this location.

The staff was nice, friendly. Pool was nice. Breakfast was nice.

It was pleaseaant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did not offer eggs or bacon for breakfast. Carpet in hall had an odd odor. Maybe needs updating.

The bed was very comfortable, shower and air conditioning great. Shuttle service great idea and reliable.

The flip side
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool could have been a little bit more cleaner and I requested for my rooms to be next to each other this was a big family traveling together with little kids when I made reservations I was ask if i had an certain request and I request for my rooms to be next to each other not 5 Doors Down. Also this hotel only had one washing machine and one dryer the wait for that was ridiculous and breakfast the only hot thing that was serve was waffles so I guess on certain days you get sausage and eggs it was good but they can also step their game up a little bit on the breakfast

Didn't have to go too far to get to the boardwalk nor the shopping centers

Lesson learned
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I was looking for a hotel, I was trying to find one that included free breakfast, that way it would be one less meal for my family to worry about. The listing says that the hotel includes free breakfast, but when you get down to the cafeteria all they have to offer is cereal and stuff to make waffles. And the pool is so small and full of hair, like they never clean it. When my went down for a swim, we kept getting bit by flying ants

The property looks nice in pictures online, but in real life there's cracks in the walls, crayon marks, and water damage in the corner. And like I've mentioned before, the pool is disgusting

Found a roach on the shower curtain.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Found a roach on the shower curtain. Floor was wet near the refrigerator. Standing still / full sink of water. Complained to front desk. They said that someone would come up and fix it. They never did.

Expect friendly, helpful staff!

The facility itself isn't the best but it worked. The breakfast could be varied.

Expect friendly, helpful staff! Not too far away from downtown atlantic city;

The place was a dump!

The place was a dump! Not worth the money. I had water leaking through my ceiling. There were people fighting in the hallway drunk and slamming doors at 3 o’clock in the morning. My drawers on the dresser was broken. The toilet was crooked and didn’t flush right. The whole place stunk. I will never stay there again not worth the money I paid.

Great, super friendly staff, spacious room, very clean, great shuttle service,

The carpets in the hallway smelled really bad and looked like it needed to be cleaned, wifi-was horrible it kept disconnecting and was slow There really wasn't any breakfast left by the time I got down there to eat and that was about 9:30 am

The front desk staff was super friendly, easy/ smooth check-in and check out. We stayed in the king size non-smoking room which was very clean and spacious. There was no smoke smell at all, the room came fully equipped with an ironing board and iron, clean refrigerator and microwave, very nice computer desk with plenty of space nice large dresser with a flat screen tv the linen on the bed was very clean the pillows was nice and fluffy, the bathroom came with plenty of linen and even have a make-up towel specifically for when you do your make-up. It was very quiet in the room no outside noise or noise from other room could be heard. Also the shuttle service was amazing, and the driver was very friendly. Good breakfast choices!

We’ll be back for sure!

Elevator is scary, breakfast was kind of plain.

Super comfortable bed, LOVED the pool, location was quiet, staff were friendly, it’s right on the edge of the bay and it’s a nice view. Minutes away from AC in one direction and a ton of restaurants and stores in the other direction.

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t take free breakfast back to your room.. Had to eat I’m dining room. But they allow you to order from a pizza shop and eat in the room(pointless)

The pool was great for kids and the beach is about 10 min drive

Overall I had a great time with my family and I would definitely stay here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I first checked in I was given a room that was not in the best condition. The bathroom door looked like someone had a dog in the room and the dog was scratching and biting at the door. The bathroom and tube was dirty. The paint on the walls was peeling off. I was not happy with the first room. The front desk put my family and I in a different room. The room was a little cleaner, but the beds were very uncomfortable. The rooms needs a make over.

I like the staff. They were very nice. The location was ok. My family and I did really enjoy ourselves. Breakfast was good. Diner area was very cleaned.

It was good for what we paid. I have no clue what the other reviews were talking about.
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

The elevator is a little messed up. It shut before let us out and went to a whole other floor by itself

I liked the room it looked just like the pictures and it was clean. All of these bad reviews were way off in my opinion. Our room was clean

It was a ok place for one night to lay your head and shower and enjoy byob & pool time
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sheet/ bed covers, out dated room , smelled like old cigarettes, rugs were sticky, bathroom tub rust stained towel holder broken, i brought sheets a runner rug and a bath mat from walmart to accommodate my stay there

Pool parking, power of the shower, consistent hot water other guest ,laundry room, ac worked gd, good not too far from margate nj, soft pillows

The price was reasonable

I asked for a non smoke room and the room was stink of smoke. Even when I got home my daughter said my clothes smelled of cigarettes. Neither myself nor partner smoke.

The price was reasonable

Never again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is old , dirty, shabby not enough electrical outlets I could not plug in my clock or charge my phone.

Nothing stands out as being good about this property.

Good close location to the Tropicana and other popular AC...

Old and dingy could use a overhaul! Room reeked of cigarettes and woke up with sore throat next day there. Carpets and doors appeared very old and outdated...

Good close location to the Tropicana and other popular AC night spots!

Probably would never stay there again but it served its purpose for the night.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was older and had a slight old smoking odor to it. The room was adequate but the bathroom sink stopper could not be opened or closed so the water took FOREVER to drain. While the sheets appeared clean, mine had small tears/holes in them. The breakfast area was too small for the size of the hotel and with the number of guests waiting to eat there were people waiting for a table. They also had people waiting in line to use either/or the toaster or waffle iron and could have been set up to move those to another location to keep the line moving.

It was close to where we wanted to be without having to pay more money to stay at a hotel casino. The staff was nice and courteous.

I was very disappointed being that the property was a Ramada.

The room had a nasty musty smell, the breakfast was not very much. Called when I found out the bathroom door handle was loose and didn't fit the door and never sent anyone to check it like they said they would. I got charged $20 a day for security that I didn't know they were going to charge me for. The pillows were flat and uncomfortable.

The location to the things that we went to see.

A clean and modern place located minutes from Atlantic City, Margate and Ocean City.

The bathroom plug didn't work, so we couldn't make coffee. Some more pillows would have been nice. But I'm nitpicking.

The motel is located right on the bay, overlooking Ventnor & Atlantic City. It was a clean comfortable place to stay with modern facilities. Breakfast had eggs & sausage. Great internet. Clean room.

Was stay ever
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel smell of smoke. The staff was not friendly. The pool was dirty. And the food. Well if i could gotton any. The lines was out the door. Not enough space or food

Nothing. It was dirty outside. And dark

4.5
    Not worth. Shud convert into a 2 Star motel
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is complimentary but horrible stuff, nothing hot no service. Too much wait time and options were too limited. The quality of food was very very cheap. Infact they shud stop serving breakfast completely

Will never go to this Hotel in Atlantic City again.
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

I was over charged for the 2 nights. I was charged 527 then on top of that they wanted to charge me a extra 120 but they took of 50 of that so it costed 597 because I brought 4 ppl with me when it says clearly 5 occupancy to a room. Never go to this hotel again.

Only thing I liked was leaving the hotel and never going back again.

The breakfast was exceptional, the room was not to bad...

The breakfast was exceptional, the room was not to bad either (considering the rest of the place). The elevators seemed as if they were going to collapse and it smelled in the hallways.

We will book this property again!!!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The halls in the non-smoking area smelled like stale cigar smoke (maybe some deodorizers) would help.

Great front desk service!!!! Great breakfast selection, always full and clean.

Not bad for just a short stay.

Yard and property needs maintained better and the breakfast could of been a little bit better

It was a pretty standard room. Nothing too exciting cept the staff was very helpful and polite

GREAT! Worth It~
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smoking floors! I was not aware to ask for a "smoke free floor" which the staff was more than accommodating to switch rooms for us!

I liked the view from my room, breakfast was a Great variety, and the staff was really accommodating!

Nice location But...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

very old need renovation, breakfast just ok , no fruits except banana very limited selection, cups so small for coffee. need to change carpeting. smoking floor smells smoke.

close to board wall area

An average hotel.

I did not like how small the room and bathroom were. I expected something a lot bigger for the amount of money I paid. The room also had a musty cigarette smell to it. Also, I couldn't get into my room the second day because the keys "deactivated."

The bed was extremely comfortable! The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great😀😀😀👍👍👍
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing we had a problem with was the breakfast sausage they was pork y'all should serve turkey or beef cause a lot of people don't eat pork that's are only problem

Me and my husband love it it was comfortable clean and it as worth are money we will be back

They should never charge that much for a crappy room
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was crappy I paid 215 dollars for a standard room which is really 50 any other day then in Atlantic is nothing but ppl on drugs in the area is horrible

Jennifer and co worker were great can not think of her name...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Jennifer and co worker were great can not think of her name but please acknowledge those ladies service excellent from these ladies.kudos ladies you made my stay great.

I loved that even though we were in a smoking room, there...
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

In the room, there weren’t enough available outlets to charge our phones, etc.

I loved that even though we were in a smoking room, there wasn’t that strong scent of cigarettes like in other hotels

Will not be back or recommended.
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

The hotel smelled of weed, beds were very uncomfortable, dirty hotel overall. Picture was misleading, and very disappointed. Freaked off cigarettes as well.

Staff was friendly

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Problems with the shower. Stinks like marihuana in the hall way. Heat wasn't working good. Awful night. I would never stay here again.

Probably will never book there again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast food eggs sausage etc were cold. Bagels had to be four to five days old. Toasting did not help. No real butter On Saturday night my wife and I sat in our car from 9:30pm until 1:00am waiting for the tide to go out even though the road was flooded well beyond the motel. The Atlantic City police would not let us by even though they knew we could get to the motel before the flood.

You get what you pay for. Nasty room
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

You get what you pay for. Old facility, carpet mildew and the fridge did not work. Very uncomfortable room. It was icky and I felt dirty even after getting out the shower.

Bed was comfortable and front desk was nice. Location was very close to the beach.

Not likely to stay here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room looked very rundown/shabby/smelled "old"; very noisy neighbors well past 1am; area road flooded and we were not able to return to our location (where our belongings were) until after 11:30pm; smokers hanging out in front of the office door; entire property looked unkempt. Didn't feel terribly safe.

Bed and shower seemed clean (thank goodness).

Wouldnt stay here again due to location and access to bldg

The key cards for doors into building only worked at one location... the other 2 doors the card wouldn’t work it was annoying. Also getting to the hotel is a hassell the roads flooded. So location wasnt the best!

Bed was comfortable

TV, near bus stops, nice manager, BIG mini fridge, nice...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bed, heat/ac, wifi, breakfast, cold shower water, nasty stains on bed, BIG water spot on carpet, stains on lamp cover, dirty coffee maker, cleaning lady put clean sheets on dirty carpet and then put them on bed, the elevators are so dirty,

TV, near bus stops, nice manager, BIG mini fridge, nice microwave, office char and desk,

It worked for our overnight stay, however, would not spend an extended period there.

Rooms were clean,, however facility is quite dated. It worked for our purpose of being in town overnight, however, would not spend more than one night there.

Great stay with pets and family
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

The WiFi worked sometimes and the room and bathroom could use a fresh coat of paint.

The location is amazing. 2-3 miles from the casinos and the convention center. The rooms was very spacious. My daughter and I had to bring my dog and her xxl cage and we had plenty of room. The microwave and refrigerator was in the room and it worked. The bathroom and room was clean. No issues of bugs or anything. The front desk was kind and nice. They had a nice breakfast which was good. It had the waffle maker, eggs, sausages, muffins, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, tea, coffee, etc.

Couldn't wait to leave and hope I don't get bed bugs - will never return. Not up to Ramada standard
    • Superior Double Studio - Non-Smoking

Place is run down. Felt dirty. Afraid to walk in room without shoes on. Lights didn't work in room. 5th floor of tower has an odor.

not much. location was fine. close to convention center.

The stay was ok..but things could have been better..😟😟😟😟
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The stuff was not helpful..nd i really didnt get what i order..its took to long for my deposit to come back.

The bed was comfortable..and the room was clean..

Terrible Experience to put it nicely..

This Hotel needs Improvements and updating Badly!! The carpet in the hallways, the peeling paint, the WORN OUT mattress, Just plainly a run down old property that needs to be remodeled. I did'nt want to touch anything. Our experience was very poor, Booked two nights, but we left after one night. SAD...

I checked into the room at 9:30 pm and went to the casino...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I checked into the room at 9:30 pm and went to the casino and didn’t get into the room till 2 am. Put the heat on and it was blowing cold air and the knob to adjust was broken so we had to sleep in a freezing room. It was late and raining and didn’t want to call front desk at 4 am. Couldn’t sleep at all

I would never stay here again under current conditions.

The hallways were filled with prostitutes and marijuana smoke. The room smelled of mold and mildew, my wife is asthmatic and began coughing immediately walking into room. The room smelled like a musty fish tank or an mold filled basement. Trust me when I say keep driving to the next hotel.

The location was fair. The hotel was herndous. Would never stay again. prostitutes and drugs everywhere. The hallways were filled with marijuana smoke. Terrible experience.

The hotel was close to the strip.

The elevator and the hallways had an old smell to it. The breakfast was subpar but you get what you pay for. The accessibility to get back into the building was not convenient for people staying, due to swiping your card just to get into the building & not working a couple times

The hotel was close to the strip. Only 10 minutes driving distance to Tropicana and the rest of the strip

Great location, friendly staff, decent room with coffee, microwave & fridge. Breakfast is so-so.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My shower had hairs on the walls, and my door was extremely difficult to open, I had to throw myself at it to get it to open

The staff was very friendly, warm, and helpful which I really appreciated

It was fun!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The rooms were decent but the hallway could smell even better.

It was a decent hotel and loved the stay. Staff was understanding. very close to the strip in Atlantic City. Over all I would recommend it to a friend.

I especially liked the great care when I first arrived.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I especially liked the great care when I first arrived. The original room that I booked was extremely cold and the gentleman was kind enough to make arrangements to place me at the tower where the room was more comfortable and the heat was great.

$400
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We first got smoking room even though I specifically asked for non smoking. But called front desk and it been fixed immediately.toilet was leaking a lot of water and I notify cleaning service about it. Few minutes later a maintenance guy came banging on a door. My husband was sleeping and we didn't want home to start construction at that time because we were sleeping. The guy started arguing and slammed the door so hard the ceiling paint falled off. I notify front desk about the incident. hope trey will take actions about this

Front desk staff was friendly.

For what we needed and the price it was ok.

Our heat didn't work... phone didn't work. No extra plugs. Called for room service but ended up on hold for 15 minutes so gave up. Some one took the screen out of the faucet in the bathroom- that was fun. Coffee in room was horrible! Also felt like there was something strange going on with the traffic coming and going and people leaving stocks to prop the doors open.

Location to Eventcenter was perfect

Only the comfort of the bed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Lasted 35minutes for the hot water to run.... Even tho I was in a non smoking room the hallways was horrible it smell like cigarette very uncomfortable didn't liked it at all

Only the comfort of the bed...

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

It was ok for the price and location.

The pillows were very flat. The hall was a little sketchy. The outside door key entry did not work and was always open. There was 2 different extension cords in the room and I still didn't have an extra socket to plug in my cell phone.

The location. The availability to give me the room i requested on booking .com even after they said it never shows them the exact room request from the site. ( I requested an inside room in the tower with extra pillows)

relaxing night with girlfriend and our dog

found a spider and two small roaches . and spiders webs in windows . rest of room was clean though

free wifi , comfortable bed , pet friendly , clean room , hdmi hookup for amazon firestick , beer delivered to your room , free breakfast and only a $15 uber ride to the outlets

Overall a nice visit. Hotel sits by the water, Close to AC and served breakfast from 6a-10a.

Room smelled like food/smoke. Tub wouldn't fill because plug was broken. Waffle batter for breakfast was very watery and waffles came out a lil soft and squishy.

Got a room facing the water. Was able to see the sunrise from it. Also was able to catch the sunset by the water the night we checked in.

Couldn’t beat the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hotel itself needs a makeover, hallways and brick walls, elevators, just feels like a prison or a dungeon. The rooms need to be upgraded too, felt like a potential horror movie.

Couldn’t beat the price

Our stay was comfortable considering what we didn't like about the hotel/motel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dated. I wasn't expecting it to look drab. It could use some painting and better carpet. It had an odor, which we had to mask the smell with candles. Grounds needed to be cleaned. I thought it would have been a better looking facility since it carried the name Ramada.

It was a good place to spend the night. It was inexpensive, great breakfast, and close to Atlantic City. I would probably stay again and recommend this hotel/motel to others looking for a inexpensive way to be close to Atlantic City.

Clean!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was up to par and then some, no complaints!

Clean! Amazing value for location! Food was great, staff friendly and helpful! Can't beat the price!

The property was nice, I like the fact that they offer...

The property was nice, I like the fact that they offer breakfast, and in the lobby they had some snacks that you could buy in case you didn't have any of wanted something different. It was lovely, plus I spent my entire trip with my man closest to my heart.

A Horrible Nightmare & Huge Vandalism Theft Loss
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The parking area certainly is not secure when a vehicle can suffer thousands of dollars of vandalism damage while parked at this property. Then, the hotels failure to assist, apologize or do anything that a guest would expect management would do is beyond troubling. The hotel's reckless disregard of its unsafe parking area should be sufficient warning to other consumers to not book a stay at this property.

I cannot comment of what I liked when I suffered a huge loss while staying at the property because my vehicle was vandalized.

Reasonable price for a clean bed near AC
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place needed updating there was a drop ceiling in bathroom...paint pealing around door frame.

The sheets and towels were clean the place could have used updating but a good location to AC without paying a lot. In the morning I met an older couple from Florida that stay here for a month every year and they seemed very happy with the place.

Awful and dirty
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled dirty it looked like a motel not a hotel ! Privacy was awful someone walked in on us while sleeping and my WiFi would not connect

Nothing I wish I could get a refund honestly

Cheap and very close to the AC strip but you really do get what you pay for
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Very rundown premises needs serous renovation. Breakfast ran out of sausages and eggs just as we arrived. Only options were cereal that was more sugar than grain and a waffle machine that had a huge queue of people making much more than the recommended maximum of 2 per person stated on the signs, in the end we gave up and ate elsewhere

Cheap

You get what you pay for but overall for the money it was pretty good close
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The air conditioner in the room didn’t seem to work right at all made the room warm and stuffy not suitable for myself to sleep or my girlfriend with severe asthma.

The place is quite, and very relaxing view
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the first day went to have breakfast, it was embty! So I didn't know if they don't provided food maybe, although it says breakfast included, but then coffee was empty too, went to the receptionist and told me that's all we have. I was expecting a refill, atleast for everybody to eat, breakfast hours didn't finish yet, another hour! First come first serve?

The place is quite, and very relaxing view

Terrible.

The bathroom was dirty with hair and dirt around/in the tub. The bed had hair in it as well. Wasn’t a pleasant stay and won’t be returning. The facility needs a major update from the outside to the inside.

Yuck
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place smelled awful! It had roaches everywhere. We didn't even stay the second night because it was just that awful. I wish I could get my money back. I will never stay there again

It was a comfortable stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The doors were poor. The room door was difficult to use, stuck at times. The bathroom door did not close because it's not fitted right or is badly warped. Everything else is okay.

Slept very well on the bed. The shower was great, no hot water problem. Breakfast was very nice. In spite of the crowd it was very quiet at night. The location was perfect for our needs in Atlantic city.

Drug dealers in parking lot doing business.

Front desk could be more helpful. We requested to stay in the 5th floor. Since we had a group staying at that floor, but that request was not honored, we ended up staying on the first floor next to the elevator.

Drug dealers in parking lot doing business.

Would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maid service, asking for clean towels after room was cleaned

The breakfast was tremendous and the room was the best air-conditioned room we have ever had, including other countries

Browse Ramada by Wyndham West Atlantic City traveller photo gallery