Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Austin South 4 stars

4323 S IH 35, Austin, TX 78744, USA

#84 of 177 hotels in Austin

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Very relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I used to send my workers here yrs ago when they would be coming to work from out of state. So I was a but hesitant to get a room but I was happily surprised when I walked in and of course the room. Way nicer and just comfortable. Will b returning again

• Reviewed: 9 November 2018

Hotel recently renovated with very comfortable bed.

Found a cockroach in my toilet in the first night, but staff was extremely friend and give me a new room. No complains.

Hotel recently renovated with very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

It was okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom toilet seat was very loose.. and the ceiling in the main room left of center looks like it has a darkened area possibly mold from a water leak,

I was charged a fair rate.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Best rest I've had in awhile!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was the low water pressure in the shower and the scratchy towels.

Loved the comfort of the bed, clean rooms, and the balcony. We could actually open the glass door and let fresh air in! It was wonderful! All staff I encountered were friendly and acted like I was special. Good feeling.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Scott who worked in the restaurant was the best pr person& helped us with important information . He should be commended . Was very pleasant helpful & great personality. G

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

The worst experience I have had at a Wyndham property.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The (young) staff was unprofessional, when I called to advise that a breaker had tripped the lights in the bathroom, I felt that I was inconveniencing them. Maintenance had not made it in yet so I had to go down to lobby to see if possibly someone can assist.

location proximity to downtown

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

This was not what I am used to with Ramada or Wyndham
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathtub fixture was not sealed or fixed-on. When I tried to take a shower, and switched the tub faucet to the shower, the whole faucet literally shot off across the tub length. I replaced the faucet but it again blew off down into the tub- down the length of the tub. Went to use the phone to call the office, but the phone did not work. No shower of either of us, and we went to check out. When I explained the issue(s) to the clerk, there was only an apology. The manager was not available. We were surprised the alarm was set for a weird hour. I spoke with another customer while loading my car, and he said he had a working phone and a working shower. It was disappointing to not have had an offer to find me and my friend a place to shower.

Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was great except for plumbing problem. Had a drink in the Hideaway and the bartender was very accommodating. Check in went well.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The 3 days where truly great and I love to come back there and recommend to my friends & family
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was hard to find the location

I honestly loved everything about the hotel, great guests service and the room was clean & the bathroom mirror was awesome

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Interesting.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were dirty. Items left in room from last guests. Shoes beer bottle and cigarette butts left on patio from last guests for several days. Confused my brother for me and placed him in our room when he checked in to hotel. Front check in girls liked to talk with each other while on their phones. I've machines on two of four floors. The only two ice machines stopped working. They said it was from guest taking ice. If they had adequate amount of machines the only two might have been able to keep up with ice demand.

Room was adequate for our stay. Nothing around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Not really that great for price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were smaller than what they said online. The cleanliness could have been better. The guy at the front was too busy to try to check in and was on the phone trying to deal with another customer. Checking out ,the girl at the front was really trashy not presentable at all. The price is way too high for not so good service.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Pleasantly surprised, and excellent restaurant few steps away.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Somewhat musty smell in otherwise very pleasant room. Not too strong but there. Seemed to follow our Texas stays, had been raining for a while...

Surprisingly modern and well done. Adjacent Hideaway restaurant excellent.

the stay was ok but could have been better value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

toilet seat was loose,not enough towels, no breakfast like all the other hotels and restaurant was overpriced. pool was closed.

lighting was ok , beds were ok . i liked the parking and access to the building.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Everything was good, the smell of the room when you first...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was good, the smell of the room when you first walked in was very Stale . I think they should put freshens in there or run the a.c so it won’t be stuffy

The hotel is located on I-35 centrally located to all...

The gym could use a little bit of TLC. There is only two pieces of equipment(Stair Master/Treadmill) and they have free weights. The room is very small. There are no wipes to use to wipe the equipment down after use. I think that the hotel should look at serving a complimentary breakfast. This was complaints we heard from other guests that were staying there.

The hotel is located on I-35 centrally located to all amenities. They have water and coffee available in the lobby if need be-no payment required. The hotel is a older hotel that has gone under some renovations. The room was very clean, spacious. The convenience of all USB ports and outlets in the room is such a great idea. I wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good price for a modern looking place.

Front Desk can use some training in hospitality and customer service. They seemed so serious and not so approachable and a little too relaxed (their attire)...almost unprofessional. First impressions matter much! Rooms were cool but a lil too humid. Even the bed sheets felt almost damp. Glad floors are not carpet but they do feel icky.

Good price for a modern looking place. Pool at night was nice.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I left early.

Location, smell

HORRIBLE location, homeless in parking lot, bug in room, HORRIBLE location on one way road VERY inconvenient and difficult to get to. Smelled of mildew. Did I mention how horrible the location was?

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great stay for exploring the outskirts of Austin.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It could do with a bit of a deep clean, especially in the bathroom. It was clean, but just looked a bit tired, like some Lysol couldn't have made it bright again! I couldn't find the ice machine on the floor I was staying on but there was one on the first floor I used. The area looks industrial, so nothing much is within walking distance - you definitely need a car.

The room was great for a weekend trip and it had a microwave and refrigerator which was incredibly useful. There was a Walmart close by and was a short drive away from the center of Austin. Access links to the roads I needed to get to the state parks was great yet I couldn't hear the highway from the room. The price was reasonable for a weekend rate.

Overall, a nice hotel stay for a last minute booking.

There was construction around the entrance of the hotel so just be careful driving up there/getting there. It isn't close to many restaurants or shops (those are about a 10-minute drive away). Overall, it was a nice hotel!

The rooms were great, spacious, and clean. Would definitely book with this hotel again next time I visit Austin. There is a restaurant attached to it, which is nice since there are not many food places around the area it is in. Went to the pool with the family and had a great stay.

stay was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

customer service was not friendly at all , specially on Sunday ALWAYS on their cell phones no good morning no thank you , no can I help you ect ...........

place was great and clean , beds were awesome

The beds were very comfortable and the room was nice and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The balcony was super small.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was nice and spacious. My kids were happy from the minute we walked into the room.

Great pillows.

Said in my booking that breakfast was $10 per person per day, lunch $12 and dinner similar. There was no kitchen so actually none of this was provided! Which meant that extra unplanned expense was required. So what I thought was good value for money actually turned out to cost me a fortune.

Great pillows. Comfy bed. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The hotel was relatively clean. Customer service was nonexistent. Quite surprised there wasn’t a bre
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived, they gave us a key to our room. And the room was already occupied. When I went back down, the two girls pretty much argued between who’s fault it was. Gave us a new key. And never apologize for our inconvenience. Also the front doors do not have automatic openings. That is very difficult when you have luggage and you have to open two different doors. and they’ when we arrived, they gave us a key to our room. And the room is already occupied. When I went back down, the two girls pretty much argued between who’s fault it was. Gave us a new key. And never apologize for inconvenience. Also the front doors don’t have automatic door openers. This is very difficult to maneuver with luggage. Obviously the two girls at the front desk didn’t see our dilemma, with our luggage. And just sat there. They were not very good at customer service!

No much

The hotel is amazing for the price.

Had to ask for towels

The hotel is amazing for the price. Very clean and new. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Highly recommended!

Very disappointed that pool & fitness room closed as this was one of the main reasons we booked.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool & fitness room closed & we were not informed prior to our arrival or when checking in. The hotel did not appear to have any manager although we requested to see the manager, no one came for the duration of our stay.

Front desk staff very polite & patient

Pool was out of service for the whole week, i should of been...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was out of service for the whole week, i should of been told when i called. I had poor room service and when i asked for room service the staff forgot to leave towels one day and the next day day toilet paper.

Started off little rocky, but overall we had a comfortable stay. Nice scenery.

Pool closed, one of the decorative pillows on bed had mold on it.

Decor was very nice, beds and room was very comfortable. Once we swapped out moldy decorative pillow, everything was clean and comfortable.

Awful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were to small my husband and son had to sleep on the fllor. The housekeeper did not vacuum the room she did not clean the tub. The pool was out of service the whole time we stayed. A housekeeper kept making conversation and flirting with my husband .

Ramada Keeps Austin Affordable

The pool had been "shut down by the health department" and we were not made aware of that before booking the room. We were looking forward to swimming.

Great staff Great value Great location

Would not go back...

The room was so humid the bed felt wet. The staff was not rude, but not “friendly” or welcoming either. The pool was closed with a sign blocking it off from the health inspector. In our room there was a tray that had coffe and tea on it, the tea packet on top was covered with mold. It was clear that the room hadn’t been cleaned well and that it was obviously way too humid.

The decor is nice and the location is nice. They are close to the Austin360 Amphitheatre. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were Matrix brand.

No pool .. left because they said No Reservation was made then we Came back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I went to check in and the lady at front desk says Sorry you do not have a reservation, she asked if i made the reservation today.. I said no about a month ago. She said well i have no record of it would you like to rent a room tonight .. i told her no i already put my card on file with booking.com I told her I have a confirmation number .. she says .. that will not do me any good .. she would not take the reservation number from me.. She said to call booking.com. I did and the agent called the property for me and found out it was listed under my last name but not my first name. Ughhhh

I reserved the room based solely for the swimming pool. Once we attempted to check in I see a big sign .. Our pool is temporarily closed due to the Health Dept.. when i asked about this .. she stated that they are waiting for a permit from the city and that they had made an agreement for the customers to go to the Comfort Inn Suites next door but that Comfort Inn discontinued the agreement for people to use the pool earlier this week. Ughhh

Would like to see the hotel in full working function. The staff was very professional and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was closed the 3 days we stayed. Had to switch rooms due to the door not unlocking with the scan card.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room was clean.

The swimming pool was out of use. Balcony door was broken.

Room was clean. Location ok. The restaurant next to hotel was good and staff very nice and helpful.

Relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Never found to remote to the TV

The bed was so comfortable. I love that i was able to check in a little earlier, had been driving for 12 hours and couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. And was able to have a late check-out.

Good sized room and great bar

Staff were rude and slow to serve you. Then we left behind some belongings and rang them within an hr of checkout. Strangely the headphones and iPad were not located by staff. They said they’d check again and call back. They didn’t. Called back on hold for 20 mins and they def didn’t have the belongings but wouldn’t check with housekeeping either. When I asked for an email to confirm belongings couldn’t be found for insurance purposes, they said they’d send this. Didn’t receive it. Rang back again on hold for 40 mins. Still chasing this email now. Absolutely no regard for customers.

Good sized room and great bar

Negative experience. Would not recommend.

No chain or deadbolt on door. No extra blanket. Staff lied repeatedly. Said lock would be fixed in morning. Extra blanket would be delivered to room. Neither happened. Requested handicapped room on reservation. Did not have handicapped rooms on property.

Bed comfortable

Easy access from the freeway and super comfortable beds, however, no fan in the bathroom.

Pool seemed to be dirty and our towel bar in our bathroom fell off the wall after barely touching it, which resulted in the tissue box holder being shattered. Also no fans in the bathrooms so it got steamy very fast; need some sort of ventilation.

Bed was amazingly comfortable, room was clean.

Great place to stay for a business trip
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom a little small and the housekeepers didn’t really clean (just made bed) there were still yesterday’s towels in bathroom.

The room and bed was cozy.

The rooms are great, clean and comfortable with very nice modern aesthetic.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We enjoyed our stay. Didn’t have the sheets changed when requested by leaving the red card (& tip) on the bed but it wasn’t the end of the world. Coffee is available in the lobby if it’s not in your room. The restaurant is good in the evening but the wknd a.m. server seems a little overwhelmed (w/aprox 3 tables) we hung in there the 1st morning but the 2nd morning we left after about 10 min of waiting without being greeted, however, the restaurant is new so I’m sure the kinks are just getting worked out.

Modern clean design. Modern fixtures & comply beds. Restaurant happy hour has good eats & nice cocktails. Great salad w/steak. Only a few minute ride to downtown via Lyft $20 there $10 back on a Fri night, not bad. Modern fixtures in rooms, comfy beds, very clean overall. Love the aesthetics. Staff is friendly. We’ll return.

Good.

The restaurant at the hotel had minimal food options offered, very limited menu.

The rooms were nice and comfortable and the hotel was close to everything, food COTA.

The hotel was mediocre, I expected more for the price.

The dead bolt in the room did not work but I found out after we had unpacked and were settled in out room. Also, the listing indicated breakfast was included in the room package but then we found out is was not included in the morning when we were going to eat breakfast.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating to my needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restroom is really small but nice the way they renovated it. The only problem I really had was the floor and the toilet seat. I stubbed my toe where the floor drain cover is because it's not flush with the floor, it's sunken in so there is kind of a hole there. As far as the toilet seat, it kept moving whenever I would sit on it and I would have to reposition it every time I used the restroom. Minor things that can be fixed.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating to my needs. The bed was very comfy and the room was very clean. Our room was on the first floor so I loved that we could walk out to our car from the sliding patio door if we needed something from the car.

It felt as if i never left from home.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In the room given to me (304)the faucet in the restroom had no cold water.

Loved the friendly staff and the fact you're right in the middle of everything!!

A comfortable, cost-effective hotel for easy access to Austin.

Not much. The room overlooked a gas station, but the weather was pleasant enough to step outside in the morning and enjoy a cool stone seating area. There was no information in the room or on line (that I could find) to inform me of facilities, etc.

The hotel was a great place to stay. My room looked like it was new - neat, clean, bright. The bathroom was a perfect size for a single traveler. It was convenient to downtown and I-35 (though I tried to stay off that). Plus, the room rate was fantastic!

Wasn't expecting this hotel to be so nice for such a low...

Wasn't expecting this hotel to be so nice for such a low price! Good location for our purposes (proximity to visiting folks in south Austin). Bed was nice, staff was friendly. After paying through the nose for a mediocre $$$ hotel in a different city for a wedding the night before, this Ramada was surpringly good and had a more comfortable bed.

Great stay with excellent price!

Everything was 👍🏾

The room was a great size and decorated very nice. I like how the room included a balcony which faced the pool. The mirror near the door that included a little sitting area was great for the trip so that we didn’t have to wait on the bathroom mirror to do our make up and hair. The beds were comfortable, the room and entire facility was clean, and the staff were very friendly. I will definitely be staying here again.

Never again.

Depressing location adjacent to a noisy freeway that is never quiet. No facilities, no food available on site and nothing nearby except for fast food crap and a service station next door. The pillows were so unsupportive that my neck was out after night one. This place has no character whatsoever and the decor and amenities are cheap and nasty. Ironically, this is not what I would class as a cheap hotel given the cost and nothing is included. It didn't feel particularly safe either given the weird and remote location - 20 minutes by uber into the city to find civilization and edible food. It is not near anything worth mentioning, no views, no quiet. It seems as if there are teenagers running this operation and it shows in most aspects of the hotel. The entrance and exterior were filthy and covered in cigarette butts.

The actual room was well cleaned and had a very good, comfortable mattress.

Comfortable and pleasant

Coffee was not good at all, and would be nice to have creamer available in the room.

Very comfortable beds and lovely rooms. Staff were very welcoming and helpful.

Really Respectful RAMADA

The girls up front were very nice but there seems to be some problems with the computers they kept double charging me

The housekeeping is very respectful and they also pay close attention to details

Weekend getaway in Austin
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant being closed for reservation was definitely an inconvenience since there was no other eating establishment within walking distance. In addition, the trash can at the front entry stayed overflowing with trash the entire two nights and three days I spent at the facility. Obviously, not a good welcoming sign to the facility. This must be addressed. Thanks.

Location was very good, and the facility was close to down town and the airport and other areas of interest. The value for the price was also attractive compare to other hotels in the area. The staff was also helpful.

The room was very clean and comforatable. It was a great value and I will stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is on the right off the interstate so not the most scenic of places but it was convenient to the city attractions.

The facilities were nicely remodeled and very clean. The décor was modern and tastefully done. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was not scenic as it was on the highway but the highway access made it convenient to the city attractions. The value for the money was great and I would recommend this hotel.

Nice hotel unprofessional staff.

The location could've been in a better spot because there were a lot of homeless people walking around and I was afraid that my car would've gotten broken into. My overall stay was nice and pleasant but what seemed unappealing were the hotel desk staff. A light skinned girl with long hair checked me in and upon me entering the lobby and greeting her, she just said, "hey" as if I were a friend to her and not a customer. It was very unprofessional. Not to mention the other girl who worked there (dark skinned), I could not tell that she was even an employee there, was wearing unprofessional attire (jeans, tennis shoes, and a t-shirt), hair was not groomed at all and looked like it hadn't been touched in days. Upon checking out, another girl (African-American) with braids and glasses wearing a black Nike hoodies was at the front desk sleep and then woke up and told me that she couldn't check me out because I guess she was a new employee and didn't know how to do it. A light skinned guy wearing a hat, black hoodie, sweatpants, and tennis shoes ended up helping me. I couldn't tell that he worked there either by his attire. It was extremely unprofessional. I'd recommend the hotel management to enforce dress code with their employees to wearing professional attire with name tags. I also didn't like that the hotel didn't offer complimentary breakfast but instead they had a restaurant/bar that wasn't ready to open when I went to it at 6am.

I love that the hotel had free wifi. Hotels don't offer this anymore and want you to upgrade your services and stuff in order to receive this. The bed and pillows were super comfy and the room was clean. I loved the new amenities and renovations.

Great new hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All of the ice machines are not installed yet. So the ice machine is on the 1st floor, we were on the 4th

This Ramada was recently renovated. It is beautifully done, but still has some construction deficits that they are working through. If you find something wrong with your room, make sure you tell them so it can be addressed.

Over night stay in a city I already live in!

Front desk Staff were a bit disengaged. They were all fairly young and maybe still learning the ropes.

Brand new hotel. Upgraded fixtures. Good water pressure. Great location. Super comfortable king size bed

Our stay at the Ramada was very pleasant and comfortable. We will return again if we are in the area

There was a stain on one of the pillows. Our room was supposed to have a pool view, but didn’t, however that’s not a big deal. It’s a little out of the way from downtown, but not a bad drive.

The bed was super comfy. The rooms were nice and modern. The value was amazing compared to other Austin hotels!

Excellent value

Location: was difficult to get to it from the highway. Since they just opened a month ago, restaurant was not open, there were no snacks/frozen meals or vending machines. No restaurants in the area either. I had to buy food from a nearby gas station...

Cleanliness, room-size, low-cost

love the room is really modern

I really enjoy the night that I spend the only think that o didn't like was spending the night on the first floor

it's closed to a gas station and is convenient to different locations

Priced higher than the quality.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked the room through Booking.com. It was supposed to be a pool view but received a view of the dumpster. We requested a room on a higher floor to mitigate outside noise, but got the second floor. They may have all been booked, but based on the overall experience I doubt it. Since the restaurant is still under construction, we ordered food. Couldn't get ice for our beverages because the ice machine didn't work. Front desk said "There shouldn't even be an ice machine on the second floor." There was food or vomit mashed into carpet by desk--not a stain. All morning the cleaning staff were a bit too eager to get to our room. I understand it might make your job easier, but I needed a break from mine and would have liked not to be bombarded when I leave my room or hear you complain in Spanish because you think I don't understand. I'd expect this from a <$50 room.

Bed and chairs were comfortable enough. Wifi worked. Water was hot.

Relaxed an and professional enviotnment suitable for everyone!

Hello my name is Fidel. I extremely recommend the Ramada! It was quite the experience and I enjoyed the professional staff Administration and the superb amenities.

Fair, not feel comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People at the front desk (any shift at any time) did not greet the guests. You have to say good morning or hello and you don't even get an answer or a smile. Hot water from shower was intermittent

Hotel clean and renewed

Not what i expected
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The water for shower toik forever to get hot, the room had adjacent door, peoplebin room were noisy, room was not quiet, elevator wasnt working

The bed and pillows were very comfy

beautiful new modern property

no list of tv channels - elevator by our room didn't work so had to go down to the other one down the hall - ice machine on our floor hadn't been installed yet so had to go down 4 floors to get ice

modern design - newness

• Reviewed: 19 November 2018

It was comfortble and cozy, enjoyed our stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom lighting is very bright, and the balcony view was cool

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Clean!

Clean! Great location. I'll be back soon.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Comfort!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

- great stay at a great price. Love Austin.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Restaurant was super good value and the staff was super nice

Restaurant was super good value and the staff was super nice

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

One of the most comfortable place I gone to.
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

In all, it was a good stay.

Privacy. Comfort. Safe. Clean. Really enjoyed the stay. Would be first choice if I need to stay in Austin again.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

No roaches or other bugs were found in room

No roaches or other bugs were found in room

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Room had a musty slight off smell.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had a musty slight off smell.

It was close to where I needed to go

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

good stay, helpful front desk lady

good stay, helpful front desk lady

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Didn’t feel safe parking here!

Didn’t feel safe parking here!

Showing 1 – 75