Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Carlsbad 3 stars

751 Macadamia Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011, USA

#36 of 36 hotels in Carlsbad

5.7

• Queen Suite

I did not like that my room was checked into with my credit card before I even got there. Nor did I like the long wait it took to have it corrected. I also didn't like the way they were trying to make up for it by supposively "upgrading" my room. I also did not like that the charge for someone else's stay was being held for 5 days when that money was mine to be used for our family vacation at legoland. I was very upset with how everything was handled.

The room was a good size and the kitchen was nice .

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Our room was near the pool which was pretty noisey but eventually closed & the kids left.

Everything was great. Loved our room, small but complete kitchenette, super comfy beds, awesome breakfast. Plus Legoland was less than 10 minutes away

• Queen Suite

The room had one tiny trash can. No can in restroom. We had to keep walking to the kitchen to thrown any trash away. And exterior of hotel definitely needs a facelift. Other than that it was a great room and breakfast, thank you!

The room was clean and very modern. And staff where all very friendly and helpful!

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

The horrible smell and loud noise in the one room the first night and the cockroach nest and infestation in our second room the other night and the filth that cane with that, giving our daughter nightmares because roaches were crawling everywhere. Having to leave the hotel late at night and having to pay allot more for a hotel inland due to the last minute booking out of desperation to find a room during a wild out holiday weekend.

The employees were nice but wasn't happy with how they handled the situation when we learned of the cockroach infestation in our room and having to leave the property abruptly in the middle of the night.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Our window to our room was broken. We didn't realize until around 11pm. By that time there wasn't anything else that could be done except be moved. Keep in mind I have a 3 and 5 year old that are already sleeping. After getting new room keys and starting the moving process the keys did not work and we had to wait over 20 minutes to have the guest service walk up a new set of keys. During that time a group of 15-20 adults Middle Aged were outside in the hallways smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol all of which my underaged children were now being exposed to. When we were finally in our new room the windows had been opened and when we walked inside the whole room smelled of smoke. Our experience went from bad to worse. I was told there would be a manager I could speak with at 8am since I was leaving first thing in the morning. In the morning the line for breakfast was outside the door where no staff was overseeing the portions some guests were taking. There was no manager either. The lady at front desk took down my complain and said I would get a refund due our bad experience. It's been a week and still no refund. Would not recommend.

The location was near where my family was staying.

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

Hotel staff were not welcoming. Rude and unhelpful. I asked if there was a place to eat near and got a quick, "no". When I looked it up tho I found a place we walked to for dinner.. The pool was much nicer in the photos, which was one of the main reasons I booked this room.

BEATS SLEEPING IN THE CAR.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The sofabed in my room was very uncomfortable. People smoking at the pool.

Exelent breakfast. Very close to stores and close to freway. Convenient location.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Our phone didn’t work in the room. I forgot my blow dryer and the room in the room didn’t work either. Also they didn’t restock the room with towels or toilet paper.

• Queen Room

The door to the hotel was dirty and the phone in the room did not work - I could not call down to the front office - I had to call using my own phone.

The breakfast was not too bad and the front office staff was very friendly.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

THE WORST THING WAS OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR YELLING OBSENITIES AND BANGING DOORS LATE INTO THE NIGHT. AFTER 3 CALLS TO THE FRONT DESK THEY FINALLY CALLED THE POLICE AFTER THEY SHOWED UP THINGS QUIETED DOWN. THE NOISE OF THE FREEWAY IS QUITE LOUD.

We love having a kitchen but there are NO POTS OR PANS, NO PLATES, UTENSILS, CUPS OR ANYTHING TO COOK WITH. We were able to have our dog with us. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

Must put rules in place so homeless cannot access breakfast area and steal the food. I saw it happen and made your workers aware.

Excellent mattress and room was very comfortable.

• Queen Suite

the wall by the bathroom has lots of black foot marks and the sofa was dirty too...we’ve staying for couple days and they dont even change our towels.i was expecting atleast a simple and clean room but it wasnt

just the location where its close to shopping center and legoland.

• Queen Suite

The hotel is right beside the freeway and our room was at the back at the closest point. The double glazing windows and insulation of building/room aren't enough to make the room quiet as its so close to the freeway. Its very noisy.

There was a good selection at breakfast. Also the kitchen and living room separate from the bedroom was good.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

Bed was too hard. It was an issue to get more towels for the room. And one point, there were no face towels available at all.

Close to legoland. Breakfast was convenient to have each morning.

• Queen Room

Mosquitos flying around the room and bathroom. The water in the pool and jacuzzi is not so clean specially for kids.

Over all its good. Just the bathroom has morquitis flying around and the pool area is not so clean. In general, pricing, the room, the service and staff is good.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Queen Beds

I had asked for a 2 bedroom suite and ended up with 2 separate rooms, it worked out the same but wasn’t what I booked. Secondly one of the rooms must have had a raging party because when we arrive our room wasn’t ready and they had a dryer in there drying out the carpet floor.

Close and convenient to what we were doing. Comfortable beds, showers worked well.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

This place was horrible. The staff was very rude especially Regina. They did not have adequate towels for the hotel and made it as if it was our problem. They served powdered eggs and the sausage was nasty we stuck to the cereal.... there was mold on one of the breads as well. The pool and hot tub water were green and nasty. The pull out couch was not comfortable at all. My kids slept on there and said it was uncomfortable... kids don’t lie. Everyone has their own standards of cleanliness and for us this was not okay.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Room was dirty Condom wrapper underneath sofa bed Soda bottles underneath bed Crib that was given was dirty We only got one towel for 5 of us

The location is close to restaurants the beach legoland outlets

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

The wait for waffles, the room kinda smelly like wet dog.Should have bacon every morning

We enjoyed the bacon kids were disappointed they only had it once.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

The Jacuzzi was green. The pool needed to be cleaned. We stayed for three days and had coffee in the room the first day, the second day we requested some and they had an attitude and told me they would bring it by later they never did. On the third day we finally got some coffee but they would only give us two pods. The hotel room only had two towels even though we booked for two adults and two children. We asked for more towels and they did not want to give them to us. They asked me for the two I had to get two new ones. I explained that I needed four since there were four of us and they maid was annoyed but finally gave me the towels.

The hotel was really close to the beach.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Queen Beds

There is so much lacking with this hotel. The front staff was unattentive and a little short. Each time I went in I had to wait to get their attention. When I first checked in the girl looked up at me after a moment, then looked right back down and continued working. She made me wait a couple of minutes before she finished and looked up. Then while getting me checked in she took a phone call and had a lengthy discussion with a guest about how there were no more towels and they were trying to get them all washed. Sure enough, the next day we needed more towels and were told they were waiting for them to finish drying. What hotel doesn't keep enough towels on hand? The room we got was a nice layout, but flawed in so many ways. There was a nice little kitchenette with a fridge, two-burner glass top stove, microwave and sink. But not a single dish, glass or pan in the whole place. I'm guessing you could ask to have them sent up. We weren't around much so didn't even bother. The closet in one of the bedrooms reeked of urine. Ironically, it was right next to the bathroom so I guess someone just mistook the closet for the toilet or something. The smell was so bad I refused to put anything in there. The entry door looked like it had been broken into several times. And speaking of the door, you could hear everything through it. Our room faced the courtyard with the pool and we could clearly hear all the yelling and splashing. Fortunately the pool closes at 9pm, but then it was the freeway noise for the rest of the night, the hotel backs right up to it. The beds were hard but seemed clean enough. The pillows were hard and lumpy and an odd size, more square than rectangular. I could go on, but I think you get the point. Overall, we were very dissatisfied with our stay and will never book here again, nor do I recommend that you do, either.

Rooms look newly renovated, though not with quality work. Kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub, but my husband and I thought they looked like they could use a shock treatment. Breakfast is included and was pretty decent. Be prepared for a long wait for waffles, there is only one waffle iron.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Queen Beds

Room dirty. No telephone. Nothing in the kitchen despite a refrigerator and dishwasher. Not even enough glasses for our family. No towels provided for the second night though the old ones were gone. Breakfast not so good. Powdered eggs. One slow waffle maker.

• Queen Room

Booked a queen with a sofa bed but got a small room with a full bed. Hotel was full so the staff couldn't move us and do not offer roll away beds. Front desk person was rude and told me she couldn't do anything more to help me due to a lobby full of people. She was the only person working on a Saturday night during spring break which just goes to show how unprepared and unaccommodating the hotel is. My husband had to go out to buy a blow up mattress, pillows and blankets so that our 3 daughters had a place to sleep since the bed in the room barely fit us let alone them.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

Upon arrival we had to sign acknowledging for both rooms that we reserved that we would be charged a $250 (each)if we smoked or had pets in the room then we were booked into a previously smoked in room and had to go and change the rooms. Then we got into the room and had to fidget with the key several times before successfully entering room. This went on our entire stay. We were told its because our key wasnt in the folder they gave us however the house keeper attempted to use his his and was unsuccessful. They gave us new keys on the 3rd day...we still had issues. Our room didnt have a dresser or rack to store our luggage and we did not have a phone or safe in the room either. The AC unit was extremely noisy and the glass to our bedroom window shook everytime someone passed by. The spa was disgusting on the first night. GREEN! they did have a pool guy come and treat it and by the 3rd day it was better. House keeping skipped cleaning the room and when asked the front desk said they would do it first thing in the morning. The next day came and they still didnt come. Around 5pm we asked and they stated that cleaning of the room was by requst only. (We were never informed of this and also our other room was cleaned without a request.) Then staff stated they had until 5:30 to clean. It was well around 6:30 before it was done.

Location was the only pleasant part

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was awful. The eggs were a weird consistency ans cold and the bacon was sitting in 3 inches of grease. The facilities where breakfast was served was dirty. The chairs were torn and sticky. This needs a lot of improvement! While the room was clean, there were only 2 bath towels for our party of four. I called the front desk and they didn’t have any clean towels. They gave us pool towels which were thin and small. If a party of 4 checks in please have 4 towels for them!

My daughter left a little bag filled with jewelry in the room. When we called, the manager went and checked the room, and held it for my son to pick up. We really didn’t expect it to be there since it would be an easy thing to steal. Thank you for doing that for us!

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Check in was 3pm we arrived at 5pm still had to wait 30 mins for the room and I was traveling w/my elderly father. The woman at the desk didn't seem to care and when I asked for late check out was told must b out by 12:30 which gave us 30 mins.I'm just glad we didn't get there at 3 to wait 2 1/2 hrs!!

The room was large, comfortable beds,great breakfast,

Can't think of anything

Location was convenient for our destination and the room was comfortable in size and great amenities inside of the room. Breakfast was a great addition.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Reused obviously dirty towels one day. No towels at all next day. Toilet paper roll left empty. Never was told there was breakfast. Evening staff unfriendly. First day in room, used coffee filter left in coffee machine.

Easy booking. Morning of check out staff pleasant.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Hot tub was broke. Breakfast was not very good, limited variety. Homeless living in dumpster in parking lot. First 2 nights there was no hot water in shower! Had a kitchenette and the water in the sink did not work. Very loud.

• Queen Suite

There was a 2 burner stove, etc. not 1 utensil, pan, plate, cups, etc stocked in room. None were delivered upon request. Breakfast eggs were very bad.

Room set up

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

Front window left of entrance was cracked and being held together with tape. Stains on couches in living room area. ROACHES in the restroom: (1)In the toilet. 3 crawling on the wall and a couple more on the bathroom counter. There is about a 1”inch gap between the wall and the counter in the restroom and in that gap, there are several critters in there hanging out. Pretty disgusting. After arriving alone late Saturday evening I was compelled to stayed elsewhere with wife and kids on Sunday.

Receptionist at front desk was very professional. Parking was really accessible.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We didn’t have a working phone, we informed the staff but nothing was done. Not enough lighting in the bedroom. Not enough towels left for 5 guests and when asked for more we were told to wait till the next day.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff was not professional and it took 45min to get clean towels. The room had no phone so every time we needed something we had to walk down. The blanket on the bed had holes and the pillow had stains. The kitchen sink had no cold water .

It was very close to the location we were going.

• Queen Room

No phone in the room AND no phone on the property that we were allowed to use for a local call to the car rental and visa to report damage to our car. Had to walk to Holiday Inn and the lady kindly let us use her desk phone!

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Queen Beds

rm #310 felt like we were on freeway, moved us to #239 from King beds to Double beds - ugh, had to ask for towels - they claimed shortage on towels, spills on sidewalk not cleaned, overflowing garbage, overall felt dirty

Two Bedrooms, price

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Filthy! Curtains dirty, trash left left outside the hotel in the walkways, no towels provided even after asking. Smell of marijuana filled out room through vents (I guess), this continued through our whole stay.

Short walk to the beach, short drive to legoland and shopping outlets.

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

It is a dump, dirty, our toilet broke, ac didn't work, we found a turd on the floor of our room, the breakfast was gross.

Didn't like anything about this place.

• Queen Room

needs more cleanliness, the pillows smelled like sweat, and I found bugs behind the door, that made my wife and I very uncomfortable. I talked to the supervisor and they changed us to a cleaner room next day. The fountain water looks nice on the pictures, that was one of the reasons I picked this hotel, but in real that water fountain is dirty and dry.

breakfast good over all, just the waffler maker needs to be upgrade, atmosphere of people was friendly.

• Queen Room

Pillows were very uncomfortable causing me and my partner to lose much sleep. No toilet paper holder. Rooms are too stark for the price, facility is old and shows it. Loud freeway noise Too $$ for what you get.

convenient location

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

Read info under what I did like!

I waIt's bomb! All of it! Man oh man. I'm just great s bitten by something in my first room. Was sent to another room. Bed was a queen I requested a king. Bathroom unacceptable!! Outside of property very dirty. My front door was hard to close. Manager act unconcerned about something bitting me. However didn’t know they allowed animals on the property!! This is a Motel which I will never stay again. I am told they are becoming the best western. Maids didn’t clean the room correct. They lifted trash and didn’t replace and put new towels in bathroom. I have pictures of the bathroom walls which are dirty!! The staff was nice.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room deadbolt did not work, the bathroom door did not lock, the living room/ bedroom door did not close. Given the time of year, I would expect the pool to be heated.

The breakfast was great, everyone enjoyed it!!!

• Queen Room

No room service. We stayed 2 days. After spending a nice day at the beach we were expecting to come back to a cleaned room with fresh towels, bed made, and came back to the room as we left it. The staff told us that we had to call the front desk in the morning for room service. I'm not sure if they had changed managment and are understaffed but we had stayed there many times before and never had this problem. Large ashtray by the elevator was messy and reeked of cigarettes.

Reservation was easy, parking was no problem, room was remodeled,clean and well lit, room was quiet, bathroom was clean and functional

• Queen Room

Facility needs updating, but it's ok. No fault of the hotel, but rude people were outside the rooms smoking and talking around 1am both nights of our stay.

Room and bathroom were clean. Breakfast was better than most.

• Queen Suite

The door was extremely difficult to open. We got a new key and still had to have staff come and open the door for us and they had just as much trouble with it. It got to the point where we just always left one person in the room so we wouldn't have to fight to get it. The smoke detector was covered in plastic wrap which greatly concerned us as well. Not to mention that when the air conditioning was on the curtains would blow open and there was not way to keep the closed. The shower head wasn't connected to the wall and the Jacuzzi wouldn't blow bubbles. When I complained at check out the attitude was "oh well". I would not recommend this hotel.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The only drawback is that it has little water pressure and the toilet was clogged, of course it was resolved the next day in the morning but even so we were worried that it would clogged again. Beside that everything was excellent

Everything was great.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The eggs could have been drier

I liked the separate living area. The breakfast was a bonus I thought it would be just be coffee and muffins the were not dry enough for me but everyone else like them.it was easy to find.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

they are remodeling new shower tubs very slippery only one trash can for a suite didn't tell us they only clean room every 3 days 4 people in room and got 3 towels no hand towels ask for towels said they didn't have any at front desk and couldn't get any till morning---- what the heck? nice place just need to work on some things

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

It is still being remodeled so some of the floors were empty. It was quiet and we did not hear their noise.

Breakfast, close walk over the bridge to the ocean. The rooms were recently remodeled so there is a private area with the pull out couch and an extra tv. Nice hot plate, microwave, and fridge with freezer. Everything is updated. Staff was friendly, they even printed out forms we needed.

• Queen Room

Undergoing heavy remodel. Ice machine rotted out. Kiddie pool advertised is not filled with water so I wonder if there going to fill it with cement

The staff, breakfast and location. Has fridge and microwave in everyone

• Queen Room

the exercise room was closed due to construction also the computer room. That was the main reason I picked the Ramada inn. when I told them that they offered no kickback, so next time I will think twice before I book them, or call direct to make sure everything is on tract

breakfast was good and room was good bed was perfect

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

I booked to queens and received 1 king room . I inquired about changing rooms, they didn't have anymore available . I was understanding as we arrived at 1:45 am I asked for extra towels as there were 4 guest in the room 2 children and 2 adults they stated they would arrive in the morning. Next morning no towels they never came . I called again for towels they sent up more towels later that day . they next day we had to ask again and the staff told me I had to wait 20min because they were being laundered I honestly could have went without knowing that part . There was also no phone in the room at all !

I liked the cleanliness of the room and property the pool and Jacuzzi area are nice . the location is great 1 exit from Lego land

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

The elevators were extremely dirty and unkept. My husband being an elevator mechanic said it ran smooth enough, but the appearance of the elevator was sub par. The hotel was surrounded with dust and spiderwebs. The waterfall by the pool does not work which is what I thought gave the hotel appeal as i was initially booking. the rooms are sized ok, but the turn down service was less than impressive. It looked as if someone was in a hurry or didn't care.

The front hotel staff were very nice. We got into a nice conversation with a young man and he really made us feel at home and like family.

• Queen Room

The bed was horrible. The hotel staff indicated they had not received the new bed frames and were not able to use the new mattresses. It was literally like the Lucy comedy where the two people on the bed rolled into each other because the bed had no support at all.

The rooms were recently redone. The decor was updated and everything was very clean.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

They ran out of towels. After cleaning the room, they didn't even leave a minimum amount of towels. When I asked the cleaning people, they said, they ran out of the towels and can't give me anymore. A legitimate reason for sure but why would a property such as Ramada run out of towels? which is a basic necessity in the hospitality industry. Would a 4-star restaurant run out of plates after sitting a guest at the table?

• Queen Suite - Pet Friendly

I did not like this particular room this stay. The bathroom toilet paper holder was broken and so when i went to grab the toilet paper it fell off and rolled under the sink. Ugh and then i tried to call the front desk the phone did not work in the room. Then i tried to do my laundry and one washer was broken so i could only wash one big load and was able to wash all my clothes because it was getting late and i worked all day and was too tired.

I like this hotel because of the rooms. They are nice and my daughter enjoys the pull out bed in living room

• Queen Room

This is a very "tired" facility -grounds need better upkeep -hallways/elevator look dirty - rooms are being upgraded so my room was ok but had no curtain -just a drape-so I couldn't open for natural light - no hair dryer -I had to request one and they had to search the property for one-very noisy property near the freeway -they had promised me a quiet room farther away from the noise but when I arrived there was no note about that so I was in a room that had a lot of noise. Guests tend to be loud and noisy at night -I had to go out in the hallway at 10:30 to ask guys to quiet down - someone was using their bbq in the parking lot in the early morning and the smoke caused a few guests to shout "fire" because of the smoke. The low rate wasn't worth the problems - I wouldn't recommend it nor would I stay there again. I left after a few days instead of staying for 7 nights. See above

The low rate!

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The room looked to be in a bit of a beat up shape and the bed was a tad bit uncomfortable.

We had a great stay, the pool was nice and it was great that our room was directory in front of it. Also the breakfast provided was amazing we all enjoyed the food.

• Queen Suite

Room was very hot even though having the a/c on all night. Also when I went to check in no was in front lobby I waiting for that person.

I really didn't like their hotel at all.

• Queen Room

TV remote was very difficult to use. Outlets were not as conveniently located.

Newly renovated rooms. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good. Beautiful neighborhood. Fast WiFi.

• Queen Room

An eyesore everywhere. Dirty jacuzzi, litter all over ,grounds with construction material everywhere. Noisy, slamming constantly of gates to pool area, elevators dirty and smelling. Air conditioner leaking water all night long. Drive around building side, mattress and box springs just stacked waiting for pick up sometime..just not on my visit. Not an appealing sight considering the condition of them, shudder to think that guests have used these at sometime. I fully understand that it is difficult trying to remodel and upgrade whilst still trying to remain open and salvage somewhat of a business, but this is truly a shame. No mention on booking.com that construction is under way, plus photos on web site show only the front of hotel and not surrounding grounds. I did wonder at low price , but stupidly thought it was the time of year, lesson learned. In fairness I must say the room was fairly decent, new bath tub, sink and appliances, new paint, however the small double bed, advertised as a Queen, sloped so badly, it should have been stacked with the others outside months ago. Breakfast yet another joke. Scrambled egg? Sausage patty, unwrapped danish and a few packets of oatmeal, bread and muffins. No thank you, I value my health way too much to indulge. Open doors with fruit flies all over. Fortunately I was in a position to move into a decent hotel for the remainder of my stay. Sad to say this is not the Ramada I have been accustomed to these past many years. no more Ramada for me.

Location of property.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Queen Beds

The staff Adrain was rude and snotty place outside of room dirty elevator broken

The design was poor curtains where torn and old and shower curtain rip too and tire was broken blankets were wrinkled and bed poorly done

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Breakfast needed more choices and more room. Soo crowded one morning we could not get in. Prices should have been less due to all the construction going on.

Close to logo land and freeway. We were happy to have a breakfast available.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Fridge was leaking , bad smell from kitchen sink , old carpet and there were lots of flies I call front desk for maintenance and nothing was done . horrible experience that was first and last time never come back . and would not recommend this place

• Queen Suite

I don't like that the breakfast has changed. They don't have waffles anymore and that's a disappointment. I wish they would bring that back and not serve powdered eggs like when your incarcerated. Ewww

It was great. I used to go to this motel a lot back when Leticia was working here. Its changed

How old everything is.

The facility is just very old. Great location but really needs to be renovated. As nice as the staff was and the cleanliness of the room, I won't recommend this place because it's just too old.

When we arrived there was a man with a very agressive dog shouting in the lobby and chasing a couple of kids, he would nit let us in. We booked two rooms dude by SIDE because we traveled with kids, they find not gives the rooms like that. The hotel was dirty, under construction, you could see akl the mesa around, horrible old pool, etc. We could not lock rooms door. Like a horror movie And very expensive. Totaly not worth it. There was suposed to have breakfast include, there was none. No wifi, it did not work well Terrible experience

• Queen Room

the grounds were a disgrace, this property is owned and operated by someone who only cares about making money. the appearance of the pool area could be upgraded 100% for about $300 dollars and a little muscle. with a great location like this why would you patch the stucco on the outside walls and not paint it to match the rest of the building. because you are incompetant or you don't give a damn.

great location, great location,great location, great location

• Queen Room

Room on second floor but elevator was not working so I could not get luggage to room (disabled). Staff changed my room to first level, but it was next to freeway, smelled bad, pool outside room with kids playing (noise), dirty beach towels on railing in front of room windows (both bedroom and living room), shared wall with laundry room (could hear dryer), parking area filled with large dumpsters and old mattresses, door to room was damaged. I did not stay here based on noise, smell, privacy issues, cleanliness and safety issues. I checked out immediately.

The staff was very friendly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room was just renovated but was not ready to be occupied, there was no hair dryer, no ironing board, no safe and no remote control. The pool and jacuzzi were kind of dirty. The free breakfast is not good. We used to come here almost every year but I don't think we will be back here anymore.

Location and price

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

This is an overpriced, dirty motel type hotel. Our room was under construction, the carpet was disgustingly dirty, the shower curtain and the carpet were ripped. There was paint on the carpet, which shows, that they are renovating this room right now. The fold out couch had old sheets with hair and dirt on it. It looked nothing like the pictures, because you can't see the filth on those. On top of all that, we paid way more than other people for the same room! Shame on booking.com for selling these rooms on their site and shame on Wyndham for putting their name on this hotel. Unacceptable!!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

1) Key cards didn't work, I had to go back and carry all of my luggage with me. 2) Was charged more than I was supposed to have been. 3) Room was dirty and run down. 4) construction everywhere, workers blasting their music. 5) A/C sucked! 6) Beds were horrible! 7) A friend booked the same room as me, we paid the same, and her room was upgraded! 8) Breakfast was horrible. Chairs were ripped. Food was very poor quality.

I liked the location. Close to Legoland.

• Queen Room

Loved this location. Traveled with a friend but would definitely recommend for families as well. Very kid friendly! Room was nice had an excellent stay. Food was good as well.

• Queen Suite

The room was cheap, noisy and smelled like urine when the air conditioner was on. The breakfast area was a jungle, poorly designed and made people upset due to space issues and improper equipment to meet the guests needs.

The location to Legoland is great but I will not stay here again. I'd gladly pay more for a more human experience

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Queen Beds

The beds were comfortable The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I enjoyed the breakfast, which had a wide variety of cereals, delicious eggs & sausage.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The rooms electricity capabilities! Could not dry my hair in the bathroom and have either tv on. If you do the fuse would blow. Thankfully the fuse box was in the room.

The complimentary breakfast was good and the staff were nice

Browse Ramada by Wyndham Carlsbad traveller photo gallery